Valpo 14
Bison 41

tony
08-24-2004, 04:58 PM
NDSU 42
Valpo 27

KTF
08-24-2004, 05:06 PM
I am confused here, I thought our competition was supposed to be getting harder not easier. The only game that SU went over 40 points last year was againist CSP. Maybe I am missing something but is Valpo that middle - bottom of the pack or are the Bison just that darn good this year? :D

Bisonfan1234
08-24-2004, 05:06 PM
NDSU 28

Valpo 0

I know I have the offense scoring less than most, but the real thing to notice is that the explosive throwing attack of Valpo will not be able to score on the Bison D. Our rush is too strong this year and our coverage is excellent. We will simply overwhelm them on D.

The offensive will have no problem scoring..which is why I think we'l only score 28. We'll have the 2nd string out by half time.

Bisonguy
08-24-2004, 05:43 PM
I am confused here, I thought our competition was supposed to be getting harder not easier. *The only game that SU went over 40 points last year was againist CSP. *Maybe I am missing something but is Valpo that middle - bottom of the pack or are the Bison just that darn good this year? * :D

Both-

The Prime Time Sports roundtable had NDSU by three TD's last night.

LurkingDog
08-24-2004, 06:02 PM
Crusader fans are conspicuously silent. Can't have that can we? ;)

I'm sure they would love to read some of your comparisons to C-SP.
http://pflfan.proboards26.com/index.cgi?board=general

PFL fan page:
www.geocities.com/lurkingd/

KTF
08-24-2004, 06:07 PM
Thanks bisonguy

I sure miss listening to prime time sports. Was this a consensus by the audience or by the hosts, (steve hallstrom, jack michaels)?

MN_BISONS
08-24-2004, 06:56 PM
Bison 41
Valpo 9

Bisonguy
08-24-2004, 07:06 PM
Thanks bisonguy

I sure miss listening to prime time sports. *Was this a consensus by the audience or by the hosts, (steve hallstrom, jack michaels)?

It was by a roundtable of Steve Hallstrom, Stacey Anderson, Scott Miller, Phil Hansen, Jeff Kolpack, andmaybe Mike McFeely(?). I think Michaels was out of town for the Redhawks.

KTF
08-24-2004, 07:16 PM
So in otherwords if Phil Hansen says 3 TD's it could safe to say a W, even though we haven't seen either team play yet this year?

I am curios was Phil thinks of this years team, has he made any comments about the team yet this year?

runtheoption
08-24-2004, 07:33 PM
NDSU 91
Valpo 2

Backup QB Steve Walker runs 97 yards the wrong way and takes a knee in the end zone with 37 seconds left in the 4th quarter. A mercy play called in from the sidelines to stop the bleeding.

'Daaaaaaaaaaaa BISON!!!

BisonMav
08-24-2004, 08:51 PM
I think I will add an Attendance Prediction: 18,999

WYOBISONMAN
08-24-2004, 09:37 PM
NDSU - 42

Valpo - 7

Attendance - 19,800 (standing room totally full)!

CKelly
08-24-2004, 10:29 PM
To answer earlier question:

While the Bison certainly have a tough schedule, Valpo is not one of them. This is a perfect tune up game in preparation for the season. Get the starters some time, and comfort in game one, solidify the depth in question areas, etc.

This game will not be in question, and I think that the three TD prediction by the TV guys is a soft prediction. Bison by 5-6 TD's without problem.

JBB
08-24-2004, 11:59 PM
Boy do I love your confidence Chris!! Ive already stated my score, but to break it down a little I think NDSU has say a 60% chance of the route, a 30% chance of a competitive game with an NDSU win and a 10% chance of the upset.

Coach Bohl made reference to Mankato when talking about Valpo. Mankato gave us a tough game last year.

Bisonfan1234
08-25-2004, 01:32 AM
I believe he's mostly talking about the unorthodox defenses run by both teams.

I also believe if we can shut down Giancola, Valpo has no one left to go to.

petey23
08-25-2004, 01:37 AM
NDSU 52
Valpo 14

bisongold
08-25-2004, 04:38 AM
While I certainly hope for a high scoring victory, I just don't expect this on the first game of the year. A victory of any magnitude would be great. I expect a 3 TD margin. Remember we have a new offensive coordinator. Yes our defense should be good, but our corners are still a huge question mark. Teams seemed to attack this right away last year and it is easy to do even with a new quarterback like valpo has. I look for alot of short passes to the flats by Valpo, this is why the pressure on the QB is so important...to prevent the deeper home-runs. They will not be able to run on us.

petey23
08-25-2004, 07:20 AM
Good points, but don't forget that Valpo is probably a good matchup for Mankato or Moorhead st.

Bisonfan1234
08-25-2004, 02:13 PM
Good points, but don't forget that Valpo is probably a good matchup for Mankato or Moorhead st.

Mankato and Moorhead are worlds apart.

When is Moorhead dropping football? Because, honestly, they're good or decent at everything else. It's like a huge eyesore in the department.

NDSU_grad
08-25-2004, 02:24 PM
The Bison have always played well in the home opener. Good teams like Kingsville, Angelo St., etc. have come into the dome in recent years and got waxed. Valpo is nowhere near as good as them. The Bison by about 40.

JBB
08-25-2004, 02:55 PM
I am confused here, I thought our competition was supposed to be getting harder not easier. *The only game that SU went over 40 points last year was againist CSP. *Maybe I am missing something but is Valpo that middle - bottom of the pack or are the Bison just that darn good this year? * :D

I dont know KTF. *One thing is obvious, BISON fans, including myself are coming out pretty optomistic about this game. *Im a little nervous myself and am not sure about my own prediction, but with CKelly chiming in calling this a missmatch it makes you wonder. *

We got a tough game from Mankato last year, we got beat by SCSU and UNO, USD and SDSU went down fairly easy. *Statistically these guys look a lot like Mankato, SDSU and SCSU. *I expect a game like that. *It could be tough like the mankato and SCSU games last year or it might go the other way.

If the game goes as predicted we might get to see the other QBs and get the bench some great experience. *Im not looking ahead one bit but UNC is next, on the road.

KTF
08-25-2004, 03:53 PM
It just strikes me funny that the whole selling point of the D-I move was to play better teams, etc...Then when this thread started, I thought what the heck was the administration thinking. If the Bison are much better then the a majority of the D-1AA then why didn't they dominate the D-II last year and win the whole thing? I however realize that the UNC will prove why we moved to D-1AA as this will a better judgement of the move.

I also think ok, we didn't domintate like we had the ability to and yah we lost to eventual runner-ups but lets look at it closely. This years tema is better than last years team. The game with the runner up was taken to OT which means that had the Bison played like they did in the fourth quarter (or montana game) it would have been over at halftime. If the runner ups team is peaking and the Bison are in a minor lull than wow, SU has something great going!!

My other thought is did they (Gene Taylor) schedule a equal (used loosely) opponent so that the first D-1 game is close(used loosely) and the Bison put up a W and can get the fans behind them.

If I were Valpo I would really studying the Mankato game. Especially if they run the same style of defense as them. As I recall the Herd was starting to become very effective on the ground in the second quarter and then Mankato switched styles defensively and was able to slow the herd down.

However I also remember that the SU defense was about a step away from a number of sacks last year as well. I would think that this could be a great source of concern on the Valpo side, especially if they are inexperienced on the offensive line (don't know if they are but...) With the guys being fresh in the first game I would think we may see a few sacks as well.

I can't wait for the game on saturday however I am getting less excited knowing that this could potentially be a blow out :(

NDSU_grad
08-25-2004, 04:07 PM
KTF, you have to remember this is our first year of DI. It's not like we had the Delaware's of the world knocking down our door to come to the Fargodome. You also have to look at the season as a whole. Carson-Newman is probabaly not in the upper half of the teams we play this year in terms of talent. Last year they would have been in the top 4 or so. The schedule as a whole this year (even with Valpo and Montana Tech) is quite a bit better than last year.

JBB
08-25-2004, 04:35 PM
Im glad we have the schedule we do. *We dont even count as a DI-AA opponent for Valpo or any other DI-AA teams. *Same for Carson Newman and I guess Montana Tech. *If we cant do well against Valpo we are probably in trouble the following week when we travel to UNC, a top 25 DI-AA football team.

GFBisonFan
08-26-2004, 04:28 AM
NDSU 52
Valpo 31

I have concerns at the defensive back positions, like the SCSU game and feel that Valpo will put up points. We have to put up big numbers to win, which I feel is entirely possible with the power we return on offense. Should be an exciting game.

We need everyone to get up OFF THEIR ASSES and make some noise and help out the defense!!

Bisonguy
08-26-2004, 04:32 AM
Tusculum was supposed to have a high-powered air attack last year. ::)

NDSU will limit Valpo to less than 50 yards (probably less than 20 yards) rushing and make them a one-dimensional team.

I'm sticking to my story 49-10. Bison twos/threes let Valpo get their TD in the fourth.

whatever_
08-26-2004, 08:00 AM
Sorry to switch subjects here but does anyboyd know what the ticket situation is like? I have a buddy who was buying 2 for me today but I couldn't reach him.

I hate to come up from the cities and sit in Wild Wings and watch the USC game....

Bisonguy
08-26-2004, 12:25 PM
supposedly about 1,000 left yesterday. If you end up with GA seats get there early. If you get reseved seats, get there early to get a parking spot.