PDA

View Full Version : Former Bison Dan Smrekar retires

ndsubison1
04-24-2023, 02:54 PM
Former Bison Player Dan Smrekar has retired as the Bismarck St Mary's Football Coach. Coached there for I believe 45 years with a 295-186 record and 8 state titles.

MBP
04-24-2023, 05:13 PM
He deserves to be in the HOF! Hell of a guy!

Jim Puetz
04-24-2023, 11:53 PM
Smeaks is a great guy, great coach. Kids love playing for him. I loved playing for him. I was a junior DB and special teamer on his first team. Every time I see him we laugh about all the stupid shit I did when I played for him. He deserves a great retirement.

southcliffbison
04-25-2023, 12:00 AM
Smeaks is a great guy, great coach. Kids love playing for him. I loved playing for him. I was a junior DB and special teamer on his first team. Every time I see him we laugh about all the stupid shit I did when I played for him. He deserves a great retirement.

Darn, you must be old.......but not as old as I am. I was attending NDSU when he played for Erhardt.

56BISON73
04-25-2023, 04:57 AM

His last year was my red shirt year.

No_Skill
04-25-2023, 08:22 PM
He was my freshman high school science teacher. Such a great guy. One of my favorite teachers.