PDA

View Full Version : Wish List/ Suggestions for new SID

somebison
06-09-2004, 12:59 AM
Thought I would put this in its own thread.

More multi media.....wallpaper, maybe a Bison cursor, updated photos from every game, fan photos, more interviews with coaches and players updated weekly, game feeds, updated satellite information as to where you can get the game on TV..........the SID needs to think outside the box and market this program.

---these are just a few ideas of what can and needs to be done----

from WYOBISONMAN

somebison
06-09-2004, 01:00 AM
[Some site improvement would include faster updates(scores and features- the last Athlete of the week was on Feb. 25th ) , a calender of all events for the next 30 days or so on the homepage (the ticker doesn't cut it for me ), and a link to buy some good Bison apparel and merchandise (NDSU admin can contact myself to confirm what is good apparel and merchandise).

I like the layout of the GoBison site. Maybe the fonts need to be changed, but overall the layout is good. Everything is only a couple clicks away. I don't like some schools sites that have the popup menus (the ones that make you feel like you're running Disk Defrag from the Windows start menu).

- from Bisonguy

somebison
06-09-2004, 01:13 AM
My suggestions for gobison.com

A link to buy NDSU apparel-

NDSU Apparel and Gifts (http://www.ndsu.nodak.edu/bookstore/clothing/2003_Catalog.shtml#top)

- see it isn't that hard

a link to a Teammakers website- which I think still needs to be made

- a consolidated "clickable" calendar with all of the athletic events

Other ideas for the program in general.

- Where is the coaches call-in show at? I don't know. But it would be great if it were at a place like Buffalo Wild Wings. People could go out to eat and see the coaches. One would think it would be good for business wherever it is at and maybe NDSU could get a few bucks from the restaurant.

Also how about a Dinner type function (similar to a teammakers luncheon) on football recruit signing day. They could put together clips of the incoming recruits and show them on a big screen, while having the coaches talk about the recruits and the upcoming season at the Holiday Inn or wherever they want to hold it. It would be another fundraiser and be a way to kick off the season ticket drive and get fans excited for the coming season.

Bisonguy
06-09-2004, 02:07 AM
General two step idea-

1)Check to see what day the NFL Draft is.
2) Don't schedule the Spring Game on that day.

TheBisonator
06-09-2004, 02:30 AM
Also:

NO MORE home games on the Saturdays after Halloween and/or the hunting opener. Do we really want to see any more games with attendances of 7,000? I know I don't.

Bisonguy
06-09-2004, 02:50 AM
Also:

NO MORE home games on the Saturdays after Halloween and/or the hunting opener. Do we really want to see any more games with attendances of 7,000? I know I don't.

I agree, but I think both of our ideas (late fall games and the spring game) are more AD territory than SID.

NDSU_grad
06-09-2004, 03:43 AM
Hey Somebison, have you ever gone to Applebee's where they have the Dan McCarney Show. I've never been there but I hear it's pretty cool. The place is packed and I guess it's just kind of neat to interact with the coach in an informal setting.

somebison
06-09-2004, 04:17 AM
Hey Somebison, have you ever gone to Applebee's where they have the Dan McCarney Show. *I've never been there but I hear it's pretty cool. *The place is packed and I guess it's just kind of neat to interact with the coach in an informal setting.

no- but you've "outed" me. thats where I got the idea. Wayne Morgan (the Iowa St BB coach) has his show there as well. I too have heard it is a good time. "My" other idea for the FB recruit dinner/luncheon has been done by Montana in the past and I have heard it is quite popular.

tony
06-15-2004, 01:20 AM
Something very odd has been going on the last couple days with gobison.com and I haven't had time to investigate... First, it was down completely and today it's bringing me to a construction site that is (what are the odds?) under construction. Is this happening to anybody else? Kind of looks like NDSU's ISP has something hosed up big time.

Anyway, I think www.gobison.com is very good. They have to write a LOT of copy to keep that thing fed - more in one weekend than I manage in a year.

However, regardless of whether NDSU has a new SID or not, I'd like to see the site continue to improve - it has come a long way since I first saw it.

There's some stuff that only NDSU can do - highlight clips and things that involve player interviews for example. Come to think of it, I'm not too sure of that last one.

Bisonguy
06-15-2004, 01:31 AM
I was going to ask the same question. Sometimes the site loads fine, and then it won't load at all :-/. It's been going on for the last couple of days for me. I have not been directed to the under construction page, though. I was thinking maybe it was bandwidth related (there's a lot of the Tracey Wistrom picture circulating on the Cornhusker boards), or possibly an update is in the works. The In-Forum site loaded extremely slow when they were working on the newer version.

JBB
06-15-2004, 02:37 AM
I cant get there at all. *It just doesnt load.

Now Im getting what your getting Tony, John T Jones Construction.

OCBison
06-15-2004, 01:49 PM
Maybe George, in a last defiant move, hacked the web site to go to the construction company's site.

Is anyone curious to see what the press release is going to say about George's "retirement"? I believe today is his last official day.

NDSU_grad
06-15-2004, 03:05 PM
I went to the site last night and it loaded just fine. Maybe they're upgrading the server or something (I know nothing about these sorts of things) and they figured the summer would be the best time to do it.

tony
06-15-2004, 03:46 PM
Yep, it's working again.

It was either something at the ISP or on up the line - something was translating the addresses wrong.