PDA

View Full Version : Wnit

NDSUstudent
03-18-2024, 09:50 PM
#NDSU receives a first round WNIT bye.

Will host the winner of Boise State and Montana.

Game will be at the SHAC, likely on Saturday.

https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/1769842628936266196

NDSUstudent
03-18-2024, 09:51 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GI-9tyGWEAAvAHX?format=jpg&name=medium

SomeBeach
03-18-2024, 10:20 PM
Let's get our collective fat asses out there and support these ladies! Say a loud THANK YOU to Jory, Heaven and 9 other athletes who gutted out a season with 10 players, who meshed as a team, and who established hope for the immediate future! They deserve extensive and loud cheers and a packed house.

Gopher24
03-19-2024, 12:41 AM
https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/1769846949308457307?s=19

SomeBeach
03-19-2024, 08:05 AM
https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/1769846949308457307?s=19

Ooops.

Looks like Dom has a problem with Premature Prognostication.

Don't worry. It happens.

Bison Fan Forever
03-19-2024, 03:51 PM
Totally agree! These girls deserve all our support and I hope Fargo can get out there to support this team! Will Midco Sports Plus subscription get the game if its in Fargo ?

bisonfan08
03-19-2024, 04:32 PM
Totally agree! These girls deserve all our support and I hope Fargo can get out there to support this team! Will Midco Sports Plus subscription get the game if its in Fargo ?

Typically all the WNIT games are on ESPN+ so guessing that'd be where you can find it but also likely depends who actually broadcasts it. If it's WDAY or Midco it could end up on both.

Elephants Dream?
03-19-2024, 05:30 PM
The Boise St. vs. Montana game is listed on ESPN+ tomorrow night (20th) at 6 pm.

scottietohottie
03-19-2024, 05:56 PM
Totally agree! These girls deserve all our I hope Fargo can get out there to support this team! Will Midco Sports Plus subscription get the game if its in Fargo ?

I didn't notice one when I was in Fargo but maybe I just didn't notice. Do they have billboards up for ndsu athletics? Why not put up a couple billboards with the women's bball team during the season and try to draw some fans? Why does the ndsu athletics page not have any videos of highlights? We used to do this. Now high school state tournaments in Fargo are hosted by Jamestown College.

southcliffbison
03-19-2024, 06:28 PM
I didn't notice one when I was in Fargo but maybe I just didn't notice. Do they have billboards up for ndsu athletics? Why not put up a couple billboards with the women's bball team during the season and try to draw some fans? Why does the ndsu athletics page not have any videos of highlights? We used to do this. Now high school state tournaments in Fargo are hosted by Jamestown College.

Perhaps the reason is that it was never done at Stony Brook.......I'm just spitballing here......

scottietohottie
03-19-2024, 07:32 PM
Perhaps the reason is that it was never done at Stony Brook.......I'm just spitballing here......

He can't be responsible for that. Surly has to be something else. Maybe he don't think north dakota kids are worth recruiting for the big time likes of ndsu. Wise for a state funded school eh.

bisonfan08
03-19-2024, 08:42 PM

They used to but it seems like all they use these days is social media, huge credit to the social media team as they are fantastic but the problem is you're only targeting one generation of fans through that and honestly the generation who seems to care less given how the student section looked all season. They need a bigger local media and local marketing push but as has been stated on here in multiple threads across men's and women's basketball, the athletic department just doesn't really seem to care.

scottietohottie
03-19-2024, 09:37 PM
I'm sorry but the boys A from the Fargodome brought to you by Jamestown college really rubbed me the wrong way eh.

Gopher24
03-19-2024, 11:24 PM
Ooops.

Looks like Dom has a problem with Premature Prognostication.

Don't worry. It happens.

Gopher women will not have a home game for sure. Williams Arena is booked all weekend.

Edit: We did get a home game. Tuesday the 26th. Hopefully works out for NDSU as well

bisonfan08
03-20-2024, 07:15 PM
Gopher women will not have a home game for sure. Williams Arena is booked all weekend.

Edit: We did get a home game. Tuesday the 26th. Hopefully works out for NDSU as well

Where did you get the Tuesday the 26th news? I've seen nothing about 2nd round games yet.

Elephants Dream?
03-20-2024, 11:58 PM
No feed from ESPN+ on the Boise St.-Griz game. It says the "event about to start". It would be halftime now.
The former IPFW (PFW) is playing at home and leads Eastern Kentucky at half.

imabison
03-21-2024, 12:39 AM
No feed from ESPN+ on the Boise St.-Griz game. It says the "event about to start". It would be halftime now.

I see on the Boise State website game time is 8 pm CDT.

KSBisonFan
03-21-2024, 01:14 AM

It's on ESPN+ for me.

Elephants Dream?
03-21-2024, 04:27 AM
Montana beat Boise St. 92-66 in Missoula.

Bisonator98
03-21-2024, 11:48 AM
So when and where is our game?

BisonVifte
03-21-2024, 01:19 PM
Announcing this afternoon I heard.

KSBisonFan
03-21-2024, 04:46 PM
Do the 2 schools submit bids to host? I don't see seeds on the bracket.

bisonfan08
03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Yes, there is a bidding process and also a logistics consideration. I'm not sure how the bidding works, I know we bid what we could last year but didn't get to host because we played Oregon and well, they just have significantly deeper pockets than we do but against Montana I'd like to think we could get it done, especially since their crowd for last nights game was nothing special.

bisoneer
03-22-2024, 01:58 AM
This announcement delay is bullshit. Are the weather drama queens ruining our chances to host a game our players deserve to have on their home court? Tell the weather people to cork it or whatever! If you
live here and can’t be safe in bad weather no tv weather dork can save you so they can go choke on a stone grilled
Pizza. What happened to the free ticket deep pockets big mouth? Was that bs too? Come out and speak the truth, stop the bs and drama.

imabison
03-22-2024, 02:33 AM
If you look at this current bracket, all the other teams that have the 2nd round have dates and times.

NDSU vs Montana does not.
https://womensnit.com/documents/2024/3/20//WNIT_2024_Bracket.pdf?path=post_wnit

Some without teams have dates and times.

bisoneer
03-22-2024, 02:53 AM
If you look at this current bracket, all the other teams that have the 2nd round have dates and times.

NDSU vs Montana does not.
https://womensnit.com/documents/2024/3/20//WNIT_2024_Bracket.pdf?path=post_wnit

Some without teams have dates and times.

We are getting hosed.

KC_Hats
03-22-2024, 03:02 AM
It is a complete joke that the Bison don't know what date and time they are playing. How do you prepare for a game that you have no idea when it will happen? If you give a school a bye they should automatically host.

Southern Indiana is hosting Wisconsin....

We are getting hosed.

bisoneer
03-22-2024, 03:58 AM
I think the local weather bitches are scaring off the wnit people and ruining our economy on top of it by delaying and manipulating this decision.

bruinbison
03-22-2024, 10:42 AM
Dom Izzo
@DomIzzoWDAY
·11h

This is the sign of the times.
Macey Huard scored 16 points in last night’s win for Montana over Boise State. Today in the portal; and likely not play in the next game vs #NDSU.

Skyline Sports
@SkylineSportsMT
Macey Huard, a standout 6-foot-2 freshman guard for the Lady Griz who scored a career-high 16 points, is into NCAA Transfer Portal.

The former No. 1 ranked recruit from the state of Colorado averaged 7.4 ppg in 16.5 minutes per contest. Montana still alive in WNIT #BigSkyWBB

Hammerhead
03-22-2024, 02:09 PM
It is a complete joke that the Bison don't know what date and time they are playing. How do you prepare for a game that you have no idea when it will happen? If you give a school a bye they should automatically host.

Southern Indiana is hosting Wisconsin....

It's crazy. Not only does the team need to prepare, the host school also needs to schedule workers for gameday operations.

IndyBison
03-22-2024, 02:56 PM
It's crazy. Not only does the team need to prepare, the host school also needs to schedule workers for gameday operations.I would guess both teams are preparing, and a flight is chartered to go either direction. Or everyone knows a decision has been made but not announced yet for some reason.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

imabison
03-22-2024, 03:10 PM
Unreal senario based on no fact only the weather.

They are waiting for the USD game to finalize and then have selected a neutral site to play both the Bison/Grizzlies and NAU/USD or UC Riverside.

Hosing both the Summit League and Big Sky schools.

bisonfan08
03-22-2024, 03:12 PM
Skyline Sports
@SkylineSportsMT
Macey Huard, a standout 6-foot-2 freshman guard for the Lady Griz who scored a career-high 16 points, is into NCAA Transfer Portal.

The former No. 1 ranked recruit from the state of Colorado averaged 7.4 ppg in 16.5 minutes per contest. Montana still alive in WNIT #BigSkyWBB

Saw this and was suprised, as her older sister plays for the Grizz as well. Then I looked her up...her dad is Brock Huard, former Washington Husky and NFL QB. Wouldn't be surprised if some back channels came through that she could get a nice NIL payday somewhere.

bisonfan08
03-22-2024, 03:14 PM
Unreal senario based on no fact only the weather.

They are waiting for the USD game to finalize and then have selected a neutral site to play both the Bison/Grizzlies and NAU/USD or UC Riverside.

Hosing both the Summit League and Big Sky schools.

This would suck so bad, what's sad is we've known about the weather for like a week now. Our game should've been played here tomorrow on the first available day of the 2nd round and could've been played in the afternoon to beat the weather. Instead they've drug it out and now we will likely get hosed.

Uffda
03-22-2024, 03:20 PM
What a complete shit show!!!! Maybe I'm missing something, but I can't find any information on the Bison game. They're not even listed on the WNIT website!!

I just called the athletic department expressing frustration. Nothing concrete at this point. SMH!!!

roadwarrior
03-22-2024, 04:06 PM
Home game monday at 7pm

Elephants Dream?
03-22-2024, 04:13 PM
GOOD! Homegame.

Summit website says USD is playing tonight in Vermillion and it'll be on the SLN TV.

bisonfan08
03-22-2024, 04:27 PM
Home game monday at 7pm

This is awesome, however with the weather coming I have a feeling attendance won't be as great as it could've been.

Gopher24
03-22-2024, 04:31 PM
Where did you get the Tuesday the 26th news? I've seen nothing about 2nd round games yet.

Gopher message board.

Glad Bison got a home game too.

thunderingherd
03-22-2024, 04:35 PM
And this game will be free it says. Does anyone think they'll take any extra steps to promote this game and fill it up or just a press release on their website and a few emails? I don't.

Boy
03-22-2024, 06:22 PM
Not to bitch about my ice cream being cold, and grateful the ticket is free, but maybe allow those of us who bought season tickets to at least have "our" seats for this game. I'm glad the ticket is free but when I show up to a game I'd gladly pay to attend and see someone sitting in "my" seats that hasn't been to a game all year, I won't be happy. Sure I'll find a place to sit and still enjoy the game but this could have been thought out better than "hey the doors are open just come in and sit down and watch and become a fan of these ladies and this team!"

NI4NI
03-22-2024, 06:37 PM
Not to bitch about my ice cream being cold, and grateful the ticket is free, but maybe allow those of us who bought season tickets to at least have "our" seats for this game. I'm glad the ticket is free but when I show up to a game I'd gladly pay to attend and see someone sitting in "my" seats that hasn't been to a game all year, I won't be happy. Sure I'll find a place to sit and still enjoy the game but this could have been thought out better than "hey the doors are open just come in and sit down and watch and become a fan of these ladies and this team!"

Fair point. They could easily open the doors 30 minutes early for season ticket holders ensuring them 'their' seats.

roadwarrior
03-22-2024, 06:44 PM
Wow.......

Boy
03-22-2024, 06:50 PM
The email--

Hello Bison Nation!

Who is ready for one more basketball game in the Scheels Center this season?! We are, and we want to see you there!

Your Bison Women’s Basketball Team is hosting a second round Women’s National Invitation Tournament (WNIT) game this Monday night. The details for the game are listed below:

GAME
The game will be on Monday, March 25 at 7:00 PM CT in the Scheels Center. Your Bison will be taking on the Montana Grizzlies.

FREE ADMISSION
The game will be free admission for everyone and anyone that want to attend! There will be no need to purchase a ticket as all seating is general admission. That means you can walk in and choose any seat you want to sit in when you arrive! It's first come, first served!

We look forward to seeing you Monday night cheering on your Bison women for some postseason basketball, and as always,

GO BISON!

bisonfan08
03-22-2024, 07:02 PM

I concur, little frustrating. But logistically and staffing wise, this is just easier. They don't have to have ticket windows open, don't have to try to sell "free" tickets on line, won't have a line to get in the door if people can just walk in and hopefully it encourages people who can't usually make it to come because it's free. I'll allow it

Bisonator98
03-22-2024, 07:11 PM
WTF is this game going to be Monday night? Talk about stupidity, right in the middle of a winter storm! Why didn't they set it up for tomorrow night??

Boy
03-22-2024, 07:16 PM
besides, gotta be close enough to yell at refs. Wink wink smirk smirk

i meant that in purple font to joke around.

Bisonator98
03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Probably won't need to worry about finding a seat if this storm develops as forecasted. Be lucky to get 1000 there.

thunderingherd
03-22-2024, 08:13 PM

Get there early and find "your seat" like everyone else. problem solved.

garbageman
03-22-2024, 08:50 PM

Lets get the football team to come and sit behind the visitors and get rowdy

NI4NI
03-22-2024, 08:57 PM

Careful. There are some goofy members here that would associate that with inciting an insurrection.

thunderingherd
03-22-2024, 09:04 PM

That would be epic.

bisoneer
03-22-2024, 09:22 PM
Congratulations ladies basketball team and go beat up on the Grizz!! We owe the a loss! Kick some butt, take no prisoners.

Boy
03-22-2024, 09:28 PM

And what would you suggest is the appropriate early enough time to arrive? I usually arrive at 6:30 for a game at 7. Will that work this time or should I arrive earlier?

Bison03
03-22-2024, 09:43 PM
Hopefully the storm wont be as bad and we can all drive in snow and realize we arent a bunch of wimps and show up!! Haha! Without this weather, would have had 2,500+.

thunderingherd
03-22-2024, 10:25 PM
And what would you suggest is the appropriate early enough time to arrive? I usually arrive at 6:30 for a game at 7. Will that work this time or should I arrive earlier?

630 when you already have your seat secured? 6:10 if you don’t.

garbageman
03-23-2024, 12:42 AM
Will it be broadcast on television?

Elephants Dream?
03-23-2024, 12:50 AM
Halftime in Vermillion. Coyotes lead UC Riverside 37-34. Plenty of seats available.

Yotes pulled away in the fourth to win by 15.
They'll now face Northern Arizona.

roadwarrior
03-23-2024, 11:54 AM
Will it be broadcast on television?

WDAY Extra, Summit League Network

KC_Hats
03-23-2024, 02:14 PM
WDAY Extra, Summit League Network
Dom says WDAY Extra or WDAY Plus. It won't be on the Summit League Network (Midco Sports App).

roadwarrior
03-23-2024, 04:34 PM
Dom says WDAY Extra or WDAY Plus. It won't be on the Summit League Network (Midco Sports App).

The schedule on gobison lists Summit League Network. It doesn't appear in upcoming events on Midco Sports Plus. So, guess we will find out which is correct on Monday.

KC_Hats
03-23-2024, 09:49 PM
I hope you and gobison.com are right. I have the Midco Sports app I don't have a subscription to WDAY Extra or Plus. Go Bison!

The schedule on gobison lists Summit League Network. It doesn't appear in upcoming events on Midco Sports Plus. So, guess we will find out which is correct on Monday.

SomeBeach
03-23-2024, 10:15 PM
Kudos to the Dinger family for donating to cover free admission for the entire crowd! I know it's possibly going to be storming (or not), but come on, folks. Grab a friend or your young 'uns and waddle on down to the game. It's only snow.

Son of a Bison
03-24-2024, 02:53 AM
Jacks are down 3 at halftime. Finished on 17-0 run to get that close. If they lose it’s Jack off season for SDSU (say they outloud).

AlumniGreen
03-24-2024, 04:04 AM
68-54. Utah

HerdBot
03-24-2024, 12:29 PM
Kudos to the Dinger family for donating to cover free admission for the entire crowd! I know it's possibly going to be storming (or not), but come on, folks. Grab a friend or your young 'uns and waddle on down to the game. It's only snow.

https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison-media-zone/womens-sports/local-family-giving-back-to-bison-with-free-admission-to-wnit

Here is the story

SomeBeach
03-25-2024, 09:04 PM
How's the weather looking up there for tonight's game? Is it bad enough to keep people away, even with free admission? And can anyone tell me about TV broadcast? Can't seem to find anything.

Bison03
03-25-2024, 10:06 PM
Weather is a normal winter day. Not even snowing. No excuse for those in town to get there! Free admission so lets pack this thing out! Game is on SL Network through Midco and on WDAY Xtra like all other home games.

Bison03
03-25-2024, 10:48 PM
There is currently a line of 100 people waiting to get into a Bison women’s basketball game. Pretty crazy!

tjbison
03-25-2024, 11:25 PM
WTF is this game going to be Monday night? Talk about stupidity, right in the middle of a winter storm! Why didn't they set it up for tomorrow night??

looks like no excuses for weather will be needed

Bisonator98
03-25-2024, 11:35 PM
looks like no excuses for weather will be needed

Still shifty outside of town but we're here. GO BISON!!!!

tjbison
03-25-2024, 11:36 PM
i cant make the game, but anyone know if the WDAY plus app has it? or how can I secretly stream on my phone?? its not showing on plus

ByeSonBusiness
03-26-2024, 12:11 AM

I get it my guy but consider it a pleasant nuisance that others showed up for a change

imabison
03-26-2024, 12:15 AM
Where are the students?? Maybe they are spread out but...

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

SDbison
03-26-2024, 12:50 AM
Where are the students?? Maybe they are spread out but...

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk Boomer says....what is wrong with kids nowadays? Put the phone or game paddle down and get your ass out to support your team!
At the Summit Tourney this year, outside of the band, I didn't see more than a few students in attendance.

SDbison
03-26-2024, 12:51 AM
Bison up 35 to 30 at halftime.

SDbison
03-26-2024, 12:53 AM
i cant make the game, but anyone know if the WDAY plus app has it? or how can I secretly stream on my phone?? its not showing on plus The men's and women's basketball TV media coverage sucks this past year. Please get ESPN+ back!

tjbison
03-26-2024, 12:55 AM
The men's and women's basketball TV media coverage sucks this past year. Please get ESPN+ back!

agreed.but come on over to the UM game thread..Womens BBall brought me back to BV for their run...HA!

bisoneer
03-26-2024, 02:48 AM
Students are disconnected from winter sports. I went to the wellness center on campus last week for a workout after work and asked some of them if they were going to this game and most thought this team was done after the summit tourney. Ndsu AD and Alumni Center needs to do more to get students to follow it. The Spectrum helps but needs to come out a day sooner. I don’t see the athletes anywhere on the south end of campus. When I was a student here an looonggg time ago I would see them in class, in the dorms and at the cafeteria. Now it’s like they are invisible until game day. Put some jocks at a booth in the Union as a
promotion or to earn NIL money and meet the regulars.

tjbison
03-26-2024, 02:54 AM
Students are disconnected from winter sports. I went to the wellness center on campus last week for a workout after work and asked some of them if they were going to this game and most thought this team was done after the summit tourney. Ndsu AD and Alumni Center needs to do more to get students to follow it. The Spectrum helps but needs to come out a day sooner.

NDSU Marketing is horseshit, Inforum writers do more than the school........and no I am not a Forum Comm employee..

CAS4127
03-26-2024, 03:03 AM
Awesome to see the WBB program on the rise and improving. Those 80’s teams were fun to watch and packed BSA was a blast!

KC_Hats
03-26-2024, 03:30 AM
I never found it. I think what Dom said was true. It was not on the Midco Sports App and was only available on WDAY Plus or WDAY Extra. I missed the first half and tried to listen to the game on the Bison Sports App and follow Live Stats. I had trouble with the app dropping the the broadcast every couple of minutes. It was a pain to follow but I hung with it. Hopefully WDAY doesn't try and force us out of staters to purchase a subscription to watch the next round game if it is at home. I have the Midco Sports App and subscription and that has been what I watched the games on all year but WDAY decided they wouldn't share the broadcast and wanted me to subscribe to their streaming service for one or two games.

How's the weather looking up there for tonight's game? Is it bad enough to keep people away, even with free admission? And can anyone tell me about TV broadcast? Can't seem to find anything.

tcbison
03-26-2024, 03:59 PM
I never found it. I think what Dom said was true. It was not on the Midco Sports App and was only available on WDAY Plus or WDAY Extra. I missed the first half and tried to listen to the game on the Bison Sports App and follow Live Stats. I had trouble with the app dropping the the broadcast every couple of minutes. It was a pain to follow but I hung with it. Hopefully WDAY doesn't try and force us out of staters to purchase a subscription to watch the next round game if it is at home. I have the Midco Sports App and subscription and that has been what I watched the games on all year but WDAY decided they wouldn't share the broadcast and wanted me to subscribe to their streaming service for one or two games.

Yeah, I couldn't stream this game either. I listened to Bison 1660 radio on the app. It is frustrating that WDAY wants to charge more, and I still wish I could see the games on ESPN+ last previous years.

bisoneer
03-27-2024, 02:14 AM
Gopher women won vs Pacific. 77-62

Elephants Dream?
03-27-2024, 02:24 AM
Coyotes came from behind with a huge 4th quarter to beat Northern Arizona in Vermillion.
Grace Larkins set a new career high. Yotes missed only one free throw all game.
Attendance was 1560.
They will play in Laramie, WY. on Friday night.

Bison03
03-27-2024, 02:36 AM
Bison play at Williams Arena Friday night.

bisonfan08
03-27-2024, 02:47 PM

Minnesota must really not want to come to Fargo, it sounded like there were additional businesses willing to chip in and help cover the cost to host the next round and we still lost the bid. There were all of about 200 people at the Gophers game last night but they got the storm a little worse than we did I think. With that low of attendance though, UM just forking over the money to play at home. Nice part is there's a nice alumni base in Minneapolis, hopefully NDSU gets a good showing in the barn. Wish I could go but have some family obligations for Easter weekend.

Bisonator98
03-27-2024, 03:22 PM

Will it be on TV or streaming?

imabison
03-27-2024, 03:25 PM
Will it be on TV or streaming?

Only a live stat link listed on NDSU womens bb schedule so far.

imabison
03-27-2024, 03:33 PM
Only a live stat link listed on NDSU womens bb schedule so far.

Gopher website indicates Big Ten Plus and live states. Tickets on sale 1 pm today.

Boy
03-27-2024, 06:08 PM
Tickets were easy to get, hotel was easy to get. Should be a fun game!

bisonfan08
03-27-2024, 06:32 PM
Gopher website indicates Big Ten Plus and live states. Tickets on sale 1 pm today.

Hoping it ends up on ESPN+ as well but not looking good. Had to get BigTen+ for the first matchup and there's no per game subscription you have to pay for a month, so dumb.

Bisonator98
03-27-2024, 07:09 PM
Hoping it ends up on ESPN+ as well but not looking good. Had to get BigTen+ for the first matchup and there's no per game subscription you have to pay for a month, so dumb.

How much is it? Do they have a free preview period?

bisonfan08
03-27-2024, 07:43 PM
How much is it? Do they have a free preview period?

If you just select the one school, so it in this case Minnesota it's $9.99 a month and no, they do not have a free preview of any kind. If they were smart they'd offer single game passes for out of conference games for like $5 and likely get way more hits. If you get the whole conference pass it's $14.95/mo which is what I ended up doing because there were a few other Summit League/Big Ten games I was able to catch yet in that month.

tjbison
03-28-2024, 12:20 AM
sucks but im doing another 9.99 to watch, these Ladies are fun to watch and with the current state of College athletics odds of seeing all them back seem slim to none, hope im wrong, because they have something special rolling.

Mr. Burgundy
03-29-2024, 02:50 PM
us against the world. WNIT is an absolute joke of an organization. We have been treated AWFUL. I bet Jory has these girls playing so hard and loose tonight. We want it. Place will be dead. WNIT was a joke. They didn't even do a bid process. I think we win because we want it more. Jory will be us against the world tonight.

These girls deserve it! Lets keep them Bison!!!

Bison03
03-29-2024, 03:31 PM
Jory gets contract extension. Well deserved!