PDA

View Full Version : NDSU WIU Gameday

El_Chapo
02-25-2023, 02:43 PM
wow a women's thread started b4 this. shame!

probably the last chance to see Grant Nelson in a NDSU I wl be there to see that hopefully it's a big crowd today.

if we can stop Massner we win

NDSU favored by 8.5

El_Chapo
02-25-2023, 05:54 PM
lots of people waiting in line to buy tickets.
should be a good crowd

Bison03
02-25-2023, 05:59 PM
Got to have some all word defense on Massner. He can score in bunches. Hold him at 25 and under and I like our chances.

El_Chapo
02-25-2023, 06:28 PM
22-16...

NDSU dominating when they get ball low in paint... need more of that

heffray
02-25-2023, 06:30 PM
Got to have some all word defense on Massner. He can score in bunches. Hold him at 25 and under and I like our chances.

So far so good. White is doing better than WT so far…

Btw, I think Jacari’s nickname should be “The Skull”…

El_Chapo
02-25-2023, 06:36 PM
Grant with another 3. then a great block.

wiu looks like they are done. down 12

tcbison
02-25-2023, 06:40 PM
I really liked Boden Skunberg's game. He is more aggressive on offense and is fun to watch. 13 points already for him and Nelson also has 13 points. The ND boys are leading the way again!

dufferole
02-25-2023, 06:51 PM
Bison up 42 to 31 at halftime.

blackdiamond2
02-25-2023, 06:56 PM
Richmond half time interview...Stands looking at ref for a minute then commences the half time interview with Logan.

First thing out of mouth. We are up 11 but first thing out of his mouth is we should be up 15 to 16 and that we need to rebound better. (We are up 16 to 13 on rebounds right now give up 4 offensive boards - bizarre comments in my book). Really negative thoughts for being up 11 dominating this game thus far.

EC8CH
02-25-2023, 06:57 PM
Richmond half time interview...Stands looking at ref for a minute then commences the half time interview with Logan.

First thing out of mouth. We are up 11 but first thing out of his mouth is we should be up 15 to 16 and that we need to rebound better. (We are up 16 to 13 on rebounds right now give up 4 offensive boards - bizarre comments in my book). Really negative thoughts for being up 11 dominating this game thus far.

Dave demands chases perfection to catch excellence. Also approaching Summit League Tournament level Dave.

Also... It's Richman

tcbison
02-25-2023, 07:03 PM

My first thoughts after seeing this interview is who pissed in Dave's Cheerios? Seems a bit negative but I guess that is his shtick. This team has gotten a lot better this year and the offense is fun to watch.

El_Chapo
02-25-2023, 07:22 PM
a scoring lull here... allowing wiu back in a bit

Bison03
02-25-2023, 07:23 PM
Grant and Boden need to take over.

El_Chapo
02-25-2023, 07:30 PM
run a SET play for Grant and get momentum back WTF

2 PT GAME

semobison
02-25-2023, 07:31 PM
Bison struggling agains the pressure. Get the ball into the middle of the floor and attack. Lead down to 2, Nelson picks up his 4th..it’s slipping away.

SDbison
02-25-2023, 07:31 PM
Bison choking.

Bison03
02-25-2023, 07:32 PM
Horrible charge call on Grant

blackdiamond2
02-25-2023, 07:33 PM
We are way to stagnant right now on offense. We are throwing it to Nelson in Midmost but he isn't doing anything with it. We need get it him closer to basket.

Portlandbison
02-25-2023, 07:35 PM
15-2 wiu run after benching white after a turnover at the 10 min mark

heffray
02-25-2023, 07:38 PM

Bingo. You take The Skull off Messner and he goes off for 15.

El_Chapo
02-25-2023, 07:43 PM

White is Kory Brown 2.0. need him in

tcbison
02-25-2023, 07:50 PM
Boden Skunberg for the walk off win!

Gully
02-25-2023, 07:51 PM
Nice shot to win by Skunberg but WTH did they do the last 10 minutes?

Grant is a really good player, potential to be great in another year but I'm not seeing the NBA hype, honestly.

El_Chapo
02-25-2023, 08:06 PM
Boden = Boom

Bison03
02-25-2023, 08:12 PM
What a game! What a finish!

heffray
02-25-2023, 08:14 PM
What a game! What a finish!

Fun finish. But blowing a lead like that sucks. Not sure what you can do when Messner goes off like that.

semobison
02-25-2023, 08:28 PM
Boden with the winner but DWT with two big hoops late when we fell behind. I was thinking, with all the attention Grant was getting, someone needed to step up. Our young PG did.

About White…He was playing well, had a couple careless turnovers and his participation was over. As a coach, you take him out, scold him, then Pat him on the back and get him back in the game.

I haven’t been overly critical about our coach but damn, it would be hard to play for that guy.

Don’t get me started on how to attack full court defensive pressure!

heffray
02-25-2023, 08:30 PM
Boden with the winner but DWT with two big hoops late when we fell behind. I was thinking, with all the attention Grant was getting, someone needed to step up. Our young PG did.

About White…He was playing well, had a couple careless turnovers and his participation was over. As a coach, you take him out, scold him, then Pat him on the back and get him back in the game.

I haven’t been overly critical about our coach but damn, it would be hard to play for that guy.

Agree with all of this… they did not look comfortable against the press.

tolnabison
02-25-2023, 09:08 PM
Boden = Boom

Nothing better than our two best players from being North Dakota. Only getting offers from us right? Being from towns that have a couple hundred more people than Hoople.

heffray
02-25-2023, 09:19 PM
Nothing better than our two best players from being North Dakota. Only getting offers from us right? Being from towns that have a couple hundred more people than Hoople.

bUt ThEy CaN’t PlAy BaSkEtBaLl In SmAlL tOwNs…

dufferole
02-25-2023, 09:32 PM

I agree. He is tough on his players. I wonder how many will leave this year.

unbison
02-25-2023, 09:41 PM
White is Kory Brown 2.0. need him in

You truly can’t compare the 2

phxbison
02-25-2023, 10:15 PM

White needs to be in the game handling the ball in the last five minutes not Waddles.

Professor Chaos
02-25-2023, 11:33 PM
White needs to be in the game handling the ball in the last five minutes not Waddles.
Or instead of Miller... to my layman's eyes I saw a lot of lazy plays from Miller out there and he wasn't effective at all on the offensive end today while getting backed down numerous times by the bigger stronger WIU players he was guarding on the defensive end. White is better on both ends of the floor IMO and was especially today. He should've been taking at least some of Miller's 2nd half minutes.

El_Chapo
02-26-2023, 12:16 AM
You truly can’t compare the 2

you loved KB! but white can score.
blowing 13 pt lead not cool
so we got KC or USD then sdsu

EC8CH
02-26-2023, 01:45 AM
Morgan and White were in Dave's doghouse. Them on bench made game closer than it needed to be. White has really impressed how far he's come since the beginning of the year.

El_Chapo
02-26-2023, 03:03 AM
Morgan was open for easy layups early in the game and no one fed him. I don't blame him for getting frustrated

CalBison97
02-26-2023, 12:36 PM
I agree. He is tough on his players. I wonder how many will leave this year.

I predict Grant and Morgan along with a couple of role players.

ndsubison1
02-26-2023, 02:17 PM
Lets gets Massner some money to transfer here.

Elvis was a Bison
02-26-2023, 02:39 PM
Boden's game-winner on Sportscenter's Ludicrous Finishes segment on Sunday AM. More good rep for NDSU.

KSBisonFan
02-26-2023, 03:06 PM
It was either the postgame interview or the presser where Dave said something to the effect of behavior like that can't happen. He used the word "behavior" which I thought was an odd choice of words.
Did something happen on the sideline with a player that we didn't see on the broadcast?

phxbison
02-26-2023, 03:08 PM
Or instead of Miller... to my layman's eyes I saw a lot of lazy plays from Miller out there and he wasn't effective at all on the offensive end today while getting backed down numerous times by the bigger stronger WIU players he was guarding on the defensive end. White is better on both ends of the floor IMO and was especially today. He should've been taking at least some of Miller's 2nd half minutes.

Totally agree with you, White should be getting way more minutes than both Waddles and Miller. To my eyes he's a far superior player.

El_Chapo
02-26-2023, 04:36 PM
It was either the postgame interview or the presser where Dave said something to the effect of behavior like that can't happen. He used the word "behavior" which I thought was an odd choice of words.
Did something happen on the sideline with a player that we didn't see on the broadcast?

Morgan was benched .

bisonfan08
02-27-2023, 02:15 PM
"Body language, attitude and entitlement" were the words used by Richman. Look I get it, you have your standard but my issue with Dave is that he doesn't let his guys go back out and prove they understand. White and Morgan sitting for the final 12 minutes while Massner was going off on us and we had no rhythm on offense and Morgan in the post could've helped was just selfish by Dave. He calls the players selfish but may need to look in the mirror a bit. I'm with what was said earlier about you pull them out, have your teaching moment with them, let them know if it happens again you're done and get him back in the game and give them another shot.

Now that being said it was the last game of the regular season, these guys have been playing for Dave all year, they know what he expects and I'm sure Dave's probably told them 100 times so it may have just been an instance of Dave finally having enough and saying hey you've had all the chances I'm willing to give and now you sit. When all is said and done I have no issue with the benching, I do have a big issue with how it's handled in the post game interviews. You can generalize it and say we have some attitude things we need to clean up but to throw the players under the bus like that and say we would've been better off losing is a bad look.

Mr Meaty
02-27-2023, 03:39 PM
"Body language, attitude and entitlement" were the words used by Richman. Look I get it, you have your standard but my issue with Dave is that he doesn't let his guys go back out and prove they understand. White and Morgan sitting for the final 12 minutes while Massner was going off on us and we had no rhythm on offense and Morgan in the post could've helped was just selfish by Dave. He calls the players selfish but may need to look in the mirror a bit. I'm with what was said earlier about you pull them out, have your teaching moment with them, let them know if it happens again you're done and get him back in the game and give them another shot.

Now that being said it was the last game of the regular season, these guys have been playing for Dave all year, they know what he expects and I'm sure Dave's probably told them 100 times so it may have just been an instance of Dave finally having enough and saying hey you've had all the chances I'm willing to give and now you sit. When all is said and done I have no issue with the benching, I do have a big issue with how it's handled in the post game interviews. You can generalize it and say we have some attitude things we need to clean up but to throw the players under the bus like that and say we would've been better off losing is a bad look.

Leave the comments to the locker room and not courtside after your players just saved the game. Agree with you about pulling players out and have a teaching moment with them and get them right back out there. I dont want players playing afraid of the other team or your own coach.

Kujava23
02-27-2023, 05:07 PM

Being devils advocate here-----White got the steal and was leading a 3-1 break and did a no look flair bounce pass that was behind guy filling lane and resulted in a turnover-----that got Richy mad

thannnnnnn the drive off pass from Grant----jump to pass (which is my pet peeve) and flicked ball blindly over his head ----out of bounds----was his 2nd attempt----which Richy was pissed because when struggling to score and other team on a run....really wants to VALUE the POSSESSION (means run offense with interchange for 25 seconds on the 3 point line) before shooting

Kujava23
02-27-2023, 05:10 PM

I AGREE WITH YOU TOO!!!

Richy's so arrogant and stubborn that he is bypassing "perception" to him being pissed that how dare myyyyy players do something wrong-------LOL just made me think of FEW GOOD MEN----"youre damn right I ordered the code red!!!!" Bet media could get Richy to yell it.....with more probing questions

Kujava23
02-27-2023, 05:12 PM
Leave the comments to the locker room and not courtside after your players just saved the game. Agree with you about pulling players out and have a teaching moment with them and get them right back out there. I dont want players playing afraid of the other team or your own coach.

EXACTLY------ you can be happy or relived that your team DID PULL off a BIG WIN to help your team in the SLT

Coach UP your YOUNG TEAM in locker room

BUT BE MORE PROFESSIONAL in POST GAME INTERVIEWS

bisonfan08
02-27-2023, 05:19 PM
Being devils advocate here-----White got the steal and was leading a 3-1 break and did a no look flair bounce pass that was behind guy filling lane and resulted in a turnover-----that got Richy mad

thannnnnnn the drive off pass from Grant----jump to pass (which is my pet peeve) and flicked ball blindly over his head ----out of bounds----was his 2nd attempt----which Richy was pissed because when struggling to score and other team on a run....really wants to VALUE the POSSESSION (means run offense with interchange for 25 seconds on the 3 point line) before shooting

Oh I agree he made 2 bad passes but he was also playing fantastic on the defensive end. Pull him out of the game, let him know to take better care of the ball and get him back out there. But as I said, Dave's likely been preaching that all season long and just had enough and wanted to make his point.

heffray
02-27-2023, 05:58 PM

Holy shit dude if you ever use that yellow font again…

Bisonator98
02-27-2023, 06:45 PM
Oh I agree he made 2 bad passes but he was also playing fantastic on the defensive end. Pull him out of the game, let him know to take better care of the ball and get him back out there. But as I said, Dave's likely been preaching that all season long and just had enough and wanted to make his point.

This was my beef with it. White had a couple bad plays but was overall doing a great job and then just like that he's on the bench and Daves fine with letting WIU nearly win the game. Guy needs to realize he's paid to win games not just be a stubborn ahole because he's getting contract extensions in the dark. Talk about entitled!

Mr Meaty
02-27-2023, 07:16 PM
This was my beef with it. White had a couple bad plays but was overall doing a great job and then just like that he's on the bench and Daves fine with letting WIU nearly win the game. Guy needs to realize he's paid to win games not just be a stubborn ahole because he's getting contract extensions in the dark. Talk about entitled!

:judges: Winning final statement.

Kujava23
02-27-2023, 08:55 PM

Agree-----Richy won't budge too----we've seen that and doesn't matter if for better or worse for the team

Kujava23
02-27-2023, 08:56 PM
Holy shit dude if you ever use that yellow font again…

Yeah my bad---tried to HIGHLIGHT it.....font sucked axx sorry

Kujava23
02-27-2023, 08:56 PM

PREACH!!!!! that's Richy's entire coaching career summed up

heffray
02-27-2023, 09:59 PM
Yeah my bad---tried to HIGHLIGHT it.....font sucked axx sorry

Phew. Glad to hear it was an accident. The only way I could read those letters was if I stared at it for 2 minutes then closed my eyes and read it on the back of my eyelids.

dufferole
02-27-2023, 10:09 PM
Boden's game winner made it on today's PTI on ESPN.

El_Chapo
02-28-2023, 02:05 AM
PREACH!!!!! that's Richy's entire coaching career summed up

just move all these posts to the richy thread
we are 12-16 & 3 wins over 150, 167 & 200 ranked teams then rest are 250-315

unbison
02-28-2023, 10:59 AM
Agree-----Richy won't budge too----we've seen that and doesn't matter if for better or worse for the team

He pulled Jacari aside after several turnovers and then pulled him
I loved what Jacari was doing on the defensive end and at times on the offensive end
But what I saw was a classic example of progressive discipline which is what all you touchy feely people want is it not