PDA

View Full Version : WR Coach to IOWA STATE

Kujava23
01-24-2023, 08:47 PM
Reports by Pete Thamel reported this morning that Iowa State is set to hire Noah Pauley as the school's new WR coach.

Need another new coach

CyPanth
01-24-2023, 09:13 PM
From 1 to 10, are you glad to see him go (1) or does it give you another reason to dislike us (10)?

El_Chapo
01-24-2023, 09:21 PM
won't be the last one!

hard to fault a guy going to the Big 12 and parlaying his Christian Watson story into a payday

WhoRepsTheLurker
01-24-2023, 09:23 PM
From 1 to 10, are you glad to see him go (1) or does it give you another reason to dislike us (10)?

I wanted him as OC

G_Funky
01-24-2023, 09:32 PM

I wanted him as OC

Idk Noah was the passing game coordinator and we sucked throwing the ball.

If there's anyone on the staff that should be OC, if not Tyler, it's Beschorner. And when Ty leaves, I believe Joe will be a shoe-in for OC.

WhoRepsTheLurker
01-24-2023, 09:42 PM

If there's anyone on the staff that should be OC, if not Tyler, it's Beschorner. And when Ty leaves, I believe Joe will be a shoe-in for OC.

Was thinking TR to head coach after Entz leaves

heffray
01-24-2023, 09:50 PM

I’ve heard the argument that Roehl would be a better head coach than OC… even if true, that’s not saying a lot… but I also don’t buy it. I think you can blame both regular season losses and a few more lackluster Offensive performances on Roehl this year. Why would you want him for a head coach?

El_Chapo
01-24-2023, 09:50 PM

yea a guy from D3 simpson & D2 mankato F that!!

heffray
01-24-2023, 09:54 PM
yea a guy from D3 simpson & D2 mankato F that!!

Our current OC had D3 and High School on his resume before Running Backs coach at NDSU… seems like an upgrade.

El_Chapo
01-24-2023, 09:55 PM
Our current OC had D3 and High School on his resume before Running Backs coach at NDSU… seems like an upgrade.

LOL that is a burn.... wtf...

CyPanth
01-24-2023, 09:56 PM
Pauley will be reporting to a young OC who was just promoted from being a position coach.

WhoRepsTheLurker
01-24-2023, 09:57 PM
I’ve heard the argument that Roehl would be a better head coach than OC… even if true, that’s not saying a lot… but I also don’t buy it. I think you can blame both regular season losses and a few more lackluster Offensive performances on Roehl this year. Why would you want him for a head coach?

Great motivational guy, deep ties to the program, very compelled to fight to uphold the standard, young, fit ...

For some reason the way he disses on the RPO game worries me a bit. It’s great to be blatantly hard-nosed when you have all the horses, but at the next level that won’t be the case

heffray
01-24-2023, 10:01 PM
Great motivational guy, deep ties to the program, very compelled to fight to uphold the standard, young, fit ...

For some reason the way he disses on the RPO game worries me a bit. It’s great to be blatantly hard-nosed when you have all the horses, but at the next level that won’t be the case

Yeah — it’s his general offensive mindset that I don’t like. Hopefully you’re right and he’ll let the next OC create a better scheme and call better plays, make in-game adjustments, etc…

WhoRepsTheLurker
01-24-2023, 10:05 PM
I do recall NP saying in an interview on 1660 that he wanted to take his craft to the highest possible level, so congrats and I hope he succeeds and continues to climb

ByeSonBusiness
01-24-2023, 10:47 PM

Always glad to see a coach get a shot at the P5. Makes NDSU more attractive.

Look what turning into a Notre Dame/Ohio State farm did for Cincinnati.

CyPanth
01-24-2023, 11:07 PM
Always glad to see a coach get a shot at the P5. Makes NDSU more attractive.

Look what turning into a Notre Dame/Ohio State farm did for Cincinnati.

Iowa State's coaching staff has been rather stable, but now Campbell is starting to build his own coaching tree. Previous OC became OC for Cincinnati. Previous TE coach is OC for Tennessee. Previous CB coach is DC for North Texas.

thunderingherd
01-24-2023, 11:44 PM
Yeah — it’s his general offensive mindset that I don’t like. Hopefully you’re right and he’ll let the next OC create a better scheme and call better plays, make in-game adjustments, etc…

Same general offensive mindset we've had for 9 titles in 12 years, just without an NFL caliber QB other teams need to worry about.

NDSU2006
01-25-2023, 12:01 AM
There really are people who want TR as head coach after these past few seasons?

123Gobison
01-25-2023, 12:06 AM
won't be the last one!

hard to fault a guy going to the Big 12 and parlaying his Christian Watson story into a payday

Coach Atif Austin gets all the credit for Christian Watson. You cant teach speed.

TAILG8R
01-25-2023, 12:09 AM
Roehl will be reporting to a young OC who was just promoted from being a position coach.

I think you mean Pauley

heffray
01-25-2023, 01:17 AM
Same general offensive mindset we've had for 9 titles in 12 years, just without an NFL caliber QB other teams need to worry about.

It’s more than that. Brock was not much better than Cam and look what we were able to do… I agree we are an offense that likes to establish the run game, but something seems different, don’t you think?

Bisonator98
01-25-2023, 01:20 AM
It’s more than that. Brock was not much better than Cam and look what we were able to do… I agree we are an offense that likes to establish the run game, but something seems different, don’t you think?

Lol what were we able to do? We beat Wofford 14-7 in the playoffs. Those defenses were dominant not the offense.

thebigund
01-25-2023, 01:22 AM

Yes please! Just keep lining up the meatheads as HC.

thebigund
01-25-2023, 01:23 AM
Lol what were we able to do? We beat Wofford 14-7 in the playoffs. Those defenses were dominant not the offense.

Hey that Wofford team led by Frankenstein was tough!

Bisonator98
01-25-2023, 01:30 AM

Agreed but that wasn't the point. The offense didn't do much back then either. We need to get our dominant defense back.

gavin2126
01-25-2023, 01:35 AM
Agreed but that wasn't the point. The offense didn't do much back then either. We need to get our dominant defense back.

Yep. 21 points would've won 7 of the previous 9 natty's. While there's always room for improvement, the offense isn't bad and isn't the problem everyone should be focused on.

thunderingherd
01-25-2023, 02:16 AM

Really the only difference in my opinion is that we ran into an sdsu team that was just bigger and better this year. And our defense got worked. And that the offensive coordinator is the most unpopular guy on this board every year because it’s a boring ground and pound offense.

EC8CH
01-25-2023, 02:35 AM

Better than ole poopy pants.

89MTBISON
01-25-2023, 04:53 AM

Unfortunately this is our current trajectory.

Bisonator98
01-25-2023, 11:40 AM

Seems to be working for us. Btw hows bubbles doing? Has he woke up from his winter nap yet?

SDbison
01-25-2023, 11:57 AM
It’s more than that. Brock was not much better than Cam and look what we were able to do… I agree we are an offense that likes to establish the run game, but something seems different, don’t you think? Seriously? Brock not much better than Cam? Please explain because I doubt Cam could pull off the comeback win against Kansas State or the victories against Georgia Southern. Cam doesn't have it. When put in difficult situations he doesn't put the team on his shoulders and win. Brock did that! Cam has yet to do it.

southcliffbison
01-25-2023, 01:13 PM
Better than ole poopy pants.

Yup!! Once again, the undies are offering up advice on what the football program should/shouldn't do. 9 natties and one runner-up in 12 years doesn't meet the standards of excellence at el forko grande university and, therefore, they are compelled to offer advice so NDSU can fuck up its football program as they have theirs. First, it was the worthlessness of team meetings; now, it's who should get promoted to HC, OC , equipment manager, etc. when their own HC is a relic from a previous century.

Bisonator98
01-25-2023, 01:26 PM
Seriously? Brock not much better than Cam? Please explain because I doubt Cam could pull off the comeback win against Kansas State or the victories against Georgia Southern. Cam doesn't have it. When put in difficult situations he doesn't put the team on his shoulders and win. Brock did that! Cam has yet to do it.

Oh please I love Brock and he was a great QB for us but some really have an inflated view of previous players. Their legends seem to grow in our minds over time. Not sure Cam has had a similar team around him as Brock had his last 2-3 years. Those 2012-13 teams were loaded.

tony
01-25-2023, 01:29 PM

Fun fact: Wofford's only score was a pick 6.

garbageman
01-25-2023, 01:58 PM
Yup!! Once again, the undies are offering up advice on what the football program should/shouldn't do. 9 natties and one runner-up in 12 years doesn't meet the standards of excellence at el forko grande university and, therefore, they are compelled to offer advice so NDSU can fuck up its football program as they have theirs. First, it was the worthlessness of team meetings; now, it's who should get promoted to HC, OC , equipment manager, etc. when their own HC is a relic from a previous century.

Ya but they won a d2 championship back in the early 2000s so they do have 1 championship in all their existence. Doesn’t that make the experts?😢😢

heffray
01-25-2023, 02:02 PM
Seriously? Brock not much better than Cam? Please explain because I doubt Cam could pull off the comeback win against Kansas State or the victories against Georgia Southern. Cam doesn't have it. When put in difficult situations he doesn't put the team on his shoulders and win. Brock did that! Cam has yet to do it.

Maybe Cam could with better play-calling? You’re asking me for specifics and I don’t really have them, just the same eye test that tells you he isn’t close tells me that he is. We could both be wrong (and maybe we are)…

My main point is that Cam did a lot of good things and I don’t think anyone should be blaming him for the losses this year. Squarely on the coaches, just my opinion.

GreenfieldBison
01-25-2023, 03:01 PM
Yep. 21 points would've won 7 of the previous 9 natty's. While there's always room for improvement, the offense isn't bad and isn't the problem everyone should be focused on.

+1 on all this.

GreenfieldBison
01-25-2023, 03:10 PM
Maybe Cam could with better play-calling? You’re asking me for specifics and I don’t really have them, just the same eye test that tells you he isn’t close tells me that he is. We could both be wrong (and maybe we are)…

My main point is that Cam did a lot of good things and I don’t think anyone should be blaming him for the losses this year. Squarely on the coaches, just my opinion.

I am pretty neutral on Cam. I guess there are a couple of questions in my mind that I can't answer because 1) I'm just not that football smart and 2) I'm damn lazy. So, the coaches can do all the coaching they want but once that play clock starts it is all in the hands of the players. With Cam I am wondering
- how many times did he check play calls due to defense reads? I can't say I detected much of that.
- how good was he at checking down to an outlet receiver when the initial pass call was not there?
- how often did Cam find a check down between the hashes?

Sure would be nice to have a Bisonville "coach" sit down with the collection of all22 flicks and answer those questions. Or maybe none of these questions are meaningful.

CyPanth
01-25-2023, 03:42 PM
I think you mean Pauley

Duh. Thanks. Correction made.

heffray
01-25-2023, 03:48 PM
I am pretty neutral on Cam. I guess there are a couple of questions in my mind that I can't answer because 1) I'm just not that football smart and 2) I'm damn lazy. So, the coaches can do all the coaching they want but once that play clock starts it is all in the hands of the players. With Cam I am wondering
- how many times did he check play calls due to defense reads? I can't say I detected much of that.
- how good was he at checking down to an outlet receiver when the initial pass call was not there?
- how often did Cam find a check down between the hashes?

Sure would be nice to have a Bisonville "coach" sit down with the collection of all22 flicks and answer those questions. Or maybe none of these questions are meaningful.

True, Cam did not audible much, if at all. That said, I don’t know how much play-changing was being done on the aforementioned Kstate drive, but I’d have to go back and watch that video…

AlumniGreen
01-25-2023, 05:17 PM
I think that some of the football "stars" of years past including Easton Stick, PHIL HANSEN, Brock Jensen and others should come to Fargo and have a 'tough love' talk and roundtable with the current coaches.

Bisonator98
01-25-2023, 05:21 PM
I think that some of the football "stars" of years past including Easton Stick, PHIL HANSEN, Brock Jensen and others should come to Fargo and have a 'tough love' talk and roundtable with the current players.

FIFY

Not sure what they could say to the coaches but todays players need an attitude adjustment IMO.

mtoutfitter
01-25-2023, 05:23 PM
FIFY

Not sure what they could say to the coaches but todays players need an attitude adjustment IMO.

Some certainly do.

G_Funky
01-25-2023, 05:40 PM
FIFY

Or we just need to get some bigger d-lineman and linebackers so that our front seven doesnt get murdered.

thebigund
01-26-2023, 08:40 PM
Seems to be working for us. Btw hows bubbles doing? Has he woke up from his winter nap yet?

Yea, that McFeeley article is a sign that it’s working for you guys. Entz started on third and had tripped on his own shoe laces trying to make it to home.

Bison Dan
01-26-2023, 08:57 PM
Yea, that McFeeley article is a sign that it’s working for you guys. Entz started on third and had tripped on his own shoe laces trying to make it to home.

You guys have been saying that for 10 years yet their we are in the NC every year.

thebigund
01-26-2023, 09:12 PM
Fun fact: Wofford's only score was a pick 6.

It was basically a 1v1 battle of Grant Olson and Frankenstein and it was glorious.

steelbison
01-26-2023, 11:18 PM
Oh please I love Brock and he was a great QB for us but some really have an inflated view of previous players. Their legends seem to grow in our minds over time. Not sure Cam has had a similar team around him as Brock had his last 2-3 years. Those 2012-13 teams were loaded.

You honestly think Cam can be offensive player of the year in the MVFC and an all American like Brock? Because in my mind no way in hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G_Funky
01-27-2023, 03:15 PM
You honestly think Cam can be offensive player of the year in the MVFC and an all American like Brock? Because in my mind no way in hell.

You're comparing apples to oranges with every Bison QB vs Cam. Tell me one wide receiver we have now that could hold a candle to the guys Brock, Carson, and Easton had. You could even go back as far as who Steve Walker had.

123Gobison
01-27-2023, 03:18 PM
It was basically a 1v1 battle of Grant Olson and Frankenstein and it was glorious.

That RB was soft ... like southern biscuits.

GCWaters
01-27-2023, 03:50 PM
You're comparing apples to oranges with every Bison QB vs Cam. Tell me one wide receiver we have now that could hold a candle to the guys Brock, Carson, and Easton had. You could even go back as far as who Steve Walker had.

I just loved watching Walker play. A dead-end, transitional year, but he just played his ass off....

heffray
01-27-2023, 04:29 PM

Agree, also… Brock, Carson, and Easton all threw to a guy named Zachary Vraa for a while… anyone remember him? My memory is pretty rusty but I feel like he was pretty good…

steelbison
01-29-2023, 02:19 PM

Well. He did have Watson last year who was better than anyone we have ever had.

Nothing against Cam but what’s lacking in my opinion is the gamer and leader our QBs have been. Game on the line. NP I’ll drive the team down to win. I don’t believe Cam has ever done that. Had two chances this year in the Arizona and SDSU game.

Had five yard passing in the semi final game and in the championship had awful ints and some wide open WRs missed. With the defense struggling he needed to have a great game for us to have a chance. Didnt happen

Cam is a decent QB but nothing special.

SDbison
01-29-2023, 05:01 PM
Well. He did have Watson last year who was better than anyone we have ever had.

Nothing against Cam but what’s lacking in my opinion is the gamer and leader our QBs have been. Game on the line. NP I’ll drive the team down to win. I don’t believe Cam has ever done that. Had two chances this year in the Arizona and SDSU game.

Had five yard passing in the semi final game and in the championship had awful ints and some wide open WRs missed. With the defense struggling he needed to have a great game for us to have a chance. Didnt happen

Cam is a decent QB but nothing special.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. So very true! The team needs to step up, but without leadership it's not going to happen!