PDA

View Full Version : 2024 Offseason

Big Bird
03-29-2024, 01:28 AM
Coming off a season in which the team finished 11th at B12s, only had two guys place at the conference tournament, and had only one NCAA qualifier, things are about as low as possible.

They badly need to get some depth and bring in some guys who can compete for NCAA bids.

Unfortunately, they've seen a bunch of guys enter the portal early on this offseason. Mooberry, Duda, Rivera-Cain, Licht, Klohs, and Mills are all gone, and that likely won't be all.

Losing Licht, Mills, and Rivera-Cain from the 2023 class makes that class a lot thinner and they badly needed to hit on that class.

Losing Mooberry is really rough, as he was one of their leaders and a starter with two years of eligibility left. They don't have a single 197 on the roster now too which will very likely create a very large hole in the lineup barring a portal addition.

As bad as last year was, the staff needs to find some fixes this offseason, and it's not off to a great start.

Here's to hoping they have a good plan and execute it well.

NDSU_grad
03-29-2024, 03:17 AM
I’m trying to look at the bright side. I don’t feel any of the guys who have left are really high level guys. We badly need need bodies at 125 and 197 just to fill out the roster. Hopefully all the incoming freshmen can redshirt. Perfect world Brenot wrestles 184 so Cherne can take a redshirt, as I think that could really benefit him.

PaBizon
04-03-2024, 12:56 PM
Not a NQ IMO that’s leaving to this point. With the portal and NIL changing the game significantly redshirting isn’t going to happen as much. These kids are probably going to get every chance as TF to start as you don’t know if you’re going to have them for four years anymore. They have to start hitting on some of these kids and then sprinkle in some transfers like they’re doing at HWT. The portal is filling up fast with back ups from places like Iowa, Iowa St and Minnesota with kids that haven’t gotten opportunities for whatever reason. Those, IMO are the ones that they need to go after. The ranked starters aren’t coming here. Get a non starter from Iowa that makes the starting lineup here and open up an “opportunity” pipeline for others to do the same. I would love to see a kid like Jason Krassier of Iowa St come here. 2023 NQ and Round of 16 performer that lost his spot to a TF would be a great get. Unfortunately I think he could get more money to go to an Indiana, Wisconsin or a Purdue. The Shepard kid from MiZzou is a kid that NDSU recruited but lost out on. Maybe someone like him that given an opportunity develops into what they originally thought he would be.

Big Bird
04-03-2024, 01:38 PM
Not a NQ IMO that’s leaving to this point. With the portal and NIL changing the game significantly redshirting isn’t going to happen as much. These kids are probably going to get every chance as TF to start as you don’t know if you’re going to have them for four years anymore. They have to start hitting on some of these kids and then sprinkle in some transfers like they’re doing at HWT. The portal is filling up fast with back ups from places like Iowa, Iowa St and Minnesota with kids that haven’t gotten opportunities for whatever reason. Those, IMO are the ones that they need to go after. The ranked starters aren’t coming here. Get a non starter from Iowa that makes the starting lineup here and open up an “opportunity” pipeline for others to do the same. I would love to see a kid like Jason Krassier of Iowa St come here. 2023 NQ and Round of 16 performer that lost his spot to a TF would be a great get. Unfortunately I think he could get more money to go to an Indiana, Wisconsin or a Purdue. The Shepard kid from MiZzou is a kid that NDSU recruited but lost out on. Maybe someone like him that given an opportunity develops into what they originally thought he would be.

Completely agree. Target the backups and young guys looking for opportunities. I'd love to see them take a shot on the 197 lb D3 national champ from Wartburg and Jacob Joyce from Stanford at 125. They badly need help and bodies at the top and bottom of the lineup. We're not in bad shape in the middle with Drexler, Peterson, March, Greenley, Howes, Sax, and Magayna all between 141 and 174.

Sounds like Oklahoma might get Appalachian State's two best guys.

Walker Bents is in the portal too. Another depth guy, but again, this team has no depth to begin with, so they need to continue to add.

PaBizon
04-03-2024, 06:31 PM
Maybe this has been covered and I missed it but is March officially done or coming back next year? I believe he has a RS year and probably a medical too. Would be big if he’s healthy and in the lineup. Would allow some lineup depth and/or flexibility of kids maybe moving up weights.

Big Bird
04-04-2024, 07:36 PM
Maybe this has been covered and I missed it but is March officially done or coming back next year? I believe he has a RS year and probably a medical too. Would be big if he’s healthy and in the lineup. Would allow some lineup depth and/or flexibility of kids maybe moving up weights.

I haven't see it anywhere as being official, but I've heard he'll be back.

Mason Gode has entered the portal too. Makes at least 8 that are moving on.

No longer see Zach Silvis on the roster either, and the 2024-2025 roster has already removed all of the other guys noted as leaving. So he would make 9 departures

Big Bird
04-17-2024, 01:25 AM
Spencer Mooberry to Northern Illinois. Ouch

NDSU_grad
04-17-2024, 02:17 AM
Spencer Mooberry to Northern Illinois. Ouch
That’s a surprise. I figured he’d go the d2 route and find someplace closer to home.

Big Bird
04-17-2024, 09:49 PM
Fernando Baretto is in the portal. This program is in trouble

Big Bird
04-17-2024, 10:01 PM
It's not like he was good, but he was very talented and just didn't develop. They already had no depth at the light weights and now their starter at 133 is gone.

That's two starters who have shown promise that have left and brings us to what, 9 or 10 guys departing this year? And that's after the exodus last year with only one JUCO transfer brought in.

I'm not a fan of the recruiting class they're bringing in either, and most of the good 2025 recruits are spoken for.

Obe needs to add guys via the portal. Absolutely has to if they want to improve over last year, which may have been their worst of the D1 era and definitely the worst of their B12 era.

WrestlingMom
04-18-2024, 12:39 AM
Dawson in portal now too

Big Bird
04-18-2024, 12:56 AM
Dawson in portal now too

Wow, that is a terrible, terrible look for the staff. Dawson was brought in by Obe after the exodus and was one of the few guys that showed genuine progress throughout the year.

The freshmen they have coming in won't be the answer any time soon IMO. Huff is raw and just went 0-2 at folkstyle nationals and Jones isn't athletic enough.

The administration needs to be taking corrective action if we're losing this many guys. I'm not saying firing Obe is called for, but this level of turnover, and the level of turnover of guys who were here just Obe's lone year as HC is a huge warning sign.

Big Bird
04-18-2024, 03:18 PM
NDSU picked up Bradley Whitwright from North Idaho CC. Took 4th last year and the limited videos I watched, he doesn't look close to a capable D1 starter.

Big Bird
04-18-2024, 11:14 PM
NDSU also picked up a commitment from Andrew Blackburn-Forst today, a HWT from Northern Colorado with 4 years of eligibility.

Had a rough freshmen year with a couple big losses to D2 HWTs who didn't qualify for the D2 national tourney, but is a former 16U greco runner up. He also led Wyatt Hendrickson 7-2 in a match last year, before ultimately trailing and getting pinned.

He's likely going to put up worse results than Dawson, but he does have a lot more eligibility. I'm just glad they brought somebody in from the portal.

NDSU_grad
04-19-2024, 12:51 AM
I’m wondering if Brenot or Cherne plan to bump up to 197. It would be nice if Cherne could eventually use his redshirt year.

PaBizon
04-21-2024, 05:33 PM
The focus has obviously turned to kids with Greco backgrounds. Bold move? Probably, but I’m willing to be patient and see where it goes. Basketball and football are going thru the same thing as this is the new world of college sports for mid Major programs. This isn’t the only place this stuff is happening and the ones that it hasn’t hit will get it sooner or later.

Big Bird
04-23-2024, 11:12 PM
The focus has obviously turned to kids with Greco backgrounds. Bold move? Probably, but I’m willing to be patient and see where it goes. Basketball and football are going thru the same thing as this is the new world of college sports for mid Major programs. This isn’t the only place this stuff is happening and the ones that it hasn’t hit will get it sooner or later.

My concern is with Pedro Velazquez entering, that's now 12 since the regular season ended. No other program in the country, other than Buffalo, had seen anything close to that number. Buffalo went through a coaching change this offseason, so they have a pretty easy reason.

Looking at the portal, some guys with multiple years of eligibility and probably won't be sought after by the big dogs:

Ethan Stiles would be a home run but I imagine he's out of our range and 157 is likely an area they feel ok about.

Jacob Joyce at 125 would bring 4 years of eligibility and a decent pedigree.

Logan Frazier or Shepherd at 133 would be nice.

Rylan Rogers at 184 is a former big time prospect and has 3 years of eligibility. A guy like Max Hale for a year to allow Cherne and Brenot to redshirt would be fine.

Big Bird
04-24-2024, 10:38 PM
NDSUs best wrestler, Gaven Sax is now in the portal.

This program is in shambles

NDSU_grad
04-24-2024, 11:11 PM
NDSUs best wrestler, Gaven Sax is now in the portal.

This program is in shambles
That one stings. If I were a betting man I’m thinking Obe and Hidlay jump ship. I don’t know what the next step would be at that point. They’re going to have a difficult time putting together any semblance of a lineup.

Big Bird
04-25-2024, 01:05 AM
That one stings. If I were a betting man I’m thinking Obe and Hidlay jump ship. I don’t know what the next step would be at that point. They’re going to have a difficult time putting together any semblance of a lineup.

The portal hasn't been nearly as active this offseason with starter caliber guys, and the weights with the most impact guys are probably the middle weights, and that's where are whole team already is.

Big Bird
04-25-2024, 11:38 AM
At the U20 US Open, incoming freshmen Kody Tanimoto and Shilo Jones took 4th and 5th in Greco at 55 and 130kg.

Big Bird
04-26-2024, 07:59 PM
At the U20 US Open, incoming freshmen Kody Tanimoto and Shilo Jones took 4th and 5th in Greco at 55 and 130kg.

Ezekiel Witt took 3rd at 55kg and beat Tanimoto twice. Former Bison Zach Silvis took 8th in the same bracket.

In freestyle, Greenley one his first match and lost early to Drayden Morton and didn't look good. He's very slow in transitioning to finishes and his attack rate is too low.

Brenot won his first and then got teched very quickly.

Former West Fargo and Bison wrestling club wrestler Waylon Cressell (and brother of former Bison Noah Cressell) is still on the championship side after a pair of wins.

Big Bird
05-01-2024, 04:17 PM
Sax to Oklahoma

RadioBison
05-02-2024, 01:15 AM
Sax to Oklahoma

This is so disappointing. If this is what college athletics is going to be, I think I'm going to find some better ways to spend my time. I know it's just a token gesture, but I cancelled my ESPN+ and Flo subscriptions tonight.

PaBizon
05-03-2024, 01:49 AM
Sax to Oklahoma

Not surprising at all. He’s the only one that shook kish’s hand after the match last year. I will make a prediction now that he doesn’t finish as high next year as he did this year.

PaBizon
05-03-2024, 01:50 AM
This is so disappointing. If this is what college athletics is going to be, I think I'm going to find some better ways to spend my time. I know it's just a token gesture, but I cancelled my ESPN+ and Flo subscriptions tonight.

Yes, This is what college athletics is going to be.

PaBizon
05-03-2024, 01:55 AM
Kyle Burwick is in the portal. This has to be one they get.

Alpine4d
05-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Not surprising at all. He’s the only one that shook kish’s hand after the match last year. I will make a prediction now that he doesn’t finish as high next year as he did this year.

I tend to agree with this. I have not seen many of the kids that have transferred do better than previous year with exception of Caliendo. However I’m not sure these kids even care anymore. It’s all about the money for them. NIL has killed any competitive smaller schools. It isn’t just wrestling. It’s football as well.

Big Bird
05-04-2024, 09:47 PM
Tanner Gerber, Trae Thilmony, and starter Landon Johnson all entered the portal before it closed. If you count Negrete, that is 6 starters....

17 guys are gone (could be more, but I've lost count) since the regular season ended...

That. is. not. normal. Even in this portal age, that many guys leaving is not remotely normal.

Thank god coach Blanc has been been proactive in the portal and added....a backup Hwt from Northern Colorado and a junior college 197.

Their 2025 class is non-existent too.

Big Bird
05-05-2024, 01:18 AM
NDSU added Devin Wasley a 174 from Minnesota. Has gone 10-13 against D1 competition through his first two years.

He beat both Adam Cherne and Mason Gode last year, while beating Brendan Howes and Mannix Morgan the year before. Lost to Sax and Habisch in the 2023 season.

Unlikely to be an NCAA qualifier, but he's serviceable and this team needs to take anything they can get.

PaBizon
05-05-2024, 11:49 PM
Tanner Gerber, Trae Thilmony, and starter Landon Johnson all entered the portal before it closed. If you count Negrete, that is 6 starters....

17 guys are gone (could be more, but I've lost count) since the regular season ended...

That. is. not. normal. Even in this portal age, that many guys leaving is not remotely normal.

Thank god coach Blanc has been been proactive in the portal and added....a backup Hwt from Northern Colorado and a junior college 197.

Their 2025 class is non-existent too.

Other than Sax who cares.

PaBizon
05-05-2024, 11:50 PM
Nothing is normal anymore. Good grief. It’s changed. Grow up and deal with it. If you want Obe fired just say it.

PaBizon
05-06-2024, 12:20 AM
Wrestle stat rankings for those that went the portal route. Ranking is for their individual weight class.

Valeazquez #351
Licht #267
Gerber #243
Klohs #214
Thilmony #197
Mills #186
Gode #162
Bentz #139
Duda #92
Johnson #96 (if he’s in as he doesn’t show up there on Wrestlestat)
Barretto #62
Negrete #61
Mooberry #38
Dawson #33
Sax #13

Most were (all but Dawson I believe) recruits that Kish signed off on. They didn’t lose anything but practice bodies other than Sax and Sax isn’t a shoo in starter at Oklahoma having lost to Pickilo more than he’s beat him. I’m glad he opened up a connection with a Minnesota transfer and hopefully there will be more. I still think getting Burwick to come home would be big. This IS the new norm in college sports for mid major programs. It wouldn’t surprise me if many of these kids were asked to leave.

PaBizon
05-06-2024, 12:41 AM
My concern is with Pedro Velazquez entering, that's now 12 since the regular season ended. No other program in the country, other than Buffalo, had seen anything close to that number. Buffalo went through a coaching change this offseason, so they have a pretty easy reason.

Looking at the portal, some guys with multiple years of eligibility and probably won't be sought after by the big dogs:

Ethan Stiles would be a home run but I imagine he's out of our range and 157 is likely an area they feel ok about.

Jacob Joyce at 125 would bring 4 years of eligibility and a decent pedigree.

Logan Frazier or Shepherd at 133 would be nice.

Rylan Rogers at 184 is a former big time prospect and has 3 years of eligibility. A guy like Max Hale for a year to allow Cherne and Brenot to redshirt would be fine.

Buffalo coach left in April of this year. Kish didn’t leave until right before the portal closed last year. Much of what’s happening this year probably happens last year (just like what’s happening at Buffalo) if the timing was the same.

scottietohottie
05-06-2024, 01:19 AM
Are you saying buffalo and Bison are similar eh?

Sorry eh!

BabyBison4U
05-06-2024, 02:54 AM
I haven't see it anywhere as being official, but I've heard he'll be back.

Mason Gode has entered the portal too. Makes at least 8 that are moving on.

No longer see Zach Silvis on the roster either, and the 2024-2025 roster has already removed all of the other guys noted as leaving. So he would make 9 departures

coming
Ezekiel Witt #113 KS 125 Junction City
Michael Olson • MN 125 Albert Lea
Kody Tanimoto • TX 125 All Saints
Tyler Secoy #175 GA 174 Columbus
Max Magayna #38 IA 174 Columbus Cath.
Andy McMonangle• PA 184 Huntington
Tayshaun Glover• NC 84/97Dudley
Aiden Hight • PA 197 Chambersburg
Shilo Jones #139 ID HWT Mt. View
portal
Tanner Gerber Sophomore 149 NDSU
Trae Thilmony Sophomore 149 NDSU
Gaven Sax Senior 174 NDSU
Landon Johnson Sophomore 157 NDSU
Carlos Negrete Jr Junior 125 NDSU
Sean Solis Sophomore 141 NDSU
Pedro Velazquez Junior 149 NDSU
Devon Dawson Senior 285 NDSU
Spencer Mooberry Junior 285 NDSU
Fernando Barreto Sophomore 133 NDSU
Mason Gode Junior 174 NDSU
Walker Bents Sophomore 141 NDSU
Amantee Mills Freshman 133 NDSU
Lathan Duda Junior 197 NDSU
Zane Licht Freshman 165 NDSU
Macray Klohs Freshman 197 NDSU

Surely missed some. This was just from Matscouts (coming), Flowrestling (portal)

NDSU_grad
05-06-2024, 12:52 PM
Wrestle stat rankings for those that went the portal route. Ranking is for their individual weight class.

Valeazquez #351
Licht #267
Gerber #243
Klohs #214
Thilmony #197
Mills #186
Gode #162
Bentz #139
Duda #92
Johnson #96 (if he’s in as he doesn’t show up there on Wrestlestat)
Barretto #62
Negrete #61
Mooberry #38
Dawson #33
Sax #13

Most were (all but Dawson I believe) recruits that Kish signed off on. They didn’t lose anything but practice bodies other than Sax and Sax isn’t a shoo in starter at Oklahoma having lost to Pickilo more than he’s beat him. I’m glad he opened up a connection with a Minnesota transfer and hopefully there will be more. I still think getting Burwick to come home would be big. This IS the new norm in college sports for mid major programs. It wouldn’t surprise me if many of these kids were asked to leave.
If we get Burwick we’ll be better at 8 weights compared to last year, even with all these defections. I’m with you; we need a total rebuild after what Kish did and if Obe wants to do it through high school recruits and not the portal, then I’m going to give him time before I want him run out of town.
The wrestling community’s small; literally everybody I talked to said we upgraded when Obe replaced Kish. And the Hidlay’s are some of the most respected young names in the sport.

AKBison
05-07-2024, 12:54 AM
Getting Kyle would be huge! It gives us casual fans another reason to keep tabs on the program. I follow along by checking Bisonville, watch maybe one dual year, watch a good chunk of the Big XII's, and then NCAA's. After the team was gutted in 23, it definitely made it tough to follow along. I bet I knew more about Oklahoma State's and Iowa State's roster last year then NDSU's.

PaBizon
05-07-2024, 01:18 AM
Having ND kids on the roster is always a win. IMO I think it would be good for Kyle too. Get out of the BigTen quagmire and make some noise in the Big 12.

NDSU_grad
05-07-2024, 02:41 AM
Having ND kids on the roster is always a win. IMO I think it would be good for Kyle too. Get out of the BigTen quagmire and make some noise in the Big 12.
100%. I know SDSU was in on him hard but Cardinal has 133 locked down there. For the first time in Kyle’s career he’d be guaranteed a starting spot, and as you said getting out of the Big 10 meatgrinder might give him a confidence boost.

PaBizon
05-07-2024, 01:34 PM
Sadly Oklahoma can probably use him. Not sure what his relationship with Kish is. I hope he comes home.

Big Bird
05-08-2024, 11:31 PM
If we get Burwick we’ll be better at 8 weights compared to last year, even with all these defections. I’m with you; we need a total rebuild after what Kish did and if Obe wants to do it through high school recruits and not the portal, then I’m going to give him time before I want him run out of town.
The wrestling community’s small; literally everybody I talked to said we upgraded when Obe replaced Kish. And the Hidlay’s are some of the most respected young names in the sport.

I would hate to lose Hidlay:

https://twitter.com/MatScouts1/status/1788337481882247328

PaBizon
05-09-2024, 12:36 AM
Hidlay was never going to be here long term. Similar to Derek St John who was here for a cup of coffee before moving on to bigger things.

PaBizon
05-09-2024, 12:02 PM
Walker Bentz to MSU-Mankato

PaBizon
05-09-2024, 12:58 PM
If/when Hidlay does leave IMO it would be nice to find someone with local/area ties and maybe even someone that has ties to the program. I have no idea what Jared Franeks future plans are now that his college wrestling eligibility is complete but he might be someone that would fit the bill the way Cam Sykora did. Anyone know what he’s planning on doing with his future?? IMO our ability to get quality kids from ND, MN, Iowa and WI has been declining for years now and the California experiment was a huge disappointment. It seems we’ve switched our focus from the west to the east based on the backgrounds of the coaching staff which is the right thing to do but I believe the foundation has to be the Midwest.

bruinbison
05-10-2024, 11:27 AM
Coach O!
@ObeBlanc
·15h

Let’s go!!! Big pickup for
@NDSUwrestling
& our Bison fans today!

NDSU_grad
05-10-2024, 11:53 AM
Coach O!
@ObeBlanc
·15h

Let’s go!!! Big pickup for
@NDSUwrestling
& our Bison fans today!
Maybe it’s Gable? Ha ha.

PaBizon
05-10-2024, 01:26 PM
Maybe it’s Gable? Ha ha.

Probably just settling for Wyatt Hendrickson instead ��

Big Bird
05-11-2024, 10:54 PM
Getting Kyle would be huge! It gives us casual fans another reason to keep tabs on the program. I follow along by checking Bisonville, watch maybe one dual year, watch a good chunk of the Big XII's, and then NCAA's. After the team was gutted in 23, it definitely made it tough to follow along. I bet I knew more about Oklahoma State's and Iowa State's roster last year then NDSU's.

Burwick is coming home.

https://twitter.com/NDSUwrestling/status/1789426555535392828

NDSU_grad
05-11-2024, 11:46 PM
Burwick is coming home.

https://twitter.com/NDSUwrestling/status/1789426555535392828
Maybe not a huge splash signing in the world of college wrestling but it’s exactly what this program needs right now. Great human being and I really think he’s got a chance to maybe win a couple matches at NCAA’s. If nothing else it will help Obe with local high school coaches.

PaBizon
05-12-2024, 01:16 PM
Maybe not a huge splash signing in the world of college wrestling but it’s exactly what this program needs right now. Great human being and I really think he’s got a chance to maybe win a couple matches at NCAA’s. If nothing else it will help Obe with local high school coaches.

100% agree. Nice job Obe!

Big Bird
05-14-2024, 01:08 AM
NDSU added another option for 197 with Columbia grad transfer Michael Baker.

Never started for Columbia and 12-21 against D1 competition, primarily backups.

Also, Fernando Barreto signed with Oklahoma less than 24 hours after Burwick signed here. Talented kid, but didn't take a step forward here. It'll be interesting to see if he can develop in the next 3 years.

NDSU_grad
05-14-2024, 01:31 AM
NDSU added another option for 197 with Columbia grad transfer Michael Baker.

Never started for Columbia and 12-21 against D1 competition, primarily backups.

Also, Fernando Barreto signed with Oklahoma less than 24 hours after Burwick signed here. Talented kid, but didn't take a step forward here. It'll be interesting to see if he can develop in the next 3 years.
In a perfect world Cherne would redshirt this year and then bump to 197 while Brenot stays at 184. This is pure speculation on my part and don’t know if this is the plan.

PaBizon
05-14-2024, 11:57 AM
Zane Licht to Wartburg

NDSU_grad
05-17-2024, 05:58 PM
Willie’s reporting Hidlay accepted a position elsewhere. Not surprised but was hoping he’d stick around for another year or two.

PaBizon
05-17-2024, 09:36 PM
Wrestle stat has Payton Moore from Missouri listed on the BiZon roster at 141 pounds.

Big Bird
05-18-2024, 12:33 AM
Wrestle stat has Payton Moore from Missouri listed on the BiZon roster at 141 pounds.

That'd be a good, but curious addition, as he's likely a career backup for NDSU. NDSU is pretty set 141-165 with Drexler, Peterson, March, Greenley, and Howes all starting options.

Couple more former backups found their home with Sean Solis and Trae Thilmony choosing U Mary. I try to watch all of the U Mary matches I can (love Adam Aho's coaching) and think they'll be good fits at U Mary's 2 weakest weights last year.

PaBizon
05-18-2024, 02:21 PM
That'd be a good, but curious addition, as he's likely a career backup for NDSU. NDSU is pretty set 141-165 with Drexler, Peterson, March, Greenley, and Howes all starting options.

Couple more former backups found their home with Sean Solis and Trae Thilmony choosing U Mary. I try to watch all of the U Mary matches I can (love Adam Aho's coaching) and think they'll be good fits at U Mary's 2 weakest weights last year.

It is kinda surprising that Moore picked the BiZon. That being said they now have a transfer from Minnesota, Nebraska and Missouri. Hopefully the experiences these kids have here are good enough to influence others that may enter in the future. Moore has a brother who’s a top 20 wrestler that was hurt pretty badly in a campus fight during this past season. If he decides he wants something new or different maybe he follows his brother. There are a number of kids on Minnesotas roster that haven’t and may not get a chance to be a starter there but might here. Guys like Nagel, Skillings or Eisch might decide to take a chance on NDSU if Wasley likes it here.