what's your pick outta these guys?

Roehl is a better Head Coach than OC I guarantee

Vigen wants back to NDSU

Polosak does too.

but the wildest of wild cards. CRAIG BOHL!!! haha:facepalm::facepalm2:

SlickVic
12-10-2023, 07:46 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVB65ijNSQg

all in on this guy prolly the only person on the planet who has a chance at ever catching joe pa------------just needs to get the job and WIN for the next couple 13 14 46 years, which he will

El_Chapo
12-10-2023, 07:47 PM
im' guessing Tyler gets it. plus its easy for Larson and the Team and the Players

and Matt Entz stepping aside for his friend Tyler is pretty cool

El_Chapo
12-10-2023, 07:51 PM
LSU's ed orgeron ?

Bo Pelini?

Gus Bradley??

23Bison
12-10-2023, 07:55 PM
Jamar Cain!!

Hey a guy can dream!

MNLonghorn10
12-10-2023, 07:58 PM
LSU's ed orgeron ?

Bo Pelini?

Gus Bradley??

Les miles or big Ed would be amazing

Bisonator98
12-10-2023, 08:07 PM
Roehl will get it.

El_Chapo
12-10-2023, 08:08 PM
https://footballscoop.com/news/the-highest-paid-linebackers-coaches-in-college-football-2023-edition

look at this LB money in the Big 10 WOW

El_Chapo
12-10-2023, 08:17 PM
and ON the OUTSIDE GAINING STEAM

TIM POLASAK.... dude bleeds NDSU.

BigHorns
12-10-2023, 08:24 PM
https://footballscoop.com/news/the-highest-paid-linebackers-coaches-in-college-football-2023-edition

look at this LB money in the Big 10 WOW

That's what happens with $100-200m budgets. They take who they want, even in FBS.

BigHorns
12-10-2023, 08:26 PM
Wonder who Entz takes with him. Wouldn't be surprising to see more guys hit the portal now. That's how it works in FBS when a coach leaves.

Bison4peat
12-10-2023, 08:34 PM
what's your pick outta these guys?

Roehl is a better Head Coach than OC I guarantee

Vigen wants back to NDSU

Polosak does too.

but the wildest of wild cards. CRAIG BOHL!!! haha:facepalm::facepalm2:

Bubbles! LFG boys!!

BisManBison
12-10-2023, 08:36 PM
Wonder who Entz takes with him. Wouldn't be surprising to see more guys hit the portal now. That's how it works in FBS when a coach leaves.

I do t think he’s in a position to take anyone. Doesn’t the head coach generally make those calls? USC doesn’t have one yet, which is bizarre to me that Entz was hired at this point. Wouldn’t the coach want to hire his position coaches? What if the new guy has his guy. Also, in ironies of ironies, have you seen our linebacker play this year lol.

El_Chapo
12-10-2023, 08:38 PM
Tim Polasak as NDSU Head Coach would HELP TYLER ROEHL AS OC...............

I can see this happening.

Vigen maybe, Molly would love to come back home

I still call Gus Bradley and say "you want a lifetime deal?"

Bisonator98
12-10-2023, 08:39 PM

Would you stfu with your stupid ass scenarios. JFC

ByeSonBusiness
12-10-2023, 08:40 PM
Les miles or big Ed would be amazing

Mullet kid from your profile pic is probs ready

Kevin
12-10-2023, 08:52 PM
Roehl or Vigen.

BigLakeBison
12-10-2023, 08:55 PM
I do t think he’s in a position to take anyone. Doesn’t the head coach generally make those calls? USC doesn’t have one yet, which is bizarre to me that Entz was hired at this point. Wouldn’t the coach want to hire his position coaches? What if the new guy has his guy. Also, in ironies of ironies, have you seen our linebacker play this year lol.

Lincoln Riley is the USC head coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigHorns
12-10-2023, 08:58 PM
Roehl or Vigen.

I'd imagine its Roehl, unless we go double Vigen's pay. It'd be worth it though.

Kevin
12-10-2023, 08:59 PM

Not for long bro soon as Marlboro matt gets in there there’ll be a new sheriff in town.

BigLakeBison
12-10-2023, 09:00 PM
Not for long bro soon as Marlboro matt gets in there there’ll be a new sheriff in town.

Fair point.

Kevin
12-10-2023, 09:01 PM
Watch Stoney brook hire some east coast bias pussy that he played lacrosse with or something.

Bison4peat
12-10-2023, 09:02 PM

They won't be able to resist the soothing tone.

SlickVic
12-10-2023, 09:03 PM

hold my beer----------how about jay paterno, chapo?

BisManBison
12-10-2023, 09:03 PM

Well what the hell, I read somewhere they didn’t have a coach at the moment. Never mind, carry on!

EndZoneQB
12-10-2023, 09:09 PM

You okay bro? Why are you so angry about a message board? Go rub one out.

garbageman
12-10-2023, 09:12 PM
Isnt el crapo a candidate for the job? He has all the answers

bisoningrandforks
12-10-2023, 09:16 PM
it will be Vigen!

56BISON73
12-10-2023, 09:17 PM

Are you kidding? Both have the blind affliction of running up the middle when the D is stacking the box. Polacak JMU while running out of time. Sound familiar?

56BISON73
12-10-2023, 09:20 PM

Why are you pushing an inside EASY hire instead of a national search?????

Kevin
12-10-2023, 09:22 PM

Devil we know is better than the one we don’t.

El_Chapo
12-10-2023, 09:24 PM

i ONLY want a national search if NDSU is FBS. period.

2011BisonAlumni
12-10-2023, 09:31 PM
i ONLY want a national search if NDSU is FBS. period.

How about making a hire for someone who can transition to FBS?

BigHorns
12-10-2023, 09:32 PM

I think you hire the best coach you can period.
They either do well in FBS like Cignetti or flop like Keeler did.

Either way, you're looking for another coach in a few years.

BigLakeBison
12-10-2023, 09:36 PM
Isnt el crapo a candidate for the job? He has all the answers

Do you only post in response to Chapo? It feels like that to me.

EndZoneQB
12-10-2023, 09:38 PM

I mean, his name IS garbageman.

El_Chapo
12-10-2023, 09:40 PM

garage, jim putz, brokeback mtn, unbison , 56 .... they all do too.

OK HERE IS MY VISION:

Polasak as HC, Roehl as OC/ASST HC and Petrino DC.

BigLakeBison
12-10-2023, 09:41 PM
I mean, his name IS garbageman.

You’re right. Seems fitting.

El_Chapo
12-10-2023, 10:11 PM

Yes Polasak been in FBS for 8 years now

Gary Patterson? Paul Chryst? Haha

bison22
12-10-2023, 10:39 PM
Wentz for HC. AO1 foundation can fund NIL

HerdBot
12-10-2023, 10:42 PM

Probably nobody because he's an assistant coach and he's not in charge of designing the defense. USC can have their pick of the litter

heckler
12-10-2023, 10:43 PM
Are you kidding? Both have the blind affliction of running up the middle when the D is stacking the box. Polacak JMU while running out of time. Sound familiar?

Agree 100%.

heckler
12-10-2023, 10:44 PM

1000% agree.

heckler
12-10-2023, 10:47 PM
I want none of these clowns. WTH you thinking Lakes?

KC_Hats
12-10-2023, 10:47 PM
USC's Head Coach is Lincoln Riley. He hired Matt Entz.

heffray
12-10-2023, 10:49 PM

Lol that is an interesting question…

Kevin
12-10-2023, 10:50 PM
If anyone says Nielsen after seeing his pre game “speech” I will mock u for days.

KC_Hats
12-10-2023, 11:00 PM
Tyler Roehl

BigHorns
12-10-2023, 11:23 PM
Probably nobody because he's an assistant coach and he's not in charge of designing the defense. USC can have their pick of the litter

I'd imagine he will be involved with recruiting on the defensive side.

Not certain if any of our guys would make the cut, but a few might get offers.
FBS teams sometimes stockpile extra guys and make them compete for starting jobs.

Some will be used for scout team, etc.

Loud and Proud Bison fan
12-10-2023, 11:43 PM
I would really like to see a national search just once. I do not see TR a head coach.

A national search would mean Matt L would have to do something, so I do not see it happening :(

Bisonator98
12-10-2023, 11:47 PM
Do we really want ML doing a national search? God knows who he'd bring in, careful what you wish for.......

louis13
12-10-2023, 11:48 PM
Tyler Roehl or Klanderman from K State (would be a huge pay cut, but maybe he wants to be a HC)

sage
12-10-2023, 11:50 PM
Vigan would not be a good fit. Go out and get a motivator and energetic winner of a coach. A people person with great character and a player coach. There has to be some great young minds out there that are coaches that would fill those shoes.

Roehl would be the only other consideration.

BigHorns
12-10-2023, 11:51 PM
Tyler Roehl or Klanderman from K State (would be a huge pay cut, but maybe he wants to be a HC)

Roehl will make top 3/4 finalists I'd bet.
Getting a FBS guy to make a lateral pay move is tough, for a pay cut he'd REALLY have to want the job bad.

Bisonator98
12-10-2023, 11:53 PM
Vigan would not be a good fit. Go out and get a motivator and energetic winner of a coach. A people person with great character and a player coach. There has to be some great young minds out there that are coaches that would fill those shoes.

Roehl would be the only other consideration.

That's TR in a nutshell. It's really pretty obvious he'll get the job

AKBison
12-11-2023, 01:16 AM
Yes Polasak been in FBS for 8 years now

Gary Patterson? Paul Chryst? Haha

The biggest positive for Polasak is that he at least knows what an FBS program is supposed to be run like. Everything from facilities, to staffing and nutrition bars. It's also the biggest knock on TR. With that said, I'm going with CAS on this one and since we are an internally based developmental type program, I think Tyler is the man for the job.

56BISON73
12-11-2023, 01:20 AM

Just shows what a troll he is. He bitches about insider lazy hires then turns around and wants an easy insider hire. JFC

AKBison
12-11-2023, 01:35 AM
Do we really want ML doing a national search? God knows who he'd bring in, careful what you wish for.......

Great point and definitely a scary proposition.

56BISON73
12-11-2023, 01:38 AM

Klanderman???? No way.

td577
12-11-2023, 01:59 AM
Belicheck is probably available in a couple of weeks.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

KC_Hats
12-11-2023, 02:28 AM
Do you remember how quickly Klieman was hired after Bohl left? Entz after Klieman left? It seemed like it went very quickly.

Twincitybizon
12-11-2023, 02:51 AM
Wentz for HC. AO1 foundation can fund NIL

Instead of thunderstruck for the intro, "Onward Christian soldiers"?

TAILG8R
12-11-2023, 02:52 AM
Do you remember how quickly Klieman was hired after Bohl left? Entz after Klieman left? It seemed like it went very quickly.

24-36 hours if I remember correctly.

Whatever comes of this I hope we put an actual O-line coach in charge of the O-line.

56BISON73
12-11-2023, 02:57 AM
24-36 hours if i remember correctly.

whatever comes of this i hope we put an actual o-line coach in charge of the o-line.

please!!!!!!!!!!

KC_Hats
12-11-2023, 03:04 AM
Sam Herder tweeted it out. It looks like it was approximately 3 days for both the Klieman hire and the Entz hire. They were internal so it will be interesting to see if they stay inside if it moves that quickly.

BattleBorn
12-11-2023, 03:21 AM
Bohl, 2 year deal. Get Tyler ready to go. If he's not, we will know. What am I saying, the Bohl era ended in a shitshow. should be interesting.

Bison03
12-11-2023, 03:25 AM
Roehl has to be the leading candidate. Despite what people say, he has been a great coordinator and play caller. The success is there. Plus, he has been a part of NDSU forever. He bleeds green and gold!

yellowstreak
12-11-2023, 03:35 AM
https://gobison.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/brent-vigen/2137

GCWaters
12-11-2023, 03:55 AM

KSU hired Klieman on 12/10, we hired Entz on 12/13…..

Bison03
12-11-2023, 05:08 AM
Not sure why Vigen would want to come here? I could see it if he was not a head coach already, but not now. He’s on a rising power right now. Only chance is if he really misses home and has been dreaming about being THE guy at NDSU.

MyOhMy
12-11-2023, 07:14 AM
Despite what people say, he has been a great coordinator and play caller.

What games have you been watching? :facepalm:

HerdBot
12-11-2023, 07:18 AM
We want to keep continuity and systems in place but do a national search. Only take a coach who will keep the systems and terminology in place

Someone like Caruso could be a good outside hire. Tim Polasek would be a good outside hire too
but promoting internally I like...

Tyler Roehl. He knows what Bison football is, even though he drives me nuts with some play calling at times. So did Brent Vigen

Randy Hedberg is awesome and on paper is the most qualified but I would be suprised if he wants the chaos at his age. He's perfect coaching QBs. Dan Larson would be my next OC and I would hire an O-line coach.

Hiring only a defensive minded head coach is assinine. Why would we eliminate half the candidates? I think of Bison football as physical offenses that wear you down

Professor Chaos
12-11-2023, 10:39 AM
What games have you been watching? :facepalm:
Play calling has been frustrating at times but you can't knock the results. 39 points per game, 445 yards per game, 240 rush yards per game (at 5.9 yards per carry), 7.1 yards per play, 52% 3rd down conversion, leading the FCS in passing efficiency, and on and on. This offense is right up there with the most potent offenses the Bison have had since the run started. Roehl has earned consideration to be the next HC.

HerdBot
12-11-2023, 10:58 AM
Play calling has been frustrating at times but you can't knock the results. 39 points per game, 445 yards per game, 240 rush yards per game (at 5.9 yards per carry), 7.1 yards per play, 52% 3rd down conversion, leading the FCS in passing efficiency, and on and on. This offense is right up there with the most potent offenses the Bison have had since the run started. Roehl has earned consideration to be the next HC.

The good news is the head coach doesnt call the plays

MankatoBison
12-11-2023, 12:27 PM
I would really like to see a national search just once. I do not see TR a head coach.

A national search would mean Matt L would have to do something, so I do not see it happening :(

Path of least resistance will AAAAALWAYS be the route ML will take. Why waste energy doing something ambitious when you can simply coast off the decisions of your predecessors? Why have thoughts of your own when your paycheck is the same whether you have ideas or not? Why try hard when your money is guaranteed?

To be fair, many times, the path of least resistance is, in fact, the right choice. But he has literally never once not taken that path since being here. Just implement the ideas of the previous AD, don’t make any choices that involve making phone calls, or anything that involves you lifting a finger after 5PM, or anything that would interrupt his solitaire game. Turns out, at NDSU, that gives you unlimited respect, lip trembling reverence, and loyalty from 75% of the peeps on bisonville.

With that being said…. I think Roehl is probably the right choice lololol

Bison03
12-11-2023, 01:14 PM
This right here!!! People can bitch and moan but facts don’t lie. I mean, his an OC that has gotten us to Frisco 3 times and won 2 national championships.

ndsubison1
12-11-2023, 01:25 PM
Not sure why Vigen would want to come here? I could see it if he was not a head coach already, but not now. He’s on a rising power right now. Only chance is if he really misses home and has been dreaming about being THE guy at NDSU.

The HC at NDSU is almost guaranteed to get a better job. Results matter.

thunderingherd
12-11-2023, 01:28 PM

yep. all of that.

GreenfieldBison
12-11-2023, 01:29 PM
There is no rule against it.

ndsubison1
12-11-2023, 01:32 PM

Plenty call plays, but if the HC is Roehl Id assume he'd have an experienced OC.

GreenfieldBison
12-11-2023, 01:43 PM
The HC at NDSU is almost guaranteed to get a better job. Results matter.
You wouldn't pull me out of Bozeman in favor of Fargo for less than a mind numbing bump in comp. Jeff Choate is proof that Bozeman is a path to a better job also.

tolnabison
12-11-2023, 01:50 PM
You wouldn't pull me out of Bozeman in favor of Fargo for less than a mind numbing bump in comp. Jeff Choate is proof that Bozeman is a path to a better job also.

Explain to me this thinking?

Bohl went to Wyoming (Same conference as Nevada). Klieman to K-State.

Choate's path to Nevada is the same route Entz is on. Choate went from Montana St head coach, to LB coach at Texas, now head coach at Nevada.

GreenfieldBison
12-11-2023, 01:58 PM
Explain to me this thinking?

Bohl went to Wyoming (Same conference as Nevada). Klieman to K-State.

Choate's path to Nevada is the same route Entz is on. Choate went from Montana St head coach, to LB coach at Texas, now head coach at Nevada.
What is the confusing part?

Forget about the Klieman comp. Unless Matt Larsen becomes the AD at a comparable institution somewhere down the road.

So, Choate now has a similar job to what Bohl had. Entz is now on a path to something similar perhaps. With continued solid results there is no reason Vigen will not be plucked from Bozeman for some similar opportunity. He does not need a trip to Fargo for that.

23Bison
12-11-2023, 02:05 PM
Adding $150-$200K more to his salary would be a reason I suppose. I believe his salary at MSU is about that much behind NDSU.

BISONBRI53
12-11-2023, 02:10 PM
I sure hope whoever they pick to bring in doesn't read Bisonville. We are so mean to our coaches. :biggrin:

tolnabison
12-11-2023, 02:13 PM
What is the confusing part?

Forget about the Klieman comp. Unless Matt Larsen becomes the AD at a comparable institution somewhere down the road.

So, Choate now has a similar job to what Bohl had. Entz is now on a path to something similar perhaps. With continued solid results there is no reason Vigen will not be plucked from Bozeman for some similar opportunity. He does not need a trip to Fargo for that.

One head coach has been hired away from Montana St in the last 20 and that was Choate.

Ash was fired

Kramer was fired.

Hysell retired.

NDSU is on their 3rd coach being hired away in a row. 4th if you want to include Babich.

Hey do I agree Vigen could get hired away? Yes, but do I agree Montana St is a better way to get hired then NDSU. Absolutely not. McFeely posted the that Entz took his name out of New Mexico's job search and was a candidate for Boise St. Vigen also was a candidate for Boise St.

GreenfieldBison
12-11-2023, 02:36 PM
One head coach has been hired away from Montana St in the last 20 and that was Choate.

Ash was fired

Kramer was fired.

Hysell retired.

NDSU is on their 3rd coach being hired away in a row. 4th if you want to include Babich.

Hey do I agree Vigen could get hired away? Yes, but do I agree Montana St is a better way to get hired then NDSU. Absolutely not. McFeely posted the that Entz took his name out of New Mexico's job search and was a candidate for Boise St. Vigen also was a candidate for Boise St.

Did I say the bolded part above? I think not. I said Vigen does not need a trip to Fargo. He has a .828 wining percentage at MSU. No doubt he travels to coaching conferences. Do you believe he is not on other coaches radars?

heffray
12-11-2023, 04:39 PM
I sure hope whoever they pick to bring in doesn't read Bisonville. We are so mean to our coaches. :biggrin:

We know for a fact Roehl reads BV, he works in Kev’s packages on a weekly basis…

TAILG8R
12-11-2023, 04:41 PM
We know for a fact Roehl reads BV, he works in Kev’s packages on a weekly basis…

When he's not busy studying the Tecmo Super Bowl playbook of course.

heffray
12-11-2023, 04:42 PM
When he's not busy studying the Tecmo Super Bowl playbook of course.

You gotta know those QB dive packages like the back of your hand bro

TAILG8R
12-11-2023, 04:43 PM
You gotta know those QB dive packages like the back of your hand bro

I wonder if he's found the Raiders in that game yet or does he always play with the Niners?

heffray
12-11-2023, 04:46 PM
I wonder if he's found the Raiders in that game yet or does he always play with the Niners?

Bo doesn’t play QB bro. I think that’s your answer.

DM05
12-11-2023, 04:54 PM
Did I say the bolded part above? I think not. I said Vigen does not need a trip to Fargo. He has a .828 wining percentage at MSU. No doubt he travels to coaching conferences. Do you believe he is not on other coaches radars?

He also has what.....5 years as an OC here and 8 years as an OC at Wyoming? Couple more years of success there and he'll get a Mountain West HC job.........does Oregon State have a replacement hired yet? They could do worse than Vigen.

Bison03
12-11-2023, 06:44 PM
Not sure if this has been brought up, but Vigen to NDSU is not as lateral of a move as you might think. Vigen’s base salary is around the $214,000. Entz’s base salary is $400,000. So you never know.

AKBison
12-11-2023, 07:01 PM
I'm on the TR train but would be ok with Vigen. If your ADML would you rather have TR at $350k or Vigen for $500k?

Mr. Burgundy
12-11-2023, 07:23 PM
I'm on the TR train but would be ok with Vigen. If your ADML would you rather have TR at $350k or Vigen for $500k?

If that is a question, I will puke. We better be prepared to pay the guy. We aren't hiring for a discount. Hire the guy you want. Get the studs in front of you and a great team of decision makers who are influencial and hire the guy. let them coach!

ByeSonBusiness
12-11-2023, 07:31 PM
If that is a question, I will puke. We better be prepared to pay the guy. We aren't hiring for a discount. Hire the guy you want. Get the studs in front of you and a great team of decision makers who are influencial and hire the guy. let them coach!

I agree. $150k is not relevant.

ByeSonBusiness
12-11-2023, 07:32 PM
Not sure if this has been brought up, but Vigen to NDSU is not as lateral of a move as you might think. Vigen’s base salary is around the $214,000. Entz’s base salary is $400,000. So you never know.

$214k in Bozeman doesn't go nearly as far as $400k in Fargo either.

KSBisonFan
12-11-2023, 08:19 PM
One positive Vigen brings, is that we already have the "fire Vigen" thread warmed up and ready to go.

If someone else is hired, someone is going to have to go through the tedious process of starting a "Fire ______, Save season" thread.

TransAmBison
12-11-2023, 08:48 PM
One positive Vigen brings, is that we already have the "fire Vigen" thread warmed up and ready to go.

If someone else is hired, someone is going to have to go through the tedious process of starting a "Fire ______, Save season" thread.Efficiency. I like it.

BigHorns
12-12-2023, 01:09 AM

If we pick a candidate to save $150k, the program is in trouble.

Pick the best candidate available, period.

El_Chapo
12-13-2023, 07:12 PM
BREAKING NEWS

on 12/13/23 2pm A SYNOPIS of where we sit:

I think Tyler Roehl would be announced ASAP if he was 45 years old . He's 37 and quite frankly there has been disdain for his play calling, but NDSU is producing on offense.

Wyoming OC Tim Polasek was at NDSU and is really good friends with Tyler Roehl and some think HE should be the NDSU HC and Tyler should be happy for his buddy and wait his turn... HOWEVER Tyler has job offers available to him so does that piss him off and he leaves AND the PLAYERS want Roehl as HC per tweets...... its a weird situation.

on top of that Denver DL Coach Jamar Cain "former ndsu coach and Okla/LSU coach" says he'd be interested ...

on top of ALL of that. Colts DC Gus Bradley NDSU legend (in the NFL for years and was a NFL head coach) has about 3 weeks left until he is fired and his son is a freshman on the NDSU basketball team.... Do you call him up and say "Hey Gus, quit the rat race in NFL, you've made millions, Here's a lifetime contract at NDSU"

I personally talked to Mankato State HC Todd Hofner at NDSU game last week & said what you doing here" he said "watching NDSU, I've always respected their program" WAS HE THERE BECAUSE HE KNEW SOMETHING WAS UP???

there you go... that's all the rumors.. and on top of it Chris Kliemans staff is poaching NDSU commits, argh!!

and on top of that Craig/Leia Bohl are building a Dream Lake Cabin by Detroit Lakes... maybe he wants to coach or mentor NDSU?