PDA

View Full Version : FCS Championship Monday Night?

NDSU92
04-13-2024, 08:53 PM
https://twitter.com/NCAA_FCS/status/1779238163216556327

Laugh, cry, discuss…

ndsubison1
04-13-2024, 09:02 PM
This is awesome. Hopefully in true prime time. Didnt see any CFP games on that date.

Hammerhead
04-13-2024, 09:37 PM
It’s butter than competing with the final day of the NFL regular season the day before.

NI4NI
04-13-2024, 09:40 PM
Likes this!

blackdiamond2
04-13-2024, 10:28 PM
A night game could be interesting and tailgating leading up to it will be insane. Most of the time our group stay out way too late the night before and it is rough start the next morning.

td577
04-13-2024, 10:42 PM
A night game could be interesting and tailgating leading up to it will be insane. Most of the time our group stay out way too late the night before and it is rough start the next morning.There are a couple of times I didn't even go to bed

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

56BISON73
04-13-2024, 10:51 PM
Just booked my room.

Professor Chaos
04-13-2024, 11:06 PM
Seems like a cool idea. That's the Monday after week 18 of the NFL season next year. CFP semis aren't until later in the week (Thursday and Friday) so should be a nice spot. Was nice to have it on ABC but at least it's going back to ESPN and not the deuce.

ndsubison1
04-13-2024, 11:33 PM
A night game could be interesting and tailgating leading up to it will be insane. Most of the time our group stay out way too late the night before and it is rough start the next morning.

If we make it I may be more enticed to go again by this

CaBisonFan
04-16-2024, 11:31 AM
Better than playing around noon or 1:00 on a Saturday. It's a step up.

southcliffbison
04-16-2024, 01:51 PM
Monday night game without other football competition should increase the TV eyeballs significantly.

IndyBison
04-16-2024, 01:53 PM
Monday night game without other football competition should increase the TV eyeballs significantly.I don't think it will change it that much. They are only so many who will watch it. It could see a slight bump, but being on ESPN, I don't see it getting to 3 or 4 million. Still like the move though.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

southcliffbison
04-16-2024, 02:00 PM
I don't think it will change it that much. They are only so many who will watch it. It could see a slight bump, but being on ESPN, I don't see it getting to 3 or 4 million. Still like the move though.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Even 2 to 3 million viewers would double the viewership of past years. Last year's game drew 1.04 million viewers which was down 3% from the previous year when NDSU played the bunnies.

WestDak
04-17-2024, 08:40 PM
Even 2 to 3 million viewers would double the viewership of past years. Last year's game drew 1.04 million viewers which was down 3% from the previous year when NDSU played the bunnies.

The last two years were played on Sunday against the NFL. That took away a lot of viewers that might have watched more of the FCS game, but your NFL team is a higher priority for many people. Monday by itself will be better than Sunday.

CalBison97
04-18-2024, 04:15 AM
Don’t care. South Dakota St vs Mt/Mt St anyways.

ndsubison1
04-18-2024, 05:05 PM
Don’t care. South Dakota St vs Mt/Mt St anyways.

Give me NDSU vs SDSU

bruinbison
04-23-2024, 11:25 AM
Increase In Playoff Seeds Gets Key Approval
The push to seed more teams within the 24-team FCS playoff bracket got a key approval this week.

The NCAA Board of Directors Finance Committee gave its support to seed 16 teams in the bracket, which would remain at 24 total teams. (In my reporting of this long process, some folks online have read this push as increasing the number of teams in the bracket. That’s not happening. The push is to increase the number of seeds from eight to 16.)

The Board of Governors is the next and final approval needed to push this across the finish line. They meet this Thursday.

https://herosports.com/fcs-more-playoff-seeds-key-approval-colorado-bzbz/

NDSU92
04-23-2024, 01:52 PM
https://herosports.com/fcs-more-playoff-seeds-key-approval-colorado-bzbz/

Probably better than before in some ways. Although the pessimistic side of me thinks they’ll just fix the seeds to be regional like they already do for 1-8 lol. Especially since things will start getting real muddy for them at 9-16.

Just have the computers do it, it’ll be close enough and much better than it is currently

KSBisonFan
04-23-2024, 03:26 PM
And at the end of the day, there's still only 3 or 4 programs with a realistic shot at winning the title.

Can't wait for schools like West Georgia, Mercyhurst, and Texas Rio Grande Valley to join the FCS playoff field starting in 2028.

bruinbison
04-27-2024, 11:27 AM
Sam Herder
@SamHerderFCS
·22h

ICYMI -- Yesterday the NCAA Board of Governors gave the final stamp of approval to increase seeded teams in the 24-team FCS playoff bracket from 8 to 16

TAILG8R
04-27-2024, 02:12 PM
Sam Herder
@SamHerderFCS
·22h

ICYMI -- Yesterday the NCAA Board of Governors gave the final stamp of approval to increase seeded teams in the 24-team FCS playoff bracket from 8 to 16

This is good by watch them regionalize the seeds because really after 1-4 you can sort of make up any order you want anyway.

Hopefully that doesn’t happen and this means a more balanced bracket in terms of regionalization. Balance in terms of quality of teams will never happen because everyone is so terrible at knowing the actually deserved ranking of teams across the FCS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bisonaudit
04-27-2024, 02:33 PM
This is good by watch them regionalize the seeds because really after 1-4 you can sort of make up any order you want anyway.

Hopefully that doesn’t happen and this means a more balanced bracket in terms of regionalization. Balance in terms of quality of teams will never happen because everyone is so terrible at knowing the actually deserved ranking of teams across the FCS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. It will be very DII. Getting the seeds wrong already distorted the bracket a ton, now their incompetence will be under even more focus with out the skirt of the travel rules to hide behind.

NI4NI
04-27-2024, 03:11 PM
All I am concerned about is having Bison & rabbits on opposite side of bracket. I want to see Bison beat them in Frisco SOOOOO BAD!

SDbison
04-27-2024, 03:50 PM
All I am concerned about is having Bison & rabbits on opposite side of bracket. I want to see Bison beat them in Frisco SOOOOO BAD!. Let's first beat the bunnyturds in a conference game. Kind of a drought there during the Entz years.