PDA

View Full Version : R U watching the Shrine game tonight?

NI4NI
02-01-2024, 09:46 PM
https://shrinebowl.com/news/historic-east-west-shrine-bowl-moves-to-ford-center-in-frisco-in-2024/

MangyOldBison
02-02-2024, 12:19 AM
https://shrinebowl.com/news/historic-east-west-shrine-bowl-moves-to-ford-center-in-frisco-in-2024/

Thanks for the reminder! Watching now.

Roster:

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/sports/nfl/2024-east-west-shrine-bowl-how-to-watch-location-players-and-more/3214896/

MangyOldBison
02-02-2024, 12:40 AM

Big play by Jadon Janke of South Dakota State for the West!

SoCalBison
02-02-2024, 01:13 AM
Worst "football" broadcast I've ever seen. Between the extended talk with the Texas Tech coach and the teens saved by Shriners, you'd hardly know there's a game on.

Sundell was in at guard on the last drive, had a good block on a passing play, the only one I saw.

NI4NI
02-02-2024, 02:00 AM
Worst "football" broadcast I've ever seen. Between the extended talk with the Texas Tech coach and the teens saved by Shriners, you'd hardly know there's a game on.

Sundell was in at guard on the last drive, had a good block on a passing play, the only one I saw.

He's the only Bison playing.

SDSU has 5 playing, more than any other team. Repping the valley well.

NI4NI
02-02-2024, 02:30 AM
Nice catch by heinz

ByeSonBusiness
02-02-2024, 02:34 AM

Its not intended to be high quality football.

SoCalBison
02-02-2024, 02:39 AM
Its not intended to be high quality football.

I'm not complaining about the football. The broadcast itself sucks. Frenetic camera shots, split screens, cameras placed 300 yards from the field, it's just impossible to try to isolate on a single player.

MangyOldBison
02-02-2024, 02:41 AM
Nice catch by heinz

Good for him NI!

His older brother played BB at Concordia. Story about Zach Heins and his family: https://www.keloland.com/sports/sdsus-zach-heins-purpose-born-from-tragic-loss/amp/

SDbison
02-02-2024, 02:50 PM
So how did Sundell play? Anyone see more than one play with him in the game? How much of the game did he play? I don't give a crap how the Bunny turd players did.

mtoutfitter
02-02-2024, 03:21 PM
So how did Sundell play? Anyone see more than one play with him in the game? How much of the game did he play? I don't give a crap how the Bunny turd players did.

Did someone get up on the wrong side of the throne at the Fiefdom? :biggrin:

SDbison
02-02-2024, 03:57 PM
Did someone get up on the wrong side of the throne at the Fiefdom? :biggrin: Just read the FCS news out there! SDSU this and SDSU that. 5 SDSU players in the Shrine game. Holy crap you would think they won 7 nattys in a row. Even after losing a bunch of players to graduation they are anointed the best ever. In the meantime we got Stony Brook for our AD and finally making some coaching changes in football after the Jacks kick Bison ass in most every sport. Matt Larsen sucks!

DCinOK
02-03-2024, 12:39 PM
Just read the FCS news out there! SDSU this and SDSU that. 5 SDSU players in the Shrine game. Holy crap you would think they won 7 nattys in a row. Even after losing a bunch of players to graduation they are anointed the best ever. In the meantime we got Stony Brook for our AD and finally making some coaching changes in football after the Jacks kick Bison ass in most every sport. Matt Larsen sucks!

I'm all in with that attitude as well...I could care less about bunnies 'repping the valley' blah blah blah. We got lazy and complacent and have been kicked aside for a newer model, so to speak. They are the enemy and I despise them from start to finish. Crap needs to change and get us on top again. Our catchphrase was 'stay humble, stay hungry.' Yeah, well being humble is easy now, isn't it...do we have the hunger it takes?

SDbison
02-03-2024, 04:00 PM
I'm all in with that attitude as well...I could care less about bunnies 'repping the valley' blah blah blah. We got lazy and complacent and have been kicked aside for a newer model, so to speak. They are the enemy and I despise them from start to finish. Crap needs to change and get us on top again. Our catchphrase was 'stay humble, stay hungry.' Yeah, well being humble is easy now, isn't it...do we have the hunger it takes? Thanks for the comments. So what is being done to get back on top (and not just in football as lots of sports need improvement)? All the focus lately seems to be on NIL, but the problem lies deeper than that. A few areas need coaching changes and maybe just increased expectations. Also fan and student attendance have been in decline. The SHAC is a terrible basketball venue (most uncomfortable seating and nothing has been done about it). Add to that Fargodome improvements were rejected by Fargo voters and the dome continues to be a stale environment that is not aging well. Last but not least, who is updating the GoBison website? None of the recent coaching changes have been entered into football coaches section and the football practice facility still has artist renditions instead of actual pictures. Sorry about the rant in this thread, but at least my diverging topic is relevant to Bison football and related matters.

SomeBeach
02-03-2024, 04:34 PM
I agree that the gobison.com website is in need of fixing and updating. I tried to buy tickets for the Women's BB game versus SDSU the other night. The link on the top banner that said TICKETS gave me a list of sports, but when I clicked on Women's Basketball under the Information heading, I got a page with information from 2022-23. Same thing happens with Men's BB. I emailed the ticket department to let them know; they politely thanked me and said they would let the "Communications Department" (whoever that is) know. And, to your point, there are a lot of things on the site that need updating and enhancing.

LefseBison
02-03-2024, 05:21 PM
I agree that the gobison.com website is in need of fixing and updating. I tried to buy tickets for the Women's BB game versus SDSU the other night. The link on the top banner that said TICKETS gave me a list of sports, but when I clicked on Women's Basketball under the Information heading, I got a page with information from 2022-23. Same thing happens with Men's BB. I emailed the ticket department to let them know; they politely thanked me and said they would let the "Communications Department" (whoever that is) know. And, to your point, there are a lot of things on the site that need updating and enhancing.

And this is what needs to happen as you have done. If you see something is wrong, errant, missing, or outdated - let the appropriate people know and what I find as a communication geek is to COPY someone else, such as a higher up (or a lower down) Or maybe copy 3 people in the chain of command. That way, the recipient cannot say they did not know about the problem and by copying several people, that will MOTIVATE someone somewhere here to get on the ball. If I saw a serious problem, I would also copy Matt Larsen - not that he would necessarily do anything about it but it would motivate the person.

At NDSU, we are in no position at all to neglect Dotting Our I's and Crossing our T's. Even little things - a potential recruit probably will look on-line before s/he considers NDSU and if they see something outdated, they will think it is NOT done. Little by little, this casts doubt in a potential recruits mind.

Thank you for doing this, Some Beach.

In my world of NDSU, I have noticed some errors (not athletic) and made it very clear that it reflects poorly on NDSU and I DO not back down and neither should any of us. I copy a few people on all of my emails (I am diplomatic about all emails) - dept head, maybe a dean, depending on the severity of the omission, and so forth. It takes 10 minutes to update stuff. No excuses about budget cuts which I get a lot.

NI4NI
02-03-2024, 09:12 PM
I'm all in with that attitude as well...I could care less about bunnies 'repping the valley' blah blah blah. We got lazy and complacent and have been kicked aside for a newer model, so to speak. They are the enemy and I despise them from start to finish. Crap needs to change and get us on top again. Our catchphrase was 'stay humble, stay hungry.' Yeah, well being humble is easy now, isn't it...do we have the hunger it takes?

It's absurd to begrudge the Jacks for our decline.
We're down and I don't like that either. Until we're back, I'm glad it's our nemesises keeping MVFC on top and not some undeserving lesser conference team.

MyOhMy
02-03-2024, 10:34 PM
We're down and I don't like that either. Until we're back, I'm glad it's our nemesises keeping MVFC on top and not some undeserving lesser conference team.

That's clinically insane, it'd be like if you're a Vikings fan being happy the Packers won the SuperBowl, like I said, insane.

NI4NI
02-04-2024, 12:58 AM
That's clinically insane, it'd be like if you're a Vikings fan being happy the Packers won the SuperBowl, like I said, insane.

Lifelong Vikings fan/Packer hater here. I'd rather see Packers win SuperBowl.

But that's not a good comparison. MVFC is stacked, a great conference with many great teams. 'The' conference in FCS. NFC North....yeah, not so much. My point is that Jacks winning in Frisco helps solidify MVFC as 'The' conference. Who wouldn't want that?

LefseBison
02-04-2024, 01:00 AM

But that's not a good comparison. MVFC is stacked, a great conference with many great teams. 'The' conference in FCS. NFC North....yeah, not so much. My point is that Jacks winning in Frisco helps solidify MVFC as 'The' conference. Who wouldn't want that?

Are you FLIPPING nuts? You and I are done, baby!

NI4NI
02-04-2024, 01:03 AM
Are you FLIPPING nuts? You and I are done, baby!

No, It's ok to not see I 2 I !

LefseBison
02-04-2024, 06:54 AM
No, It's ok to not see I 2 I !

No, Dave*. I draw the line at your Jacks semi-worshipping.

*From now on, you are Dave. I can't abide typing your user name. :D

NI4NI
02-04-2024, 11:52 AM

Alright, but you gotta let me in on the 'Dave' joke so I can appreciate it as well.

For the record, I watched the Championship game with a bunch of Jacks fans, and did cheer for the Griz just to be 'that guy'. (I'm pretty sure that made it funner for them too)

Here's an analogy NASCAR fans will understand... I always hated Dale Earnhardt, but after he died it wasn't nearly as fun to watch. Having a worthy adversary is a much needed aspect of being a fan of any sport. I hate losing to them, but I'm glad they don't suck. I hope that makes some sense?

SomeBeach
02-04-2024, 01:01 PM

"Sam" would also work.

LefseBison
02-04-2024, 01:42 PM
Alright, but you gotta let me in on the 'Dave' joke so I can appreciate it as well.

For the record, I watched the Championship game with a bunch of Jacks fans, and did cheer for the Griz just to be 'that guy'. (I'm pretty sure that made it funner for them too)

Here's an analogy NASCAR fans will understand... I always hated Dale Earnhardt, but after he died it wasn't nearly as fun to watch. Having a worthy adversary is a much needed aspect of being a fan of any sport. I hate losing to them, but I'm glad they don't suck. I hope that makes some sense?

You are digging yourself in deeper and deeper into this. (I wonder if you are not a Jacks fan in Bison clothing! LOL).

Dave - there is no inside joke on your new name. Just an arbitrary name as it is easier to type than your user name.

LefseBison
02-04-2024, 01:43 PM
"Sam" would also work.

Maybe Dave is really Lakes? A conspiracy perhaps

NI4NI
02-04-2024, 01:57 PM
You are digging yourself in deeper and deeper into this. (I wonder if you are not a Jacks fan in Bison clothing! LOL).

Dave - there is no inside joke on your new name. Just an arbitrary name as it is easier to type than your user name.

Not a Jacks fan, but certainly not a hater either. Life's too short for petty negativity.

Funny story on the name thing, a friend introduces me to one of his friends "Brian". Keep in mind, alcohol is involved (like most good stories). Anyway, I say that Brian is way to hard to remember, you are "Ike" now. Twenty years later we are still calling him Ike!

LefseBison
02-04-2024, 02:18 PM
Not a Jacks fan, but certainly not a hater either. Life's too short for petty negativity.

Funny story on the name thing, a friend introduces me to one of his friends "Brian". Keep in mind, alcohol is involved (like most good stories). Anyway, I say that Brian is way to hard to remember, you are "Ike" now. Twenty years later we are still calling him Ike!

When it comes to the Jacks, I thrive on petty negativity. One of my numerous character flaws.

ringthebells
02-04-2024, 09:45 PM
When it comes to the Jacks, I thrive on petty negativity. One of my numerous character flaws.

AlumniGreen with envy

LefseBison
02-05-2024, 12:20 AM
AlumniGreen with envy

Nope. If we are referring to the Jacks, they are ones who are green with envy - green and yellow!

MyOhMy
02-05-2024, 03:51 AM
Nope. If we are referring to the Jacks, they are ones who are green with envy - green and yellow!

I mean, their mascot is freakin bunny FFS, this is the only place I want to see a bunny win...

LefseBison
02-05-2024, 04:26 AM
You all just do your deals. You know who you are. Real Bison don't cheer for the Jacks. If the Jacks win the Dakota Marker again this year, don't come whining about it. We have met the enemy and they are the Jackrabbits.

BisonDude
02-05-2024, 07:34 AM
My dad played football for that school up north in the 1950’s and I had two siblings that are alumni from that same unnamed institution. Dad took me to a Harvest Bowl game at Dakota Field when I was 8 or 9. He got tickets from our local coop elevator. I fell in love with the Bison that Saturday afternoon in October in the late 70’s and became the black sheep of the family all in one fell swoop. I grew up secretly loathing the Sue in private, as to not get excommunicated from the family. The Bison teams of the 1980’s were good to me but again, I had to bite my tongue every time we throttled the little green men if I wanted to stay in the family estate.

I attended NDSU and studied Ag Mec and Ag Econ in the late 1980’s. Dad even let me come back to the farm. �� When we moved up to 1AA and UN_ became irrelevant and the bunnies became enemy #1, I transitioned my hatred from north to south. If either UN_ or the bunnies were playing a team coached by Satan himself, I’ll be pulling for Hell’s Angels every time.

Grudges matter…

WhoRepsTheLurker
02-05-2024, 12:16 PM
My dad played football for that school up north in the 1950’s and I had two siblings that are alumni from that same unnamed institution. Dad took me to a Harvest Bowl game at Dakota Field when I was 8 or 9. He got tickets from our local coop elevator. I fell in love with the Bison that Saturday afternoon in October in the late 70’s and became the black sheep of the family all in one fell swoop. I grew up secretly loathing the Sue in private, as to not get excommunicated from the family. The Bison teams of the 1980’s were good to me but again, I had to bite my tongue every time we throttled the little green men if I wanted to stay in the family estate.

I attended NDSU and studied Ag Mec and Ag Econ in the late 1980’s. Dad even let me come back to the farm. 😜 When we moved up to 1AA and UN_ became irrelevant and the bunnies became enemy #1, I transitioned my hatred from north to south. If either UN_ or the bunnies were playing a team coached by Satan himself, I’ll be pulling for Hell’s Angels every time.

Grudges matter…

That is an awesome story, dude. Young people can often see the truth better than older people because they don’t have built-in prejudices. It is impressive that such a young person could find his way out of the wilderness into the promised land, surrounded by so many lost and searching souls. I will tip my glass to you tonight, sir. You must have been what they call “old for your age”

Here’s another way to phrase the question – which school would you rather be in a conference with? I became a Bison fan when NDSU was D1 and und was D2, and for me this will always be the correct perspective. Give me the bunnies every day and twice on Saturday

ringthebells
02-05-2024, 12:24 PM
You all just do your deals. You know who you are. Real Bison don't cheer for the Jacks. If the Jacks win the Dakota Marker again this year, don't come whining about it. We have met the enemy and they are the Jackrabbits.

I am a Jackrabbit so I won't be whining if the Jacks win, but I also won't come on here and celebrate. I'm not a dick. As far as cheering or jeering each other, when you have a committee deciding who gets at large bids, perception matters. The fact that the MVFC has dominated the championship game helps with getting multiple teams in and also with seeding. Home games matter. OK, enough of the kumbaya crap. Screw the U, horns down and well...I don't care enough about UND to have a phrase for them.

BisonDude
02-05-2024, 01:21 PM
Here’s another way to phrase the question – which school would you rather be in a conference with? I became a Bison fan when NDSU was D1 and und was D2, and for me this will always be the correct perspective. Give me the bunnies every day and twice on Saturday

Ed Schultz and Roger Thomas mocked and chastised us for transitioning up to D1. It was a bad idea until it wasn’t for them. When we lose to UN_, they rush the field/court/diamond/checker board and get a new Zamboni to celebrate. It’s their Whioux-per Bowl or Stanley Thermos (isn’t that what the hockey trophy is?). They are our bitches

When we lose to the bunnies, they kick us in the junk, steal our girlfriends and their head coach retires. They are our peers. Right now they own us in just about everything and I hate it. They’re the conference opponents I want.

southcliffbison
02-05-2024, 01:48 PM
I am a Jackrabbit so I won't be whining if the Jacks win, but I also won't come on here and celebrate. I'm not a dick. As far as cheering or jeering each other, when you have a committee deciding who gets at large bids, perception matters. The fact that the MVFC has dominated the championship game helps with getting multiple teams in and also with seeding. Home games matter. OK, enough of the kumbaya crap. Screw the U, horns down and well...I don't care enough about UND to have a phrase for them.

........just calling them the "fawkers " or "those little fawkers" will do....

MyOhMy
02-05-2024, 08:41 PM
Screw the U, horns down and well...I don't care enough about UND to have a phrase for them.

Sioux suck shit still works.

DCinOK
02-05-2024, 11:02 PM

I don't begrudge them anything. What I do is DESPISE them. They are the enemy. "Keeping the mvfc on top" is NOT meaningful, nor a priority of mine. If the Bison don't win it all, I would be happy to see New Hampshire do so, but not brookings.

DCinOK
02-05-2024, 11:04 PM

"The Conference?" I want "THE Mighty, Mighty Bison." brookings can go get stufffed. I cheer for them never. I am happy for them never. It's embarrassing that we have become lower than them. 100% embarrassing.

SDbison
02-06-2024, 12:18 AM
I don't begrudge them anything. What I do is DESPISE them. They are the enemy. "Keeping the mvfc on top" is NOT meaningful, nor a priority of mine. If the Bison don't win it all, I would be happy to see New Hampshire do so, but not brookings. Absolutely! Don't get those who want to give the bunny turds any love (if you lived in SD as a Bison fan you would understand). Most SDSU fans despised NDSU when we were successful (and they still do). The Jackasses need to lose big in this year's football game. Sick of their attitude to even think they come close to what NDSU accomplished in football. In FCS alone 9 NDSU championships is so much greater than their 2.

southcliffbison
02-06-2024, 12:36 AM
Absolutely! Don't get those who want to give the bunny turds any love (if you lived in SD as a Bison fan you would understand). Most SDSU fans despised NDSU when we were successful (and they still do). The Jackasses need to lose big in this year's football game. Sick of their attitude to even think they come close to what NDSU accomplished in football. In FCS alone 9 NDSU championships is so much greater than their 2.

You know I live in SD, DH, and boy, do I understand. Screw'em!!! Screw'em ALL !!!!

Bisonfanatical
02-06-2024, 12:40 AM
I don't begrudge them anything. What I do is DESPISE them. They are the enemy. "Keeping the mvfc on top" is NOT meaningful, nor a priority of mine. If the Bison don't win it all, I would be happy to see New Hampshire do so, but not brookings.

I am 100% agreeing with this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LefseBison
02-06-2024, 12:41 AM
You know I live in SD, DH, and boy, do I understand. Screw'em!!! Screw'em ALL !!!!

My kind of people.

Bison Bridge Guy
02-06-2024, 02:18 PM

Since this thread got derailed and nobody answered your question - Forum article today said he got "a little banged up" after one practice and didn't play in the game.

SDbison
02-06-2024, 03:36 PM
Since this thread got derailed and nobody answered your question - Forum article today said he got "a little banged up" after one practice and didn't play in the game. Thanks for the info. I will check out the article in the Forum. That is too bad Sundell got hurt before the game. Hope he gets healed up and has a great Combine.

tjamz
02-08-2024, 08:05 PM

You picked the wrong fan board to join.

NI4NI
02-08-2024, 08:35 PM
You picked the wrong fan board to join.

So, let's say NDSU goes to Frisco next year. Are you saying that you would rather face some random team than SDSU? There's obviously no wrong answer because we all can have our opinion, but beating SDSU for the title would be much better than beating ANYONE else for it! IMO

PlrbrBison
02-08-2024, 09:02 PM
So, let's say NDSU goes to Frisco next year. Are you saying that you would rather face some random team than SDSU? There's obviously no wrong answer because we all can have our opinion, but beating SDSU for the title would be much better than beating ANYONE else for it! IMO

I'd rather beat them in the quarterfinals so they know they don't belong in Frisco.

mtoutfitter
02-08-2024, 09:13 PM
I'd rather beat them in the quarterfinals so they know they don't belong in Frisco.

Go for the Trifecta! Beat the Cats, Griz and Wabbits.

SoCalBison
02-11-2024, 09:24 PM
Since this thread got derailed and nobody answered your question - Forum article today said he got "a little banged up" after one practice and didn't play in the game.

Earlier in this thread, I referenced blocking by Sundell in the Shrine game.. My bad. I looked at the roster online and he was assigned #72. During the game another player was wearing 72 along with a yellow helmet.

GreenfieldBison
02-11-2024, 11:50 PM
Earlier in this thread, I referenced blocking by Sundell in the Shrine game.. My bad. I looked at the roster online and he was assigned #72. During the game another player was wearing 72 along with a yellow helmet.
Props to you for coming in and correcting the error.

#respect.