PDA

View Full Version : National Championship games

KTF
07-08-2004, 09:43 PM
Has anyone ever tried to talk to the administration to see if SU would be interested in selling a DVD set of the National Championship games? For a mid 20's fan sure would be fun to see some of the historic games!

Trimmy
07-08-2004, 11:26 PM
I'll buy one.

Bisonguy
07-08-2004, 11:30 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing a yearly recap DVD like a lot of schools offer.

KTF
07-09-2004, 04:00 AM
who would we petition within the administration to create such an series?

Hammerhead
07-09-2004, 05:07 AM
I'd buy one. I was at the championship game in 1986 and was too hung over to remember some of it. :-[ The bus drivers had a don't ask/don't tell policy about under-age drinking and we started after the 1st pit stop in Sioux Falls the day before the game. I do have some pretty cool pictures taken on the field as Bentrim and company are hoisting the trophy high in the air.

IL_Bison
07-09-2004, 03:08 PM
I would definitely buy one...the only nat'l championship game I remember is in 1990 vs. IUP (I was 12). Those were the glory days when it seemed everybody in NW NoDak was a Bison fan....the area has since been infiltrated by Sue fans.

JBB
07-09-2004, 03:15 PM
I would buy one. They should offer it with the ticket packages. The only game I didnt see was Troy State. I was in Utah. I called a friend of mine in ND and he placed a phone by the radio as we listened and talked. We were in an uproar over the kick. Does anybody remember if the whistle was before or after the ball was hiked.

I didnt see the Grambling game either. Radio with my dad.

kuby
07-09-2004, 04:26 PM
JJB, THE WHISLE BLEW AFTER THE KICK....I WAS PLAYING LEFT CORNER. I JUST REMEMBER TURNING AROUND AFTER HE KICKED IT AND THE BALL WAS HALF WAY THERE I SAID TO MYSELF "THAT MOTHER *$#@#$ MADE IT.

KTF
07-09-2004, 04:55 PM
An update... I have the name of the "offical" administration rep that would be able to help us out, unfortunatley he is not in today. how many copies do you guys think would sell on the open market?

JBB
07-09-2004, 05:18 PM
JJB, THE WHISLE BLEW AFTER THE KICK....I WAS PLAYING LEFT CORNER. I JUST REMEMBER TURNING AROUND AFTER HE KICKED IT AND THE BALL WAS HALF WAY THERE I SAID TO MYSELF "THAT MOTHER *$#@#$ MADE IT.

thanks Kuby, that has been hotly debated from time-to-time. *I said the same thing as you if you can believe that? :D *It was one of the all-time great kicks. *It seems Troy State might be a good DI-A game for us?