PDA

View Full Version : Stauss Story

tony
08-17-2004, 01:20 PM
Stauss finds his true home
By Pete Jackel (http://www.journaltimes.com/articles/2004/08/17/local_sports/iq_3048270.txt)

Read it while it's still around.

Bison7925
08-17-2004, 01:45 PM
You can't buy advertising like that! ;D ;D ;D

IowaBison
08-17-2004, 01:54 PM
you're right, I like the plug for walleye fishing on Devils Lake, even if they spelt it wrong

JBB
08-17-2004, 02:14 PM
"It's just a great atmosphere here,'' he said. "There's a dome here, so obviously, when the fans get cranked up, it's 10 times as loud inside as it is outside. It's just a great atmosphere, especially when we're winning.'' Stauss plans to make sure that happens.

I have always felt that way about the Fabulous Fargo Dome. It has been as loud and rowdy as Dacotah Field was. Expecially on those days when there were only 2-3,000 there. There were more of them than many care to remember.

Bisonfan1
08-17-2004, 02:51 PM
I quess the jury is still out for me on the dome. The key statement is "when the fans get cranked up" If the crowd would be into the game like they should be, then yes, the Dome could be very very loud, and my opinion will change. Maybe this will be the year when the dead come to life. I sure hope the 28th is a sellout, the place is loud, and we will all be celebrating a Bison victory. (is there any doubt). This was a very good article on Stauss. The man continues to impress. There is alot of dedication there to the Bison program, not just himself. Go Tony! Have your best year yet !!.

JBB
08-17-2004, 03:34 PM
It was a great article. *Stauss pointed out the importance of the GWFC and I thought his remarks on the SCSU game and the team were interesting. *Tony Stauss is another great example of why scholarship money is so worth while.

Bisonfan1
08-17-2004, 03:50 PM
I totally agree with you JBB. Its articles like these, and the positve attitudes and academic devotion with a player like Stauss and others that make me feel my Teamakers dues each year are well worth it.

Bisonguy
08-17-2004, 05:16 PM
I totally agree with you JBB. Its articles like these, and the positve attitudes and academic devotion with a player like Stauss and others that make me feel my Teamakers dues each year are well worth it.

I couldn't agree more.

Thanks for the great read, Tony.

If the Valpo game is a sellout, I think it's going to be a great atmosphere. Probably only a couple hundered Valpo fans and 18,000+ BISON fans. That couldn't be said of previous sellouts at the Fabulous Fargodome.

SKYdreamzzz
08-18-2004, 06:46 AM
Edited by moderator: I can't stress enough that there is a Smack board. Try not to be an ass, skydreamzzz.

Bison_Dan
08-18-2004, 01:22 PM
That's because he is an ass! It's hard to be something that your not.