PDA

View Full Version : 50 50

shorthairsrus
11-13-2023, 10:46 PM
Hasnt been claimed yet --- Is it rigged or what.

bison22
11-13-2023, 10:55 PM
It's Sunday morning and while we had a couple people who were very close, a winner has not yet contacted us. If you bought $40 in tickets, at 1:30 pm, check your ticket! E-226837 is in the range between E-226700 to E-226899. There is $46,250 waiting for you. You have until Friday to contact us at our offices 701-277-9271. Hope to hear from the lucky winner soon.

My guess is that ppl don't know simple math anymore and don't realize their number is between their range....or it's rigged. This is really messed up that this has happened so many times this year.

Bison03
11-14-2023, 12:56 AM
Well, playoff game will be a big one! And for that one, they cant announce it over the pa per ncaa rules.

Hammerhead
11-14-2023, 02:19 AM
We bought $40 in tickets from the same person just two minutes earlier. So close.

BISONBRI53
11-14-2023, 01:01 PM
It's Sunday morning and while we had a couple people who were very close, a winner has not yet contacted us. If you bought $40 in tickets, at 1:30 pm, check your ticket! E-226837 is in the range between E-226700 to E-226899. There is $46,250 waiting for you. You have until Friday to contact us at our offices 701-277-9271. Hope to hear from the lucky winner soon.

My guess is that ppl don't know simple math anymore and don't realize their number is between their range....or it's rigged. This is really messed up that this has happened so many times this year.

I met the people who won the BIG one a few weeks ago... They don't even go to the games. They come and tailgate buy a 50/50 and watch from home. There may be a lot of people like that and are just buying a ticket to buy one. They have no clue where to look or to look at all...

Hammerhead
11-14-2023, 01:49 PM
I met the people who won the BIG one a few weeks ago... They don't even go to the games. They come and tailgate buy a 50/50 and watch from home. There may be a lot of people like that and are just buying a ticket to buy one. They have no clue where to look or to look at all...

Seems crazy to me. Right on the bottom of the receipt is the web site to see if you are the winner and I think it also lets you monitor how much is in the pot while they are still selling tickets.

CAS4127
11-14-2023, 03:06 PM

Or, perhaps there is a glitch in the system. I’m really starting to think that is the case.

El_Chapo
11-14-2023, 03:25 PM
I'll tell you why this is happening

BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE FUCKING STUPID or SMALL TOWN IM GUESSING

I guarantee there's alot of people that get thier tickets and they see

D-22345 - 22385

(and the WINNING number is D -22352)

but they are only looking at 22345 & 22385!!

they don't understand they have all the numbers in between!!

In the Past every one of your numbers was listed .

garbageman
11-14-2023, 03:52 PM

D-22345 - 22385

Ya cause your big town and the smartest person you know. Man your a fucking idiot

TAILG8R
11-14-2023, 05:19 PM
Ya cause your big town and the smartest person you know. Man your a fucking idiot

Well he did say no one paid for his school!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
11-14-2023, 05:29 PM

D-22345 - 22385

We live in small town USA, so that makes us fucking stupid? Get bent moron.

The_Sicatoka
11-14-2023, 05:37 PM
Why not print all the numbers on the ticket? Saving on ink?
Printing them all might help folks that may have "beer goggles" adjusting their perceptions.

Hammerhead
11-14-2023, 05:53 PM
We bought our tickets from the same guy as the winner did just two minutes earlier and he specifically mentioned to us that we had all of the numbers between those listed on the ticket and we paid $40 just like the winner did.

D-22345 - 22385

scottietohottie
11-14-2023, 06:20 PM
We live in small town USA, so that makes us fucking stupid? Get bent moron.

Shit you got to look at the tickets? I've been waiting for my seat to buzz.

scottietohottie
11-14-2023, 06:22 PM
Try paying someone in Fargo with cash and see how street smart they really are eh.

TAILG8R
11-14-2023, 06:35 PM
Why not print all the numbers on the ticket? Saving on ink?
Printing them all might help folks that may have "beer goggles" adjusting their perceptions.

They used to but you had to bring an extra backpack to carry the "receipt" it was printed on. Those things made CVS receipts look like business cards.

TAILG8R
11-14-2023, 06:36 PM
Try paying someone in Fargo with cash and see how street smart they really are eh.

I only accept Loonies and Toonies, eh.

El_Chapo
11-14-2023, 06:39 PM
IM JUST SAYING PEOPLE ARENT USE TO DOING A FUCKING RAFFLE LIKE THIS!

They literally look at the 2 numbers on the ticket and dont see the winning ticket and throw it

hell some can barely function with an iphone or internet.

THEsocalledfan
11-14-2023, 07:18 PM
Lakes could actually be right about this. If true, I love this system....

El_Chapo
11-14-2023, 07:19 PM
Lakes could actually be right about this. If true, I love this system....

of course i am.

plus add in the Drunken Factor, the above 80 Factor, etc etc

bison22
11-14-2023, 07:51 PM
I 100% think it is this too. They don't understand they have a range of numbers between the two that are printed on the ticket.

shorthairsrus
11-14-2023, 07:57 PM
IM JUST SAYING PEOPLE ARENT USE TO DOING A FUCKING RAFFLE LIKE THIS!

They literally look at the 2 numbers on the ticket and dont see the winning ticket and throw it

hell some can barely function with an iphone or internet.

We have had 50/50 raffles at the high school level and some below that ------ its not rocket science

Why only this year --- it doesnt seem right.

CAS4127
11-15-2023, 01:44 AM
I 100% think it is this too. They don't understand they have a range of numbers between the two that are printed on the ticket.

See post #7. I’m pretty confident that is what is going on. Or else the letter in front of numbers is throwing people off—>don’t understand the need for that.

Also doesn’t help that Dan Michaels announced an incorrect number at SIU game, but I still think there is a glitch and NDSU has not even considered that possibility.

We need an engineer with an MBA to offer assistance to NDSU to figure this out.

Lakes is out on that option ….

56BISON73
11-15-2023, 01:48 AM
See post #7. I’m pretty confident that is what is going on. Or else the letter in front of numbers is throwing people off—>don’t understand the need for that.

Also doesn’t help that Dan Michaels announced an incorrect number at SIU game, but I still think there is a glitch and NDSU has not even considered that possibility.

So the letter has no bearing ????? I thought it did.

CAS4127
11-15-2023, 01:58 AM

It does—I’m just asking why it’s needed? Powerball doesn’t have one and way more tickets/numbers sold on that one. Y complicate things? Plus D and E sound a lot alike.

scottietohottie
11-15-2023, 01:59 AM
plus add in the Drunken Factor, the above 80 Factor, etc etc

Households with over 2 tvs and such.

Hammerhead
11-15-2023, 02:10 AM
Households with over 2 tvs and such.

We have 4 TVs for just the two of us and we can figure out the raffle.

GreenfieldBison
11-15-2023, 03:21 AM

Well it just might be one of those finance MBA’s who peeked at the current LIBOR curve and advised the raffle operator that a nice fat float should be captured for a week or two.

The_Sicatoka
11-15-2023, 12:35 PM
Doesn't the letter designate which game during the season?

scottietohottie
11-15-2023, 12:42 PM
Couldn't they just put a line through the winning ticket like pull tabs? I only understand pictures.

Bison Bridge Guy
11-15-2023, 12:45 PM
Doesn't the letter designate which game during the season?

I always thought so but I believe it designates which machine sold the ticket.

BISONBRI53
11-15-2023, 01:05 PM

The letter signifies if you bought outside or inside

THEsocalledfan
11-15-2023, 01:07 PM

If that is true, and that is new to me, I wonder how many I have won. That also be the reason for why so many unclaimed.

CAS4127
11-15-2023, 01:42 PM
If that is true, and that is new to me, I wonder how many I have won. That also be the reason for why so many unclaimed.

Let’s not confuse things. For example, if there is an “E” preceding the numbers, the winning “number” has to have an “E” at the begining—>so the letter does matter.

Mr Meaty
11-15-2023, 01:51 PM
I was told by one the sellers that the letter is just to refer to how many tickets you have purchased. Next time by $5 in tickets and then buy $30 in tickets and you will see two different letters in front of your numbers.

bison22
11-15-2023, 02:00 PM
I was told by one the sellers that the letter is just to refer to how many tickets you have purchased. Next time by $5 in tickets and then buy $30 in tickets and you will see two different letters in front of your numbers.

uhhhh if this is true that's bad. I was under the assumption that tells you what machine sold you the ticket. If we have a "D" at the front of our ticket and the announcer calls "E" we assume we already lost and don't look at the number.

Mr Meaty
11-15-2023, 02:16 PM
uhhhh if this is true that's bad. I was under the assumption that tells you what machine sold you the ticket. If we have a "D" at the front of our ticket and the announcer calls "E" we assume we already lost and don't look at the number.

Well it would because there will not be a ticket D 120560 and one ticket E 120560. So does the letter matter??? Yes and No.

56BISON73
11-15-2023, 02:27 PM

Then why do they include the letter with the winning number?

The_Sicatoka
11-15-2023, 02:35 PM
A mystery leading letter and a range, just first and last number (no print of all in between), ... what could go wrong.

taper
11-15-2023, 02:50 PM
If the letter depends on the number of tickets bought then I see a good reason for it. You get a discount for larger purchases and indicating this by letter is an easy way for the computer to keep track of the actual dollar amount. 100k tickets sold is going to be a lot less than $100k in actual cash.

TAILG8R
11-15-2023, 02:56 PM
I would guess one of the reasons the letter is used is for auditing. Whether it’s for which machine the purchase was from or what “deal” the buyer got.

The program would have no problem handling all of that on the backend without the need for exposing a letter to the buyer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BISONBRI53
11-15-2023, 02:57 PM
Then why do they include the letter with the winning number?

Got me? I was told this by one of the 50/50 ticket guys I am friends with...

56BISON73
11-15-2023, 03:27 PM

There haven't been that many over the years .

Professor Chaos
11-15-2023, 04:36 PM
The letter indicates what denomination of tickets you bought: A numbers are $1 tickets, B numbers are $5 tickets, C is $10, D is $20, E is $40. I'd assume taper's reasoning is correct that this is for auditing/reporting purposes so they know that 100 E numbers only add $40 to the total pot whereas 100 A numbers add $100 to the pot.

There is only one unique number across all the letters so if only one machine is printing tickets and someone buys $1 worth they get number A1001 - then if the next person buys $40 worth they get ticket numbers E1002-1101. If you have a tailgate group buying a bunch of tickets at once of various denominations you can validate this but I'm nearly positive this is how it works based on the tickets that have been printed for our group.

TL;DR the higher the number is the later in the day it was sold - the letter just indicates how much money the winner spent to get the winning ticket.

taper
11-15-2023, 04:56 PM
There's also a very good reason to print the letter on the ticket. A very easy fraud for the ticket seller would be to record sales at the next higher tier and pocket the difference. Your register would still balance and there's no paper trail of what you did. A few cents per ticket times thousands of tickets can really add up.

BISONBRI53
11-15-2023, 04:56 PM
The letter indicates what denomination of tickets you bought: A numbers are $1 tickets, B numbers are $5 tickets, C is $10, D is $20, E is $40. I'd assume taper's reasoning is correct that this is for auditing/reporting purposes so they know that 100 E numbers only add $40 to the total pot whereas 100 A numbers add $100 to the pot.

There is only one unique number across all the letters so if only one machine is printing tickets and someone buys $1 worth they get number A1001 - then if the next person buys $40 worth they get ticket numbers E1002-1101. If you have a tailgate group buying a bunch of tickets at once of various denominations you can validate this but I'm nearly positive this is how it works based on the tickets that have been printed for our group.

TL;DR the higher the number is the later in the day it was sold - the letter just indicates how much money the winner spent to get the winning ticket.

Well there we go... If the people selling them don't know how are WE supposed to know???

THEsocalledfan
11-15-2023, 05:36 PM

My goodness! I had no idea. Once I saw the letter, I did not even pay attention after that. Granted, they do show a letter when they give the winning ticket, so maybe I've been okay?

Professor Chaos
11-15-2023, 06:14 PM
My goodness! I had no idea. Once I saw the letter, I did not even pay attention after that. Granted, they do show a letter when they give the winning ticket, so maybe I've been okay?
Yeah, your letter still has to match. When they announce the winning number as D-123456 there's only one ticket with that number across all the letters and they know that number is a D number since it's all computerized from the various machines that are printing the receipts.

It wouldn't hurt to just ignore the letter and check the number in the incredibly unlikely event that there is a glitch and they announce the winning number with the wrong letter but, if that happens, they've got some issues with their software that really shouldn't be happening considering how much money is at stake.

1998braves64
11-16-2023, 06:03 PM
Letter matters for record-keeping purposes and accounting, and the winning number is going to have only 1 letter. I'm piggybacking taper here, but now that people have pointed out the A/B/C/D/E is showing "how" you bought the ticket(s) I had never really given it much thought. There are no overlapping numbers with different letters, as that would be a logistical nightmare, and waiting for someone to get pissed off just because they have a different letter only. If you have all the numbers correct then you're the winner, but double-check the letter just to be sure is my speculation on it, so in that sense, I don't know that you NEED to check the letter but you might as well while you're looking at the big screen and your ticket.

But with the way people struggle with simple math even, and even sort of goes with us old dudes who never have to count out cash anymore either because we use debit/credit cards etc, it wouldn't surprise me if people are looking at their tickets and not seeing the actual number and not realizing it is within their range of numbers, as people can be easily confused. I hadn't even bought a ticket since they went to that method.

LefseBison
11-17-2023, 03:32 AM
Letter matters for record-keeping purposes and accounting, and the winning number is going to have only 1 letter. I'm piggybacking taper here, but now that people have pointed out the A/B/C/D/E is showing "how" you bought the ticket(s) I had never really given it much thought. There are no overlapping numbers with different letters, as that would be a logistical nightmare, and waiting for someone to get pissed off just because they have a different letter only. If you have all the numbers correct then you're the winner, but double-check the letter just to be sure is my speculation on it, so in that sense, I don't know that you NEED to check the letter but you might as well while you're looking at the big screen and your ticket.

But with the way people struggle with simple math even, and even sort of goes with us old dudes who never have to count out cash anymore either because we use debit/credit cards etc, it wouldn't surprise me if people are looking at their tickets and not seeing the actual number and not realizing it is within their range of numbers, as people can be easily confused. I hadn't even bought a ticket since they went to that method.

There is a lot of multitasking and distractions going on in society, people don't "see" or process stuff plus there is ADHD going on, too.

1998braves64
11-18-2023, 03:32 AM
There is a lot of multitasking and distractions going on in society, people don't "see" or process stuff plus there is ADHD going on, too.No doubt I'm guilty of it too where simple stupid stuff gets me.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

roadwarrior
11-23-2023, 01:00 PM
They are going back to printing every number on the receipts.

Gully
11-23-2023, 01:12 PM
Is it just me or does it feel like things are generally getting worse? Things that used to work easily seem to be difficult.

CAS4127
11-23-2023, 01:46 PM
They are going back to printing every number on the receipts.

And the SUI $$ will carry over to next year. Will not attach to playoff raffle.

southcliffbison
11-23-2023, 03:08 PM

How much will be carried over?

taper
11-23-2023, 03:54 PM

Does that mean the regular season and playoff 50/50s are legally separate raffles? With the NCAA rules on gambling during playoffs changing a few things plus an unknown number of drawings I could see that. If so, what happens if the final playoff win isn't claimed and we don't make the post season for a few years? Just hangs in limbo?

CAS4127
11-23-2023, 05:21 PM
Does that mean the regular season and playoff 50/50s are legally separate raffles? With the NCAA rules on gambling during playoffs changing a few things plus an unknown number of drawings I could see that. If so, what happens if the final playoff win isn't claimed and we don't make the post season for a few years? Just hangs in limbo?

My hunch is that the $$ would be there for next regular season game.

CAS4127
11-23-2023, 05:24 PM
My hunch is that the $$ would be there for next regular season game.

Also, tickets Saturday will only be sold in TG lots and inside southern-most east entrance door—not actually “inside” the Dome. At least that’s my interpretation of the set up info.

Hammerhead
11-25-2023, 06:54 PM
They went back to every number on the ticket so ours is like a CVS receipt now.

Bison03
11-25-2023, 07:16 PM
The 2 week carry over will be applied to next years season opener.

Da Bison
11-26-2023, 02:41 AM
Never saw today's number. Was there to the end.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Jay
11-26-2023, 02:50 AM
Never saw today's number. Was there to the end.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

They put it on the video boards. D192826.

Hammerhead
11-26-2023, 04:00 AM
They put it on the video boards. D192826.

Normally the announcer says to look at the video board and we never heard that. You can visit the web site on your receipt to see the winner and watch the pot grow up though halftime.