PDA

View Full Version : McFeely QB Column

BisonMav
10-30-2004, 01:11 PM
Today's McFeely with a couple jabs at the arm-chair QB's.

McFeely Column (http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=74077&section=columnists&columnist=Mi ke%20McFeely)

BisonInTexas
10-30-2004, 01:42 PM
I think McFeely has spent some time on Bisonville. Perhaps he is 1234? ;D

BTW, is it just me or is 1234 back (as 01234)? The posts sure read the same (although much more reserved).

Craig

WYOBISONMAN
10-30-2004, 02:12 PM
Damn.....I felt like he took a poke at me! He must not have liked my QB poll I set up after the game. ;)

Here is to Walker and having a hell of a game.......best of luck Steve!

Bisonguy
10-30-2004, 02:51 PM
Taking a jab?? WTF?

I thought he was talking about how great everyone is on Bisonville(actually, in the print version the comment is repeated when the column is continued on page D3).

The news was met with rejoicing among hard-core Bison fans-particularly those levelheaded, clear-thinking gentlemen who frequent the team's Internet message boards.

I've been called much worse than a gentleman.... ;D ;D

WYOBISONMAN
10-30-2004, 03:54 PM
LOL........ ;D............Good point Bisonguy!!

trams86
10-30-2004, 04:56 PM
Bison win; the quarterback is fit for the U.S. Senate. Bison lose three games by a total of eight points; the poor kid is clearly a loser.

Stauss 1TD 9INT's in those 3 games.
Walker might struggle today, but whats left to play for? no playoffs, no conf. title. Playing the kid today will help him get the experience he needs to lead this team for the next 3 years.

whatever_
10-30-2004, 10:06 PM
Exactly what I was thinking.

when Staussy went down he went down hard. There was no reason not to give walker the chance. He's the future, and although its nice to win...there are no playoffs this year. Need to get the program ready for the future.

Bob_Holiday
10-31-2004, 01:19 AM
Hi all,
Of course you all know by now that Steve Walker had a great game today. No one knows what is going through Mike McFeely's noggin when he writes a pointless column like today's but let me be the first to say that if they pay you for wasting paper like that more power to you. Go for it Mike!!

Go Bison,
Bob

Bisonguy
10-31-2004, 01:38 AM
Does anybody actually read McFeely's articles, or do they just skip over any positive thing he might say, and try to extract all the negatives about NDSU? I never thought this McFeely piece was negative, basically it was just asking Bison fans to be objective about Walker's performance. Walker had not proven much in a Bison uniform until this game, other than he could pick apart a prevent defense with a five wide offense when there was nothing to lose.

Let's look at McFeely's closing statement:
(my comments in bold)

Don't misunderstand. Walker comes with an extraordinary high school pedigree and his glimpses of action at NDSU have been worth noting. This game might be the beginning of a long, prosperous, successful career for the Bison.
Hmmmmm..... it might be

But the fact that Walker is starting instead of Stauss guarantees nothing.
True. No guarantees and no free lunches

Walker might have a great game. The Bison might win.
They did
He might not. The Bison might lose.
They did not
NDSU fans should be prepared for either outcome.
Most were

Was that article really that bad? It's a friggin' op-ed column, not the Sugar-coated Bison Times, now with 50% more yellow and green blinders on. ::) ::) ::)

Tatanka
10-31-2004, 02:06 AM
McFeely is a douche.

If you remember this simple statement, you won't get upset by his mindless blathering or try to make sense of his daily drivel.

Bob_Holiday
10-31-2004, 02:15 AM
Bisonguy,
You're right. I read his stuff and immediately my knees jerk to my chest. He has that affect on me. I should try to be a little more objective about his writing. He did actually imply that we have some influence in coaching decisions, which of course is ludicrous, but none the less slightly flattering.
Go Bison,
Bob

Bisonguy
10-31-2004, 02:33 AM
I honestly used to have the same reaction, until his column on the former head coach while he was still the head coach. That column opened my eyes that McFeely isn't always full of @#$#, although it took a couple weeks after it was written to see the truth. I don't hold everything he says as gospel, but I try to see if he's making a valid point. I just really dislike it when his writing is dismissed as "Bison-hating". He tries to take a different perspective on a lot of issues, and/or cause discussion and controversy. Kinda like a certain local radio personality.

I don't always agree with either one, but I might change my mind or even strengthen my own opposing opinion.

99Bison
10-31-2004, 05:24 AM
Mcy'd writes about the bison because he is paid to. He always needs to write something contrary to bison fans current thoughts to stir up something that will get him talked about and read. Hence this thread, congrats Mike.

Now, he does have valid points sometimes which are fine, although most of the time they are very short sited. Anyway, the wording the presentation of the points come across condescending, that is what really aggrivates people. I don't care who/what you are talking about, if you talk about something people care about that way it is bound to turn heads and come with strong opposition. IMO it is one of the lowest levels of journalism to stoop to.

If you notice he also writes about the vikings, etc. and makes similar points, but the extreme negativity isn't there for his other articles.

Bisonfan01234
10-31-2004, 04:17 PM
McFeely will say whatever sells the most papers.

JBB
10-31-2004, 04:57 PM
I re-read it and have to agree with Bisonguy. But Im more like Bob and had the knee jerk reaction. I found it mildly entertaining the second time trough. Although I am a critic of McFeely, I believe he is a critic of NDSU as well. No bad blood Im sure.

WYOBISONMAN
10-31-2004, 05:49 PM
Ditto what JBB said.....

BISON_PRIDE
11-01-2004, 07:23 PM
It's time for us hard-core Bison fans, particularly us level-headed, clear thinking gentlemen who frequent the teams internet message boards, to do the right thing tomorrow and write in Steve Walker for our candidate for the U.S. Senate. Thanks for the helpful advice Mike! ;)

WYOBISONMAN
11-01-2004, 07:41 PM
Yes....I think both parties could agree on that vote.... ;)