PDA

View Full Version : Which D2 teams?

mojobison
05-20-2004, 05:44 PM
Are there any D2 teams you'd like NDSU to play before being eligible for the DI playoffs?

I'm glad we're playing a great program like Carson-Newman.

roadwarrior
05-20-2004, 07:03 PM
NO, I would like to see the schedule filled with as many Big Sky and Gateway conference teams as possible. All D-IAA.

TheBisonator
05-20-2004, 10:14 PM
Well, I know I don't want to play ANY MORE NAIA teams, that's for sure. I hope Montana Tech is the end of that. But as for if we're still forced to schedule one or two D2 teams in 2005 to come here, I would only pick out of the following: TAMUK, Valdosta State, Grand Valley State, Northern Alabama, Nebraska-Omaha, Carson-Newman and Northern Michigan.

This winter, I was actually hoping for Northern Michigan to come to our place. I think they would've matched up with us pretty well. The problem is that their helmets are almost identical to ours. ;)

Schemer
05-21-2004, 12:27 AM
This winter, I was actually hoping for Northern Michigan to come to our place. I think they would've matched up with us pretty well. The problem is that their helmets are almost identical to ours. ;)

Weren't they 3-8 in 2003? Are they supposed to be good this year.....I just don't see where they would've 'matched up with us well'

....man, that pic on their website does look sorta like a Bison football player!

http://newsbureau.nmu.edu/wildcats/roster.cfm?sport=mfb

TheBisonator
05-21-2004, 02:47 AM
The only thing that's missing is the yellow trim on the jersey numbers.