PDA

View Full Version : Kody Morgan to Kent State

bstark28
02-17-2023, 02:17 PM
Looks like Morgan is gone to Kent State...taking the same position as Special Teams Coordinator/Safeties Coach. Just another assistant position to fill.

cbline
02-17-2023, 02:44 PM
Looks like Morgan is gone to Kent State...taking the same position as Special Teams Coordinator/Safeties Coach. Just another assistant position to fill.

I think that I will apply. My philosophy: PREVENT CHUCKING THE PIGSKIN!

bruinbison
02-17-2023, 06:38 PM
Looks like this is what triggered Kent State’s need for a Safety/Special Teams Coach

https://footballscoop.com/news/sources-kent-states-jeremiah-johnson-heading-to-northern-iowa

Former Bison assistant Kenni Burns - new Kent State Head Coach - was going to retain Jeremiah Johnson, although at a demotion from his DC duties.

Wolfie
02-17-2023, 07:05 PM

Kent St. has had 3 winning seasons since 1988....well 4 if you count the 4 games they played during COVID.
Purley a financial move, which comes with being FBS.
Imagine going from NDSU to a team that has basically 3 winning years in the last 3.5 decades for the same position, not a promotion.
Even low level position coaches will flee the FCS in a heartbeat now.

Kevin
02-17-2023, 07:56 PM
Kent St. has had 3 winning seasons since 1988....well 4 if you count the 4 games they played during COVID.
Imagine going from NDSU to a team that has basically 3 winning years in the last 3.5 decades for the same position, not a promotion.

yeah but aren't they FBS bro that's the big leagues just ask lakes

MankatoBison
02-20-2023, 01:15 PM

I have been told that 'akshually players and coaches would rather compete for REAL CHAMPIONSHIPS instead of earning more money and playing against better competition in FBS'. Look for a retraction of the story in a few hours

Professor Chaos
02-20-2023, 01:24 PM
Coaches (just like the rest of us) want to make more money period. Even when they take a pay cut, like in the scenario of a FBS coordinator moving to FCS head coach, it's because of the prospect of making more money down the road as they further move up the ladder. No matter where your team is, whether it's the highest levels of the P5 or the NFL, there's always someone willing to pay your coach more so this happens literally everywhere.

taper
02-20-2023, 05:59 PM
I have been told that 'akshually players and coaches would rather compete for REAL CHAMPIONSHIPS instead of earning more money and playing against better competition in FBS'. Look for a retraction of the story in a few hours
Some do, some don't. Their choice. Hope you're not making fun of guys like Jim Kramer.

southcliffbison
02-20-2023, 08:52 PM
wrong thread

El_Chapo
02-21-2023, 01:29 AM
Kenni Burns will depend on NDSU More-so now than he did at Minnesota

Jay
02-22-2023, 12:57 AM
Not sure if this is a QC replacement or Morgan’s…

https://twitter.com/coachtmeyer21?s=21&t=bKUZXdOs-OChCbimwz2X4w