PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Bison Preview

BisonMav
07-12-2004, 06:50 PM
In case you haven't noticed, there is a great preview by Bob Holiday on BisonInsider. * Great job Bob.

Bisonguy
07-12-2004, 11:56 PM
Good stuff. ;D ;D

JBB
07-13-2004, 03:31 AM
Excellent!

SDbison
07-13-2004, 04:53 AM
Too bad Bob Holiday can't write some articles for the Fargo Forum! BTW, I hope the Forum will increase its pre and in season coverage of Bison football (and other sports too). NDSU is now DI and with the new status there should be increased coverage. More in depth pre game and post game articles, player bio's, opposing team assessments and regular updates on related DI activity. I mean the type of coverage that promotes the team and gets folks out to the games. McFeely's smart a$$ comments do nothing but glorify himself and Kolpack disappears from the printed page for weeks at a time.
Thanks Bob for giving me another info fix on the Bison until the next rare and brief article in the Forum. Go Bison!!!! Six and a half weeks to go..............

WYOBISONMAN
07-13-2004, 03:30 PM
I agree. The Forum has been too quiet about NDSU in the past few weeks. Let's start getting people fired up!!

....Maybe the new SID will be more effective in that mode.

KTF
07-13-2004, 03:57 PM
Thanks Bob!

Tatanka
07-14-2004, 02:32 AM
I agree. *The Forum has been too quiet about NDSU in the past few weeks. *Let's start getting people fired up!!

....Maybe the new SID will be more effective in that mode.
Unfortunately I don't think that the Forum will be influenced either way by anyone at SU. I just hope it improves to the point where my birds will crap on it after I'm done reading it.

BisonMav
07-20-2004, 06:42 PM
Preview of the Defense in on BisonInsider now. Looks like a good D coming back.

CKelly
07-20-2004, 09:02 PM
I could be wrong, but I thought I understood that jc transfer Cory Campbell would be taking over the final spot along the line. The left D end spot. I heard the Bison were rather impressed with him.

Bisonfan1234
07-20-2004, 09:08 PM
This other new guy from Mississippi might be better.

Bisonguy
07-20-2004, 09:16 PM
I could be wrong, but I thought I understood that jc transfer Cory Campbell would be taking over the final spot along the line. The left D end spot. I heard the Bison were rather impressed with him.

This is from The Forum June 30th. Campbell was my pick for the impact new guy :-/:

North Dakota State lost one defensive end, but gained another.

Cory Campbell, who transferred at mid-semester from Holmes Community College but had yet to play a down, will not return because of academic reasons, said head coach Craig Bohl.

The loss of Campbell, who was a backup, may be minimized, however, with the commitment of Isaac Lavant from Arizona Western College. Arizona Western head coach Bob O'Mera said Lavant plans on enrolling at NDSU this fall.

"He's got that motor that plays hard all the time," O'Mera said. "Believe it or not, everybody doesn't do that."

O'Mera said Lavant's height,

6 feet, kept him from signing with a Division I-A school.

He weighs about 255 pounds.

"People really liked him on film, then they would see him in person and that hurt him," O'Mera said. "People are looking for the taller kids. If he was 6-2, he would have been signed way early because of the interest."

Lavant's statistics were not available.

Campbell ended spring practice as the backup to senior Travis Ware. Bohl said senior Jay Delmedico, a defensive tackle his first three years before being moved to offensive line, will probably return to defense to help with depth.

CKelly
07-20-2004, 09:51 PM
Great info! Thanks guys!

Bisonfan1234
07-20-2004, 10:00 PM
Bohl said senior Jay Delmedico, a defensive tackle his first three years before being moved to offensive line, will probably return to defense to help with depth.

I thought he was moved from DT to TE.