PDA

View Full Version : Mike Maresh

tony
06-27-2004, 09:12 PM
Mike Maresh, recruiting class of '04, was name the defensive MVP for the metro team in the Minnesota All-Star football game.

The S'Trib didn't say much except that he intercepted a pass and returned it 32 yards. QB recruit, Ryan Parsons, threw a 82-yard TD pass for the metro team too (they ending up winning 26-13).

Bisonfan1234
06-27-2004, 11:22 PM
Heard Parsons had a bad game (lucky long pass to a D1A receiver who happened to catch it) and looked very bad @ qb as a passer. Hopefully he will be better @ D-back.

Also heard Maresh had a brillent game except he got blown up on a kick-off and then almost broke his had in frustration as he punched the bench.

NDSU_grad
06-28-2004, 03:05 AM
Parsons was recrutied as a QB. I've never heard anyone mention him as a db.

tony
06-28-2004, 04:44 AM
Parsons is a QB. Heck, Brooks Bollinger didn't have a great Badlands Bowl either but still managed to take Wisconsin to the Rose Bowl.

Parsons is a heck of an athlete. From what I read, he did well to even make the throw. The Pioneer Press had this quote from the Matt Simon, the player who caught the ball:

[Quote]:"I saw him scrambling and just tried to turn up field,'' said Simon. "He made a great throw.'' [QUOTE]

I also heard that Maresh tripped on the Metrodome Field TurfTM on the kickoff. Later, he punched the bench out of frustration when some guys went on too long about the goodness of Field TurfTM, the evils of farming, the midwestern-ness of North Dakota, and the dinkiness of Fargo North in relation to Fargo South. Perfectably understandable. :)

Bisonfan1234
06-28-2004, 05:23 AM
He also played dback, I think. Unless I'm thinking of Steve Moore. Possible.

It was a good throw, but I heard he didn't look that great.

Also, the game wasn't played at the dome, but nice try.

bisononce
06-30-2004, 06:33 PM
Mike Maresh named MVP of the Metro All-Stars. The counterpart, MVP of the Outstate All-Stars, was Michael Kasten. Kasten's bio lists College Choice as University of Minnesota or North Dakota State University. Anybody heard if he is to be a Bison? Anyway, it's interesting our coaches have found (by some measures) the two top defensive players in the state.

Hey, 1234, you "heard" Parsons had a "bad game" and "looked very bad @ qb as a passer?" I saw the first half of the game and had a different view of Mr. Parsons than you "heard" about. The td pass was a beauty, not a "lucky pass." He looked mature, like a man among boys out there. He has good footwork, was able to scramble to hunt among covered receivers and regularly evaded defenders for runs. Parsons had every other series, sharing time with Otto of Hill-Murray, so his chances were limited....

Since we "heard" 12 lives right down the street from Macalester, you'd think an expert such as he would have attended the game. Whatsamatter 12, busy babysitting your girlfriends illegitimate children on Saturday? :o

Bison_Dan
06-30-2004, 06:54 PM
Say Bisononce how did Nick Compton (LB) look?

Bisonfan1234
06-30-2004, 07:34 PM
No I didn't attend the game, I heard from a friend and saw the news covereage of it online.

Like I've said before, I never said I lived in MN.

bisononce
06-30-2004, 11:20 PM
Bison Dan: Nick Compton was NOT an All-Star. Surprising. There were a number of quality Minnesota players not included. (I suppose in this era, there is a politically correct thing going on, with a "proper" geographical distribution of players.)

Bisonfan1234
07-01-2004, 05:29 AM
Or players have better things to do. Being in an AS game isn't the sweetest deal that ever was invented. At least one kid always gets hurt every year.

IMO you'd be smart not to go and simply spend the extra week training.

whatever_
07-01-2004, 06:50 AM
IMO

An all-star game is an honor you should not turn down, unless your scholarship says you can't. The chance to play with the best from your state no matter where it is...wow. Only once in your lifetime can you do that.