PDA

View Full Version : Montana State Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Pages : [1] 2

Kevin
12-02-2023, 10:15 PM
Watched that whole thing with a high grade fever. What a ride.

heffray
12-02-2023, 10:16 PM
Shout out to AG1… Prognosticator of Prognosticators.

HerdBot
12-02-2023, 10:17 PM
Holy fuck I typed up a long post how I hope Entz gets hired by David Braun and how the team is soft. Maybe he still should. We got a little lucky with the Mellot injury but I'll take it. Not how I expected this one!!

F**K yeah!!!

But we need some better players . Thar starts with recruiting. To recruit better players we need to improve facilities and get an atmosphere like they have in Bozeman we must pass the Fargodome expansion on Tuesday

Let's fu***in do it!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GASOyZGW8AAhWLR?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F-oJfvaXcAAsCmd?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F-NdufgXoAA--Ad?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F-HWqXKWAAEdnyR?format=jpg&name=large
https://twitter.com/ExpandFargodome/status/1723200269188514028/photo/4
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F-oJguCWoAAe_Yg?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F-HWqtFWUAAnZ1u?format=jpg&name=medium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F-NdvCnWgAAtukX?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F9JK0_2XAAAwOSi?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F6RM4Z-XcAA3QjV?format=jpg&name=medium

Kevin
12-02-2023, 10:20 PM
Something has to change on defense.

totoinfl
12-02-2023, 10:21 PM
Tamerik is the man. Whoever decided to bring in the giant in the middle on the block used some smarts saving it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scottietohottie
12-02-2023, 10:21 PM
Just about pushed send on the we beat drake shirts broz eh

reformedUNDfan
12-02-2023, 10:23 PM
Tamerick should have been getting more carries all year.

23Bison
12-02-2023, 10:23 PM
Fire everyone.

Kevin
12-02-2023, 10:24 PM
Do you guys think we win if that game continues?

TAILG8R
12-02-2023, 10:25 PM
Tamerik is the man. Whoever decided to bring in the giant in the middle on the block used some smarts saving it.

Entz said they saw low kicks on their PATs and they put that in just for this game.

NDSU18
12-02-2023, 10:25 PM
Fortunate W. Great game from TW, makes no sense why he doesn’t get more carries. Should have a minimum of 15-18 per game

Bison4peat
12-02-2023, 10:27 PM

Nope. 26 straight at home. Found a way.

sage
I'm so excited Thank YOU BISON!!!! You guys did very well now we need to take the machine on the road. Great win!!!!!

pantherhawkrolling
Fire everyone.

Knowing the Bison fanbase, I am seriously not sure if you are kidding or not.

Seriously, though, you guys should be proud. It's not whether or not this is one of the better Bison teams (it isn't), it's about the heart the team showed. It's no small thing to go to Montana State and win like this, particularly after how the game played out.

CalBison97
According to ME that’s the first time we’ve ran that blocked kick personnel with #76 Hunter Pontius (spelling). Puzzling why one wouldn’t use him all year long on field goal block.

Bison4peat
12-02-2023, 10:28 PM
I can't wait for vermillion bros.

ByeSonBusiness
Fire everyone.

Agreed 100%. Dodging a bullet doesn't change a thing

23Bison
This post is purely about stature but I wish our linebackers looked and played like MSUs. Look the part and play the part if you will. Our defense on a whole from scheme to a majority of our players need to be better. That being said, I’m happy with the W. Feel bad for the MSU QB. Hate to see it.

Jim Puetz
12-02-2023, 10:29 PM
Cam pulls a Brock Jensen 2.0 in overtime. Cam did the one thing he hasn't done yet and that is lead the team to a comeback win in a big game.

WestCoastBison
12-02-2023, 10:30 PM

I do. Our guys played a lot better second. First half was absolutely frustrating to watch. And who was our guy wearing long sleeve shirt in 40 degree weather? Toughen up please jeez

semobison
12-02-2023, 10:32 PM
Defense gives up over 500 yards and we still win. Survive and advance…I guess!

HerdBot
This post is purely about stature but I wish our linebackers looked and played like MSUs. Look the part and play the part if you will. Our defense on a whole from scheme to a majority of our players need to be better. That being said, I’m happy with the W. Feel bad for the MSU QB. Hate to see it.

D-Tackles get pushed back and cant shed blocks. DEs looked good though

oldmantutters
Holy fuck I typed up a long post how I hope Entz gets hired by David Braun and how the team is soft. Maybe he still should. We got a little lucky with the Mellot injury but I'll take it. Not how I expected this one!!

F**K yeah!!!

But we need some better players . Thar starts with recruiting. To recruit better players we need to improve facilities and get an atmosphere like they have in Bozeman we must pass the Fargodome expansion on Tuesday

Let's fu***in do it!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GASOyZGW8AAhWLR?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F-oJfvaXcAAsCmd?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F-NdufgXoAA--Ad?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F-HWqXKWAAEdnyR?format=jpg&name=large
https://twitter.com/ExpandFargodome/status/1723200269188514028/photo/4
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F-oJguCWoAAe_Yg?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F-HWqtFWUAAnZ1u?format=jpg&name=medium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F-NdvCnWgAAtukX?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F9JK0_2XAAAwOSi?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F6RM4Z-XcAA3QjV?format=jpg&name=mediumSo sick of these fucking posts. Can't wait for this vote to be over.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Snowgoose
12-02-2023, 10:33 PM
According to ME that’s the first time we’ve ran that blocked kick personnel with #76 Hunter Pontius (spelling). Puzzling why one wouldn’t use him all year long on field goal block.

Kind of like our play calling we haven’t done yet this year like the TE seem pass out of play action or a screen pass. We r waiting for just the right moment.

23Bison
12-02-2023, 10:34 PM
Knowing the Bison fanbase, I am seriously not sure if you are kidding or not.

Seriously, though, you guys should be proud. It's not whether or not this is one of the better Bison teams (it isn't), it's about the heart the team showed. It's no small thing to go to Montana State and win like this, particularly after how the game played out.

Mostly serious. HC, OC, DC, OL line, D line, probably LB.

semobison
12-02-2023, 10:36 PM
I do. Our guys played a lot better second. First half was absolutely frustrating to watch. And who was our guy wearing long sleeve shirt in 40 degree weather? Toughen up please jeez

1st quarter and 3rd quarter…after the first play were ugly. Big 4th down stop when Mellot got hurt was a game changer!

Snowgoose
12-02-2023, 10:37 PM
Pretty rare u win a game with getting dominated in stats and not having a turnover advantage (I am not counting the final int of half since it had no impact).

23Bison
12-02-2023, 10:37 PM
D-Tackles get pushed back and cant shed blocks. DEs looked good though

Oh I’d love to have some Tangue (spelling) Perry and Schaetz again!!

CalBison97
12-02-2023, 10:38 PM

Bison1660 interviewed Hunter. Hunter said he’s been bugging ME most of the year to get in on kick block. Shouldn’t have taken this long, especially for a backup OL. He should at least be out there on every fg attempt 40+ yards.

Kevin
12-02-2023, 10:39 PM
So sick of these fucking posts. Can't wait for this vote to be over.

I’m voting no out of spite.

Bison4peat
12-02-2023, 10:42 PM
Oh I’d love to have some Tangue (spelling) Perry and Schaetz again!!

Nate for short. D-line purple bears

WestCoastBison
12-02-2023, 10:43 PM
Pretty rare u win a game with getting dominated in stats and not having a turnover advantage (I am not counting the final int of half since it had no impact).

What is up with him walking out bounds? Seems like he had a lot of real estate in front of him

GreenfieldBison
12-02-2023, 10:46 PM
Well put the amputated nose in the freezer. They may be able reattach some day.

SoCalBison
12-02-2023, 10:47 PM
Bison did just enough to win today. Just enough. And I'm okay with that. Have to rest and recharge before next week though.

HerdBot
12-02-2023, 10:50 PM
So sick of these fucking posts. Can't wait for this vote to be over.

3 more days and you'll never hear it again... unless it fails of course lol. I'm sick of making them too. Take one for the team

Bison56
12-02-2023, 10:52 PM
More under center plays, and for God's sakes run some play action out of when you've had success running it.

TAILG8R
12-02-2023, 10:53 PM
What is up with him walking out bounds? Seems like he had a lot of real estate in front of him

I’m pretty sure he landed out of bounds.

GreenfieldBison
12-02-2023, 10:55 PM
I’m pretty sure he landed out of bounds.

I thought he landed both feet in but… momentum. He wasn’t going to turn 90 and head north. Pretty sure. Need to see it again.

GreenfieldBison
12-02-2023, 10:57 PM
The SEC has cute cheerleaders.

TAILG8R
12-02-2023, 10:57 PM
I thought he landed both feet in but… momentum. He wasn’t going to turn 90 and head north. Pretty sure. Need to see it again.

Could be. I don’t watch a replay of it just remember thinking one of his feet hit the white. But you’re right it didn’t look like his body was in any position to avoid going out anyway.

Bisonator98
12-02-2023, 11:06 PM
We had no business winning that game but I'll take it! Now let's revenge that Yote loss next week and crash the semi's party in Mizzou!!!

GreenfieldBison
12-02-2023, 11:07 PM
If you all want some more excitement today the NDSU of FBS is up by 10 on #1 with 5:47 to go.

Kevin
12-02-2023, 11:09 PM
Wonder what the fbs does if Georgia loses. Letting a non conference champ in over other 1 loss teams that won theirs seems like a mistake.

Bison4peat
12-02-2023, 11:11 PM
Wonder what the fbs does if Georgia loses. Letting a non conference champ in over other 1 loss teams that won theirs seems like a mistake.

Going to be some tough decisions

NDSU2006
12-02-2023, 11:13 PM

It won't stop them though. If FSU loses I'd be shocked if it wasn't Georgia and Alabama both getting in over Texas.

totoinfl
12-02-2023, 11:15 PM
Kind of like our play calling we haven’t done yet this year like the TE seem pass out of play action or a screen pass. We r waiting for just the right moment.

Not really puzzling. Was there a time a blocked kick would win the game? If not why tip your hand. Also, they noted the low trajectory from this kicker. I would say it was a pretty well timed change.

KC_Hats
12-02-2023, 11:15 PM
Missed field goals count as turnovers. Bison plus 3 or 2 if you ignore the pick to end the 1st half.

totoinfl
12-02-2023, 11:18 PM

That is assuming they care about the game. It is about ratings and money. If they had their way it would be OSU, Mich, Bama and Georgia

totoinfl
12-02-2023, 11:18 PM
Missed field goals count as turnovers. Bison plus 3 or 2 if you ignore the pick to end the 1st half.

Good point.

MyOhMy
12-02-2023, 11:21 PM

I think you can count fourth down stops too...

Kevin
12-02-2023, 11:27 PM
Bama pulls it off. People were unironically saying saban was washed after that game with Texas lol

Bison4peat
12-02-2023, 11:30 PM
Bama pulls it off. People were unironically saying saban was washed after that game with Texas lol

Good thing no one here would do that.

Kevin
12-02-2023, 11:31 PM
Good thing no one here would do that.

Not a fair comparison since bama didn’t lose to southern Alabama Baptist tech

Or whatever the und comparison is in that state.

GreenfieldBison
12-02-2023, 11:35 PM
We had no business winning that game but I'll take it! Now let's revenge that Yote loss next week and crash the semi's party in Mizzou!!!
I don’t know. I thought we had as much business winning as any other team playing. Did not make any glaring mistakes. Just a less dominant defensive performance than we spoiled fans are accustomed to.

On to Vermillion. Let’s get things right.

GreenfieldBison
12-02-2023, 11:35 PM

Or whatever the und comparison is in that state.
Jackoff State.

reformedUNDfan
12-02-2023, 11:36 PM

I'm changing my no vote to yes to spite your spite.

Kevin
12-02-2023, 11:38 PM
I'm changing my no vote to yes to spite your spite.

Don’t make me change again bro illl do it.

Kevin
12-02-2023, 11:39 PM
Jackoff State.

Jacksonville is in Florida bro.

BattleBorn
12-02-2023, 11:42 PM
That’s a gutsy win in a tough environment.

GreenfieldBison
12-02-2023, 11:42 PM
Jacksonville is in Florida bro.
It is? Who was that NDSU played for the 2015 natty?

Kevin
12-02-2023, 11:46 PM
It is? Who was that NDSU played for the 2015 natty?

Jacksonville State (FL) Gamecocks

GreenfieldBison
12-02-2023, 11:49 PM
Right.

What’s that internal temp now? Maybe you should try the rectal…

Wait! You did WHAT???!!! Don’t be puttin that zyn shit up there bro. Bad juju

Kevin
12-02-2023, 11:57 PM
Right.

What’s that internal temp now? Maybe you should try the rectal…

Wait! You did WHAT???!!! Don’t be puttin that zyn shit up there bro. Bad juju

102.7 and we’re undefeated in the zyn era for the record.

southcliffbison
12-02-2023, 11:59 PM
It won't stop them though. If FSU loses I'd be shocked if it wasn't Georgia and Alabama both getting in over Texas.

What about regionalization in selecting teams in FBS CFB playoffs? Am I to assume it has no bearing? Are you saying the NCAA doesn't consider travel costs, distance between schools and lost classroom time ? .........I'm crushed.......tell me it's not so.

Bisonwinagn
12-03-2023, 12:01 AM
What about regionalization in selecting teams in FBS CFB playoffs? Am I to assume it has no bearing? Are you saying the NCAA doesn't consider travel costs, distance between schools and lost classroom time ? .........I'm crushed.......tell me it's no so.

Bowl games and FBS playoffs are not NCAA events so no it doesn't matter.

Bison03
12-03-2023, 12:03 AM
A ugly win is still a win. We got the mojo going right now. This team has it going! Now we are playing to avenge a loss to get to the semis? Lets. Fucking.Go!!

semobison
12-03-2023, 12:09 AM

Jacksonville State is in Alabama Dude….

ndsubison1
12-03-2023, 12:13 AM
Cam pulls a Brock Jensen 2.0 in overtime. Cam did the one thing he hasn't done yet and that is lead the team to a comeback win in a big game.

See Incarnate Word

JCEE1990
12-03-2023, 12:13 AM
All I learned is we have a kick blocking pilot in Hunter Poncius

Kevin
12-03-2023, 12:15 AM
Jacksonville State is in Alabama Dude….

I’ve been there bro it’s in Florida.

semobison
12-03-2023, 12:19 AM
I’ve been there bro it’s in Florida.

Jacksonville Alabama, we lost down there in the 77 and 89 playoffs….dude.

sage
12-03-2023, 12:24 AM
Can someone tell me what happened to touchdown tommy? I see he got hurt and was it turning point after he got hurt that helped us to win?

I know special teams PAT was the reason for the loss from a blocked kick.

MangyOldBison
12-03-2023, 12:24 AM

Agree re their QB. Great young man from all reports.

ALPHAGRIZ1
12-03-2023, 12:26 AM
Well I will eat a little crow here.

This was IMO the worst game I have seen your defense play since I started paying attention. I was wrong and the guys saying you missed a lot of tackles were right. I never expected to see what I saw today from you guys it was pretty ugly. When you guys tied it at 7-7 I thought you would settle in and I was confident you would beat them.

A win is a win but that was ugly like my friend Darrens wife. Woof

Glad you moved on to the next game

Bisonwinagn
12-03-2023, 12:30 AM

This was IMO the worst game I have seen your defense play since I started paying attention. I was wrong and the guys saying you missed a lot of tackles were right. I never expected to see what I saw today from you guys it was pretty ugly. When you guys tied it at 7-7 I thought you would settle in and I was confident you would beat them.

Where have you been the last 2 years? Defense has played that way in all the big games.

ALPHAGRIZ1
Not like today, not even close

1998braves64
Can someone tell me what happened to touchdown tommy? I see he got hurt and was it turning point after he got hurt that helped us to win?

I know special teams PAT was the reason for the loss from a blocked kick.Ankle sprain i think on a tackle don't think it had much effect chambers #10 has been a TD machine for them, although he has sort of been ineffective the past couple of weeks. Think the kicking game did them in. Make just one of those chip shot FG they probably end up winning IMO as then we'd been behind nearly the entire game.

sage
12-03-2023, 12:34 AM
Ankle sprain i think on a tackle don't think it had much effect chambers #10 has been a TD machine for them, although he has sort of been ineffective the past couple of weeks. Think the kicking game did them in. Make just one of those chip shot FG they probably end up winning IMO as then we'd been behind nearly the entire game.

Thanks Sir!!! Yep kicking game was the one part that lost it for them. Two quick field goals in first qtr would have given them a huge edge all day. Thanks

Kevin
12-03-2023, 12:38 AM
Jacksonville Alabama, we lost down there in the 77 and 89 playoffs….dude.

That was a long time ago bro you’re probably just misremembering.

Jay
12-03-2023, 12:46 AM

Nah, basically every big game the last 15. It’s been a roller coaster.

reformedUNDfan
12-03-2023, 12:48 AM
If FSU wins it should be UM UW UT FSU.

If Alabama wants in they shoulda beat Texas

reformedUNDfan
12-03-2023, 12:50 AM

I know special teams PAT was the reason for the loss from a blocked kick.

Looks like a bad sprain. His leg bent normally but his foot was facing the wrong direction

heffray
12-03-2023, 12:53 AM

No.

10characters

GreenfieldBison
12-03-2023, 12:55 AM
No.

10characters
Does. Not. Matter.

(see sig line)

bisoneer
12-03-2023, 12:58 AM
Great comeback and huge win!! The cats must feel awful but if your home streak had to be broken better to lose it to a great team vs a door mat. Way to go coaches and players for pulling this one off. Go get the coyotes in vermillion next week!

Bisonator98
12-03-2023, 12:59 AM

Our defense hasn't been great for a couple years now. Changes need to be made for sure.

heffray
12-03-2023, 01:00 AM
Does. Not. Matter.

(see sig line)

Hey he asked a question and I fucking answered it bro.

MontBison
12-03-2023, 01:02 AM

Alpha appreciate your great FCS mind. What do you think of your Griz this year?

NDSUstudent
12-03-2023, 01:06 AM

The UND game was even worse than today.

semobison
12-03-2023, 01:11 AM
That was a long time ago bro you’re probably just misremembering.

Nah, I’m right! The University of Jacksonville is in FL and are the Dolphins. They don’t play football but have sent a few round ballers to the NBA including Artis Gilmore. He was a real dude! The Gamecocks are from Jacksonville Alabama, always have been. I might not remember what I had for breakfast this morning but I remember those DII playoff losses…it’s ok to be wrong…dude!

Bison03
12-03-2023, 01:12 AM
Snowing hard in Missoula! Could be an equalizer!

MontBison
12-03-2023, 01:12 AM
They tried to write us off but we ain’t write back yet

This team stinks but I’m along for the ride. Nice when your expectations are so low.

td577
12-03-2023, 01:14 AM
There are some legit playmakers on the field. Green, Nelson, Williams, and about 6 tight ends. If they are not being fully utilized because there is a plan to just do enough and not show anything, this run will end in south dakota. Time to just open the playbook all the way up. The flats are open. Slipping a te behind the second level is open. Green, Nelson, and Mathis over the top is worth an attempt a couple of times a half. I trust them on 50/50 balls. If there is running, let the backs take it for a while. 28, 22, and 8 are on scholarships to run the ball. 9 can throw, so time to start mixing it up like they did today with him but more.

Sure this defense is not like defenses in the past that is going to shut teams down but this offense can be dynamic enough to hold on to the ball for a little while at a time.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Kevin
12-03-2023, 01:15 AM
Nah, I’m right! The University of Jacksonville is in FL and are the Dolphins. They don’t play football but have sent a few round ballers to the NBA including Artis Gilmore. He was a real dude! The Gamecocks are from Jacksonville Alabama, always have been. I might not remember what I had for breakfast this morning but I remember those DII playoff losses…it’s ok to be wrong…dude!

Bro take a breath. Go to bing. Type where is Jacksonville and it’ll tell you.

Florida.

56BISON73
12-03-2023, 01:17 AM

Yep we have issues. One is not playing smart football. Oh and Im not talking about the coaches but they are afflicted also.

56BISON73
12-03-2023, 01:18 AM
Bro take a breath. Go to bing. Type where is Jacksonville and it’ll tell you.

Florida.

https://www.jsu.edu/

Kevin
12-03-2023, 01:21 AM

404 error bro won’t load.

56BISON73
12-03-2023, 01:22 AM
404 error bro won’t load.

https://i.imgur.com/1T94ERM.gif

Bison03
12-03-2023, 01:27 AM
They tried to write us off but we ain’t write back yet
This is a great quote!!!

bison22
12-03-2023, 01:30 AM
I thought Cam was gonna shred these guys but he had his worst game this year. He still did make some fantastic plays today though.Was awesome to see the resilience of the team to pull off the W.

MangyOldBison
12-03-2023, 01:33 AM
There are some legit playmakers on the field. Green, Nelson, Williams, and about 6 tight ends. If they are not being fully utilized because there is a plan to just do enough and not show anything, this run will end in south dakota. Time to just open the playbook all the way up. The flats are open. Slipping a te behind the second level is open. Green, Nelson, and Mathis over the top is worth an attempt a couple of times a half. I trust them on 50/50 balls. If there is running, let the backs take it for a while. 28, 22, and 8 are on scholarships to run the ball. 9 can throw, so time to start mixing it up like they did today with him but more.

Sure this defense is not like defenses in the past that is going to shut teams down but this offense can be dynamic enough to hold on to the ball for a little while at a time.

Excellent thoughts. I’d also like to see Cam and Cole on the field together on a lot of occasions. All kind of great plays and options could be drawn up for that combination. Tell Cole that he gets to be Hunter Luepke 2 for the rest of the playoffs and maybe gets some throws to boot!

semobison
12-03-2023, 01:37 AM

Thank you!

bison22
12-03-2023, 01:58 AM
Anyone know who we are losing to the portal on Monday?

mtoutfitter
12-03-2023, 02:03 AM

Just Lakes hopefully. Cakewalk.....:rofl::rofl:

bison22
12-03-2023, 02:14 AM
Post-game presser

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8KHhnJhPy5I

THEsocalledfan
12-03-2023, 02:17 AM

I am braced for a shitty Monday

scottietohottie
12-03-2023, 02:31 AM
I thought it was in Jacksonville state?????

1st&TennBison
12-03-2023, 02:35 AM

Correct me if I am wrong, but if someone goes into the portal are they off the team at that moment? And if so, why wouldn’t any Bison player wait until the playoffs were over?

GreenfieldBison
12-03-2023, 02:39 AM
Correct me if I am wrong, but if someone goes into the portal are they off the team at that moment? And if so, why wouldn’t any Bison player wait until the playoffs were over?
$$$,$$$.$$

questions?

mtoutfitter
12-03-2023, 02:43 AM
Not really an Entz fan but not an anti Entz fan either. Question....was putting Hunter Poncious, at 6'8", for the first time this year, in for Xtra point block a meathead decision also? Or was that good coaching based on what they'd seen on tape?

slips
12-03-2023, 02:45 AM
Both coordinators and spoon fed Cam both underperformed today and still got the win. Happy to win but everyone has to step it up a level or two to keep on going. This team can do it. I know they can. Coaches gotta get to work and get better gamelan and the players better prepared.

garbageman
12-03-2023, 02:50 AM
Both coordinators and spoon fed Cam both underperformed today and still got the win. Happy to win but everyone has to step it up a level or two to keep on going. This team can do it. I know they can. Coaches gotta get to work and get better gamelan and the players better prepared.

Your retired go volunteer coach

Bison4peat
12-03-2023, 02:51 AM

Yes off team at that moment. They don't wait until playoffs are over because it's strait cash homie.

HerdBot
12-03-2023, 04:20 AM
More under center plays, and for God's sakes run some play action out of when you've had success running it.

Playaction doesnt work in the i formation if you only run it 4 times, all runs

KC_Hats
12-03-2023, 05:10 AM
If the players that are being offered are both QB's and the other guys mentioned that would drastically change this team going forward.

The QB's are both talking at the Green & Gold Collective event tomorrow so that would make it very bad on their part to announce they quit the team on Monday.

Yes off team at that moment. They don't wait until playoffs are over because it's strait cash homie.

Bison4peat
12-03-2023, 05:15 AM
If the players that are being offered are both QB's and the other guys mentioned that would drastically change this team going forward.

The QB's are both talking at the Green & Gold Collective event tomorrow so that would make it very bad on their part to announce they quit the team on Monday.
Not saying it's going to happen. Just saying how it works. Like last year.

marenlee
12-03-2023, 05:17 AM
NDSU blocked xp completes Sportscenter opening montage.

BisonDude
12-03-2023, 05:19 AM

This. And don’t they have to be enrolled at their new school this upcoming spring semester to be eligible to play at said school in fall of 2024?

Bison4peat
12-03-2023, 05:22 AM
This. And don’t they have to be enrolled at their new school this upcoming spring semester to be eligible to play at said school in fall of 2024?

Sounds correct.I'm no expert on the portal. Just observing.

1998braves64
12-03-2023, 05:55 AM
Correct me if I am wrong, but if someone goes into the portal are they off the team at that moment? And if so, why wouldn’t any Bison player wait until the playoffs were over?Have to be enrolled in school for the next semester, possibility the coach pulls the offer if they "sit" on it too long? They wouldn't get to play in the chipper anyway due to necessary enrollment in school. Plus $###,###.## in your bank account is a hard thing to pass up.

slips
12-03-2023, 06:22 AM
I wonder if anyone has untapped MSU's kicker from the locker yet?

BigHorns
12-03-2023, 11:44 AM

The timing on this is pretty shitty.

But, it affects other teams too, possibly SDSU and others in the playoffs.
Also, impacts FBS teams with their bowl games. At some point, I think they may adjust the portal dates.

td577
12-03-2023, 12:20 PM

Also, impacts FBS teams with their bowl games. At some point, I think they may adjust the portal dates.It will be hard to adjust dates because they coincide with getting enrolled for spring semester. I'm sure the ncaa view of the transfer portal is its benefit to the student/athlete, not the school. Unless it blows up the fbs playoffs, nothing will change.

scottietohottie
12-03-2023, 12:22 PM

Also, impacts FBS teams with their bowl games. At some point, I think they may adjust the portal dates.

Yeah I sure hope sdsu still has a team after tomorrow eh

Professor Chaos
12-03-2023, 12:55 PM
No - guys like Kobe Johnson, Courtney Eubanks, and Dom Jones didn't enter the portal until after the natty last year and still played for their new teams this season.

I realize it's a different sport but Grant Nelson didn't enter the portal until summer and was still able to play at Alabama in this fall semester.

GreenfieldBison
12-03-2023, 01:43 PM
Since we're having a portal discussion here, does anyone know if ALL of the various NIL offers to players in the portal see the light of day? Like scholarship offers do?

Hammerhead
12-03-2023, 01:48 PM
Since we're having a portal discussion here, does anyone know if ALL of the various NIL offers to players in the portal see the light of day? Like scholarship offers do?

I doubt they will since NIL offers are supposed to be from private groups and individuals instead of coming from the institution.

RobertMartin
12-03-2023, 02:36 PM
Ankle sprain i think on a tackle don't think it had much effect chambers #10 has been a TD machine for them, although he has sort of been ineffective the past couple of weeks. Think the kicking game did them in. Make just one of those chip shot FG they probably end up winning IMO as then we'd been behind nearly the entire game.

Yes it did affect the game, Chambers has not been able to really play due to injury, as was seen yesterday, he has no lateral movement. A healthy Chambers scores on the break away. He couldn’t move sideways in the pocket. Once Tommy was done, they had nowhere to go.

The kicking game hurt the Cats at Idaho as well, but as bad as it was yesterday, #0 cost the Cats the game on the two long TD runs, they missed the starter there.

As a Cat fan, after the injuries we wouldn’t have been able to compete next week, better to see the Bison move on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bison Dan
12-03-2023, 02:43 PM
Super exciting game and I have some thoughts on our defense play. Our OSL were missing in action on some plays and safety play on run support was terrible. Coach Petrino needs to sit Jung and Wlodarczyk. They have been picked on all year and I would like to see some young players in there. On the OT one play touchdown by MSU there was NO ONE around the end and the running back could have run backwards into the endzone.

Professor Chaos
12-03-2023, 02:50 PM
Super exciting game and I have some thoughts on our defense play. Our OSL were missing in action on some plays and safety play on run support was terrible. Coach Petrino needs to sit Jung and Wlodarczyk. They have been picked on all year and I would like to see some young players in there. On the OT one play touchdown by MSU there was NO ONE around the end and the running back could have run backwards into the endzone.
Based on my amateur eyes alot of LBs struggled yesterday. Benson didn't look very good when he was out there but I think at this point you have to play him over Wlodarczyk and let the young guy take his lumps because with more playing time I think he'd be better than Wlodarczyk (if he isn't already). Weerts struggled mightily as well - he's had plenty of noticeable missed tackles but that miss behind the LOS on Mellott's 66 yard TD run when he had a free shot at the ball carrier was the worst of the year. Really need to see some improvement in that LB group next year - I've just accepted that they're going to be a liability this year.

tony
12-03-2023, 02:59 PM
As a Cat fan, after the injuries we wouldn’t have been able to compete next week, better to see the Bison move on.

Yeah, that was kind of what I thought too. Losing a close game to NDSU might have been a better way to end the season than a blowout loss at South Dakota, especially if NDSU beats USD. And this game just puts a little more spice into the burgeoning Bobcat-Bison rivalry.

One thing: Bison fans always hear about how Southern speed is going to destroy us, but it was Mountain speed that almost did the job. Montana State was quicker/faster at almost every position.

ndsubison1
12-03-2023, 03:00 PM

Not very good in coverage. Too many players who take terrible angles and not much instinct. Julian was a big reason Chambers had the long run. He got sucked inside. The defense was better when he was out. Tommy was starting to pick us apart until he got hurt. Even when we do blitz some of our guys dont break down or adjust to where the play is. Sometimes you just gotta use football iq.

TK Marshall should be getting more carries than Barika. Barika just doesnt have the vision yet and TK has some juice. Hopefully the run plays yesterday opens the offense more and we can do more under center stuff. The play action passing was there when we tried it.

KC_Hats
12-03-2023, 03:00 PM
If both Bison QB'S are being offered big paydays in the portal isn't the SDSU QB getting the same big offer?

With these offers rumored to be between $100,000 and $250,000 that doesn't guarantee a starting spot. The FBS schools could also have bigger offers to FBS transfer QB'S.

heffray
12-03-2023, 03:03 PM

Are we the only Defense in the country that might get better after our portal kids leave?

Hammerhead
12-03-2023, 03:09 PM
It seemed like our running backs (including QBs) were slow and/or tentative about where to go except for a couple of plays.

KSBisonFan
12-03-2023, 03:13 PM
It seemed like our running backs (including QBs) were slow and/or tentative about where to go except for a couple of plays.

I think it's directly correlated to our formation. Tamerik looks like a different back running out of the I formation than he does on RPO plays. Same for the other RBs. Raja is dynamic because he's getting the ball with a running start.

tony
12-03-2023, 03:15 PM

One thing I thought I saw was that NDSU had a couple of huge plays stopped dead because the Bobcat defender won a one on one with our guy (and in one pass in the flat a one on three.) On some plays the Montana State player was on the ground and just managed to trip up our guy by throwing out an arm too. I'm going to watch the game again today so I can be more specific.

heffray
12-03-2023, 03:18 PM
One thing I thought I saw was that NDSU had a couple of huge plays stopped dead because the Bobcat defender won a one on one with our guy (and in one pass in the flat a one on three.) On some plays the Montana State player was on the ground and just managed to trip up our guy by throwing out an arm too. I'm going to watch the game again today so I can be more specific.

Translation: Montana State is/was better at tackling than NDSU.

If it saves you some rigorous film study, I think we all already knew that…

Bison Dan
12-03-2023, 03:32 PM
I think it's directly correlated to our formation. Tamerik looks like a different back running out of the I formation than he does on RPO plays. Same for the other RBs. Raja is dynamic because he's getting the ball with a running start.

I agree with you. We had better plays under center all game long. I don't know why we just do that all game. Also when Cam's under center we need some quick hitters over the middle to take the pressure off Cam. Those slants over the middle are almost impossible to cover.

mtoutfitter
12-03-2023, 03:41 PM
Based on my amateur eyes alot of LBs struggled yesterday. Benson didn't look very good when he was out there but I think at this point you have to play him over Wlodarczyk and let the young guy take his lumps because with more playing time I think he'd be better than Wlodarczyk (if he isn't already). Weerts struggled mightily as well - he's had plenty of noticeable missed tackles but that miss behind the LOS on Mellott's 66 yard TD run when he had a free shot at the ball carrier was the worst of the year. Really need to see some improvement in that LB group next year - I've just accepted that they're going to be a liability this year.

Agree on Weerts. I don't care how many FBS offers and stars he had. IMO Kubitz is a far better option at MLB! Had a big solo TFL yesterday...actually think he had 4 or 5 solo tackles and didn't see the field near the time Weerts did.

heffray
12-03-2023, 03:48 PM
Agree on Weerts. I don't care how many FBS offers and stars he had. IMO Kubitz is a far better option at MLB! Had a big solo TFL yesterday...actually think he had 4 or 5 solo tackles and didn't see the field near the time Weerts did.

Shit - We’ve known Kubitz and Gulley are better options at LB than 47 and 20 all year…

TAILG8R
12-03-2023, 04:04 PM
My biggest take away is this: we saw something in this team we haven’t seen for the last two years and something we saw in every other team for the 10 years previous. Resolve. This is the first time in two years the team didn’t wilt, they played harder, pushed for that extra yard, willed their way to the QB, etc at the end of the game.

To me that has been the biggest thing missing for awhile now and we saw some of it come back yesterday.

heffray
12-03-2023, 04:07 PM
My biggest take away is this: we saw something in this team we haven’t seen for the last two years and something we saw in every other team for the 10 years previous. Resolve. This is the first time in two years the team didn’t wilt, they played harder, pushed for that extra yard, willed their way to the QB, etc at the end of the game.

To me that has been the biggest thing missing for awhile now and we saw some of it come back yesterday.

I will agree that the drive in the 4th to tie it and the Defensive stop when they crossed the 50 is the most encouraging thing I’ve seen this team do all year.

bisonranch
12-03-2023, 04:17 PM
After repeated sacks and driving to tie the game, it just felt like they'd pull it off. Nice to see grit that's been missing for a while.

sage
12-03-2023, 04:41 PM

Yes, yes and yes to your post!! A winner needs that mentality and has disappeared the last few years. Gotta dig deep and will it!

GreenfieldBison
12-03-2023, 04:47 PM
Would those have been the plays where our QB was under center perhaps?

tony
12-03-2023, 04:57 PM
Translation: Montana State is/was better at tackling than NDSU.

If it saves you some rigorous film study, I think we all already knew that…

Well, a bubble screen where nobody blocks? That's on us. When a Montana State defender is blocked into the ground, sticks out an arm, and trips up Cam - that's a nice, but lucky, effort.

Gotta like that a Bison team who so many, including me, had all but given up on, have somehow made it to the quarterfinals. They could have given up at any point after the SDSU loss, but they whipped UNI and SIU and won a game in a hostile environment. Winning on the road is pretty hard. Winning on the road in the playoffs when you're not seeded but the team you are playing is seeded is crazy hard.

Twincitybizon
12-03-2023, 04:58 PM
I will agree that the drive in the 4th to tie it and the Defensive stop when they crossed the 50 is the most encouraging thing I’ve seen this team do all year.

BUT that big stop at the end of the 3rd quarter was a huge tackle made by..... 47 :) same guy we're ripping. When 47 hits he doesn't give up as much after contact. 36 is a more consistent tracker with better range in pass coverage. 47 in early downs 36 more in passing situations and gotta get 11/20 off the field. U play lb there for the tackling giving up a bit in speed and coverage. But they aren't taking well enough to make that matter AND are a liability in coverage. Jung has to sit. He's at the peak of what his athletic ability can do. TE's are running away from him. Late filling in the run. Should have playing a younger guy there ALL YEAR so that they were ready for now.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-03-2023, 05:50 PM
I've been following the Bison since 1964 and this is easily the worst defensive team I saw in that period of time.

Jim Puetz
12-03-2023, 06:02 PM
I've been following the Bison since 1964 and this is easily the worst defensive team I saw in that period of time.

Yeah, but we’re still winning, and we’re not done winning.

bisonaudit
12-03-2023, 06:02 PM

I’ve only been watching since 1990 and I think you’re probably wrong.

CAS4127
12-03-2023, 06:13 PM
Shit - We’ve known Kubitz and Gulley are better options at LB than 47 and 20 all year…

Feels like we are treating Gully like we did Board.

heffray
12-03-2023, 06:13 PM
Well, a bubble screen where nobody blocks? That's on us. When a Montana State defender is blocked into the ground, sticks out an arm, and trips up Cam - that's a nice, but lucky, effort.

Gotta like that a Bison team who so many, including me, had all but given up on, have somehow made it to the quarterfinals. They could have given up at any point after the SDSU loss, but they whipped UNI and SIU and won a game in a hostile environment. Winning on the road is pretty hard. Winning on the road in the playoffs when you're not seeded but the team you are playing is seeded is crazy hard.

Agree, as I said before, I’m super encouraged (and surprised, frankly) in the drive and stop at the end of the game. That said, I’m more discouraged than encouraged by what I saw the defense do yesterday. It seemed like we were trending in the right direction against UNI and SIU but then took at major step back against Drake (if there is such a thing) and a lot of yesterday against Montana State. I will be very surprised if we win another game (and I hope to be happily surprised)…

heffray
12-03-2023, 06:16 PM
BUT that big stop at the end of the 3rd quarter was a huge tackle made by..... 47 :) same guy we're ripping. When 47 hits he doesn't give up as much after contact. 36 is a more consistent tracker with better range in pass coverage. 47 in early downs 36 more in passing situations and gotta get 11/20 off the field. U play lb there for the tackling giving up a bit in speed and coverage. But they aren't taking well enough to make that matter AND are a liability in coverage. Jung has to sit. He's at the peak of what his athletic ability can do. TE's are running away from him. Late filling in the run. Should have playing a younger guy there ALL YEAR so that they were ready for now.

I don’t disagree with this and have nothing really to add other than I think there is some upside to Weerts. Nothing I’ve see from Wlodarcgsxccdd is good. Literally other than that diving fumble recovery against Drake.

heffray
12-03-2023, 06:17 PM
Feels like we are treating Gully like we did Board.

Which would be classified as a mistake, no? A guy who barely saw the field at NDSU who ends up having a nice pro career is clearly a problem.

MyOhMy
12-03-2023, 06:19 PM

IMO that late drive getting stopped had more to do with TDT going out with a knee injury than our D all of the sudden deciding to make plays. The D did step up and make 2 big TFLs against Chambers but if TDT would have been in there I think we lose that game in regulation.

heffray
12-03-2023, 06:54 PM
IMO that late drive getting stopped had more to do with TDT going out with a knee injury than our D all of the sudden deciding to make plays. The D did step up and make 2 big TFLs against Chambers but if TDT would have been in there I think we lose that game in regulation.

I don’t disagree. Was still nice to see and took some fight and resolve from the team to execute it, regardless of what MSU was up to…

…I’m half-empty on everything else right now, choosing to be half-full on that one…

Professor Chaos
12-03-2023, 08:44 PM
I'm super encouraged moving forward. Montana St's offense is maybe the worst matchup for the Bison defense in the playoff field. Cam Miller had his worst game of the season - if you had told me before the game that Cam would be 6-13 passing for 66 yards and Mellott would be 13-17 passing for 204 yards I would've told you the Bison lost by 20 or more yet they found a way to win. They didn't play well defensively and outside of a few plays from Tamerick Williams and Eli Green they didn't play particularly well offensively either yet they found a way to win.

I think there's a good chance we see Cam Miller and the Bison defense bounce back next week. USD is a much better matchup for the Bison defense and whatever yips Cam had throwing the ball yesterday should be worked out with a game back indoors and in a somewhat familiar environment.

HerdBot
12-03-2023, 09:11 PM

Gully should be the middle linebacker in nickel situations, like they did with Carlton Littlejohn when Grant was playing. Keep it simple

Many of these upper classman should be benched including Julian Wlodarczyk and Javier Derrit. We were better with Oscar Benson. I knew we were fucked when Derrit gets manhandled on the 1st play of the game. He can't hold his ground. Sam Jung should be a coach, not a safety. Smart but he's incredibly unathletic and slow. Especially in single high.

Should have been done months ago. It's too late now. Loyalty shouldn't override what's best for the team

GreenfieldBison
12-03-2023, 09:17 PM
I'm super encouraged moving forward. Montana St's offense is maybe the worst matchup for the Bison defense in the playoff field. Cam Miller had his worst game of the season - if you had told me before the game that Cam would be 6-13 passing for 66 yards and Mellott would be 13-17 passing for 204 yards I would've told you the Bison lost by 20 or more yet they found a way to win. They didn't play well defensively and outside of a few plays from Tamerick Williams and Eli Green they didn't play particularly well offensively either yet they found a way to win.

I think there's a good chance we see Cam Miller and the Bison defense bounce back next week. USD is a much better matchup for the Bison defense and whatever yips Cam had throwing the ball yesterday should be worked out with a game back indoors and in a somewhat familiar environment.
I wonder if Cam was having some trouble adjusting to the altitude. Ball is gonna sail a bit more at 4,000+. Tommy OTOH is used to it.

Professor Chaos
12-03-2023, 09:22 PM
I wonder if Cam was having some trouble adjusting to the altitude. Ball is gonna sail a bit more at 4,000+. Tommy OTOH is used to it.
Maybe??? He sure didn't look right throwing the ball... could be he's banged up a bit too since he had a shoulder stinger against Drake and got his foot stepped on at UNI.

mtoutfitter
12-03-2023, 09:54 PM
Maybe??? He sure didn't look right throwing the ball... could be he's banged up a bit too since he had a shoulder stinger against Drake and got his foot stepped on at UNI.

He took a pretty shot again yesterday. Seemed to be rubbing his ribs throughout the game. I think he just toughed it out.

reformedUNDfan
12-03-2023, 10:10 PM
He took a pretty shot again yesterday. Seemed to be rubbing his ribs throughout the game. I think he just toughed it out.

I saw this as well

CAS4127
12-03-2023, 10:29 PM
Which would be classified as a mistake, no? A guy who barely saw the field at NDSU who ends up having a nice pro career is clearly a problem.

Yes—mistake. Recall that Board had a hell of a Natty game.

Also, would you rather have a guy who knows (supposedly) exactly where he is to be on a specific D call and yet not make the play, or someone who maybe doesn’t know exactly but still has the athletic and instinct abilities to make the play.

ndsubison1 has stated that our LBs lack instinct abilities. I agree. I mean, when you are blitzing and an OL separates to pick you up, there is no reason not to Juke/fake and go around rather than just running right into the OL. Just effing baffling. Fake/Juke and use a rip technique to get past him.

Also, on outisde blitzes, the LBs and or safeties should be coming in as close to LOS/just off the edge as possible so that if you do miss the tackle the QB or RB has to give ground/yards backwards, which allows time/opportunity for other defenders to make up for your missed tackle. Example: Picture 47 coming in tight on blitz when Mellot went for a 60+ TD. Had 47 come right off edge and still not made tackle(I think he may have, or at least made some contact), Mellot would have had to either reverse spin out of it, and or give ground up to get past 47. Instead, 47 created a seam for Mellot to run through between 47 and the LOS. And that wasn’t the only play we created a seam for Cats by using improper technique. Feels/looks like lack of instinct and or poor understand of fundamental defensive football.

Basically, 47 ran to where Mellot was, not where he was going to be when 47 got there (way out of control btw).

KC_Hats
12-03-2023, 10:38 PM
Logan Kopp was first team MVFC...Hard to believe all the linebackers suck.

CAS4127
12-03-2023, 10:40 PM
Logan Kopp was first team MVFC...Hard to believe all the linebackers suck.

He has the best instinct of all of them, and arguably the least athletic talent.

heffray
12-03-2023, 10:48 PM

Also, would you rather have a guy who knows (supposedly) exactly where he is to be on a specific D call and yet not make the play, or someone who maybe doesn’t know exactly but still has the athletic and instinct abilities to make the play.

ndsubison1 has stated that our LBs lack instinct abilities. I agree. I mean, when you are blitzing and an OL separates to pick you up, there is no reason not to Juke/fake and go around rather than just running right into the OL. Just effing baffling. Fake/Juke and use a rip technique to get past him.

Also, on outisde blitzes, the LBs and or safeties should be coming in as close to LOS/just off the edge as possible so that if you do miss the tackle the QB or RB has to give ground/yards backwards, which allows time/opportunity for other defenders to make up for your missed tackle. Example: Picture 47 coming in tight on blitz when Mellot went for a 60+ TD. Had 47 come right off edge and still not made tackle(I think he may have, or at least made some contact), Mellot would have had to either reverse spin out of it, and or give ground up to get past 47. Instead, 47 created a seam for Mellot to run through between 47 and the LOS. And that wasn’t the only play we created a seam for Cats by using improper technique. Feels/looks like lack of instinct and or poor understand of fundamental defensive football.

Basically, 47 ran to where Mellot was, not where he was going to be when 47 got there (way out of control btw).

I followed most of that which is probably more a credit to your ability to explain things than it is my knowledge of football. Thanks either way.

CAS4127
12-03-2023, 11:02 PM
I followed most of that which is probably more a credit to your ability to explain things than it is my knowledge of football. Thanks either way.

Rewatch play and you’ll be better able to picture what I’m describing.

I also feel we are improperly defending the WR bubble screen. Defenders don’t need to run through blocker. Maintain LOS shed blocker once WR catches ball and tries to advance from 3-4 yard behind line of scrimmage. The way we are defending it, if 1st defender misses, there goes the WR. By maintaining LOS position, the WR wouldn’t be able to just take off down the field. There would have to be hesitation, which, again, allows time for other defenders in pursuit to help clean up that mess.

heffray
12-03-2023, 11:07 PM

I also feel we are improperly defending the WR bubble screen. Defenders don’t need to run through blocker. Maintain LOS shed blocker once WR catches ball and tries to advance from 3-4 yard behind line of scrimmage. The way we are defending it, if 1st defender misses, there goes the WR. By maintaining LOS position, the WR wouldn’t be able to just take off down the field. There would have to be hesitation, which, again, allows time for other defenders in pursuit to help clean up that mess.

Will do on the TDT TD…

I have noticed our ineptitude in defending the WR screen which is a new feature of our D… seems like coaches should be teaching what you’re describing instead of whatever the hell they are doing…

reformedUNDfan
12-03-2023, 11:30 PM

. Fake/Juke and use a rip technique to get past him.
made some contact), Mellot would have had to either reverse spin out of it, and or give ground up to get past 47. Instead, 47 created a seam for Mellot to run through between 47 and the LOS. And that wasn’t the only play we created a seam for Cats by using improper technique. Feels/looks like lack of instinct and or poor understand of fundamental defensive football.

To this day I'm convinced that NDSU beats JMU in 2016 if Board had gotten the start over injured PGT

CAS4127
12-03-2023, 11:47 PM
To this day I'm convinced that NDSU beats JMU in 2016 if Board had gotten the start over injured PGT

That’s an interesting point/take that I feel is accurate. Board just brought more speed and tackling ability than injured (or not?) PGT.

One more D thought: when we run a twist with our DL, the primary “twister”, if not free to QB, should, with head of steam/momentum, immediately engage blocker how picks him up, as the blocker will be retreating and on heals. Quit waiting for anticipated contact and attack it. Way easier to shed a block when OL is on heals.

We did a bit of that on our last stop of CATS in regulation and against SIU at times and got sacks. Y, y don’t we do that consistently. Feels like Will M. Can get to QB/RB whenever he wants when using this technique/strategy.

Twincitybizon
12-04-2023, 01:20 AM

Another example of my complaints with 11/20. If they can't run over through or around a a wr trying to block them on bubble screens may as well have a fuckung db on the field. With a LB they are expected to win that matchup and they aint

Professor Chaos
12-04-2023, 01:16 PM

There was a lot of bad defense on that play - all 4 of the other defenders on the right side of the defensive formation apparently thought a bubble screen was coming. Kopp was facing the sideline with his back to the ball as Mellott ran past the LOS. Sam Jung was sprinting up past the LOS to cover the RB (who had motioned out of the backfield) who was just standing there well after Mellott made it clear he was keeping the ball. Kava also over-pursued to the middle leaving a lot of space for Weerts to cover. Not sure if that was just a good play design where Montana St broke a tendency that they had shown on film or just bad defense.

Link to that play: https://www.espn.com/espnplus/player/_/id/472db3c6-e1c0-4ef7-9622-886c1ab4775b?t=01h49m26s

EDIT: Compare that with Tamerick William's 75 yards TD run a few seconds before that and it was just fantastic execution by the Bison o-line in handling the MSU run blitz and once Tamerick broke that line all he had to do was make the safety miss in a wide open field: https://www.espn.com/espnplus/player/_/id/472db3c6-e1c0-4ef7-9622-886c1ab4775b?t=01h46m04s

tony
12-04-2023, 01:23 PM
Another example of my complaints with 11/20. If they can't run over through or around a a wr trying to block them on bubble screens may as well have a fuckung db on the field. With a LB they are expected to win that matchup and they aint

There's a lot that NDSU isn't doing right on plays to the outside besides that too. Not fighting through blocks is way, way up there. And if our outside guy is pushed to the bench area and an off tackle run - that's not turning the play inside, that's just surrendering.

All three times the offense scored a TD to take the lead, the defense gave up TDs immediately (6, 3, and 1 play(s).) That's momentum and soul crushing, but the team showed a lot by weathering through that the first two times until special teams saved the day.

That said, I really liked Eli's King Kong Bundy moment, and Dylan Hendricks looked like an All-American out there - really, despite getting pushed back on a couple plays, the defensive line was showing some spark.

El_Chapo
12-04-2023, 01:32 PM
Passing game was pathetic. Cam was so hesitant and his passes had no zip on them

I don’t know why Roehl didn’t adjust and use more bubble screens or roll outs into the flat old ndsu style

We gonna need more this Saturday

BISONBRI53
12-04-2023, 02:32 PM

Holy crap are those 2 tough to watch! Sideshow bob #20 cannot shed a block to save his life and #35 gets burned all the time... Neither of them wrap up to tackle. #18 looks lost out there as well.

BISONBRI53
12-04-2023, 02:40 PM

Spot on! There were a few times during the game where I thought this is it... They are going to pack it in...

El_Chapo
12-04-2023, 02:53 PM
Holy crap are those 2 tough to watch! Sideshow bob #20 cannot shed a block to save his life and #35 gets burned all the time... Neither of them wrap up to tackle. #18 looks lost out there as well.

No shit. Gotta be 2-3 other options. No??

tony
12-04-2023, 02:57 PM
Passing game was pathetic. Cam was so hesitant and his passes had no zip on them

I don’t know why Roehl didn’t adjust and use more bubble screens or roll outs into the flat old ndsu style

We gonna need more this Saturday

We ran a bubble screen and it was pathetic. And if you watched Cam will the team to two scores in epic fashion and didn't get reminded of past great Bison QBs, then you need to find a new hat because wearing your ass as one makes you type stupid shit.

TAILG8R
12-04-2023, 03:28 PM
I was annoyed at all the horns down shit from the MSU fans during the game but immediately after the blocked PAT it made me smile thinking about all the dumbasses trying to jump on the anti-NDSU band wagon and having their hearts torn out again. LOL.

It was extra juicy to see the horns down clips after the game while the broadcaster were still slapping their gums and recapping the action.

EC8CH
12-04-2023, 03:30 PM
I was annoyed at all the horns down shit from the MSU fans during the game but immediately after the blocked PAT it made me smile thinking about all the dumbasses trying to jump on the anti-NDSU band wagon and having their hearts torn out again. LOL.

It was extra juicy to see the horns down clips after the game while the broadcaster were still slapping their gums and recapping the action.

https://media.tenor.com/2S9mVM03L00AAAAC/hate.gif

My thoughts EVERYTIME I see a horns down... makes me smile.

TransAmBison
12-04-2023, 03:35 PM

That game was was amazing...loved seeing how into it the Bobcat fans were...great atmosphere. I have to admit, I gave up a couple times during the game. Especially when Chambers had that long run. Looking at the field position, I said to my wife it is 1st down...Bobcats can get even one more yard for us to have a chance. Two sacks later...

Roehl's play calling had me baffled at points...qb run for 0 yards on how many 1st downs. Cam was forced into how many 3rd and longs? Loved seeing TMac finally get a chance to shine. Love the stories that came out about the blocked XP.

EC8CH
12-04-2023, 03:36 PM
That game was was amazing...loved seeing how into it the Bobcat fans were...great atmosphere. I have to admit, I gave up a couple times during the game. Especially when Chambers had that long run. Looking at the field position, I said to my wife it is 1st down...Bobcats can get even one more yard for us to have a chance. Two sacks later...

Roehl's play calling had me baffled at points...qb run for 0 yards on how many 1st downs. Cam was forced into how many 3rd and longs? Loved seeing TMac finally get a chance to shine. Love the stories that came out about the blocked XP.

How about how the sun came out at just the perfect time at just the perfect place on the field... kinda magical really.

Universe looking down on it's favored team.

TransAmBison
12-04-2023, 03:38 PM
How about how the sun came out at just the perfect time at just the perfect place on the field... kinda magical really.Heavenly some might say.*

*I had to**
**Forgive me***
***To forgive is divine

GreenfieldBison
12-04-2023, 03:48 PM
Heavenly some might say.*

*I had to**
**Forgive me***
***To forgive is divine
I think they call this "LurkerID"

TAILG8R
12-04-2023, 03:49 PM

Talked to my almost 80 yr old parents yesterday, even they complained about the constant QB run for no gain on first down :)

cats2506
12-04-2023, 03:52 PM
1st, congrats on the win, NDSU is still a machine. I still think we outplayed you but our kicking game has been a problem all year. If we are going to continue with the QB run game I think we need 3 qb's to rotate, If we had won this game I don't think either would have been heathy to play significant time next week. 2 missed FG's and a shanked punt were our demise, and this kicker has been kicking pats low all year, not the first block either. I think your defense is a little better than you may think.

Your fans that were at the game were great, it was great environment. Good luck against USD and I'll be cheering for you against Missoula Community College.

heffray
12-04-2023, 03:55 PM
I think they call this "LurkerID"

I’m not surprised that THIS is the pot shot TAB takes…

GreenfieldBison
12-04-2023, 04:01 PM
1st, congrats on the win, NDSU is still a machine. I still think we outplayed you but our kicking game has been a problem all year. If we are going to continue with the QB run game I think we need 3 qb's to rotate, If we had won this game I don't think either would have been heathy to play significant time next week. 2 missed FG's and a shanked punt were our demise, and this kicker has been kicking pats low all year, not the first block either. I think your defense is a little better than you may think.

Your fans that were at the game were great, it was great environment. Good luck against USD and I'll be cheering for you against Missoula Community College.
Tough one to swallow I'm sure. Congrats to the Cats also for another fine year. It sucks when the injury monster interferes with play but that is the game I guess. Looked like a great atmosphere and as always Bozeman is beautiful. That was a heck of a 2nd round game.

StL Bison Fan
12-04-2023, 04:03 PM
We got to Bozeman early Friday and our hotel was on Main St. We walked up one side and then the other, shopping, before we ate. We had so many people stop us and welcome us and tell us good luck.
NDSU had a very nice tailgate for us. The only bad bobcat around us was the guy who saw fouls on every play but there’s one in every crowd. We were by the suites so we had a heater behind us blowing hot air. Nice
They had open bonfires and left at halftime to drink and no one died that I heard about
Bozeman had their Christmas walk that night down main. Many people stopped and congratulated us and told us to beat USD. They were so gracious.
This was one of the best away games we have attended
I still have not learned how to post a big picture, but here is the Bridgers after the clock ran out

ndsubison1
12-04-2023, 04:06 PM
We got to Bozeman early Friday and our hotel was on Main St. We walked up one side and then the other, shopping, before we ate. We had so many people stop us and welcome us and tell us good luck.
NDSU had a very nice tailgate for us. The only bad bobcat around us was the guy who saw fouls on every play but there’s one in every crowd. We were by the suites so we had a heater behind us blowing hot air. Nice
They had open bonfires and left at halftime to drink and no one died that I heard about
Bozeman had their Christmas walk that night down main. Many people stopped and congratulated us and told us to beat USD. They were so gracious.
I still have not learned how to post a big picture, but here is the Bridgers after the clock ran out

I remember in 2010 people bringing in packs of beer to the game and going to tailgate at half. A lot of empty seats when 3rd quarter started.

StL Bison Fan
12-04-2023, 04:08 PM
Most of the stadium was empty at half. Pretty amazing really

MangyOldBison
12-04-2023, 04:09 PM

Beautiful country and great folks! Thanks for this post!

MankatoBison
12-04-2023, 04:29 PM
Holy crap what a win. Holy crap Mellot is a baller. holy crap our defense needs to get better. Holy crap I hope Miller not being able to pass in high leverage games is just a mirage.

And holy crap, MTSU had to play literally the greatest game they’ve ever played on offense with the best team they’ve ever had in their entire history, at home, in a sell out, in the winter, against the worst Bison team in more than a decade, with our WB having his worst game of the year, to still lose to us.

El_Chapo
12-04-2023, 04:34 PM
We ran a bubble screen and it was pathetic. And if you watched Cam will the team to two scores in epic fashion and didn't get reminded of past great Bison QBs, then you need to find a new hat because wearing your ass as one makes you type stupid shit.

I thought this was QBU and has Randy Hedberg my apologizes 2019 is 5 years ago.

we have been demanding more, bring on the competition right?

Twincitybizon
12-04-2023, 05:06 PM

The blocking/timing and design are a bit more than just QB coach make QB throw to spot. Now all good. We SUCK at screens of all kinds, and I'm not smart enough to know why.

El_Chapo
12-04-2023, 05:14 PM
The blocking/timing and design are a bit more than just QB coach make QB throw to spot. Now all good. We SUCK at screens of all kinds, and I'm not smart enough to know why.

we haven't thrown a TE seam ... like in forever.

tony
12-04-2023, 05:56 PM

Is there a point to your word vomit? I mean, other than the subtext that you know nothing about evaluating a QB.

Cam ran for a huge 1st down and passed for another (not an easy throw) on that final regulation TD drive that covered 89 yards: 17 on his run, 14 yd on the pass, and at least one good read on the read-option to TK for the TD. RaJa, TaMerik, the OL, the playcalling, WRs blocking - that drive was as epic as they come. The only "problem" is they scored too quickly.

Then Cam b-buttoned his way to the winning TD. And you are bleating about Cam and Hedberg? Why didn't you whine about Kramer so you could complete the moron trifecta?

Keep Cam Miller's name out of your mouth.

wan2bqb
12-04-2023, 06:02 PM
:judges:^^^^^This right here:judges:^^^^^:judges:

BisManBison
12-04-2023, 06:03 PM
Is there a point to your word vomit? I mean, other than the subtext that you know nothing about evaluating a QB.

Cam ran for a huge 1st down and passed for another (not an easy throw) on that final regulation TD drive that covered 89 yards: 17 on his run, 14 yd on the pass, and at least one good read on the read-option to TK for the TD. RaJa, TaMerik, the OL, the playcalling, WRs blocking - that drive was as epic as they come. The only "problem" is they scored too quickly.

Then Cam b-buttoned his way to the winning TD. And you are bleating about Cam and Hedberg? Why didn't you whine about Kramer so you could complete the moron trifecta?

Keep Cam Miller's name out of your mouth.

That was a championship caliber drive!!

BisManBison
12-04-2023, 06:08 PM

I won't name names or numbers. But the effort by some on our D on that play left a lot to be desired!! I can tolerate mental mistakes and missing plays giving maximum effort, but struggle mightily when maximum effort isn't given. For Pete's sake, its a quarterfinal playoff game and your season is on the line. Leave it all out there every single play!! As a fan, you don't owe me anything, but you do owe that to your coaches and teammates!!

tony
12-04-2023, 06:17 PM
I won't name names or numbers. But the effort by some on our D on that play left a lot to be desired!! I can tolerate mental mistakes and missing plays giving maximum effort, but struggle mightily when maximum effort isn't given. For Pete's sake, its a quarterfinal playoff game and your season is on the line. Leave it all out there every single play!! As a fan, you don't owe me anything, but you do owe that to your coaches and teammates!!

I know what you are talking about. The only thing I can think of is that maybe somebody heard the whistle that called the play dead - which is still not much of an excuse.

IndyBison
12-04-2023, 07:37 PM
There was a big foul missed on the Bison OT TD. Other than Gully, does anyone know what it was?

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

EC8CH
12-04-2023, 07:39 PM
There was a big foul missed on the Bison OT TD. Other than Gully, does anyone know what it was?

I thought I saw a hold. Looked like a lineman had an arm draped all the way across a defender's shoulders.

HillsboroBison
12-04-2023, 07:53 PM

Was this the play where we were rushing to get the play off and 2 guys were in motion at the same time? I seem to remember a play where it was close to being a penalty.

BisManBison
12-04-2023, 07:53 PM

Holding????

Professor Chaos
12-04-2023, 07:58 PM

Illegal motion? Brozio wasn't set long enough after his shift before Williams went in motion out of the backfield and they snapped the ball.

Was this the play where we were rushing to get the play off and 2 guys were in motion at the same time? I seem to remember a play where it was close to being a penalty.

Beat me to it! Watched the replay and I think you're right that both Brozio and Williams were technically moving at the same time so I think they both would've needed to reset before the snap for it to be legal and Williams definitely didn't.

DM05
12-04-2023, 08:07 PM

Illegal shift

Gully
12-04-2023, 09:46 PM

I really enjoyed the trip. Cats fans were great to talk to. Some heckling by random dude here or there but mostly had great conversations. Loved the atmosphere at the game. It reminds me of the passion we had several years ago.

Gully
12-04-2023, 09:52 PM

yep, I noticed that as well. I've also noticed a few plays this year where some of our secondary seems to be in pass coverage and chasing their receivers as the runner is 20+ yards downfield. I don't recall seeing that as much in the past. Maybe we're running more man and less zone so they're not looking back at the ball? Not sure.

GreenfieldBison
12-04-2023, 10:56 PM
Check out 7:35. I pretty much want to roll with this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCJxVRp-DBw

IndyBison
12-04-2023, 11:47 PM

Illegal motion? Brozio wasn't set long enough after his shift before Williams went in motion out of the backfield and they snapped the ball.

Beat me to it! Watched the replay and I think you're right that both Brozio and Williams were technically moving at the same time so I think they both would've needed to reset before the snap for it to be legal and Williams definitely didn't.
Illegal shiftAll correct. If one player is moving he needs to be set for 1 second (not called too technically as long as there is an obvious gap between the first guy stopping and the next guy starting you'll be fine). This wasn't even close to that. If the RB had set before the snap, they would have been fine. But they were both moving at the same time. I think they got away with it because the RB was so wide and deep he was outside the view and focus of the officials who would catch, and they didn't see both players at the same time. The near wing would focus on what could be motion at the snap and making sure he doesn't turn upfield before the snap. The R needs to focus on the QB, the opposite tackle for a run/pass read, and any backs in the tackle box for early motion. He's aware of the motion/shift by the wing back, but again because of the depth of the RB. He may not have kept him in his view enough to see that.

That doesn't change the grade they get. It will still be a downgrade for them. And one big enough it likely removed any chance they have to work again in the playoffs. They had some other judgement calls that may have been graded IC or M earlier in the game. The DPI by MSU on the first NDSU TD drive may be one. That looked bang bang to me. It may have looked early to the wing who flagged it. They had several other very good calls and overall I thought did a good job.

CAS4127
12-05-2023, 01:29 AM
All correct. If one player is moving he needs to be set for 1 second (not called too technically as long as there is an obvious gap between the first guy stopping and the next guy starting you'll be fine). This wasn't even close to that. If the RB had set before the snap, they would have been fine. But they were both moving at the same time. I think they got away with it because the RB was so wide and deep he was outside the view and focus of the officials who would catch, and they didn't see both players at the same time. The near wing would focus on what could be motion at the snap and making sure he doesn't turn upfield before the snap. The R needs to focus on the QB, the opposite tackle for a run/pass read, and any backs in the tackle box for early motion. He's aware of the motion/shift by the wing back, but again because of the depth of the RB. He may not have kept him in his view enough to see that.

That doesn't change the grade they get. It will still be a downgrade for them. And one big enough it likely removed any chance they have to work again in the playoffs. They had some other judgement calls that may have been graded IC or M earlier in the game. The DPI by MSU on the first NDSU TD drive may be one. That looked bang bang to me. It may have looked early to the wing who flagged it. They had several other very good calls and overall I thought did a good job.

The amount of time they took to announce/call the penalty was effing ridiculous. Period. I watched the Montana game later and they threw flagged and called it within 30 seconds. Our officials loved camera time or were retarded. And I don’t feel they called an overall good game. Average at best.

Hammerhead
12-05-2023, 02:01 AM
Is there a meme of the guy clutching his big foam hat when the kick is blocked?

ByeSonBusiness
12-05-2023, 02:15 AM
The amount of time they took to announce/call the penalty was effing ridiculous. Period. I watched the Montana game later and they threw flagged and called it within 30 seconds. Our officials loved camera time or were retarded. And I don’t feel they called an overall good game. Average at best.

My girlfriend asked if referees normally look so unsure.

I try to give officials a good bit of leeway. I've never refereed anything. These guys didn't give me good vibes.

IndyBison
12-05-2023, 02:21 AM
The amount of time they took to announce/call the penalty was effing ridiculous. Period. I watched the Montana game later and they threw flagged and called it within 30 seconds. Our officials loved camera time or were retarded. And I don’t feel they called an overall good game. Average at best.Which one? There were some long discussions, but they had some strange things that involved various aspects that had to be discussed. One was the ineligible downfield that turned into illegal touching. He was covered up by the wide out and went downfield. Once the pass crossed the neutral zone it became a foul. The short wing is the one who sees the original action and throws that flag. He obviously didn't note who caught the ball based on the initial announcement. I'm guessing the deep wing went to him after to share the same guy they had for the foul was the guy who caught it. He had no reason to join the first conversation which caused that one to look disjointed. Weird things like that don't happen often and you want to take your time to make sure you have it right. .

WonkyFan33
12-05-2023, 02:34 AM
Wondering if anyone that went to this game knows if they played NDSUs hype video beforehand.

Professor Chaos
12-05-2023, 02:47 AM
Which one? There were some long discussions, but they had some strange things that involved various aspects that had to be discussed. One was the ineligible downfield that turned into illegal touching. He was covered up by the wide out and went downfield. Once the pass crossed the neutral zone it became a foul. The short wing is the one who sees the original action and throws that flag. He obviously didn't note who caught the ball based on the initial announcement. I'm guessing the deep wing went to him after to share the same guy they had for the foul was the guy who caught it. He had no reason to join the first conversation which caused that one to look disjointed. Weird things like that don't happen often and you want to take your time to make sure you have it right. .

Well, I'd start with when they took 2-3 minutes to discuss a holding call, then called it on the wrong team, and then took another minute or two to correct it.

roadwarrior
12-05-2023, 02:52 AM
Wondering if anyone that went to this game knows if they played NDSUs hype video beforehand.

They did not.

El_Chapo
12-05-2023, 02:53 AM
How about how the sun came out at just the perfect time at just the perfect place on the field... kinda magical really.

Westburg said it was Reed Ryan…. Pretty cool

Hammerhead
12-05-2023, 03:32 AM

Or is it God? :)

https://media.tenor.com/Zu0ClSnqSXEAAAAC/blessing-from-the-lord-god-be-praised.gif

IndyBison
12-05-2023, 03:50 AM
Well, I'd start with when they took 2-3 minutes to discuss a holding call, then called it on the wrong team, and then took another minute or two to correct it.You are exaggerating the time it took but your point is valid. That was an official who got confused on which team was on offense based on where they were positioned at the time of the hold. The first conversation may have been trying to confirm why the defense was holding during the run. Once they landed there, then they have to confirm the enforcement. It's different if the foul was during a running play or a passing play. Once he finally announced it I bet replay used the O2O (official to official) radios to let them know #2 was on offense. That was fixed fairly quickly. But overall a bad look. At least they ultimately got it right.

Gully
12-05-2023, 11:57 AM
Is there a meme of the guy clutching his big foam hat when the kick is blocked?

It might have been the same guy I was sitting several rows behind. The back of his shirt said, "party like it's 1984". Obviously in reference to their last national championship.

It would be fun to go back in time and watch that team play the 1984 Bison squad. If memory serves, that was the Troy State field goal year.

Gully
12-05-2023, 12:02 PM
I actually talked to the officials before the game and very quickly that evening after the game. They were wearing SoCon shirts and it was a group of guys so I said, "you must be the game crew for today". They looked a little uncomfortable talking with a fan (understandably) so I didn't bug them too much. Mostly we talked about the weather since we were all coming in from the South.

One of the things that added to the frustration at the game is we sometimes couldn't hear what the officials were saying and on some of confusing plays it left fans shrugging their shoulders.

cbline
12-05-2023, 12:47 PM

https://media.tenor.com/Zu0ClSnqSXEAAAAC/blessing-from-the-lord-god-be-praised.gif

As always, extra credit for Monty Python references.

heffray
12-05-2023, 01:30 PM
They did not.

So they just make it a point to do it in the Fdome. Coo coo coo

EC8CH
12-05-2023, 01:38 PM

Yes. Sky grandpa had nothing else better to do that day.

TAILG8R
12-05-2023, 02:21 PM
So they just make it a point to do it in the Fdome. Coo coo coo

The visiting team has to request it I believe and I love that NDSU isn't petty enough to ask for it.

WonkyFan33
12-05-2023, 02:43 PM
The visiting team has to request it I believe and I love that NDSU isn't petty enough to ask for it.

Each team is asked. I’m assuming NDSU is saying no I’m sure they have a reason. I just love a good hype video though.

tony
12-05-2023, 02:59 PM
Each team is asked. I’m assuming NDSU is saying no I’m sure they have a reason. I just love a good hype video though.

NDSU's hype video should just be footage of the streaker from the 2012 54-0 USD game in Sioux Falls in slow motion set to the Chariots of Fire theme.

It still boggles my mind that Bohl didn't take Brock out of that game until the 4th quarter of that game to give Carson some reps.

roadwarrior
12-05-2023, 03:11 PM

The video wouldn't have made much of an impact on MSU's tiny video board.

StL Bison Fan
12-05-2023, 03:14 PM
The video wouldn't have made much of an impact on MSU's tiny video board.

Really, how do you top horses?

mtoutfitter
12-05-2023, 03:17 PM

By saddling and riding them. :D

StL Bison Fan
12-05-2023, 03:30 PM
By saddling and riding them. :D

:rimshot: .

tjamz
12-05-2023, 03:59 PM

Or whatever the und comparison is in that state.I think it's "Our Lady of the Worthless Miracle"

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

KSBisonFan
12-05-2023, 05:27 PM
NDSU's hype video should just be footage of the streaker from the 2012 54-0 USD game in Sioux Falls in slow motion set to the Chariots of Fire theme.

It still boggles my mind that Bohl didn't take Brock out of that game until the 4th quarter of that game to give Carson some reps.

That streaker was pretty shifty. That's still one of my favorite road games. Included everything necessary for a great time: a complete shitshow by the USD ticketing office, cops in the tailgating lot, streaker providing entertainment, an ass-whooping on the field, and a great quote by the USD coach at the time. The quote was in response to the media asking him when he thought USD might be in trouble. Their coach responded to the effect of, "When they got off the bus."

StL Bison Fan
12-05-2023, 05:54 PM
That streaker was pretty shifty. That's still one of my favorite road games. Included everything necessary for a great time: a complete shitshow by the USD ticketing office, cops in the tailgating lot, streaker providing entertainment, an ass-whooping on the field, and a great quote by the USD coach at the time. The quote was in response to the media asking him when he thought USD might be in trouble. Their coach responded to the effect of, "When they got off the bus."

When that streaker headed for the chain link fence to jump it, everyone around me held their breath. Could have been bad

GCWaters
12-05-2023, 05:57 PM
When that streaker headed for the chain link fence to jump it, everyone around me held their breath. Could have been bad

When I was a kid, I went to a college baseball game (back in the 70's). During the 7th inning stretch, a streaker came over the fence in mid left, raced across the outfield to mid right, then cleared the fence. Every male in the stadium was holding their breath.....

Hammerhead
12-05-2023, 08:35 PM

BBQ sauce and salt?

EC8CH
12-07-2023, 12:51 AM
https://i.imgflip.com/88i54z.jpg

https://twitter.com/NDSUfootball/status/1732567634342781165?s=19

The Mattress King has spoken!!!!!

:rofl:

I might change my avatar :rofl:

LefseBison
12-07-2023, 03:59 AM
When I was a kid, I went to a college baseball game (back in the 70's). During the 7th inning stretch, a streaker came over the fence in mid left, raced across the outfield to mid right, then cleared the fence. Every male in the stadium was holding their breath.....

I would also be interested what the women were thinking.

StL Bison Fan
12-07-2023, 04:35 AM
I would also be interested what the women were thinking.

I can tell you what I was thinking in Sioux Falls.
That guy might not have kids. And maybe that’s not a bad thing.

cbline
12-07-2023, 02:33 PM
I would also be interested what the women were holding as well..

Fixed it for you.

PlainsBison
12-07-2023, 02:48 PM
That streaker had probably 4x the rushing yards that the USD team had in total.

And I seem to remember that Wentz had four touchdown passes that game, but I could be wrong.

KSBisonFan
12-07-2023, 06:49 PM
That streaker had probably 4x the rushing yards that the USD team had in total.

And I seem to remember that Wentz had four touchdown passes that game, but I could be wrong.

Brock had 2 TDs passing and 2 TDs rushing. Carson had 1 TD passing.

Mr Pep Band
12-07-2023, 09:14 PM
Looked up the 2012 "54-0" game stats. The streaker did indeed have more yards than the football team.

Team Stats
Bison Coyotes
1st Downs 21 4
3rd down efficiency 8-14 0-12
4th down efficiency 1-2 0-1
Total Yards 385 76
Passing 214 59
Comp-Att 16-23 10-19
Yards per pass 9.3 3.1
Interceptions thrown 0 1
Rushing 171 17
Rushing Attempts 45 27
Yards per rush 3.8 0.6
Penalties 7-50 11-94
Turnovers 0 2
Fumbles lost 0 1
Interceptions thrown 0 1
Possession 36:38 23:22

https://www.espn.com/college-football/game/_/gameId/322940233

LefseBison
12-07-2023, 09:24 PM
I can tell you what I was thinking in Sioux Falls.
That guy might not have kids. And maybe that’s not a bad thing.

Just for clarification - back in my day, streakers were unclothed. But I have seen some games where a random person with clothes on running out onto the field is being identified as a "streaker." They are taking liberty with the use of the word "streaker." :facepalm:

mtoutfitter
12-07-2023, 10:06 PM
Yes it's really not streaking without something swinging.

ByeSonBusiness
12-07-2023, 10:12 PM
2012 streaker guy was awesome

heffray
12-07-2023, 10:42 PM
I believe in most states if you get caught streaking you have to register as a sex offender. Pretty awesome.