PDA

View Full Version : Montana Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Pages : [1] 2

Kevin
12-16-2023, 11:46 PM
1) entz legacy is undisciplined meatheadism
2) hire Polasek
3) congrats to Montana. Pulling for you but you’re about to get a buzz saw to the face. You may have done us a mercy.
4) why run the same trick play they just did. Wtf are you doing roehl? Raja wtf too? Run the fucking ball.
5) so glad this era of alleged bison football is over.

primespareribs
12-16-2023, 11:48 PM
August 2024:

New HC
New OC
New DC
New STC
New QB...

Big Bird
12-16-2023, 11:48 PM
1. Really poorly executed game by NDSU.
2. Throw the bag at Eli Green and Wisniewski. The rest? I hope they stay, but meh. This team lost 4 games and looked slow

TAILG8R
12-16-2023, 11:49 PM
Agreed plus I hope Roehl leaves when he’s not named HC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kevin
1. Really poorly executed game by NDSU.
2. Throw the bag at Eli Green and Wisniewski. The rest? I hope they stay, but meh. This team lost 4 games and looked slow

Cole Payton is special. And yes, he can throw.

GreenfieldBison
Last 8 or so weeks have been fun. Congrats to 2023 Bison for a year that 100+ other teams would die for.

Congrats to the Griz. Well played. Go kill some bunnies.

Next page>

Kevin
12-16-2023, 11:50 PM
It was the SAME play

Bisonwinagn
12-16-2023, 11:50 PM
Fire Rohl for being stupid and don’t let him in the bus! What a dumb fuck he is!!!

WestCoastBison
12-16-2023, 11:51 PM
“Keep it simple stupid”

Run Power. Like the play before.

Bison03
12-16-2023, 11:51 PM
Let the overreaction begin. A good team beat another good team, in an instant classic! Sucks to lose. Sucks.

KSBisonFan
12-16-2023, 11:52 PM
We didn't deserve to win. Too many penalties that were unforced, mental mistakes.

Loss feels bad because I believe we are the better team and had chances to win by 2 scores.

Tomorrow and Monday will be interesting and possibly humbling.

Rooting for the Griz in Frisco.

Kevin
12-16-2023, 11:53 PM
It was the SAME play

It’s like roehl saw it and thought wow that was kino get raja on the phone maybe he can do that in a few minutes

MNLonghorn10
Nobody was going to beat SDSU regardless of this outcome. Rabbits are damn good

TAILG8R
The play call was complete horse shit BUT if that’s your call put Peyton in to at least suck some defenders to the line to defend the run.

Fuck Roehl. I hope some FBS team thinks he’s the next best thing.

TAILG8R
12-16-2023, 11:54 PM
Nobody was going to beat SDSU regardless of this outcome. Rabbits are damn good

Agreed. Montana loses by 28 easy.

But that doesn’t excuse the fuckin stupidity.

Strommer10
12-16-2023, 11:55 PM
I've been critical of Entz & Roehl as much as the next guy, but wow, the refs really made sure that Montana was advancing today. horrific performance by the stripes.

Kevin
12-16-2023, 11:56 PM
Grant Olson has to go and it really hurts to say that.

Snowgoose
12-16-2023, 11:57 PM

I still hate having three lineman as the final line of defense on punt coverage cause if they break that first wave those three are useless

MNLonghorn10
12-16-2023, 11:57 PM
Agreed. Montana loses by 28 easy.

But that doesn’t excuse the fuckin stupidity.

No it doesn’t but it makes it easier to stomach.

tony
12-16-2023, 11:59 PM
Let the overreaction begin. A good team beat another good team, in an instant classic! Sucks to lose. Sucks.

Yeah, same deal after every loss.

If NDSU could have gone two plays in a row on offense without a penalty or drop, that's a win. The Bison OL was destroying their defensive line, and the only times they stopped the inside run (but 1) was when Montana's outside guys got to our runner before the runner got to the LoS.

Also, since Cam didn't ever seem to have a short option when pressure was coming, I thought those were set up for him to take off running, but Montana did a good job on that.

Snowgoose
12-17-2023, 12:00 AM
I said this during the game but that is the most maddening game I have ever watched. We played pretty bad mentally. Terrible penalties terrible reffing, cam missing huge plays over and over. We should have won by two scores.

Cam just hasn’t improved enough over four years. Compare him to say Jensen and he doesn’t hit the easy throws even to our RBs as they were open all day out of the back field.

land grant bison
12-17-2023, 12:00 AM
I felt like we lost due to crowd induced penalties (false starts) and I’m still miffed on that 2 point call. We had run it with ease at the end. Sometimes the team calls the same play again and again when the D is gassed. I didn’t think the situation needed a random razzle dazzle call which ended the season when it wasn’t successful. It felt like an “emotional” call that didn’t jive with the normal game strategies…(i.e. we have an advantage in a particular matchup)…I get the unpredictability the call provides, it wouldn’t have won the game if it worked, massive gamble, you would have had to do more 2 point conversions if good, would the NEXT one have been even more outrageous?

23Bison
12-17-2023, 12:03 AM
Well we came in unseeded, and took the number 2 seed to OT2 in the semi-finals. Had about 100 yds in penalties. Kat play was questionable but could have worked if Raja ran more towards the line then pulled up and passed. Instead he went lateral and was looking to pass right away. Contact in the end zone with the TE not called (not sure if it needed to be but looked like legit PI). It was a very frustrating/exciting game. The boys ultimately did very well this season and there is nothing to be ashamed of.

2023 Down year Bison went to the semi finals and came up short in 2OT unseeded. Go Bison!!!

daddy daycare
12-17-2023, 12:04 AM
Embarrassing play call at that moment when they shoved it all OT.

Game was lost on false starts, a couple missed long balls, and some key drops. And getting it shoved up their a** in OT.

Blaming the refs is a loser mentality.

Kevin
12-17-2023, 12:05 AM
Imagine being a DC and just being able to know the play call 1/10 times by the package and being able to blitz as much as you want without ever worrying about a screen pass lol

Must be an easy week to plan.

BigLakeBison
12-17-2023, 12:05 AM

You’re still on the spectrum. Be sure to use lube when you give ML a handy.

Kevin
12-17-2023, 12:06 AM
Embarrassing play call at that moment when they shoved it all OT.

Game was lost on false starts, a couple missed long balls, and some key drops. And getting it shoved up their a** in OT.

Blaming the refs is a loser mentality.

Refs gave us 30 yards in the most important drive too

1998braves64
12-17-2023, 12:07 AM
Refs sucked but we sucked more so pretty sure SDSU will take Montana to the woodshed because as soon as McDowell has to start passing it'll be open season for SDSU defense.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

NDSUstudent
The refs didn't call that play or let the Griz slice through our defense. They were bad but we lost the game on our own.

Smokeyburnout
You’re still on the spectrum. Be sure to use lube when you give ML a handy.

Thank you for saving me from having to call out this out.

Alsen
12-17-2023, 12:08 AM
A well coached Bison team with all this talent would have won this game in a blowout.

Kevin
You have two killers at qb. 2 rb that hadn’t been stopped in a quarter. And you throw the ball with raja fucking Nelson

Bisonwinagn
Yeah, same deal after every loss.

If NDSU could have gone two plays in a row on offense without a penalty or drop, that's a win. The Bison OL was destroying their defensive line, and the only times they stopped the inside run (but 1) was when Montana's outside guys got to our runner before the runner got to the LoS.

Also, since Cam didn't ever seem to have a short option when pressure was coming, I thought those were set up for him to take off running, but Montana did a good job on that.

Yes so let’s run a halfback pass because nothing else was working.

NDSU18
As much as Entz and Roehl have taken heat the last couple years (and rightfully so) the front 7 of our defense the last couple years has not been good enough

Bison4peat
12-17-2023, 12:10 AM
It is looking like we won't have a coach or any players next year. Buy low now on how much entertainment value this will create.

BigLakeBison
12-17-2023, 12:11 AM
A well coached Bison team with all this talent would have won this game in a blowout.

Yep. Ten char.

KSBisonFan
I think we all saw this wasn't a championship caliber team at multiple points during the season. Today's result is disappointing, but not surprising.

Poor tackling, penalties, and bad defense and we still got further than I expected. Add in the coaching change, and it’s unlike championship seasons.

New HC better be active in the portal.

gabisonfan
Cam's tenure to date feels underwhelming, undoubtedly not fair to him. He is unquestionably a fine human being. Perhaps, when the dust settles there will still be football that's recognizable. He drew the short straw when it comes to outside distractions.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-17-2023, 12:14 AM
This. I really thought it was a huge mistake when he was appointed OC. He's a meathead.

El_Chapo
CAM missed 2 wide open WR TDS' ... NDSU couldve been up 14

jcdcubs
How many Bison players enter the portal tomorrow or early this week?

DAS BISON
12-17-2023, 12:15 AM

💯 agreed, and the pee wee football OC calling guy eh?

EndZoneQB
NDSU getting absolutely dragged on twitter by talking heads for the PAT call. Anyone defending it at this point is just being a contrarian for the sake of it.

BigLakeBison
Cam's tenure to date feels underwhelming, undoubtedly not fair to him. He is unquestionably a fine human being. Perhaps, when the dust settles there will still be football that's recognizable. He drew the short straw when it comes to outside distractions.

I think playing for NDSU is the opposite of drawing the short straw. Some people rise to the occasion and some don’t. Cam is a really good football player but to date he is not a great football player because he gets bested by his equals.

56BISON73
12-17-2023, 12:16 AM
Refs sucked but we sucked more so pretty sure SDSU will take Montana to the woodshed because as soon as McDowell has to start passing it'll be open season for SDSU defense.

# 8 from Montana pulled our receiver down on the last play and a zebra was right there.

HerdBot
12-17-2023, 12:17 AM
Congrats to Montana. They got a little lucky but they are a good team. The homefield was the difference

Defense was great for 4 quarters but didnt play OT

Offense shot themselves in the foot repeatedly

Most agree we should have went for 2 with 50 seconds left

Roehl had a few brilliant calls but cant stick with the run. Montana's entire D is designed to stop the short passing game. We were moving their defense back too. He just cant stick with it. We ran for 400 vs them a year ago

That last play was fucking retarded

With someone with a Polasek mindset we win the game

With that being said, hire Polasek. Time for a new ERA

unbison
12-17-2023, 12:18 AM
# 8 from Montana pulled our receiver down on the last play and a zebra was right there.

If you let the refs control the outcome of the game you have not done your job

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
These zebras weren't officials, they were clowns. They "missed" several violations on Montana, like the motion on the FG The 5 yard penalty would put them out of range. And on and on.

Kevin
NDSU getting absolutely dragged on twitter by talking heads for the PAT call. Anyone defending it at this point is just being a contrarian for the sake of it.

It’s a bad call in any situation.

5 min after they ran the same play and it’s unforgivable

EndZoneQB
12-17-2023, 12:19 AM
If you let the refs control the outcome of the game you have not done your job

Yep, refs were bad, but they were not the reason we lost. And realistically, the calls on us were deserved.

garbageman
12-17-2023, 12:20 AM
Fire the coaching staff and hire 5-6 guys from bisonville we will be undefeated. They have never lost a game

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-17-2023, 12:20 AM
Yep, refs were bad, but they were not the reason we lost. And realistically, the calls on us were deserved.

Yep, it was the non calls on Montana that were the most egregious.

slips
12-17-2023, 12:23 AM
Imagine being a DC and just being able to know the play call 1/10 times by the package and being able to blitz as much as you want without ever worrying about a screen pass lol

Must be an easy week to plan.

This....100000%, how can you not have a counter to all out blitzes all year long. Just poor coaching...screen game was a staple of success in teams past. At least the threat of it keeps defenses at bay.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-17-2023, 12:23 AM
Just where the hell were these officials out of????

land grant bison
12-17-2023, 12:25 AM
Like most matchups, the home field made a huge difference in the game. neutral field and I think NDSU wins by 10. While penalties were one sided, it certainly wasn’t the refs. The false starts were just killer. Missed long throws on open receivers downfield once too many. Ugh, this team was playing really hot and had what it takes to get to Frisco. I’m very proud at how they responded to the early season losses. I think the team matured big time as the season progressed. WR leaders developing. Defense playing WAY better. Man, the season just felt like it abruptly ended. Coaching staff doesn’t need to be purged or anything like that. That is a big time over reaction. But what they do need is a complete rededication/commitment to excellence.

I hope the griz win in Frisco, but I think they’ll lose by 17+ because I think this jack team is on par with our 2013 team. Not saying they’re better than that 2013 team, but we didn’t get challenged all year after k-state and Uni that season. Likewise, sdsu hasn't really been challenged. think sdsu has too strong of o line, QB, RB, WR to be beat…but it would be glorious to see them humbled and then routed by the transfer portal…but it ain’t happening.

mtoutfitter
12-17-2023, 12:25 AM

Probably quite a few cause it's gonna be Polasek. Larsen will leave too.

KSBisonFan
12-17-2023, 12:26 AM
Remember, had we showed up against UND and USD 1, we are likely hosting the Griz in the Dome. I have no doubt we beat them by 10+ points.

The coaches and team put themselves in this position. Don't lose to Bubba and the Coyotes, and there's just slightly less bitching on Bisonville tonight.

KSBisonFan
12-17-2023, 12:27 AM

Oak Hills Christian.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-17-2023, 12:28 AM
Whatever one thinks of the incompetence or quality of the coaching staff, one thing that can't be argued is their non-ability to recruit. This bison team has got to be the slowest unit in the last 10 years...at least.

NDSUBowler
12-17-2023, 12:28 AM

Must have been SoCon since the coin they flipped had the SoCon logo on it..

56BISON73
12-17-2023, 12:30 AM

True we had a lot of penalties. But go back and watch that play. That wasnt a little hand hand play. But he never should have thrown it. Not to mention the play never should have been called. KISS Keep it simple Stupid

BigLakeBison
12-17-2023, 12:30 AM
Fire the coaching staff and hire 5-6 guys from bisonville we will be undefeated. They have never lost a game

More garbage from garbageman. You and Bison08 can go play 7 min in heaven with ML on the bud ride home. If you do a good job of standing up for him on bidonvilke he might even reach under your shirt.

EndZoneQB
12-17-2023, 12:33 AM
More garbage from garbageman. You and Bison08 can go play 7 min in heaven with ML on the bud ride home. If you do a good job of standing up for him on bidonvilke he might even reach under your shirt.

These two are going to lose their shit when ML walks too

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-17-2023, 12:34 AM
Cam missing that TD on the first possession. That overthrow was a pattern for him all game.

BiZon22
12-17-2023, 12:36 AM
Go Jacks… [emoji2961] I have zero respect for Montana or their fans. Have never had a good encounter with one

BigLakeBison
12-17-2023, 12:37 AM
These two are going to lose their shit when ML walks too

ML I believe is the start and end of NDSU’s troubles. Chapo spews a lot of shit but he is right about ML. He’s an empty suit that would have a tough time surviving McDonalds management training. And that’s probably an insult to McDonalds managers.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-17-2023, 12:37 AM
Exactly, they are first class assholes!! Will be fun to see the Jacks pound them.

norm4life
12-17-2023, 12:39 AM
Worst NDSU team in many years, plays crappy in National Semifinal game, with stupid playcalling, drops, dumb penalties, and still... almost wins the game. Can we leave the FCS already?

On the plus side, maybe this helps get more FBS games on the schedule. Probably not, but a guy can dream.

And please, no more meatheads. That last play was probably brought to you by the same dumb fucks that did that swinging gate nonsense of last year.

heckler
12-17-2023, 12:41 AM
Go Jacks… [emoji2961] I have zero respect for Montana or their fans. Have never had a good encounter with one

Jacks are the worst fan base by far. We had drinks poured on us at a basketball game. Jacks can go fck themselves or their pigs whatever they are into these days.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
12-17-2023, 12:41 AM
Play call on the PAT was a really, really bad coaching decision. Other than that I thought the play calling was pretty decent. The execution was at times poor. Our running backs are not that good. Missing the wide open lane. What really killed us was the drive killing false start penalties. Those penalties killed at least 4 drives where we had the momentum. They have a very elusive QB who extended many plays were he should have been dead to rights. This game was between two evenly matched teams and it played out as such.

In the end it really doesn't matter who won this game. SDSU is light years better than us and UM. The grizzlies are going to run into a buzz saw in Frisco.

23Bison
12-17-2023, 12:42 AM
Worst NDSU team in many years, plays crappy in National Semifinal game, with stupid playcalling, drops, dumb penalties, and still... almost wins the game. Can we leave the FCS already?

On the plus side, maybe this helps get more FBS games on the schedule. Probably not, but a guy can dream.

And please, no more meatheads. That last play was probably brought to you by the same dumb fucks that did that swinging gate nonsense of last year.

That first paragraph is spot on!!! “DOWN YEAR”!!! I’m genuinely surprised they even made it to the pplayoffs after the 3 losses.

mtoutfitter
12-17-2023, 12:42 AM
Cam missing that TD on the first possession. That overthrow was a pattern for him all game.

Yes it was a pattern. Not trying to make excuses for him but I think his ribs are still bothering him. Saw him reach for and rub them several times during the game.

NDSUBowler
12-17-2023, 12:45 AM
Jacks are the worst fan base by far. We had drinks poured on us at a basketball game. Jacks can go fck themselves or their pigs whatever they are into these days.

Truth. Lol thinking Jacks fans are classier than anyone. True scum fans. I have never had a pleasant experience at a game in Brookings.

BiZon22
12-17-2023, 12:46 AM

You’re right… fuck I hate em both…

Bisonator98
12-17-2023, 12:48 AM
Made it farther then I thought after the UND game. Should have won today but ultimately we probably shouldn't have even been playing today.

MinotBison
12-17-2023, 12:50 AM

Who will be the first to enter the portal?

23Bison
12-17-2023, 12:51 AM

Zabel will be number 1

td577
12-17-2023, 12:52 AM
Of all the stupid shit that happened during the game aside, the PAT could have still extended the game. The griz defense was completely out of it at the last part of the 4th quarter and the overtime attempts. I don't care if all you do is show power, you have to have them committed to power football there. I actually think you just run it with Cole but if you aren't looking like you are going to, it is just getting too cute.

You are a power football team. Live or die by power football.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

KyleK
12-17-2023, 12:52 AM

I believe the Southern Conference. The referee referenced it during the coin flip in OT. Or he just carries around a So Con coin. 🤷🏽

DAS BISON
12-17-2023, 12:56 AM
Yes it was a pattern. Not trying to make excuses for him but I think his ribs are still bothering him. Saw him reach for and rub them several times during the game.

Let the excuses begin for Scam Miller. D1 football can’t miss open receivers 3 times that are 5+ yards open. That being said he wasn’t even the cause of loss. No identity with the Entz/Roehl regime.

EC8CH
12-17-2023, 12:58 AM
Let the excuses begin for Scam Miller

Played well but had a couple of huge over throws though. Had a couple clutch throws receivers missed too. Plenty of mistakes all around that allowed them to let this one slip away.

EC8CH
12-17-2023, 01:01 AM
Zabel will be number 1

Lotta $$$$_

Hard to blame the young men with money like that getting thrown at them.

23Bison
12-17-2023, 01:03 AM
I’m really not looking forward to these next couple weeks. Fingers crossed it won’t be that bad.

Bisonator98
12-17-2023, 01:03 AM

At this point I couldn't care less. We need some personnel changes next season anyway

THEsocalledfan
12-17-2023, 01:04 AM
Great season, but that had to be the most boneheaded things I've ever seen.

SoCalBison
12-17-2023, 01:04 AM
1. Playcalls were off most of the day. 2nd and 22 (or 26?) and you run inside? The final conversion attempt was just the worst of the them.
2. Cam was off. Yes, his ribs were obviously bothering him, which seemed to affect his throwing.
3. With luck, Roehl will be out of the running. If not, we have years of this crap ahead.
4. The 3 consecutive road games caught up with the players and coaches.
5. We made it farther than I expected in this reloading year.
6. Good luck to Entz in the land of sunshine, wildfires, drought, earthquakes and mudslides.
7. Thank you Bison for another season.
8. Go Bison!

semobison
12-17-2023, 01:05 AM

I was at the game today. I had multiple encounters with some great hospitable Griz fans. Maybe it’s you!

NI4NI
12-17-2023, 01:10 AM
On a positive note, this is the first time the Bison have been done in December since 2016.

Bison20
12-17-2023, 01:12 AM

He has to be a great coach, he bleeds bison. If you bleed bison you can’t be bad

Kevin
12-17-2023, 01:13 AM
He has to be a great coach, he bleeds bison. If you bleed bison you can’t be bad

Special team and linebacker production says he’s not a great coach.

bruinbison
12-17-2023, 01:15 AM
Another view of the the last play of the game
end zone angle

Shaun Rainey
@ShaunRainey

So many people talking penalty or not. All I’ll say is…in double OT when you run a trick play with someone other than a QB throwing the ball the likelihood of getting a call is slim to none

https://x.com/ShaunRainey/status/1736197096254890401?s=20

Bison20
12-17-2023, 01:16 AM
Special team and linebacker production says he’s not a great coach.

That was meant to be purple. The play by those units have been really atrocious since he took over. My point was people believe that since they were great players they are great coaches.

Kevin
12-17-2023, 01:19 AM
That was meant to be purple. The play by those units have been really atrocious since he took over. My point was people believe that since they were great players they are great coaches.

I fall into that camp. I give “our guys” too much rope. But it’s all run out for grant this year.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-17-2023, 01:19 AM
"Good luck to Entz in the land of sunshine, wildfires, drought, earthquakes and mudslides."

And crime and nutcases.

Kevin
12-17-2023, 01:20 AM
"Good luck to Entz in the land of sunshine, wildfires, drought, earthquakes and mudslides."

And crime and nutcases.

Taxation.

(ten)

NDSUstudent
12-17-2023, 01:20 AM

And crime and nutcases.

You forgot taxes

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-17-2023, 01:21 AM
Yeah, the list can go on and on.

bruinbison
12-17-2023, 01:23 AM
Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison

Zabel will be number 1

Lotta $$$$_

Hard to blame the young men with money like that getting thrown at them.

Will be interesting to see if it is a package deal with Zabel’s younger brother, the high school TE.
iirc Cole Wisniewski was saying the 250k number was low as compared to the real number. What if two players are involved???

Jim Puetz
12-17-2023, 01:24 AM

You shouldn't have to hate to say that, he gets paid to be good at his job at a great program and he has put an abomination on the field all year long. Every aspect of special teams sucked. Yeah, Steiny's fake punt was awesome, and Price's punt return last weekend was great, but for much of the season, our special teams were horrible. If he wants to be a coach for a living, he needs to improve his performance.

unbison
12-17-2023, 01:25 AM
Will be interesting to see if it is a package deal with Zabel’s younger brother, the high school TE.
iirc Cole Wisniewski was saying the 250k number was low as compared to the real number. What if two players are involved???

Seems. His number keeps growing

KyleK
12-17-2023, 01:25 AM

Do you know where they are going? Guess I’ve missed the talk about it

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-17-2023, 01:26 AM
Leave it to the NCAA to fuck things up, populated by imbeciles. I suppose it's their way of bringing 'parity' to FCS. They fucked DII up that same way.

Kevin
12-17-2023, 01:26 AM
Do you know where they are going? Guess I’ve missed the talk about it

Kansas state was the early rumor.

heffray
12-17-2023, 01:27 AM
On the one hand, I did not expect to be in a situation where I feel like we *should* have won the semifinal game on the road… surprised we made it that far after the UND game. Not a bad result for our worst team in 14 years.

On the other hand…

To everyone playing the “let’s not overreact here” card… I have one question: What is the appropriate reaction when you have a head coaching decision coming up that will also likely impact portal decisions and general program direction?

We’re not overreacting, we’re acting appropriately.

barnwintersportsengelstad
12-17-2023, 01:27 AM
Congratulations to a strong push in later part of this season.

EndZoneQB
12-17-2023, 01:28 AM

Also what I've heard. Zabel's GF plays volleyball at KSU too.

MankatoBison
12-17-2023, 01:29 AM

I’m trying to be as level headed as humanly possible when I say. Montana is legitimately not good lol. The effort factor is high, there’s no doubt about it, but virtually 100% of their successful plays were Johnny manziel backyard football, chicken with your head cut off, couldn’t replicate it if they had to, bullshit. Their lines on both sides of the ball were getting rag dolled aaaaaall day (except for their Oline in OT)

Their entire victory relied on flukey looney toons style, silent movie comedy moments lol. Their 2pt conversion, the PI against Raja, the 9 penalties vs 2, literally had to have every single star align in perfect harmony to squeak by, by the skin of their teeth.

Let’s put it this way, SDSU no longer needs to practice, at all, for the natty. Cannot imagine the sheer sense of relief they feel Knowing they will play a high school team In the natty.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
12-17-2023, 01:30 AM
WOW, what a horseshit no-call. Could have changes the outcome of the game.

Kevin
Also what I've heard. Zabel's GF plays volleyball at KSU too.

Still crazy that her name is Kanye.

KyleK

Thanks. Sure gonna be an interesting few weeks

Grizzled
On the one hand, I did not expect to be in a situation where I feel like we *should* have won the semifinal game on the road… surprised we made it that far after the UND game. Not a bad result for our worst team in 14 years.

On the other hand…

To everyone playing the “let’s not overreact here” card… I have one question? What is the appropriate reaction when you have a head coaching decision coming up that will also likely impact portal decisions and general program direction?

Exactly. I don’t see this as a “reloading” year. Talent level continues to decline. High end talent likely leaves and we are going to be like every other team bringing in a bunch of kids to fill holes and hoping they mesh.

Grizzled
12-17-2023, 01:31 AM

On the other hand…

To everyone playing the “let’s not overreact here” card… I have one question? What is the appropriate reaction when you have a head coaching decision coming up that will also likely impact portal decisions and general program direction?

Exactly. I don’t see this as a “reloading” year. Talent level continues to decline. High end talent likely leaves and we are going to be like every other team bringing in a bunch of kids to fill holes and hoping they mesh.

Grizzled
12-17-2023, 01:40 AM
Another view of the the last play of the game
end zone angle

https://x.com/ShaunRainey/status/1736197096254890401?s=20

I’d have to lean on our officiating posters. If TE engages like a run play to sell the run, can you throw the flag when the DB treats it as such and could say they are “getting off the block”. Tough call to make as an official at that point.

56BISON73
12-17-2023, 01:41 AM
Just sold my Natty tickets as soon as I listed them.

thunderingherd
12-17-2023, 01:42 AM
Great run by the fellas after the und game. Had a bunch of chances in hostile territory today. Now it’ll get interesting.

MankatoBison
12-17-2023, 01:43 AM
Also how awful was the actual Broadcast today? I mean holy crap, neither commentator said our name right, not even once. They kept talking about how dominant the Griz were on the LOS, and I was like… wut????? Wut game are you watching???

Additionally, the director would cut to the LOS camera with less than 3 seconds on the play clock every fricken snap. Literally missed 4-5 plays. There were so many bad camera takes, or missed question from the director, it made me want to gouge my eyes out.

And before anyone says “what do you know bout this??” I used to work in sports broadcasting with fox sports and ESPN, so I’m not blowing smoke (for once)

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-17-2023, 01:45 AM
I’d have to lean on our officiating posters. If TE engages like a run play to sell the run, can you throw the flag when the DB treats it as such and could say they are “getting off the block”. Tough call to make as an official at that point.

The Montana player was far more athletic than the clumsy Bison.

Bisonator98
12-17-2023, 01:46 AM
Also how awful was the actual Broadcast today? I mean holy crap, neither commentator said our name right, not even once. They kept talking about how dominant the Griz were on the LOS, and I was like… wut????? Wut game are you watching???

Additionally, the director would cut to the LOS camera with less than 3 seconds on the play clock every fricken snap. Literally missed 4-5 plays. There were so many bad camera takes, or missed question from the director, it made me want to gouge my eyes out.

And before anyone says “what do you know bout this??” I used to work in sports broadcasting with fox sports and ESPN, so I’m not blowing smoke (for once)

Yes one of the worst espn broadcasts I've seen that company has gone to shit

EC8CH
12-17-2023, 01:46 AM

Thanks twat waffle.

Hammerhead
12-17-2023, 01:47 AM
We almost watched the 2nd half in silence. It's too hard to sync the radio broadcast with Midco's cloud DVR so we gave up trying to listen and watch. It seems like every other ESPN announcer mentions multiple times that it is Bizon, not "bye son" except for these jokers.

JCEE1990
12-17-2023, 01:48 AM
Can we just remember the gold days of the original Bison dynasty? And BTW, I’ve always wondered what the oddest score in football that has ever occurred.

THEsocalledfan
12-17-2023, 01:50 AM
Seriously, you are not going to get a call on a trick play with game on the line. Give it a rest.

56BISON73
12-17-2023, 01:50 AM
Yes one of the worst espn broadcasts I've seen that company has gone to shit

On the radio the talking head said that Steindorf had to go in to the tank to get those yards on the fake punt. Im thinking---hes the punter why was he so tired???? LOL LOL

HerdBot
12-17-2023, 01:52 AM

On the other hand…

To everyone playing the “let’s not overreact here” card… I have one question: What is the appropriate reaction when you have a head coaching decision coming up that will also likely impact portal decisions and general program direction?

Matt Entz clearly cant recruit to the level of Bohl or Klieman. He doesnt have a good record with the transfer portal either. No reason to believe Roehl will be an elite recruiter. Hire Polasek. He's been gone for 7 years and has likely improved with stops in Wyoming and Iowa

Hammerhead
12-17-2023, 01:53 AM

Congrats on the extra weeks in the weight room after choking in round 1 again.

ndsubison1
12-17-2023, 01:54 AM
Last 8 or so weeks have been fun. Congrats to 2023 Bison for a year that 100+ other teams would die for.

Congrats to the Griz. Well played. Go kill some bunnies.

Next page>

Hope they both lose

56BISON73
12-17-2023, 01:54 AM
Matt Entz clearly cant recruit to the level of Bohl or Klieman. He doesnt have a good record with the transfer portal either. No reason to believe Roehl will be an elite recruiter. Hire Polasek. He's been gone for 7 years and has likely improved with stops in Wyoming and Iowa

:praying::praying::praying::praying::praying::pray ing::praying:

ndsubison1
12-17-2023, 01:55 AM
I've been critical of Entz & Roehl as much as the next guy, but wow, the refs really made sure that Montana was advancing today. horrific performance by the stripes.

Pretty evident. We still had that one though.

Snowgoose
12-17-2023, 01:56 AM

The good thing is he really got to learn from the potent Iowa offense.

Bison4peat
12-17-2023, 01:56 AM
Great run by the fellas after the und game. Had a bunch of chances in hostile territory today. Now it’ll get interesting.

Nobody is going to feel bad for the Bison. FCS is never going to generate a high end TV contract. It does not mean you can't watch it or enjoy it. Remember this is about using people's passions to generate revenue.

heckler
12-17-2023, 01:58 AM

I hope so because I can't get the JMU game out of my head.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
The NCAA has screwed the FCS, time to move up.

ndsubison1

They threw a coke at me before the dynasty happened.

barnwintersportsengelstad
12-17-2023, 01:59 AM
Thanks.

A lot of fans on social media blaming the slip on poor seeding.
Should of purchased crop insurance?

mtoutfitter
12-17-2023, 02:00 AM
I wonder if Entz thought about going for 2 after the first OT touchdown? There was some momentum there. Edit....meant after the TD in regular play.

BigHorns
12-17-2023, 02:02 AM

NCAA has screwed sports in general.
Its all pretty fucked up now. G5 are getting slaughtered too.

Bison4peat
12-17-2023, 02:03 AM

Power 4.lulz

gavin2126
12-17-2023, 02:06 AM
Just sold my Natty tickets as soon as I listed them.For how much?

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

BigLakeBison
12-17-2023, 02:18 AM
I’m trying to be as level headed as humanly possible when I say. Montana is legitimately not good lol. The effort factor is high, there’s no doubt about it, but virtually 100% of their successful plays were Johnny manziel backyard football, chicken with your head cut off, couldn’t replicate it if they had to, bullshit. Their lines on both sides of the ball were getting rag dolled aaaaaall day (except for their Oline in OT)

Their entire victory relied on flukey looney toons style, silent movie comedy moments lol. Their 2pt conversion, the PI against Raja, the 9 penalties vs 2, literally had to have every single star align in perfect harmony to squeak by, by the skin of their teeth.

Let’s put it this way, SDSU no longer needs to practice, at all, for the natty. Cannot imagine the sheer sense of relief they feel Knowing they will play a high school team In the natty.

That’s the most deflating thing for me. The FCS currently has 1 team that is G5 caliber and that is SDSU. The rest is varying levels of mediocre. And we couldn’t rise to the top of that. It’s what makes me sad as an NDSU fan. We are supposed to be high G5 level with the potential to knock off the P4. We are exactly what we are labeled, an upper echelon FCS team. Before we were a top 30 college football program. Fuck off ML. I hope you get shot by the tshirt cannon.

BisonEngrGirl
12-17-2023, 02:33 AM
That’s the most deflating thing for me. The FCS currently has 1 team that is G5 caliber and that is SDSU. The rest is varying levels of mediocre. And we couldn’t rise to the top of that. It’s what makes me sad as an NDSU fan. We are supposed to be high G5 level with the potential to knock off the P4. We are exactly what we are labeled, an upper echelon FCS team. Before we were a top 30 college football program. Fuck off ML. I hope you get shot by the tshirt cannon.

“I hope you get shot by the tshirt cannon” made me laugh out loud. I needed that, thanks!

Bisonator98
12-17-2023, 02:43 AM
“I hope you get shot by the tshirt cannon” made me laugh out loud. I needed that, thanks!

Not sure that would even hurt that things pretty worthless haha

56BISON73
12-17-2023, 02:48 AM
For how much?

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

I listed them for 120.00 on the AXS site and they were gone immeadiatly. ont know if AXS bought them or a fan. Dont care. :D Other ticket are listed for 3-4-5 hundred.
Think there is some manipulation going on.

Hammerhead
12-17-2023, 02:52 AM
I listed them for 120.00 on the AXS site and they were gone immeadiatly. ont know if AXS bought them or a fan. Dont care. :D Other ticket are listed for 3-4-5 hundred.
Think there is some manipulation going on.

Last year tickets were going for at least $600 at midfield up high. You probably could have gotten more since SDSU fans waiting to win the semi bought tickets already with big demand from Montana today.

56BISON73
12-17-2023, 02:56 AM
Last year tickets were going for at least $600 at midfield up high. You probably could have gotten more since SDSU fans waiting to win the semi bought tickets already with big demand from Montana today.

My tickets were down by the 5 but up high on the main deck. I tried to list them for 100 but the lowest they would let me list them for was 120.00. Which I will get 101.00 after fees.

LefseBison
12-17-2023, 03:18 AM

I do not doubt they will be relieved of an almost certain victory but what does that say about the FCS competition that so many teams are crappy or inconsistent. SDSU may be very good but they don't have much competition. Someday they may be dealing with the portal and Jackrabbits fatigue. Mark my words.

I despise the Jacks. No class. Juvenile with their horns down. Even if we are not there in Frisco this year, they will probably still do "horns down."

:pan:

Twincitybizon
12-17-2023, 03:18 AM
1. Cam - bad day to have a bad day. Missed to many open guys and took some bad sacks.

2. Execution - drops, overthrows, low kicks, low snaps, 6 false starts, delay of game. ML is a better man than me. I might have been pressured to name TR as the guy yesterday. But I think the right thing to do is bring in outside eyes. We need help.

3. We don't win big games because the o steps up over and over. We win because the d gets stops when it matters. They could not in ot. Tackling and athleticism were lacking.

5. We adjust in game too slow. I thought (and I think the coaches did too) we'd have to pass more to be successful. We ran pretty well early in the game. Need to stick with it more. Evident really on

Really proud of the effort put forth by the guys

TAILG8R
12-17-2023, 03:21 AM
Neither team played well. We happened to lay worse than them and made the wrong call on the 2 pt attempt.

I still think we should have gone for 2 the first OT. As long as it wouldn’t have been that abortion of a play call.

No_Skill
12-17-2023, 03:22 AM
I do not doubt they will be relieved of an almost certain victory but what does that say about the FCS competition that so many teams are crappy or inconsistent. SDSU may be very good but they don't have much competition. Someday they may be dealing with the portal and Jackrabbits fatigue. Mark my words.

I despise the Jacks. No class. Juvenile with their horns down. Even if we are not there in Frisco this year, they will probably still do "horns down."

Put yourself in their shoes. Having to play second fiddle to us for a decade has got to do mental harm.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-17-2023, 03:23 AM
You have to realize the SDSU fans became extremely frustrated and jealous of the Bison dominance. They are still showing their jealousy.

EndZoneQB
12-17-2023, 03:33 AM
Neither team played well. We happened to lay worse than them and made the wrong call on the 2 pt attempt.

I still think we should have gone for 2 the first OT. As long as it wouldn’t have been that abortion of a play call.

I wanted the 2pt on the 1st OT as well. I felt like it was a way to put them on their heels when we had momentum. Obviously that's not the winning play, but that's going for the jugular when you have the chance.

ndsubison1
12-17-2023, 03:33 AM
1. Cam - bad day to have a bad day. Missed to many open guys and took some bad sacks.

2. Execution - drops, overthrows, low kicks, low snaps, 6 false starts, delay of game. ML is a better man than me. I might have been pressured to name TR as the guy yesterday. But I think the right thing to do is bring in outside eyes. We need help.

3. We don't win big games because the o steps up over and over. We win because the d gets stops when it matters. They could not in ot. Tackling and athleticism were lacking.

5. We adjust in game too slow. I thought (and I think the coaches did too) we'd have to pass more to be successful. We ran pretty well early in the game. Need to stick with it more. Evident really on

Really proud of the effort put forth by the guys

Some big missed throws from Cam. Also some big missed drops. Defense played good enough in regulation, not good enough in OTs. Too many penalties and just kick the ball OOB vs Bergen. I thought we had it after the Payton TD. Amazing we almost had it after all that. The defense needs to get better. Tackling was off, angles were poor too often. Hope we can retain most of the guys expected to be back, especially both Cam and Cole.

heffray
12-17-2023, 03:47 AM
I wanted the 2pt on the 1st OT as well. I felt like it was a way to put them on their heels when we had momentum. Obviously that's not the winning play, but that's going for the jugular when you have the chance.

I would have gone for 2 when we scored the TD with less than a minute to go in regulation.

EndZoneQB
12-17-2023, 03:48 AM
I would have gone for 2 when we scored the TD with less than a minute to go in regulation.

I didn't like that, if there were less time absolutely. They had plenty of time to try to kick a FG to win.

heffray
12-17-2023, 03:52 AM
I didn't like that, if there were less time absolutely. They had plenty of time to try to kick a FG to win.

Yeah hindsight is 20/20 but i felt like our D had a good handle on things in the 4th.

MontBison
12-17-2023, 04:30 AM
They threw a coke at me before the dynasty happened.

Ha that’s nothing. Hando got his clock cleaned by a hamburger at KState

56BISON73
12-17-2023, 04:33 AM
Ha that’s nothing. Hando got his clock cleaned by a hamburger at KState

Really??? Wife and I went to Chipotle and the manager came out and talked to us plus bought our meal.

MontBison
12-17-2023, 04:35 AM

Wasn’t that long ago that we were a legit top 20 team in the country. That’s why I’m thankful Entz is leaving. The new hire might be a bust but we are only a top 15 FCs team with Entz which isn’t acceptable. He didn’t raise the bar.

HerdBot
12-17-2023, 04:37 AM

Their QB is a mediocre passer and our defense was lights out in the 2nd half. Also the kicker shorted a 40 yarder. It was an easy decision

Although Roehl probaby does a stupid play call like a flea flicker and we lose, so I changed my mind

MontBison
12-17-2023, 04:38 AM
Really??? Wife and I went to Chipotle and the manager came out and talked to us plus bought our meal.

Yea in the tailgate lot. Someone legit threw a fucking hamburger and dicked him in the face. One of the all time moments in bison history. Might only be topped by the drive.

Professor Chaos
12-17-2023, 04:40 AM
Wasn’t that long ago that we were a legit top 20 team in the country. That’s why I’m thankful Entz is leaving. The new hire might be a bust but we are only a top 15 FCs team with Entz which isn’t acceptable. He didn’t raise the bar.
If you were expecting the bar to raised after Klieman left you would've been disappointed with practically anybody. The Entz/Roehl/Larsen haters will all be happy soon as it seems unlikely any of them are still here by this time next year. Be careful what you wish for...

EC8CH
12-17-2023, 04:40 AM

Agree totally... Too much time left to go for 2 there.

MontBison
12-17-2023, 04:44 AM
If you were expecting the bar to raised after Klieman left you would've been disappointed with practically anybody. The Entz/Roehl/Larsen haters will all be happy soon as it seems unlikely any of them are still here by this time next year. Be careful what you wish for...

Glad you’re ok with SDSU being daddy.

Professor Chaos
12-17-2023, 05:04 AM
Glad you’re ok with SDSU being daddy.
They've earned where they've gotten to. This seasons SDSU team would give any Klieman NDSU team a run for their money yet they too will have the inevitable downturn sooner or later.

Gully
12-17-2023, 05:10 AM
They've earned where they've gotten to. This seasons SDSU team would give any Klieman NDSU team a run for their money yet they too will have the inevitable downturn sooner or later.

They are really good, no doubt. However, they have been really good for a long time, but NDSU was just a bit better. This is on the lack of discipline of Entz and ultimately on Matt Larson.

Look at the specific sports and tell me which are better now than before Larson. WBB I'll give you is better. Overall we are definitely worse off. Look up "stuffed shirt" in the dictionary and you'll see his picture.

Professor Chaos
12-17-2023, 05:14 AM
They are really good, no doubt. However, they have been really good for a long time, but NDSU was just a bit better. This is on the lack of discipline of Entz and ultimately on Matt Larson.

Look at the specific sports and tell me which are better now than before Larson. WBB I'll give you is better. Overall we are definitely worse off. Look up "stuffed shirt" in the dictionary and you'll see his picture.
SDSU is better now than they ever were when Klieman was here. During the Klieman years they were always good for 1-2 headscratching regular season losses, even in the years that they beat NDSU, that doomed them to the same type of playoff route that NDSU had to navigate this year.

ndsubison1
12-17-2023, 05:16 AM
Do we beat Sdsu at home next season? After today, Im not so certain.

MontBison
12-17-2023, 06:01 AM
SDSU is better now than they ever were when Klieman was here. During the Klieman years they were always good for 1-2 headscratching regular season losses, even in the years that they beat NDSU, that doomed them to the same type of playoff route that NDSU had to navigate this year.

I know this sdsu team is so sick they’ve beaten 0 fbs teams in however many years and will have 0 guys drafted to the nfl.

HerdBot
12-17-2023, 06:26 AM
Do we beat Sdsu at home next season? After today, Im not so certain.

SDSU loses everyone next year. They will be worse. We will be better

BiZon22
12-17-2023, 07:48 AM

Will we? I’m afraid this is the best we’ll be for a long long time

NI4NI
12-17-2023, 11:01 AM

This.

I think we can improve in a few crucial areas, which is all it will take to win another Natty. Sure we'll lose some talent to attrition and the portal but the fresh talent will more than fill the voids.
I'm already excite for the Boulder game!

Let the Jacks enjoy this back to back run. It pales in comparison to our run, which is far from over! Re-load, rebuild and by mid-season we'll be hitting on all cylinders again.

SlickVic
12-17-2023, 12:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXdrTad664U

if weve reached a point where a team like this doesnt move the needle we got trouble right here in river city my friends----------if yesterday was intended as a job interview id say roehl & staff passed with flying colors as they will never come under that type of pressure again in there proffesional lives------as mangy would say count me in x 1000 for another chance to dance with this group they will go down as the GOATS in my book every last one of them

Grizzled
12-17-2023, 12:21 PM

Will they not have the same ability to fill through the portal we have?

jacks1
12-17-2023, 01:24 PM
Jacks fan here. The better team did not win yesterday. Play that game 10 times and Bison win 8, if not 9. Helluva run your program had for the last 100 years it seems lol. Nothing but respect here.

bruinbison
12-17-2023, 01:24 PM
I know this sdsu team is so sick they’ve beaten 0 fbs teams in however many years and will have 0 guys drafted to the nfl.

Why do you think the Jackrabbits will have 0 guys drafted to the NFL?

Bison20
12-17-2023, 01:28 PM

if weve reached a point where a team like this doesnt move the needle we got trouble right here in river city my friends----------if yesterday was intended as a job interview id say roehl & staff passed with flying colors as they will never come under that type of pressure again in there proffesional lives------as mangy would say count me in x 1000 for another chance to dance with this group they will go down as the GOATS in my book every last one of them

So losing and making lots of mistakes is passing with flying colors. Seems to me they didn’t have the team prepared mentally and missed the big plays that were there. Count me out as that passing an interview with flying colors. This team needs more discipline and that falls on the coaches.

HillsboroBison
12-17-2023, 01:29 PM
Waking up this morning I still can’t believe we gave their guy a returnable punt and basically won them the game. If we just kick it OB they don’t score the way our defense was playing that half. Special teams has been back breaker all year and cost us at the worst time.

Snowgoose
12-17-2023, 01:29 PM
[/B]

They have had a nice run of talent in the nfl. Yes we had two high qbs but they have had some really good te, lineman, and zenner played some years. They have been really good we were just great and let us not forget we had to have some great comebacks to win a few titles. I do not like sdsu but I teach my kids to respect all opponents.

Snowgoose
12-17-2023, 01:31 PM
Jacks fan here. The better team did not win yesterday. Play that game 10 times and Bison win 8, if not 9. Helluva run your program had for the last 100 years it seems lol. Nothing but respect here.

Thanks and I agree that’s why it was such a maddening game for me. Just everything went wrong to lose. I do believe u win handily.

DCinOK
12-17-2023, 01:33 PM
For 2 full years now we have watched Cole Payton enter a game and EVERYONE IN THE STADIUM KNOWS HE WILL RUN THE BALL. Can that be over? Please? I beg of you...of anyone.

KSBisonFan
12-17-2023, 01:37 PM

You guys will destroy the Griz by 3 scores or more. Enjoy Frisco, as much as it pains me to say that.

oldmantutters
12-17-2023, 01:38 PM
Waking up this morning I still can’t believe we gave their guy a returnable punt and basically won them the game. If we just kick it OB they don’t score the way our defense was playing that half. Special teams has been back breaker all year and cost us at the worst time.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI told my wife "that ain't gonna be good" as soon as the ball left his foot.

SlickVic
12-17-2023, 01:44 PM
So losing and making lots of mistakes is passing with flying colors. Seems to me they didn’t have the team prepared mentally and missed the big plays that were there. Count me out as that passing an interview with flying colors. This team needs more discipline and that falls on the coaches.

u been living under a rock this last week dude? ofcourse the team wasnt mentally prepared! all im saying is givin the circumstances in probably the most pressure packed situation i have ever seen these guys left it all on the line and thats more than i can say for matt larson-----------he had a chance to take the biggest chip on the table and bet it on these guys instead he passed and to me there is just no excuse for that

heffray
12-17-2023, 02:09 PM

TIL “horns down” is a sign of respect.

GreenfieldBison
12-17-2023, 02:14 PM
Junior Bergen is a 180 lb beast. We got enough in the NIL pot to get him to Fargo?

ndsubison1
12-17-2023, 02:15 PM
[/B]

I bet Davis gets drafted

ndsubison1
12-17-2023, 02:16 PM
Junior Bergen is a 180 lb beast. We got enough in the NIL pot to get him to Fargo?

He reminds me of Christian Watson. West Coast Power school would be smart to offer him

Bison20
12-17-2023, 02:23 PM
u been living under a rock this last week dude? ofcourse the team wasnt mentally prepared! all im saying is givin the circumstances in probably the most pressure packed situation i have ever seen these guys left it all on the line and thats more than i can say for matt larson-----------he had a chance to take the biggest chip on the table and bet it on these guys instead he passed and to me there is just no excuse for that

The whole entz era has been bad penalties and no discipline along with poor play calling in big games.

heckler
12-17-2023, 02:24 PM
If Polasek is getting announced today I would have to guess the other candidate(s) know. Is there a chance any of this affected the current coaches/team? I'm not saying a lot but enough to lose a close game in 2OT?

BigHorns
12-17-2023, 02:33 PM
If Polasek is getting announced today I would have to guess the other candidate(s) know. Is there a chance any of this affected the current coaches/team? I'm not saying a lot but enough to lose a close game in 2OT?

Quite possibly, I was wondering if all the psychological pressure also contributed in some fashion to the false starts, we had a bunch of those, even though the team practiced with noise.

I’m pretty convinced it is Polasek, not just because of rumors, but also because it would have been foolish to not announce TR sooner if he was the pick.

NI4NI
12-17-2023, 02:34 PM
I bet Davis gets drafted

I could see Mark Gronowski being a competent NFL backup QB

Snowgoose
12-17-2023, 02:34 PM
The whole entz era has been bad penalties and no discipline along with poor play calling in big games.

While I agree with u about penalties and other stupid play calling yesterday was not bad play calling except the last play. I know u r not saying this but let’s analyze yesterday’s game. We had a great play for a td in first quarter wide open missed by cam. Another huge and great play was blown up by a terrible offensive pass interference call which was like a 35 yard penalty. Two more good plays for tds cam misses. Those are all huge game changing plays potentially. Other stupid penalties ruined drives. Yesterday for th most part was not roehls fault.

ndsubison1
12-17-2023, 02:35 PM
I could see Mark Gronowski being a competent NFL backup QB

This as well he could easily be a 5th/6th rounder one day

TAILG8R
12-17-2023, 02:36 PM

They will have multiple guys in the nfl from this years team.

NI4NI
12-17-2023, 02:37 PM
The whole entz era has been bad penalties and no discipline

Glaring contrast with the Klieman era players. This 100% falls on coaching.

LefseBison
12-17-2023, 02:43 PM
Glaring contrast with the Klieman era players. This 100% falls on coaching.

Yes (and without starting a firestorm) we need coaches with an element of discipline and dare I say "toughness" and a no-nonsense attitude towards players. Penalties have been a massive problem this year, and I do not know what message the coaches are giving to the players because the penalties still continue to the very end of this season, especially yesterday's game.

The Rock
12-17-2023, 02:44 PM
Recorded the game and watched the last play several times…their DB threw Stoffel to the ground, then was all alone to make the interception, the back judge was standing there and made no call, did ESPN call them and say it’s time to move on to next game, terrible way to end the season.

LefseBison
12-17-2023, 02:45 PM
For 2 full years now we have watched Cole Payton enter a game and EVERYONE IN THE STADIUM KNOWS HE WILL RUN THE BALL. Can that be over? Please? I beg of you...of anyone.

We get it here. If you are appealing to coaching staff, falling on deaf ears. :pan:

HillsboroBison
12-17-2023, 02:46 PM
This as well he could easily be a 5th/6th rounder one day

I think he needs to transfer to an FBS school to really get draft attention. He’s good not great, more of a system QB.

ndsubison1
12-17-2023, 02:48 PM
Hauck said they knew that 2 point play was coming after the formation. Said we ran it last year.

HillsboroBison
12-17-2023, 02:49 PM
TIL “horns down” is a sign of respect.

Generally curious what they will do to “trash talk” the Griz now that their main trash talk won’t be there with “horns down”

ndsubison1
12-17-2023, 02:51 PM
I think he needs to transfer to an FBS school to really get draft attention. He’s good not great, more of a system QB.

I dont think so.

heffray
12-17-2023, 02:52 PM

One thing I thought of was tat if Roehl knew he was going to be HC, he may have decided to be on the field instead of up in the box. Maybe not though…

GreenfieldBison
12-17-2023, 02:54 PM
Generally curious what they will do to “trash talk” the Griz now that their main trash talk won’t be there with “horns down”

Guessing they'll go with "horns down"

heffray
12-17-2023, 02:54 PM

Agree with this.

heffray
12-17-2023, 02:55 PM

Guessing they'll go with "horns down"

My guess as well. So respectful. Nothing but respect.

GreenfieldBison
12-17-2023, 02:55 PM
One thing I thought of was tat if Roehl knew he was going to be HC, he may have decided to be on the field instead of up in the box. Maybe not though…
Not a chance heff.

heffray
12-17-2023, 02:56 PM
Not a chance heff.

It crossed my mind. You’re probably right.

Bison20
12-17-2023, 02:58 PM
While I agree with u about penalties and other stupid play calling yesterday was not bad play calling except the last play. I know u r not saying this but let’s analyze yesterday’s game. We had a great play for a td in first quarter wide open missed by cam. Another huge and great play was blown up by a terrible offensive pass interference call which was like a 35 yard penalty. Two more good plays for tds cam misses. Those are all huge game changing plays potentially. Other stupid penalties ruined drives. Yesterday for th most part was not roehls fault.

Like many have said, there was no threat to not blitz. No quick slants or rb screens to beat the blitz. We kept dropping back and ran longer timing routes. Also brought Payton in on 3rd and long for qb run, if you bring him in everyone knows what’s coming. He needed him to throw some to atleast keep them honest. Imagine trying to stop him knowing you can’t sell out on him running. Yes we did have some big plays that cam totally missed but still no adjustments to their blitz.

LefseBison
12-17-2023, 02:58 PM
This.

I think we can improve in a few crucial areas, which is all it will take to win another Natty. Sure we'll lose some talent to attrition and the portal but the fresh talent will more than fill the voids.
I'm already excite for the Boulder game!

Let the Jacks enjoy this back to back run. It pales in comparison to our run, which is far from over! Re-load, rebuild and by mid-season we'll be hitting on all cylinders again.

If they ever hit 9 national championships, then they can gloat. Otherwise, knock off the "horns down." A craw in my side for some reason.

GreenfieldBison
12-17-2023, 03:02 PM
It crossed my mind. You’re probably right.
It would be a radically different view of the field and he would have had to develop an immense trust in a new spotter for a very important game. Just no way.

Bisonator98
12-17-2023, 03:03 PM
If they ever hit 9 national championships, then they can gloat. Otherwise, knock off the "horns down." A craw in my side for some reason.

Just makes them look immature and like NDSU is in their heads. Kind of foolish really so must come naturally to them haha

NI4NI
12-17-2023, 03:10 PM

On contrare, I take it a badge of honor, knowing that while in their glory we are living rent-free in their heads! We are their 'big brother' that they aspire to emulate but know that it highly unlikely they will ever match our accomplishments. I'm flattered that we are what they want to be.

bulldogg
12-17-2023, 03:11 PM

You guys looked really good in the latter part of the season which is the best time to look really good.

FBS has been really fun and the Bison should be there, but I believe NIL and the portal are going to destroy it pretty quick. Our coach has been poached by the Big Ten (Indiana) who we can't compete with dollar-wise, our best players are in the portal, and some are refusing to play in our bowl game next weekend because they don't want to risk injury and damage to their "brand."

Many diehard college football fans, me included, expect next season to be the last one we will have any interest in. I am going to Ft. Worth next week for our bowl game and I regret spending the two grand I have already spent to go there because I really don't give a shit right now. A month ago we would have beaten Air Force by three or four touchdowns. Now, I don't know if we can beat them.

It seems like the dissolution of the PAC and other events west of the Mississippi would have created an FBS opening for the Bison somewhere. What he hell is up with the Mountain West? Why haven't they extended an invite? Probably because they know you would dominate the conference from the jump like JMU has done in the Sun Belt.

Wishing you all the merriest Christmas ever and the best of everything in 2024.

MNLonghorn10
12-17-2023, 03:27 PM
You guys looked really good in the latter part of the season which is the best time to look really good.

FBS has been really fun and the Bison should be there, but I believe NIL and the portal are going to destroy it pretty quick. Our coach has been poached by the Big Ten (Indiana) who we can't compete with dollar-wise, our best players are in the portal, and some are refusing to play in our bowl game next weekend because they don't want to risk injury and damage to their "brand."

Many diehard college football fans, me included, expect next season to be the last one we will have any interest in. I am going to Ft. Worth next week for our bowl game and I regret spending the two grand I have already spent to go there because I really don't give a shit right now. A month ago we would have beaten Air Force by three or four touchdowns. Now, I don't know if we can beat them.

It seems like the dissolution of the PAC and other events west of the Mississippi would have created an FBS opening for the Bison somewhere. What he hell is up with the Mountain West? Why haven't they extended an invite? Probably because they know you would dominate the conference from the jump like JMU has done in the Sun Belt.

Wish the top of fcs and the G5 can form some sub division. NIL and transfer portal along with conference realignment is destroying college football.

Fcs as of now is 2 Dakota schools and 2 Montana schools. Gone are the days of GSU, JMU, JSU, app etc to make things interesting and more importantly more national competition.

SlickVic
12-17-2023, 03:33 PM
Quite possibly, I was wondering if all the psychological pressure also contributed in some fashion to the false starts, we had a bunch of those, even though the team practiced with noise.

I’m pretty convinced it is Polasek, not just because of rumors, but also because it would have been foolish to not announce TR sooner if he was the pick.

this is what i was getting at i think theres a big difference between i need to catch this ball for a chance to go to frisco vs i need to catch this ball becuz if i dont who knows what will happen sort of thing ... and that blame goes all the way around starting with entz larson fan base you name it but the bottom line is alot of people are missing the trees in the forest with all the nit-picking the big picture is we have/had a rock solid bunch of guys who according to QB1 cam miller would die for each other out there & they were all kind of left to dry yesterday with the uncertainty

GreenfieldBison
12-17-2023, 03:47 PM

this is what i was getting at i think theres a big difference between i need to catch this ball for a chance to go to frisco vs i need to catch this ball becuz if i dont who knows what will happen sort of thing ... and that blame goes all the way around starting with entz larson fan base you name it but the bottom line is alot of people are missing the trees in the forest with all the nit-picking the big picture is we have/had a rock solid bunch of guys who according to QB1 cam miller would die for each other out there & they were all kind of left to dry yesterday with the uncertainty
I agree Slick but then watching Matt Entz in that presser I've got to believe he has been doing his utmost to help them through that. I 100% believe that while he might be looking forward to what comes next for him that it was not easy to leave Fargo and that he cares deeply for all those guys.

LefseBison
12-17-2023, 03:56 PM
On contrare, I take it a badge of honor, knowing that while in their glory we are living rent-free in their heads! We are their 'big brother' that they aspire to emulate but know that it highly unlikely they will ever match our accomplishments. I'm flattered that we are what they want to be.

I am just getting used to this "spread reputation feature" and I can't use it for a while until I spread reputation to someone else besides you (odd) so I will publicly PRAISE your comment. Little by little, I am digging myself out of the hole of yesterday's loss. :howdy:

Jackbacker
12-17-2023, 04:01 PM
At the risk of getting ran off the board, would anyone happen to have 4 tickets (preferably east side) for the championship game they would be willing to sell?

Gully
12-17-2023, 04:05 PM
At the risk of getting ran off the board, would anyone happen to have 4 tickets (preferably east side) for the championship game they would be willing to sell?

For some reason this made me literally LOL. I don't have any as I had very little confidence I would need them this year. So close but have to show up and make plays to get there.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
12-17-2023, 04:06 PM

Kind of like the students still say "Sioux Suck?"

Kevin
12-17-2023, 04:18 PM

I hope they don’t say that.

They should be saying Sioux suck shit.

Bisonator98
12-17-2023, 04:23 PM
I hope they don’t say that.

They should be saying Sioux suck shit.

This. Kids now days sheesh get it right!

LefseBison
12-17-2023, 04:26 PM

The students/'fans" who say Sioux Suck S." are no better but THEY have been taken to task by Administration! And they are in the gaping minority, I believe, and I further believe that most Bison fans are disgusted by it. It is also juvenile.

My former senior citizen athletic trainer has a spouse who graduated SDSU and she was mortified after last year's "horns down" post-game taunting.

When we won all of our Natty's, I do believe for the most part, Bison fans acted with class towards the opposing team at Frisco (from what I have heard). I also "lurked but did not post of course" at opposing fan boards and from the comments I saw, many opposing fans were struck by how gracious Bison fans were after the game, and how Bison fans complimented them on their football year. There are always exceptions to the Jacks but, for me, and this is one of my numerous character flaws, I do get butt-hurt when we are made fun of by them (or any fan base). When UND makes fun of us, it doesn't bother me so much cuz we give back but also they are located in the same state as us.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
12-17-2023, 04:27 PM

Quoted for truth.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
12-17-2023, 04:31 PM

That's what they are trying to do, get under your skin. Obviously it is working.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
12-17-2023, 04:38 PM

The best testimonial to date as to why a team should stay in the FCS. A G5 subdivision with a national playoff system would be ideal. As it stands now, playing Toledo in a crappy bowl game does nothing to get me excited.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
12-17-2023, 04:44 PM
The students/'fans" who say Sioux Suck S." are no better but THEY have been taken to task by Administration! And they are in the gaping minority, I believe, and I further believe that most Bison fans are disgusted by it. It is also juvenile.

My former senior citizen athletic trainer has a spouse who graduated SDSU and she was mortified after last year's "horns down" post-game taunting.

When we won all of our Natty's, I do believe for the most part, Bison fans acted with class towards the opposing team at Frisco (from what I have heard). I also "lurked but did not post of course" at opposing fan boards and from the comments I saw, many opposing fans were struck by how gracious Bison fans were after the game, and how Bison fans complemented them on their football year. There are always exceptions to the Jacks but, for me, and this is one of my numerous character flaws, I do get butt-hurt when we are made fun of by them (or any fan base). When UND makes fun of us, it doesn't bother me so much cuz we give back but also they are located in the same state as us.

You need to sit in the student section. "Sioux Suck Shit" is alive and well and choreographed after every 1st down.

DCinOK
12-17-2023, 04:50 PM
Mixed feelings about 'horns down,' as I live in Oklahoma and love OU. Fun to do 'horns down' because of hatred for longhorns, but last year in Frisco when the sdsu numbnuts two rows in front of me kept turning around and giving bison fans 'horns down' it was not fun.

MNLonghorn10
12-17-2023, 04:54 PM
Mixed feelings about 'horns down,' as I live in Oklahoma and love OU. Fun to do 'horns down' because of hatred for longhorns, but last year in Frisco when the sdsu numbnuts two rows in front of me kept turning around and giving bison fans 'horns down' it was not fun.

Don’t steal Texas’ signs, won’t be an issue

LefseBison
12-17-2023, 04:57 PM
That's what they are trying to do, get under your skin. Obviously it is working.

:nod:
ten cx

LefseBison
12-17-2023, 04:59 PM
You need to sit in the student section. "Sioux Suck Shit" is alive and well and choreographed after every 1st down.

I was not aware. Very distressing as I thought Administration said no to this vile phrase. :smh:

Gully
12-17-2023, 05:01 PM
I was not aware. Very distressing as I thought Administration said no to this vile phrase. :smh:

I'm pretty sure the administration isn't using the phrase ;)

DuckDuckGriz
12-17-2023, 05:05 PM
Thanks to the Bison for yet another classic in WGS.

Congrats on a great year and run despite being 'down.'

I think we have a chance in Frisco if McDowell maintains his composure but after last night that feels like a big 'if.'

TAILG8R
12-17-2023, 05:39 PM

I think we have a chance in Frisco if McDowell maintains his composure but after last night that feels like a big 'if.'

Thanks for the kind words but I hate to tell you the Griz have almost zero chance in Frisco. If the keep it within 21 I will be surprised.

That is an honest take as I would say the exact same thing if we were going.

MNLonghorn10
12-17-2023, 05:50 PM

I’ll probably be cheering for Montana but SDSU is a tall task.

Sagarin has ndsu being the second best fcs team despite being down and only 6 pt dogs while Montana would be 13 pt dogs in the sagarin predictor. SDSU is hovering around where ndsu was peak ndsu dynasty. They’re about 28th, ndsu made it into the teens. That shows how good they are

Montana ranked 4th out of the fcs schools. I don’t see you having much of a chance unless gronowski goes down to injury

MyOhMy
12-17-2023, 05:53 PM

Vile? Get over yourself, it's a time honored phrase from a more enlightened age without snowflakes.

LefseBison
12-17-2023, 06:12 PM
Vile? Get over yourself, it's a time honored phrase from a more enlightened age without snowflakes.

I am rendered speechless! Please stop with the lofty phrases! "Time-honored"? S.S.S. is a vulgar phrase in an NDSU or UND stadium. Beyond juvenile. I recall several years ago a picture in the Forum with a guy who had an NDSU shirt on with "Sioux Suck Shit" and there was a phallus thing hanging down on the T-shirt (an image) if my memory serves me. And I am NOT a snowflake. I can be tough as nails.

And please - you say "this is from a more enlightened age." You mean Age of Enlightenment, or the Age of Reason? I assure you, Buster, that the Age of Enlightenment/Reason did not include Sioux Suck Shit in their philosophy.

I DO know that years ago the NDSU Administration was very unhappy with this vulgar phrase which reflected poorly on the NDSU fanbase and university. I can sling a little hash with the best of 'em but it is a sad commentary that students who are in their formative years are yelling this out.

Kevin
12-17-2023, 06:14 PM
I am rendered speechless! Please stop with the lofty phrases! "Time-honored"? S.S.S. is a vulgar phrase in an NDSU or UND stadium. Beyond juvenile. I recall several years ago a picture in the Forum with a guy who had an NDSU shirt on with "Sioux Suck Shit" and there was a phallus thing hanging down on the T-shirt (an image) if my memory serves me. And I am NOT a snowflake. I can be tough as nails.

And please - you say "this is from a more enlightened age." You mean Age of Enlightenment, or the Age of Reason? I assure you, Buster, that the Age of Enlightenment/Reason did not include Sioux Suck Shit in their philosophy.

I DO know that years ago the NDSU Administration was very unhappy with this vulgar phrase which reflected poorly on the NDSU fanbase and university. I can sling a little hash with the best of 'em but it is a sad commentary that students who are in their formative years are yelling this out.

The real issue here is it’s a factual statement and the truth resonates with the soul.

ALPHAGRIZ1
12-17-2023, 06:17 PM
He reminds me of Christian Watson. West Coast Power school would be smart to offer him

I was told a month ago Bergen is going to Colorado

reformedUNDfan
12-17-2023, 06:31 PM

Being more obsessed with the Sioux name that the hockey deadenders just makes you like like gutter trash.

NDSU92
12-17-2023, 06:44 PM

Lol this is too funny. “I like spitting in peoples’ faces but I don’t like it when other people spit in mine”

OU and SDSU fans look like idiots when they do horns down. I love it when they do it - free marketing and essentially telling the world that the other school is your daddy so much you made up your own hand sign for them.

Bisonator98
12-17-2023, 07:00 PM

AlumniGreen? Is that kelly green or Bison green?

LefseBison
12-17-2023, 07:07 PM
AlumniGreen? Is that kelly green or Bison green?

I did not pick the name. It was assigned to me by the computer I guess. It is freaking BISON green. Also I am a female, an elderly person for those who might want to put some of my "bleeding heart" posts into perspective. But please, don't be gentle with me due to my advanced age. I can take it!

scottietohottie
12-17-2023, 07:08 PM
I did not pick the name. It was assigned to me by the computer I guess. It is freaking BISON green. Also I am a female, an elderly person for those who might want to put some of my "bleeding heart" posts into perspective. But please, don't be gentle with me due to my advanced age. I can take it!

Could you post some boomer memes to prove your age eh?

LefseBison
12-17-2023, 07:13 PM
The real issue here is it’s a factual statement and the truth resonates with the soul.

Very poetic.

LefseBison
12-17-2023, 07:25 PM
Could you post some boomer memes to prove your age eh?

:offtopic: I share a birthday with Nancy Pelosi and Sandra Day O'Connor, though different years. Not sure what a Boomer meme is though. I may be taken to the woodshed for off-topic comments on BV though.

ALPHAGRIZ1
12-17-2023, 07:40 PM
Well its Sunday and I am still not completely sure what to think about that game yesterday.

We won but we definitely didn't deserve to win that game. Griz are who I thought they were they needed home field advantage, noise, a few calls and playing an almost near perfect game to beat a team that was the worst one you guys have had in more than a decade. We need double OT to win it, If we played 9 more time you guys would win all of them.

This was more a game of you guys losing it than us really winning it so its a weird day to try and be super stoked about the win. The really weird thing is this is the exact game that Big Game Bob always loses in the past. Now he going to get boat raced on the national stage by the Jackrabbits. The one thing that Hauck is really good at is losing big games and he will probably demonstrate that again in Frisco.

I wasn't that amazed by how close this game was as I was the outcome even though I knew if you guys were healthy you would have won yet again.

Congrats on the new head coach I hope he works out for you guys,

Merry Christmas to everyone in Bisonville enjoy your time with your friends and family.

P.S. If anyone has 4 tickets to Frisco all in the same area let me know, not sure if I really want to fly out there and watch whats going to happen but I need to keep options open.

heffray
12-17-2023, 09:21 PM
Well its Sunday and I am still not completely sure what to think about that game yesterday.

We won but we definitely didn't deserve to win that game. Griz are who I thought they were they needed home field advantage, noise, a few calls and playing an almost near perfect game to beat a team that was the worst one you guys have had in more than a decade. We need double OT to win it, If we played 9 more time you guys would win all of them.

This was more a game of you guys losing it than us really winning it so its a weird day to try and be super stoked about the win. The really weird thing is this is the exact game that Big Game Bob always loses in the past. Now he going to get boat raced on the national stage by the Jackrabbits. The one thing that Hauck is really good at is losing big games and he will probably demonstrate that again in Frisco.

I wasn't that amazed by how close this game was as I was the outcome even though I knew if you guys were healthy you would have won yet again.

Merry Christmas to everyone in Bisonville enjoy your time with your friends and family.

P.S. If anyone has 4 tickets to Frisco all in the same area let me know, not sure if I really want to fly out there and watch whats going to happen but I need to keep options open.

You are easily my favorite opposing fan. Congrats on the win and I hope you fuck with some bunny dreams.

SafeTeeJ
12-17-2023, 10:16 PM

Love you AG!
Merry Christmas
Go Griz
Jack offs suck

StL Bison Fan
12-17-2023, 10:25 PM
We did have a good time in Missoula. The weather was so nice and the flights so expensive we drove (we are around painted canyon right now)
Every single griz fan that we met were welcoming and complimented Ndsu.
They were actually very gracious winners. Great atmosphere.
It just didn’t turn out the way we wanted.