PDA

View Full Version : Impact New Guy

Bisonguy
06-05-2004, 07:49 PM
Any prognostications of who will make an impact on the team that didn't play for NDSU last year (Freshman or JUCO)?

Some of the favorites would have to be Dragosavich, Chapman(Cinque, not Joseph ;D), and Mays.

My $$$'s on Cory Campbell. Jimmy Burrow was talking to the man that can break four plastic forks in one meal at the Spring Game, and seemed to be very impressed with Campbell.

insane_ponderer
06-07-2004, 02:06 PM
judging from the spring game i like joe mays chances of becoming a beast that other teams rbs, tes, and qbs talk about hushedly for fear of being heard....hopefully hes as smart as he is physical

KTF
06-07-2004, 03:22 PM
Mays made some rookie mistakes at the spring but I agree he is going to be a beast. What about Rodney Thompson, I expected to see him on the #1 defense in the spring game but #2 defense?

BisonMav
06-07-2004, 06:21 PM
Cinque Chapman !

kcdet
06-07-2004, 06:25 PM
There is a young man named Symeon Cabell that can make a significant impact at rb or db. He missed most of the spring with a fractured hip but, will surprise many if healthy in the fall.

Bison_Dan
06-07-2004, 07:45 PM
Mays made some rookie mistakes at the spring but I agree he is going to be a beast. *What about Rodney Thompson, I expected to see him on the #1 defense in the spring game but #2 defense? *

I think that by game time Rodney Thompson will be playing alot. He may have to lose some weight and hit the weigh room but he should be a force. Joe May, Chapman, Nick Jackson, Mike Dragosavich, Steve Walker showed up big time at the spring game and I hope will see playing time. These are some exciting new comers. ;D ;D

KTF
06-07-2004, 09:24 PM
Stauss has the #1 QB spot wrapped up but does anybody feel that by the end of the year Steve Walker could be pushing for the #1 spot, if not sooner? Walker seems more poised at the QB spot then Stauss but then Stauss definitely has the experience!! Should be a fun transition to watch! There are too many new guys to pick out the new impact guy...

Bisonguy
06-08-2004, 03:41 AM
I'd like to see somebody step up at the corner spot. Gorman's a senior and there's definitely a need for his shoes to be filled.

I think everyone will have to step it up this year to be competitive. The schedule is more difficult than a lot of people have acknowledged.

Bisonfan1234
06-13-2004, 05:03 PM
Is Dragosavich even going to play WR?

They might turn him into the punter.

tony
06-14-2004, 06:22 PM
Well, Tony Satter and Casey Bradley both were punters - and they managed to get some playing time at their normal positions.

Punting might hurt him as a WR because it'll probably cut into his practice time, but otoh it'll help him because he'll get on the travelling squad...

hm, I wonder how many players NDSU will travel with next year? NCC rules that kept the travelling squads kind of small - I wonder if the GWFC has anything similar?

JBB
06-14-2004, 07:12 PM
How many does DI-AA allow for travel? I think the NCC was 46.

tony
06-14-2004, 07:46 PM
For the playoffs, the traveling squad size is 56. For the regular season, I think it is up to the conference. I can't find anything concrete but it looked like the Gateway allows 62.

Bisonfan1234
06-14-2004, 08:53 PM
Why take a large travel squad? All it does is cost more money.

tony
06-14-2004, 10:28 PM
I guess I'd leave it up to the university to decide how many should travel. 56 seems like a good number.

Bisonguy
06-15-2004, 09:55 PM
I guess I'd leave it up to the university to decide how many should travel. 56 seems like a good number.

The Big Sky limits at 58 for conference games. They have no limit on non-conf. games, except when air travel and overnight lodging is required. -That's from the Big Sky Assistant Commissioner

Bisonguy
07-01-2004, 04:43 AM
Looks like my pick is DOA. ::)

At least there's another good JUCO transfer to take his spot.
Arizona lineman fills hole on defense (http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=62224&section=Sports)

North Dakota State lost one defensive end, but gained another.

Cory Campbell, who transferred at mid-semester from Holmes Community College but had yet to play a down, will not return because of academic reasons, said head coach Craig Bohl.

The loss of Campbell, who was a backup, may be minimized, however, with the commitment of Isaac Lavant from Arizona Western College. Arizona Western head coach Bob O'Mera said Lavant plans on enrolling at NDSU this fall.

"He's got that motor that plays hard all the time," O'Mera said. "Believe it or not, everybody doesn't do that."

O'Mera said Lavant's height,

6 feet, kept him from signing with a Division I-A school.

He weighs about 255 pounds.

"People really liked him on film, then they would see him in person and that hurt him," O'Mera said. "People are looking for the taller kids. If he was 6-2, he would have been signed way early because of the interest."

Lavant's statistics were not available.

Campbell ended spring practice as the backup to senior Travis Ware. Bohl said senior Jay Delmedico, a defensive tackle his first three years before being moved to offensive line, will probably return to defense to help with depth.

Readers can reach Forum reporter Jeff Kolpack at (701) 241-5546