PDA

View Full Version : 2024 Verbal: TE/DE Wyatt Osterbauer

tolnabison
09-19-2023, 02:59 PM
NDSU picks up a verbal commit from DE/TE, Wyatt Osterbauer from Buffalo, MN. He is listed at 6-3 215lbs.

Offer list - FCS: South Dakota, St. Thomas

https://x.com/WOsterbauer/status/1704119535823925440?s=20

https://247sports.com/player/wyatt-osterbauer-46133878/

El_Chapo
09-19-2023, 03:32 PM
#32 in Minnesota, He goes from Buffalo Bison to NDSU Bison.

23Bison
09-19-2023, 06:21 PM
Welcome to the program Wyatt!

tony
09-20-2023, 07:22 PM
I was watching his highlight videos and thinking he looked small but strong - kind of reminded me of Joe Toth. Then I realized I was watching his sophomore highlights.

bruinbison
09-21-2023, 01:03 AM
Welcome!

Wyatt Osterbauer lists on Twitter that he is 6’ 4” 225.
Kind of physically resembling a certain Bison Safety imo…
Rated a two star by 247, 77 grade & ranked the 32nd best prospect in Minnesota.
It is a deep year for prospects in Minnesota this year - already 10 of the players ranked above Osterbauer have committed to P5 schools, 5 more to FBS schools, 2 more to Ivy League schools and 4 chose NDSU.
Eric Peterson breaks a little news in the Osterbauer commitment article:

https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/ongoing-list-of-bison-football-commits-for-2024-recruiting-class-including-in-state-prospect

BISONBRI53
09-21-2023, 01:51 PM
Gabe! Can we get your take on this kid?

bruinbison
09-23-2023, 02:39 PM
Buffalo with the win, 33-18 over Eastview, now 3-1 on season.
Wyatt Osterbauer with quite the defensive highlight from his Edge/LB position

Robert LaPlante
@laplante71

Has to be in running for @kare11
Hot Highlights next week, no?
Bison’s Osterbauer 104-yard pick-six for the future NDSU Bison.
@rshaver11

https://twitter.com/NSPNminnesota/status/1705411245770182999

bruinbison
11-02-2023, 12:30 AM
Wyatt Osterbauer(2024)
@WOsterbauer

I am very excited to announce I have been selected to play in this year’s Minnesota high school football all star game!
@Vikings @GoBisonFootball

Jay
12-13-2023, 12:11 AM
Offered by KState

https://x.com/wosterbauer/status/1734740588107350042?s=46&t=0pMmpwTosVheWFV40S7MeQ

EndZoneQB
12-13-2023, 12:12 AM
Blood is in the water...

garbageman
12-13-2023, 12:12 AM
Fuck Klieman

TAILG8R
12-13-2023, 12:17 AM
Blood is in the water...

Yep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtoutfitter
12-13-2023, 12:39 AM
Sucks, but tells me one thing. He was gonna come here as walkon but now gets a scholly offer from a big 12? Coaches must be doing something right.

EndZoneQB
12-13-2023, 12:48 AM
Sucks, but tells me one thing. He was gonna come here as walkon but now gets a scholly offer from a big 12? Coaches must be doing something right.

I was just thinking that. It seems to suggest that we are on solid kids if we are bumping up against KSU this much. Klieman's reputation is essentially validating our staff's in real time. Also tells you how good our teams have been if Klieman is successful while recruiting similar guys that he would have at NDSU.

23Bison
12-13-2023, 01:12 AM
Awesome…..

BigHorns
12-13-2023, 01:20 AM

We're clearly targeting the right guys, but hate Klieman picking our pockets.

CaBisonFan
12-13-2023, 01:37 AM
We're clearly targeting the right guys, but hate Klieman picking our pockets.Klieman is a poacher. Not impressed with him anymore.

CAS4127
12-13-2023, 01:41 AM
Klieman is a poacher. Not impressed with him anymore.

Klieman is maneuvering the portal and NIL. Can’t fault him for that, and we need to do the same. Go find some decent commits to other FCS or G5s. The new normal for college football. Kinda sucks, but what do you do?

56BISON73
12-13-2023, 01:46 AM

So if it had been Michigan you would be good???? Good players are going to have multiple offers. He just happened to take KSUs.

EndZoneQB
12-13-2023, 01:46 AM

Stop with this shit, it's dumb. He is doing what is best for KSU, not what is bad for NDSU. He is not offering these players because it will hurt NDSU, he is offering these players so he can beat the opponent. Why do you think a P4 head coach would risk his career to take a few of our players? Get real.

BigHorns
12-13-2023, 02:52 AM
So if it had been Michigan you would be good???? Good players are going to have multiple offers. He just happened to take KSUs.

Would feel a little different about this if it was a kid already in the portal or uncommitted.

Going after committed recruits in our incoming class just feels like he's cheating on his homework.
He can look over our list and go shopping.

56BISON73
12-13-2023, 03:04 AM
Would feel a little different about this if it was a kid already in the portal or uncommitted.

Going after committed recruits in our incoming class just feels like he's cheating on his homework.
He can look over our list and go shopping.

He can do that with any FBS or FCS team. Plus players are pretty free telling other teams who are recruiting them. Do you really think a FBS team is going to rely on a FCS team for recruiting tips????? This is really a nothing burger.

HerdBot
12-13-2023, 11:04 AM
Klieman is maneuvering the portal and NIL. Can’t fault him for that, and we need to do the same. Go find some decent commits to other FCS or G5s. The new normal for college football. Kinda sucks, but what do you do?

Yep. Something Entz has not done a good job with over the last 5 years. Find a stud recruit. At the last minute Klieman, Iowa or Wisconsin swoops in and our plan B sucks. Might have to take an occasional risk

heckler
12-13-2023, 12:31 PM

Klieman poached from day 1. I don't know how this changes anything lol.

scottietohottie
12-13-2023, 01:00 PM
Klieman poached from day 1. I don't know how this changes anything lol.

Hank Jacobs is a bad bad influence eh.

heckler
12-13-2023, 02:02 PM
Hank Jacobs is a bad bad influence eh.

Forgot about that dude lol. what an ass hat.

HerdBot
12-13-2023, 02:47 PM

We once poached 50% of Mankatos D-line and they were a reason we won it all in 2021

tolnabison
12-13-2023, 03:00 PM
I posted this in a different thread. Kansas St had 15 kids enter the portal. They got a lot of extra money and scholarships to fill.

Also, I think it tells me that we are recruiting the right kids.

Final thought. People complained that Entz had his success with Klieman's recruits. Now, Klieman is poaching Entz recruits. What gives?

mtoutfitter
12-13-2023, 03:01 PM
We once poached 50% of Mankatos D-line and they were a reason we won it all in 2021

Good point. Brayden Thomas and "The Mud Turtle"

El_Chapo
12-13-2023, 03:26 PM

i talked with Todd Hofner Mankato State coach at NDSU USD he was there watching NDSU because he "loves ndsu's program" so much. pretty cool

also makes you wonder was Todd Hofner there to interview for NDSU job???

thunderingherd
12-13-2023, 03:31 PM

Absolutely true. Play the game and raid some fcs/G5’s if you gotta.

NDSU_grad
12-13-2023, 04:00 PM
Absolutely true. Play the game and raid some fcs/G5’s if you gotta.
Heard a comment on a college football show that the blue bloods might not even recruit freshmen anymore. I think the commentator was only half-joking.

BigHorns
12-13-2023, 06:54 PM
Heard a comment on a college football show that the blue bloods might not even recruit freshmen anymore. I think the commentator was only half-joking.

Makes sense, everyone else is becoming their farm system.
How many kids go straight to the majors in baseball?

We may be able to compete for low G5, FCS, and D2 players.
Also may get a year or two of production from high school kids before they get "called up"

The bluebloods are looking everywhere now, some G5s with talent are getting stripped of all their starters.
There are FBS schools with 25+ in the portal. Nobody can compete with the P4 money wise.

2011BisonAlumni
12-13-2023, 07:18 PM
Makes sense, everyone else is becoming their farm system.
How many kids go straight to the majors in baseball?

We may be able to compete for low G5, FCS, and D2 players.
Also may get a year or two of production from high school kids before they get "called up"

The bluebloods are looking everywhere now, some G5s with talent are getting stripped of all their starters.
There are FBS schools with 25+ in the portal. Nobody can compete with the P4 money wise.

Call up K State, form an alliance, and have NDSU be the official farm team of the wildcats.

tony
12-13-2023, 07:19 PM

It seems like the G5 is in a worse spot than the FCS right now.

It'll probably calm down a bit in a couple years though. Right now, it's just redistributing money from guys with too much of it to young folks - and I'm all for that.

GFBison
12-14-2023, 03:22 AM
Hoffner was the USD OC at one time.

Bisonator98
12-14-2023, 11:59 AM
Call up K State, form an alliance, and have NDSU be the official farm team of the wildcats.

Fuck that, lets get to FBS and overtake those chumps!

Mr. Burgundy
12-14-2023, 02:14 PM
if all of the stuff going on doesn't make you want to go FBS immediately, then I don't know what to tell you. Plus, the schools that have recently made the move have had success. There is money. I am just bored with all of the excuses. Get it done. Go public. Stand on the mountain saying we are ready to move. Beg.

Jay
12-14-2023, 02:15 PM
if all of the stuff going on doesn't make you want to go FBS immediately, then I don't know what to tell you. Plus, the schools that have recently made the move have had success. There is money. I am just bored with all of the excuses. Get it done. Go public. Stand on the mountain saying we are ready to move. Beg.

My patience is gone with Larsen - over everything. He is a major roadblock today and down the road.

heckler
12-14-2023, 03:28 PM
My patience is gone with Larsen - over everything. He is a major roadblock today and down the road.

I hope he leaves soon.... like now... right now...

TNbison
12-14-2023, 03:36 PM

The downside I do see right now is the G5 is getting poached just as bad as we are. I'm not sure the move changes any of that

ndsubison1
12-14-2023, 03:38 PM

Does Larsen have the cajones to make such a move?

HerdistheWord
12-14-2023, 03:57 PM

Honestly, if you aren’t B1G or SEC, then going FBS is probably worse than FCS. You get to watch your guys play meaningless regular season games just to then watch a meaningless bowl game played by backups after all of your prime talent transfers or declares for the draft.

If they want to maintain talent across FBS, then there needs to be a regulated payment system for players and incentives for playing in bowl games with a more objective system for ranking teams.

MyOhMy
12-14-2023, 04:31 PM
Honestly, if you aren’t B1G or SEC, then going FBS is probably worse than FCS. You get to watch your guys play meaningless regular season games just to then watch a meaningless bowl game played by backups after all of your prime talent transfers or declares for the draft.

If they want to maintain talent across FBS, then there needs to be a regulated payment system for players and incentives for playing in bowl games with a more objective system for ranking teams.

This is a good point, in the age of NIL why should the school get $5 million or whatever to play in the Jimmie's Chicken Shack Bowl and the players get nothing? The biggest crime though is how much the Bowl executives and "ambassadors" get paid for setting up and promoting 1 game a year.

steelbison
12-14-2023, 04:43 PM

Agree 100 percent!

23Bison
12-19-2023, 02:45 AM
Is back!
https://x.com/wosterbauer/status/1736952360562303189?s=46&t=s-4DzaDLOjmY8sA05kFYsQ

EndZoneQB
12-19-2023, 03:05 AM
To be fair, I don't think it was actually reported that he decommitted, I think that was a collective assumption based on the KSU offer.

So right now, we only lost Ryan Boe and Maxwell Woods from our class. They hurt, but if that's all we lose from this class(I'm sure there will be surprises on Wednesday), I'm going to be pretty happy.

23Bison
12-19-2023, 03:14 AM
Good point. Thought he was a goner.

AKBison
12-19-2023, 03:29 AM
This is a giant first step. Congrats to Polasek for retaining him. Hopefully Wyatt is working Social Media helping to save the class similar to what Easton Stick did.

EndZoneQB
12-19-2023, 03:31 AM
This is a giant first step. Congrats to Polasek for retaining him. Hopefully Wyatt is working Social Media helping to save the class similar to what Easton Stick did.

There is clearly a collective effort to announce intent right now, so someone is already doing something.

NDSU92
12-19-2023, 03:35 AM
Let’s fucking go, great news.

BigHorns
12-19-2023, 05:53 AM
Nice to see a recruiting W, let's hope the tide has turned.

bruinbison
12-19-2023, 10:35 AM
To be fair, I don't think it was actually reported that he decommitted, I think that was a collective assumption based on the KSU offer.

So right now, we only lost Ryan Boe and Maxwell Woods from our class. They hurt, but if that's all we lose from this class(I'm sure there will be surprises on Wednesday), I'm going to be pretty happy.

I believe the KState offer was as a PWO, so was hoping for the best.
Some of the PWO’s are getting NIL money - Iowa comes to mind - so am happy to see a commit from Osterbauer. Will be interesting to see if NDSU lists him as a DE, or a TE? Is he that fast-twitch pass rusher, or a good downfield receiving threat as a TE? Or both? (Of course, his position can always change later depending on the coach decision)

DT Kian Payne (6’ 4” 255) and ATH/DB/QB Kyler Gerardy are two other commits who flipped.
Both, I believe, were also PWO offers. Gerardy could have been that fast safety, possibly a CB. Payne was that prototype DT Bisonville is always looking for, someone who could potentially stuff the run but also generate a pass rush. I can’t think of anyone like him in the recruiting class, so that one hurts. Vanderpool gives NDSU that taller prototype DE - 6’ 4” - 6’ 5”, so he is unique in that respect. Am hoping Osterbauer really is 6’ 4”, but am expecting to see 6’ 3” on the signing day measurements.

steelbison
12-19-2023, 09:11 PM
Great news!