PDA

View Full Version : Breakout 2022 Freshman in 2023 season...

El_Chapo
02-24-2023, 02:19 PM
Any Insight? I want to believe in 1 or 2 of these kids to make the jump to be a starter/contributor for NDSU football in 2023... but I just don't see it with this Class.

Mehki Collins/Carson Hegerle maybe?

WHO YOU GOT?

Fall Commitments (31) Note: the positions listed are just guesses:

Austin Altepeter, 6-2, 210, LB, Moorhead, MN
Toby Anene, 6-3, 230, OLB, Woodbury (East Ridge), MN
Hudson Artz, 6-0, 180, WR/DB, Fairmont, MN
Kelby Azure, 6-4, 240, TE, Northwood, ND
Ashton Beers, 6-6, 300, OL, Slinger, WI (LOST to Minnesota)
Trevor Brown, 6-2, 272, DL/OL, Waverly, NE
Allante Burley, DE, 6-1, 242, Lawrenceville (Peachtree Ridge), GA
Kaden Chadwick, 6-5, 265, OL, Velva, ND
Mekhi Collins, 6-5, 205, WR, Mankato (West), MN
Mason Ellis, 6-2, 170, DB, Mulvane, KS (LOST to Kansas)
Kellen Entz, 6-4, 200, WR, West Fargo (Sheyenne), ND
Nate Forystek, 6-7, 240, TE, Green Bay (Bay Port), WI
Darius Givance, 6-2, 195, DB, Champlin (Champlin Park), MN
Ben Goldy, 6-8, 295, OL, Rapid City (Stevens), SD
John Gores, 5-6, 155, WR/DB, Fargo (Shanley), ND
Nathan Hayes, 6-4, 200, QB, St. Charles (East), IL
Carson Hegerle, 6-3, 180, WR, West Fargo, ND
Kegan Huber, 6-0, 175, DB/ATH, Lake Geneva (Badger), WI
John Kaczor, 6-3, 280, DT, St. Cloud (Tech), MN
Jacob Kelly, 6-4, 215, WR/TE, Bemidji, MN
Drew Klein, 5-10, 165, K, Hortonville, WI
Luke Kokat, 6-4, 225, Racine (Union Grove), WI
Logan Larson, 6-3, 260, DL, Woodbury (East Ridge), MN
Devin Lockerby, 6-5, 300, OG, Faribault, MN
Josh Magin, 6-6, 235, LB/DL, Shakopee, MN
Kelton McCaslin, 6-5, 220, DE, St. Charles (St. Charles East), IL
Mateo Noriega, 6-5, 270, OL, Burnsville, MN
Max Rader, 6-6, 250, DE/OL, Green Bay (Notre Dame), WI
Brit Senftner, 6-3, 185, LB/WR, Bismarck (St. Mary's), ND
Nathaniel Staehling, 6-2, 215, LB, Baxter (Brainerd), MN
Cedric Wall, 6-1, 165, WR, Rosemount, MN
Gannon Williams, 6-4, 220, TE/LB, Marshalltown, IA
Kaden Zenzen, 6-4. 205, TE, Barnesville, MN

Second signing period:
Jaquise Alexander, 5-10, 165, CB, Ruskin (Tampa Bay Catholic), FL
Caleb Bowers, 6-2, 220, LS, Whitefish Bay, WI
Isaac Hyland, 5-10, 165, ATH, Fond du Lac (St. Mary's Spring Academy), WI

heffray
02-24-2023, 02:39 PM
Going with Azure since all we have is Stoeffel coming back and we’ll need depth.

KSBisonFan
02-24-2023, 02:44 PM
We're going to be thin in the secondary so I'd start there. Some young guys are going to have to step up in a hurry.

thunderingherd
02-24-2023, 02:51 PM
Anyone not smiling in their roster picture or anyone with a great year 1 beard.

mtoutfitter
02-24-2023, 02:55 PM
Anyone not smiling in their roster picture or anyone with a great year 1 beard.

Trevor Brown is a winner on both!

thunderingherd
02-24-2023, 03:01 PM
Trevor Brown is a winner on both!

HAHAHA.. I was just going to edit my post to include "look for Trevor Brown to explode this year". You beat me to it.

El_Chapo
02-24-2023, 03:02 PM
Going with Azure since all we have is Stoeffel coming back and we’ll need depth.

Good Point. Nate Forystek 6 7 240 with that height/size you'd think he'd get a look at TE>

KSBisonFan
02-24-2023, 03:05 PM
Good Point. Nate Forystek 6 7 240 with that height/size you'd think he'd get a look at TE>

GoBison lists him at 6'5". Cue Gabe with some height analysis.

Kevin
02-24-2023, 03:23 PM
I'd say Hegerle but I know we're going to run QB power 37 times a game instead.

HerdBot
02-24-2023, 03:23 PM
Kelton McCaslin, Toby Anene, Darius Givance and Jaquise Alexander are going to be studs on defense. Thats my picks. Logan Larson showed up on the depth chart aftet injuries piled up, despite being woefully under weight, so if she has a great offseason he could be a player. Physically Altepeter looks the part

On offense Jacob Streit is a transfer and I think he grabs thr #2 TE spot before any of the young guys. Things start to click year 2 but I think Nate Forsyth physically looks the part. Ben Goldy is a huge man and athletic. I could see him cracking the rotation. At WR, we dont utilize the forward pass so I wont pick anyone

thunderingherd
02-24-2023, 03:38 PM
Kelton McCaslin, Toby Anene, Darius Givance and Jaquise Alexander are going to be studs on defense. Thats my picks. Logan Larson showed up on the depth chart aftet injuries piled up, despite being woefully under weight, so if she has a great offseason he could be a player

On offense Jacob Streit is a transfer and I think he grabs thr #2 TE spot before any of the young guys. Things start to click year 2 but I think Nate Forsyth physically looks the part. Ben Goldy is a huge man and athletic. I could see him cracking the rotation

Roster pictures:
Forsyth, to big of a smile. needs to tone that down to have a shot at playing time
Goldy, looks mean. great start to his beard game, vaulting him into possible playing time
Mccasin, no smile and neck as thick as his head. could contribute in 2023
Anene, smirking like he's gonna wreck a QB's day. could contribute in 2023 if he tones down his 2023 roster pic smile.
Givance, Yep
Alexander, Yep
Larson, showed up on the depth chart, because of his picture. Exactly what you're looking for.

HerdBot
02-24-2023, 03:51 PM
Roster pictures:
Forsyth, to big of a smile. needs to tone that down to have a shot at playing time
Goldy, looks mean. great start to his beard game, vaulting him into possible playing time
Anene, smirking like he's gonna wreck a QB's day. could contribute in 2023 if he tones down his 2023 roster pic smile.
Givance, Yep
Alexander, Yep
Larson, showed up on the depth chart, because of his picture. Exactly what you're looking for.

Bravo :rofl:

heffray
02-24-2023, 04:42 PM
Roster pictures:
Givance, Yep
Alexander, Yep

Interesting take on the smirk. I personally would not know how to award points there…

thunderingherd
02-24-2023, 05:02 PM
Interesting take on the smirk. I personally would not know how to award points there…

Yeah that was a tough one. Gave him the benefit of the doubt, because it's not a big cheesy smile (could be the one i'm wrong on). Needs work in the offseason on it, to be prepared for 2023 picture day.

Great O-line class though, with the exception of Rader (will be a bust at Wisco)

mtoutfitter
02-24-2023, 05:38 PM
Kelton McCaslin, Toby Anene, Darius Givance and Jaquise Alexander are going to be studs on defense. Thats my picks. Logan Larson showed up on the depth chart aftet injuries piled up, despite being woefully under weight, so if she has a great offseason he could be a player. Physically Altepeter looks the part

On offense Jacob Streit is a transfer and I think he grabs thr #2 TE spot before any of the young guys. Things start to click year 2 but I think Nate Forsyth physically looks the part. Ben Goldy is a huge man and athletic. I could see him cracking the rotation. At WR, we dont utilize the forward pass so I wont pick anyone

Why does everyone look past Finn Diggins at TE? Was on the field a lot last yr and Cody Mauch spoke highly of him.

heffray
02-24-2023, 06:28 PM
Why does everyone look past Finn Diggins at TE? Was on the field a lot last yr and Cody Mauch spoke highly of him.

Good call. Totally missed him.

heffray
02-24-2023, 06:29 PM
Yeah that was a tough one. Gave him the benefit of the doubt, because it's not a big cheesy smile (could be the one i'm wrong on). Needs work in the offseason on it, to be prepared for 2023 picture day.

Great O-line class though, with the exception of Rader (will be a bust at Wisco)

Is Kramer getting soft? Would figure he’d be all over their pic-taking conditioning, or is that more of a Hedberg role?

El_Chapo
02-24-2023, 06:40 PM
Good call. Totally missed him.

Cody just likes him cuz they are redhead brothers

thunderingherd
02-24-2023, 07:03 PM
Is Kramer getting soft? Would figure he’d be all over their pic-taking conditioning, or is that more of a Hedberg role?

I think it's something you're born with. However, I gotta believe Kramer notices them and adjusts how hard he has to push certain guys.

Jim Puetz
02-24-2023, 08:14 PM
McCaslin, he's big and mean and when he did play, he got after it.