PDA

View Full Version : Northwestern Fitzgerald suspension / Dave Braun

KC_Hats
07-09-2023, 11:08 PM
It seems like Dave Braun made a poor choice in joining Fitzgerald at Northwestern University. It seems like he may lose his job soon.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/37973549/pat-fitzgerald-suspended-northwestern-hazing-inquiry (https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/37973549/pat-fitzgerald-suspended-northwestern-hazing-inquiry)

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/37980269/ex-northwestern-player-says-hazing-included-sexualized-acts

tony
07-10-2023, 12:24 AM
Well, I don't think that anybody will blame Dave Braun for what happened at Northwestern. While this situation will not be great in the short term for Coach Braun, I think that he'll end up OK (at least, I hope so.) They could do worse than naming him head coach.

southcliffbison
07-10-2023, 01:56 AM
To think that in this day and age this type of behavior persists; incredible .

TAILG8R
07-10-2023, 02:43 AM

No kidding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

56BISON73
07-10-2023, 02:44 AM
It seems like Dave Braun made a poor choice in joining Fitzgerald at Northwestern University. It seems like he may lose his job soon.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/37973549/pat-fitzgerald-suspended-northwestern-hazing-inquiry (https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/37973549/pat-fitzgerald-suspended-northwestern-hazing-inquiry)

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/37980269/ex-northwestern-player-says-hazing-included-sexualized-acts

I will be shocked if they retain him. I am even more shocked that this shit is still going on. In this day and age how in the fuck can you think that you can keep doing this???

KC_Hats
07-10-2023, 03:24 AM
I don't blame Coach Braun for what happened (is happening) at Northwestern, I said he could be out of a job if they fire Fitzgerald (as they should).

Well, I don't think that anybody will blame Dave Braun for what happened at Northwestern. While this situation will not be great in the short term for Coach Braun, I think that he'll end up OK (at least, I hope so.) They could do worse than naming him head coach.

El_Chapo
07-10-2023, 03:43 AM
well Braun would end back at NDSU if he's let go, Entz is his buddy

IndyBison
07-10-2023, 05:47 AM
To think that in this day and age this type of behavior persists; incredible .Hazing has been going on for decades. No matter how much groups try to get rid of it, new members bring it back little by little. It must be some innate thing in humans to put artificial barriers in place between existing and new members.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Professor Chaos
07-10-2023, 11:01 AM
I'd think it's too close to the season to fire anyone other than Fitzgerald meaning that they'd probably retain his staff to coach this season and, as the DC, Braun would be one of the top candidates for interim HC especially since he has no connection to these past shenanigans being in his first year there. So he might only be there a year but he also might have an opportunity to show he can lead a Big Ten program.

bisonaudit
07-10-2023, 01:17 PM
Hazing has been going on for decades. No matter how much groups try to get rid of it, new members bring it back little by little. It must be some innate thing in humans to put artificial barriers in place between existing and new members.

Sure, but there is paying for rookie dinner parties or being made to wear Dora the explorer backpacks through the airport and then there’s gang dry humping in the shower.

Herd
07-10-2023, 08:37 PM
Sounds more like a previous player going on attack against the program, and blowing things way out of proportion. If coach Fitz can be run out of a program, anyone can. I’m not buying this until there much more evidence.

bruinbison
07-10-2023, 10:55 PM
ESPN says he is fired now

NDSU92
07-11-2023, 12:00 AM
LOL how ridiculous.

They find out anything different, or did they just find out that their asses were grass if they didn't actually do something?

Two weeks unpaid vacation to forever unpaid vacation is a bit of a jump there, boys

Bisman
07-11-2023, 12:39 AM
Northwestern Fired Coach Pat Fitzgerald

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/bigten/2023/07/10/pat-fitzgerald-fired-northwestern-football-hazing-scandal/70394723007/

El_Chapo
07-11-2023, 01:15 AM
Welcome Head Coach David Braun! ha ha .

Kevin
07-11-2023, 01:16 AM
Welcome Head Coach David Braun! ha ha .

Likely won’t have a job after the new hire comes in?

El_Chapo
07-11-2023, 01:18 AM
#Northwestern will name an interim coach soon. For now, new defensive coordinator David Braun will serve as a liaison and manage the program, per source.

I think David Braun has a legit shot!

IndyBison
07-11-2023, 03:13 AM
Sure, but there is paying for rookie dinner parties or being made to wear Dora the explorer backpacks through the airport and then there’s gang dry humping in the shower.That's how it starts. What if the player refuses to wear the backpack. They'll punish him for it with something bigger. Then whatever happens to that player, he escalates it a little more the next year. We see it over and over and over in the fraternity world. It's not a direct path, but it's an evolutionary path.

kab1one
07-11-2023, 01:52 PM
That's how it starts. What if the player refuses to wear the backpack. They'll punish him for it with something bigger. Then whatever happens to that player, he escalates it a little more the next year. We see it over and over and over in the fraternity world. It's not a direct path, but it's an evolutionary path.

I had a kid attend the Northwestern FB camp 4 or 5 summers ago. I was very impressed with Coach Fitzgerald end of camp message. He read the kids the riot act in regards to behavior, specifically with the young ladies. He let it be known anyone at the camp that had a Northwestern offer, that was the equivalent of a $80k year job. You will act at the standards of the university and you will not embarrass it.

The Coach noted that beer, drugs, girls, cars are out there. All can impact your scholarship.

He also noted that he was a chicago guy, NW grad, player, came back and coached. You will not make the university look bad.

I was very impressed as it appeared he laid down the law. probably a situation happened and the there was a cover up which many times is worse than the crime.

IndyBison
07-11-2023, 02:32 PM
I had a kid attend the Northwestern FB camp 4 or 5 summers ago. I was very impressed with Coach Fitzgerald end of camp message. He read the kids the riot act in regards to behavior, specifically with the young ladies. He let it be known anyone at the camp that had a Northwestern offer, that was the equivalent of a $80k year job. You will act at the standards of the university and you will not embarrass it.

The Coach noted that beer, drugs, girls, cars are out there. All can impact your scholarship.

He also noted that he was a chicago guy, NW grad, player, came back and coached. You will not make the university look bad.

I was very impressed as it appeared he laid down the law. probably a situation happened and the there was a cover up which many times is worse than the crime.I really hope he wasn't involved because everything you hear about him has been great. He could have left for other places but stayed there. That's the problem with hazing though. A lot of really smart people brush it off as good, clean fun, and some of the minor stuff is. Maybe the details of what these guys were doing were unknown to him, but it sounds like they have some pretty solid evidence with the Shrek lists and visual signals. When a different lens is put on things, it can impact you differently.

My fraternity former executive director is nationally known for a presentation he does called Hazing on Trial. He tells a dramatic story about a having death from the context of the students involved and the experience of sitting in a witness stand defending everything you did. It's a very powerful monolog and impacts everyone who sees it. He's been fighting this fight for decades, but as we say, we get a new group of students every 4 years, and what was taught to the previous group needs to keep getting taught. Hazing isn't everywhere especially at this extreme, but it's still enough places is hard to eliminate. There must be an innate desire in humans to feel they need to earn a position in a group this way.

HerdBot
07-11-2023, 03:12 PM
Talk about being at the right place at the right time. Damn!

Son of a Bison
07-11-2023, 07:01 PM
Would be weird if Braun hired Entz as his DC.

BISONBRI53
07-11-2023, 07:05 PM
Would be weird if Braun hired Entz as his DC.

Weird but WONDERFUL!!!!!

THEsocalledfan
07-11-2023, 08:20 PM
This is quite a deal. I honestly believe Fitz may have not known, but he is still responsible.

Wonder what the trick is for a coach to find out? Put the fear of God into everyone during a personal meeting you need to rat out the bad guys if it is happening? That is easier said than done. All in the era of the transfer portal, which puts in another interesting dynamic where players are becoming more like Gods than college athletes, in their minds.... (ie I can do whatever the f$%^ I want; I'll transfer if they don't like it.)

What a cluster. Hope Fitz lands on his feet and figures out a way to prevent it in his next job. Someone is going to hire him. Great coach.

IndyBison
07-11-2023, 09:07 PM
Would be weird if Braun hired Entz as his DC.He's not the interim coach yet. He's just put on place to manage the team while the identity an interim coach. It could become him, but not yet.

bisonaudit
07-11-2023, 09:16 PM
This is quite a deal. I honestly believe Fitz may have not known, but he is still responsible.

Wonder what the trick is for a coach to find out? Put the fear of God into everyone during a personal meeting you need to rat out the bad guys if it is happening? That is easier said than done. All in the era of the transfer portal, which puts in another interesting dynamic where players are becoming more like Gods than college athletes, in their minds.... (ie I can do whatever the f$%^ I want; I'll transfer if they don't like it.)

What a cluster. Hope Fitz lands on his feet and figures out a way to prevent it in his next job. Someone is going to hire him. Great coach.

Ummmm, apparently he was actively adding people to the “shrek list” during practice with a specific clap that matched what was performed during the hazing. It sure seems like he knew.

scottietohottie
07-11-2023, 09:32 PM
I can't belive they would suspend someone who went 1-11 first before firing. Prefect excuse to get rid of him. 1-11 eh

THEsocalledfan
07-11-2023, 10:37 PM
Ummmm, apparently he was actively adding people to the “shrek list” during practice with a specific clap that matched what was performed during the hazing. It sure seems like he knew.

Source please and not some non reputable website. I don't believe he's that dumb.

bisonaudit
07-11-2023, 10:40 PM
Source please and not some non reputable website. I don't believe he's that dumb.

dailynorthwestern.com

The top 4 stories there are all about what a disaster the football program is including now alleged incidents of racism.

You can believe whatever you want.

Professor Chaos
07-12-2023, 12:36 AM
I'm not so sure this is going to be an all rosy situation for Braun. It sounds like the players are all pissed either that Fitzgerald was fired or the way Fitzgerald was fired since they all found out via social media. There's going to be a huge issue with team morale potentially with players leaving/quitting and he's going to have an administrative microscope on him from the Northwestern brass to make sure everything about the program is being ran on the up and up. Not exactly an ideal situation for a guy sitting in the big seat for the first time in a situation he was likely completely unprepared for in the first place. I'd guess he's going to lean on Entz quite a bit for advice and such.

IndyBison
07-12-2023, 12:41 AM
I'm not so sure this is going to be an all rosy situation for Braun. It sounds like the players are all pissed either that Fitzgerald was fired or the way Fitzgerald was fired since they all found out via social media. There's going to be a huge issue with team morale potentially with players leaving/quitting and he's going to have an administrative microscope on him from the Northwestern brass to make sure everything about the program is being ran on the up and up. Not exactly an ideal situation for a guy sitting in the big seat for the first time in a situation he was likely completely unprepared for in the first place. I'd guess he's going to lean on Entz quite a bit for advice and such.He's not the interim coach. He's just managing things until they name the interim.

Professor Chaos
07-12-2023, 12:43 AM
He's not the interim coach. He's just managing things until they name the interim.

I know I'm just assuming if he is named interim coach.

bisonaudit
I'm not so sure this is going to be an all rosy situation for Braun. It sounds like the players are all pissed either that Fitzgerald was fired or the way Fitzgerald was fired since they all found out via social media. There's going to be a huge issue with team morale potentially with players leaving/quitting and he's going to have an administrative microscope on him from the Northwestern brass to make sure everything about the program is being ran on the up and up. Not exactly an ideal situation for a guy sitting in the big seat for the first time in a situation he was likely completely unprepared for in the first place. I'd guess he's going to lean on Entz quite a bit for advice and such.

Seems like perhaps a bunch of players leaving the program could be a good thing. 1 they weren’t very good 2 the culture clearly needs a reboot 3 how good could morale actually have been in the first place?

scottietohottie

Portal some Bison eh?

GreenfieldBison
07-12-2023, 12:47 AM
Portal some Bison eh?

Don't be giving any ideas there bro!!! Shhhhhhhhh!

THEsocalledfan
07-12-2023, 01:19 AM
dailynorthwestern.com

The top 4 stories there are all about what a disaster the football program is including now alleged incidents of racism.

You can believe whatever you want.

And espn said no evidence found he knew. That is a lot more believable to me.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/37996312/attorney-says-northwestern-fired-coach-pat-fitzgerald-cause

Note he still is responsible, so not saying he is innocent..... he just did not know.

scottietohottie
07-12-2023, 01:29 AM
I'd be willing to bet most 1-11 teams are a complete shit show behind the scenes eh.

bisonaudit
07-12-2023, 01:49 AM
And espn said no evidence found he knew. That is a lot more believable to me.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/37996312/attorney-says-northwestern-fired-coach-pat-fitzgerald-cause

Note he still is responsible, so not saying he is innocent..... he just did not know.

I think the report said that they couldn’t prove he knew, that’s not the same as no evidence. And, yes, he’s responsible either way.

ByeSonBusiness
07-12-2023, 03:48 AM
As audit says, a lack of evidence isn't the absence of knowledge. Idk if he knew or not. That's a them problem, not a me problem. Northwestern may just want to start over, not exactly a football factory trying to win the Big Ten.

I hope he was unaware of the details. If he was, bad deal for him. Hazing is fine, this seems to have went a couple steps further than it should have.

56BISON73
07-12-2023, 03:54 AM
As audit says, a lack of evidence isn't the absence of knowledge. Idk if he knew or not. That's a them problem, not a me problem. Northwestern may just want to start over, not exactly a football factory trying to win the Big Ten.

I hope he was unaware of the details. If he was, bad deal for him. Hazing is fine, this seems to have went a couple steps further than it should have.

Bingo

Its called a loss of institutional control. Pete Carrol can tell you all about it.

bruinbison
07-12-2023, 11:40 AM
Tom VanHaaren
@TomVH
·21h

As a reminder, with the transfer rules, Northwestern players will have a 30-day window to enter their name in the transfer portal if they want to leave because Pat Fitzgerald was fired.

They don’t need to transfer within the 30 days, just enter their name in the portal.

bruinbison
07-12-2023, 11:41 AM
Adam Rittenberg
@ESPNRittenberg
·15h

Northwestern is retaining its assistant coaches and support staff for the 2023 season, the school tells ESPN. The coaches and staff were informed of their status in a meeting with athletic director Derrick Gragg earlier today.

Bisman
07-12-2023, 01:20 PM
Pat Fitzgerald attorney says Northwestern fired coach for cause

https://abc7chicago.com/sports/pat-fitzgerald-attorney-says-northwestern-fired-coach-for-cause/13490962/

Northwestern has not informed Webb whether it is seeking to withhold the remaining salary on Fitzgerald's 10-year contract signed in January 2021. Fitzgerald is owed more than $40 million from the school.

NDSU92
07-12-2023, 01:57 PM
Adam Rittenberg
@ESPNRittenberg
·15h

Northwestern is retaining its assistant coaches and support staff for the 2023 season, the school tells ESPN. The coaches and staff were informed of their status in a meeting with athletic director Derrick Gragg earlier today.

Lol so the players knew, the head coach knew, but the assistant coaches didn’t know and are completely inculpable.

Amazing

bisonaudit
07-12-2023, 02:06 PM
Seems like Northwestern might need a total reboot. The President is demonstrating why he was the second choice. The AD also second choice is out to lunch. Seems like one of the few things he’s done was hire a baseball coach who didn’t make it a season before being investigated for the work environment he fostered. There’s assertions from at least one former player that this has been going on in the football program since at least 2007.

Professor Chaos
07-12-2023, 02:19 PM
Lol so the players knew, the head coach knew, but the assistant coaches didn’t know and are completely inculpable.

Amazing
It's too late to try to put together a new staff before fall camp. They needed a fall guy so the head coach is the obvious choice but if they axed the entire coaching staff they may not have been able to even have a football season this year. They're not going to give up that kind of $$$$ for PR.

NDSU92
07-12-2023, 03:21 PM
It's too late to try to put together a new staff before fall camp. They needed a fall guy so the head coach is the obvious choice but if they axed the entire coaching staff they may not have been able to even have a football season this year. They're not going to give up that kind of $$$$ for PR.

Not PR. Because it would be the right thing to do.

If anything the assistant coaches are more aware what’s going on in the locker room than the head coach.

I’m saying this all tongue in cheek because organizations (even ones as virtue-signally as northwestern) don’t make decisions based on what’s the right thing to do. They do whatever they can get away with, which is why they went from giving the head coach a vacation to instead firing him, only after everything went public.

Herd
07-12-2023, 07:50 PM
Not PR. Because it would be the right thing to do.

If anything the assistant coaches are more aware what’s going on in the locker room than the head coach.

I’m saying this all tongue in cheek because organizations (even ones as virtue-signally as northwestern) don’t make decisions based on what’s the right thing to do. They do whatever they can get away with, which is why they went from giving the head coach a vacation to instead firing him, only after everything went public.

The right thing to do, firing Ast coaches that are new or less than 2 years? Ahhh no, not the right thing.

IndyBison
07-12-2023, 08:20 PM
If there are criminal charges (and there should be if the accusations are true), assistant coaches could be impacted if they are found criminally involved. Unless Northwestern has verifiable evidence of that it's probably best left up to the courts.

I'm not sure if this falls under the jurisdiction of the NCAA policies as well. Institutional control similar to Penn State maybe. I don't have much tolerance for hazing especially that escalates to this level so I hope they are held accountable.

Bisman
07-12-2023, 09:55 PM
Below is what Michigan State paid to the female athletes that were abused by Larry Nassar. How much is Northwestern going to end up paying to the football players that were abused?

The settlement will pay $425 million to the 332 girls and women who have come forward to date, averaging about $1.28 million per victim. Michigan State will set aside an additional $75 million in a trust

fund for any victims who come forward in the future.

bruinbison
07-12-2023, 10:54 PM
Football/Wrestler flips commit from Northwestern to Wisconsin

Dillan M Johnson
@DillanMJohnson1
Dual Sport student athlete! 3⭐️⭐️⭐️ DT 3XHWT Illinois State Champ #1 in Nation #76 D-Line, Class 2024, 6'2 284 4.81 GPA- 700 lb squat, 424 bench, 610 deadlift.
Plainfield, IL

scottietohottie
07-12-2023, 11:42 PM
:facepalm:

scottietohottie
07-13-2023, 12:37 AM
Does anybody else find it ironic that this sort of thing was going on at this sort of school? How did nobody know?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/columnist/mike-freeman/2023/07/11/northwestern-football-scandal-hazing-pat-fitzgerald-racism/70399332007/

And to my simple mind I still don't understand why this guy wasn't just fired for 1-11 eh.

bisonaudit
07-13-2023, 12:52 AM
Does anybody else find it ironic that this sort of thing was going on at this sort of school? How did nobody know?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/columnist/mike-freeman/2023/07/11/northwestern-football-scandal-hazing-pat-fitzgerald-racism/70399332007/

And to my simple mind I still don't understand why this guy wasn't just fired for 1-11 eh.

They’ve been bad on the field the last two years but remember he was also both the best player and the most successful coach in the history of northwestern football. Just signed a 5 year extension and the AD and President are empty suits. You’d think we’d have learned what can happen when you treat coaches like demigods.

NDSU92
07-13-2023, 02:12 AM
Below is what Michigan State paid to the female athletes that were abused by Larry Nassar. How much is Northwestern going to end up paying to the football players that were abused?

The settlement will pay $425 million to the 332 girls and women who have come forward to date, averaging about $1.28 million per victim. Michigan State will set aside an additional $75 million in a trust

fund for any victims who come forward in the future.

You wild if you’re trying to equate this to the Nassar issue

Kevin
07-13-2023, 01:08 PM
Ed orgerons name in the mix for this job.

Geaux fuck yahself will fit chiraq well

The_Sicatoka
07-13-2023, 02:52 PM

But it does, and in some most unbelievable places.
https://nypost.com/2023/03/10/harvard-womens-hockey-team-facing-naked-skates-hazing-claims/

IndyBison
07-14-2023, 12:34 AM
Braun has been upgraded from interim manager to interim had coach. What a crazy opportunity for someone who had never coached at the FBS level. Tough situation but also low expectations.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/38007901/northwestern-defensive-coordinator-david-braun-school-interim-coach-sources-say

Gully
07-14-2023, 12:35 AM
Braun has been upgraded from interim manager to interim had coach. What a crazy opportunity for someone who had never coached at the FBS level. Tough situation but also low expectations.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/38007901/northwestern-defensive-coordinator-david-braun-school-interim-coach-sources-say

It's a tough spot for sure. Hopefully he can pull people together to move forward in a positive way and have some success along the way.

ndsubison1
07-14-2023, 02:22 AM
Its a tough situation for Braun, but if he exceeds expectations I could see Northwestern being a situation where they extend him as head coach.

Bisman
07-14-2023, 08:31 AM
David Braun was named the interim head coach of Northwestern yesterday.

tony
07-14-2023, 02:04 PM
Or for fuck's sake: I'll weed this thread.

But I will invite all white nationalists on this board to leave - you are not welcome here. Saying "it's just another opinion and you have to tolerate it" misses the point that tolerance for other opinions is part of a social contract which white nationalism violates and tries tp pervert.

Gully
07-14-2023, 02:29 PM
LOL. I would like white nationalists to leave the board as well. I just don't think there are any or at worst, many. Read the definition someone posted and then name who on the board you think it applies to.

Maybe we should just stick to sports and NDSU related stuff here.

tony
07-14-2023, 02:50 PM
LOL. I would like white nationalists to leave the board as well. I just don't think there are any or at worst, many. Read the definition someone posted and then name who on the board you think it applies to.

Maybe we should just stick to sports and NDSU related stuff here.

I would rather not discuss this any more - kind of pointless anyway when so many people don't think words have any meaning.

Gully
07-14-2023, 03:39 PM
I would rather not discuss this any more - kind of pointless anyway when so many people don't think words have any meaning.

Agreed. That would be great.

Bisman
07-18-2023, 02:04 AM
Eight former Northwestern players retain lawyer for possible hazing lawsuit

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/bigten/2023/07/17/northwestern-players-retain-lawyer-ben-crump-possible-hazing-lawsuit/70420736007/

NDSU92
07-18-2023, 02:11 PM
Eight former Northwestern players retain lawyer for possible hazing lawsuit

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/bigten/2023/07/17/northwestern-players-retain-lawyer-ben-crump-possible-hazing-lawsuit/70420736007/

Pretty wild. I see their point. I can also see the counterpoint of being where does this lead? People suing their employer because their boss was a jerk? Their peers weren’t nice to them? Are employers going to have to start significantly upping surveillance of their employees to make sure a single employee’s actions don’t lead to a class action lawsuit?

Hammerhead
07-18-2023, 04:05 PM
Pretty wild. I see their point. I can also see the counterpoint of being where does this lead? People suing their employer because their boss was a jerk? Their peers weren’t nice to them? Are employers going to have to start significantly upping surveillance of their employees to make sure a single employee’s actions don’t lead to a class action lawsuit?

That sounds like a slippery slope fallacy. Peers not being nice to someone is a far cry from abuse/harassment while management turns a blind eye or actually condones the bad behavior.

TAILG8R
07-18-2023, 06:51 PM
That sounds like a slippery slope fallacy. Peers not being nice to someone is a far cry from abuse/harassment while management turns a blind eye or actually condones the bad behavior.

And is this management or leaders within an educational structure that are in part meant to mentor and grow young adults?

NDSU92
07-18-2023, 07:45 PM

If hazing is grounds for a civil rights lawsuit, every school district and college in the country is going to be bankrupt.

I’m not saying it doesn’t need to stop. I’m not even saying they shouldn’t sue. I’m just saying that this could have pretty wild implications.

This doesn’t appear to be like the Nassar case in two major ways: 1. The actions weren’t done by an employee, but a peer and 2. The Nassar stuff was reported to people all up and down the chain of command, all the way to the FBI and everyone chose to look the other way.

If so lemme go back to the crap people pulled in high school. There’s probably 10s of millions of kids who have been hazed. Have all of our civil rights been infringed? Where do I sign up?

Bisman
07-19-2023, 02:55 PM
Former Northwestern quarterback Lloyd Yates opens up on alleged hazing amid lawsuit

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/2023/07/18/former-northwestern-quarterback-opens-up-about-alleged-hazing/70428137007/

Bisman
07-23-2023, 02:40 PM
Northwestern hazing scandal could be biggest ever in college sports, attorney says

https://abc7chicago.com/northwestern-football-hazing-scandal-locker-room/13530598/

scottietohottie
07-23-2023, 03:45 PM
It was OK until it wasn't OK eh.

Professor Chaos
07-23-2023, 09:29 PM
Northwestern hazing scandal could be biggest ever in college sports, attorney says

https://abc7chicago.com/northwestern-football-hazing-scandal-locker-room/13530598/
That attorney definitely hopes it is.

scottietohottie
07-27-2023, 01:05 AM
https://www.si.com/.amp/college/2023/07/26/former-minnesota-football-players-allegations-toxic-culture-pj-fleck

Done opened a can of worms eh.

bisonaudit
07-27-2023, 03:57 AM
https://www.si.com/.amp/college/2023/07/26/former-minnesota-football-players-allegations-toxic-culture-pj-fleck

That’s only going to get worse as long as the administration continues to “row the boat”.

runtheoption
07-27-2023, 01:57 PM

Exercise punishment is a no-no? Rocky made me do a bunch of sprints (I can't remember if it it was 120's or 240's, back of the EZ to the back of other EZ) for being in a bar as a minor. I wasn't cited by the police, but a couple of the captains saw me in there. I thought the so called "exercise punishment" administered that day was completely appropriate and nor excessive. Plus, it was really good conditioning!!!

ndsubison1
07-27-2023, 06:21 PM
Northwestern's David Braun shows conviction while undertaking unenviable task of saving wounded program (msn.com) (https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/northwestern-s-david-braun-shows-conviction-while-undertaking-unenviable-task-of-saving-wounded-program/ar-AA1erwmX?rc=1&ocid=winp1taskbar&cvid=d0e1bd16f0794933fb4aaf5874888a02&ei=18)

Gully
07-28-2023, 01:54 AM
I don't know that I ever played a sport where I wasn't punished with conditioning.

bisonaudit
07-28-2023, 02:56 AM
I don't know that I ever played a sport where I wasn't punished with conditioning.

If it weren’t for all of the cult of personality stuff, mandatory ovations for a dude named PJ upon entering rooms and the like, I’m not sure anyone would be very concerned about extra cardio (beyond the silly notion of perverting something that’s good for both the player and the team into a method of punishment). But kudos to you both for pick out the least damning thing in the story and make that your focus.

scottietohottie
07-28-2023, 03:38 AM
If it weren’t for all of the cult of personality stuff, mandatory ovations for a dude named PJ upon entering rooms and the like, I’m not sure anyone would be very concerned about extra cardio (beyond the silly notion of perverting something that’s good for both the player and the team into a method of punishment). But kudos to you both for pick out the least damning thing in the story and make that your focus.

Well the reason I shared it was because I think it's the new norm eh. If they don't transfer portal out they're going to bitch about the coaches from here on out eh. Soft ass little bitches is what we call men nowadays eh. Blame covid. I was just thinking about that today too. You sure don't hear about anybody getting covid anymore. Must have cured it eh.

56BISON73
07-28-2023, 04:28 AM

Truth...............

bruinbison
07-28-2023, 10:47 AM
Portal news for Northwestern

Incoming freshman OL Dylan Senda entered his name in the transfer portal on Thursday, becoming the fifth Northwestern player and fourth member of its Class of 2023 to do so since the firing of head coach Pat Fitzgerald on July 10.

https://northwestern.rivals.com/news/ol-dylan-senda-enters-the-transfer-portal

NDSU92
07-28-2023, 11:14 AM

Are you honestly surprised about anything you read there? The guy is a nut job, obviously he forces people underneath him to worship him. I would put money that he has a tattoo of his own face somewhere on his body.

I hate Fleck I think he’s an obnoxious self centered idiot. But if that’s the best hit piece someone can come up with while using anonymous former players unwilling to put their name to it, I think that’s pretty mild. You’ll see that at any football program you dig into.

GreenfieldBison
07-28-2023, 12:45 PM
Well the reason I shared it was because I think it's the new norm eh. If they don't transfer portal out they're going to bitch about the coaches from here on out eh. Soft ass little bitches is what we call men nowadays eh. Blame covid. I was just thinking about that today too. You sure don't hear about anybody getting covid anymore. Must have cured it eh.

Nope, still a thing. Just not a top 3 killer anymore. Now it’s endemic, not pandemic.

And, if you go to a clinic, assisted living residence, nursing home, etc. then you will indeed hear about it.

But you knew all this already.

BigLakeBison
07-28-2023, 12:55 PM
Are you honestly surprised about anything you read there? The guy is a nut job, obviously he forces people underneath him to worship him. I would put money that he has a tattoo of his own face somewhere on his body.

I hate Fleck I think he’s an obnoxious self centered idiot. But if that’s the best hit piece someone can come up with while using anonymous former players unwilling to put their name to it, I think that’s pretty mild. You’ll see that at any football program you dig into.

I cringe everytime I hear Fleck on with Twin Cities media. He's too over the top for me. However, anyone that chose to play for him and the UM program knew that going in because he in no way tries to hide it. As much as I cringe at it, he believes in his system and ideals and he wears it on his sleeve. Any player or former staff member trying to come back with this stuff now just reeks of sour grapes. If something more serious than what is in this fluff piece comes out, than I might change my mind but this seems like a total nothingburger.

scottietohottie
07-28-2023, 01:08 PM
But you knew all this already.

Nah bro. Haven't heard a peep about it in a longtime eh.

EC8CH
07-28-2023, 01:22 PM
Nah bro. Haven't heard a peep about it in a longtime eh.

Well then... Must be true eh?

runtheoption
07-28-2023, 01:47 PM

And kudos to you for once again being the smartest guy in the room and blessing us with your amazing wisdom and humbleness.

Hammerhead
07-28-2023, 02:09 PM

It's not cured. We were planning to have a friend join us on road trip to Bismarck this weekend, but her mother came home from France with COVID and now all 5 people in their household have it.

Hammerhead
07-28-2023, 02:14 PM

Truth. My high school soccer team even had some team punishments where we all had to sprint around the softball complex even though some of us were practicing hard and not goofing off. Then there was parochial school where some kids had to hold books with their arms straight out or just stand with your nose touching the blackboard for a certain length of time.

Gully
07-28-2023, 03:44 PM

Pick out? I haven't even read the story. I was just reacting to the comments about conditioning as punishment as I found it odd that would be a problem. Seems like that struck a nerve with you somehow but whatever.

Gully
07-28-2023, 03:47 PM
And kudos to you for once again being the smartest guy in the room and blessing us with your amazing wisdom and humbleness.

bingo.........

Gully
07-28-2023, 03:50 PM
It's not cured. We were planning to have a friend join us on road trip to Bismarck this weekend, but her mother came home from France with COVID and now all 5 people in their household have it.

So what? People have always gotten sick and that will never change. It's not that COVID is over in the sense that the virus is gone, it's over in the sense of thinking we need to react so aggressively regarding otherwise healthy people.

If someone is at a high risk for whatever reason, then yes, they probably should take extra precautions but for most people it's just not that risky.

Buthockey
07-28-2023, 11:19 PM
It’ll get really bad again in about 14-15 months eh?

56BISON73
07-29-2023, 12:23 AM
I cringe everytime I hear Fleck on with Twin Cities media. He's too over the top for me. However, anyone that chose to play for him and the UM program knew that going in because he in no way tries to hide it. As much as I cringe at it, he believes in his system and ideals and he wears it on his sleeve. Any player or former staff member trying to come back with this stuff now just reeks of sour grapes. If something more serious than what is in this fluff piece comes out, than I might change my mind but this seems like a total nothingburger.

This we can agree on.

El_Chapo
08-23-2023, 06:24 PM
Well, David Braun himself says he was gone from NDSU in December... no wonder in frisco our D shit the bed. wow.

Inside NU
@insidenu
·
37m
Braun on the whirlwind of the last few months, from NDSU DC to B1G HC: “If you would’ve told me back in December that this was the story, I would have laughed and thought you were crazy.”

Shouted out his wife and kids, coaches, community, alumni and staff for their support.

BISONBRI53
08-23-2023, 06:47 PM
Well, David Braun himself says he was gone from NDSU in December... no wonder in frisco our D shit the bed. wow.

Inside NU
@insidenu
·
37m
Braun on the whirlwind of the last few months, from NDSU DC to B1G HC: “If you would’ve told me back in December that this was the story, I would have laughed and thought you were crazy.”

Shouted out his wife and kids, coaches, community, alumni and staff for their support.

Shouldn't be an excuse... Our HC was our DC...

TAILG8R
08-23-2023, 06:58 PM

Inside NU
@insidenu
·
37m

I'm trying to figure out where he said he was gone in Dec?

El_Chapo
08-23-2023, 09:33 PM
if you told me back in December...aka. I got this offer in December and my focus was on Northwestern..

GCWaters
08-23-2023, 09:37 PM
if you told me back in December...aka. I got this offer in December and my focus was on Northwestern..

Or, "if you told me back in December, when I was NDSU DC....."

TAILG8R
08-23-2023, 09:42 PM

Do you know how the phrase if you told me back ... works?

The user of the phrase picks a date before they knew anything of what has transpired. Which means any literate person would see his comment and realize he is saying that if you told him before he knew he was going to Northwestern that he would not only go there but all of this other shit would happen he obviously wouldn't have believe it.

bruinbison
09-24-2023, 01:53 AM
Minnesota handling Northwestern so far 24-10
@ Northwestern on BTN

HerdBot
09-24-2023, 03:20 AM
Minnesota handling Northwestern so far 24-10
@ Northwestern on BTN

Overtime Northwestern wins!

bisonaudit
09-24-2023, 03:24 AM
Overtime Northwestern wins!

Goohers gave up like 40 yards of field position on the tying drive with penalties and stupidity.

Professor Chaos
09-24-2023, 03:34 AM
Row that boat!

https://c.tenor.com/c6V9dAipbKwAAAAM/bye-bourne.gif

Civil06
09-24-2023, 03:51 AM
All in front of about 10,000 fans.

TAILG8R
09-24-2023, 04:48 AM
Hahaha deelicious!!!

Gophers will always suck. Mostly because the entire program from top to bottom inside out still thinks it’s 1961 and they have any relevance what so ever.

In all my years of listening to sports talk radio I can’t think of one time I heard conversation about the gophers other than on KFAN of course.

They’ll never be able to dig down and build that program right because they think they are already in the top tier.

Oh and PJ Fleck is a fucktard. Brewster 2.0

Wolfie
09-24-2023, 01:01 PM
Hahaha deelicious!!!

Gophers will always suck. Mostly because the entire program from top to bottom inside out still thinks it’s 1961 and they have any relevance what so ever.

In all my years of listening to sports talk radio I can’t think of one time I heard conversation about the gophers other than on KFAN of course.

They’ll never be able to dig down and build that program right because they think they are already in the top tier.

Oh and PJ Fleck is a fucktard. Brewster 2.0

Fleck isn't Brewster 2.0 - not by a long shot. He talks big, that is about the only relevance.
He's much more like a Glen Mason clone. Most years they will be slightly above average record-wise due to weak non conference schedule, win a few easy games in the Big 10, maybe get one upset, and then get an average bowl game that no one will care about.

scottietohottie
09-24-2023, 01:38 PM
Pretty good coxswain though eh.

TAILG8R
09-24-2023, 01:44 PM
Fleck isn't Brewster 2.0 - not by a long shot. He talks big, that is about the only relevance.
He's much more like a Glen Mason clone. Most years they will be slightly above average record-wise due to weak non conference schedule, win a few easy games in the Big 10, maybe get one upset, and then get an average bowl game that no one will care about.

Perfect fit for a program that loves to dwell in mediocrity and pretend they’re relevant.

bruinbison
09-24-2023, 05:52 PM
Did not know the Gophers lost until watching the Vikings….
Wow! In the part of the game I watched, they were running
a lot of their slow developing RPO - not a fan of not having any quick hitting runs jmo - but it worked well enough I thought the boat was good…instead it hit a purple iceberg…Yikes!
Good victory for Coach Braun!

Hammerhead
09-26-2023, 06:07 PM
I was flipping between games on Saturday and more focused on Notre Dame/OSU and was surprised to see it was close when the Notre Game game was over. My poor wife fell asleep and wasn't happy to hear that her two favorite FBS teams lost. :(

Buffalo
10-01-2023, 09:10 PM
Blowing a 21 point lead against a team like northwestern hurts. Shouldn’t have happened.

KSBisonFan
11-11-2023, 10:58 PM
Northwestern beat Wisconsin today to go 5-5 and has a great shot at getting to a bowl game. Their remaining games are against Purdue and Illinois.

TAILG8R
11-11-2023, 11:00 PM
Northwestern beat Wisconsin today to go 5-5 and has a great shot at getting to a bowl game. Their remaining games are against Purdue and Illinois.

That would be pretty sweet for Braun and you’d think at this point he has earned serious consideration to continue as head coach.

scottietohottie
11-11-2023, 11:03 PM

6 wins to keep the dukes out eh!!!!

El_Chapo
11-12-2023, 12:35 AM
Just amazing what he has done there.

ndsu tree is insane

bruinbison
11-12-2023, 01:20 PM
Just amazing what he has done there.

ndsu tree is insane

David Braun was a DLineman at Winona State when Matt Entz was Defensive Coordinator there. Braun got his coaching start as a Graduate Assistant at D2 Winona while Entz was still there as the DCoordinator.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Braun_(American_football)

Northwestern Football
@NUFBFamily

The First Northwestern Head Coach with 5+ wins in his first season in 120 years.

KSBisonFan
11-12-2023, 09:21 PM
https://www.insidenu.com/2023/11/12/23957479/david-braun-should-be-northwesterns-next-head-football-coach

I'd be shocked if he doesn't get the job on a permanent basis.

heffray
11-12-2023, 09:31 PM
https://www.insidenu.com/2023/11/12/23957479/david-braun-should-be-northwesterns-next-head-football-coach

I'd be shocked if he doesn't get the job on a permanent basis.

If he doesn’t, NDSU should just straight up offer him Entz’s job…

TAILG8R
11-12-2023, 09:53 PM
If he doesn’t, NDSU should just straight up offer him Entz’s job…

No reason to take a pay cut. If Northwestern is too stupid to give him the job someone else will.

B.Schlossman Fan Club
11-15-2023, 07:03 PM
Braun gets the head coach job at NWern, well deserved

Question is who does he hire on a permanent basis? Entz? Bohl if he doesn’t get extended?

El_Chapo
11-15-2023, 07:06 PM
@PeteThamel
Sources: Northwestern is expected to hire interim coach David Braun as the school’s permanent head coach. Braun has Northwestern at 5-5 after a 1-11 season last year.

WOW

Coach Entz DC you know ENTZ would rather do that then get crushed here in fargo by fans.

BISONBRI53
11-15-2023, 07:12 PM
Braun new Head Coach... First reported on Bisonnation.com :D:D:D

TAILG8R
11-15-2023, 07:17 PM
Braun new Head Coach... First reported on Bisonnation.com :D:D:D

Bisonville needs a short code so we can all "get the text".

KSBisonFan
11-18-2023, 08:04 PM
Northwestern beat Purdue today and gets to 6-5 and bowl eligible.