EndZoneQB
09-30-2023, 10:09 PM
I considered making this thread lol

reformedUNDfan
09-30-2023, 10:10 PM
Then you can all bitch about Vigen running the ball too much

Bison4peat
09-30-2023, 10:14 PM
Yes, more qb iso,draw,toss,double qb toss run. All day.

KSBisonFan
09-30-2023, 10:15 PM
Old is new again..

Hi, Brent. You registered your screen name in 2013 and then waited 10 years to post this thread. That's how you set up a play.

Maybe you were looking at the sideline waiting for the go ahead to post this.

I take back what I said about your playcalling.

SoCalBison
09-30-2023, 10:34 PM
Hi, Brent. You registered your screen name in 2013 and then waited 10 years to post this thread. That's how you set up a play.

Love this. Bisonville at it's best.

El_Chapo
09-30-2023, 10:42 PM

I think it's Molly..

Goldstar
09-30-2023, 10:50 PM

Long game….

OrygunBison
09-30-2023, 10:53 PM
I'd love it in the offseason if ME and TR were fired and then they talk Vigen into being HC and to bring Messingham over as OC. Maybe just demote ME back to DC because he was kinda good there...Peter Principle and all as someone else pointed out in the game thread.

EndZoneQB
09-30-2023, 11:00 PM
I'd love it in the offseason if ME and TR were fired and then they talk Vigen into being HC and to bring Messingham over as OC. Maybe just demote ME back to DC because he was kinda good there...Peter Principle and all as someone else pointed out in the game thread.

I think Entz was good at DC because we had a legit all-time DC as our HC. How much control did Entz have? We KNOW Klieman is the real deal...and knew this when he was DC. What has Entz done?

bisonaudit
09-30-2023, 11:04 PM
I think Entz was good at DC because we had a legit all-time DC as our HC. How much control did Entz have? We KNOW Klieman is the real deal...and knew this when he was DC. What has Entz done?

The Peter Principle thing makes more sense to me than Klieman doing two full time jobs and no one noticing to the point that they hired the guy who wasn’t doing his coordinator job to be the head coach.

EndZoneQB
09-30-2023, 11:12 PM
The Peter Principle thing makes more sense to me than Klieman doing two full time jobs and no one noticing to the point that they hired the guy who wasn’t doing his coordinator job to be the head coach.

Touche, that makes sense. I also wasn't implying he wasn't doing his job, but that maybe he wasn't necessarily calling the games without Klieman's oversight. But maybe it's sort of related to the Peter Principle, his leader was great and elevated those around him, which allowed him to rise above his level.

OrygunBison
09-30-2023, 11:18 PM
Touche, that makes sense. I also wasn't implying he wasn't doing his job, but that maybe he wasn't necessarily calling the games without Klieman's oversight. But maybe it's sort of related to the Peter Principle, his leader was great and elevated those around him, which allowed him to rise above his level.

Regardless, he was a better DC than HC, right?

56BISON73
09-30-2023, 11:25 PM

Klieman was quoted " There are times when I need to step back and let the assistant coaches coach. But there will be times when I see something that I wont hesitate in letting them know." (para phrased}

gavin2126
09-30-2023, 11:28 PM
Did no one here watch Montana State in Brookings a few weeks ago run QB Chambers into a brick wall play after play after play after play?

Bison4peat
09-30-2023, 11:35 PM
Klieman was quoted " There are times when I need to step back and let the assistant coaches coach. But there will be times when I see something that I wont hesitate in letting them know." (para phrased}

Entz "There are times when I don't know what to do so I talk to my buddy TR and we hammer the qb draw"

Son of a Bison
10-01-2023, 03:18 AM
Hope this isn’t true but can’t prove it wrong. I remember defenses being young at the beginning of the season but still good. By the playoff bye week the defense was legit but got better every week especially over winter camp. I have not seen the week to week improvement recently. Bit concerned.

EndZoneQB
10-01-2023, 04:33 AM
Regardless, he was a better DC than HC, right?

That doesn't make the point you think it makes.

Pretty easy to read between the lines there, no?

Did no one here watch Montana State in Brookings a few weeks ago run QB Chambers into a brick wall play after play after play after play?

You can do that when you have a dominant defense, which we do *not* have. It's not even good, it's actually pretty bad.

Hope this isn’t true but can’t prove it wrong. I remember defenses being young at the beginning of the season but still good. By the playoff bye week the defense was legit but got better every week especially over winter camp. I have not seen the week to week improvement recently. Bit concerned.

Like McFeely pointed out, the great teams we've had did stub their toes once in awhile, but this just feels different...much like the loss in Frisco last year. I don't think there was a single positive thing to take away from this game. This certainly doesn't have the feel of a team that will peak in November.

WYOBISONMAN
10-01-2023, 11:39 AM
I was definitely pro fire Vigen. He seems to have grown into the job at Montana State.

taper
10-01-2023, 04:45 PM
Getting Vigen to move might be tough. His base salary is $210k but bonuses can push that close to $500k. Entz has a $300k base but bonuses top out at $420k. Pretty sure that money goes further in Bozeman too. Buying out Entz's contract to sign an even higher one isn't a good look right now. I think he has 2 years left. Might be better to wait for that and replace a coordinator instead. See if that lights a fire.

BiZon22
10-01-2023, 04:48 PM
Getting Vigen to move might be tough. His base salary is $210k but bonuses can push that close to $500k. Entz has a $300k base but bonuses top out at $420k. Pretty sure that money goes further in Bozeman too. Buying out Entz's contract to sign an even higher one isn't a good look right now. I think he has 2 years left. Might be better to wait for that and replace a coordinator instead. See if that lights a fire.

Have you ever been to Bozeman?? 3bd 2 bath house 2000 square feet can run close to 3/4 million fucking dollars. Bozemans average home price is almost double Fargo

GreenfieldBison
10-01-2023, 05:59 PM
That doesn't make the point you think it makes.

Pretty easy to read between the lines there, no?

You can do that when you have a dominant defense, which we do *not* have. It's not even good, it's actually pretty bad.

Like McFeely pointed out, the great teams we've had did stub their toes once in awhile, but this just feels different...much like the loss in Frisco last year. I don't think there was a single positive thing to take away from this game. This certainly doesn't have the feel of a team that will peak in November.
There was a positive - Crosa. Just stands and delivers

WYOBISONMAN
10-01-2023, 11:05 PM
Have you ever been to Bozeman?? 3bd 2 bath house 2000 square feet can run close to 3/4 million fucking dollars. Bozemans average home price is almost double Fargo

The truth.

1998braves64
10-01-2023, 11:06 PM
Getting Vigen to move might be tough. His base salary is $210k but bonuses can push that close to $500k. Entz has a $300k base but bonuses top out at $420k. Pretty sure that money goes further in Bozeman too. Buying out Entz's contract to sign an even higher one isn't a good look right now. I think he has 2 years left. Might be better to wait for that and replace a coordinator instead. See if that lights a fire.Bozeman is not cheap all the rich Californians are moving there. Western Montana is the trendy spot now. Pretty sure Fargo is much cheaper. Also have the benefit of being much closer to home (Buxton, ND).

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

ByeSonBusiness
10-01-2023, 11:11 PM

I'm a big believer in the Peter Principle. I have posted about Entz being a good example. Although that may not be fair. Once you consider who his predecessors were, its tough to expect that type of performance with the next hire.

GreenfieldBison
10-01-2023, 11:15 PM
What is the exchange rate for “fucking dollars” to USD? I can’t find it on my FX feed…

scottietohottie
10-01-2023, 11:45 PM
What is the exchange rate for “fucking dollars” to USD? I can’t find it on my FX feed…

A sheep stuck in a fence, pants tucked into boots, and a cowboy hat eh

Bisonator98
10-02-2023, 12:43 AM
I think Roehl would be a better HC then he is OC. Vigen's shown it's possible.

GreenfieldBison
10-02-2023, 12:52 AM
I think Roehl would be a better HC than he is OC. Vigen's shown it's possible.
This is a very serious and genuine question. Can you please expand on this? What attributes do you think make him better in one position than the other?

Thanks in advance.

GreenfieldBison
10-02-2023, 12:54 AM
A sheep stuck in a fence, pants tucked into boots, and a cowboy hat eh
I cannot play at your level Scottie. I yield.

Bisonator98
10-02-2023, 12:58 AM
This is a very serious and genuine question. Can you please expand on this? What attributes do you think make him better in one position than the other?

Thanks in advance.

He's a good recruiter. He has a ton of energy and fire. He bleeds green and gold. His players that he's coached genuinely seem to want to run thru a wall for him. He just can't call plays consistently well from game to game to safe his life!

reformedUNDfan
10-02-2023, 01:27 AM

Vigen was a good OC when he had more than 2 healthy receivers. He killed it in 2013

NDSUstudent
10-02-2023, 02:04 AM

Depends on if he wants to call plays or be a CEO type coach. If he wants to call plays he would be even worse as HC.

heffray
10-02-2023, 02:15 AM
Depends on if he wants to call plays or be a CEO type coach. If he wants to call plays he would be even worse as HC.

Doesn’t seem to be the role of HC at NDSU…

NDSUstudent
10-02-2023, 02:51 AM
Doesn’t seem to be the role of HC at NDSU…

Been a long time since we had a HC with a background on the offensive side of the football.

BISONBRI53
10-02-2023, 01:07 PM

Was he? Or was CK the puppet master...

BISONBRI53
10-02-2023, 01:15 PM

HOW? An OC should be the guy or one of the guys being groomed to be a HC. This guy cant make an adjustment to save his nuts! That's just the offense! Now he'd have a whole team to be in charge of? Just because he is an Idol in Fargo and NDSU and the big diesel ran wild and talks with intensity through his teeth does not mean he is a good coach. RB/TE, OC, HC... Not ragging on you but I have seen this a bunch over the last few years....

Bisonator98
10-02-2023, 01:23 PM
HOW? An OC should be the guy or one of the guys being groomed to be a HC. This guy cant make an adjustment to save his nuts! That's just the offense! Now he'd have a whole team to be in charge of? Just because he is an Idol in Fargo and NDSU and the big diesel ran wild and talks with intensity through his teeth does not mean he is a good coach. RB/TE, OC, HC... Not ragging on you but I have seen this a bunch over the last few years....

My idea of a HC is the CEO type. Put good people in positions like OC and DC and let them run those units. Step in when you need to during practices but delegate on game days. Concentrate on managing the game and clock as well as major decisions to go for it etc. Vigen struggled a lot as an OC here in his early years much like Roehl.

BISONBRI53
10-02-2023, 01:31 PM
My idea of a HC is the CEO type. Put good people in positions like OC and DC and let them run those units. Step in when you need to during practices but delegate on game days. Concentrate on managing the game and clock as well as major decisions to go for it etc. Vigen struggled a lot as an OC here in his early years much like Roehl.

Vigs also was able to learn under a true CEO coach in Bohl. ME is FAAAAAAAR from that and TR has no one to learn that roehl from. (see what i did there?)

yopaulie
10-02-2023, 02:22 PM
I still can't get over how Roehl's offense is dominated by QB read option after being such a great RB in a much different and very successful system.

EndZoneQB
10-02-2023, 06:28 PM
I still can't get over how Roehl's offense is dominated by QB read option after being such a great RB in a much different and very successful system.

This is the part that makes zero sense to me. Especially the offense looking to the sideline for the call? I have asked this in a few threads...where the hell did he learn this shit? It certainly was NOT here. Is this his uncreative self thinking he is being innovative?

Vigen was a good OC when he had more than 2 healthy receivers. He killed it in 2013

He learned, but he also had dominant defenses that shielded him that Roehl needs to learn he can't rely on. By all accounts, Vigen was solid at Wyoming too.

Was he? Or was CK the puppet master...

This is what I want to know too. We know CK is a badass, is there anything we can point to and say oh yeah, ME is definitely responsible for xyz dominant performance?