PDA

View Full Version : 2023 Round 4 : Mayhem in Montana!

NI4NI
12-10-2023, 12:06 AM
Can we keep this thing rolling all the way to Frisco?

Your thoughts on the Griz?

heffray
12-10-2023, 12:10 AM
An apt alliteration almost always averts awkward arbitration.

mtoutfitter
12-10-2023, 12:12 AM
Can we keep this thing rolling all the way to Frisco?

Your thoughts on the Griz?

They looked awesome against the Cats.

NDSU92
12-10-2023, 12:13 AM
They had an outstanding game against Montana State. Very good win against Delaware. Another against Sac State. Proof they could be the best team in the subdivision.

That said, I have questions with the rest of their resume. Struggled against a non-scholly school and D2 school. Got owned by Northern Arizona. One possession games against Davis and Idaho State. Furman is about as good as Missouri State. We had a couple head scratchers this year but those results raise a lot of questions for me.

Their oline splits were like 5 feet against Furman and their QB was Senor Twinkletoes against the blitz. Had two special teams TD. About all I’ve watched on the year.

Both teams it’s gonna depend which version of the team shows up. Both have shown some great highs and abysmal lows. Both are playing good football right now.

southcliffbison
12-10-2023, 12:20 AM
They looked awesome against the Cats.

Griz fans suck........that's all........

thebootfitter
12-10-2023, 12:24 AM
Who is going?

I’m planning to drive over from Central Washington, assuming I can get tickets.

gavin2126
12-10-2023, 12:44 AM
An apt alliteration almost always averts awkward arbitration.

Proper planning prevents piss poor performance

heffray
12-10-2023, 12:58 AM

Traditional teamwork teaches teams to turn triumphant

El_Chapo
12-10-2023, 12:59 AM
f the Griz. They talkin $hit already and they haven’t been to Frisco in Forever……. we are still the KINGS OF FCS!

NI4NI
12-10-2023, 01:17 AM
Griz fans suck........that's all........

Knowing people from Montana I highly doubt that.

mtoutfitter
12-10-2023, 01:19 AM

Question...How many Griz fans are actually from Montana?

NI4NI
12-10-2023, 01:22 AM
That might be a good point!

EC8CH
12-10-2023, 01:23 AM
Let's gravy boat race these grizzly mother fuckers!

scottietohottie
12-10-2023, 01:28 AM

Know any sheep from Montana eh? I'll know if you know anybody from Montana with how you answer that eh. Bah bah bah.

The first part is in Canadian eh and the second is in sheep.

scottietohottie
12-10-2023, 01:35 AM
Lakes and I went to Montana once before. We came up on a sheep stuck in the fence. I wanted to impress lakes and show him I'd been to Montana before. I stopped jumped out and let that sheep have it eh
I hollered hay lakes you want some? Turn around and he had his head stuck in teh fence eh.

Kevin
12-10-2023, 01:40 AM
Missoula isn’t even in Montana bro it’s justifiably Washington state. They have a real claim.

Kevin
12-10-2023, 01:42 AM
Lakes and I went to Montana once before. We came up on a sheep stuck in the fence. I wanted to impress lakes and show him I'd been to Montana before. I stopped jumped out and let that sheep have it eh
I hollered hay lakes you want some? Turn around and he had his head stuck in teh fence eh.

Two things: 1 that’s a true story. 2 it doesn’t even make the top 5 of the gayest things lakes did that trip.

mtoutfitter
12-10-2023, 01:44 AM

Too funny Scottie.

scottietohottie
12-10-2023, 01:44 AM
Two things: 1 that’s a true story. 2 it doesn’t even make the top 5 of the gayest things lakes did that trip.

He still ain't shitting right

southcliffbison
12-10-2023, 01:46 AM
f the Griz. They talkin $hit already and they haven’t been to Frisco in Forever……. we are still the KINGS OF FCS!

Their fan site is infected with a disease that there's no known cure for...........stay the hell off it and you're safe.

GreenfieldBison
12-10-2023, 01:48 AM
They had an outstanding game against Montana State. Very good win against Delaware. Another against Sac State. Proof they could be the best team in the subdivision.

That said, I have questions with the rest of their resume. Struggled against a non-scholly school and D2 school. Got owned by Northern Arizona. One possession games against Davis and Idaho State. Furman is about as good as Missouri State. We had a couple head scratchers this year but those results raise a lot of questions for me.

Their oline splits were like 5 feet against Furman and their QB was Senor Twinkletoes against the blitz. Had two special teams TD. About all I’ve watched on the year.

Both teams it’s gonna depend which version of the team shows up. Both have shown some great highs and abysmal lows. Both are playing good football right now.
Serious much?

GreenfieldBison
12-10-2023, 01:52 AM
Was that because the sheep was a two bagger ?

southcliffbison
12-10-2023, 01:57 AM
Question...How many Griz fans are actually from Montana?

Don't know the answer to that, but it's my opinion that's is a good place to be FROM .....

LefseBison
12-10-2023, 02:24 AM

I watched the interview where James Baker said that. LOL.

Bison03
12-10-2023, 03:17 AM
Well, actually never been to Frisco! Lol. But they were in the last title game in Chattanooga in 2009.

Bison4peat
12-10-2023, 03:22 AM
Know any sheep from Montana eh? I'll know if you know anybody from Montana with how you answer that eh. Bah bah bah.

The first part is in Canadian eh and the second is in sheep.

For the record I didn't start this velcro glove guy

Bison2024
12-10-2023, 04:04 AM
Griz fans are the Cowboys fans of the FCS.

Bison win 38-28.

El_Chapo
12-10-2023, 04:17 AM
Ndsu Griz tickets here. Keep your eyes open

https://griztix.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?ticketCode=GS%3AMONTANA%3AFB24FCS4% 3AFCS4%3A&linkID=montana&shopperContext=&pc=&caller=&appCode=&groupCode=FBFCS&cgc=&dataAccId=405&locale=en_US&siteId=ev_montana

MyOhMy
12-10-2023, 04:31 AM

https://griztix.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?ticketCode=GS%3AMONTANA%3AFB24FCS4% 3AFCS4%3A&linkID=montana&shopperContext=&pc=&caller=&appCode=&groupCode=FBFCS&cgc=&dataAccId=405&locale=en_US&siteId=ev_montana

What's the password? :rofl:

El_Chapo
12-10-2023, 04:33 AM
What's the password? :rofl:

Cali-Zoula

Bison4peat
12-10-2023, 04:52 AM
Cali-Zoula

Double middles

mtoutfitter
12-10-2023, 04:57 AM
Numb Nuts doesn't know that it's...SanFranssoula

Bison4peat
12-10-2023, 05:04 AM
Numb Nuts doesn't know that it's...SanFranssoula

I'm happy for both your states

scbison91
12-10-2023, 10:54 AM
Just checked forecast next Saturday in mizzoula. 43 degrees and mostly sunny. Hope that holds.

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk

heckler
12-10-2023, 02:14 PM

Serious question, does NDSU have the most expensive FCS ticket week in and week out?

oldmantutters
12-10-2023, 02:45 PM
What's the password? :rofl:PLAYOFFS2023

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

kab1one
12-10-2023, 02:51 PM

How far into the trip were you before you wanted to lose Lakes? did you consider leaving him in the fence?

RobertMartin
12-10-2023, 03:00 PM
The QB had zero hard games until the Friday night game. Hasn’t been down, no challenges. My wife is a Griz, and hates his attitude. If you watch or re-watch the game look at his demeanor after the interception. Along with that look at the play calling. Bobby gets conservative in close games, afraid to make a mistake.

If the Bison punch them in the mouth right away the game will be over. They can’t play from behind,

They haven’t faced a QB as efficient as Miller.

A lot of tape from the Furman game that will help the Bison coaches develop a great game plan.s

After the Furman game, the bookies will not have the spreads they have been giving Montana.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tony
12-10-2023, 03:07 PM
I'm going to try to stay on top of approving new users this week. Last week, I didn't and some USD fans didn't approved.

Now we might never know what SLAYINGDUMBASSES had to say.

cx500d
12-10-2023, 03:18 PM

They’ve never been to Frisco

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Professor Chaos
12-10-2023, 03:24 PM
Stats breakdown on this matchup with updates from yesterday's games:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53388616294_ef2ea1c698_o.jpg

The matchup between the Bison offense and the Griz defense is definitely the one to watch in this game - whoever loses that matchup will really put their team behind the 8-ball. Some key stat categories where both of these units are elite:

1) The Bison offense is 4th nationally at 241.8 rush yards per game and the Griz defense is 9th allowing only 97.2 rush yards per game.
2) The Bison offense is 1st nationally in team passing efficiency and the Griz defense is 4th in defensive pass efficiency.
3) The Bison offense is 3rd nationally in 3rd down conversion rate at 51.5% and the Griz defense is also 3rd in opponent 3rd down conversion rate at 29.2%.

WeAreThePride
12-10-2023, 03:32 PM
'sgo boys.

'sdo this.

870XPRS
12-10-2023, 03:34 PM
I'm going to try to stay on top of approving new users this week. Last week, I didn't and some USD fans didn't approved.

Huge missed opportunity. I feel like you stole something from us that we may never recover from.

mtoutfitter
12-10-2023, 03:35 PM
Gonna guess the Bison will open as 3 pt favorites.

bisonaudit
12-10-2023, 03:40 PM
Serious question, does NDSU have the most expensive FCS ticket week in and week out?

I’d be surprised if that weren’t true. 9 titles, growing city, capped capacity, a decade of sellouts.

NDSU_grad
12-10-2023, 03:46 PM
I think if we keep Bergen bottled up on special teams we win. This is the phase of the game that concerns me.

WeAreThePride
12-10-2023, 04:10 PM
Griz fans are the Cowboys fans of the FCS.

Bison win 38-28.

Hey man. That's a pretty nasty insult.

GCWaters
12-10-2023, 04:17 PM
Huge missed opportunity. I feel like you stole something from us that we may never recover from.

I agree...I feel a motion to vacate may be in order....

MangyOldBison
12-10-2023, 04:25 PM
Lot of weapons and options for the Bison to use to get this done! Congrats on a great run that seems more and more to be destiny.

GoBison!

GreenfieldBison
12-10-2023, 06:04 PM

That is a bummer.

MangyOldBison
12-10-2023, 06:11 PM
That is a bummer.

lol! That’s a bummer Man!

https://www.youtube.com/results?sp=mAEA&search_query=that%27s+a+bummer+man+

MangyOldBison
12-10-2023, 06:15 PM

Put Homeland Security and Elmer Fudd Mayorkas in charge of the effort. :biggrin:

PS. I can hear basketballs bouncing in Vermillion. All is right with the Republic.

heffray
12-10-2023, 07:14 PM

He’s still welcome to come on and say what he was going to say… could be a fun exercise…?

ALPHAGRIZ1
12-10-2023, 08:39 PM
The QB had zero hard games until the Friday night game. Hasn’t been down, no challenges. My wife is a Griz, and hates his attitude. If you watch or re-watch the game look at his demeanor after the interception. Along with that look at the play calling. Bobby gets conservative in close games, afraid to make a mistake.

If the Bison punch them in the mouth right away the game will be over. They can’t play from behind,

They haven’t faced a QB as efficient as Miller.

A lot of tape from the Furman game that will help the Bison coaches develop a great game plan.s

After the Furman game, the bookies will not have the spreads they have been giving Montana.

Absolutely nailed it, if they get behind they will fold like a chair. They will NEVER comeback in a game with that guy at QB.

RainierGriz
12-10-2023, 08:46 PM
Looking forward to what is hopefully a great game! To those making it over, travel safely!

56BISON73
12-10-2023, 08:48 PM
Put Homeland Security and Elmer Fudd Mayorkas in charge of the effort. :biggrin:

PS. I can hear basketballs bouncing in Vermillion. All is right with the Republic.
\
:rofl::rofl:

heffray
12-10-2023, 09:00 PM
Absolutely nailed it, if they get behind they will fold like a chair. They will NEVER comeback in a game with that guy at QB.

Not a big fan of your QB? He looked great against the Cats.

EndZoneQB
12-10-2023, 09:17 PM

My favorite was when we played a P5 team, they released the game as a "premium" game. I think it was the last Gophers game, but could be wrong, so it was the same price as Wisconsin/Iowa.

TAILG8R
12-10-2023, 09:23 PM
Not a big fan of your QB? He looked great against the Cats.

You should go back and watch their game against Furman. Griz QB is good for 2 picks next week and at least 4 passes so far off target even the defense won't have a chance.

heffray
12-10-2023, 09:39 PM
You should go back and watch their game against Furman. Griz QB is good for 2 picks next week and at least 4 passes so far off target even the defense won't have a chance.

Yeah I did. The Furman QB didn’t look great either so I figured it was a weather thing.

ALPHAGRIZ1
12-10-2023, 10:09 PM
Yeah I did. The Furman QB didn’t look great either so I figured it was a weather thing.

It was definitely not a weather thing, both of those QBs are not very accurate. Even some of McDowells completions are a bail out by the receiver.

When I saw the pass he threaded for the OT touchdown I chocked it up to a pass that he intended to be somewhere else and it was a good mistake it ended up where it did. He s a one read and then run guy so take away the read and rush the QB you will destroy the offense like Furman did.

It was picture perfect weather in the stadium last Friday and weather wont be a problem this week either. Even if it is both teams have to play in it and using that as an excuse is a weak cowards way of winning or losing a game. The better team almost always wins, regardless of noise, weather, field conditions or home field advantage. Its all bullshit made up by people that never played the game and have weak minds.

El_Chapo
12-10-2023, 10:29 PM
All these distractions is gonna be awesome for NDSU PLAYERS THIS WEEK

I think they come out Saturday more focused than ever!!

Where’s my tagline?

I can’t private message

You don’t get my posts until days later

I apologized for a bad joke.

heffray
12-10-2023, 10:38 PM
It was definitely not a weather thing, both of those QBs are not very accurate. Even some of McDowells completions are a bail out by the receiver.

When I saw the pass he threaded for the OT touchdown I chocked it up to a pass that he intended to be somewhere else and it was a good mistake it ended up where it did. He s a one read and then run guy so take away the read and rush the QB you will destroy the offense like Furman did.

It was picture perfect weather in the stadium last Friday and weather wont be a problem this week either. Even if it is both teams have to play in it and using that as an excuse is a weak cowards way of winning or losing a game. The better team almost always wins, regardless of noise, weather, field conditions or home field advantage. Its all bullshit made up by people that never played the game and have weak minds.

So the Cats game was an aberration?

southcliffbison
12-11-2023, 12:02 AM

Solid post, AG, solid !!

CAS4127
12-11-2023, 12:19 AM
I’m in for Missoula. Got 4 tickets (what I requested) through NDSU allotment. SDBison will be my travel partner.

Who else is in?

AphaG/Mike: You gonna be there for us to tailgate with?

Nutmeg
12-11-2023, 12:19 AM
Anyone know where NDSU will be staying in Missoula?

DuckDuckGriz
12-11-2023, 12:38 AM

I admittedly haven't watched McDowell all season but have since the Sac State game.

I don't know where else you think he'd have put that ball. He had White on a slant as the only WR to the endzone. That was exactly how it was scripted.

Welcome back to Missoula, Bison fans.

Should be a classic on Saturday afternoon.

Wolfie
12-11-2023, 12:41 AM
Anyone know where NDSU will be staying in Missoula?

I'd guess in a hotel. Hopefully not a motel, but you never know.
Matt Larsen could be trying to save money to pay for Dave Richmans next extension.

RobertMartin
12-11-2023, 01:13 AM

BOOM. My brother in-law, A Griz, is hoping for terrible weather, forecast is good, to help the Griz win.

Champions don’t make excuses.

ALPHAGRIZ1
12-11-2023, 07:00 AM
I’m in for Missoula. Got 4 tickets (what I requested) through NDSU allotment. SDBison will be my travel partner.

Who else is in?

AphaG/Mike: You gonna be there for us to tailgate with?

Absolutely, you guys are welcome anytime I will be there just like last game with Furman. Hit me up when you get to town

23Bison
12-11-2023, 01:11 PM
For the love of god all I want is the team that played last Saturday to show show up in Missoula!! QB under center! D Line imposing its will and the LBs playing hard and fast! OC to use the exact same play book minus one Cole run and turn it into a pass. That’s all I want.

TAILG8R
12-11-2023, 02:00 PM
For the love of god all I want is the team that played last Saturday to show show up in Missoula!! QB under center! D Line imposing its will and the LBs playing hard and fast! OC to use the exact same play book minus one Cole run and turn it into a pass. That’s all I want.

There has to be a short route to a TE or RB on those Cole runs that get stretched out wide all the way to the boundary(thanks Lee!) where he ends up just running out of bounds for no gain. Suck the defenders up and slide a TE across the field in behind them. I was waiting for it a couple times last week but of course it wasn't really necessary with the ass kicking that was happening.

Mr Meaty
12-11-2023, 02:18 PM
Looks like the line is NDSU -1.5.

gotts
12-11-2023, 02:20 PM
Gonna guess the Bison will open as 3 pt favorites.

Sagarin predictor has NDSU as a bit over a 4 point favorite (4.27) after a 2.37 home field advantage adjustment for Montana, so you're likely not far off.

Bisonator98
12-11-2023, 02:29 PM
There has to be a short route to a TE or RB on those Cole runs that get stretched out wide all the way to the boundary(thanks Lee!) where he ends up just running out of bounds for no gain. Suck the defenders up and slide a TE across the field in behind them. I was waiting for it a couple times last week but of course it wasn't really necessary with the ass kicking that was happening.

I've been saying this all the time yet it never looks like it's even in play. That's a huge knock on Roehls play calls IMO. There should be multiple outlets on any given play yet so many of our plays seem to be only designed for a single outcome. Huge flaw in play design IMO

23Bison
12-11-2023, 02:33 PM
I really thought that they'd bait the secondary and LB with this Cole run and he'd gather his feet and rip one over their heads for a 20 yd completion. Maybe someday we'll see this.

MontBison
12-11-2023, 02:45 PM
Solid post, AG, solid !!

AG1 is a great FCS mind and calls it like it is. More fans should be like alpha. The Griz fan base is so delusional that they kicked him off their board because he wasn’t drinking the koolaide. Think about that for a second. Other AG1 accomplishments

-Predicted CW would be a first round draft pick one day before he ever saw the field.
- Predicted we would embarrass the Griz in the playoffs in 2015
- Turned water into wine

southcliffbison
12-11-2023, 04:10 PM
AG1 is a great FCS mind and calls it like it is. More fans should be like alpha. The Griz fan base is so delusional that they kicked him off their board because he wasn’t drinking the koolaide. Think about that for a second. Other AG1 accomplishments

-Predicted CW would be a first round draft pick one day before he ever saw the field.
- Predicted we would embarrass the Griz in the playoffs in 2015
- Turned water into wine

A note to posters: the initials "CW" belong to 3 very important people in the minds and hearts of the Bison faithful. " CW" can refer to Carson Wentz, Christian Watson , and now Cole Wisniewski..............just saying.

MontBison
12-11-2023, 04:24 PM
A note to posters: the initials "CW" belong to 3 very important people in the minds and hearts of the Bison faithful. " CW" can refer to Carson Wentz, Christian Watson , and now Cole Wisniewski..............just saying.

Those other two jokers can be referred to as CW once they win a superbowl.

23Bison
12-11-2023, 04:31 PM
We haven't been talking about Carson Wentz this entire time?

TransAmBison
12-11-2023, 04:36 PM
Alpha said if they get behind they would fold...but he didn't say we had it in the bag. He chooses his words carefully...I like that about him. I remember us going out there for the first game of the season...if memory serves Alpha was similarly heaping the praise...but there were little warnings that came out too. Something about Griz finding a way to win big games at home. No way we see the Griz that played this last Friday.

The noise is going to cause some issues...we've had too many false starts lately...made for uncomfortable 3rd downs. If we can find a way to pull this one out, I think we have a 50/50 chance of beating SDSU. They are not playing their best ball right now.

reformedUNDfan
12-11-2023, 04:37 PM

When we had this discourse a year ago it was determined that NDSU has the highest ticket prices in football

TAILG8R
12-11-2023, 04:39 PM
Alpha said if they get behind they would fold...but he didn't say we had it in the bag. He chooses his words carefully...I like that about him. I remember us going out there for the first game of the season...if memory serves Alpha was similarly heaping the praise...but there were little warnings that came out too. Something about Griz finding a way to win big games at home. No way we see the Griz that played this last Friday.

The noise is going to cause some issues...we've had too many false starts lately...made for uncomfortable 3rd downs. If we can find a way to pull this one out, I think we have a 50/50 chance of beating SDSU. They are not playing their best ball right now.

Agree with all of this. The false starts at USD last week were frustrating even with the ass whooping and at some point we aren't going to be able to convert 3-4 3rd and 15+ in the same game.

But from what I saw in the Griz Furman game if we can get up early(even by 10 at halftime) I think their play calling will become head scratching and their QB will fold.

Jim Puetz
12-11-2023, 08:31 PM
We got this game in the bag, we are 2-0 in semifinal games when our head coach announces that he's leaving for a new position. We are also 2-0 in National Championship games when this happens. All important things happen in 3's so I'm very excited about the new developments.

ALPHAGRIZ1
12-11-2023, 08:34 PM

When a guy in a pimp ass yellow over coat gives you a compliment, you take it and appreciate it.

Its better than the alternative, tasting the backside of his pimp hand while the baller runs da streets callin shots, and gettin paid!!

MontBison
12-11-2023, 10:33 PM
Line opens as a pickem.

Gully
12-12-2023, 01:28 AM
Is there a game this weekend?

Professor Chaos
12-12-2023, 01:39 AM
Line opens as a pickem.
5dimes had it at Bison -2.5 yesterday. I saw it was -1 earlier today so it continues to slide in Montana's favor.

bisonaudit
12-12-2023, 02:18 AM
Mobile betting is legal in MT.

Edit: apparently this is only technically true. You can place a wager on your phone but you need to be at an authorized lottery location to do it.

CAS4127
12-12-2023, 02:22 AM
5dimes had it at Bison -2.5 yesterday. I saw it was -1 earlier today so it continues to slide in Montana's favor.

Some health issues going on in Bison camp. Not sure dimes would know that tho.

heffray
12-12-2023, 03:54 AM
Some health issues going on in Bison camp. Not sure dimes would know that tho.

Also the whole head coach news may be impacting it…

thebootfitter
12-12-2023, 06:31 AM
Absolutely, you guys are welcome anytime I will be there just like last game with Furman. Hit me up when you get to town
I’ve got tickets and hotel booked. Staying just across the river.

Will plan to find you in the tailgate lots.

My 12-yr old son and big Bison fan will be with me, along with another fellow NDSU grad and his 12-yr old son.

Eight years is too long! 😜

NDSU92
12-12-2023, 10:37 AM

I think both Montana State and USD games did the same. Money went the other way after opening.

ndsubison1
12-12-2023, 01:56 PM

We need to smack them in the mouth early and limit big plays. They are very good at getting big plays. Weather looks good, but if anything changes our team is very good at adapting. If there's snow/wet field we will likely get a lot of big plays in the run game.

Bisonator98
12-12-2023, 01:59 PM
Need to kick the ball out of bounds or thru the endzone and not give Bergen an opportunity to return it. Give them the ball on the 35 is better then risking a TD especially since our coverage sucks anyway.

CAS4127
12-12-2023, 02:03 PM
We need to smack them in the mouth early and limit big plays. They are very good at getting big plays. Weather looks good but if anything changes, our team is very good at adapting. If there's snow/wet field we will likely get a lot of big plays in the run game.

I’m interested in seeing how we attack (or don’t) the huge splits the Griz OL uses. Difficult for them to double team using those. Hoping our Dline can win one-on-ones and keep LBs clean. Also, will we see more LB blitzes? If so, hoping the timing is better than last USD and some other games.

GreenfieldBison
12-12-2023, 03:31 PM
I have not watched all of this yet but here it is for you to enjoy...

Montana presser posted 12 hrs ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVT-jMdbAyM

No, sorry, like most schools they do not give the reporters a microphone when asking their questions...

G_Funky
12-12-2023, 04:12 PM
I really thought that they'd bait the secondary and LB with this Cole run and he'd gather his feet and rip one over their heads for a 20 yd completion. Maybe someday we'll see this.

Remember SDSU in 2022? We did just that and Cole threw a TD to Luepke down the seam. It was beautiful.

Then Cam completed a pass down to the 2 yard line, got a penalty for shooting a fake arrow, and we tried to run the exact same play that ended up being an interception. Then the wheels fell off.

Not saying that should deter us from trying to throw when Cole is in. Hell USD had 9 guys in the box when Cole was on the field. They were daring Tyler to throw the ball. Didnt need to as half of his carries resulted in touchdowns.

I predict that at some point this year we are going to see something from Cole where either he throws the ball OR they do a throw back to Cole like the one they ran against JMU in the semis of 2021 that was a sure touchdown that Quincy dropped.

cbline
12-12-2023, 04:20 PM
Remember SDSU in 2022? We did just that and Cole threw a TD to Luepke down the seam. It was beautiful.

Then Cam completed a pass down to the 2 yard line, got a penalty for shooting a fake arrow, and we tried to run the exact same play that ended up being an interception. Then the wheels fell off.

Not saying that should deter us from trying to throw when Cole is in. Hell USD had 9 guys in the box when Cole was on the field. They were daring Tyler to throw the ball. Didnt need to as half of his carries resulted in touchdowns.

I predict that at some point this year we are going to see something from Cole where either he throws the ball OR they do a throw back to Cole like the one they ran against JMU in the semis of 2021 that was a sure touchdown that Quincy dropped.

Still groan whenever I recall that play. :(

NI4NI
12-12-2023, 06:08 PM
Need to kick the ball out of bounds or thru the endzone and not give Bergen an opportunity to return it. Give them the ball on the 35 is better then risking a TD especially since our coverage sucks anyway.

They can (and probably will) simply make us kick from 5 yds further back.

TAILG8R
12-12-2023, 06:16 PM
They can (and probably will) simply make us kick from 5 yds further back.

Correct, I would at least give it a shot if I was the Griz. With that return guy you give up the 35 for a chance at a return.

NI4NI
12-12-2023, 06:23 PM
Correct, I would at least give it a shot if I was the Griz. With that return guy you give up the 35 for a chance at a return.

Absolutely. With Bergen as a weapon, a good coach would tell him to return every damned one!

tony
12-12-2023, 06:26 PM

When Cole comes in, NDSU is really running the wildcat more than our base offense, or am I missing something? Even the announcers were calling a Cole run. Not that it mattered - Cole had 6 runs, two for long TDs and a 4th down conversion which is a success ratio that most teams would die for.

Yeah, he can pass out of it - NDSU always seems to play the long game on things like that. The thing is people are still committing hard to the RB on the read-option (well, maybe USD wasn't in this last game) so you take what they give you (just my opinion.)

TNbison
12-12-2023, 07:11 PM
I'm still waiting for a bit of trickery timed correctly in this playoff run(if needed of course)

SDbison
12-12-2023, 07:22 PM
I’m interested in seeing how we attack (or don’t) the huge splits the Griz OL uses. Difficult for them to double team using those. Hoping our Dline can win one-on-ones and keep LBs clean. Also, will we see more LB blitzes? If so, hoping the timing is better than last USD and some other games. I agree it will be interesting to see how our coaches use the large O-line splits to our advantage. Our D line does better when active, not restricted in close confines and getting manhandled. I also hope our offense has more quick hitting run plays to our RB's and more throws over the middle to WR's, TE's, FB's. Use the QB run less often, but as needed to throw them off balance, and get short yardage from under center. Doubt NDSU holds Montana to less than 20 points so need to keep the offense moving.

AKBison
12-12-2023, 07:37 PM
Their QB is Freshman of the year correct? Gotta think he is sniffing around already for offers. What year is Bergen? He's got be getting offers as well. We are a galvanized team right now and if we can get up early, those guys might fold it up and play like Cam Newton in the Super Bowl.

El_Chapo
12-12-2023, 07:49 PM
Their QB is Freshman of the year correct? Gotta think he is sniffing around already for offers. What year is Bergen? He's got be getting offers as well. We are a galvanized team right now and if we can get up early, those guys might fold it up and play like Cam Newton in the Super Bowl.

Bergen to Colorado is the rumor

bstark28
12-12-2023, 07:50 PM

It was actually their RB, Gillman, who was the Freshman of the Year...QB was a transfer from Central Arkansas

THEsocalledfan
12-12-2023, 07:52 PM
It was actually their RB, Gillman, who was the Freshman of the Year...QB was a transfer from Central Arkansas

Wow, beat out by the UNI reject.....

MangyOldBison
12-12-2023, 09:26 PM
Skin them Griz! :biggrin::biggrin:

https://youtu.be/p4NSa4riL_I?si=-qrDDxjOOsEtp0vs

WhoRepsTheLurker
12-12-2023, 11:27 PM
Skin them Griz! :biggrin::biggrin:

https://youtu.be/p4NSa4riL_I?si=-qrDDxjOOsEtp0vs

You skin griz pilgrim?

MSU tougher than UM, IMO. Brawl-of-Wild was anomaly. Just look how MSU played the bunnies in brookings. Wonky meaningless shit happens in in-state rivalry games up here (see fighting hawks). Go Bison!!

Mr Pep Band
12-13-2023, 04:27 PM
Forecast in Missoula Saturday calls for a high of 30, patchy fog, and light wind. Sounds better than the wildfire smoke game.

BiZon22
12-13-2023, 05:01 PM
Forecast in Missoula Saturday calls for a high of 30, patchy fog, and light wind. Sounds better than the wildfire smoke game.

Looks like the fog should burn off by kickoff too, weather shouldn’t be a factor in this one if the forecast holds

MyOhMy
12-13-2023, 05:09 PM
weather shouldn’t be a factor in this one if the forecast holds

Gotta love El Nino...

autogriz
12-13-2023, 07:24 PM
Bergen to Colorado is the rumor

Don't think soooo..... Family is all in Montana.! Some lesser players have been rumored to leave, but you know how rumors go... Go GRIZ!!!!!!!!!!

ndsubison1
12-13-2023, 07:29 PM
I was impressed with Bergen, he really is a playmaker. Any Griz fans out there let me know the low down on your QB? Strengths, weaknesses?

southcliffbison
12-13-2023, 09:48 PM
Don't think soooo..... Family is all in Montana.! Some lesser players have been rumored to leave, but you know how rumors go... Go GRIZ!!!!!!!!!!

So was Grant Nelson's family..........

ALPHAGRIZ1
12-13-2023, 10:37 PM
I was impressed with Bergen, he really is a playmaker. Any Griz fans out there let me know the low down on your QB? Strengths, weaknesses?

Bison undoubtably have the better QB and its not even debatable.

Miller threw for 831 more yards than McDowell had a much higher completion % (74.5 to 59.5)
Miller threw for more TD's (18 to 12) and one more INT 4 to 3

Miler was more efficient on field throwing the ball and has total control over the Bison offense.
Miller rushed for 735 yards compared to McDowells 848.

Miller often comes out in games throwing the ball high and IMO its because he has pretty bad footwork and balance issues. He is constantly not getting his hips around when he rolls out and throws off his back foot fading backwards when pressured. Its not a knock on him its just what he does and he still wins games.

McDowell is a RB playing QB, he is a one read guy that rarely runs through progressions and is easily flustered when pressure is put on him. You get to him a couple times early and rattle him he isn't the same guy playing from in front and comfortable. Just like most QBs He isnt consistent enough or accurate enough to bring a team back with his arm if they are playing from behind. That will just not happen. Miller has proven he can do that.

That was evident last week against Furman when our offense put up 21 points against a very good Paladin defense. Without the 2 special teams scores in that game you guys are playing is South Carolina this week.

Positions I think you guys have advantages are QB, RB, OL DL, maybe your secondary but it could also be a wash. Griz have Fouch, Walker, Graves and Gradney You guys have Wisnewski, Jung, Price. Montana tackles better in secondary
Montana has a slight advantage at LB, small fast and deep. They have guys like Lee, Hill, Flink, Janacaro and Wilson that tackle well and really IMO the only LB you guys have that compares to that group is Kopp Hendricks and Gubner are the studs on the DL, Montana doesnt have much after Gubner so the advantage goes to NDSU on the DL

Special teams is basically a wash with the exception of Bergen as a return guy, maybe Bison have a slightly better kicker its all close.

I think talent and depth favor the Bison but that doesn't always equate to winning. It should be a good balanced game and if played clean (no turnovers) might come down to who has the ball last. If one team gets a couple turnovers and more possessions because of that, might be the difference. Your offense is better than ours and I think our defense is slightly better than yours with the exception of the DL. It's all close and all the teams left are good but these two seem to be peaking lately and SDSU isn't

Should be a good one

autogriz
12-14-2023, 12:07 AM
Also, remember McDowell didn;t see action until the 5th game against ISU.... From there out, he wins every game so far... Can't say that for Miller.... McDowell is a momentum leader & does not quit.... If McDowell had those other 4 games under his belt, I don't think Miller would be much better in stats than McDowell, we shall see... GO GRIZ.....
Also, remember McDowell didn't see action until the 5th game against ISU...From there out, he wins every game so far, can't say that for Miller... He is a momentum leader & does not quit...

Miller threw for 831 more yards than McDowell had a much higher completion % (74.5 to 59.5)

Miler was more efficient on field throwing the ball and has total control over the Bison offense.

Miller often comes out in games throwing the ball high and IMO its because he has pretty bad footwork and balance issues. He is constantly not getting his hips around when he rolls out and throws off his back foot fading backwards when pressured. Its not a knock on him its just what he does and he still wins games.

McDowell is a RB playing QB, he is a one read guy that rarely runs through progressions and is easily flustered when pressure is put on him. You get to him a couple times early and rattle him he isn't the same guy playing from in front and comfortable. Just like most QBs He isnt consistent enough or accurate enough to bring a team back with his arm if they are playing from behind. That will just not happen. Miller has proven he can do that.

That was evident last week against Furman when our offense put up 21 points against a very good Paladin defense. Without the 2 special teams scores in that game you guys are playing is South Carolina this week.

Positions I think you guys have advantages are QB, RB, OL DL, maybe your secondary but it could also be a wash. Griz have Fouch, Walker, Graves and Gradney You guys have Wisnewski, Jung, Price. Montana tackles better in secondary
Montana has a slight advantage at LB, small fast and deep. They have guys like Lee, Hill, Flink, Janacaro and Wilson that tackle well and really IMO the only LB you guys have that compares to that group is Hendricks

Special teams is basically a wash with the exception of Bergen as a return guy, maybe Bison have a slightly better kicker its all close.

I think talent and depth favor the Bison but that doesn't always equate to winning. It should be a good balanced game and if played clean (no turnovers) might come down to who has the ball last. If one team gets a couple turnovers and more possessions because of that, might be the difference. Your offense is better than ours and I think our defense is slightly better than yours with the exception of the DL. It's all close and all the teams left are good but these two seem to be peaking lately and SDSU isn't

Should be a good one
Also, remember McDowell didn;t see action until the 5th game against ISU.... From there out, he wins every game so far... Can't say that for Miller.... McDowell is a momentum leader & does not quit.... If McDowell had those other 4 games under his belt, I don't think Miller would be much better in stats than McDowell, we shall see... GO GRIZ....

Professor Chaos
12-14-2023, 12:08 AM
I'm hoping we can see Eli Mostaert be a game wrecker in this one. With the wide splits the Montana o-line employs he'll have more room to work (and maybe more 1-on-1 matchups) than he's used to and I think if they can get pressure right up the middle on McDowell they're going to make him very uncomfortable back there.

CAS4127
12-14-2023, 12:12 AM

Montana has a slight advantage at LB, small fast and deep. They have guys like Lee, Hill, Flink, Janacaro and Wilson that tackle well and really IMO the only LB you guys have that compares to that group is Hendricks

Should be a good one

Agree with a lot of this, especially McDowell. Reminds of Quincy Patterson, but not nearly as good of a runner and not even close on the toughness side. We smoke him a couple times and intercept and I could see him bailing with an “injury”.

Also, if anyone is looking for tickets, I have 2 extra. I’ll sell to Griz fans even, provided you’re not a Dick or Karen.

CAS4127
12-14-2023, 12:14 AM
Also, remember McDowell didn;t see action until the 5th game against ISU.... From there out, he wins every game so far... Can't say that for Miller.... McDowell is a momentum leader & does not quit.... If McDowell had those other 4 games under his belt, I don't think Miller would be much better in stats than McDowell, we shall see... GO GRIZ....

Huge difference in accuracy between the 2, and that is a big deal this time of year.

heffray
12-14-2023, 12:51 AM

The “Hendricks” who sees playing time is #95 Dylan who plays DE… we do have a True Freshman Josh Hendricks #41 who has not seen playing time so I think you are referring to #43 Logan Kopp but I would be interested to hear which of our LBs you’ve seen actually play the position well as it has not been great, Kopp as the exception…

LefseBison
12-14-2023, 01:00 AM
I am concerned about what role the altitude will play in our guys' games as the Griz are used to the altitude. When I was in Denver, I played a game of basketball our of doors, and dang, that basketball went flying up very high. :confused:

Hammerhead
12-14-2023, 01:20 AM
I am concerned about what role the altitude will play in our guys' games as the Griz are used to the altitude. When I was in Denver, I played a game of basketball our of doors, and dang, that basketball went flying up very high. :confused:

Missoula is at 3200’ and Bozeman is 4800’ so they do have some experience at higher elevations.

mtoutfitter
12-14-2023, 01:38 AM
The “Hendricks” who sees playing time is #95 Dylan who plays DE… we do have a True Freshman Josh Hendricks #41 who has not seen playing time so I think you are referring to #43 Logan Kopp but I would be interested to hear which of our LBs you’ve seen actually play the position well as it has not been great, Kopp as the exception…

I'm thinking he meant edge rushers in general, not necessarily just OLBs.

heffray
12-14-2023, 01:44 AM
I'm thinking he meant edge rushers in general, not necessarily just OLBs.

Perhaps, but his exact statement was “ the only LB you guys have that compares to that group is Hendricks.”

…seems like he’s talking about Linebackers which are distinctly different than edge rushers, even if they are being asked to blitz from an edge from time to time.

mtoutfitter
12-14-2023, 01:46 AM
Perhaps, but his exact statement was “ the only LB you guys have that compares to that group is Hendricks.”

…seems like he’s talking about Linebackers which are distinctly different than edge rushers, even if they are being asked to blitz from an edge from time to time.

You could be right. Just a guess on my part.

CAS4127
12-14-2023, 02:06 AM
You could be right. Just a guess on my part.

Neither of you really know wth you’re talking about generally, so ….

heffray
12-14-2023, 02:16 AM

This is a really fair point.

mtoutfitter
12-14-2023, 03:11 AM

I'll be sure to clear a nice spot on the floor for you.

CAS4127
12-14-2023, 03:28 AM
I'll be sure to clear a nice spot on the floor for you.

Bringing an oversized cot with from my wilderness elk hunt days. Just make sure the outhouse shitter is clean and has several rolls of asswipe and I’ll be good.

mtoutfitter
12-14-2023, 03:29 AM
Bringing an oversized cot with from my wilderness elk hunt days. Just make sure the outhouse shitter is clean and has several rolls of asswipe and I’ll be good.

Perfect. That'll fit in perfectly.

CAS4127
12-14-2023, 03:36 AM

Yep—you should fit it perfectly.

GreenfieldBison
12-14-2023, 03:37 AM
Probably the floor he was talking about no?

CAS4127
12-14-2023, 03:57 AM
Probably the floor he was talking about no?

Not sure—that’s why I bring everything I need to survive when staying at his place, guns and knives included.

mtoutfitter
12-14-2023, 04:07 AM
Not sure—that’s why I bring everything I need to survive when staying at his place, guns and knives included.

Good thinking....Don't leave home without em.

heffray
12-14-2023, 10:56 AM

Everyone has their kinks. I don’t judge.

Bisonator98
12-14-2023, 11:53 AM

Not in a 3/4 scheme

heffray
12-14-2023, 12:05 PM
Not in a 3/4 scheme

I didn’t think NDSU runs a 3-4?

TransAmBison
12-14-2023, 12:12 PM

Masters at disguising the defense.

Bisonator98
12-14-2023, 12:13 PM

We don't but MT does that's probably why AG1 referenced an edge rusher as a LBer......just sayin

heffray
12-14-2023, 12:29 PM
We don't but MT does that's probably why AG1 referenced an edge rusher as a LBer......just sayin

Ahhh now it makes sense. Thank you.

heffray
12-14-2023, 12:30 PM
Masters at disguising the defense.

Lol so masterful the coaches are disguising it from their own players…

southcliffbison
12-14-2023, 02:16 PM

You are a gracious host, Craig. However, I would swap out the double ply toilet paper. I mean you have a couple of old catalogues laying around, don't ya?

LefseBison
12-14-2023, 02:17 PM
You are a gracious host, Craig. However, I would swap out the double ply toilet paper. I mean you have a couple of old catalogues laying around, don't ya?

Catalogues??? CORN COBS baby! :nod:

gumby013
12-14-2023, 04:08 PM
There is one playoff flight to stalk today....

https://www.flightaware.com/live/flight/VXP8580/history/20231214/1800Z/KALB/KFSD

cbline
12-14-2023, 04:15 PM

https://www.flightaware.com/live/flight/VXP8580/history/20231214/1800Z/KALB/KFSD

Come on, Danes! Take down the Bunnies!

Question: Why don't they fly directly to Brookings? :)

MyOhMy
12-14-2023, 04:37 PM

They could but then this guy would be the pilot...

BISONBRI53
12-14-2023, 04:37 PM

I heard they held cheerleading tryouts on the runways this year and the weight could not be supported so they had to shut it down...

ALPHAGRIZ1
12-14-2023, 05:16 PM

You are right, I messed up my post there was supposed to be a couple more sentances in there that for some reason I left out. I meant to compare DL with Gubner from Montana and Hendricks being the guys. Kopp is your bright spot at LB.

My bad sorry for the confusion I am pretty broke up about the whole Lakes being banned thing, (not really) its starting to effect my posting.

Fixed my original post

THEsocalledfan
12-14-2023, 05:20 PM

Love how every team going to Verm or Brookville needs to fly to Sioux Falls.

heffray
12-14-2023, 05:31 PM
You are right, I messed up my post there was supposed to be a couple more sentances in there that for some reason I left out. I meant to compare DL with Gubner from Montana and Hendricks being the guys. Kopp is your bright spot at LB.

My bad sorry for the confusion I am pretty broke up about the whole Lakes being banned thing, (not really) its starting to effect my posting.

Fixed my original post

You got it, bud. Good post either way.

totoinfl
12-14-2023, 05:52 PM

I think MT runs a 3-3-5

HerdBot
12-14-2023, 06:04 PM

Unless the entire Bunnies team gets Covid, that will never happen. I bet they win by 50

ALPHAGRIZ1
12-14-2023, 07:02 PM
I think MT runs a 3-3-5

We do run a 3-3-5

NI4NI
12-14-2023, 07:36 PM
Unless the entire Bunnies team gets Covid, that will never happen. I bet they win by 50

I'm surrounded by Jacks fans and one was acting concerned about tomorrow's game. I said there's a better chance of the sun not rising tomorrow than albany winning.

MyOhMy
12-14-2023, 07:45 PM
I said there's a better chance of the sun not rising tomorrow than albany winning.

So you're telling me there's a chance...

ALPHAGRIZ1
12-14-2023, 07:50 PM
I'm surrounded by Jacks fans and one was acting concerned about tomorrow's game. I said there's a better chance of the sun not rising tomorrow than albany winning.

I think Albany has a chance. SDSU IMO wont be able to run on them like they do other teams. Dane front 7 on defense is too good. SDSU will have to throw more like Idaho did last week and they should be able to do that to some extent. If this game is played clean (no turnovers) its gonna be fairly close either way.

EndZoneQB
12-14-2023, 07:59 PM
I think Albany has a chance. SDSU IMO wont be able to run on them like they do other teams. Dane front 7 on defense is too good. SDSU will have to throw more like Idaho did last week and they should be able to do that to some extent. If this game is played clean (no turnovers) its gonna be fairly close either way.

And sometimes when you have these long streaks, it gets more difficult to keep it going the longer you have it. If they get behind, I could see them panicking.

NI4NI
12-14-2023, 08:08 PM
I'm sorry, but I just don't see it.
How does Lakes say it? "It's in the bag"!

mriordan23
12-14-2023, 09:37 PM
I know Montana has a couple key OL dudes who matter whose status is up in the air. Read earlier on the thread that the Bizzzzon are dealing with "health issues" themselves. Is there some illness going around the team or other injuries?

You guys seem like you are peaking at the right time but the Coaching turmoil and 3rd straight road game seems like a lot to ask. Watched the Montana QB last week and he at times didn't see defenders. He's electric athlete and I assume having to guard him makes the pass game easier for him but he really was scary at times in the throw game as far as throwing it near defenders.

NI4NI
12-14-2023, 09:42 PM
I know Montana has a couple key OL dudes who matter whose status is up in the air. Read earlier on the thread that the Bizzzzon are dealing with "health issues" themselves. Is there some illness going around the team or other injuries?

You guys seem like you are peaking at the right time but the Coaching turmoil and 3rd straight road game seems like a lot to ask. Watched the Montana QB last week and he at times didn't see defenders. He's electric athlete and I assume having to guard him makes the pass game easier for him but he really was scary at times in the throw game as far as throwing it near defenders.

Great first post!
Welcome to the asylum!(even though you've been here nearly 3 years!)

heffray
12-14-2023, 09:43 PM

Where does thine allegiances lie?

mriordan23
12-14-2023, 10:06 PM
Like to put a buck or two on a game! grew up in JMU country and went to Richmond! Went to frisco for a couple of the JMU champ runs, including one where it was freezing cold in 2018. great game.

TAILG8R
12-14-2023, 10:15 PM

Coach Entz mentioned at least one player that had some flu like symptoms earlier this week but haven't heard anymore about that since. I think the coaching change will actually have a positive impact. Not because the players want him to go but the culture here plus the players(and other coaches) knowing this same thing has happened twice previously in the last 10 years somehow makes it more normal.

I watched the Montana game last week and their QB looked awful. 2 out of 5 passes were so far off the mark it was crazy. I feel like there are 2 INTs waiting for the Bison D on Saturday.

heffray
12-14-2023, 10:19 PM
Like to put a buck or two on a game! grew up in JMU country and went to Richmond! Went to frisco for a couple of the JMU champ runs, including one where it was freezing cold in 2018. great game.

Interesting time to start posting here but welcome.

StL Bison Fan
12-14-2023, 10:20 PM
150 miles til we get to Billings. 42 degrees and no snow.
Sun was shining the whole way.

mtoutfitter
12-14-2023, 10:25 PM
150 miles til we get to Billings. 42 degrees and no snow.
Sun was shining the whole way.

Must be about Miles City.

mriordan23
12-14-2023, 10:37 PM
Been lurking for a while!

ALPHAGRIZ1
12-14-2023, 10:45 PM
Coach Entz mentioned at least one player that had some flu like symptoms earlier this week but haven't heard anymore about that since. I think the coaching change will actually have a positive impact. Not because the players want him to go but the culture here plus the players(and other coaches) knowing this same thing has happened twice previously in the last 10 years somehow makes it more normal.

I watched the Montana game last week and their QB looked awful. 2 out of 5 passes were so far off the mark it was crazy. I feel like there are 2 INTs waiting for the Bison D on Saturday.

Yeah and that was a good day passing for him. The over throws by him are double the completions. Think about it, his completion % is under 60% throwing the ball sideways 5 to 10 yards most of the time. Even half his completions are poor throws. Dude is not accurate and hes not going to be accurate. Most QBs in our style of offense would be completing close to 70+%. Like every other QB in the nation

TAILG8R
12-14-2023, 10:47 PM
Yeah and that was a good day passing for him. The over throws by him are double the completions. Think about it, his completion % is under 60% throwing the ball sideways 5 to 10 yards most of the time. Even half his completions are poor throws. Dude is not accurate and hes not going to be accurate.

From what I saw if NDSU can force him to stay in the pocket or at least not give him open lanes to take off it will be a long day for the Montana offense. Especially if NDSU's offense starts out fast.

ALPHAGRIZ1
12-14-2023, 10:51 PM
From what I saw if NDSU can force him to stay in the pocket or at least not give him open lanes to take off it will be a long day for the Montana offense. Especially if NDSU's offense starts out fast.

Oh absolutely.

Look what Furmans defense did and I think they had a damn good front 7 but you guys can match that and you have better scheme. Hit him early, he will panic and make mistakes. His only positive attribute at QB is he can run well. He's got away with 3 dropped INTs in the playoffs so far from balls either so far off target or desperation panic throws that should have been gobbled up like an eGriz poster with a basket of dicks.

mriordan23
12-14-2023, 10:54 PM
From Hero sports (maybe where the illness stuff came from)

Hendricks did leave last week’s game and didn’t return. Head coach Matt Entz said he’s hopeful Hendricks will be ready for Montana, but also mentioned Hendricks and some others in the locker room are dealing with flu-like symptoms.

Montana’s starting left tackle Chris Walker didn’t play last week after an injury late in the second-round game. Guards Liam Brown and Hunter Mayginnes have also missed time recently.

StL Bison Fan
12-14-2023, 10:58 PM
Must be about Miles City.

Yes indeed. Going to stay in Billings. I have been to Missoula for meetings, I want to go through when I can see the views

Professor Chaos
12-15-2023, 12:01 AM
Some condensed Montana games (10-15 minute each) if you want to take a better look at them:

vs Furman (quarters - W 35-28 OT): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSSy7ZE7bro
vs Delaware (2nd round - W 49-19): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqfx3FFfQZc
vs Montana St (week 12 - W 37-7): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td-_ZB8RRHw
at Portland St (week 11 - W 34-10): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd-warLwmy8
vs Sac St (week 10 - W 34-7): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTxgd5IwhKM
at UC Davis (week 6 - W 31-23): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqKUWFH1DVA
vs Idaho St (week 5 - W 28-20): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RnnNXkL13I
at Northern Arizona (week 4 - L 14-28): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgYSPspTfB4
at Utah Tech (week 2 - W 43-13): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRJlK4jREx8
vs Butler (week 1 - W 35-20): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ7xEOPecgw

autogriz
12-15-2023, 12:57 AM

You mean like your defense did against the Bobcats? Their offense & QB burned your D-Fence for 500 yrds offensively.... (without their two star OL). The Griz Have a way better offense than the Cats... Just look at past opponents they both played, no comparison....

GreenfieldBison
12-15-2023, 01:01 AM
You mean like your defense did against the Bobcats? Their offense & QB burned your D-Fence for 500 yrds offensively.... (without their two star OL). The Griz Have a way better offense than the Cats... Just look at past opponents they both played, no comparison....
WHOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHH!

Tho down there bear! Welcome to the cage!

Youre right. Our guys are soft as baby shit. You got this in the bag.

heffray
12-15-2023, 01:03 AM

We got a live one, guys…

TAILG8R
12-15-2023, 01:03 AM

Your QB is no where near the runner Melot is and unless your game plan is to run him 70% of the time he won’t be nearly as effective either.

Our D is WAY down this year and very suspect in the middle run game. But again if on passing plays our dline can be disciplined I have a feeling you QB will fold under pressure and when he does from what I’ve seen he likes to pout about it.

Gonna be a good game. I think it’s more about if your D can stop NDSU tbh.

Bisonator98
12-15-2023, 01:07 AM

What happened against Northern Arizona? The other scores look very similar

autogriz
12-15-2023, 01:29 AM
Your QB is no where near the runner Melot is and unless your game plan is to run him 70% of the time he won’t be nearly as effective either.

Our D is WAY down this year and very suspect in the middle run game. But again if on passing plays our dline can be disciplined I have a feeling you QB will fold under pressure and when he does from what I’ve seen he likes to pout about it.

Gonna be a good game. I think it’s more about if your D can stop NDSU tbh.

Your right about not being as fast as Mellott, But the cats hardly utilized any of their running backs, Mellott is not that accurate either, he threw very little against the Bison, Thats the difference in the Griz offense, they use their running backs & are effective to keep the defenses guessing.. Should be a great battle up front....

RobertMartin
12-15-2023, 01:31 AM
Yes indeed. Going to stay in Billings. I have been to Missoula for meetings, I want to go through when I can see the views

Welcome to Billings. If you want a good beer go to Meadowlark Brewery. It started in Sidney. Travis is a great guy and wrestled in Sidney, loves sports.

autogriz
12-15-2023, 01:34 AM
you mean all the ones with a W after it?

Professor Chaos
12-15-2023, 01:38 AM
McDowell looked a lot better throwing the ball against Montana St and Delaware than he did against Furman. I'd suspect Furman's defense had something to do with that. I had never seen Mellott throw the ball as well as he did against the NDSU defense a couple weeks ago so hopefullly McDowell doesn't follow suit.

autogriz
12-15-2023, 01:40 AM
Do You mean the other scores with a W after it?

TAILG8R
12-15-2023, 01:40 AM
Your right about not being as fast as Mellott, But the cats hardly utilized any of their running backs, Mellott is not that accurate either, he threw very little against the Bison, Thats the difference in the Griz offense, they use their running backs & are effective to keep the defenses guessing.. Should be a great battle up front....

Mallot used to be a lot less accurate than he showed this year but from what I saw and your QBs comp % I’m not sure anyone can say he’s more accurate than Mellot.

TAILG8R
12-15-2023, 01:42 AM
I love having fans from other teams actually believing they have a better team. It’s been awhile. Hell even the bunnies fans took until very recently to have confidence in their team against NDSU in the playoffs.

heffray
12-15-2023, 01:47 AM
I love having fans from other teams actually believing they have a better team. It’s been awhile. Hell even the bunnies fans took until very recently to have confidence in their team against NDSU in the playoffs.

Even this year some bunny fans were not confident prior to the marker game, iirc…

autogriz
12-15-2023, 01:48 AM
In the Furman game, the right side of our OL were out injured & replaced by two freshmen, that's where all the pressure was coming from. The prior two games before that, no problems, solid blocking & time to pass or run.... The Oline should be 100% ready to go..... Go GRIZ!!!!!

autogriz
12-15-2023, 01:58 AM
I saw two of the three games the Bison lost this year, looked pretty mediocre to me, believe me, they are very beatable. I still love it to when fans believe their empire will never collapse even after losing 3 games....!

GreenfieldBison
12-15-2023, 02:06 AM
I saw two of the three games the Bison lost this year, looked pretty mediocre to me, believe me, they are very beatable. I still love it to when fans believe their empire will never collapse even after losing 3 games....!
Well said bot!!

Go Bison!!! Skin them griz!!!

* btw, it’s too, not to. Junior.

TAILG8R
12-15-2023, 02:31 AM

Extremely beatable and way below standards here. Which makes it even more(or less depending on your FCS apathy) delicious they are unseeded and one Griz stomping from Frisco.

mriordan23
12-15-2023, 02:51 AM
In the Furman game, the right side of our OL were out injured & replaced by two freshmen, that's where all the pressure was coming from. The prior two games before that, no problems, solid blocking & time to pass or run.... The Oline should be 100% ready to go..... Go GRIZ!!!!!

Are the OL guys ready to go?

TAILG8R
12-15-2023, 02:52 AM

I hope so. I don’t want any excuses.

RobertMartin
12-15-2023, 03:01 AM

Can they play? Possibly. Are they 100%? Definitely not. The other question nobody is asking is what about the safety injuries? That has been brushed under the rug. Everyone who follows the Griz knows Hauck is silent when it comes to injuries.

MyOhMy
12-15-2023, 03:23 AM

Well, someone's been drinking tonight! :rofl:

NDSUBowler
12-15-2023, 04:39 AM
you mean all the ones with a W after it?

Aww guys look at him! Hes so adorable!

GreenfieldBison
12-15-2023, 12:49 PM
Aww guys look at him! Hes so adorable!
with that moniker I'm guessing he is using a school project AI to generate the smack talk.

Needs more work.

gotts
12-15-2023, 12:52 PM

welcome GrizGPT

ndsubison1
12-15-2023, 01:01 PM
Griz now favored anywhere from 1 to 2.5.

GreenfieldBison
12-15-2023, 01:04 PM
Grizzly Hall of Famer, MTN color analyst Marty Mornhinweg 'had a blast' calling games on UM's runtalks Montana NDSU: three minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o5rg-4Cj0w

GreenfieldBison
12-15-2023, 01:16 PM
https://www.si.com/college/fcs/news/fcs-football-playoffs-semifinals-north-dakota-state-montana-preview-predictions

The Bison seem to be peaking at the right time, but Montana's aggressive 3-3-5 defense is going to create problems for Cam Miller this weekend. I expect McDowell to shine on the biggest stage and the elite receiver core for the Grizzlies will be the difference in this matchup.

ndsubison1
12-15-2023, 01:19 PM
Their defense might give us trouble on outside runs. We'll need to have some success up the middle.

KSBisonFan
12-15-2023, 02:28 PM
Their defense might give us trouble on outside runs. We'll need to have some success up the middle.

Go big, under center and pound on them. Hope we get Tamerik involved and in a rhythm.

cbline
12-15-2023, 02:40 PM
Go big, under center and pound on them. Hope we get Tamerik involved and in a rhythm.

Agreed. Pound and ground.

heffray
12-15-2023, 02:53 PM

This hasn’t worked against worse front 7s all year… I’m not as optimistic as you all here.

TAILG8R
12-15-2023, 03:03 PM
Grizzly Hall of Famer, MTN color analyst Marty Mornhinweg 'had a blast' calling games on UM's runtalks Montana NDSU: three minutes

Holy shit he's annoying.

tony
12-15-2023, 03:11 PM
I watched most of the Furman game again - that Montana QB is a heckuva runner, but Furman's defense looked like it matched up well with Montana's offense. Not sure how NDSU's defense will match up, especially on the perimeter.

Anyway, last year against NDSU, Montana seemed to really crowd the line of scrimmage on defense and the result was NDSU having three guys with runs of around 70 yards. NDSU only passed for 58 yards.

Obviously, this year's Grizzly offense is completely different with their super QB, but how different is Montana's defense? Apparently, it's much better against the run.

mtoutfitter
12-15-2023, 03:51 PM

I gave in and let em use the good toilet paper. Was a great night in Terry, America with CAS and SDBison. Safe travels fellas and hope to see you again Sunday.

Professor Chaos
12-15-2023, 04:04 PM
I watched most of the Furman game again - that Montana QB is a heckuva runner, but Furman's defense looked like it matched up well with Montana's offense. Not sure how NDSU's defense will match up, especially on the perimeter.

Anyway, last year against NDSU, Montana seemed to really crowd the line of scrimmage on defense and the result was NDSU having three guys with runs of around 70 yards. NDSU only passed for 58 yards.

Obviously, this year's Grizzly offense is completely different with their super QB, but how different is Montana's defense? Apparently, it's much better against the run.
I'm nervous about tackling issues cropping up again for the Bison defense - not only is McDowell a good runner but they have two really good RBs in Gillman and Ostmo who can break tackles. There might be more points than expected scored in this game.

MyOhMy
12-15-2023, 04:17 PM

Same guy who accepted a penalty on 3rd down instead of forcing the Bears to punt in an overtime game back in the early 00s?

MyOhMy
12-15-2023, 04:29 PM
with their super QB

Passing
Cam - 199 of 269 74.0% 2,530yrds 9.4avg 18 TDs 4 INTs
Super QB - 122 of 205 59.5% 1,701yrds 8.3avg 12TDs 3 INTs

Rushing
Cam - 128car 645yrds 5.0avg 13 TDs + Cole - 77car 573yrds 7.4avg 12 TDs
Super QB - 144car 734yrds 5.1avg 9 TDs (no other QB on their roster has any time on the field other than mop up duty and no positive yards)

tony
12-15-2023, 04:50 PM
Passing

Rushing
Super QB - 144car 734yrds 5.1avg 9 TDs (no other QB on their roster has any time on the field other than mop up duty and no positive yards)

Well, I think that Cam is one of the best QBs that NDSU has ever had.

What I saw against Furman was an extremely dynamic runner who I wouldn't underestimate. His passing was decent - and their WRs could be problems.

I still remember people saying Taiwan Jones wasn't going to do crap against the 2010(!!!!) Bison.

ALPHAGRIZ1
12-15-2023, 05:12 PM
Passing

Rushing

Also remember that McDowell only started 8 games. He played in the first 4 but split time with Vidlak before winning the job as starting RB/qb

MyOhMy
12-15-2023, 05:23 PM
Well, I think that Cam is one of the best QBs that NDSU has ever had.

What I saw against Furman was an extremely dynamic runner who I wouldn't underestimate. His passing was decent - and their WRs could be problems.

I still remember people saying Taiwan Jones wasn't going to do crap against the 2010(!!!!) Bison.

Well Im sure everyone knows I've got some issues with Cam's play at times but he was on fire on Saturday. I also watched the Fri night game and didn't see anything that made me more worried about McDowell than I was about Mellott who along with Chambers were both better runners than McDowell and Mellott is easily the superior passer. IMO Montana loses 99 out of 100 of those games to Furman, as there's less than a 1% chance of getting both a Kickoff and Punt Return TD to bail out that stagnant offense. We all know Cam had a terrible game against MSU but he bounced back with his best performance of the season against USD so the key could be down to which Cam shows up. Im also not saying McDowell won't be a challenge but he shouldn't be enough by himself to tip the scales.

TAILG8R
12-15-2023, 05:34 PM
Well Im sure everyone knows I've got some issues with Cam's play at times but he was on fire on Saturday. I also watched the Fri night game and didn't see anything that made me more worried about McDowell than I was about Mellott who along with Chambers were both better runners than McDowell and Mellott is easily the superior passer. IMO Montana loses 99 out of 100 of those games to Furman, as there's less than a 1% chance of getting both a Kickoff and Punt Return TD to bail out that stagnant offense. We all know Cam had a terrible game against MSU but he bounced back with his best performance of the season against USD so the key could be down to which Cam shows up. Im also not saying McDowell won't be a challenge but he shouldn't be enough by himself to tip the scales.

Be prepared for all of their players playing their worst game of the year ... ;)

heffray
12-15-2023, 05:42 PM
I’ll say this: I think we’re going to have to have our best tackling game of the year to win this one.

TAILG8R
12-15-2023, 05:46 PM
Same guy who accepted a penalty on 3rd down instead of forcing the Bears to punt in an overtime game back in the early 00s?

3. Mornhinweg's boner
Ah, the one that inspired this list. Sudden-death OT, his team wins the flip, and Mornhinweg chooses to kick. Hey, the Lions get the wind at their back! But, hey! The Bears get the ball! The Lions never have a chance, as the Bears score on the first, and only, possession of OT to win the game. To quote TMQ, "Ye Gods!"

gumby013
12-15-2023, 06:07 PM
Team plane stalking time.

https://www.flightaware.com/live/flight/SCX8621/history/20231215/2100Z/KFAR/KMSO

THEsocalledfan
12-15-2023, 07:59 PM
Team plane stalking time.

https://www.flightaware.com/live/flight/SCX8621/history/20231215/2100Z/KFAR/KMSO

Its kind of funny that NDSU uses Delta during the year, then always gets downgraded to Sun Country when the NCAA takes over. The thought of some of the big players/coaches having to sit in those seats is a comical thought.

MyOhMy
12-15-2023, 08:37 PM
Its kind of funny that NDSU uses Delta during the year, then always gets downgraded to Sun Country when the NCAA takes over. The thought of some of the big players/coaches having to sit in those seats is a comical thought.

There's not much difference between Delta's 757-200 and Sun Country's 737-800 for seat size/comfort, other than the total number of seats.

Mr Pep Band
12-15-2023, 08:42 PM

Is there a difference between the two in terms of service? The planes themselves shouldn't make much difference. Better or worse pilots, doubtful. Better food, maybe..... It must be the flight attendants!! //purple

NI4NI
12-15-2023, 08:52 PM
Just checked the tracker....The Bison are officially in Montanastan air space.

ALPHAGRIZ1
12-15-2023, 08:53 PM
Man there are a lot of Bison fans already in downtown Missoula already. Inviting all of them to our tailgate tomorrow and gave 3 of them tickets to the game. Got CAS and SD fixed up for our tailgate as well.

Enjoy boys

MangyOldBison
12-15-2023, 09:23 PM
Man there are a lot of Bison fans already in downtown Missoula already. Inviting all of them to our tailgate tomorrow and gave 3 of them tickets to the game. Got CAS and SD fixed up for our tailgate as well.

Enjoy boys

Outstanding!!!

THEsocalledfan
12-15-2023, 09:23 PM
There's not much difference between Delta's 757-200 and Sun Country's 737-800 for seat size/comfort, other than the total number of seats.

No first class or economy comfort seats.

MangyOldBison
12-15-2023, 09:24 PM
Just checked the tracker....The Bison are officially in Montanastan air space.

Isn’t that south of Canukistan?

MangyOldBison
12-15-2023, 09:27 PM

I believe the Cam has shook off any jitters or self doubt he may have had at this point.

GoCam…GoBison!!!

autogriz
12-15-2023, 09:28 PM
Passing

Rushing

Just watched some of Bison walk through, you must have recruited students out of the stands to fill in, Saw two Guys take their helmets off & PUKE their guts out by the North Endzone, Oh well, at least you'll have an excuse tomorrow..... GO GRIZ

mtoutfitter
12-15-2023, 09:33 PM
Just watched some of Bison walk through, you must have recruited students out of the stands to fill in, Saw two Guys take their helmets off & PUKE their guts out by the North Endzone, Oh well, at least you'll have an excuse tomorrow..... GO GRIZ

Kinda funny considering the team hasn't even landed yet.

ALPHAGRIZ1
12-15-2023, 09:35 PM

This wouldn't have been funny in 40 more minutes when their team actually gets to Missoula.

What you were probably watching was a bunch of fat lesbians from Missoula Rises trying to graze on a synthetic turf field. Those cows ain't the smartest animals on the farm. Throw some injustice at them in the parking lot and they will become nomadic and maybe the divots in the field left by their hooves will flatten out before the game starts tomorrow.

NI4NI
12-15-2023, 09:37 PM

When your balls drop you will understand why in 2023 the Bison made your mom and her brother (your father) cry.

MyOhMy
12-15-2023, 09:40 PM

The Sun Country Boeing 737-800 features 162 seats in a 2 cabin configuration. Economy has 150 seats in a 3-3 config; Business class has 12 seats in a 2-2 config.

HillsboroBison
12-15-2023, 09:46 PM

During the regular season when NDSU flies Delta they usually take a Boeing 737-900 or Airbus 320. Not sure if there is much of a difference in seat width and pitch but I think the biggest difference is all delta planes have seat back screens and Sun Country doesn’t.

GreenfieldBison
12-15-2023, 10:04 PM
When your balls drop you will understand why in 2023 the Bison made your mom and her brother (your father) cry.
You're fucking lucky I didn't have a mouthful of precious golden fluid when I read this. Literally LOL.

GreenfieldBison
12-15-2023, 10:08 PM
You should try bouncing your GrizGPT text off the ChatGPT AI and see what improvements it might make.

That egg should wipe right off by the way. Unless your face turned REALLY red.

MangyOldBison
12-15-2023, 10:57 PM
This wouldn't have been funny in 40 more minutes when their team actually gets to Missoula.

What you were probably watching was a bunch of fat lesbians from Missoula Rises trying to graze on a synthetic turf field. Those cows ain't the smartest animals on the farm. Throw some injustice at them in the parking lot and they will become nomadic and maybe the divots in the field left by their hooves will flatten out before the game starts tomorrow.

+1000000000!

mtoutfitter
12-15-2023, 10:59 PM

Won't let me spread rep your way.

ALPHAGRIZ1
12-15-2023, 11:09 PM
Won't let me spread rep your way.

I get that a lot!!!

Just talked to SD and CAS they made it to Missoula and said you were a very gracious host! Have a good weekend my friend!

mtoutfitter
12-15-2023, 11:11 PM
I get that a lot!!!

Just talked to SD and CAS they made it to Missoula and said you were a very gracious host! Have a good weekend my friend!

Thanks....you as well.

Son of a Bison
12-16-2023, 12:12 AM
Glad you are posting again here and making college football fun for some Bison fans. Horns up tomorrow

Enjoy boys

WeAreThePride
12-16-2023, 01:49 AM
Let's go boys. Missoula is our next crucible. 2 games left to absolute glory.

MangyOldBison
12-16-2023, 02:01 AM
Let's go boys. Missoula is our next crucible. 2 games left to absolute glory.

+100000000

SDbison
12-16-2023, 05:08 AM
I get that a lot!!!

MToutfitter was great to us. We spent tonight in downtown Missoula at Reds and Mo Club and had many good conversations with Griz fans. Couldn't buy a drink as they kept getting us drinks!

MangyOldBison
12-16-2023, 05:33 AM
MToutfitter was great to us. We spent tonight in downtown Missoula at Reds and Mo Club and had many good conversations with Griz fans. Couldn't buy a drink as they kept getting us drinks!

+1000^^^^^

DePereBisonFan
12-16-2023, 08:53 PM
Anyone having issues with the livestream? I keep getting errors

KSBisonFan
12-16-2023, 08:59 PM

Espn+ working great so far.

GreenfieldBison
12-16-2023, 08:59 PM
No. Stop using WiFi

BISONBRI53
12-18-2023, 03:40 PM
You're fucking lucky I didn't have a mouthful of precious golden fluid when I read this. Literally LOL.

Down with the Golden Shower eh?