PDA

View Full Version : Team Meeting Last Night

El_Chapo
01-20-2023, 01:34 PM
didn't see any football players at BB game until the end.. talked to 2 players (I won't name names) they had a Team Meeting...

announced Kobe & talked about the exodus of players.

Sounded like a good constructive meeting... I'll just leave it at that.

ps. entire soccer team left after that 13-0 run after halftime... so feel free to leave their games early in 2nd half

Jim Puetz
01-20-2023, 01:36 PM
Yeah. I'm really glad you are on top of this crisis, Bisonville deserves nothing but the best.

HerdBot
01-20-2023, 01:57 PM
I wonder if some of these guys who all came in together and are watching their close friends they either played with or roomed with for 3-4 years leave are just getting sad and with all the attrition, starting to wonder how good we will be next year?

If there is any tampering, we will know soon

Now we dont have a choice but to hit the transfer portal and have a youth movement.

If a player like Kobe or Eubanks could play as a freshman, there is no reason to think an existing redshirt freshman or transfer cant play as a freshman

daddy daycare
01-20-2023, 02:01 PM
psycho level activated to 10

bstark28
01-20-2023, 02:03 PM
I wonder if some of these guys who all came in together and are watching their close friends they either played with or roomed with for 3-4 years leave are just getting sad and with all the attrition, starting to wonder how good we will be next year?

If there is any tampering, we will know soon

Now we dont have a choice but to hit the transfer portal and have a youth movement.

If a player like Kobe or Eubanks could play as a freshman, there is no reason to think an existing redshirt freshman or transfer cant play as a freshman

If I remember correctly, in one of Entz's pressers from December (after Dom, DJ, Sigle left), he basically said that tampering is 100% happening, without naming names, of course. Can't say I'm surprised...Coach XYZ at a random G5/P5 school thinks a specific position group could use an update, sees All-American caliber players at NDSU who could fit their system well, picks up the phone/contacts via Social Media, and basically confirms a scholarship offer if said player were to "happen to enter the portal." Don't want to call out K-State without legit knowledge, but the timing in which Sigle visited/committed to them, was extremely convenient.

Kevin
01-20-2023, 02:04 PM
Lakes is our own Adam Schefter.

Lakesefter.

heffray
01-20-2023, 02:05 PM
Team meeting? What?! You guys, I was assured—ASSURED, and called mind-numbingly stupid—for being concerned about this… I’m sure the meeting was just planning an end of year ice cream social or something…

El_Chapo
01-20-2023, 02:36 PM
Hank Jacobs Kansas State file the tampering suit its been happening with recruits

Coach Bohl never allowed that, he fairly and squarely offerred recruits.

Our Coaching Tree laughs at Matt Larson.

ndsubison1
01-20-2023, 03:07 PM
The team/coaches arent gonna sit there and wave the white flag. We still have a lot of solid pieces coming back. Need maybe a few transfers in the coming weeks to shore up some spots.

oldmantutters
01-20-2023, 03:09 PM
The team/coaches arent gonna sit there and wave the white flag. We still have a lot of solid pieces coming back. Need maybe a few transfers in the coming weeks to shore up some spots.

Sure seemed like the coach waived the white flag in the chipper when the Bison cut the lead from 24-18 and he decided to kick an extra point rather than going for 2.

HerdBot
01-20-2023, 03:15 PM
If I remember correctly, in one of Entz's pressers from December (after Dom, DJ, Sigle left), he basically said that tampering is 100% happening, without naming names, of course. Can't say I'm surprised...Coach XYZ at a random G5/P5 school thinks a specific position group could use an update, sees All-American caliber players at NDSU who could fit their system well, picks up the phone/contacts via Social Media, and basically confirms a scholarship offer if said player were to "happen to enter the portal." Don't want to call out K-State without legit knowledge, but the timing in which Sigle visited/committed to them, was extremely convenient.

Hopefully the NCAA starts to crack down on this. They only have 1 ball though. Years ago, players would have been deemed ineligible and teams would have been made playoff ineligible

HerdBot
01-20-2023, 03:17 PM

If Kobe or Eubanks can play as a freshman, so can others. We could luck out and upgrade through the transfer portal

Kevin
01-20-2023, 03:20 PM
If Kobe or Eubanks can play as a freshman, so can others. We could luck out and upgrade through the transfer portal

Kpeenu ftw.

The_Sicatoka
01-20-2023, 03:25 PM
Team meeting ... to exchange forwarding addresses?

Team meetings seldom resolve anything* but are a sign that something is wrong. Only leadership solves problems. Was there a leader in the room that people will follow. That's all that matters.

*There's a former NHLer on SiriusXM NHL Radio that says he was probably in 40 over his career and only 1 made a difference.

thunderingherd
01-20-2023, 03:30 PM
Hank Jacobs Kansas State file the tampering suit its been happening with recruits

Coach Bohl never allowed that, he fairly and squarely offerred recruits.

Our Coaching Tree laughs at Matt Larson.

Never? Doubtful.

El_Chapo
01-20-2023, 03:30 PM
this 1 was good and necessary ignore the media idiots in this town.
pick up 4-5 transfers from legit programs like ZenZen and we will be fine.

ndsubison1
01-20-2023, 03:51 PM

Team meetings seldom resolve anything* but are a sign that something is wrong. Only leadership solves problems. Was there a leader in the room that people will follow. That's all that matters.

*There's a former NHLer on SiriusXM NHL Radio that says he was probably in 40 over his career and only 1 made a difference.

Incorrect.

The_Sicatoka
01-20-2023, 03:59 PM
Only leadership solves problems. Was there a leader in the room that people will follow. That's all that matters.

Preliminary indications (Twitter) show there may have been a leader in your room: Kava.

southcliffbison
01-20-2023, 04:08 PM

If there's one thing the team doesn't need are undie fans offering advice on what should or shouldn't be done. We don't know what transpired at the meeting, but one can only imagine what was talked about. Perhaps, and I'm only spit balling here, the challenge of working hard during the off season was discussed, and maybe recommitting themselves to the tasks at hand like staying eligible, being good citizens (staying out of trouble)....... things that leaders would talk about at meetings such as these. That crack about forwarding addresses......do you really think those that are in TP were there? If you do, you're an idiot. Go back to the Hitler board and offer up words of advice.

El_Chapo
01-20-2023, 04:09 PM
Jake Kava pretty much just told us what it was about.

LETS GO BISON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WhoRepsTheLurker
01-20-2023, 04:10 PM
If there's one thing the team doesn't need are undie fans offering advice on what should or shouldn't be done. We don't know what transpired at the meeting, but one can only imagine what was talked about. Perhaps, and I'm only spit balling here, the challenge of working hard during the off season was discussed, and maybe recommitting themselves to the tasks at hand like staying eligible, being good citizens (staying out of trouble)....... things that leaders would talk about at meetings such as these. That crack about forwarding addresses......do you really think those that are in TP were there? If you do, you're an idiot. Go back to the Hitler board and offer up words of advice.

Yeah no shit. Hockey team is struggling for sure. Big weekend ahead I hear ...

Bisonguy
01-20-2023, 04:23 PM
Hopefully the NCAA starts to crack down on this. They only have 1 ball though. Years ago, players would have been deemed ineligible and teams would have been made playoff ineligible

Why would the NCAA do anything about it?

It's not like the NCAA is some unbiased governing body. It's a member run organization with certain members (Big 2 and Power 5) having much more clout. They're getting exactly what they want right now. All other schools are their developmental league.

The_Sicatoka
01-20-2023, 04:27 PM
Hockey team is struggling for sure.

Yup, and the player I've known over a decade had a good talk about leadership, not meetings, being the only way through.

bisonbuddy
01-20-2023, 04:37 PM
Yup, and the player I've known over a decade had a good talk about leadership, not meetings, being the only way through.

I can’t tell, is this another attempt at your brand of humor?

The_Sicatoka
01-20-2023, 04:39 PM
I can’t tell, is this another attempt at your brand of humor?

You're surprised I know a player and his family since before he was a recruit?

scottietohottie
01-20-2023, 04:42 PM

They got guys on the team for a decade? Must be going to be a doctor eh?

JMB
01-20-2023, 04:43 PM

It's not like the NCAA is some unbiased governing body. It's a member run organization with certain members (Big 2 and Power 5) having much more clout. They're getting exactly what they want right now. All other schools are their developmental league.

I suspect there are so many loopholes in the "tampering" rule that you would have an issue policing it anyways. "Oh, Kansas St. didn't contact me, no. My neighbor's 3rd cousin heard something and I reached out to them!"

The_Sicatoka
01-20-2023, 04:48 PM
They got guys on the team for a decade? Must be going to be a doctor eh?

Well Gopher fans tell us we have guys with a wife and kids and a minivan.

Bison Dan
01-20-2023, 05:02 PM

With the hawkers having one of the worst athletic depts in the league you'll have to excuse us if we don't take their advise.

bisonbuddy
01-20-2023, 05:11 PM
You're surprised I know a player and his family since before he was a recruit?

No, I’m surprised they’re still talking to you.

SomeBeach
01-20-2023, 05:20 PM
didn't see any football players at BB game until the end.. talked to 2 players (I won't name names) they had a Team Meeting...

ps. entire soccer team left after that 13-0 run after halftime... so feel free to leave their games early in 2nd half

Didn't you just post in the ORU game thread that YOU LEFT EARLY?! Come on, man.

GFBison
01-20-2023, 05:25 PM

If there is a 13-0 run most certainly time to leave a soccer game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scottietohottie
01-20-2023, 05:29 PM
It's becoming very clear to me that some of you are going to have to see this program hit rock bottom before you realize what's going on eh. Some of us are trying to pump teh breaks eh. Crashing eh.

BigHorns
01-20-2023, 06:39 PM
I suspect there are so many loopholes in the "tampering" rule that you would have an issue policing it anyways. "Oh, Kansas St. didn't contact me, no. My neighbor's 3rd cousin heard something and I reached out to them!"

Tampering is well known and rampant even among P5 schools poaching each other. In some cases with 7 digit payouts to players.
NCAA doesn't seem ready to do anything about it yet.

This is one of those "the NCAA is so mad at OSU/K-State they decided to punish Western Illinois or NDSU" type things.

https://www.si.com/college/miami/football/ncaa-transfer-portal-tampering-drake-maye-travis-hunter

Snowgoose
01-20-2023, 06:43 PM
Well Gopher fans tell us we have guys with a wife and kids and a minivan.

Man with all those doctors, attorneys, and owners of farms where us NDSU grads have to work I would have thought u would have a better NIL program than a dodge minivan.

Jim Puetz
01-21-2023, 12:09 AM

I heard from someone who knows a lot about stuff that the reason so many guys are leaving the team is because they don't like the crap El Chirpo posts on Bisonville, but more importantly they really don't like him name dropping their dads and hitting on their grandmothers

heffray
01-21-2023, 02:25 AM
I heard from someone who knows a lot about stuff that the reason so many guys are leaving the team is because they don't like the crap El Chirpo posts on Bisonville, but more importantly they really don't like him name dropping their dads and hitting on their grandmothers

Is this the Bisonville equivalent of jumping the shark? Time will tell…

Honeybooboo
01-21-2023, 04:18 AM
Lol..another great thread on BV

NDSU92
01-21-2023, 12:14 PM

Sic is hilarious, but not in the way he tries to be. I’ve never seen someone who so incorrectly thinks they’re so smart and funny

EC8CH
01-21-2023, 12:40 PM
Sic is hilarious, but not in the way he tries to be. I’ve never seen someone who so incorrectly thinks they’re so smart and funny

To be fair, he's the sharpest tool at the HYB.

KSBisonFan
01-21-2023, 01:14 PM

Slic > Sic.

BigHorns
01-21-2023, 03:39 PM

Unfortunately this is true.

If you look at NCAA (and especially FBS) committees, it's always Sankey and Warren calling the shots.
When they started making noise about leaving the NCAA, the NCAA responded by giving them even more power to call the shots and restructure football as they please.

The restructuring committee just gave the P5 more power to act independently and set their own rules. It will be interesting to see what they do with it this year. I think they will decentralize it further to allow the SEC and B1G do whatever those schools please. Any governing rules on things like NIL and player payments will be set at the conference level, allowing those conferences to continue leveraging their $$$ for more success.

The deck is stacked. Anyone who thinks they will see teams other than SEC/B1G/B12 in the CFP title game are dreaming.

bisonbuddy
01-21-2023, 03:45 PM

Kind of like weighing 501lbs in the 500+ lbs fat girls contest?

heffray
01-21-2023, 04:13 PM

So far, sadly, I have to agree. Although bigundies gives him a run…

southcliffbison
01-21-2023, 09:03 PM

If you look at NCAA (and especially FBS) committees, it's always Sankey and Warren calling the shots.
When they started making noise about leaving the NCAA, the NCAA responded by giving them even more power to call the shots and restructure football as they please.

The restructuring committee just gave the P5 more power to act independently and set their own rules. It will be interesting to see what they do with it this year. I think they will decentralize it further to allow the SEC and B1G do whatever those schools please. Any governing rules on things like NIL and player payments will be set at the conference level, allowing those conferences to continue leveraging their $$$ for more success.

The deck is stacked. Anyone who thinks they will see teams other than SEC/B1G/B12 in the CFP title game are dreaming.

What will occur is that the P5 will become so powerful and corrupted (remember absolute power corrupts absolutely) that (and I'm going to be the first to say this) the government, congress, the SCOTUS , some entity will decide that there have been violations of anti-trust laws and and cut the head of the Golden Goose. Watch. Maybe not in 3 years or 5 years, hell, maybe not in 10 years, but, eventually they will fuck it up so bad that the government will step in and shut this charade down in some form or manner. When this happens, the P5 will have no one but themselves to blame.

heffray
01-21-2023, 09:47 PM
What will occur is that the P5 will become so powerful and corrupted (remember absolute power corrupts absolutely) that (and I'm going to be the first to say this) the government, congress, the SCOTUS , some entity will decide that there have been violations of anti-trust laws and and cut the head of the Golden Goose. Watch. Maybe not in 3 years or 5 years, hell, maybe not in 10 years, but, eventually they will fuck it up so bad that the government will step in and shut this charade down in some form or manner. When this happens, the P5 will have no one but themselves to blame.

This is the kind dog implosion I was mentioning in the other thread…

El_Chapo
01-21-2023, 10:10 PM
Lol..another great thread on BV

factual breaking news that no one else had. you'll welcome. now pay Tony his $8/month

56BISON73
01-21-2023, 10:13 PM
factual breaking news that no one else had. you'll welcome. now pay Tony his $8/month

Sooooo what was breaking news about a team meeting?

HerdBot
01-21-2023, 10:24 PM

I would love to see an entire team like Georgia get poached and go to a mediocre SEC team like Vanderbelt. Basically Georgia in Vanderbelt uniforms :rofl:

It would be symbolic of a failed NCAA

gabisonfan
01-21-2023, 11:19 PM
The NIL and transfer portal are going to make NCAA athletics the equivalent of the Olympics. Since they legalized professional athletes, Olympics and watching paint dry are equally entertaining. Modern paints drying will soon takeover viewer interest and loyalty.

scottietohottie
01-22-2023, 12:08 AM
The NIL and transfer portal are going to make NCAA athletics the equivalent of the Olympics. Since they legalized professional athletes, Olympics and watching paint dry are equally entertaining. Modern paints drying will soon takeover viewer interest and loyalty.

Yeah but the older paints tasted better eh.

Hammerhead
01-22-2023, 12:11 AM
Yeah but the older paints tasted better eh.

That explains a lot. Too many lead paint chips.

Jim Puetz
01-22-2023, 01:06 AM

Are you dating Majorie Taylor Greene?

CAS4127
01-22-2023, 01:11 AM
Are you dating Majorie Taylor Greene?

Can you say I’m a loser without saying you’re a loser?!

CyPanth
01-22-2023, 01:32 AM

For a minute, I thought you were talking about me. :facepalm2: