PDA

View Full Version : 2023 MVFC Season

KSBisonFan
09-01-2023, 02:16 PM
Valley teams went 2-2 last night. ISU-B looked embarrassingly bad in their loss to Eastern Illinois. Not much to take away from the other 3 games, which weren't close or against similar competition.

Misery State visits KU tonight.

TAILG8R
09-01-2023, 02:42 PM
Valley teams went 2-2 last night. ISU-B looked embarrassingly bad in their loss to Eastern Illinois. Not much to take away from the other 3 games, which weren't close or against similar competition.

Misery State visits KU tonight.

Thanks for starting the 2023 thread KSBisonFan!

I watched a couple minutes of ISU Blue and they were looking good for about 2 minutes driving to go ahead late in the 2nd qtr and their WR fumbled and then apparently all 4 wheels fell off. Funny how that one drive had me thinking maybe they were better this year and then to see the final and some of the play by play, woof.

KSBisonFan
09-01-2023, 03:52 PM
Thanks for starting the 2023 thread KSBisonFan!

I watched a couple minutes of ISU Blue and they were looking good for about 2 minutes driving to go ahead late in the 2nd qtr and their WR fumbled and then apparently all 4 wheels fell off. Funny how that one drive had me thinking maybe they were better this year and then to see the final and some of the play by play, woof.

I stopped watching at half after the 2nd pick six.

Sort of conference related......., Omar Brown, former NDSU recruit, former UNI DB, and Minneapolis native, was a standout for Nebraska last night.

bruinbison
09-02-2023, 01:01 AM
Missouri State with a 10-6 lead over Kansas in 2nd quarter

bruinbison
09-02-2023, 02:07 AM
Kansas up 24-10 in 3rd quarter

bruinbison
09-05-2023, 02:06 AM
Jackrabbits alert: next up #1 Jacks host #3 ‘Cats

Sep 9 (Sat) 6 p.m. Midco Sports | ESPN+ Jackrabbit Sports Network
vs Montana State

BEEF BOWL
Brookings, S.D.

The ‘Cats couldn’t handle the Jackrabbits physicality on the lines when they were in Brookings for the semifinal Ice Bowl.
Can MSU do better on the lines in normal September weather?
Is there still a big gap between SDSU & MSU?
I believe the game is a sellout also.
No Jackrabbit fatigue yet :bunnyb:

……although those November games seem to be a bit slower to sell out…

TAILG8R
09-05-2023, 06:29 PM
Jackrabbits alert: next up #1 Jacks host #3 ‘Cats

Sep 9 (Sat) 6 p.m. Midco Sports | ESPN+ Jackrabbit Sports Network
vs Montana State

BEEF BOWL
Brookings, S.D.

The ‘Cats couldn’t handle the Jackrabbits physicality on the lines when they were in Brookings for the semifinal Ice Bowl.
Can MSU do better on the lines in normal September weather?
Is there still a big gap between SDSU & MSU?
I believe the game is a sellout also.
No Jackrabbit fatigue yet :bunnyb:

……although those November games seem to be a bit slower to sell out…

Serious question, have they ever had more than 50% attendance for a Nov game?

Once, against NDSU first week of Nov 2 years ago. Otherwise I don't see a game with more than 50%.

bruinbison
09-06-2023, 02:49 AM
MVFC week in review

https://www.siouxfallslive.com/sports/around-the-valley-week-one-uneventful-but-sdsu-montana-state-highlights-intriuging-second-week

KSBisonFan
09-07-2023, 11:43 PM
Murray State opens the week against Louisville on ACCN now if anyone wants to watch a beat down.

28-0 at halftime.

southcliffbison
09-08-2023, 02:40 PM
I stopped watching at half after the 2nd pick six.

Sort of conference related......., Omar Brown, former NDSU recruit, former UNI DB, and Minneapolis native, was a standout for Nebraska last night.

Another former NDSU recruit, Nash Hutmacher , from Chamberlain, SD, is the starting nose guard for the Huskers. Big dude, 6'4" 330 lbs. played very well.

mtoutfitter
09-09-2023, 05:31 PM
Another former NDSU recruit, Nash Hutmacher , from Chamberlain, SD, is the starting nose guard for the Huskers. Big dude, 6'4" 330 lbs. played very well.

How can your post or the one you replied to be correct? We're always told that the Bison don't offer the right players? On a side note, Youngstown was in the game for a bit today.

KSBisonFan
09-09-2023, 11:48 PM
I'll be watching SDSU's scheme for defending Tommy Mellot and Sean Chambers on the QB run.

So far, advantage MSU. Up 10-0.

El_Chapo
09-10-2023, 12:08 AM
I'll be watching SDSU's scheme for defending Tommy Mellot and Sean Chambers on the QB run.

So far, advantage MSU. Up 10-0.

Go Boobcats

bruinbison
09-10-2023, 12:15 AM
Southern Illinois takes down Northern Illinois 14-11
This really improves their playoff chances.
They already beat Austin Peay in week one,
so could come into Fargo November 11th with a really good record.

CoachFSCB
09-10-2023, 12:17 AM
Bobcats are shutting out the Bunnies 10-0 at halftime in Brookings. Jacks are lacking Stig and his Joose big time.

KSBisonFan
09-10-2023, 12:21 AM
Bobcats passed 6 times in the first half. They ran it 26 times for 118 yards. Leaning heavy on the Jack's D.

TAILG8R
09-10-2023, 12:39 AM
Bobcats passed 6 times in the first half. They ran it 26 times for 118 yards. Leaning heavy on the Jack's D.

Just wait until we run Cam 25 times on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtoutfitter
09-10-2023, 01:03 AM
Just wait until we run Cam 25 times on them.

Bobcat QBs with 21 rushes so far.

TAILG8R
09-10-2023, 01:08 AM
Bobcat QBs with 21 rushes so far.

I’m at the point where if we are going to have this as our bread and butter offense then put in the 230lb speedster. Why even bother running Cam up the asses of our Oline??

JohnnyExtacy
09-10-2023, 01:15 AM
I’m at the point where if we are going to have this as our bread and butter offense then put in the 230lb speedster. Why even bother running Cam up the asses of our Oline??

Cole Payton isn't anywhere close to msus qbs as a runner, or qb

Bisonator98
09-10-2023, 01:15 AM
Bunny turds woke up at halftime. QB run game only gets you so far against a good team.

TAILG8R
09-10-2023, 01:17 AM

As a runner I’d put him up against anyone in the FCS from the small sample size we’ve seen.

I have no idea how good Montana State QBs are actually being QBs cause I haven’t watched them but I also haven’t heard anything about him so I’m not so sure how great they can be.

Bisonator98
09-10-2023, 01:27 AM
JFC this is like watching our offense against the jacks:sigpalm:

QB run up the gut from the 2 three times:facepalm:

KSBisonFan
09-10-2023, 01:31 AM
JFC this is like watching our offense against the jacks:sigpalm:

QB run up the gut from the 2 three times:facepalm:

Vigen to all the Roehl critics, "Hold my beer."

BigLakeBison
09-10-2023, 01:31 AM

I know this isn’t PC but you’re a retard!

HerdBot
09-10-2023, 01:32 AM
Bunny turds woke up at halftime. QB run game only gets you so far against a good team.

Yep. Montana State 1st and goal at the 1 and 3 straight QB runs / read option nets then a field goal. Soft pussy football. Put the QB under center with a FB and RB. You can do a sneak, a dive play, or use the FB as a blocker. Soft girly football

Gully
09-10-2023, 01:40 AM
What happened to TD Tommy?

KSBisonFan
09-10-2023, 01:42 AM

Out with an ankle injury.

Chambers is no threat to pass and they are still running on the Jacks. 90% QB run, of course.

KSBisonFan
09-10-2023, 01:46 AM
If MSU pulls this out (they're inside the bunny 10 yard line), I'm guessing they move to #1?

Gully
09-10-2023, 01:49 AM
Boy, MSU is sure trying to give this away with false starts and not being able to score from first and goal inside the 5.

Big Bird
09-10-2023, 01:52 AM
Gronowski with a dime and then horrible tacking on the next play and SDSU now leads

KSBisonFan
09-10-2023, 01:53 AM
If MSU pulls this out (they're inside the bunny 10 yard line), I'm guessing they move to #1?

Nevermind. Bobcats pissing down their leg.

Big Bird
09-10-2023, 02:02 AM
A review to decide it.

Montana St with a 25 yard TD but was he in???

Gully
09-10-2023, 02:02 AM
Jacks gonna pull it out. Too bad they didn't let the QB throw until the last drive. MSU should have won.

KSBisonFan
09-10-2023, 02:03 AM
A review to decide it.

Montana St with a 25 yard TD but was he in???

I think he was out.

Big Bird
09-10-2023, 02:03 AM
This is actually close, because pellets are flying as he's catching it from dragging his foot but the pellets stop right as it gets to his hands.

Call on the field was TD

Big Bird
09-10-2023, 02:04 AM
Wow, pass incomplete, but they add 1 second to the clock

Gully
09-10-2023, 02:04 AM
That's a BS call...an emotional time, gotta let that go.

Gully
09-10-2023, 02:05 AM
Why don't they ever show Vigen?

Big Bird
09-10-2023, 02:05 AM
And Vigen gets a 15 yard penalty, so final play is back around the 40

Big Bird
09-10-2023, 02:07 AM
Jacks survive.

Gronowski came up with a perfect pass late

El_Chapo
09-10-2023, 02:14 AM
Vigen didn't get the penalty..

msu beat themselves multiple times. sdsu is average

bruinbison
09-10-2023, 01:09 PM
Interesting view of the ‘Cat TD that was overturned,
resulting in the Jackrabbits escaping with the victory

https://twitter.com/samchalmers5/status/1700708402211528792?s=20

The camera angle shown on tv was from the other side of the end zone where it looked like the WR’s left foot had lifted off the ground

heffray
09-10-2023, 01:50 PM
Interesting view of the ‘Cat TD that was overturned,
resulting in the Jackrabbits escaping with the victory

https://twitter.com/samchalmers5/status/1700708402211528792?s=20

The camera angle shown on tv was from the other side of the end zone where it looked like the WR’s left foot had lifted off the ground

Yep I thought the call should have stood, not enough to overturn the TD called on the field but those fucks get a gift and survive.

Heffy’s salty this morning. Apologies.

KSBisonFan
09-10-2023, 05:36 PM
Yep I thought the call should have stood, not enough to overturn the TD called on the field but those fucks get a gift and survive.

Heffy’s salty this morning. Apologies.

You usually have a response for things related to the bunnies, especially when you're salty........

B.Schlossman Fan Club
09-10-2023, 06:14 PM

Doesn’t have the calves like Miller and Peyton

heffray
09-10-2023, 07:35 PM
You usually have a response for things related to the bunnies, especially when you're salty........

Damnit you know me so well. Too well, maybe?

The_Sicatoka
09-11-2023, 06:31 PM
On the late MSU not-TD the QB was a yard past the line of scrimmage when he threw ... and the officials missed it.

TAILG8R
09-11-2023, 08:43 PM
On the late MSU not-TD the QB was a yard past the line of scrimmage when he threw ... and the officials missed it.

Any idea where this can be seen?

Also I didn't think the rabbits could find uglier uniforms but boy did they outdo themselves with those fugly "all blacks" things. We're talking UND bad.

TAILG8R
09-11-2023, 08:53 PM
https://youtu.be/2h4BqY5TPys?si=SO76HiL7FlQL0djj&t=1286

QB was legit a yard+ past the line, not sure if that is reviewable but from that video above it seems pretty clear to me the WR was out. I would say the refs got it right by overturning the TD call.

Also, Jacks suck and almost lost to Montana St LOLOL

EC8CH
09-11-2023, 08:58 PM

Meh... close enough for a no call. Receiver was obviously out which they corrected on replay. Ridiculous SDSU was even in that spot, they shot themselves in the foot so many times and MSU just couldn't close the deal.

IndyBison
09-11-2023, 10:32 PM
On the late MSU not-TD the QB was a yard past the line of scrimmage when he threw ... and the officials missed it.Do you know the actual rule? Most fans commenting obviously don't.

The neutral zone is the distance from the offensive line of scrimmage to the defensive line of scrimmage (who knew there were 2?). The rule states in order for the passer to commit a foul here he has to have his entire body completely beyond the neutral zone. The ball was snapped at the B24. When he starts his motion, you can clearly see his back foot is still on the other side of the B24. As he throws, he lifts his foot, and it MAY be beyond the back of the B24 (and thus the neutral zone), but it's close. This is one of those they want it to be obviously beyond in order to flag it. You could argue the foot is slightly beyond, and this could be a foul. But it's far from an obvious error. I would grade this a good no call. If it was called, it would probably be graded marginal or too technical.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Gully
09-11-2023, 10:57 PM
Do you know the actual rule? Most fans commenting obviously don't.

The neutral zone is the distance from the offensive line of scrimmage to the defensive line of scrimmage (who knew there were 2?). The rule states in order for the passer to commit a foul here he has to have his entire body completely beyond the neutral zone. The ball was snapped at the B24. When he starts his motion, you can clearly see his back foot is still on the other side of the B24. As he throws, he lifts his foot, and it MAY be beyond the back of the B24 (and thus the neutral zone), but it's close. This is one of those they want it to be obviously beyond in order to flag it. You could argue the foot is slightly beyond, and this could be a foul. But it's far from an obvious error. I would grade this a good no call. If it was called, it would probably be graded marginal or too technical.

Beat me to it. I actually knew this rule but was surprised how many people didn't. As for the catch, it was incredibly close and I could see it going either way.

The only thing that surprised me was the overturn. It didn't seem clear to me, in which case they generally go with the call on the field. Maybe they had another angle I didn't see though.

Great game. MSU has to be kicking themselves. They had plenty of chances to win it.

TAILG8R
09-12-2023, 12:05 AM
Do you know the actual rule? Most fans commenting obviously don't.

I rewatched it because the first time through I was sure his entire body was past the 24. After watching again you’re right it’s very close. His back foot starts on the offensive side of the 24 as he winds up and then lifts up and forward past the 24 as he throws.

Hard to tell on my phone right now where his foot is when he lets go of the ball but I agree after the rewatch it was very close and probably a solid non call.

IndyBison
09-12-2023, 12:35 AM
Beat me to it. I actually knew this rule but was surprised how many people didn't. As for the catch, it was incredibly close and I could see it going either way.

The only thing that surprised me was the overturn. It didn't seem clear to me, in which case they generally go with the call on the field. Maybe they had another angle I didn't see though.

Great game. MSU has to be kicking themselves. They had plenty of chances to win it.You make me proud young Jedi!

I'm not surprised many fans don't know the nuances of a rule like this. It doesn't happen that often and the rule is different at different levels. The key thing announcers and coaches and fans should try to understand is the officials on the field almost definitely know the rules better than you (moreso the higher you go). Your assumption should be the official is right. Judgement calls are different, but there could still be a rule element or philosophy you don't know that applies.

Good example from my college game last week. A runs a play from their own 32 where QB11 throws the ball to RB24. Clearly before the ball gets there, LB44 hits RB24 at offense 21. The pass falls incomplete.

One of the offensive lineman asks why that wasn't DPI. I explained because you can't have PI in or behind the neutral zone. He had no idea. You could still have defensive holding or a personal foul. Your garden variety action that would be PI is not a foul.

gavin2126
09-12-2023, 01:12 AM
You make me proud young Jedi!

I'm not surprised many fans don't know the nuances of a rule like this. It doesn't happen that often and the rule is different at different levels. The key thing announcers and coaches and fans should try to understand is the officials on the field almost definitely know the rules better than you (moreso the higher you go). Your assumption should be the official is right. Judgement calls are different, but there could still be a rule element or philosophy you don't know that applies.

Good example from my college game last week. A runs a play from their own 32 where QB11 throws the ball to RB24. Clearly before the ball gets there, LB44 hits RB24 at offense 21. The pass falls incomplete.

One of the offensive lineman asks why that wasn't DPI. I explained because you can't have PI in or behind the neutral zone. He had no idea. You could still have defensive holding or a personal foul. Your garden variety action that would be PI is not a foul.

What did you think of overturning the catch? I thought it was the right call but many thought it was too close to change.

td577
09-12-2023, 01:47 AM
Any idea where this can be seen?

Also I didn't think the rabbits could find uglier uniforms but boy did they outdo themselves with those fugly "all blacks" things. We're talking UND bad.The more I think about this, and this includes Bison football too, the dumber it is to have an alternative uniform. Helmet, jersey, pants, socks, shoes, and gloves have got to be around 100k for an fcs program. Imagine what you could do with 100k in the athletic budget.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

56BISON73
09-12-2023, 01:51 AM
The more I think about this, and this includes Bison football too, the dumber it is to have an alternative uniform. Helmet, jersey, pants, socks, shoes, and gloves have got to be around 100k for an fcs program. Imagine what you could do with 100k in the athletic budget.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Never could understand it. I guess because one team did it it was the shiney new thing and you had to do it because it was supposedly cool.

IndyBison
09-12-2023, 02:05 AM
What did you think of overturning the catch? I thought it was the right call but many thought it was too close to change.The angles I saw it did appear the foot was up before the ball was controlled. But it was a video I couldn't look at frame by frame. I assume they were able to clearly see the back foot up when he got control and the next foot down was clearly out.

I like replay in general but this is another good example of an amazing athletic play that looked like a catch in real time on the field, but with the quality of video gets wiped out as incomplete.

southcliffbison
09-12-2023, 02:35 PM
The angles I saw it did appear the foot was up before the ball was controlled. But it was a video I couldn't look at frame by frame. I assume they were able to clearly see the back foot up when he got control and the next foot down was clearly out.

I like replay in general but this is another good example of an amazing athletic play that looked like a catch in real time on the field, but with the quality of video gets wiped out as incomplete.

Indy, please explain the "expanded neutral zone" term and how does the EN zone relate to pass protection and offensive linemen down field.

IndyBison
09-12-2023, 09:11 PM
Indy, please explain the "expanded neutral zone" term and how does the EN zone relate to pass protection and offensive linemen down field.

The neutral zone is expanded up to 3 yards for two reasons. First is to block a low scrimmage kick (FG, try, punt) and not have it impact the ability for the kicking team to recover the ball and be awarded a new series as would happen when a returner muffs a punt.

Second, for ineligible lineman to be in the ENZ before a legal forward pass that crosses the NZ before touched by either team. It's commonly used with RPO offenses. The location of the ineligible players is based on when the pass is released. So if the ineligible player is at 3 yards when the pass is released but 5-6 yards when the pass crosses the neutral zone, he's still legal. The other aspect of this is the pass has to cross the neutral zone in order for there to be a foul. If they throw a screen pass caught in or behind the neutral zone there can't be a foul for ineligible downfield. If the route goes too deep or is too slow to develop and the back touches/catches the pass beyond the NZ, they likely have a foul for ineligible downfield. The lineman is the one who gets flagged and announced for the foul, but it's usually not their fault.

Hope that helps!

southcliffbison
09-13-2023, 01:02 AM
Thank you. Fans (and coaches) do get the rules regarding the Expanded Neutral Zone and the line of scrimmage confused on occasion, or just plain don't know them. I threw a flag as an umpire (high school football) last Friday night for the passer being beyond the LOS when he threw the ball. Coach claimed, "But he was still in the ENZ !!! Yes, the passer was probably still in the ENZ,
but he was beyond the line of scrimmage.......so, the referee and I had a discussion with the HC regarding the rule that a passer can not have any part of his body beyond the vertical plane of the LOS and legally throw the football. NFHS rulebook

bruinbison
09-16-2023, 06:22 PM
Fighting Hawks going claw to hoof with Boise State today.
Benefit from a juggle by the WR, use turnover to drive and cut the BSU lead to 28-12

On FS1

bruinbison
09-16-2023, 06:26 PM
FHawks get another turnover.
Convert on 4th and 7.
2nd and goal

TAILG8R
09-16-2023, 06:26 PM
Fighting Hawks going claw to hoof with Boise State today.
Benefit from a juggle by the WR, use turnover to drive and cut the BSU lead to 28-12

On FS1

Hmm I though Boise was bad and Hawks were good? Am I not supposed to believe everything I hear/read????

bruinbison
09-16-2023, 06:29 PM
Trick play fails on 2 point conversion,
El Forko Grande trails 28-18, 4:26 to go 3rd quarter

heffray
09-16-2023, 06:30 PM
Trick play fails on 2 point conversion,
El Forko Grande trails 28-18, 4:26 to go 3rd quarter

Missed extra point and 2 failed 2-point conversions for UN_…

bisonaudit
09-16-2023, 06:32 PM

3 if you ignore the nonsense roughing the passer call that got them another try.

heffray
09-16-2023, 06:36 PM
3 if you ignore the nonsense roughing the passer call that got them another try.

I wasn’t watching… just glancing from time to time…

TAILG8R
09-16-2023, 06:41 PM

Definition of toe to toe right there.

bisonaudit
09-16-2023, 06:46 PM
LOL. Boise lines up for a basically meaningless FG and UND roughs the kicker giving them a first down.

When your opponent is screwing up don’t interrupt them.

bruinbison
09-16-2023, 09:51 PM
Illinois State struggling with Eastern Illinois,
7-7 in the 4th quarter

El_Chapo
09-16-2023, 10:23 PM
7-7 in the 4th quarter

this is weird

KSBisonFan
09-16-2023, 11:47 PM
7-7 in the 4th quarter

And ISU-Red loses 14-13.

TAILG8R
09-16-2023, 11:48 PM
And ISU-Red loses 14-13.

So Eastern Illinois beats both ISUs.

El_Chapo
09-17-2023, 02:23 AM
SEMO was putting SIU away 25-20 then SIU straps ball away on 3rd down and 1:45 left and are now driving to win

TD w 11 secs left on 4th and 7.

SIU wow

KSBisonFan
09-17-2023, 02:27 AM
SIU gets a TD with 11 seconds left and is going to beat SEMO 26-25.

KSBisonFan
09-23-2023, 10:15 PM
ISU red and Misery State both win. WIU plays later at Southern Utah.

Professor Chaos
09-24-2023, 04:48 AM
With the OOC season almost over I think it's safe to say that UNI (taking a beatdown by Weber St at home), Illinois St (losing to flippin Eastern Illinois.... WTF???), and Missouri St (losing @UT-Martin) is going to cost the conference an extra playoff spot. Thanks fellas.

heffray
09-24-2023, 02:48 PM
With the OOC season almost over I think it's safe to say that UNI (taking a beatdown by Weber St at home), Illinois St (losing to flippin Eastern Illinois.... WTF???), and Missouri St (losing @UT-Martin) is going to cost the conference an extra playoff spot. Thanks fellas.

You think we still get 3 teams…?

Professor Chaos
09-24-2023, 03:36 PM
You think we still get 3 teams…?
3 should be a gimme for the MVFC with a 24 team field. 4-5 should be the norm. SDSU, NDSU, SIU, UND, and YSU all look pretty good but you know someone in those latter three are going to get "valley'd" and go 4-4 or worse in conference play. Had those teams won those games I mentioned earlier a 7 win MVFC team is probably a lock but those losses will give the selection committee excuses.

TAILG8R
09-24-2023, 04:31 PM
3 should be a gimme for the MVFC with a 24 team field. 4-5 should be the norm. SDSU, NDSU, SIU, UND, and YSU all look pretty good but you know someone in those latter three are going to get "valley'd" and go 4-4 or worse in conference play. Had those teams won those games I mentioned earlier a 7 win MVFC team is probably a lock but those losses will give the selection committee excuses.

Agree that not only is 3 a given but something almost catastrophic would have to happen to not get 4 every year. A 24 team field with 5-6 MVFC teams in the top 10 Sagarin ratings, and 2 of those seeded, it should be impossible not to get 4.

bruinbison
09-24-2023, 06:00 PM
Southern Illinois is 3-0 with a FBS win. (NIU)
With 24 teams a 4-4 conference record should get them in. 3-5 in conference, well good luck with that

bruinbison
09-30-2023, 02:33 AM
South Dakota State football non-conference report card
Grading the Jackrabbits through their 3-0 start and leading into Missouri Valley Football Conference play

https://www.siouxfallslive.com/sports/south-dakota-state-football-non-conference-report-card

What to know about North Dakota at South Dakota State
Missouri Valley Football Conference play opens with battle of ranked teams

https://www.siouxfallslive.com/sports/what-to-know-about-north-dakota-at-south-dakota-state

KSBisonFan
10-08-2023, 12:09 AM
Youngstown State is leading #5 SIU 17-3 starting the 4th quarter.

El_Chapo
10-08-2023, 12:32 AM
Youngstown putting a Whoop ass on SIU.

TAILG8R
10-08-2023, 03:43 PM
This is where the cream separates from the crud.

Few will rise to the top and the rest wallow in the middle.

bruinbison
10-09-2023, 11:49 PM
5 things up north

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/college/5-things-you-mightve-missed-in-unds-49-10-win-over-western-illinois

El_Chapo
10-10-2023, 12:19 AM
I still can't believe SIU was ranked #5.

Youngstown killed then. I watched it and was laughing the whole time

is USD for real? weird times

bruinbison
10-10-2023, 10:51 AM
Around the Valley

https://www.siouxfallslive.com/sports/around-the-valley-youngstown-states-rout-of-salukis-shakes-up-top-of-standings

bruinbison
10-10-2023, 11:05 AM
Injury Notes - “Coaches Decision”

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/college/status-of-und-wide-receiver-bo-belquist-unclear-ahead-of-north-dakota-state-game?auth0Authentication=true

bruinbison
10-10-2023, 12:23 PM
New Challenge

https://www.siouxfallslive.com/sports/college/10th-ranked-coyotes-continue-to-improve-prepare-for-new-challenge?auth0Authentication=true

TAILG8R
10-10-2023, 01:54 PM
Injury Notes - “Coaches Decision”

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/college/status-of-und-wide-receiver-bo-belquist-unclear-ahead-of-north-dakota-state-game?auth0Authentication=true

He's playing for sure.

TAILG8R
10-10-2023, 01:57 PM
I still can't believe SIU was ranked #5.

Youngstown killed then. I watched it and was laughing the whole time

is USD for real? weird times

I would bet they finish the season in the top 15.

KSBisonFan
10-28-2023, 06:01 PM
UNI's offense is doing whatever they want to against ISU red. 21-7 in the 2nd quarter.

USD and SDSU kicking off now.

bruinbison
10-28-2023, 06:19 PM
Coyotes offense stopped with Bouman misfiring on 2 passes (1 a lateral)
but the kicker bails them out with a 51 yard make.
3-0 USD
1st Jackrabbit possession coming up

bruinbison
10-28-2023, 06:23 PM
Sellout Crowd is in it, Force 2 false starts on Jacks.
Next 2 plays affected as well, 3rd & 15

bruinbison
10-28-2023, 06:26 PM
Jackrabbits punt, good field position for ‘Yotes

bruinbison
10-28-2023, 06:36 PM
Jacks drive stopped when Gronowski looked down his receiver and threw into double coverage - ‘Yotes INT

SoCalBison
10-28-2023, 06:39 PM
Would love to see coyote eat rabbit today.

heffray
10-28-2023, 06:41 PM
Jacks drive stopped when Gronowski looked down his receiver and threw into double coverage - ‘Yotes INT

Gronowski is one of the more overrated players in the MVFC.

heffray
10-28-2023, 06:57 PM
Absolute horseshit targeting call on USD there. It continues to be the dumbest rule in the book.

bruinbison
10-28-2023, 06:57 PM
Jackrabbits up 7-3
Their OL looks good controlling USD pass rush.
RB Davis looking strong.
Uncontested reverse to one of the Janke for the 10 yard or so run

Gully
10-28-2023, 06:59 PM
Absolute horseshit targeting call on USD there. It continues to be the dumbest rule in the book.

I just don't get it. Now the poor kid has to sit out the entire game. It wasn't a dirty hit and this does nothing to make the game safer (as it wasn't a dangerous play anyway and didn't look like a penalty).

Not to mention a big momentum play and TD Jacks on the very next snap.

I don't think I've ever seen Nielsen that emotional.

SoCalBison

A gift for the jacks.

KSBisonFan

No way that was targeting. Completely screwed the CB and the Coyotes.

bruinbison
10-28-2023, 07:14 PM
Jackrabbits 14-3 now
Assert themselves on both O and D the last 2 possessions

heffray
10-28-2023, 07:26 PM
I just don't get it. Now the poor kid has to sit out the entire game. It wasn't a dirty hit and this does nothing to make the game safer (as it wasn't a dangerous play anyway and didn't look like a penalty).

Not to mention a big momentum play and TD Jacks on the very next snap.

I don't think I've ever seen Nielsen that emotional.

It would be one thing if it was just a bad call on the field, but they actually (and rightly so) review that shit. I’d love to hear Indy try to defend that dumbfuck call…

Gully
10-28-2023, 07:26 PM
It's to the point in that game that players are getting tackled cleanly and jumping up and looking at the official and tapping their helmet as if to say, "I was targeted". It's as bad a PI.

bruinbison
10-28-2023, 07:29 PM
49 yard field goal by SDSU to increase lead.
17-3 halftime
Jackrabbits get kickoff to start 2nd half

bruinbison
10-28-2023, 07:58 PM
Indiana State going toe to toe with Fighting Hawks
7-7 in the 3rd quarter

TAILG8R
10-28-2023, 08:20 PM

He’s a good QB

Good.

Not sure how much he is heralded but when I do see a mention of how good he is I’ve always thought he play was more about how good the team is and not how good he is.

But it’s also hard to put down a dude that just wins.

heffray
10-28-2023, 08:56 PM
He’s a good QB

Good.

Not sure how much he is heralded but when I do see a mention of how good he is I’ve always thought he play was more about how good the team is and not how good he is.

But it’s also hard to put down a dude that just wins.

Totally agree. Could imagine how good the Jacks would be with a guy like Cam, though? I’d take Miller over Gronowski in a second.

TAILG8R
10-28-2023, 09:08 PM
Totally agree. Could imagine how good the Jacks would be with a guy like Cam, though? I’d take Miller over Gronowski in a second.

Cam this year 100%

Big Bird
10-28-2023, 09:11 PM
We've lost to UND, who are down 3 to winless Indiana State with 47 seconds to go, and USD, who got boat raced by SDSU.

The SDSU game is going to be brutal.....

LefseBison
10-28-2023, 10:32 PM
We've lost to UND, who are down 3 to winless Indiana State with 47 seconds to go, and USD, who got boat raced by SDSU.

The SDSU game is going to be brutal.....

SDSU beat USD today 37-3. USD beat us, UND beat us. It doesn't look good for us next week against SDSU AT ALL especially on their home turf. :smh:

heffray
10-28-2023, 10:43 PM
SDSU beat USD today 37-3. USD beat us, UND beat us. It doesn't look good for us next week against SDSU AT ALL especially on their home turf. :smh:

Weird shit happens in rivalry games, but I agree with you it is not likely going to be very good at all next week.

B.Schlossman Fan Club
10-28-2023, 11:39 PM
Weird shit happens in rivalry games, but I agree with you it is not likely going to be very good at all next week.

We need to keep them off their game with some early turnovers. Or they will just run it down our throats all game and not give a chance through the air

IndyBison
10-29-2023, 03:44 AM
It would be one thing if it was just a bad call on the field, but they actually (and rightly so) review that shit. I’d love to hear Indy try to defend that dumbfuck call…Was it with the crown of the helmet? That is to protect the hitter and not the hittee. That's why it doesn't matter where you hit and the opponent doesn't have to be defenseless. They are pulling back a lot on what they want called and players have generally changed their behavior. College players today have only known this rule through high school and college.

gavin2126
10-29-2023, 04:26 AM

I don't know I think he's pretty damn good. He's the difference between them going 8-3 in 2021 and playing Thanksgiving weekend and being far and away the best team in the country the last two years.

ndsubison1
10-29-2023, 05:56 AM
We are heading towards a very interesting playoff race in the MVFC

bruinbison
10-29-2023, 12:46 PM
We are heading towards a very interesting playoff race in the MVFC

Will be interesting to see what happens with South Dakota in the polls this week. They were #4, but after losing big to SDSU are now 6-2, same record as #12 NDSU. Will the voters think it important to keep SD in front of NDSU?

Up next for the ‘Yotes is @ SIU, then the Fighting Hawks and finishing with Western Illinois.

KSBisonFan
11-11-2023, 05:02 PM
No Bison hangover for the Jacks. Leading YSU 10-0 in the 2nd quarter.

KSBisonFan
11-11-2023, 05:23 PM
UND returns the opening kickoff for a TD and leads USD 7-0 in Vermillion.

KSBisonFan
11-11-2023, 06:17 PM
UND leads USD 10-0 at halftime. SDSU up 27-0 on YSU.

bruinbison
11-11-2023, 06:17 PM

Did they give the Tails Down sign???

TAILG8R
11-11-2023, 06:21 PM
Did they give the Tails Down sign???

++++++++++

KSBisonFan
11-11-2023, 07:29 PM
USD takes the lead 14-10, 4th qtr. The Coyotes have turned it over twice in the end zone today.

KSBisonFan
11-11-2023, 08:01 PM
USD wins 14-10. Misery State leading UNI 14-3.

gavin2126
11-11-2023, 08:05 PM
USD wins 14-10. Misery State leading UNI 14-3.

21-3 now. Farley gonna Farley.....

KSBisonFan
11-11-2023, 11:17 PM
3 teams ranked ahead of us lost today. UND, SIU and Idaho lost. UND, SIU, UNI, YSU and Illinois State all have 4 losses. Idaho now with 3 losses. Next week is going to be crazy.

El_Chapo
11-12-2023, 12:39 AM

ok this is like the 3rd time. I'm convinced they are coaching to have their players hold/block in back & take chances on opening kick because they've found that Officials seldom EVER start a game with a penalty... and they are like. even if they do call it. big deal

Illinois State is on fire. Specks Mustache Magic

Bison Dan
11-12-2023, 11:23 AM
ok this is like the 3rd time. I'm convinced they are coaching to have their players hold/block in back & take chances on opening kick because they've found that Officials seldom EVER start a game with a penalty... and they are like. even if they do call it. big deal

Illinois State is on fire. Specks Mustache Magic

UND has scored a total of 10 points in 3 away games with 1's vs 1's.