PDA

View Full Version : Vs ORU

dufferole
03-10-2024, 10:38 PM
ORU beats und 91 to 68 to advance to play the Bison.

NI4NI
03-10-2024, 11:30 PM
Could be a tight game.

BisonVifte
03-11-2024, 08:29 PM
22 - 12 Bison end of first quarter

dufferole
03-11-2024, 08:51 PM
Bison up 38 to 28 at halftime.

BisonVifte
03-11-2024, 08:52 PM
Up 10 at the half.

tony
03-11-2024, 08:56 PM
Got a little sloppy at the end, but defense travels.

TAILG8R
03-11-2024, 09:20 PM
Getting closer than I'd like it to be. Bison have gone cold and need to get some sots to fall. Only 2 shots made in the qtr so far.

6 point lead 4:43 left in the 3rd.

dufferole
03-11-2024, 09:31 PM
Bison up 53 to 44 after 3 quarters.

BisonVifte
03-11-2024, 09:32 PM
Elle has played 10 min. and has 0 points

NI4NI
03-11-2024, 09:32 PM
Thanks for the updates guys. We not got CBS SN @ work.:bleh:

BisonVifte
03-11-2024, 10:10 PM
Bison win by 9

TAILG8R
Elle has played 10 min. and has 0 points

She was in foul trouble and has been cold since she came in other than knocking down her free throws.

NDSUstudent
Bring on the Rabbits!

dufferole
03-11-2024, 10:13 PM
Bison win 75 to 66.

Boy
03-11-2024, 10:49 PM
Schulte was not impressed with her 5th foul, and for good reason. Replay showed her 6 inches from the ORU player and making no contact whatsoever. As she sat down on the bench you could see her lips mouth the phrase "i dont believe that was the right call" which came out expressed as "farging bullcrap". Indeed it was Abby, indeed it was.

dufferole
03-12-2024, 12:02 AM
It was not the only questionable call on the Bison.

NDSU92
03-12-2024, 12:02 AM
Awesome job by the ladies. LFG!!!

dufferole
03-12-2024, 12:04 AM
I am highly biased but this reffing in the Summit league is not good. Too many tic tack fouls.

HerdBot
03-12-2024, 12:05 AM
On to the Championship game for the first time ever. I got a good feeling

HoopsBison
03-12-2024, 12:33 AM
Hats off to Jory and the players, pretty remarkable where this team is at right now then when Jory took over. Chance to dance tomorrow vs SDSU, cant ask for much more.

Boy
03-12-2024, 12:44 AM
I am highly biased but this reffing in the Summit league is not good. Too many tic tack fouls.

As a spectator, I will never get on the players at the college level or below. However, officials beyond high school deserve to hear it when they screw up or are bad at their jobs. The short brown haired lady and her blonde pony tailed partner and the guy with them are bad beyond belief. They were in the SHAC two or three times and my daughter gave me looks when I gave them friendly reminders about their mistakes.

land grant bison
03-12-2024, 01:35 AM
Very impressive turnaround of the program after years of DeHoff/Walseth cellar dwelling. I applaud everything the team has accomplished the last couple years…beating Kansas, beating Minnesota, earning a championship game appearance. Life and interest has returned to the program. Have confidence that tomorrow can push the envelope of history.

Bison03
03-12-2024, 01:47 AM
Historic win. Advancing to the title game for the first time. Need to keep Elle out of foul trouble to have a chance tomorrow. Fortunate today that is was always a perpetual 10 point lead so Jory didn’t need to put her in because they absolutely needed her. This team is fun to watch; everyone contributes. One more to go dancing!!

dufferole
03-12-2024, 02:20 AM
As a spectator, I will never get on the players at the college level or below. However, officials beyond high school deserve to hear it when they screw up or are bad at their jobs. The short brown haired lady and her blonde pony tailed partner and the guy with them are bad beyond belief. They were in the SHAC two or three times and my daughter gave me looks when I gave them friendly reminders about their mistakes.

I do understand that refereeing is having a tough time getting people to fill their ranks . Having people scream at them for their calls or lack of calls doesn't sound rewarding. Hopefully, they can learn from their mistakes .

bisoneer
03-12-2024, 02:20 AM
Nice win and congratulations ladies and coaches! Work hard on D tomorrow and hit your shots for the win vs the bunnies. Don’t miss the bunny shots in this one especially!

Elephants Dream?
03-12-2024, 04:24 AM
I need a little help here.
We haven't beaten the Jacks since 2015. Was that the game in Brookings when Whitney Trecker was injured and didn't dress? I was sitting behind the bench that night. Am I thinking of the correct game? Anyone have a better memory?

roadwarrior
03-12-2024, 11:36 AM
We beat the rabbits at home. The hockey arena home.

Boy
03-12-2024, 01:09 PM
I do understand that refereeing is having a tough time getting people to fill their ranks . Having people scream at them for their calls or lack of calls doesn't sound rewarding. Hopefully, they can learn from their mistakes .

"Screaming at them" is a pretty strong phrase. To me that sounds hateful and angry. While I may not like a call, I wouldn't say I'm hateful or angry. Nagging them might be a better phrase. Yelling loud enough so they hear and asking how the ref farthest away looking though 6 people can make a call when the one right by it didn't blow the whistle is hardly threatening, but I hope it does make them think you know, maybe I didn't see what I thought I saw.

NI4NI
03-12-2024, 02:20 PM

"If you don't like heat, stay out of the kitchen" applies to being a referee, and learning from their mistakes should for the most part happen before they are officiating at collegiate level.
Now that's not excusing fans behaving like asses, but it's expected that missed/errant calls will be objected to a certain level.

scottietohottie
03-12-2024, 02:25 PM
"If you don't like heat, stay out of the kitchen" applies to being a referee, and learning from their mistakes should for the most part happen before they are officiating at collegiate level.
Now that's not excusing fans behaving like asses, but it's expected that missed/errant calls will be objected to a certain level.

Yeah like the old saying goes. Throw stones at people from stony brook eh.

semobison
03-12-2024, 02:57 PM

If you think you can do better I suggest you get yourself a whistle and prove it. There is a shortage of referees nationwide.

Boy
03-12-2024, 03:15 PM
If you think you can do better I suggest you get yourself a whistle and prove it. There is a shortage of referees nationwide.

Nowhere did I say I could do better. But there are expectations of officials at every level and those expectations change the higher up you go. When they don't perform at the level of my expectation, I say something. I don't swear at them, I don't belittle them, I simply yell loud enough that the hear me. The level of expectation at a college level is entirely different than the level of pee wees.

Here is another way to think of it. How many of you have ever gotten mad and been a Karen to a customer service person who is simply following the rules of their job but the rules of their job didn't allow you to get what you want so you acted like an asshole? If I asked your spouses the same question, what would they say? Is that any different than me letting an official know that I thought they blew a call or were in a wrong position to make a call? The only difference is the ref isn't serving me and i'm not asking for something they can't do. I just don't want bad calls. Like a foul on a player that wasn't within 6 inches of touching an opposing player and they got a whistle for contact. That type of thing can change a game and they deserve to be told they effed up.

that's all i got to say about that

IndyBison
03-12-2024, 03:28 PM
"Screaming at them" is a pretty strong phrase. To me that sounds hateful and angry. While I may not like a call, I wouldn't say I'm hateful or angry. Nagging them might be a better phrase. Yelling loud enough so they hear and asking how the ref farthest away looking though 6 people can make a call when the one right by it didn't blow the whistle is hardly threatening, but I hope it does make them think you know, maybe I didn't see what I thought I saw.I'm sure it's somewhat true in basketball, but in football, we don't hear what you say. Yell all you want. Booing is fine because you are just voicing your opinion of a call. This won't bother the official for a few reasons. First, you are biased and he/she isn't. Second, he/she knows the rules and you don't. Third, ultimately his/her judgement is the only one that matters.

As for the location of the official in relation to the call, that's another good example of the fan not understanding. Each official is watching something different and is more about angles than distance. At the time of the call, the further official may have the responsibility of that action or his/her angle is better to see the action.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

southcliffbison
03-12-2024, 04:52 PM
This is why I really enjoyed my years as a back judge and, now, as an umpire. Head linesman and line judge, not so much. It's why college conferences have the LJ and H linesman switch sides at half time (been on FB crews that do it in HS games.......it's comforting to hear a different voice and different crap.

runtheoption
03-12-2024, 06:21 PM
I reffed an amateur men's basketball tourney a few weeks back. All the players knew the refs were volunteering and doing it for free. Low expectations from the players led to very little back talk from the players. Actually got quite a few of the players thanking us for our time. I was expecting to get yelled at. It was refreshing that it didn't happen.

As soon as my youngest graduates from HS, I will be trying to do HS football, basketball and baseball. It's a nice little part-time job.

NI4NI
03-12-2024, 08:37 PM
I reffed an amateur men's basketball tourney a few weeks back. All the players knew the refs were volunteering and doing it for free. Low expectations from the players led to very little back talk from the players. Actually got quite a few of the players thanking us for our time. I was expecting to get yelled at. It was refreshing that it didn't happen.

As soon as my youngest graduates from HS, I will be trying to do HS football, basketball and baseball. It's a nice little part-time job.

Thanks, we do appreciate the refs