PDA

View Full Version : How to get on the Bison team

YellowPacker
07-16-2004, 01:12 AM
Hi--

My friend is wanting to get on the Bison team and I wan't to find some info on how do you get to the walk-on tryouts?

He is actually looking at another school but I told him to look at NDSU cause it's closer to home.

You know anything about the tryouts?

KTF
07-16-2004, 02:00 AM
Never having been a player on the team, I don't know how you would walk on but I do know that practice starts on August 6. Maybe calling the athletic office would be a great place to start...

KTF
07-16-2004, 02:02 AM
Tell us more about your friend, what position does he play, etc...

TheBisonator
07-16-2004, 02:27 AM
I really shouldn't be saying this (I wanted to keep kind of anonymous), but I'm a student assistant on the football team (seriously), and I personally know most of the coaches pretty well. (I'm good friends with Coach Bradley.) Give me a PM or an e-mail if you want more info on how to walk on.

I don't want to let loose any classified information that I'm entitled to keep secret from this board, so I won't say anything else. Just that the board has an actual team member on it. :) I won't speak of it anymore.

KC7
07-17-2004, 10:06 PM
True "walk-ons", the ones who weren't recruited. Usually begin practice when the school actually starts. There are many walk-ons(nonscholarship) who are highly recruited but just not enough money, those kids come in with the rest of the team on Aug 6.

Good luck!