PDA

View Full Version : GDT vs Denver

dufferole
02-17-2024, 02:49 PM
Alumni day for Bison woman's basketball.

Mr. Burgundy
02-17-2024, 03:10 PM
Great day to fund raise for the women’s hoops program. Jory needs us! Join the collective and do your part! Go ladies!

Uffda
02-17-2024, 06:35 PM
Nice 12-0 run after Denver tied it up

Bison03
02-17-2024, 06:48 PM
43-25 Bison at the half. All of Elle Evans 14 points were in the 2nd quarter. Great crowd at the game today! Lots of wbb alum at the game. Rachel Otto at the game as well. Got a long standing ovation!!

tony
02-17-2024, 06:56 PM
Dang, too bad that no NDSU BB games are on ESPN+ anymore (at least as far as I can tell.)

Gully
02-17-2024, 07:10 PM
Dang, too bad that no NDSU BB games are on ESPN+ anymore (at least as far as I can tell.)

I'm trying to decide if you're joking or not? In case you're being serious, they're now on the midco app that you have to pay for. No more ESPN.

Gully
02-17-2024, 07:11 PM
They're playing really well against an overmatched Denver squad. Had one dry spell where the shots wouldn't fall or this would be really ugly.

roadwarrior
02-17-2024, 07:19 PM
Watching this team reminds me of the great teams we had in the 90s.

Bisman
02-17-2024, 07:30 PM
I'm trying to decide if you're joking or not? In case you're being serious, they're now on the midco app that you have to pay for. No more ESPN.

Midco Sports Plus is 9.99 per month plus tax

Bisman
02-17-2024, 07:41 PM
'She has a chance to be very special'; Bison freshman Koenen making her presence known in stretch run

https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison-media-zone/womens-sports/she-has-a-chance-to-be-very-special-bison-freshman-koenen-making-her-presence-known-in-stretch-run

Bisman
02-17-2024, 07:45 PM
Future psychologist Abby Schulte likes the mentality of her Bison team

https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison-media-zone/womens-sports/future-psychologist-abby-schulte-likes-the-mentality-of-her-bison-team

KC_Hats
02-17-2024, 08:01 PM
The Midco Sports app is actually better than I expected it to be. The streams provide a great picture and good sound. One bonus is all schools in the conference are required to broadcast their games on the app so you get to watch all home and away games in all sports that are not football. I recommend subscribing.

The one thing I would like to see if the start times for the men's and women's games staggered so you can watch both of them. I have had multiple games where I am streaming one game on my TV and the other on my laptop.

Go Bison!

tony
02-17-2024, 08:01 PM

No, I was serious... it was awesome when NDSU BB was on ESPN+.

But as long as they keep winning... well, that's the important thing.

Uffda
02-17-2024, 08:06 PM
STATISTIC Denver-NDSU
FG% 40% 60%
FGs 22-55 34-57
3FG% 23% 43%
3FGs 5-22 6-14
FT% 89% 86%
FTs 16-18 12-14

Uffda
02-17-2024, 08:10 PM
'She has a chance to be very special'; Bison freshman Koenen making her presence known in stretch run

https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison-media-zone/womens-sports/she-has-a-chance-to-be-very-special-bison-freshman-koenen-making-her-presence-known-in-stretch-run

She's been playing great recently.

This is a good, young team.

Gully
02-17-2024, 08:17 PM
No, I was serious... it was awesome when NDSU BB was on ESPN+.

But as long as they keep winning... well, that's the important thing.

Ok. There was a lot of complaining about this when it was announced so I thought perhaps you were making some type of joke.

In any event, great win by the ladies today.

dufferole
02-17-2024, 09:56 PM
43-25 Bison at the half. All of Elle Evans 14 points were in the 2nd quarter. Great crowd at the game today! Lots of wbb alum at the game. Rachel Otto at the game as well. Got a long standing ovation!!

And yet, no name announcements for who was there except for Rachel. At the men's alumni game names were announced. WTF?

BisonVifte
02-17-2024, 10:07 PM
And yet, no name announcements for who was there except for Rachel. At the men's alumni game names were announced. WTF?
I know it doesn't help, but they did have an insert in the game program.

dufferole
02-17-2024, 10:19 PM
You are right. It doesn’t help.

dufferole
02-18-2024, 06:12 PM
On the WDAY XTra telecast, Izzo named some of the alumni on the floor.

imabison
02-18-2024, 09:20 PM

It was all about Rachel at that game. Heck in the past years they were luck to get 5 women to be willing to walk to the court.

southcliffbison
02-19-2024, 11:43 AM
It was all about Rachel at that game. Heck in the past years they were luck to get 5 women to be willing to walk to the court.

In years past, was it because of the embarrassing product put out on the court by DeHoff and Whalen?

bisonfan08
02-19-2024, 02:08 PM

I was also disappointed they didn't announce them but I think the issue was the fact that they had a record high 42 players RSVP and show up for alumni day and they only get about 5 minutes to go through it. I still think they could've done a "hold your applause to the end" and just had them wave as they read through each name quickly but to go through like they did with the men's and give a little bio they wouldn't have had even close to enough time with that many there.

bisonfan08
02-19-2024, 02:14 PM

She's a beast, she's the freshman I was most excited about coming into the season and she's starting to show why. I told Jory when I went and watched preseason practice that her athleticism and length was incredible and he just said the only thing that's going to hold her back for a bit is playing against other D1 athletes and figuring out how to use it. She only played AA in MN in high school so she just absolutely dominated everyone because of her size and athleticism but needed to learn how to do the same against other D1 players...needless to say she's starting to figure it out.

KC_Hats
02-20-2024, 02:55 AM
I would say all of the alumni players were happy that the attention was focused on Rachel Otto. Rachel is going through a very tough time with a very debilitating injury/disease. The emotion Rachel showed when being acknowledged made everyone's day.

dufferole
02-20-2024, 04:30 PM
They were. They requested that they not be announced.