PDA

View Full Version : The Green and the Gold Collective Sunday Night Event

Pages : [1] 2

Mr. Burgundy
12-01-2023, 02:08 PM
On Sunday evening at 6:30PM at Herd and Horns, the Green and Gold Collective will host its first Member event. All members will be invited to join us at our generous sponsor Herd and Horns for a fun night listening to Coaches, Dave Richman, Jory Collins, Matt Entz and Former Bison coach Tim Miles. The coaches will discuss how NIL has impacted their programs, their recruiting and how influential and necessary it has become. In addition to the coaches, we will have Cole Payton, Cam Miller, Kelton McCaslin, Logan Kopp, Eli Green, Cole Wisnewski, and Grey Zabel. The players are excited to get to know the members of the collective and thank them for their generosity! With space limited at Herd and Horns, we must keep this event exclusive. Trust me, we would love to invite all of Bison Nation! Those days may come!

If you are not a member, and would like to join prior to the event and get an invite to this event, please feel free to donate now. www.thegreenandthegold.com
We would love to see a ton of new members at this event!

On Monday evening prior to the NDSU VS San Jose State basketball game, there will be a casual meet and greet for anyone who is interested in learning more about how they can join and help the collective. That will be at 6Pm near the beer gardens in the SHAC. Clearly that event is for anyone to come learn more and support our Men’s team against Tim Miles and SJSU. Part of our mission at the G and G collective is to better support these athletes with our attendance.

The time is NOW! NDSU has MULTIPLE players with offers ranging from $100,000 to $250,000 from high major programs and begging them to enter the Transfer Portal on Monday. This if facts. This is urgent. We can all agree, we hate the Transfer Portal, I can also tell you, we aren’t changing it. This is the evolution of college sports. We must adapt or be left behind. These events by the Green and the Gold Collective are designed to be different. . To be fun, interactive, and educational. To get you up close and personal with the athletes and programs and to learn more about what we are trying to achieve. This event is the first of many to hope encourage you to WANT to be a difference maker and join. Any and all donations are important. We want everyone to have an opportunity to contribute. All sports are listed on the website. YOU CONTROL YOUR DONATION! Step up and make a difference. We cannot complain about losing players if we aren't willing to contribute. We have had a massive week, lets keep up the momentum. Lets support our athletes!

Bison Nation…we need you! Lets keep our Bison at home! You can donate monthly or a one time donation. Please join now!!!! Make a difference. Join now and get your invite to Sunday Nights exclusive event.

Special thank you to TONY who owns/operates Bisonville for allowing us to have a banner ad on this site. We have had 4 new members from that in the last 24 hours. These matter!

As I tell everyone, please stay positive. We are doing this for the student athlete. If you don't love the portal/NIL, you simply do not need to assist these efforts. Spread the positivity!

Leonardite
12-01-2023, 02:24 PM
I hate what's happened to college athletics as much as anyone, but we either give up, or we commit to dominating our peers under the rules that are in place at the moment. It's a nearly-impossible task to stay ahead of the game with the rules (such as they are) constantly in flux, but I can't thank Mr. Burgundy enough for his leadership on this front. I'm proud to be a member of the Collective, and hope you all will spread the word and consider joining yourselves.

TAILG8R
12-01-2023, 02:25 PM
NDSU has MULTIPLE players with offers ranging from $100,000 to $250,000 from high major programs and begging them to enter the Transfer Portal on Monday

Not surprising at all.

Thanks Burgundy for your efforts with the collective. Sounds like a very cool, unique event to be part of!

Mr. Burgundy
12-01-2023, 02:33 PM
Thanks for the kind comments. The team at the collective are working very hard to keep everyone out of the portal. I’m going on Joel Heitkamp at 10:05 to give more info on the poaching that exists.

GreenfieldBison
12-01-2023, 02:46 PM
Thanks for the kind comments. The team at the collective are working very hard to keep everyone out of the portal. I’m going on Joel Heitkamp at 10:05 to give more info on the poaching that exists.
For us out of towners - who is Joel Heitcamp and is that available for streaming somewhere? Thanks in advance, and also for your efforts on the collective.

T-Funk
12-01-2023, 02:49 PM
For us out of towners - who is Joel Heitcamp and is that available for streaming somewhere? Thanks in advance, and also for your efforts on the collective.

Use the TuneIn Radio app and search for KFGO The Mighty 790.

GreenfieldBison
12-01-2023, 02:50 PM
Use the TuneIn Radio app and search for KFGO The Mighty 790.
Thank you!

Edit: it appears we can also stream at https://kfgo.com

NDSU92
12-01-2023, 02:53 PM
Thanks Burgundy for all that you do. Can’t be there Monday in person and assume the topic is not conducive to even a “private” stream being made available to members. Is what it is, hoping to convince a family member to join so they can share major takeaways. :)

As someone that likes NIL but hates the transfer portal, in my opinion you are going about this perfectly. The transfer portal stinks but it gives us a chance to support the kids putting in the work. As you’re saying there are positive ways to look at this too.

Thanks again!

El_Chapo
12-01-2023, 03:02 PM
congrats to all you do Burgandy.

bisonfanette
12-01-2023, 03:18 PM
790 radio was interesting. Informative. If that was Mr. burgundy, he did a very good job.

El_Chapo
12-01-2023, 03:22 PM
790 radio was interesting. Informative. If that was Mr. burgundy, he did a very good job.

Yes Jay has always been great on the radio!

I'm gonna pump this collective on the web, its Go Time. and ill join at $50/month!!

Thank you!
We're excited to welcome you as a new member.

Subscription:
ALL-STAR

Name:
El Chapo
Total:
$50.00

GreenfieldBison
12-01-2023, 03:52 PM
GFB is in. Not for size, but in the game. Who is joining me?

bisonfanette
12-01-2023, 04:01 PM
I am in! Just joined. It’s my cigarette and beer money!

Mr. Burgundy, has the above information been posted on Facebook?

mtoutfitter
12-01-2023, 04:06 PM
Joined a couple weeks back.

GreenfieldBison
12-01-2023, 04:08 PM
I am in! Just joined. It’s my cigarette and beer money!

The collective is going to improve your health and well-being!!! AND help Bison athletics. It's a double!

Strommer10
12-01-2023, 04:29 PM
The time is NOW! NDSU has MULTIPLE players with offers ranging from $100,000 to $250,000 from high major programs and begging them to enter the Transfer Portal on Monday. This if facts. This is urgent. We can all agree, we hate the Transfer Portal, I can also tell you, we aren’t changing it. This is the evolution of college sports. We must adapt or be left behind. These events by the Green and the Gold Collective are designed to be different. . To be fun, interactive, and educational. To get you up close and personal with the athletes and programs and to learn more about what we are trying to achieve. This event is the first of many to hope encourage you to WANT to be a difference maker and join. Any and all donations are important. We want everyone to have an opportunity to contribute. All sports are listed on the website. YOU CONTROL YOUR DONATION! Step up and make a difference. We cannot complain about losing players if we aren't willing to contribute. We have had a massive week, lets keep up the momentum. Lets support our athletes!

The part I bolded in Burgundy's post really irks me and says a lot about the evils of the current state of college athletics. Talk about tampering.... It's disgusting that the NCAA went from suspending players for just getting a pizza bought for them by a donor to "F*** It, there are no rules anymore!". Why can't there be a middle ground somewhere??

Athletes should get compensated for their Name, Image, & Likeness. Athletes should be able to make money on social media or other media deals.
But this wild west free for all where power 5 coaches are basically shopping for players on other teams, BEFORE they even think about entering the portal... It's extremely sad what college athletics has become. :mad:

With that said, I commend Burgundy for all the work you've done to help NDSU with this. I have signed up and encourage others to do so as well.

Professor Chaos
12-01-2023, 04:42 PM
Great lineup for Sunday night it sounds like - the reality is collectives are going to be an essential component of athletic support, for the revenue sports especially, moving forward. It's time to embrace it and show the strength of the herd that we've done for other aspects of athletic department support such as buying season tickets, contributing to Team Makers, contributing to the new IPF, etc. Adapt or die.

Mr. Burgundy
12-01-2023, 06:06 PM
20 new members since 10am! Great work Bison Nation!

Sunday’s event will have free drinks sponsored by our generous donors at Herd and horns and our amazing relationship with Chad Greenway and his team at Great Duck. Vodka, beer, selzers. Join the collective. Come have some fun and see what inside you’ll receive.

Mr Meaty
12-01-2023, 06:52 PM
20 new members since 10am! Great work Bison Nation!

Sunday’s event will have free drinks sponsored by our generous donors at Herd and horns and our amazing relationship with Chad Greenway and his team at Great Duck. Vodka, beer, selzers. Join the collective. Come have some fun and see what inside you’ll receive.

Live out of town and will be unable to attend. Hope more get on board with what is trying to be done.

Gully
12-01-2023, 08:06 PM
Done. Seems like some momentum on this.

GreenfieldBison
12-01-2023, 08:12 PM
Live out of town and will be unable to attend. Hope more get on board with what is trying to be done.

Ditto. I would love to be able to follow a live stream or “after action” video of the speakers though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtoutfitter
12-01-2023, 08:22 PM
Ditto. I would love to be able to follow a live stream or “after action” video of the speakers though.

Yes would be nice if there was a video link sent to those of us who've joined but can't attend. "After Action" would be great.

bisonfanette
12-01-2023, 08:57 PM
The invitation came right away via email.
No delay on this one!

IndyBison
12-01-2023, 10:08 PM
It's disgusting that the NCAA went from suspending players for just getting a pizza bought for them by a donor to "F*** It, there are no rules anymore!". Why can't there be a middle ground somewhere??

The NCAA resisted this because they knew this is what it would become. It wouldn't be based on NIL but just playing. It's great for the athletes, but ultimately may lead to the implosion of big-time college athletics. I knew some level of this would happen but not this bad. Removing the requirement to sit out as a transfer is what really escalated this. The NCAA is looking at ways they can legally corral this, but I'm not sure there is much they can still do.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Mr. Burgundy
12-01-2023, 10:09 PM
We are going to try to video/record. No promises! We are trying to make it useful to all members. Herd and Horns and Gray Duck have been amazing!

GreenfieldBison
12-01-2023, 10:47 PM
We are going to try to video/record. No promises! We are trying to make it useful to all members. Herd and Horns and Gray Duck have been amazing!

Thanks for your efforts. It will be useful for me even without the recording. Especially if we succeed in retaining our precious assets.

Mr. Burgundy
12-02-2023, 12:32 PM
Going live on 740am the fan at 8am this morning to talk all things Bison! Monster game! Transfer portal. Update on the Green and the Gold massive day yesterday. I’ll have Jeff Kolpack on at 8:15. Listen early on show to see how you can call or text in. Go Bison!

garbageman
12-02-2023, 01:58 PM
Going live on 740am the fan at 8am this morning to talk all things Bison! Monster game! Transfer portal. Update on the Green and the Gold massive day yesterday. I’ll have Jeff Kolpack on at 8:15. Listen early on show to see how you can call or text in. Go Bison!

Is there a way to listen to this show. ( podcast or spreaker)?

THEsocalledfan
12-02-2023, 02:38 PM
Jay,

Its long story, but I'm not currently in a position to join. With that said, I want you to know how much I, and I am sure many others, appreciate your efforts. This is hugely helpful to Bison athletics and keep up the great work. With that said, if you are ever in a position where you need help with setting up an event in Sioux Falls with the Summit League Tourney, I am more than willing to donate time and effort to help the collective and maybe take some pressure of you and others. Just let me know. We have a few of us down here who would love to help.

TSCF

El_Chapo
12-02-2023, 04:48 PM
Jay,

Its long story, but I'm not currently in a position to join. With that said, I want you to know how much I, and I am sure many others, appreciate your efforts. This is hugely helpful to Bison athletics and keep up the great work. With that said, if you are ever in a position where you need help with setting up an event in Sioux Falls with the Summit League Tourney, I am more than willing to donate time and effort to help the collective and maybe take some pressure of you and others. Just let me know. We have a few of us down here who would love to help.

TSCF

JAY Add $10/month to my billing and make him a member so he can be a part of the team!

Plus I've mooched $10/month worth of beers/drinks on SO CALLED the last 10 years in South Dakota & other spots tailgating, etc. he always has a warm spot at sdsu for us!

PM Mr Burgandy with your full name address email phone etc.

ndsubison1
12-02-2023, 05:02 PM
Is there a way to listen to this show. ( podcast or spreaker)?

I went to 740 website and clicked listen live button.

GreenfieldBison
12-02-2023, 05:15 PM
I went to 740 website and clicked listen live button.

Live or after the segment?

Mr. Burgundy
12-02-2023, 05:32 PM
Search….bison central under your podcasts icon. You’ll see every episode. You guys are great. We have 50 new members since yesterday! Keep it up!!!! We need any and all! Go Bison

GreenfieldBison
12-02-2023, 06:21 PM
Search….bison central under your podcasts icon. You’ll see every episode. You guys are great. We have 50 new members since yesterday! Keep it up!!!! We need any and all! Go Bison

Thanks. I see chapstick beat me to the punch but I threw in a small one timer this morning for immediate needs and to help fill the temp hole for TSCF. Feel free to sign him up for membership with that too.

Good on you there Chapo/Lakes.

bisonfanette
12-02-2023, 10:36 PM
I think the meeting at the herd and horns tomorrow night for green and gold collective members is going to be quite a party!!! Mr. burgundy, is there something formal on Facebook with information that we can share?

Mr. Burgundy
12-03-2023, 03:08 AM
I think the meeting at the herd and horns tomorrow night for green and gold collective members is going to be quite a party!!! Mr. burgundy, is there something formal on Facebook with information that we can share?

I’m not sure exactly what you are asking. Based on occupancy and the collective wanting this to be exclusive for members we don’t have anything to post. We’ve had a huge couple of days of support and excitement is building for tomorrow’s event.

bisonfanette
12-03-2023, 03:20 AM
No, I’m not referring to the meeting tomorrow night….
Has there been anything on Facebook providing information on the green and gold collective?

Bisman
12-03-2023, 08:02 AM
Green and Gold Gameday w/Jay Bartley 12-2-23

https://740thefan.com/podcasts-bison-central/

reformedUNDfan
12-03-2023, 10:17 AM
How many athletes will this cover? All sports or just football?

Mr. Burgundy
12-03-2023, 12:21 PM
The website allows you to donate to all sports. Donors have their choice. That I think is why alot of people are enjoying this.

td577
12-03-2023, 12:23 PM
How many athletes will this cover? All sports or just football?Sounds like it will benefit whoever they want.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

89MTBISON
12-03-2023, 02:47 PM
How is this student/athlete income reported? 1099?

southcliffbison
12-03-2023, 03:16 PM

Has to be or better be reported income ........it's money, it's income; there's nothing free about it; it's for services rendered....... pay the fucking tax !!!!

El_Chapo
12-03-2023, 04:30 PM
just live stream thru the GandG facebook page tonight with your phone or ipad

it'll help building more facebook followers when we share it out Jay!

*marketing 101 baby!*

bisonaudit
12-03-2023, 04:53 PM

I assume so.

89MTBISON
12-03-2023, 07:29 PM
Has to be or better be reported income ........it's money, it's income; there's nothing free about it; it's for services rendered....... pay the fucking tax !!!!

What service is rendered? I pay for my season tickets. This seems more like a donation.

bisonaudit
12-03-2023, 07:51 PM
What service is rendered? I pay for my season tickets. This seems more like a donation.

Well, a) all cash receipts are presumptively income as far as the tax authorities are concerned. B) I thought there was a whole list of stuff on the collective’s website that the recipients were doing in exchange for the funds. C) let’s be real, their work is our entertainment. d) Or if this works better for you: you are paying them not to go to coastal Carolina or JMU.

89MTBISON
12-03-2023, 08:02 PM
Well, a) all cash receipts are presumptively income as far as the tax authorities are concerned. B) I thought there was a whole list of stuff on the collective’s website that the recipients were doing in exchange for the funds. C) let’s be real, their work is our entertainment. d) Or if this works better for you: you are paying them not to go to coastal Carolina or JMU.

What if I receive a financial benefit from the gift/donation/purchase? Is it ok for a business to benefit financially from this? Seems as though they do. Could Gate City Bank give money so more eyeballs see their marketing in the FFD?

TAILG8R
12-03-2023, 08:04 PM
What if I receive a financial benefit from the gift/donation/purchase? Is it ok for a business to benefit financially from this? Seems as though they do. Could Gate City Bank give money so more eyeballs see their marketing in the FFD?

Of course they could. If the players bring the eyeballs and fans come because player cuz is ok the field …

kab1one
12-03-2023, 08:21 PM

Service is pretty straight forward on this one.

https://www.taxpayeradvocate.irs.gov/get-help/general/nil/#:~:text=Any%20income%20from%20NIL%20activities,ca sh%2C%20is%20considered%20taxable%20income.

It's taxable to the athlete.

bisonaudit
12-03-2023, 08:55 PM

Seems like a business expense to me. Which is tax deductible.

El_Chapo
12-04-2023, 01:18 AM
Cliff Notes anyone? Or some video?
Thanks

bisonfanette
12-04-2023, 02:41 AM
It was awesome! On our way home…. Speakers were excellent. Coach Entz did a great job of explaining the portal & the $ involved. We adapt or die. Seven Fb players were there. Cole Wisniewski got up & spoke about the realities. Some Fb Players have offers of $200k & they would/may stay if the collective could assist with a small fraction of that amt. as you know, some of these football players are married, and have families. Let’s just say it was wonderful having the football players in attendance. What a humble group of young men. Tim Miles spoke, and he was entertaining as well as very informative. He made comments such as, we lose many starters to the portal…. and fans continue to expect to win a national championship. Once again, he said, you adapt, or die. I would highly encourage everyone to read the information on the website, and if you would attend one of the next meetings… You would enjoy and better understand the situation. Voice texting on the way home.
PS. Five minutes before Mr. Burgundy started talking… The Bozeman blocker came into the room!!!

KC_Hats
12-04-2023, 02:48 AM
Was there any discussion on how much money has been raised so far? Are they attempting to meet the players requests? I'm assuming Wisniewski is one with a big offer and he is married. The players have time since it doesn't close until 1/2/2024, would they still leave tomorrow?

What did the QB's say if they spoke?

It was awesome! On our way home…. Speakers were excellent. Coach Entz did a great job of explaining the portal & the $ involved. We adapt or die. Seven Fb players were there. Cole Wisniewski got up & spoke about the realities. Some Fb Players have offers of $200k & they would/may stay if the collective could assist with a small fraction of that amt. as you know, some of these football players are married, and have families. Let’s just say it was wonderful having the football players in attendance. What a humble group of young men. Tim Miles spoke, and he was entertaining as well as very informative. He made comments such as, we lose many starters to the portal…. and fans continue to expect to win a national championship. Once again, he said, you adapt, or die. I would highly encourage everyone to read the information on the website, and if you would attend one of the next meetings… You would enjoy and better understand the situation. Voice texting on the way home.
PS. Five minutes before Mr. Burgundy started talking… The Bozeman blocker came into the room!!!

89MTBISON
12-04-2023, 02:50 AM
Seems like a business expense to me. Which is tax deductible.

Good grief, more tax avoidance by the wealthy. Next the team will be only donor offspring.

Jay
12-04-2023, 02:52 AM
Everything Bisonfanette said. Great event, great speakers, and would reiterate to read the info on the website, reach out to Jay or Curt. Loudest applause of the night was when Hunter walked in. Great stuff. NIL is here and it’s not going away.

bisonfanette
12-04-2023, 02:59 AM
It sounds like CW is not interested in leaving the Bison. He loves it here. But this is a perfect example of why the collective is so important. He spoke about his Christian values and he’s just a wonderful human.
They did not mention how many dollars have been raised so far. They did mention that approximately 60 new members have joined in the last couple days.

Professor Chaos
12-04-2023, 02:59 AM
It was a great event - seeing the more personal side of the players and the coaches was really fun. You could tell this is something both Entz and Richman were very passionate about and Miles was classic Miles and it was a blast to listen to - don't care who employs him he'll always be a Bison in my book.

If you're on the fence about this get out to one of these events and listen to the players and coaches speak on it - you might have your eyes opened. As Miles said the mantra at NDSU is "Bring on the competition" and our competition is doing this so it's on us as fans/boosters to do our part to compete and give our coaches the resources they need to retain the talent on their rosters.

bisonfanette
12-04-2023, 03:14 AM
Both quarterbacks went out of their way to visit - extremely personable! They spoke with fans on a one-to-one basis - quality individuals! I just can’t stress how wonderful this was. More than happy to take others into the next meeting if you’d like… or, if you choose to get on board and make a donation, be sure to attend the next meeting! Just think of the monthly impact, if we could get a couple hundred bisonvillers to make donations of $25-$100 a month! Heck, even $10 a month is an option! One donor who is 97 years old attended this meeting. Some of you probably know who that was. I just thought it was awesome!

GreenfieldBison
12-04-2023, 04:17 AM
It was a great event - seeing the more personal side of the players and the coaches was really fun. You could tell this is something both Entz and Richman were very passionate about and Miles was classic Miles and it was a blast to listen to - don't care who employs him he'll always be a Bison in my book.

If you're on the fence about this get out to one of these events and listen to the players and coaches speak on it - you might have your eyes opened. As Miles said the mantra at NDSU is "Bring on the competition" and our competition is doing this so it's on us as fans/boosters to do our part to compete and give our coaches the resources they need to retain the talent on their rosters.
So, did Cam look banged up?

LefseBison
12-04-2023, 04:37 AM
Both quarterbacks went out of their way to visit - extremely personable! They spoke with fans on a one-to-one basis - quality individuals! I just can’t stress how wonderful this was. More than happy to take others into the next meeting if you’d like… or, if you choose to get on board and make a donation, be sure to attend the next meeting! Just think of the monthly impact, if we could get a couple hundred bisonvillers to make donations of $25-$100 a month! Heck, even $10 a month is an option! One donor who is 97 years old attended this meeting. Some of you probably know who that was. I just thought it was awesome!

Thank you for your wonderful work on this, as always you are putting NDSU front and center. We will peruse this and consider getting on board for sure.

Gully
12-04-2023, 04:41 AM

He looked ok on the field after the game, although it's not like I could tell if he was injured but at least he seemed to be walking normally and didn't look in pain. Of course he was pretty amped up after the game, I'm sure. I will say he either was very calm or was emotionally drained when I saw him briefly. I would imagine that position in particular can be mentally and physically exhausting in a game like that.

bisonfanette
12-04-2023, 06:40 AM
No. He appeared happy, having a great time with his teammates and incredibly cordial to fans!

I finally found the Facebook page on The G & G Collective. It needs to be pumped up!

https://www.facebook.com/thegreenthegold?mibextid=LQQJ4d

Professor Chaos
12-04-2023, 12:04 PM
Yep - he didn't seem like he was having any issues. Maybe my favorite part was seeing the football players reactions when Miles was yucking it up - I think they (like most of us there) weren't expecting how candid the coaches were going to be and I noticed Cole Payton in particular cracking up when Miles got going.

Another highlight that many of you will enjoy is that Mike McFeely was there (not sure if he's doing a story on the collective maybe???) and Entz, Richman, and especially Miles all got their shots and zingers in on him.

Jay
12-04-2023, 01:36 PM
Yep - he didn't seem like he was having any issues. Maybe my favorite part was seeing the football players reactions when Miles was yucking it up - I think they (like most of us there) weren't expecting how candid the coaches were going to be and I noticed Cole Payton in particular cracking up when Miles got going.

Another highlight that many of you will enjoy is that Mike McFeely was there (not sure if he's doing a story on the collective maybe???) and Entz, Richman, and especially Miles all got their shots and zingers in on him.

Mike will have a story out today - based on a tweet from his last night.

GreenfieldBison
12-04-2023, 01:47 PM
Sounds like a great event.

Hammerhead
12-04-2023, 02:13 PM
I donated at the lowest level until I can take the time to learn about how the money is distributed.

SDbison
12-04-2023, 02:30 PM
So Entz and players meeting to discuss NIL in the middle of football playoffs. Shouldn't they be more focused on the upcoming game with USD? Doubt USD is focused on selfish NIL related matters getting ready for NDSU. My opinion is this is not good for college football and I will never support it. If it continues without drastic restrictions I will drop my Teammakers and season tickets and eventually not watch so called college football. Before posters here attack me you need to consider Bisonville doesn't represent but a small fraction of Bison fans. There are many fans that are tired of the NIL and Portal crap and there is a good chance all of this will lead to a significant drop in the number of college football fans. Will be interesting to revisit this thread in a couple years.

GreenfieldBison
12-04-2023, 02:34 PM
So Entz and players meeting to discuss NIL in the middle of football playoffs. Shouldn't they be more focused on the upcoming game with USD? Doubt USD is focused on selfish NIL related matters getting ready for NDSU. My opinion is this is not good for college football and I will never support it. If it continues without drastic restrictions I will drop my Teammakers and season tickets and eventually not watch so called college football. Before posters here attack me you need to consider Bisonville doesn't represent but a small fraction of Bison fans. There are many fans that are tired of the NIL and Portal crap and there is a good chance all of this will lead to a significant drop in the number of college football fans. Will be interesting to revisit this thread in a couple years.
Well playoffs are important. No doubt. I sure hope it's OK for those players to take a couple of hours this week to devote to their major field of study though.

SDbison
12-04-2023, 02:43 PM
Well playoffs are important. No doubt. I sure hope it's OK for those players to take a couple of hours this week to devote to their major field of study though. LOL you crack me up. Yes, that is true. but a bunch of hours to talk about student athlete greed sponsored by the coaches is unnecessary at this time. Just like going out to party a bunch when you have yet to study for finals. Doubt the professors would encourage partying and join them.

tolnabison
12-04-2023, 02:43 PM
Can't wait for USD to have kids in the portal today because they don't have any NIL through USD.

EC8CH
12-04-2023, 02:49 PM
LOL you crack me up. Yes, that is true. but a bunch of hours to talk about student athlete greed sponsored by the coaches is unnecessary at this time. Just like going out to party a bunch when you have yet to study for finals. Doubt the professors would encourage partying and join them.

SD.... I get the "get of my lawn" arguing about this, but it is the sign of the times. NIL is here and NDSU can't put that genie back in the bottle. That we get on top of this is critical for the continued growth of the program in the new environment of college athletics. We can shake our hands at the sky but it won't accomplish anything. We need to take the challenge of NIL head on and turn it into another advantage for NDSU.

NDSU92
12-04-2023, 02:54 PM
Can't wait for USD to have kids in the portal today because they don't have any NIL through USD.

This x 1,000. Part of this is NDSU competing against the P5 for our own players. Another part is keeping the P5 at bay enough that they reach out to kids at other FCS schools first.

If we can muster up a respectable NIL, which it looks like we/they are well in the process of, this will only serve to put us further ahead of FCS/G5 schools.

BattleBorn
12-04-2023, 03:00 PM
Yep, hate the loose transfer portal and NIL but this is the reality of the game now. I'm not sure I feel right donating to the NIL collective yet- I'd rather throw any extra to Teammakers first, but I'm probably just fooling myself (6 of 1, half dozen of another). That said, NDSU is very fortunate to have this cooking as it will be instrumental in keeping the Bison ahead of the competition. And, who knows, maybe this will help us get a leg up on our basketball peers as well.

SDbison
12-04-2023, 03:03 PM
Can't wait for USD to have kids in the portal today because they don't have any NIL through USD.I wasn't referring to a few individuals. Referring to USD their AD, football coaches and players overall. Why can't this wait a couple weeks? Do you really think a few NDSU players are going to stick around for a few thousand dollars if they can get $100,000 elsewhere? NDSU is never going to compete with that. It's a losing battle if it's allowed to continue. Say hello to development football school either way.

rutlandbison
12-04-2023, 03:09 PM
Sounds like NDSU is going to have a bunch of players hit the portal today.......

EC8CH
12-04-2023, 03:13 PM
Sounds like NDSU is going to have a bunch of players hit the portal today.......

Pretty much to be expected... WHO hits the portal is the real question.

SDbison
12-04-2023, 03:19 PM
SD.... I get the "get of my lawn" arguing about this, but it is the sign of the times. NIL is here and NDSU can't put that genie back in the bottle. That we get on top of this is critical for the continued growth of the program in the new environment of college athletics. We can shake our hands at the sky but it won't accomplish anything. We need to take the challenge of NIL head on and turn it into another advantage for NDSU. GFY on the get off my lawn crap. Same for the boomer crap. That is the usual attack on anyone older.
Refer to the other post I recently made. There is no end game for this that is any different. Throwing limited money into this at our level means we lose and become a development school for G5:and P5 programs regardless. But keep fooling yourself. Energy should instead be spent by all smaller schools to join efforts and stop the NIL foolishness.

GreenfieldBison
12-04-2023, 03:22 PM
I wasn't referring to a few individuals. Referring to USD their AD, football coaches and players overall. Why can't this wait a couple weeks? Do you really think a few NDSU players are going to stick around for a few thousand dollars if they can get $100,000 elsewhere? NDSU is never going to compete with that. It's a losing battle if it's allowed to continue. Say hello to development football school either way.
I've got to believe we are going to be able to offer kids more than a few thousand although never as much as a drooling P5 of course. We just need to be able to offer ENOUGH in addition to the known culture and tradition as well as the family those players should already feel a part of. I hope.

EC8CH
12-04-2023, 03:23 PM
GFY on the get off my lawn crap. Same for the boomer crap. That is the usual attack on anyone older.
Refer to the other post I recently made. There is no end game for this that is any different. Throwing limited money into this at our level means we lose and become a development school for G5:and P5 programs regardless. But keep fooling yourself. Energy should instead be spent by all smaller schools to join efforts and stop the NIL foolishness.

Ok... good luck with that.

It's the attitude about not being adaptable to change that is beyond your control, not the age that is being poked at BTW.

SDbison
12-04-2023, 03:24 PM
Sounds like NDSU is going to have a bunch of players hit the portal today....... Good riddance. Half of them will end up in a worse situation. Enjoy going to a crap G5 or FCS program......maybe even D2. Possibly no more football, or never completing their education. Many of these kids are letting social media get to their heads and reality is totally different.

TAILG8R
12-04-2023, 03:25 PM
Pretty much to be expected... WHO hits the portal is the real question.

Absolutely. I think it's also important to remember that kids who used to quietly leave the team and we would hear about it after a few weeks are now loudly proclaiming their portal entry 1) to save face 2) in the hopes that some school(even D2) out there might take a chance on them.

IMO it's not about the number of players that enter the portal because as stated above it's inflated. It is about having either current impact players or believed future impact players leave.

SDbison
12-04-2023, 03:27 PM
Ok... good luck with that.

It's the attitude about not being adaptable to change that is beyond your control, not the age that is being poked at BTW.Well enjoy that new semi pro version of college football when it fails. There was little consideration or controls put in place to regulate NIL and it's already going off the rails. LOL. Rant done. Just had to put in my 2 cents (about all I am willing to give to selfish college athletes who think it's all about them individually). OK, now I will wait for the nasty texts, posts and PMs from the NIL worshippers and their holy man Jay Bartley.

Professor Chaos
12-04-2023, 03:31 PM
The players I talked to last night came off as anything but selfish - wish you could've heard the few minutes that Cole Wisniewski talked or heard Entz talk about how tough these transfer decisions are for players. Whether any of us like it or not current NDSU players are being contacted by NIL agents of other schools - how many of us would turn away 6 figure offers (plus full rides) when we were college kids scraping by??? Collectively as fans/boosters we can bury our heads in the sand about it and watch elite players leave or we can adapt to the new landscape and allow our programs to continue to compete at the level we've grown accustomed to.

I've got to believe we are going to be able to offer kids more than a few thousand although never as much as a drooling P5 of course. We just need to be able to offer ENOUGH in addition to the known culture and tradition as well as the family those players should already feel a part of. I hope.
This was the message from coaches last night - we're not going to be able to give Grant Nelson the $600k he is allegedly getting from Alabama but a fraction of that could be enough to help retain some players who don't necessarily want to leave the team/coaches they developed with.

NDSU92
12-04-2023, 03:35 PM
. Well enjoy that new semi pro version of college football when it fails. There was little consideration or controls put in place to regulate NIL and it's already going off the rails. LOL

SD, in your rage you’re failing to see that no one here likes this situation. It’s just that either we deal with it or we whine and complain and get left in the dust. You play the hand you’re dealt.

As far as the NCAA regulating it, it benefits the big schools and there is 0 chance the NCAA (who is run by the big schools) does anything to take that advantage away.

I assume this is the P2/3 playing nuclear brinksmanship to get the G5 and below to cry uncle and allow an amicable split. It’s what I would do if I was a narcissist money-hungry shot caller in the P2/3

THEsocalledfan
12-04-2023, 03:36 PM
The players I talked to last night came off as anything but selfish - wish you could've heard the few minutes that Cole Wisniewski talked or heard Entz talk about how tough these transfer decisions are for players. Whether any of us like it or not current NDSU players are being contacted by NIL agents of other schools - how many of us would turn away 6 figure offers (plus full rides) when we were college kids scraping by??? Collectively as fans/boosters we can bury our heads in the sand about it and watch elite players leave or we can adapt to the new landscape and allow our programs to continue to compete at the level we've grown accustomed to.

^^^^^^^^^^THiS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I hate it but if you love Bison football, we need to compete in NIL. It's simple reality and I'm not willing to stop loving bison football.

NI4NI
12-04-2023, 03:45 PM
SD, in your rage you’re failing to see that no one here likes this situation. It’s just that either we deal with it or we whine and complain and get left in the dust. You play the hand you’re dealt.

As far as the NCAA regulating it, it benefits the big schools and there is 0 chance the NCAA (who is run by the big schools) does anything to take that advantage away.

I assume this is the P2/3 playing nuclear brinksmanship to get the G5 and below to cry uncle and allow an amicable split. It’s what I would do if I was a narcissist money-hungry shot caller in the P2/3

Nailed it!

EC8CH
12-04-2023, 03:45 PM
So SD... we've been punted a ball that rolled out at our 1 with the NCAA and NIL. Sucks but what are we going to do about it. Bitch and moan that our backs are against the wall, or plow forward, get to the 5, get the first down, and then drive the field and put this bitch in the endzone?

The only way the ball is going to move off our 1 is if we push it forward. Complaining moves it forward not one inch.

BattleBorn
12-04-2023, 03:53 PM
So can someone dumb this down for me? How does this work, exactly? Let's say a kid gets unofficially contacted by a big school that offers him $150k to transfer. Where does the NIL collective step in and try to convince him to stay? What does that process look like? Thanks!

IndyBison
12-04-2023, 03:56 PM

I assume this is the P2/3 playing nuclear brinksmanship to get the G5 and below to cry uncle and allow an amicable split. It’s what I would do if I was a narcissist money-hungry shot caller in the P2/3It really depends on the issue or topic. The NCAA isn't a separate entity that decides what is members must do. It's them collectively deciding what they want to do. And there are a lot more smaller schools than larger schools. But the smaller schools are handcuffed at times because they don't want to bite the hand that feeds it. 85% of NCAA revenue comes from 1 source...the men's basketball tournament. Does that do as well if becomes P6 only? It helps fund almost every other championship in every sport at all 3 divisions. If the P4/P5/P6 split away and they only include themselves in the tournament, is it a popular?

NIL and immediate transfers are something the NCAA membership tried to avoid probably because they knew it could become this free for all. Once the courts got involved they had no choice and couldn't get in front of it fast enough. And now it will be hard to get the toothpaste back in the tube. One approach could be to sit back and see what restrictions do get put back in place. If they somehow restrict NIL so it really is for something tangible rather than just playing at that school, then there is less of a concern for players at the G5 or FCS level getting poached from other schools. But there is a huge risk in doing nothing.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

TAILG8R
12-04-2023, 03:57 PM
The Bozemam Block shirts (https://ndsu.nil.store/collections/limited-releases)

Grizzled
12-04-2023, 03:58 PM
So can someone dumb this down for me? How does this work, exactly? Let's say a kid gets unofficially contacted by a big school that offers him $150k to transfer. Where does the NIL collective step in and try to convince him to stay? What does that process look like? Thanks!

Coaches reach out to collective and ask for money. You know keep the schools out of it just like the NCAA intended?

bisonaudit
12-04-2023, 04:00 PM
LOL you crack me up. Yes, that is true. but a bunch of hours to talk about student athlete greed sponsored by the coaches is unnecessary at this time. Just like going out to party a bunch when you have yet to study for finals. Doubt the professors would encourage partying and join them.

You didn’t drink with your profs? You missed out.

130Bison
12-04-2023, 04:00 PM

You can dislike it all you want. But it’s not going anywhere. So you either adapt or get left behind

bisonaudit
12-04-2023, 04:03 PM
Well enjoy that new semi pro version of college football when it fails. There was little consideration or controls put in place to regulate NIL and it's already going off the rails. LOL. Rant done. Just had to put in my 2 cents (about all I am willing to give to selfish college athletes who think it's all about them individually). OK, now I will wait for the nasty texts, posts and PMs from the NIL worshippers and their holy man Jay Bartley.

None if this is new. It’s just incrementally less shady. Face reality. Amateurism is a sham.

ndsubison1
12-04-2023, 04:04 PM
Where are all these players entering the portal? Or will it not come out until we're eliminated?

GreenfieldBison
12-04-2023, 04:10 PM
The Bozemam Block shirts (https://ndsu.nil.store/collections/limited-releases)
According to the merchant, athletes earn 20%-30% of these sales.

https://campus.ink

cbline
12-04-2023, 04:14 PM
Where are all these players entering the portal? Or will it not come out until we're eliminated?

I was about to ask the same. When are any names released?

PlainsBison
12-04-2023, 04:16 PM
As fans, I have always understood that we can’t actively recruit athletes to NDSU, whether by talking to them or social media or whatever. The NIL is a way for fans to directly recruit athletes to NDSU by giving of our resources to an athlete ((through an organization). So we can now as fans recruit athletes to NDSU? Talk me through this. I need to understand this better.

El_Chapo
12-04-2023, 04:20 PM

if they are smart, they'd keep it hush hush and wait until the 11th or 18th and see if NDSU is eliminated. but does Nebraska/Wisc/Iowa/Kansas State want to wait? I hate all of this so much.... its gonna ruin fcs for sure.

unbison
12-04-2023, 04:22 PM
if they are smart, they'd keep it hush hush and wait until the 11th or 18th and see if NDSU is eliminated. but does Nebraska/Wisc/Iowa/Kansas State want to wait? I hate all of this so much.... its gonna ruin fcs for sure.

Where did you hear this list of schools ? Seeing what sticks?

GreenfieldBison
12-04-2023, 04:24 PM
I was about to ask the same. When are any names released?
I have not found a link to the NCAA DB directly. It looks like they are monetizing it. Go figure. You can track in at least a couple of places:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/ncaa-transfer-portal-2024-live-updates-college-football-transfer-tracker-news-powered-by-247sports/live/

This one appears to suck IMHO: https://www.si.com/fannation/college/cfb-hq/ncaa-football/college-football-transfer-portal-tracker-2024-live-updates

still looking...

SportsLover
12-04-2023, 04:26 PM
I have not found a link to the NCAA DB directly. It looks like they are monetizing it. Go figure. You can track in at least a couple of places:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/ncaa-transfer-portal-2024-live-updates-college-football-transfer-tracker-news-powered-by-247sports/live/

This one appears to suck IMHO: https://www.si.com/fannation/college/cfb-hq/ncaa-football/college-football-transfer-portal-tracker-2024-live-updates

still looking...

https://www.on3.com/transfer-portal/wire/football/2024/

This is a good website for FBS unfortunately I can not find one that includes FCS with this much information.

Hammerhead
12-04-2023, 04:36 PM
It will be interesting to see who leaves like benchwarmers looking for more playing time or starters looking for an NIL deal. Hypothetically speaking, if QB1 and QB2 both hit the portal, does the policy change to let them stay on the team through the playoffs or forge ahead with QB3?

TAILG8R
12-04-2023, 04:40 PM
It will be interesting to see who leaves like benchwarmers looking for more playing time or starters looking for an NIL deal. Hypothetically speaking, if QB1 and QB2 both hit the portal, does the policy change to let them stay on the team through the playoffs or forge ahead with QB3?

QB3 please

Mr. Burgundy
12-04-2023, 04:42 PM
Everything Bisonfanette said. Great event, great speakers, and would reiterate to read the info on the website, reach out to Jay or Curt. Loudest applause of the night was when Hunter walked in. Great stuff. NIL is here and it’s not going away.

It sounds like CW is not interested in leaving the Bison. He loves it here. But this is a perfect example of why the collective is so important. He spoke about his Christian values and he’s just a wonderful human.
They did not mention how many dollars have been raised so far. They did mention that approximately 60 new members have joined in the last couple days.

Nailed it!

According to the merchant, athletes earn 20%-30% of these sales.

https://campus.ink

also, as this came up this morning.....the Green and the Gold collective has nothing to do with that website or those shirts. Just clarifying! Thank you

TAILG8R
12-04-2023, 04:45 PM
also, as this came up this morning.....the Green and the Gold collective has nothing to do with that website or those shirts. Just clarifying! Thank you

Yep, knew that but also knew the athletes get at least some portion of the sales.

tolnabison
12-04-2023, 05:50 PM
Also, whats it for us to start poaching kids from other FCS schools now that we have NIL? I don't think that has been talked about. I mean I think that the main reason for the NIL is to keep our own.

mtoutfitter
12-04-2023, 05:53 PM
Good article from McFeely about last nights meeting in the Forum. Sounds like there was a few big money donors there.

wan2bqb
12-04-2023, 06:00 PM

I would find it odd if our QB1 and QB2 both attended and spoke at the Collective gathering last night would enter the portal today. Just saying...

NI4NI
12-04-2023, 06:04 PM
I would find it odd if our QB1 and QB2 both attended and spoke at the Collective gathering last night would enter the portal today. Just saying...

That was my take on it as well.

NDSU92
12-04-2023, 06:08 PM
Also, whats it for us to start poaching kids from other FCS schools now that we have NIL? I don't think that has been talked about. I mean I think that the main reason for the NIL is to keep our own.

My understanding is that we wouldn’t poach, but would/may use it as a recruiting tool for kids already in the portal.

23Bison
12-04-2023, 06:10 PM
I wouldn’t mind it if NDSU used a C1 tag or two. Just sayin.

Professor Chaos
12-04-2023, 06:11 PM
Entz was pretty clear that his vision for NIL is to be merit based not incentive based. He used Cole Wisniewski and Cam Miller as examples of players who have earned value since Cole is the #1 rated safety in the country based on PFF grade and Cam is leading the nation in passing efficiency.

McFeely's story on the event: https://inforum.com/sports/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/mcfeely-ndsu-collective-moves-with-urgency-after-fbs-school-offers-250k-to-bison-player

HerdBot
12-04-2023, 06:17 PM
Entz was pretty clear that his vision for NIL is to be merit based not incentive based. He used Cole Wisniewski and Cam Miller as examples of players who have earned value since Cole is the #1 rated safety in the country based on PFF grade and Cam is leading the nation in passing efficiency.

McFeely's story on the event: https://inforum.com/sports/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/mcfeely-ndsu-collective-moves-with-urgency-after-fbs-school-offers-250k-to-bison-player

Holy moly. Youngtown even had a collectivr

CalBison97
12-04-2023, 06:25 PM
Curious as to whether limits/regulations are in place for, hypothetically saying, an "anonymous big-time donor" at the University of Oregon wanted to donate a $$million+ to each player on the roster.

NI4NI
12-04-2023, 06:33 PM
Curious as to whether limits/regulations are in place for, hypothetically saying, an "anonymous big-time donor" at the University of Oregon wanted to donate a $$million+ to each player on the roster.

I'd be the first 58 year old walk on at Eugene! :cool:

Bisonator98
12-04-2023, 06:33 PM
I think eventually there will be some type of regulations pertaining to NIL, even the big time schools are seeing this as a negative for college sports. Saban and other coaches have said this is unsustainable but until the NCAA figures out legal regulations what can you do about it. NDSU needs to play the same game every other D1 school is or we might as well drop down to D2 again.

Hammerhead
12-04-2023, 06:39 PM
As for reigning in the NIL, I don't know how you do that if group of donors (not the school) is negotiating with a player before they are in the portal.

tolnabison
12-04-2023, 06:51 PM

I know I read the story. I am just saying why can't we do the same others are doing to us? Hell even $10,000 is better then nothing.

steelbison
12-04-2023, 07:00 PM
I am going to donate $100/month

I figure if only 5,000 people do the same that is $6,000,000 a year

Let's do this!!! :)

mtoutfitter
12-04-2023, 07:04 PM
Wow!! Great job. I'm not quite at that level. :) Does anyone have any idea of the amount currently in the collective?

bisonfanette
12-04-2023, 07:06 PM
SD -if it makes you feel better, our Coach didn’t come until much later!
It started at 6:30pm and I don’t think he came thru the door until after 8 o’clock and he spoke around 830.
I wish everyone could’ve heard him speak. He’s incredibly passionate about his players and this issue.
And the truth is, some of the players who have been offered big dollars WOULD STAY if given a smaller amount of $, because they don’t want to leave the Bison.

GreenfieldBison
12-04-2023, 07:07 PM
Wow!! Great job. I'm not quite at that level. :)
Neither am i until they start forcing my RMDs in a few years. In the meantime I'll do what I can. I assume every little bit helps but props to you @steelbison. I hope more will get on board and we'll have some big money donors do the heavy lifting to get it off the ground.

bisonfanette
12-04-2023, 07:17 PM
Steelbison - Wonderful! Let’s keep up this momentum!!!

KC_Hats
12-04-2023, 07:23 PM
So the players with the big offers are leaving unless the Bison match some number in their head? Are they staying through the USD game no matter what?

SD -if it makes you feel
better, our Coach didn’t come until much later!
It started at 6:30pm and I don’t think he came thru the door until after 8 o’clock and he spoke around 830.
I wish everyone could’ve heard him speak. He’s incredibly passionate about his players and this issue.
And the truth is, some of the players who have been offered big dollars WOULD STAY if given a smaller amount of $, because they don’t want to leave the Bison.

Mr. Burgundy
12-04-2023, 07:26 PM

Nailed it!

Wow!! Great job. I'm not quite at that level. :) Does anyone have any idea of the amount currently in the collective?

So a little secret as I have done my studies over the last year. Typically the # the collective has remains internal, as it is used against us in recruiting. I will say since Friday morning, we have exploded.

We have over 75 new monthly memberships. These are people who have chosen 10, 25, 50, 100, 500 or 1000 per month. We have several at $1,000 per month now. We cannot thank the generosity enough. That does not include the one time donation people.

unbison
12-04-2023, 07:29 PM
So a little secret as I have done my studies over the last year. Typically the # the collective has remains internal, as it is used against us in recruiting. I will say since Friday morning, we have exploded.

We have over 75 new monthly memberships. These are people who have chosen 10, 25, 50, 100, 500 or 1000 per month. We have several at $1,000 per month now. We cannot thank the generosity enough. That does not include the one time donation people.

That’s awesome news

tolnabison
12-04-2023, 07:30 PM
Also posted this in the Cam Miller thread:

https://x.com/cammiller_5/status/1731757564860211552?s=20

80ALUM
12-04-2023, 07:37 PM
^^^^^^^^^^THiS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I hate it but if you love Bison football, we need to compete in NIL. It's simple reality and I'm not willing to stop loving bison football.

I agree with you but what I wonder is where will it end? We were one of the first in fcs to offer COA. Now NIL. FWIW I did donate to both but will fans be able to keep it up.

DM05
12-04-2023, 07:44 PM

Iowa State's is similar, used to reward players that are already in the program and attempt to keep them in Ames.

DM05
12-04-2023, 07:47 PM
I agree with you but what I wonder is where will it end? We were one of the first in fcs to offer COA. Now NIL. FWIW I did donate to both but will fans be able to keep it up.

Probably with some sort of salary cap for programs at each level, that would have to come with an acknowledgement that players are employees and the likely formation of a players association. Until then, it'll be the wild west.....and after that, the big boys will go back to paying for players under the table.

El_Chapo
12-04-2023, 07:49 PM
friday morning.. lemme check my phone records LOL

glad that the word got out on social media pages, etc!!!

good work Jay. this is 1 thing that EVERYONE IN BISONATION IS WORKING TOGETHER ON!

tolnabison
12-04-2023, 08:12 PM
I am assuming this is good news on Cole Wisniewski:

https://x.com/ColeWisniewski/status/1731651069267091768?s=20

https://x.com/ColeWisniewski/status/1730224145307197611?s=20

Edited original post for second tweet.

Bisonator98
12-04-2023, 08:48 PM
friday morning.. lemme check my phone records LOL

glad that the word got out on social media pages, etc!!!

good work Jay. this is 1 thing that EVERYONE IN BISONATION IS WORKING TOGETHER ON!

So what level are you donating el chapo?

THEsocalledfan
12-04-2023, 09:11 PM

Cole was the one I was most worried about. He is excelling at safety.

Btw is it safe to assume the guys signing are the ones who dom has been talking about? Id think Jay would be getting those guys signed first.

DM05
12-04-2023, 09:28 PM
Cole was the one I was most worried about. He is excelling at safety.

Btw is it safe to assume the guys signing are the ones who dom has been talking about? Id think Jay would be getting those guys signed first.

Particularly at his size.....DB's and DE's with long frames are gonna be big targets for NIL money, just like they are in high school recruiting.

CAS4127
12-04-2023, 09:35 PM

Does this mean anything more than they made a contribution (“joined”) and are now recommending to others they should do likewise? That’s how I’m interpreting this.

bisonfanette
12-04-2023, 09:38 PM
CW mentioned last night (at the table in a small discussion) that he wasn’t leaving. He loves the team and the coaching staff, he had nothing but positive things to say! This is why the collective is so important because he has had offer(s) & has a family.

roadwarrior
12-04-2023, 09:42 PM
CW mentioned last night (at the table in a small discussion) that he wasn’t leaving. He loves the team and the coaching staff, he had nothing but positive things to say! This is why the collective is so important because he has had offer(s) & has a family.

His wife is from Fargo too.

bisonaudit
12-04-2023, 11:42 PM

And apparently there are 6 figure offers for at least three of our players so I’m sure it was a complete coincidence who’s names came up.

NDSU92
12-04-2023, 11:49 PM
What stops me from making a 2 figure offer for opposing starting QBs from entering the portal?

TAILG8R
12-04-2023, 11:52 PM
What stops me from making a 2 figure offer for opposing starting QBs from entering the portal?

Shuster has already declared too late.

El_Chapo
12-05-2023, 02:56 AM
And apparently there are 6 figure offers for at least three of our players so I’m sure it was a complete coincidence who’s names came up.

Getting them some money AND convincing them they will get drafted next year by staying at NDSU then making millions is what’s happening or will happen

Son of a Bison
12-05-2023, 04:05 AM
Pretty sure they had one back in the day when Tressel was there. Only way they won. Similar to SMU back in the day.

Holy moly. Youngtown even had a collectivr

Mr. Burgundy
12-05-2023, 04:30 PM
Just wanted to thank Bison Nation! Yesterday there were over 30 new memberships. Plus several one time donations. Couldn't be prouder of the fanbase. Never fails to impress me with what the HERD can do for Bison athletics.

Lets keep it going. Momentum is huge.

BisManBison
12-05-2023, 08:48 PM
Just wanted to thank Bison Nation! Yesterday there were over 30 new memberships. Plus several one time donations. Couldn't be prouder of the fanbase. Never fails to impress me with what the HERD can do for Bison athletics.

Still not sure what to think about all of this, but putting my money where my mouth is and have completed a membership.

KSBisonFan
12-05-2023, 09:08 PM
Still not sure what to think about all of this, but putting my money where my mouth is and have completed a membership.

I'm with you and also just joined. Also not sure what to think about the whole thing and the direction of college sports. I hope future events are streamed for people outside Fargo.

yodayote
12-05-2023, 09:16 PM

Wouldn't offers to a current players be considered tampering?

23Bison
12-05-2023, 09:16 PM
Just take my money! I'm now officially a member and hope it helps.

TAILG8R
12-05-2023, 09:58 PM

Of course but the NCAA would have to care for it to matter.

MyOhMy
12-05-2023, 10:14 PM
Of course but the NCAA would have to care for it to matter.

What's the penalty, having Harbaugh coach over a cell phone for another game?

bisonfanette
12-05-2023, 11:09 PM
BisManBison
KSBisonFan
23Bison
You guys are awesome! Let’s continue to strive to keep the Bison at home in our Herd!
I agree, and think it would be great to have meetings livestreamed for members who can’t attend in the future.
Keep in mind whether it is $10 a month or $100 a month, it all helps the G & G Collective!

bisonaudit
12-06-2023, 12:09 AM

Sure, but if they try to enforce those rules they’re only going to get sued again. And they’ll probably lose in court again. They probably can’t restrain players in that way unilaterally. All the professional sports that have and enforce tampering rules also have collective bargaining units.

KC_Hats
12-06-2023, 02:53 AM
I know you don't want to give out the money amount but how many members are there currently. I joined a couple nights ago. Go Bison!

Mr. Burgundy
12-06-2023, 04:04 PM
Sorry for the delay. This morning we hit our 100th member. Member to me meaning....they have joined and are paying monthly. Tremendous growth this week.

We are receiving a lot of one time donations as well. Both are critical and extremely generous.

We may have some news shortly on something fun between now and kickoff as we have a very generous donation coming in. I am working on some items to announce it so social media can take it and run.

Bison Nation is truly amazing!

Mr. Burgundy
12-06-2023, 04:39 PM
Update: We have a very creative and generous donor. The donation is contingent on us growing from 100 to 200 members by kickoff. So.....in order to unlock this amazing gift, we need Bison Nation to kick in. This is a tremendous opportunity. The momentum is priceless.

You will see this on FB, Twitter, etc. I wanted to get the word out. if you were thinking about becoming a member, this is a great time to do so. www.thegreenandthegold.com

Again, we have many more than just 100 members, as many people have chosen to do the one time gift. All gifts are amazing. We love how everyone feels like they are a part of something special. Keep the momentum growing. Spread the positivity!!!

AKBison
12-06-2023, 05:18 PM
Sorry for the delay. This morning we hit our 100th member. Member to me meaning....they have joined and are paying monthly. Tremendous growth this week.

We are receiving a lot of one time donations as well. Both are critical and extremely generous.

We may have some news shortly on something fun between now and kickoff as we have a very generous donation coming in. I am working on some items to announce it so social media can take it and run.

Bison Nation is truly amazing!

What is the 3 year/5 year goal on membership numbers? There is probably a lot of us (myself included) sitting on the fence with NIL due to the current wild west aspect of it all.

Thanks for taking this head on though because it's clearly a major issue and will continue to be for the foreseeable future.

56BISON73
12-06-2023, 05:45 PM
Update: We have a very creative and generous donor. The donation is contingent on us growing from 100 to 200 members by kickoff. So.....in order to unlock this amazing gift, we need Bison Nation to kick in. This is a tremendous opportunity. The momentum is priceless.

You will see this on FB, Twitter, etc. I wanted to get the word out. if you were thinking about becoming a member, this is a great time to do so. www.thegreenandthegold.com

Again, we have many more than just 100 members, as many people have chosen to do the one time gift. All gifts are amazing. We love how everyone feels like they are a part of something special. Keep the momentum growing. Spread the positivity!!!

Done..........

GreenfieldBison
12-06-2023, 06:00 PM

You will see this on FB, Twitter, etc. I wanted to get the word out. if you were thinking about becoming a member, this is a great time to do so. www.thegreenandthegold.com (http://www.thegreenandthegold.com)

So just to be clear, for the purposes of unlocking this gift do you need monthly memberships or do one time donations count?

TAILG8R
12-06-2023, 06:09 PM

I was going to wait since I am between jobs at the moment but $25/mo isn't going to make or break me so I'm in.

Mr. Burgundy
12-06-2023, 08:51 PM
you guys are seriously unreal! The momentum is great. So many new memberships paying monthly and a ton of one time amazing and generous donations. Please keep it up. This will make a difference.

The question was asked.....what is the 3-5 year goal on memberships. Short answer. I would love to have 500 to 1000 people paying monthly. Sustainability is the key. We need to know what cash flow is coming in per month. That can and will dictate what money can be spent. So, that is critical. Longer answer. Many high major collectives focus on the one time gifts. Which are amazing. But, many of the largest collectives have 400 monthly members. We will hopefully pass 200 by kickoff.

Exciting times. There are some really impressive donations and some very creative ideas being shared. Please keep it up. The donations are coming in fast and furious. Join in!

GreenfieldBison
12-07-2023, 12:25 AM
Mr Burgundy, I hope you will keep us apprised of the progress toward the goal of this unlock. Can you share details of where we are at and a what we can achieve?

bisonfanette
12-07-2023, 12:39 AM
you guys are seriously unreal! The momentum is great. So many new memberships paying monthly and a ton of one time amazing and generous donations. Please keep it up. This will make a difference.

The question was asked.....what is the 3-5 year goal on memberships. Short answer. I would love to have 500 to 1000 people paying monthly. Sustainability is the key. We need to know what cash flow is coming in per month. That can and will dictate what money can be spent. So, that is critical. Longer answer. Many high major collectives focus on the one time gifts. Which are amazing. But, many of the largest collectives have 400 monthly members. We will hopefully pass 200 by kickoff.

Exciting times. There are some really impressive donations and some very creative ideas being shared. Please keep it up. The donations are coming in fast and furious. Join in!

This is tremendous! There’s a lot of positive activity on Facebook right now re: The G & G Collective!
You’d be surprised what a little SHARING on Facebook can do to spread the information & the urgency of getting to 200 members by kick off! Please consider sharing the information on Facebook. If you want to take the easy route and simply push a button, feel free to go to my personal Facebook page (public) or copy & paste the info on #1 NDSU Bison Fans page.
You’d be surprised who comes out of the woodwork to make a donation!

LefseBison
12-07-2023, 12:59 AM
Now that the FARGODOME vote is past us, I will focus on this and look towards one larger donation and then monthly after that. I appreciate what everyone has done.

Bisonator98
12-07-2023, 01:01 PM

Jay, just curious if you've reached out to some former players like Wentz, Stick, Lance, Watson etc and gotten any assistance from them either thru donations or possible fundraising events?

Mr. Burgundy
12-07-2023, 01:51 PM
answering the last few questions. Again...Thank you all!

We sit at 163 Members as of this morning. The generosity is absolutely amazing. Many one time donations as well. Lot of great questions. Lot of positivity. I cannot thank you enough.

In regards to former players. They are literally in season, and I know them enough to know there will be a time and a place for those discussions. Some are aware, yes.

The road to 200 members by kickoff continues! Thank you guys for the recent members. Lets do this!

mtoutfitter
12-07-2023, 05:35 PM
answering the last few questions. Again...Thank you all!

We sit at 163 Members as of this morning. The generosity is absolutely amazing. Many one time donations as well. Lot of great questions. Lot of positivity. I cannot thank you enough.

In regards to former players. They are literally in season, and I know them enough to know there will be a time and a place for those discussions. Some are aware, yes.

The road to 200 members by kickoff continues! Thank you guys for the recent members. Lets do this!

Already a member but gonna do another in my GFs name to try and help hit the 200. Encourage other folks to do it as well.

GreenfieldBison
12-07-2023, 05:53 PM
Already a member but gonna do another in my GFs name to try and help hit the 200. Encourage other folks to do it as well.
Yep. On that path. Thinking hard about buying my son a membership. He's a Gopher, who lives in CA. But he's a good boy. He religiously watches the Bison do their thing and he has been to Frisco with me multiple times as TSCF can attest.

reformedUNDfan
12-07-2023, 07:55 PM
I can officially announce that UND alumni are contributing more to the NDSU NIL collective than to UND's (nonexistent) NIL collective.

southcliffbison
12-07-2023, 10:03 PM
Done deal......signed/joined/donated........splitting hairs again I suppose.........

SafeTeeJ
12-07-2023, 10:44 PM

Complicit extortion….

Waiting for the title 9 type lawsuits

Hope these collective LLCs are making diversity and inclusion part of their MO

GreenfieldBison
12-07-2023, 10:56 PM
Complicit extortion….

The collective benefits ALL sports as needed. It's not just for football.

But of course, having investigated their site you already knew this yes?

SafeTeeJ
12-07-2023, 11:26 PM
The collective benefits ALL sports as needed. It's not just for football.

But of course, having investigated their site you already knew this yes?

Yes, i already knew that, read every word on their cute colorful website.

Are all student-athlete opportunities the same?
No, contracts, deals, and activation opportunities vary by the specific sport, athlete, and contribution. Each deal is negotiated separately and signed by the athlete.

Can you elaborate on “As Needed”?

GreenfieldBison
12-07-2023, 11:32 PM
Yes, i already knew that, read every word on their cute colorful website.

Are all student-athlete opportunities the same?
No, contracts, deals, and activation opportunities vary by the specific sport, athlete, and contribution. Each deal is negotiated separately and signed by the athlete.
Huh. Sounds a lot like real world capitalism. What is the issue exactly?

El_Chapo
12-08-2023, 02:30 AM
Safe. Dm burgundy or call him.

Hammerhead
12-08-2023, 02:49 AM
Complicit extortion….

Half of my donation goes to women’s soccer.

B.Schlossman Fan Club
12-08-2023, 03:49 AM
Complicit extortion….

Screw title 9 this collective isn’t affiliated with the university so title 9 doesn’t apply. If you want to get NIL money you need to earn it! Non revenue sports already get enough money through university funding. Get out of here with that inclusion nonsense, this is all about the value you bring to the table!

B.Schlossman Fan Club
12-08-2023, 03:53 AM
I just don’t see us ever competing with 100k plus offers. We won’t be able to prevent people from leaving to take that kind of money. Heck I even question how many concussions CW has taken to have turned down 100k.

Hopefully this NIL only prevents us from losing guys who are wanting to test the waters not having an under the table offer before jumping into the portal. Some of these guys think they are way better than they really are. I do hope we focus on the revenue sports because the rest of the athletes get enough compensation through scholarships and FCOA.

southcliffbison
12-08-2023, 11:31 AM
Complicit extortion….

My donation is designated 100% football. Take your DEI and shove it !!!

NI4NI
12-08-2023, 11:42 AM

Exactly. Any giver has the right to decide which sport they want to support.

SafeTeeJ
12-08-2023, 01:06 PM

Well, thats a limit. Best be heading back in.

THEsocalledfan
12-08-2023, 01:23 PM
Folks, since NIL is outside of direct university control, title IX does not apply. That is part of the reason for the new NCAA proposal if folks have not seen it; it would apply to that, granted, NDSU would not play at the level, so unclear what would happen to others.

BTW, from Dom's show, it sure sounds like Cole W is going to stay. I'm most worried about Gray Zabel.

BisonDude
12-08-2023, 01:23 PM
Nice job on Hot Mike yesterday, Jay. I appreciate your message and efforts. “You don’t have to donate but please keep it positive”. We may not like the way the environment of college sports has changed but it’s adapt or fade away. Your example of CW is spot on. Some people have established roots here and aren’t after the almighty dollar. Cole likely realizes the grass isn’t always greener on the other side. Those are the kind of student athletes that are true Bison. My only regret is that I didn’t attend Sunday night. Now let’s get to 200!

FCSFan
12-08-2023, 01:26 PM
Officially a member of The the double G Collective, new decal to put on back window along with the Teammakers.

scottietohottie
12-08-2023, 01:27 PM
Half of my donation goes to women’s soccer.

I throw half mine out the window.

23Bison
12-08-2023, 01:36 PM
I throw half mine out the window.

At least you aren't loading it in your pickup and dumping it on the edge of a field in the trees for some poor farmer to snag with his equipment.

bisonfanette
12-08-2023, 01:42 PM
Nice job on Hot Mike yesterday, Jay. I appreciate your message and efforts. “You don’t have to donate but please keep it positive”. We may not like the way the environment of college sports has changed but it’s adapt or fade away. Your example of CW is spot on. Some people have established roots here and aren’t after the almighty dollar. Cole likely realizes the grass isn’t always greener on the other side. Those are the kind of student athletes that are true Bison. My only regret is that I didn’t attend Sunday night. Now let’s get to 200!

This! And Next time! Come to the next meeting & you’ll be able to visit with each athlete! CW & others are wonderful humans as well as athletes! We still have momentum rolling on Facebook, so please share those posts if you are able. Reaching out to your fellow Bison fans & providing info on the G & G Collective is the best way to get new members! Even a simple text message with the link to the website has proven to be beneficial!

Mr. Burgundy
12-08-2023, 02:44 PM
Friday morning update. Another great day yesterday. Still need a big push to get to 200. We don't want to miss out on this generosity. Hope everyone has safe travels. I look forward to the tailgate and meeting some of you. I will have some green and gold beer, selzers and vodka for anyone who is willing to feed me. LOL. Appreciate being a small part of Bison Nation! Thank you all. Hop on the site. Everyone is telling me how easy it is to sign up. Perfect! #roadto200

Anyone else think the game will be electric tomorrow? The ticket issue just has me fired up to see what the energy is like. I have never been there.

GreenfieldBison
12-08-2023, 03:22 PM
Here are some thoughts from PJ Fleck regarding NIL and Transfer Portal

https://www.startribune.com/gophers-football-pj-fleck-transfer-portal-prices-millions-matt-rhule/600325250 (https://www.startribune.com/gophers-football-pj-fleck-transfer-portal-prices-millions-matt-rhule/600325250/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=amnews)

23Bison
12-08-2023, 03:34 PM
Friday morning update. Another great day yesterday. Still need a big push to get to 200. We don't want to miss out on this generosity. Hope everyone has safe travels. I look forward to the tailgate and meeting some of you. I will have some green and gold beer, selzers and vodka for anyone who is willing to feed me. LOL. Appreciate being a small part of Bison Nation! Thank you all. Hop on the site. Everyone is telling me how easy it is to sign up. Perfect! #roadto200

Anyone else think the game will be electric tomorrow? The ticket issue just has me fired up to see what the energy is like. I have never been there.

I'm looking forward to your updates! I am curious what the tally is up to now on the road to 200 as of this morning. I believe we were at 163 as of yesterday morning.

oldmantutters
12-08-2023, 03:35 PM

I'd say you are more than a small part of Bison Nation. Thank you for all that you do!

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

B.Schlossman Fan Club
12-08-2023, 04:17 PM

What’s going to happen if CW get drafted ??? So much for establishing roots. It is always greener on the other side with a cool $100k no matter what happens. That’s life CJ angling money if you spend it wisely!

Professor Chaos
12-08-2023, 04:42 PM
What’s going to happen if CW get drafted ??? So much for establishing roots. It is always greener on the other side with a cool $100k no matter what happens. That’s life CJ angling money if you spend it wisely!
That's the whole point of the collective - he's probably not looking at 100k if he goes or 0 if he stays anymore.

southcliffbison
12-08-2023, 05:02 PM

He has to declare for the NFL draft; he hasn't done that, and, no, I don't know the cutoff date for the draft.

NDSU92
12-08-2023, 05:28 PM
First of all, you’re not banking $100k. You’re banking 60-70%. The government banks the rest.

Then you have to apply. Leave mid-year. Move, find housing, make sure your credits will transfer all within a month.

You have to make sure the new coaching staff actually wants you. Look at their depth chart, where do you think you fit in? If a player is that good at NDSU, they are certainly getting drafted and I’m not sure I know of a better developmental program than NDSU. If you’re in it for the long-haul, are you going to give up what you got to take the equivalent of one year of a high-level UDFA contract? All with the chance of getting buried on a depth chart?

We’re not fighting apples to apples. The kid has seen we’re willing to invest in him and he has his coaches, teammates and now as you see community support.

If a kid moves on, more power to him. Don’t hate the player, hate the game. The game sucks right now, but it’s what we got. Like all other things, bring on the competition. We’ll win this one too.

56BISON73
12-08-2023, 05:33 PM
Complicit extortion….

You gotta be kidding.

GreenfieldBison
12-08-2023, 05:34 PM
First of all, you’re not banking $100k. You’re banking 60-70%. The government banks the rest.

Then you have to apply. Leave mid-year. Move, find housing, make sure your credits will transfer all within a month.

You have to make sure the new coaching staff actually wants you. Look at their depth chart, where do you think you fit in? If a player is that good at NDSU, they are certainly getting drafted and I’m not sure I know of a better developmental program than NDSU. If you’re in it for the long-haul, are you going to give up what you got to take the equivalent of one year of a high-level UDFA contract? All with the chance of getting buried on a depth chart?

We’re not fighting apples to apples. The kid has seen we’re willing to invest in him and he has his coaches, teammates and now as you see community support.

If a kid moves on, more power to him. Don’t hate the player, hate the game. The game sucks right now, but it’s what we got. Like all other things, bring on the competition. We’ll win this one too.
Hear, hear 92.

56BISON73
12-08-2023, 05:41 PM

How many more you need?

bisonaudit
12-08-2023, 06:20 PM
[/B]

You gotta be kidding.

I hope they’re doing whatever comports with the prevailing attitudes of the department and the athletes that they’re serving.

NI4NI
12-08-2023, 06:22 PM

This is the only way to look at it.

56BISON73
12-08-2023, 07:11 PM
I hope they’re doing whatever comports with the prevailing attitudes of the department and the athletes that they’re serving.

So you are ok with them paying athletes based on the color of their skin as opposed to merit and performance. Go down that route and they may as well do that with recruiting players. Oh wait we all know how that worked

Do you work for UPENN?????

Nice troll by the way.

TAILG8R
12-08-2023, 07:11 PM
The more I read and listen to NIL and Transfer Portal talk around the NDSU players I would be pleasantly surprised if Zabel stays. I've now heard a new number bigger than the $250k thrown around earlier this week.

We WILL lose some guys to the portal this year and they will be impact players but I also believe because of the collective we will also keep a few that otherwise might have left.

The day after the end of the season is when we will know who.

56BISON73
12-08-2023, 07:13 PM

I signed Emily up. Good idea!!!!

MankatoBison
12-08-2023, 07:21 PM

“I’ll take vague and meaningless word salad for $800,000, Alex”

bisonfanette
12-08-2023, 07:41 PM
Let’s keep pushing by spreading the information to other Bison! The more members we have by kick off the better for the Green & Gold Collective. (I did the same… signed up our ndsu alumni daughter!) Sometimes all it takes is a simple text to a Bison Friend, with the link to the website and Boom - they join!

BISONBRI53
12-08-2023, 08:28 PM
Signed up and I signed up my dad. Good B-day present for him coming up...

LefseBison
12-08-2023, 09:04 PM
Signed up and I signed up my dad. Good B-day present for him coming up...

I am going in the Green and Gold Collective now, and try to figure this out. I am guessing it all has to be done on-line but I will soldier on through this. :praying: One first-time donation and then look at a monthly one.

B.Schlossman Fan Club
12-08-2023, 09:39 PM

Good for us that CW is sold on everything Bison. I’m just saying most guys getting that kind of offer are not turning it down. If they are getting over $100k they are going to see the field. Ignoring 100k plus offers as not a threat is ignorant.

The goal of the collective is to solve $5,000 problems. Who knows maybe we can grow it into something bigger but it will be hard to ever compete with the P5

bisonaudit
12-08-2023, 11:06 PM
“I’ll take vague and meaningless word salad for $800,000, Alex”

All I really mean is that the decision makers will probably be far more considered and practical than a couple of yahoos bantering on the internet.

NDSU92
12-08-2023, 11:26 PM
Good for us that CW is sold on everything Bison. I’m just saying most guys getting that kind of offer are not turning it down. If they are getting over $100k they are going to see the field. Ignoring 100k plus offers as not a threat is ignorant.

The goal of the collective is to solve $5,000 problems. Who knows maybe we can grow it into something bigger but it will be hard to ever compete with the P5

I don’t think you read my post. I’m not naive to what this kind of money is to these kids. I was a college student less than a decade ago.

I’m saying it’s not just a straight dollar for dollar decision.

LefseBison
12-08-2023, 11:59 PM
I had a little bit of problem submitting on-line (as expected) :blush: but they were so helpful and got back me to me promptly with Plan B! The ch*ck is in the mail.

Thrilled to be helping the students out via Green and Gold!

Will look into monthly installments in a bit as soon as I can figure it out. :hungry:

HerdBot
12-08-2023, 11:59 PM
The more I read and listen to NIL and Transfer Portal talk around the NDSU players I would be pleasantly surprised if Zabel stays. I've now heard a new number bigger than the $250k thrown around earlier this week.

We WILL lose some guys to the portal this year and they will be impact players but I also believe because of the collective we will also keep a few that otherwise might have left.

The day after the end of the season is when we will know who.

I hope the long term goal is more than that. When it grows, we can pay scholarships for walk ons. It's how a 63 limit scholarship team can get to 85 full rides. Or 100. That would offset the losses of star players. In sports like basketball it could be insanely powerful and arguably better use of funds. 100 grand is roughly 10 full rides for ND or MN residents. (Doesnt include room, board, bookd etc). Seems smarter than writing a check for 100 grand.

56BISON73
12-09-2023, 02:08 AM

Heres another thing the players are going to have to deal with. Just like the NFL-----

Interestingly enough, some of my fathers old NFL teammates are using a California based lawyer (because that is one of the highest payout states) to file workmans comp claims that are from the late 70s and early 80s. Interesting thing about the NFL is you actually pay taxes and comp for the state that weeks game is played in...meaning you actually can file Workmans comp insurance anywhere you played (2 of my pops teams were in CA, but his major injury was in MD...doesn't matter since he played in CA that season a few times). That is another thing, as an athlete, you are considered an entertainer and therefore taxed based on the performance location...not homebase or where you practice (except home games).As an entertainer, you practice for free, and get paid for the show. So, now the school must figure out all the various tax implications for each and every state they have athletic competitions in. Not just for FB but for every sport.

Going to need some really good tax people to navigate all this.

HerdBot
12-09-2023, 01:30 PM
Here is a dream scenerio

We typically have 120 players on the football roster. 63 scholarships, not everyone is a full ride so some are partial scholarships (1/4 to 1/2 to 3/4)

Average scholarship cost is complicated but lets use 10k base tuition for simplicity sake.
57 additional scholarships x $10,000 = $570,000 (does not include room, board, books, etc)

Of course that's not taking care of the existing 63 scholarships, so give them $10,000 each
63 x $10,000 = $630,000

Combined is 1.2 million per year for 57 additional scholarships + $10k for the existing 63

Players who are already getting a full ride + room/board/books + full cost of attendance get an extra $10,000. You have to remember college players can't work much because they are going to school full time and football is basically a full time job

Boom.

Then you have the star players. We will never be able to match P5 offers but we can set up endorsement deals to earn them real money. Obviously a star QB like an Easton Stick, or a stud player like Christian Watson, Marcus Williams, Jabril Cox, or John Crockett will be in higher demand and potentially earn legit money, depending on what a business will pay

So the base collective will truly be "collective" and the stars will be "free market."

That's ideal

You could also pay room/board/books for walk ons, but limit it to preferred walk ons and do 29 full rides instead of 57 tuition only

heffray
12-09-2023, 01:57 PM
Here is a dream scenerio

Really good movie. Watched it last night. Highly recommend. Just fantastic.

El_Chapo
12-09-2023, 01:59 PM
Jay on radio says 250 members. Gift unlocked!

Let’s roll.

KSBisonFan
12-09-2023, 02:09 PM
Jay on radio says 250 members. Gift unlocked!

Let’s roll.

Will we find out the amount of the gift?

bisonaudit
12-09-2023, 02:20 PM
Will we find out the amount of the gift?

Heard 5 or 6 figures somewhere (one of the Dom casts? Bison Report?) so in the absence to official word I’m thinking $75kish?

mtoutfitter
12-09-2023, 04:02 PM
Heard 5 or 6 figures somewhere (one of the Dom casts? Bison Report?) so in the absence to official word I’m thinking $75kish?

Thought I read somewhere that it was 100,000. Could be mistaken.

TAILG8R
12-09-2023, 07:56 PM
CW just added another $100k to his NIL offers with his performance in the first half today.

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
12-09-2023, 08:00 PM
I joined this morning, and after seeing Cole in the first half, I feel I should be upping my monthly contribution already...

NovaBison
12-10-2023, 02:57 AM
I joined this morning, and after seeing Cole in the first half, I feel I should be upping my monthly contribution already...

Last Sunday, I got the idea to do a "one time" -- vowing to do it after every win on the way to Frisco

Then I joined to help us get to 200

But I also made the promise to do a one-time after every win during the playoff run -- so here goes -- don't want to give the Bison bad juju

My wife is going to wonder what this "Green and Gold" thing is?

Gully
12-10-2023, 03:14 AM
Last Sunday, I got the idea to do a "one time" -- vowing to do it after every win on the way to Frisco

Then I joined to help us get to 200

But I also made the promise to do a one-time after every win during the playoff run -- so here goes -- don't want to give the Bison bad juju

My wife is going to wonder what this "Green and Gold" thing is?

Just tell her, "don't worry, I'm just diverting some of the money I normally give strippers, so it's not costing us anymore".

bisonfanette
12-10-2023, 05:17 AM
Honestly, this week would be another excellent week for a pre Missoula PUSH!
Jay, do you have another avid Bison fan/donor in your back pocket?

SoCalBison
12-10-2023, 06:49 PM
Just signed up for $25 a month. Anybody else ready to match today?

23Bison
12-11-2023, 03:33 PM
I have heard that we did break through that 200 member wall for the gift. I am curious how big the gift was? I've heard it was six figures. Does anyone know how much the gift was?

bison22
12-11-2023, 06:58 PM
I have heard that we did break through that 200 member wall for the gift. I am curious how big the gift was? I've heard it was six figures. Does anyone know how much the gift was?

Also interested in this and who it was from

southcliffbison
12-11-2023, 07:06 PM
If said person wants to remain anonymous, I have no problem with that. It's like winning a large lottery payout.......the last people you to want to find out about it are your relatives and friends.

TheKingpin28
12-11-2023, 07:06 PM
Joined a few days ago at the $25.00 level. I am way more frequent on AGS but joined due to the G&G NIL and a good amount of the THBTC is here.

Sent from my SM-A546U1 using Tapatalk

23Bison
12-11-2023, 07:07 PM
If said person wants to remain anonymous, I have no problem with that. It's like winning a large lottery payout.......the last people you to want to find out about it are your relatives and friends.

I guess that makes sense.

Mr. Burgundy
12-11-2023, 09:40 PM
Thank you guys for understanding the donor wants to be private. Very generous.

We blew away the goal. Our membership has exploded. We appreciate the momentum.

GreenfieldBison
12-11-2023, 11:11 PM

We appreciate you friend.

KTF
12-11-2023, 11:32 PM
Creative idea for the collective... https://footballscoop.com/news/cole-swindell-georgia-southern-nil-concert-collective

KC_Hats
12-12-2023, 02:14 AM
I saw a tweet today from a Griz fan talking about the Griz beating the Bison and Albany beating SDSU to eliminate the two remaining schools that pay Cost Of Living to their players. Montana and Montana State don't have that yet?

CAS4127
12-12-2023, 02:30 AM
I saw a tweet today from a Griz fan talking about the Griz beating the Bison and Albany beating SDSU to eliminate the two remaining schools that pay Cost Of Living to their players. Montana and Montana State don't have that yet?

Albany is not beating the Jacks. Griz could beat us tho.

KC_Hats
12-12-2023, 02:32 AM
My post was more about Montana and Montana State not paying their athletes cost of attendance.

Albany is not beating the Jacks. Griz could beat us tho.

Mr. Burgundy
12-29-2023, 06:06 PM
Big news coming from the G and G collective later today! Excellent start for the collective and the future of our program.

roadwarrior
12-29-2023, 06:24 PM
Big news coming from the G and G collective later today! Excellent start for the collective and the future of our program.

In the words of the famous Sambini, "+++++"

HerdBot
12-29-2023, 06:33 PM

Anxiously awaiting

Hammerhead
12-29-2023, 07:26 PM
https://media3.giphy.com/media/9SIXFu7bIUYHhFc19G/200w.webp?cid=6c09b9527dulqm0ee4tyqqzc6xi4mzovoquv x3nrzitleta4&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200w.webp&ct=g

reformedUNDfan
12-29-2023, 07:31 PM
Heres another thing the players are going to have to deal with. Just like the NFL-----

Interestingly enough, some of my fathers old NFL teammates are using a California based lawyer (because that is one of the highest payout states) to file workmans comp claims that are from the late 70s and early 80s. Interesting thing about the NFL is you actually pay taxes and comp for the state that weeks game is played in...meaning you actually can file Workmans comp insurance anywhere you played (2 of my pops teams were in CA, but his major injury was in MD...doesn't matter since he played in CA that season a few times). That is another thing, as an athlete, you are considered an entertainer and therefore taxed based on the performance location...not homebase or where you practice (except home games).As an entertainer, you practice for free, and get paid for the show. So, now the school must figure out all the various tax implications for each and every state they have athletic competitions in. Not just for FB but for every sport.

Going to need some really good tax people to navigate all this.

These students would be getting paid for NIL not for playing in games so their pay would be taxed wherever the collective is based.

NI4NI
12-29-2023, 07:51 PM
These students would be getting paid for NIL not for playing in games so their pay would be taxed wherever the collective is based.

I believe that to be correct.
Also, our investments are not tax deductible.
Are agents getting a cut from disbursements to players?
What are the administration costs of G&G?
These are questions many donors are curious about.

bisonaudit
12-29-2023, 07:57 PM
I believe that to be correct.
Also, our investments are not tax deductible.
Are agents getting a cut from disbursements to players?
What are the administration costs of G&G?
These are questions many donors are curious about.

If they are a not for profit they will have to file a 990 financial disclosure which is publicly available.

EndZoneQB
12-29-2023, 08:07 PM

Cole W staying?

bisonfanette
12-29-2023, 08:11 PM
�� Look at this post on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/share/p/uvzp5vucCy217A8J/?mibextid=WC7FNe

heffray
12-29-2023, 08:18 PM

Hey Burgundy - I noticed your site still has a quote from Entz listed… I believe Polasek has a been quote supporting the G&G (Gabe’s sig has one) so it might be a good idea to update it.

Just tryna help.

Bison_Pride
12-29-2023, 08:24 PM
My guess is a partnership with Opendorse.

THEsocalledfan
12-29-2023, 08:26 PM
So, the news is Cole saying he supports the collective? Meaning he's staying?

bisonfanette
12-29-2023, 08:30 PM
So, the news is Cole saying he supports the collective? Meaning he's staying?

Yes that is true.