PDA

View Full Version : The homecoming parade is back on campus

Hammerhead
08-18-2023, 07:19 PM
And heading down University Drive just like the good old days.

https://www.ndsu.edu/sites/default/files/2023-07/NDSU-2023-Homecoming-Parade-Map-8.5x11.pdf

Gully
08-18-2023, 07:59 PM
I'm excited about this. Downtown was fun to do for awhile but this brings back a lot of old memories. I wonder what drove the change?

El_Chapo
08-18-2023, 09:48 PM
I'm excited about this. Downtown was fun to do for awhile but this brings back a lot of old memories. I wonder what drove the change?

downtown businesses are whiny _____

56BISON73
08-18-2023, 11:51 PM
And heading down University Drive just like the good old days.

https://www.ndsu.edu/sites/default/files/2023-07/NDSU-2023-Homecoming-Parade-Map-8.5x11.pdf

Wonder if they will use the parade gestopo to make sure everyone is in line and nobody throws candy????

Hammerhead
08-19-2023, 12:40 AM

New NDSU president isn’t pals with Doug Bergum who likes big events downtown?

Herd Mentality
09-29-2023, 02:35 PM
Having a parade without a Homecoming Queen seems like odd optics when you have women on campus protesting about faculty inequalities.

El_Chapo
09-29-2023, 02:37 PM
Having a parade without a Homecoming Queen seems like odd optics when you have women on campus protesting about faculty inequalities.

1st Bud Light , now this , we are a laughingstock

The_Sicatoka
09-29-2023, 02:41 PM

Um, respectfully, there a more potential negative outcomes right now:

- charges of objectification
- imagine this outcome (https://www.google.com/search?q=transgender+homecoming+queen&rlz=1C1GCEA_enUS929US929&oq=transgender+homecoming+&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUqBwgAEAAYgAQyBwgAEAAYgAQyBggBEE UYOTIICAIQABgWGB4yCAgDEAAYFhgeMggIBBAAGBYYHjIICAUQ ABgWGB4yCAgGEAAYFhgeMggIBxAAGBYYHjIICAgQABgWGB4yCA gJEAAYFhge0gEINzc2NmowajeoAgCwAgA&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8) and further claims of women being pushed aside

Outsider's view: in the existing climate* on the NDSU campus a pause seems prudent

* "women on campus protesting about faculty inequalities"

unbison
09-29-2023, 04:55 PM
1st Bud Light , now this , we are a laughingstock

We have a Karen amongst us

Gully
09-29-2023, 05:12 PM
Um, respectfully, there a more potential negative outcomes right now:

- charges of objectification
- imagine this outcome (https://www.google.com/search?q=transgender+homecoming+queen&rlz=1C1GCEA_enUS929US929&oq=transgender+homecoming+&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUqBwgAEAAYgAQyBwgAEAAYgAQyBggBEE UYOTIICAIQABgWGB4yCAgDEAAYFhgeMggIBBAAGBYYHjIICAUQ ABgWGB4yCAgGEAAYFhgeMggIBxAAGBYYHjIICAgQABgWGB4yCA gJEAAYFhge0gEINzc2NmowajeoAgCwAgA&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8) and further claims of women being pushed aside

Outsider's view: in the existing climate* on the NDSU campus a pause seems prudent

* "women on campus protesting about faculty inequalities"

Man, I don't even understand what you're saying.

A pause in what?

I have no idea what's happening here....it sounds like you're saying excluding women from the homecoming court is somehow good for women?

Make it make sense.

TransAmBison
09-29-2023, 05:23 PM
What is the story on no homecoming queen? I haven't heard anything about this.

roadwarrior
09-29-2023, 05:33 PM
What is the story on no homecoming queen? I haven't heard anything about this.

Not sure how they run the contest. But the NDSU webpage to vote for homecoming court shows 7 women and 5 men. Apparently, none of the women finished in the top two because a tweet yesterday showed 2 guys as the winners.

The_Sicatoka
09-29-2023, 05:34 PM
Man, I don't even understand what you're saying.

A pause in what?

Don't pick a Homecoming Queen this year. Let the other resolve first.

The_Sicatoka
09-29-2023, 05:37 PM
https://twitter.com/NDSU/status/1707589970372768158?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcam p%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

This won't help refute the recent claims by NDSU female faculty and staff of being shoved aside.

GreenfieldBison
09-29-2023, 05:38 PM
Not sure how they run the contest. But the NDSU webpage to vote for homecoming court shows 7 women and 5 men. Apparently, none of the women finished in the top two because a tweet yesterday showed 2 guys as the winners.

All the female candidates were named Karen?

Soooo, does that mean we will have a Homecoming King and "Queen"?

Very progressive if so...

TransAmBison
09-29-2023, 05:39 PM
I need to go buy popcorn.

GreenfieldBison
09-29-2023, 05:43 PM
https://twitter.com/NDSU/status/1707589970372768158?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcam p%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

This won't help refute the recent claims by NDSU female faculty and staff of being shoved aside.

Funny. I just listened to a pod yesterday that discussed research indicating that it is in fact men and boys who are falling behind, not women. No clue if that is correct or not.

roadwarrior
09-29-2023, 05:47 PM
https://twitter.com/NDSU/status/1707802213228204071

Several years ago, students removed the gender requirement for homecoming royalty...

scottietohottie
09-29-2023, 06:10 PM
Funny. I just listened to a pod yesterday that discussed research indicating that it is in fact men and boys who are falling behind, not women. No clue if that is correct or not.

Yeah they're turning into women.

GreenfieldBison
09-29-2023, 06:16 PM
Yeah they're turning into women.

That could be one explanation...

NDSU92
09-29-2023, 06:44 PM
Sparta had two kings and they were BA

Grizzled
09-29-2023, 07:09 PM
Unreal. Not sitting well with some alum.

El_Chapo
09-29-2023, 07:41 PM
Unreal. Not sitting well with some alum.

ya thinkkkkkkkkkkkkkk?

NDSU could've fixed this, but alas, they dont have a backbone.
Women getting replaced, pour 1 out for Feminism.

LefseBison
09-29-2023, 07:52 PM

That Forum article of a few days ago about the protest as well as the back story is extremely damning towards NDSU's reputation. I am beyond upset, especially as a Second-Wave feminist and I do plan to pen a letter to the President and Provost about it. It seems NDSU is moving back into the Dark Ages (or maybe it never left) when it comes to how it treats capable, talented women administrators. I doubt the 3 women did anything appreciably wrong and were punished, I think, inappropriately by losing their top administrative positions and being relegated to faculty positions. The one that bothered me the most was Provost Beth Ingram. I met her at Women In Philanthropy luncheons and she answered my questions with long, thoughtful letters. I was shocked to hear that Dr. Ingram departed NDSU for greener, more respectful pastures. What a loss for us! I think her mother was a groundbreaking statistician at NDSU. Beth Ingram said in the Forum article that of all the universities in the U.S., NDSU was SECOND TO LAST in the number of women tenured. What a knuckle-dragging school! All the talented women we have lost and maybe other smart women will start to stay away from NDSU. I am sick about this. I hope all you guys will read the article. No matter what your attitude towards the article, all of you men either have wives, girlfriends or mothers and think about how you would feel if they were treated like this. In reading the article it sounded like Dr. Ingram was bullied and almost pushed away from Provost. I had wanted to see the protest as I was scheduled to be out at campus that day but got sick so missed it. With steadily decreasing enrollment, we cannot afford such bad public relations. My heart breaks for these fine, talented women. :banghead:

NDSU92
09-29-2023, 08:02 PM
Lol who cares? When was the last time anyone gave a shit about homecoming king and queen? 1954?

Is pretty funny that one would assume they removed the gender component for D&I purposes and really all it did was allow more straight white males to win.

runtheoption
09-29-2023, 09:19 PM
NDSU has now reached new level wokeness.

Activists: "WE NEED TO REMOVE SILLY GENDER BARRIERS AND TITLES FOR NDSU HOMECOMING!"

Student body: "OK, done."

Activists: "Yayyyy us!"

Student Body: "Now let's show how progressive we are and elect 2 white men as the Homecoming Royalty 2 out of 3 years."

Activists: NOT LIKE THAT!!!

Grizzled
09-29-2023, 09:24 PM
Lol who cares? When was the last time anyone gave a shit about homecoming king and queen? 1954?

Is pretty funny that one would assume they removed the gender component for D&I purposes and really all it did was allow more straight white males to win.

No one usually cares when it’s a king and queen that win it. This one likely draws attention.

EC8CH
09-29-2023, 09:54 PM
Don't ever stop Bville.

El_Chapo
09-30-2023, 02:38 AM
Don't ever stop Bville.

now you could've worn that skirt like you did in Alexandria 1986 and actually win something Mikey!

Please tell me they weren't on the same float tonight? who can report for us?

also, lets say ME and TAB were in this royalty and we both were the Top 2 Vote Getters...

We'd have 2 choices.
#1 TAB acts like a MAN and drops out & gives his crown to a female for queen...
#2 TAB puts on his fluffy coat and.......... wait a minute!!

but seriously, 1 of these soy boys couldn't of given up his top spot for a FEMALE? what a joke.

56BISON73
09-30-2023, 02:57 AM

Its what happens when you change shit just because. :facepalm:

LefseBison
09-30-2023, 01:39 PM
Its what happens when you change shit just because. :facepalm:

Why are people so threatened or unhappy? The rules are the top 2 vote getters win. This year, it was 2 guys. Maybe next year it will be 2 gals. Is there an underlying homophobic fear going on? Probably not but this whole situation of 2 guys getting in as "royalty" is delightful. :fight: Life is not "pat."

El_Chapo
09-30-2023, 03:08 PM
Why are people so threatened or unhappy? The rules are the top 2 vote getters win. This year, it was 2 guys. Maybe next year it will be 2 gals. Is there an underlying homophobic fear going on? Probably not but this whole situation of 2 guys getting in as "royalty" is delightful. :fight: Life is not "pat."

It should be the TOP MALE and FEMALE vote getter are king and queen.
if its 2 top vote getters than the 2nd MALE vote getter should be a MAN and refuse it and give to a FEMALE

TAILG8R
09-30-2023, 03:10 PM
if its 2 top vote getters than the 2nd MALE vote getter should be a MAN and refuse it and give to a FEMALE

Why? Because your manhood is threatened??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LefseBison
09-30-2023, 03:19 PM

I am glad this was publicized somewhat in the media cuz it shows NDSU is becoming a teeny-tiny bit progressive. I am a resolute monarchist, and even I think it is okay to have 2 people of the same gender as NDSU "royalty". The students voted and this is what the result is.

TAILG8R
09-30-2023, 03:26 PM
I am glad this was publicized somewhat in the media cuz it shows NDSU is becoming a teeny-tiny bit progressive. I am a resolute monarchist, and even I think it is okay to have 2 people of the same gender as NDSU "royalty". The students voted and this is what the result is.

Equal opportunity for everyone or does Chapo want affirmative action on this??

NDSU92
09-30-2023, 03:52 PM
As far as the general outcry probably a combination of any of the following:

-People afraid of change
-Weird manhood snowflakes
-People just mad who will yell about anything

Pretty hilarious you have ultra feminists and conservatives being upset about the same thing. Wild.

Sign of the times. Everyone’s a victim.

scottietohottie
09-30-2023, 04:14 PM
Toxic!!!!!

GreenfieldBison
09-30-2023, 04:15 PM
As far as the general outcry probably a combination of any of the following:

-People afraid of change
-Weird manhood snowflakes
-People just mad who will yell about anything

Pretty hilarious you have ultra feminists and conservatives being upset about the same thing. Wild.

Sign of the times. Everyone’s a victim.

Oops. Too general maybe. I'm not a victim. As far as this issue is concerned it's not my party since I am no longer a student. They can pick whoever they want and it's just none of my business.

bisonaudit
09-30-2023, 04:58 PM

As a resolute monarchist you can’t think much of this whole idea of voting in the first place.

LefseBison
09-30-2023, 07:20 PM
As a resolute monarchist you can’t think much of this whole idea of voting in the first place.

Your are correct.

taper
09-30-2023, 08:46 PM

Now that history has entered the thread I'm interested.
A monarch is any head of state that rules for life. The pope is elected. So were Holy Roman Emperors. Constitutional monarchies have plenty of voting. Roman and Byzantine often had multiple emperors co-ruling. Sometimes 2+ men, sometimes a man and a woman. I can even see an argument that Hitler and Putin are elected monarchs. Ukraine's Zelenskyy has suspended elections until the war ends(legal under UKR law) so he might be one too.

In any case, women students are a slight majority at NDSU. That means women elected 2 men. I think it's even more sexist to tell them they made the wrong choice.

ByeSonBusiness
09-30-2023, 09:06 PM
Now that history has entered the thread I'm interested.
A monarch is any head of state that rules for life. The pope is elected. So were Holy Roman Emperors. Constitutional monarchies have plenty of voting. Roman and Byzantine often had multiple emperors co-ruling. Sometimes 2+ men, sometimes a man and a woman. I can even see an argument that Hitler and Putin are elected monarchs. Ukraine's Zelenskyy has suspended elections until the war ends(legal under UKR law) so he might be one too.

In any case, women students are a slight majority at NDSU. That means women elected 2 men. I think it's even more sexist to tell them they made the wrong choice.

Regarding the voting, that's not really the implication.

That said, I never voted for homecoming when I was in school. Idk where one would even cast a vote. But the fact that the school fucked up something so simple suggests they'll fuck up more complicated things too.

bisonaudit
09-30-2023, 09:16 PM
Regarding the voting, that's not really the implication.

That said, I never voted for homecoming when I was in school. Idk where one would even cast a vote. But the fact that the school fucked up something so simple suggests they'll fuck up more complicated things too.

Yep, just like those European pinkos and female marketing executives fucked up something as simple as Bud Lite.

El_Chapo
09-30-2023, 09:46 PM
We deserved that loss for this

taper
09-30-2023, 09:49 PM
Yep, just like those European pinkos and female marketing executives fucked up something a lot simple as Bud Lite.

Not drinking Bud Lite is a feature, not a bug.

bisonaudit
09-30-2023, 09:59 PM
Not drinking Bud Lite is a feature, not a bug.

While I can’t disagree with your conclusion. The chain of reasoning one employs in order to reach a conclusion matters quite a lot.

LefseBison
09-30-2023, 11:06 PM
We deserved that loss for this

A bad week for homecoming. This terrible football loss, an embarrassment, the campus protest of the way women leaders are treated by administration, and today's letter to the editor signed by some very prolific and important professors on campus buttressing the support of the protest. At least it was sunny for the homecoming parade. I am taking to my bed. :confused::facepalm::hide::ranting:

El_Chapo
10-01-2023, 12:52 AM
A bad week for homecoming. This terrible football loss, an embarrassment, the campus protest of the way women leaders are treated by administration, and today's letter to the editor signed by some very prolific and important professors on campus buttressing the support of the protest. At least it was sunny for the homecoming parade. I am taking to my bed. :confused::facepalm::hide::ranting:

and ZERO POINT ZERO PROGRESS TOWARDS FBS

yes being the BUTT of jokes last few days added w the bud light sponsorship...and the downward enrollment and.... well. shit.

JMB
10-01-2023, 05:37 AM

I think we should dump the king and queen bit anyways and move to a executive officer of the week who gets ratified at a bi-weekly meeting.

WYOBISONMAN
10-01-2023, 11:58 AM

Definitely some major embarrassment for NDSU there. That letter was a stinger, with many credible and well respected individuals who have contibuted much to our school.

WhoRepsTheLurker
10-01-2023, 01:05 PM
Lost in all the “protest” seems to be that fact that although a 15-year female upper administrator was told to go back to faculty, an African American female administrator was promoted. But we all like to focus on the negative when it comes to NDSU apparently, including some of the faculty. Don’t forget, Cook inherited a total mess from the previous guy, who you alumni seem to cut a lot of slack

As for the game, they clearly weren’t ready and that’s on the coaches, right or wrong. Like Tony A said, more like what you would have expected given reality. Next week at Mo St will be telling

Welcome to parity in CFB via the TP. I thought you guys wanted closer games

TAILG8R
10-01-2023, 03:58 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20231001/9e6eac6288c39c95a4397d7e5813ca89.jpg

heffray
10-01-2023, 04:55 PM

It’s happening guys…

LefseBison
10-01-2023, 06:09 PM

I do like the "yellow wall" wheels :eeek:

The_Sicatoka
10-02-2023, 02:46 PM

Why are the vast majority of signees "former" or "emeritus"? Surprised more current tenured faculty didn't sign.
https://www.inforum.com/opinion/letters/letter-ndsus-dismissal-of-bilen-green-follows-a-pattern-of-poor-treatment-of-women

El_Chapo
10-02-2023, 04:33 PM
the fallout continues on Monday as most media/social media people are finally just seeing this from the late Friday news dump.

1 ND legislator is gonna fire up legislation & stop ndsu funding for this blue key group or whomever was in charge

GCWaters
10-02-2023, 04:36 PM
Why are the vast majority of signees "former" or "emeritus"? Surprised more current tenured faculty didn't sign.
https://www.inforum.com/opinion/letters/letter-ndsus-dismissal-of-bilen-green-follows-a-pattern-of-poor-treatment-of-women

I think that was intentional--this is a group of former administrators who worked with Canan who are showing their support. Current faculty are working through University Senate, currently...

GCWaters
10-02-2023, 04:37 PM
the fallout continues on Monday as most media/social media people are finally just seeing this from the late Friday news dump.

1 ND legislator is gonna fire up legislation & stop ndsu funding for this blue key group or whomever was in charge

Pretty sure Blue Key is funded from student fees, which students have complete control over, so good luck with that....

El_Chapo
10-02-2023, 05:58 PM
Pretty sure Blue Key is funded from student fees, which students have complete control over, so good luck with that....

probably same dude who wants the nickel back (that was blue key too right?)

GCWaters
10-02-2023, 06:11 PM
probably same dude who wants the nickel back (that was blue key too right?)

I think so? Wasn't it blue key that sponsored the nickel in the first place?

The_Sicatoka
10-02-2023, 06:30 PM
Not the Homecoming Week press y'all had hoped for:
https://www.insidehighered.com/news/faculty-issues/diversity-equity/2023/10/02/ndsu-firing-reopens-old-wound-regarding-treatment

Hammerhead
10-02-2023, 06:40 PM

So you are for affirmative action where we need to use quotas instead of selecting the best candidates regardless of their demographics?

The_Sicatoka
10-02-2023, 06:48 PM
Did this alienate a (wealthy) traditionalist faction of your donor based like the Lance/shoes saga.

LefseBison
10-02-2023, 07:12 PM
Not the Homecoming Week press y'all had hoped for:
https://www.insidehighered.com/news/faculty-issues/diversity-equity/2023/10/02/ndsu-firing-reopens-old-wound-regarding-treatment

I did actually read the very complex article. Having read it, the waters have been muddied. I don't know what to think. I think in the case of Bilen-Green, maybe it was acceptable the way it was handled. Not sure. But what gets my goat is how Beth Ingram was pressured to "hurry up and resign" from the Provost position years ago by Dean Bresciani. The article kind of echoed my concern, what was the rush? In any case, I am a mere alumna and don't understand all the complexities and legalities of higher education. I think Bertolini and Cook both understand this is a public relations mess and they need to not EVER let this happen again. To be second from the last in the whole United States in tenured women professors makes us think we are cavemen. :irslow:

WhoRepsTheLurker
10-02-2023, 07:39 PM
I did actually read the very complex article. Having read it, the waters have been muddied. I don't know what to think. I think in the case of Bilen-Green, maybe it was acceptable the way it was handled. Not sure. But what gets my goat is how Beth Ingram was pressured to "hurry up and resign" from the Provost position years ago by Dean Bresciani. The article kind of echoed my concern, what was the rush? In any case, I am a mere alumna and don't understand all the complexities and legalities of higher education. I think Bertolini and Cook both understand this is a public relations mess and they need to not EVER let this happen again. To be second from the last in the whole United States in tenured women professors makes us think we are cavemen. :irslow:

So, you see the whole picture more clearly now. Good. If only others would take the time to do so as well, rather than simply using a fraction of the facts to support a personal agenda that they are more interested in promoting, whatever that may be. You can take your pick.

As for Ingraham, all I can tell you is that a week before she was fired, I was in her office showing her an article from the Washington Post that was pointing out the rapidly approaching enrollment cliff, with the message that we were going to get absolutely raked by the funding model they had just adopted. She wholeheartedly agreed. A week later she was gone. Unfortunately, she has apparently chosen to lambast the entire university for this, and not direct it at the appropriate parties.

heffray
10-02-2023, 09:11 PM
So, you see the whole picture more clearly now. Good. If only others would take the time to do so as well, rather than simply using a fraction of the facts to support a personal agenda that they are more interested in promoting, whatever that may be. You can take your pick.

As for Ingraham, all I can tell you is that a week before she was fired, I was in her office showing her an article from the Washington Post that was pointing out the rapidly approaching enrollment cliff, with the message that we were going to get absolutely raked by the funding model they had just adopted. She wholeheartedly agreed. A week later she was gone. Unfortunately, she has apparently chosen to lambast the entire university for this, and not direct it at the appropriate parties.

Holy shit that is a scoop, bud.

LefseBison
10-02-2023, 09:50 PM

Many people are headline readers as you well know as well as cherry-pickers who pick out what they want to hear as you point out. No matter what, NDSU needs to work on clear and concise and take-no-prisoners messaging. Several years ago (during Bresciani's watch) I met with a dean of one of the colleges and said in NO UNCERTAIN TERMS, "NDSU needs to learn to stick up for itself and when there are errors in the media, THEY NEED TO CALL THEM OUT, because if NDSU does not, nobody else will". I said "you guys just roll over and play dead with the media, in particular, the Fargo Forum." The problem with a lot of higher-education issues are the universities are hamstrung because of personnel issues which they, of course, may not be able to discuss but also the incredible complexity of higher education, legal issues and whatnot which the average reader does not want to take the time to sift through. Most readers want black-and-white, bullet point ways of explaining things which is not how higher education operates. And then on top of that, clickbait and inaccurate headlines. As far as Beth Ingram, I had a few interchanges with her and found her incredibly thoughtful and willing to look at all sides of issues and first and foremost, she really cared about students, not just lip service. Such a waste to lose her. I think she was trusting and more worried about her aging mother and her inability to get another job if she did not comply with Bresciani's wishes to step down. I am ****** furious about her situation more than anything.

El_Chapo
10-03-2023, 05:16 AM
so what about these 2 kings?

how can no one answer this question.

why wouldn't the #2 vote getter just hand the #2 position to the top voted on female??? huh?

The_Sicatoka
10-03-2023, 01:10 PM
why wouldn't the #2 vote getter just hand the #2 position to the top voted on female??? huh?

Chivalry is dead?

TransAmBison
10-03-2023, 01:19 PM
My wife told me not to put my thoughts on this subject to print. Probably a good idea.

LefseBison
10-03-2023, 01:39 PM
My wife told me not to put my thoughts on this subject to print. Probably a good idea.

Wise wife.

KSBisonFan
10-03-2023, 01:41 PM

Aren't you the homecoming king of your castle?

TransAmBison
10-03-2023, 01:42 PM
Aren't you the homecoming king of your castle?Didn't get enough votes. :(

LefseBison
10-03-2023, 06:10 PM

I just returned from campus and want to report that the Roll Herd van is parked at an easy-to-see angle in front of that fraternity house. You cannot miss it going down University, down the avenue leading to University, it is plainly visible from the sorority across the avenue, Glenn Hill across the street as well as the Alumni Center down the street.

It is really conspicuous and sticks out like a sore thumb. :duel:

GRAFTONBISON
10-03-2023, 06:21 PM
Didn't get enough votes. :(

Probably didn't come in 2nd either

El_Chapo
10-03-2023, 06:21 PM
I just returned from campus and want to report that the Roll Herd van is parked at an easy-to-see angle in front of that fraternity house. You cannot miss it going down University, down the avenue leading to University, it is plainly visible from the sorority across the avenue, Glenn Hill across the street as well as the Alumni Center down the street.

hmmmmm thanks... yellow paint time!

TransAmBison
10-03-2023, 06:43 PM
Probably didn't come in 2nd eitherI think was listed as "also ran" when the final tally came through...

The_Sicatoka
10-03-2023, 07:53 PM

Please confirm reports of green and yellow shag carpet on all surfaces (walls, ceiling inclusive) except for the waterbed.

Hammerhead
10-03-2023, 08:22 PM
Remember when high schools only had homecoming queens? Fargo South didn't have a king until 1980.

GreenfieldBison
10-03-2023, 10:14 PM
Remember when high schools only had homecoming queens? Fargo South didn't have a king until 1980.
Je ne suis pas d’accord avec mon ami

I graduated from South High in 1973 and a very close friend of mine was the Homecoming King. His girlfriend (and another close friend of mine) was of course the Homecoming Queen. We did not start a tradition that year, it pre-dated us.

GreenfieldBison
10-03-2023, 10:32 PM
I think was listed as "also ran" when the final tally came through...
Dude. Did Dominion tally those votes? Call Sidney, Rudy, et. al. and get some attention. You should probably get the Cyber Ninjas crew on the case for one of those forensic audits. Stolen election. Big time fraud. Terrible...

GreenfieldBison
10-04-2023, 12:09 AM
Please confirm reports of green and yellow shag carpet on all surfaces (walls, ceiling inclusive) except for the waterbed.
C'mon man. Nobody puts a waterbed in a mobile conveyance these days. That's a remanufactured sleep number bed and it can have any covering you want.

Hammerhead
10-06-2023, 05:35 PM
C'mon man. Nobody puts a waterbed in a mobile conveyance these days. That's a remanufactured sleep number bed and it can have any covering you want.

Or they bought one of those beds from the Cam Miller commercials.