PDA

View Full Version : Don't the Sioux Still Suck?

SomeBeach
10-13-2023, 06:32 PM
Back in the Olden Days, the week of a UND/NDSU football was full of anticipation, excitement, nasty salvos between fan bases. This year... NOTHING.
No thread that I can find even mentioning the game.

Is fan apathy truly taking over?
Are we secretly scared UND might just be at our level, or better, this time around?
I know we have a better rivalry with SDSU lately, but still....
And yes, I'm guilty of it too...

Still, what's going on, BISONVILLE?

AKCBOXERZ
10-13-2023, 06:40 PM
Wioux?

Hammerhead
10-13-2023, 06:49 PM
As someone who followed NDSU since the early 1980s and went to the watch parties in Oregon before the games were online or on ESPN3, the UND rivalry just isn't the same. I'll be wearing my "4 quarters for a nickel" T-shirt on game day and they don't even play for a trophy anymore. Maybe the rivalry will be renewed be if UND starts beating us again? Maybe we could play for sugar beet or catfish trophy?

BigHorns
10-13-2023, 06:49 PM
Losses to Boise and SDSU, but they blew out the other teams. Ranked #15.
We better bring a good effort tomorrow. Need to be winning out most of the way to get a top 4 seed.

This does feel like it has potential to be a trap game, after a solid performance last week.

Surprising with some of the trivial shit people debate here we don't even have an preview/game thread. Guess this is it.

tony
10-13-2023, 07:22 PM
Surprising with some of the trivial shit people debate here we don't even have an official gamethread yet.

I just can't make myself care. I wish they were still in the Big Sky - or better yet, in D2. This game has a huge ick factor.

It's a no-win game since it became apparent that beating them by 3 or more TDs won't shut the perpetually crying hawks up.

runtheoption
10-13-2023, 07:35 PM
I've tried to get excited for this game ever since we resumed playing them in 2015. And I fail every time. I'm heading to Alexandria at about the same time as kickoff, so maybe I will get to watch the 2nd half. If not, oh well, it just feels like we are playing Illinois State or Indiana State to me. But this creates a weird cognitive dissonance moment for me, as I would absolutely hate to lose this game more than any other regular season game on the schedule.

Like Tony said, the whole thing has a huge ick factor.

PlrbrBison
10-13-2023, 07:38 PM
I forgot the Bison play this weekend, was thinking its a bye week. Actually been reviewing and boning up on Western Illinois, we play them on the 21st.

Kevin
10-13-2023, 07:38 PM
fuck them bro

GCWaters
10-13-2023, 07:43 PM
Wioux?

Shouldn't that be "Whioux"?

BISONBRI53
10-13-2023, 07:45 PM
fuck them bro

100%

Not excited for this though. I think TR reverts back to ass pucker time and those assholes squeeze out a close one.

GOB1SON
10-13-2023, 07:50 PM
Just feels like the casual fan is out and the die-hards can't keep the volume up by themselves.

Used to shut down for the weekend for every home game, now it's hard to get hard over Murray or W Ill. I'm going tomorrow (beef commission is serving burgers somewhere so I'll be wearing an apron) but I'm the exception with my usual crew.

Once the Sioux win one, maybe the intensity will change a bit.

El_Chapo
10-13-2023, 07:52 PM
what a f@!@king clown "SomeBITCH" were you the homecoming queen?

I am 1 of the most decorated ndsu fans ever, I used to go up there in the 90s. I haven't stepped foot at a sporting event up there since 2002 for gophers/holy cross hockey
I DONT KNOW 1 PERSON GOING TO THE GAME outside Eliot/Alex and they are forced to goto it.

We treat this game like western Illinois or Drake.

move this thread to Hall of Shane

Ron HIS Horse is Thunder is being disrespected with this thread.
I'll be duck hunting this weekend. I've seen no social media on this game or even talk about it. Zzzz. But I'll be front row at SDSU and at UNI our true rivals!

garbageman
10-13-2023, 08:05 PM
Thank god someone started an undies thread because over on whoiuxsports they are beside themselves cause there wasnt a thread on here. If the undies would happen to win do they storm the field cause you know this isnt their superbowl?

BISONBRI53
10-13-2023, 08:28 PM

I am 1 of the most decorated ndsu fans ever, I used to go up there in the 90s. I haven't stepped foot at a sporting event up there since 2002 for gophers/holy cross hockey
I DONT KNOW 1 PERSON GOING TO THE GAME outside Eliot/Alex and they are forced to goto it.

I'll be duck hunting this weekend. I've seen no social media on this game or even talk about it. Zzzz. But I'll be front row at SDSU and at UNI our true rivals!

Dude. Wha?

SomeBeach
10-13-2023, 08:43 PM
Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post

Dude. Wha?

Don't worry about it, Bri. Assholes are gonna Asshole.

But this is a prime example of what is wrong with Bisonville lately. A homophobic, personal attack on someone for voicing an opinion which apparently differs from His. How, I don't exactly know.

reformedUNDfan
10-13-2023, 08:48 PM
Und has the 300 post thread on the game and NDSU has a 7 post thread about there not being a thread

Hammerhead
10-13-2023, 09:00 PM
Und has the 300 post thread on the game and NDSU has a 7 post thread about there not being a thread

This game probably means more to UND fans as I doubt they consider any other team a rival. Did they even have a rival in the Big Sky conference or when they were still in D-II without NDSU?

El_Chapo
10-13-2023, 09:07 PM
Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post

Don't worry about it, Bri. Assholes are gonna Asshole.

But this is a prime example of what is wrong with Bisonville lately. A homophobic, personal attack on someone for voicing an opinion which apparently differs from His. How, I don't exactly know.

enjoy hoople! no D2 fans allowed on bisonville.

TAILG8R
10-13-2023, 09:09 PM
Thank god someone started an undies thread because over on whoiuxsports they are beside themselves cause there wasnt a thread on here. If the undies would happen to win do they storm the field cause you know this isnt their superbowl?

When they eventually win they will 100% storm the field. Apparently the authorities at the big grain bin up north have been discussing the fact that the fans will most likely storm the field if they win.

TAILG8R
10-13-2023, 09:11 PM
Over/under on time Chapo posts in the GDT thread tomorrow, I'll throw out 1:08.
Whatcha got over or under?

tony
10-13-2023, 09:36 PM
Well, I've got a UND stat that I haven't seen mentioned.

UND has lost four of their five DI games against NDSU by 3 TDs or more.

NDSU has lost three games total by 3 TDs or more in the last 20 seasons.

TAILG8R
10-13-2023, 09:40 PM
Well, I've got a stat that I haven't seen mentioned:

In DI, UND has lost four of the five games against NDSU by 3 TDs or more.

NDSU has lost three games by 3 TDs for more in the last 20 seasons.

I don't think this will be a 21 point win but I do think if Roehl can call a good game NDSU wins by 14+.

With that said, I'm nervous he's going to go into his safety blanket offense and it will be unnecessarily close.

SomeBeach
10-13-2023, 09:43 PM
enjoy hoople! no D2 fans allowed on bisonville.

Thanks for the feedback, Lakes. You're such a sad little man.

10-13-2023 03:53 PM
El_Chapo
Thread: Don't the Sioux Still Suck?

you're such a queer were u homecoming queen?

Kevin
10-13-2023, 09:44 PM
bros i've been playing RetroBowl College on ios. Download it, lots of fuckin' fun.

Playing as the Bison, lost to USD in the game. Next day? We lost to USD.

u don't want to know what just happened.

heffray
10-13-2023, 10:03 PM
I think BisonTeacher’s sig line rings true here for me: “I don’t care what their nickname is, they still suck and always will.”

I personally don’t dignify those losers by using their beloved old name. It’s not about being PC, it’s because fuckem. They don’t deserve it. Yes, SDSU has unseeded UND as our true rival at this point, but still…

Fuckem. I hate this game, lose-lose as a few have said, but fuckem anyway.

BiZon22
10-13-2023, 10:25 PM
Who honestly cares about this game? I mean I care in the sense I want a win of course but I don’t get any more excited for this than I do Misery State for example

garbageman
10-13-2023, 10:44 PM
Who honestly cares about this game? I mean I care in the sense I want a win of course but I don’t get any more excited for this than I do Misery State for example

Do you mean you wont rush the field when the BISON win?

El_Chapo
10-13-2023, 11:26 PM

El_Chapo

takes a REAL POS to post a Private convo between men onto here. oh wait

Ron Horse Is Thunder will find you in your sleep.
Drunky the Indian Mascot says hi as well

scottietohottie
10-13-2023, 11:33 PM

Drunky the Indian Mascot says hi as well

Yeah I remember when you posted one of my private rep messages and then I neg rep you until your chiclet turned red and you cried and cried like a baby about it eh. The good old days. I didn't even rep comment old alumni today. I've grown up so much. Only took 40 fucking years eh.

SomeBeach
10-13-2023, 11:47 PM

Drunky the Indian Mascot says hi as wellOne bully comment from you in my comment section is not a conversation, Asshole. That's just you being a jerk.

I shared it because I don't want anyone to have any doubt about what an insecure little person you are.

Why don't you just go away? The site would be so much more enjoyable without you.

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using Tapatalk

El_Chapo
10-13-2023, 11:56 PM
oh so D2 wanna be's can go jerk off over the d2 ndsu und days?

NDSU FOOTBALL PROGRAM has evaluated from 2007-2023 into 1 of the best programs ever . I'll be damned if we let the small timers hold us back .

We push this program, that's how it sustains success. that loss to usd was a big wake up call to this staff and ndsu players. the fire is back they understand. so let's sit back & watch

scottietohottie
10-14-2023, 12:07 AM
Shove that west Fargo offense so far up Bubbas ass he'll be limping with both legs eh

Kevin
10-14-2023, 12:49 AM
Hey Scotty did lakes happen to stop by the barn this week?

El_Chapo
10-14-2023, 12:57 AM
Hey Scotty did lakes happen to stop by the barn this week?

meth and guns don't mix bro. ok I'm out bitches.

scottietohottie
10-14-2023, 01:28 AM
meth and guns don't mix bro. ok I'm out bitches.

You aint living bro!

Bison03
10-14-2023, 02:17 AM
Reports are, as reported by Dom Izzo, is that if und were to win tomorrow, they are fully anticipating, and allowing the fans to rush the field. Don’t tell me this isn’t their superbowl, don’t tell me that its not more of a rivalry to them them it is to us, don’t tell me that a win vs NDSU wouldn’t be their biggest win in the DI era and maybe the biggest regular season win since they broke the 12 game winning streak in 1993. Don’t tell me that und fans want to win tomorrow more then any game they have played. It has been 20 years since und fans have been able to gloat over a win over the Bison. It means more to their fans as we are their rival. SDSU is our bigger rival. But und is still a rival, and I still want to kick their ass tomorrow.

BisonHorns
10-14-2023, 03:22 AM
To me it is a game on the schedule that I don't want to lose just like the rest. I do believe UND fans want this win badly but I do not believe it is a rivalry anymore. I haven't heard one person talk about it this week.

AKBison
10-14-2023, 04:03 AM
I just can't make myself care. I wish they were still in the Big Sky - or better yet, in D2. This game has a huge ick factor.

It's a no-win game since it became apparent that beating them by 3 or more TDs won't shut the perpetually crying hawks up.

Tony nailed it. I just don't care about it anymore and look forward to it going away when we move to FBS.

Kevin
10-14-2023, 05:00 AM
WHAR GdT THREAD HEFFY?

WHAR????

CaBisonFan
10-14-2023, 11:06 AM
17 is usually greater than 1.

BisonHorns
10-14-2023, 11:22 AM
I think Tyler Roehl has become more of a rival around Fargo than UND. People talk more about whether the play calling is beating the bison than any team.

scottietohottie
10-14-2023, 11:31 AM
I think Tyler Roehl has become more of a rival around Fargo than UND. People talk more about whether the play calling is beating the bison than any team.

Yeah well he's the king of west Fargo.

Grizzled
10-14-2023, 12:46 PM
Reports are, as reported by Dom Izzo, is that if und were to win tomorrow, they are fully anticipating, and allowing the fans to rush the field. Don’t tell me this isn’t their superbowl, don’t tell me that its not more of a rivalry to them them it is to us, don’t tell me that a win vs NDSU wouldn’t be their biggest win in the DI era and maybe the biggest regular season win since they broke the 12 game winning streak in 1993. Don’t tell me that und fans want to win tomorrow more then any game they have played. It has been 20 years since und fans have been able to gloat over a win over the Bison. It means more to their fans as we are their rival. SDSU is our bigger rival. But und is still a rival, and I still want to kick their ass tomorrow.

You’re right, if we some how lose today the reactions tomorrow will feel just like the day after a loss to SDSU.

Give me a break. Gene Taylor and Craig Bohl knew what this game meant and that’s the reason it wasn’t on the schedule. They weren’t afraid to talk about that.

NDSUBowler
10-14-2023, 02:37 PM

El_Chapo

Chapo didnt get the message, hes supposed to be racist this week. Homophobia was so 2 weeks ago.

tony
10-14-2023, 04:15 PM
Give me a break. Gene Taylor and Craig Bohl knew what this game meant and that’s the reason it wasn’t on the schedule. They weren’t afraid to talk about that.

Well, that's not entirely true (i.e. bullshit.)

UND called off the rivalry in all sports via press conference in 2004. There was a four-year home and home on the table and UND said no. Once UND did their 180 on going DI, they suddenly started making noise about how the NDSU game was important to the state and tried to get the Legislature to mandate an annual game, but that didn't stop UND from turning NDSU down when they were offered a game in 2013.

Gene Taylor did make it clear that he wasn't going to do any favors for UND, but that's understandable after 10+ years of crap they pulled.

heffray
10-14-2023, 05:18 PM
Well, that's not entirely true (i.e. bullshit.)

UND called off the rivalry in all sports via press conference in 2004. There was a four-year home and home on the table and UND said no. Once UND did their 180 on going DI, they suddenty started making noise about how the NDSU game was important to the state and tried to get the Legislature to mandate an annual game, but that didn't stop UND from turning NDSU down when they were offered a game in 2013.

Gene Taylor did make it clear that he wasn't going to do any favors for UND, but that's understandable after 10+ years of crap they pulled.

How soon we forget what pieces of shit UND and their fans are. They’re almost as bad as SDSU fans. Just way more pathetic.

Bison4peat
10-14-2023, 05:51 PM
How soon we forget what pieces of shit UND and their fans are. They’re almost as bad as SDSU fans. Just way more pathetic.

Calm down Dom

heffray
10-14-2023, 07:37 PM
Calm down Dom

I don’t follow…

Bison4peat
10-14-2023, 07:42 PM
I don’t follow…

Tongue in cheek

heffray
10-14-2023, 07:44 PM
Tongue in cheek

Ahhh ok. All out of rep, sorry. :)

El_Chapo
10-14-2023, 08:12 PM
I blame somebitch for starting this

the end

WYOBISONMAN
10-14-2023, 08:22 PM
Back in the Olden Days, the week of a UND/NDSU football was full of anticipation, excitement, nasty salvos between fan bases. This year... NOTHING.
No thread that I can find even mentioning the game.

Is fan apathy truly taking over?
Are we secretly scared UND might just be at our level, or better, this time around?
I know we have a better rivalry with SDSU lately, but still....
And yes, I'm guilty of it too...

Still, what's going on, BISONVILLE?

The reality is that most of us care more about other games than one against the F'awks. In conference play it more about SDSU and UNI. Most years the F'awks are a pretty worthless team. This year the Herd is down and fans are apathetic.

Grizzled
10-14-2023, 09:36 PM

No big deal right………

tony
10-14-2023, 09:37 PM
No big deal right………

For them it is.

For me, the big deal is that our defense is terrible.

Grizzled
10-14-2023, 09:44 PM
For them it is.

What position group were we better today?

SDbison
10-14-2023, 09:47 PM
What position group were we better today? well let's see... Bison offense, defense and special teams sucked.

Grizzled
10-14-2023, 09:47 PM
For them it is.

But SDSU….

BISONBRI53
10-16-2023, 01:14 PM
oh so D2 wanna be's can go jerk off over the d2 ndsu und days?

NDSU FOOTBALL PROGRAM has evaluated from 2007-2023 into 1 of the best programs ever . I'll be damned if we let the small timers hold us back .

We push this program, that's how it sustains success. that loss to usd was a big wake up call to this staff and ndsu players. the fire is back they understand. so let's sit back & watch

This aged well....

TAILG8R
10-16-2023, 05:01 PM
This aged well....

Chapo's posts shelf life is shorter than the time it takes to load in the browser.

KSBisonFan
10-16-2023, 05:10 PM
Chapo's posts shelf life is shorter than the time it takes to load in the browser.

But still longer than JMU's dynasty.

TAILG8R
10-16-2023, 05:23 PM
But still longer than JMU's dynasty.

"I always ..."

That one will never get old.

Did you know they combined with NDSU to win FCS 9 championships in a row??

daddy daycare
10-16-2023, 05:27 PM
Probably should give a f*ck after that dumpster fire.

Bisonator98
10-16-2023, 06:16 PM
Yes they still suck........problem is the Bison suck even worse this year.

thebigund
10-16-2023, 07:27 PM
How’s desperately pretending not to care working?

garbageman
10-16-2023, 07:36 PM

Did that hurt your feelings. How pathetic your crowd storming the field after just a regular season win but i giess you guys have only ever won 1 natty

Bisonator98
10-16-2023, 08:10 PM

Congrats on winning your super bowl now go lay an egg at UNI.

Jim Puetz
10-16-2023, 09:35 PM
The Swallows will lose at USD and UNI. They will be overconfident and still patting themselves on the back for winning their Super Bowl last week and get jumped on by the Yotes.

scbison91
10-16-2023, 09:47 PM
The Swallows will lose at USD and UNI. They will be overconfident and still patting themselves on the back for winning their Super Bowl last week and get jumped on by the Yotes.Agree. When their coach breaks down over a regular season win, not a good sign....

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk

TAILG8R
10-16-2023, 10:07 PM
Agree. When their coach breaks down over a regular season win, not a good sign....

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk

Bubbles might have just earned himself a statue this past Saturday.

garbageman
10-16-2023, 11:35 PM

Hopefully its made of concrete. If made of metal it will rust from all the crying he was do after the game������

daddy daycare
10-17-2023, 12:13 AM

Lifetime contract would be fine by me.