PDA

View Full Version : SDSU Football Game

SDbison
07-13-2004, 05:32 AM
I know it's about 12 weeks away but I think it is time to get some discussion going about the game with SDSU. I might add this is for fun and I am sure both teams won't be thinking about this game until 11 weeks from now. Granted the male bunnies usually kick our butts on the court, but the Bison seem to more than make up for it by the way they stomp the rabbitt carcasses into the turf. From the way coach Bohl and NDSU have approached the transition to DI I don't expect the Bison to be upset in Brookings like the exception that occurred 2 years ago. Bohl and his experienced staff will not make the type of mistakes that Babich made to allow the bunnies into the game. Any comments on areas that SDSU would have a possible advantage for this years game? Definite weaknesses? Lets try to keep the discussion out of smack as long as possible. I really want to get the rivalry thing going with SDSU since the pansies in pink to the north won't play NDSU.

WYOBISONMAN
07-13-2004, 03:29 PM
I have a lot of respect for SDSU and thier work in helping move all of us to D1. However, when it comes to football.....they will likely get pounded by the Bison. BB will be a different story.

jackmd
07-13-2004, 03:59 PM
Trying to put whatever positive spin on this I can, our only chance to defeat (or lose to) a DIAA team at home is this game.

Offensively, I think we can compete with almost any team on our home turf. We have a solid RB, QB, and above average receiving core. I must say I don't know much about our O-line, however. Last year we put the ball on the turf way to often (28 times).

Defensively, different story. I think we have questions at D-line, linebacker, and in the backfield. I suspect there will be more than a few "shootouts".

Our special teams are mediocre at best and I believe our K/P are all Freshman or RS Freshman (I could be wrong). Sure would be nice to have a guy like Adam V. or Brent Gorden.

I definitely don't think a shutout will occur in Brookings like it did in Fargo last year. Ending the year with 5 wins can't hurt this teams confidence and knowing that the week after is OPEN (Pheasant opener) means the boys can leave it all on the field. I don't know much about Nicholls State your opponent the week prior, but hopefully they can wear you down. I like to think we have a chance to beat anybody at Coughlin. On the other hand, the odds that we could win in the Fargodome are about the same as NDSU winning in Frost. I think 10K + will attend the game.

If I were a betting man I'd ask for 6 1/2 points. In my heart I see it SDSU 37 NDSU 34.

WYOBISONMAN
07-13-2004, 04:06 PM
No doubt that anything can happen on any given Saturday. I am looking forward to the game and the battle for the Dakota Matker!!

89rabbit
07-13-2004, 07:35 PM
Should be a big game. Could be almost as big as Hobo Day. The lines are a little shacky as we lost a ton to grad. but we have players with exp. on both sides of the ball. We are solid at the skill positions on the offensive side (although Doc is right that we need to do a better job of hanging onto the ball). I will disagree with doc about the LBs they will be the strength of the Def.

I look forward to a good game and hope that State can win in a close one. Thank goodness that this years game is in Brookings. I would give us much less chance of a win if we were playing in Fargo. Best of luck to our Bison friends (until you come to Brookings)! ;) ;D

Bisonguy
07-13-2004, 09:38 PM
With the added depth on the Bison D line this year, it should be a bit easier to make the Jacks a one-dimensional team again. SDSU plays very tough at home which should make this a good game.

Flintstone
07-13-2004, 11:26 PM
No way the jacks will put up more than 14. Bison 31 Jacks 14.

KTF
07-13-2004, 11:34 PM
Steffes and Chapman have a great night...300 yds combined, Bison 35, Jacks 14. Wow!! this is really early to be making predictions ;)

Bison_Kent
07-14-2004, 12:13 AM
I have heard from the NDSU alumni association that this defininitly will be the satellite game (much like the UND game of the past). It had been speculated that it would be but they have told me it for sure will be.

If I don't make it to Brookings, I will defitely be watching from an alumni event in Wichita.

Tatanka
07-14-2004, 02:24 AM
Planning to head to Brookings. Always a good time to visit the outdoor stadium, to see a Bison victory, and to listen to a superior band.

Tatanka
07-14-2004, 02:24 AM
No offense meant to the Gold Star, of course. Just stating a fact. ;)

Bisonguy
07-14-2004, 03:15 AM
I have heard from the NDSU alumni association that this defininitly will be the satellite game (much like the UND game of the past). *It had been speculated that it would be but they have told me it for sure will be.

If I don't make it to Brookings, I will defitely be watching from an alumni event in Wichita. *

Satellite? This game might be on CSTV!

Bison_Kent
07-14-2004, 03:21 AM
The only way I can get CSTV is by satellite!!

jackmd
08-09-2004, 10:01 PM
Are any of you aware of plans for broadcasting this game in the Rochester, MN area? I spoke with one of our alumni assistance and he thought we would be sharing the same broadcast. Who could I contact regarding these plans?

If this is the case I need to make sure my vaccinations are all up to date and I'll have to find a babysitter. I don't want my young daughters exposed to rabid Bison fans. Especially after a loss to the last place team (predicted by fools) in the GWC. Any info would be appreciated.

bisonranch
08-14-2004, 12:08 AM
Hey rabbits, what do you expect for attendance at this game? Do you ever get the capacity at Coughlin? This is my best chance to get to a Bison game and I'd like to see a good crowd.

89rabbit
08-14-2004, 12:45 AM
Hey rabbits, what do you expect for attendance at this game? *Do you ever get the capacity at Coughlin? *This is my best chance to get to a Bison game and I'd like to see a good crowd. *

All time record crowd is 16,193 (Coughlin Cap is 16,000). Hobo Day 1985, SDSU vs USD. USD was ranked #1 in the nation. Final score SDSU 24 - USD 12 best game I ever saw! ;D

SDSU vs NDSU 2004 - my prediction 10,000. Hope I am wrong and it is a lot more.

Go SDSU! :D

Bisonfan1234
08-14-2004, 01:13 AM
As much as I don't want it to happen and flat out know it won't happen, I have to say that a SDSU victory over NDSU this year would do amazing things for the new rivalry.

One of the reason's NDSU/UND was so good is that either team could win any year.

Right now, it's not that way with NDSU/SDSU.

89rabbit
08-14-2004, 01:37 AM
Last two meetings have been a split. SDSU won in Brookings and NDSU won in Fargo. ;)

Go Jackrabbits! ;D

Bisonguy
08-14-2004, 01:38 AM
Last two meetings have been a split. *SDSU won in Brookings and NDSU won in Fargo. *;)

Go Jackrabbits! *;D
The record is 0-0. It's a new era.

jack100
08-14-2004, 01:55 AM
I think that 89rabbit and jackmd are a little light on their attendance predictions. Weather will have an impact. 70's and sunshine will push the attendance to over 12,000. Tailgating has also really helped increase crowds at state. Plus - this is the best chance for Bison fans to travel to an away game this year.