PDA

View Full Version : Playing the Huskers

HuskerFan
05-28-2004, 08:41 PM
Hi, do you think the Bison will get a chance to play the Huskers in a few years? Personally I would love to see it happen. I'm originally from Fargo, but have lived in Nebraska most of my life. Plus I have a cousin who is a NDSU grad, and I know he would love to see the 2 teams play. He likes both teams. He told me if it ever happened, he would wear the colors of both teams.

NDSU_grad
05-28-2004, 08:51 PM
I'm sure that it would be up to Nebraska. There is no way the Bison would turn down a chance to go to Lincoln. I'm a pretty big Husker fan myself and would love to see that game happen.

MinotBison
05-28-2004, 08:56 PM
I think there are three chances of that happening:
1. Fat ;D
2. Slim :o
3. None :(

And Slim was just putting the saddle on the horse to ride out of town.

89rabbit
05-28-2004, 09:47 PM
I don't think it is impossible. Although Nebraska does not play as many I-AA as some I-A schools they just played McNeese State in 2002 and they have Western Ill. this season. The Huskers have played both USD and SDSU in the past. The Jackrabbits last trip to Lincoln was in 1963, it was the only game that SDSU lost that year. So I could see a NDSU vs Nebraska match up sometime in the future.

Bisonguy
05-29-2004, 01:29 AM
I think there's a fair chance for a game in Lincoln in the future. The I-A school names being thrown around for NDSU games have been Iowa State and Minnesota. Nebraska might want to wait a few years before throwing an offer to NDSU. It would make for an interesting game, with half of NDSU's coaching staff being former Nebraska coaches. ;D

TheBisonator
05-29-2004, 06:57 AM
In 2007 we will be elligible to play I-A football teams. If there's any I-A team we will play that year, it will most definitely be either one of these teams:

Nebraska
Iowa State
Minnesota

I personally would love to go down to Lincoln in 2007, what with the Husker connections the team has. But I'd also like to travel to Minneapolis to take on the Gophers, because my parents live there, and I'll be able to see the game with them. :)

89rabbit
05-29-2004, 01:21 PM
In 2007 we will be elligible to play I-A football teams. If there's any I-A team we will play that year, it will most definitely be either one of these teams:

Nebraska
Iowa State
Minnesota

I personally would love to go down to Lincoln in 2007, what with the Husker connections the team has. But I'd also like to travel to Minneapolis to take on the Gophers, because my parents live there, and I'll be able to see the game with them. :)

Just curious, why do you think that you need to wait until 2007 for a I-A game? UC-Davis has Standford on their schedule next year.

http://www.fansonly.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/ucda/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/0405upskeds

HuskerFan
05-29-2004, 02:36 PM
I agree with Bisonguy. With half of NDSU's coaching staff being former Nebraska coaches, it would be an interesting game to watch. Craig Bohl has done an excellent job getting NDSU turned around. I think he would jump at the chance to have the Bison play the Huskers.

JBB
05-29-2004, 02:53 PM
I think UCD will be considered an exhibition game for stanford. *In order to count you have to have been at maximum scholarship level for 3 yrs. *NDSU has probably found out that Gophers, Cyclones and Big Red arent interested until we achieve that goal.

I would like to see Iowa State as the first DIA opponent. *It would be exciting to see the BISON play any of those teams. *

Of those 3 Big Red is the strongest program by a long shot. *I would hate to see another San Diago State type game. *Get soundly beat, suffer many key injuries and basically ruin the rest of the season. *Im afraid thats what might happen if we play the Huskers too soon.

IowaBison
06-01-2004, 03:12 PM
Any of those three would be great, if the bison establish themselves as real DIAA contenders, I'm sure we'd see our share of DIA teams, maybe even beat one every ten years.