PDA

View Full Version : Nichols State game....

Tuk
08-05-2004, 10:02 AM
Just a FYI for everyone on the upcoming War of Northern Aggression II in Thibodaux, LA where the Bison are set to play the Nichols State Colonels (which in no way has any relation to the Civil War I am sure) ;) ......

Airline tickets out of Minneapolis to New Orleans from...
$221
....and from Minneapolis to Baton Rouge from...
$253
Airline tickets out of Fargo to New Orleans from.............
$242
....and from Fargo to Baton Rouge from...........
$281

Just a 65 mile drive from either location will get you to Thibodaux.....

C'mon yall, lets show them Johnny Rebs just how we Yankees play foozball in the northland :D!!! Southern warmth, Southern Comfort, and the best seafood anywhere.....It will be a blast, and those who miss out will regret it I assure you ;D.....

Anyone going or thinking of going?

roadwarrior
08-05-2004, 01:34 PM
I will be there for sure.

roadwarrior
08-05-2004, 01:36 PM
Those prices posted by Tuk prove that it doesnt ALWAYS cost an arm and a leg extra to fly out of Fargo vs Minneapolis.

Parking is $14 per day in Mpls. What does Fargo charge?

Bisonfan1234
08-05-2004, 02:11 PM
Get a taxi.

BisonMav
08-05-2004, 02:48 PM
Taxi is $45 each way

Bison_Kent
08-05-2004, 05:55 PM
My wife and I are planning a little vacation and will be in New Orleans, except for the Saturday of the game. I definitely will be there.

Bisonfan1234
08-05-2004, 06:39 PM
Taxi is $45 each way

Yeah if you're coming from Saint Cloud.

BisonInTexas
08-05-2004, 07:03 PM
I will be definitely there as well (driving over from DFW area). Earlier today, I thought I might have to cancel due to other vacation plans to the Mexican Riviera with the wife, but I deftly moved the vacation up to allow me to attend the game. Gotta have priorities, you know.

We will have to set up a rendezvous point for pre-game activities.

Craig

BisonMav
08-05-2004, 07:03 PM
How about 20 minutes from the airport?

Bisonfan1
08-05-2004, 08:32 PM
Has anyone heard anything about possible group travel/discount fan transportation to any of these high mileage away games through Teamakers/NDSU. Have they chartered entire aircraft in the past?? If nobody has any info Ill e-mail someone at NDSU to see if they are looking into something like that. Dont want to be an e-mail pest over there If I dont have to. Thanx

Bisonguy
08-05-2004, 08:49 PM
Those prices posted by Tuk prove that it doesnt ALWAYS cost an arm and a leg extra to fly out of Fargo vs Minneapolis.

Parking is $14 per day in Mpls. *What does Fargo charge?

Parking at Hector is $5/day

Trimmy
08-05-2004, 11:59 PM
Were those prices round trip?

Tuk
08-06-2004, 05:59 AM
As a matter of fact Trim they were!! *I am telling you....fly into New Orleans, get a nice meal at Deanie's in Bucktownhttp://www.neworleansrestaurants.com/deanies/index.html (a very nice area of New Orleans near Lake Pontchartrain)......I recommend the seafood platter......get a spot to rest up and then drive to the game the next day. *It will be a great experience I assure you!!

whatever_
08-06-2004, 08:09 AM
Not sure where you live 1234 but in the cities a taxi will cost you at least $45 each way from where I'm at.

Schemer
08-06-2004, 03:06 PM
As a matter of fact Trim they were!! *I am telling you....fly into New Orleans, get a nice meal at Deanie's in Bucktownhttp://www.neworleansrestaurants.com/deanies/index.html (a very nice area of New Orleans near Lake Pontchartrain)......I recommend the seafood platter......get a spot to rest up and then drive to the game the next day. *It will be a great experience I assure you!!

I hear ya Tuk....you and Double D can stay @ my house. I'm definately going to be there!