PDA

View Full Version : Badlands Bowl

Bison_Kent
06-14-2004, 06:04 PM
The participants for the Badlands Bowl were announced. Here is the 34 member team that will play the Montana All-Stars in Miles City. All five ND Bison recruits are playing, Tyler Jangula, Zach Harrington, Alex Belquist, Tyler Roehl, & Jerimiah Wurzbacher
Full Roster
Alex Belquist, New Rockford;
Jake Caufield, Minot;
Randy Danielson, Bismarck;
Dan Dardis, West Fargo;
Ward Demontiguy, Washburn;
Tyler Doeling, Carrington;
Weston Dressler, Bismarck;
BJ Etzold, Bismarck;
Thomas Fandrich, Richardton;
Mike Feldman, Bismarck St. Mary's;
Josh Halvorson, Rugby;
Zach Harrington, Carrington;
Brett Holinka, Dickinson;
Tyler Jangula, Williston;
Jessie Johnson, Bismarck;
Trent Kleinjan, Dickinson;
Carson Klosterman, Wyndmere;
Jason Lunski, Fargo Shanley;
Keith McCleary, Napoleon;
Josh Obrigewitch, Bismarck;
Byrce Peterson, Jamestown;
Tom Prout, Grand Forks Red River;
Brennan Quintas, Dickinson Trinity;
Cole Rieniets, West Fargo;
Tyler Roehl, West Fargo;
Andrew Ross, Fargo North;
Cody Sailer, LaMoure;
Wayne Samson, Cavalier;
Joey Schell, Fargo South;
Wesley Schwartz, Beulah;
Davey Sjostrom, Bismarck Century;
Rockie Stavn, Bismarck Century;
Tra Tagaloa, Minot;
Jerimiah Wurzbazher, Fargo South.

http://in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=60678&section=Sports

Bisonfan1
06-14-2004, 06:10 PM
I wish this game could be televised, at least every other year when the game is in Montana. Nice to see all the Bison recruits on the roster.

Bison_Kent
06-14-2004, 06:15 PM
I wonder how many Griz and Bobcat recruits will be playing in the game for the Montana side.

JBB
06-14-2004, 07:13 PM
Anyone know where Dardis from West Fargo is going?

WYOBISONMAN
06-21-2004, 04:03 PM
Montana pounded the hell out of North Dakota in the Badlands Bowl. Looks like we were not even competative. Here is the story from the Billings Gazette.....

http://www.billingsgazette.com/index.php?id=2&display=rednews/2004/06/20/build/sports/37-badlands-bowl.inc

Bisonfan1234
06-21-2004, 09:34 PM
That doesn't make much sense to me.

MT only has 300,000 more people than ND, you wouldn't think they'd have THAT many more athletes.

I guess ND still has too many people living in the rural boondocks.

HELLO! Your ancestors moved to the cities 25 years ago. Get with the program and leave the farming to the corporations!

JACKGUY
06-21-2004, 09:45 PM
Bison 1234-That has to be one of the most stupid statements I have ever heard read on this or any board. You are either looking for attention or just a plain idiot. I imagine its a conbination of the two.

NDSU_grad
06-21-2004, 10:42 PM
Bison 1234-That has to be one of the most stupid statements I have ever heard read on this or any board. You are either looking for attention or just a plain idiot. I imagine its a conbination of the two.

Actually, that is pretty much par for the course for 1234. Just try to ignore him, although sometimes it's hard to do.

Junior
06-21-2004, 11:07 PM
Sigh. Not the corporate farms thing again ??? ??? ???

roadwarrior
06-21-2004, 11:15 PM
Maybe the corporate farms can grow the new cash crop, fieldturf ;D

TheBisonator
06-21-2004, 11:35 PM
Actually, that is pretty much par for the course for 1234. *Just try to ignore him, although sometimes it's hard to do.

He couldn't even get his statistics right.;D Montana only has about 260,000 more people than North Dakota.

(902,195 to 642,200 - 2000 Census figures)

JBB
06-22-2004, 12:09 AM
Dressler really out played Roehl. The leg injury is bothersome. He had problems in HS. Get him working with the line and he could be great.

Bisonfan1234
06-22-2004, 04:16 AM
Dressler is fine for high school. But once he gets to even a small school like UND, he'll have problems with his size.

tony
06-22-2004, 05:07 AM
Not to be disagreeable or anything but Dressler would have been a great signee for NDSU. I still can't figure out how a guy improves by a full TWO SECONDS in the 200 meters in one year. That's un-flipping-believable. Maybe he grew an inch or two or was gimpy as a junior? I've never heard of anybody getting so much faster in one year before... heck, I've never heard of anybody getting that much faster in four years.

Anyway, I'm not suggesting anything untoward, it's just amazing, and I think he has the potential to be a great one for UND.

Bison7925
06-22-2004, 02:04 PM
Tony,

Are you suggesting that UND might use Dressler to start a track program? ;D

tony
06-22-2004, 02:41 PM
Every once in a while, UND signs a fast guy... I remember Norm McGee who won three straight NCAA 100 meter races. His time in HS was 10.57 - almost exactly the same as Dressler's.

WYOBISONMAN
06-22-2004, 02:48 PM
I see over on Egriz the Montanans are talking about how they need to start games against Idaho and Wyoming (they are even talking about Washington....who I am sure could care less about Montana). Seems that they think that North Dakota is totally second tier. Hopefully we will put together a couple wins in the upcoming Bowls! Gotta quiet those Montana people down!

NDSU_grad
06-22-2004, 03:03 PM
I see over on Egriz the Montanans are talking about how they need to start games against Idaho and Wyoming (they are even talking about Washington....who I am sure could care less about Montana). *Seems that they think that North Dakota is totally second tier. *Hopefully we will put together a couple wins in the upcoming Bowls! *Gotta quiet those Montana people down!

With our showing the last 8 years it's kind of hard to argue with them. Hopefully the large schools in the state start to build some high quality programs. It would be nice to win the game at least once every three or four years.

WYOBISONMAN
06-22-2004, 03:10 PM
And as to 1234's dumb ass comment.....I am thowing the flag.......http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/bs.gif

IowaBison
06-22-2004, 03:20 PM
i think that for the most part griz fans are full of sh-t, sure they've won a couple of natl championships,

but in the words of eddie murphy..

'what have you done for me lately'

when they beat us at home then they can talk about playing a DI football program

Bison_Dan
06-22-2004, 06:19 PM
This years senior class in ND was probably the poorest in many years. No QB's and no defensive players. We just should have sent West Fargo's High out there and kicked their butts. ;D ;D

JACKGUY
06-22-2004, 06:27 PM
Would love to see an alllstar game in football and basketball between the Dakotas!

Bisonfan1234
06-22-2004, 09:02 PM
I see over on Egriz the Montanans are talking about how they need to start games against Idaho and Wyoming (they are even talking about Washington....who I am sure could care less about Montana). *Seems that they think that North Dakota is totally second tier. *Hopefully we will put together a couple wins in the upcoming Bowls! *Gotta quiet those Montana people down!

Wyo pretty much spelled it out for us. We need to STOP looking to the west where we go on unnoticed and start making connections in the east.

Thanks for the info, Wyo.

IowaBison
06-22-2004, 10:01 PM
i'm sure the kids at the commuter colleges are clamoring for a date with the bison

Bisonfan1234
06-22-2004, 10:38 PM
Just like the kids at all the "big", "important", "good at football" Montana schools are.

::) ::) ::) ::)

JBB
06-22-2004, 10:41 PM

We probably are second tier. We should be trying to start those games too. Idaho, Wyoming, Iowa State, DI-A teams that we might be able to play with. Even the Gophers seem out of reach for us now, and forget Wisconsin.

JBB
06-22-2004, 10:44 PM
This years senior class in ND was probably the poorest in many years. *No QB's and no defensive players. *We just should have sent West Fargo's High out there and kicked their butts. * *;D ;D

I hear that! Dynasty Football is being played at West Fargo. The PACK is BACK my friend, and on the Attack!! The Fargo Schools bow to their mighty power. Its been a long time coming!!!!! ;D

Bisonguy
06-22-2004, 10:58 PM
I hear that! *Dynasty Football is being played at West Fargo. *The PACK is BACK my friend, and on the Attack!! *The Fargo Schools bow to their mighty power. *Its been a long time coming!!!!! * ;D

[Lee Corso] Not so fast, my friend [/Lee Corso]

A certain former Bison QB did wonders at Shanley, and is now taking the helm of Fargo South. Return to Glory!

JBB
06-22-2004, 11:02 PM
As much as I love him, it aint going to happen. Can you spell golf? Stay where you belong, football is no place for south high boys. *

*hey, somebody has to Smack for the Pack! ;D

Bisonfan1234
06-22-2004, 11:37 PM
I've heard the demographics of Fargo with respect to North and South HS continues to diviate.

South has ,by far, more kids and more money.

Bisonguy
06-22-2004, 11:42 PM
I've heard the demographics of Fargo with respect to North and South HS continues to diviate.

South has ,by far, more kids and more money.

Possibly. The geographic boundaries have changed over the years (the cutoff was Main Ave. when I was at South- now it's at least 13th Ave. S.). North has always had a lower enrollment than South (at least since the late 80's).

IowaBison
06-22-2004, 11:51 PM
south is about twice the size of north

the money thing isn't an issue as the school district doles it out pretty evenly

Bisonfan1234
06-23-2004, 12:16 AM
I meant the money made by the families of the students enrolled at each school.

Bison7925
06-23-2004, 12:24 AM
The geographical center of Fargo is now 17th Ave. South, which ironically is on the south side of Fargo South's campus.

So they should rename the school Fargo Central or Fargo Mid-North ;D

TheBisonator
06-23-2004, 02:28 AM
They're gonna build a new high school in far-south Fargo near Shanley's new digs by the end of the decade. Maybe they should rename South High "Central" and name the new school "South"???

Bisonfan1234
06-23-2004, 02:34 AM
They definately should spilt up south if it's twice as big as north.

BisonMav
06-23-2004, 03:08 AM
They definately should spilt up south if it's twice as big as north.
Isn't Minot HS twice as big as North?

Bisonguy
06-23-2004, 03:22 AM
Here's the 2001-2002 enrollment numbers

Fargo South grades 10-12: 1639
Fargo North grades 10-12: 914
West Fargo grades 9-12: 1569
Minot grades 11-12: 1035
Bismarck grades 10-12: 1452
Century grades 10-12: 1160

Here's the link if you want to look up others-http://www.greatschools.net

Bisonfan1234
06-23-2004, 03:43 AM
Isn't Minot HS twice as big as North?

Minot is not in the same district as Fargo.

You sure you're from ND?

roadwarrior
06-23-2004, 04:31 AM
How did my old Magicians end up in the Badlands Bowl discussion ???

BisonMav
06-23-2004, 12:32 PM
How did my old Magicians end up in the Badlands Bowl discussion *???
1234 said Fargo South was too big and should be split up. Minot is similar size to South. Should they also be split up? It's a long and winding road, but I got there.

IowaBison
06-23-2004, 01:41 PM
the difference south fargo is growing and minot is definitely not

1234, what does parent's income have to do with anything? also i think you'd be hard pressed to find hard data that supports your statement, though i too think it's true

Bisonfan1234
06-23-2004, 04:20 PM
Minot is not in the Fargo School District.

The FSD, as far as I know, has 2 public HS: north and south. Since South is twice as big as North, that makes for a lopsided district, don't you think?

IowaBison
06-23-2004, 04:59 PM
what do you mean by lopsided? they are getting cramped in south fargo that will be the driver of change

my point, and why minot is brought up, is that you don't build new schools unless there is an increase in projected enrollment, which there is in the case of the south side of fargo, but not in the case of minot

at the same time West Fargo is booming and they have no intentions of building a new high school, though they do plan to build a middle school that will take away their ninth graders from their high school

Bisonfan1234
06-23-2004, 06:17 PM
They only have one high school in Minot and West Fargo.

How could it possibly be lopsided?!

Are you sure you're a sane person?

It has nothing to do with capacity, simply with fairness to each school. I have a hard time believing that Fargo South HS is physically bigger than North. Simply, I think there are probably twice as many kids enrolled their because the current boundry lines are set up that way. I also have a feeling that if the lines were re-drawn to give equal enrollment to each school that North's lines would be south of Fargo South! Obviously it makes no sense for someone that lives accross the street of FSHS to have to be bused to FNHS. Don't you agree? So with this rapid expansion to the south, I would say warrents a new HS there. And the tax payers of Fargo have to pay for it! Haha!

IowaBison
06-23-2004, 07:14 PM
apparently you know little about the fargo school district, fargo north and fargo south are, or at least were, the same school

the old fargo central burnt down, the school district had just built north and used the same blue prints for south

(most people who live or have lived in north dakota know this)

i question your use of the word lopsided as your argument for a new school because one is significantly larger is just plain silly, it has nothing to do with sanity-it has to do with reality

i like your use of the word fairness

hah!

fairness ::)

Bisonfan1234
06-23-2004, 07:20 PM
You just proved my argument for me! LOL! Did you even read what I said?!

I said that I DIDN'T think North and South were physically different.

Now you've said that they're the same size and yet, South still has TWICE the enrollment.

All this means is that everyone lives in south Fargo now and Fargo "South" HS is not even close to being in the south.

** I just looked at the Fargo Public Schools website and it appears that they plan on converting Discovery JHS into the 3rd HS.

IowaBison
06-23-2004, 07:35 PM
what you actually wrote was

I have a hard time believing that Fargo South HS is physically bigger than North. !

i stated they're are nearly the same (those are not the same thing), just trying to inform you of REALITY, and that overcapacity (referring to a previous post) is the REAL driver of the addition of a new school, not some ridiculous, nonexistent requirement for equality in school size

Bisonfan1234
06-23-2004, 09:16 PM
Equal enrollment is the main issue for multi school districts when deciding to get a new school.

Get a clue man.

IowaBison
06-23-2004, 09:48 PM
baloney

prove it

in case you do try this, an example is not a proof, it is an example

Bisonfan1234
06-23-2004, 10:30 PM
I have an example from a friend who told me that his district was doing that exact thing. I even have the website you can go look at that says that they're building the new high school to take pressure off two other high schools to equal out enrollments.

However, first tell me what you would except as proof?

roadwarrior
06-23-2004, 10:30 PM
Although the original South High used the same plans as those for North, over the years, additions to the buildings have made the two far different. South does have more square footage than North, but probably not to the same degree as the difference in enrollments in the two schools.

Minot does have two high school buildings but they use them differently. The old building (early 1900's) in downtown Minot houses the 9th and 10th grades. The new building (early 1970's) in southwest Minot houses the juniors and seniors.

What any of this has to do with the Badlands Bowl is beyond me :D

Bisonguy
06-23-2004, 10:46 PM
Back to the topic-

Tyler Roehl is OK. The Forum reported he didn't have any injury during the game, it was just cramps.

Bisonfan1234
06-23-2004, 10:58 PM
Although the original South High used the same plans as those for North, over the years, additions to the buildings have made the two far different. *South does have more square footage than North, but probably not to the same degree as the difference in enrollments in the two schools.

Minot does have two high school buildings but they use them differently. *The old building (early 1900's) in downtown Minot houses the 9th and 10th grades. *The new building (early 1970's) in southwest Minot houses the juniors and seniors.

What any of this has to do with the Badlands Bowl is beyond me :D

I know White Bear Lake in the cities does this as well. But they actually have a need to do this since they have over 700 kids per class unlike any school in ND.

Junior
06-24-2004, 03:53 AM
That doesn't make much sense to me.

MT only has 300,000 more people than ND, you wouldn't think they'd have THAT many more athletes.

I guess ND still has too many people living in the rural boondocks.

HELLO! Your ancestors moved to the cities 25 years ago. Get with the program and leave the farming to the corporations!

Some casual reading for 1234 *
(sorry guys, I couldn't ignore it any longer. I'm sure I will regret this in the morning)

http://www.sorghumgrowers.com/farmpolicy.htm

U.S. Farm Policy: *Myths vs. Facts

MYTH #1
U.S. farm policy bilks taxpayers and busts the budget.

FACT #1
U.S. farm policy costs pennies per meal and accounts for little more than one-half of 1% of the U.S. Budget. In fact, the 2002 Farm Bill costs less than the 1996 Farm Bill with emergency assistance.

MYTH #2
The 2002 Farm Bill depresses farm prices and increases food prices.

FACT #2
American consumers enjoy the safest, most abundant, and most affordable food supply in the world for 10.9% of income – less than consumers in any other country. In any case, the 2002 Farm Bill cannot depress farm prices and increase food prices at the same time.

http://www.heritage.org/Press/NewsReleases/NR052604a.cfm

Over the last few years, David Rockefeller, whose name is synonymous with wealth in America, raked in 99 times more in payments than the median farmer did, according to Brian Riedl, Heritage’s Grover Hermann fellow in federal budgetary affairs and author of the paper. Basketball star Scottie Pippen collected 39 times more; Ted Turner, the 25th richest man in America, harvested 38 times more; and Ken Lay, ousted Enron CEO and multimillionaire, received three times more.

Corporate farms collected even more. In 2002, a record 78 farms received subsidies of more than $1 million, up 13 percent from the previous mark. One company, Riceland Foods of Arkansas, received $110 million that year—more than all the farmers in Nevada, West Virginia, Vermont, Maine, Delaware, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Alaska, Hawaii and Rhode Island combined.

http://www.citizenreviewonline.org/mar_2002/as_farmers_retire.htm

Keeping the food supply domestic as well as in the hands of small family farmers vs. just a few corporations is also important.

When small farmers go out of business and larger corporate farms take over, there’s less competition and more of a chance consumers will see food prices increase, Kasparian said

http://www.ilsr.org/columns/1995/28March95.html

It turns out that small, family farms, if properly managed, can outcompete factory farms. An average sized Iowa hog farm with 60 sows can raise pork cheaper than an automated North Carolina factory farm with 3,000 sows. A recent study by the Minnesota based Land Stewardship Project and Minnesota's Department of Agriculture found that if farmers manage their livestock and crops carefully they can produce pork at prices factory farmers would find hard to match.

"This is not about efficiency. It is about control," says Mark Schultz of the Land Stewardship Project. It is about whether rural areas will be populated by hundreds of thousands of small, diversified and locally rooted independent producers or by a few hundred absentee owned corporations and their contractors.

Small, family farms can compete with factory farmers on the basis of price. But they can't compete with the giant corporations' financial, marketing and political clout.

Bisonfan1234
06-24-2004, 04:18 AM
To sum it all up, they can't compete, period.

No, they can't compete in prices either. It's pure numbers that are on the side of the corporate farm. More acres, more heads means lower prices for consumers.

End of story.

I really don't care about who farms what, where, or how big their lot is. All I care about, as a consumer, is prices.

Some people might go "I'll pay extra to support the family farmer". Not me, I pay only for the cheapest price.

If you don't like that, too bad.

Junior
06-24-2004, 04:36 AM
So am I safe to assume you think WalMart is good company despite the fact that they pay their employees low wages with minimal benefits and put so much pressure on thier suppliers that some of them go out of business?

But who cares? It's cheap. Right?!?

I can appreciate the fact that as a consumer you want low prices. But a blanket statement like "leave farming to the corporations" is much too simple of a proposed solution to a complex system that is neither free nor fair. Do we really want our food supply to depend on a handful of huge companies?

I guess my points are 1) how low do you actually think consumer prices can get? I don't think there is much additional downward movement possible. and 2) Government Farm programs are just a tiny part of the Federal budget. Consumers never even notice.

I guess we will just have to disagree on this one.

Bisonfan1234
06-24-2004, 01:11 PM
Like I said, all I care about is getting the lowest prices.

If John Q Small-Farmer is selling cheapest, I'll buy from him/her.

I don't think the Government should have any say in farming at all.

They damn well shouldn't be telling them to burn their own crops to raise the prices.

I'd rather buy international grown food if they're going to try and price-fix us. There is always another supplier to go to.

IowaBison
06-24-2004, 01:51 PM
thanks junior,

i was trying to keep bison1234 occupied so he couldn't make any 'midcon is the greatest' posts and you get him started on the farm program

WYOBISONMAN
06-24-2004, 02:51 PM
I am glad that 1234 is back in Minnesota and no longer in North Dakota. We sure don't need people like that in ND. WE don't need people like that even associated with NDSU.....a LANDGRANT school with AGRICULTURAL roots...

Junior
06-24-2004, 02:52 PM
thanks junior,

i was trying to keep bison1234 occupied so he couldn't make any 'midcon is the greatest' posts and you get him started on the farm program

Yeah, sorry about that. I thought maybe I could have a normal discussion but you can see how well that went. I have a theory that 1234 is here to disagree with everything. Maybe we should start a thread about the best color. That should be interesting.

btw, I don't seem to recall any measure in the current farm bill relating to burning crops. Hmmm ??? ???

OK, back to the Badlands Bowl....

IowaBison
06-24-2004, 02:56 PM
that depends if you count burning turkeysh9t for energy

that actually brings up a great point, maybe b1234 is stuck in the 30's?

WYOBISONMAN
06-24-2004, 02:58 PM
Maybe 1234 is actually an alum of Centenary.....and as we have all discovered he really is the Mid-Con commish trying to get NDSU to join his otherwise sorry conference... ;)

WYOBISONMAN
06-24-2004, 03:00 PM
.......and I am being nice here......I could have said he was an alum of Oral Roberts, but I just didn't want to get that graphic and vulgar on this thread......... ;D :D ;)

JBB
06-24-2004, 03:01 PM
Back to the topic-

Tyler Roehl is OK. The Forum reported he didn't have any injury during the game, it was just cramps.

Thats good news, I think he played a last season with an ankle problem.

I see Dan Dardis from West Fargo was also on the roster. Does anybody know if he is going to play college ball. He was my neighbor many years ago and was a very good player for the Pack.

Bisonfan1234
06-24-2004, 08:18 PM
NDSU *does* have a great agriculture program. Bio-systems, ag-engineering, and stuff like that. All of those important jobs will allow you to get hired by a corporation.

NDSU "doesn't* have any "learn how to farm" degrees. If you want that life then just stay on the farm and out of modern society.

BTW, I've never said that I live in either ND or MN. So anything you've said regarding that is pure speculation.

JACKGUY
06-24-2004, 09:04 PM
I thought you lived in the Mid-Cont Headquarters office!

IowaBison
06-24-2004, 09:30 PM
bison1234, will you ever change?

or shall i say miss vanessa quimbo, athletic intern at the MidCon House of Horror

Junior
06-24-2004, 09:56 PM
NDSU *does* have a great agriculture program. Bio-systems, ag-engineering, and stuff like that. All of those important jobs will allow you to get hired by a corporation.

NDSU "doesn't* have any "learn how to farm" degrees. If you want that life then just stay on the farm and out of modern society.

There is more technology in modern production agriculture than the average home. To be successful you have to know how to market, manage, understand soil, plant, and animal sciences. A vast majority are also very environmentally consious. (more than I can say for the average consumer) Not to mention know how use advanced computer systems. Modern farmers are smart, efficient and savvy or they are no longer in the business.

Ever hear of any of these? All offered at NDSU

Agribusiness and Applied Economics
Animal and Range Sciences
Cereal and Food Sciences
Entomology
Plant Sciences
Plant Pathology
Soil Sciences
Ag Systems Management

But hey, what would I know. I've only helped develop some of the very equipment and technology they use by working directly with both large and small producers.

To say farmer of the 21st century are not part of modern society is just plain ignorant.

Bisonfan1234
06-24-2004, 11:13 PM
All of those topics are important to know when farming and will definately help you get a job at a corporation or even in acadamia if that is your thing.

Herd_Mentality
06-24-2004, 11:48 PM
I wanted to get into growing Hemp for rope making, jewelry and medicinal purposes. I was told this was the only ag related experience I could get at UND, thus the end of my dream. I had to settle for a worthless EE degree.

JahGriz
06-28-2004, 07:42 PM

Come on wyo, give the whole story. The MT people who mentioned a game with WA where told by other MT people that we would get killed.

i think that for the most part griz fans are full of sh-t, sure they've won a couple of natl championships

As for this clown's quote, I'll say that the Griz, with all the problems last season, still made the playoffs and were co-champs of the Big Sky. And while being co-champs of the Big Sky is not something we brag about, it is still an accomplishment that many teams in any conference have problems attaining.

IowaBison
06-28-2004, 08:07 PM
i was hoping to lure a Montana fan with that one

then again, why don't you guys schedule us in Fargo, jahgriz?

WYOBISONMAN
06-28-2004, 09:36 PM
Jah....good to hear from you again here on Bisonville....didn't mean to leave anything out of my post. And...hopefully the Nodak folks will get back in the game with the Montanas!

JahGriz
06-28-2004, 10:05 PM
I don't post much over here, but I am a fairly frequent reader. I like the excitement about football over here.

Regarding scheduling NDSU in fargo, I have no problem with that. I would like that game to happen soon. Would have liked to see you guys on the schedule this season, but I don't schedule the games, and we did need an extra home game to get some more money due to our little budget fiasco.

Regarding Wyobison. I'm sure you were just trying to stir up a little excitement in the off season, no problem. But I had to note that most right thinking people know that WA would knock MT's dicks in the dirt in a H.S. all star game. Idaho, would be cool though. I think MT or ND would whoop up on Wyoming.

WYOBISONMAN
06-28-2004, 10:26 PM
Actually, I have been pretty surprised at the quality of HS football here in Wyoming (for as few people a we have). It would be fun to have a tournament between the all-stars from the Dakotas, Montana and Wyoming. We already to a BB tourney with SD and Montana, so I think a "playoff" involving all 4 states would not be that tough to arrange.

JahGriz
06-28-2004, 10:48 PM
I may have rushed to judgement of Wyoming H.S. football Wyo. I only based it on how many kids I saw being recruited from Wyoming. I didn't hear or read of many, but you being there, I trust your opinion.

Anyway, good luck to the Bison this season. I know it will be an interesting season for all of I-AA.

Bisonfan1234
06-28-2004, 10:59 PM
I definately hope to see UMT in our non-conference schedule for many years to come.

IowaBison
06-28-2004, 11:05 PM
i hate the midcon, bison1234, i want you to know that

Bisonfan1234
06-28-2004, 11:52 PM
There was a time when I hoped that NDSU would join the Big Sky.

Then the Sky decided that they'd much rather pursue the likes of Idaho and SJSU than waste their time with us. They still haven't held a vote in which the majority of the members voted in approval of NDSU.

Screw the Sky, the Great West has the potential to be a better conference anyway and we can play UMT and MTSU in our NC for many years.

tony
06-29-2004, 02:16 AM
Uh yeah. What is wrong with the Big Sky wanting Idaho? They were (and are) a long-time rival, they've got good programs, they fit the conference profile, they aren't a provisional school, and they're within driving distance of several BSC members. THOSE BASTARDS! HOW DARE THEY?

I just can't picture Chapman or Taylor (or any adult for that matter) adopting your attitude.

Gonna have to get a thicker skin because NDSU is likely to get rejected a couple more times before getting an invitation to join.

WYOBISONMAN
06-29-2004, 04:11 AM
Screw the Mid-con. We want what is best for NDSU and the State of North Dakota......something that 1234 has NO CLUE about. Now.....go lay by your dish.... :P

Bisonfan1234
06-29-2004, 05:11 AM
Guys, our bed is made and there's a hot babe in it!

The Great West is BETTER than the Sky. UNC and SDSU have the potential to be HUGE rivals and we can always schedule UMT, MTSU, and whoever else in the NC (which we'll havep lenty of spots to do).

Get that in your heads right now. We'd be fools to back out of the Great West.

Ain't happening, end of story.

Bisonfan1234
06-29-2004, 05:13 AM
Screw the Mid-con. *We want what is best for NDSU and the State of North Dakota......something that 1234 has NO CLUE about. *Now.....go lay by your dish.... :P

Like you should talk, WYO.

tony
06-29-2004, 05:15 AM
If I've said it once and another time, I've said it twice, "We can't turn up our noses at any conferences."

BisonInTexas
06-30-2004, 02:50 AM
This just in...

The horse is STILL dead and seems to have been joined by another one.

;D

Bisonfan1234
06-30-2004, 03:10 AM
This just in:

only two things come from texas and you don't look like a steer to me so that pretty much narrows it down.

BisonMav
06-30-2004, 03:32 AM
This just in:

only two things come from texas and you don't look like a steer to me so that pretty much narrows it down.

I think he comes from North Dakota, so you are safe 1234.

BisonInTexas
06-30-2004, 03:33 AM
This just in:

Brilliant! What rapier wit! I can see why it took you 20 minutes to come up with that one. What a treasure you are to have on this board 1234.

Now you can go back and resume humping your FieldTurf couch while fantasizing about male IUPUI cheerleaders and cheap food products obtained from corporate farms ...

;)

Bisonfan1234
06-30-2004, 04:01 PM
It was simply 20 minutes since you posted that I posted that. I wouldn't sit 20 mins trying to think of a post, don't flatter yourself.

big-bison-schlong
08-05-2004, 12:40 AM
:)
I wonder how many Griz and Bobcat recruits will be playing in the game for the Montana side.

just checking on what you guys are writting about :)