PDA

View Full Version : CyPanth is back! And he's a Georgia Southern fan now!

tony
12-22-2022, 01:27 PM
So CyPanth was having trouble starting a thread. The account looked OK so I don't know what is going on (I suggested making sure that the checkbox under the user name is checked when logging in.)

I said that I'd start this thread. From what I can gather from the title, CyPanth has been away and probably wants to change his user name to CyPanthEagle.

southcliffbison
12-22-2022, 02:24 PM
So CyPanth was having trouble starting a thread. The account looked OK so I don't know what is going on (I suggested making sure that the checkbox under the user name is checked when logging in.)

I said that I'd start this thread. From what I can gather from the title, CyPanth has been away and probably wants to change his user name to CyPanthEagle.

It's nice to have trolls from other forums stop by to visit after not posting for a while ; CyPanth probably just finished combining corn.

El_Chapo
12-22-2022, 02:38 PM
He's the man, poor soul stuck in cedar falls...

CyPanth
12-23-2022, 12:03 AM
Sorry for the prolonged absence. It has been due to lots of factors, not the least of which is the demise of UNI football and subsequently my interest in FCS football, as well as Iowa State being the best 4-8 team in FBS! However, I have missed you guys.

I've been enjoying what I've been able to see of the Bison in the FCS playoffs. For the record, I was never worried last Friday night against Incarnate Word. It would have been fun to be on the game thread to make fun of the ninnies who for some reason still bail on their team during games after all these years.

My biggest joys in football this year have come from Georgia Southern. I attended their games with Nebraska (RIP Scott Frost), James Madison (RIP #25 rank), and Appalachian State (RIP 'eers). Why Georgia Southern? [Humble brag alert]

Did I mention that my wife's nephew is the QB that Clay Helton brought to Statesboro to replace the triple option with a pro set offense? Currently, he has thrown for 3891 yards which is #6 in the entire FBS (and that is without a conference championship game).

Just imagine sitting on the goal line in the 5th row as Kyle runs a QB keeper for the go-ahead TD with less than a minute left in Lincoln. Or throwing a beautiful fade to beat James Madison late in the 4th Q. Or dropping a dime over the App State coverage to a walk-on receiver to win in 2OT. Bottom line: I show up, Kyle makes a big play at the end for a big win! Who know football was so simple!

So, I don't know how much I'll be able to participate on the venerable BV website, but I hope to hang out some to enjoy vicariously another trip to Frisco, especially as you bring the Bunnies back to reality.

We will be making another trek to Montgomery for Kyle's bowl game. We were there two years ago when he led Buffalo to a victory over Marshall. This time, he is playing his former team. He went to Georgia Southern for his Covid-year.

Hope many of you will be cheering for Georgia Southern on Tuesday. Looking forward to catching up with many of you.

CyPanth
12-23-2022, 12:12 AM
He's the man, poor soul stuck in cedar falls...

It's worse. I'm stuck in Ames! ;)

CyPanth
12-23-2022, 12:12 AM
This year's ornament.

CyPanth
12-23-2022, 12:13 AM
The moment in Lincoln!

CyPanth
12-23-2022, 12:16 AM
My new favorite t-shirt. "We put the L in Lincoln!"

CyPanth
12-23-2022, 12:54 AM
Whar GSUsTALON?

CyPanth
12-23-2022, 12:58 PM
So, does becoming a Georgia Southern fan make me better or worse in terms of my presence on this site?

It hearkens back to some glory days of FCS. However, it also flaunts a move to FBS. Yet, is the Camellia Bowl against a barely eligible Buffalo team really something to flaunt? Is there still a sense of rivalry that has a residual dislike for anything associated with Georgia Southern?

Bottom line, it seems to give me another interesting point of view from which to interact with Bison fans. And it is really cool to be able to see games from the vantage point of a QB's uncle and debrief games with him.

El_Chapo
12-23-2022, 01:06 PM
Whar GSUsTALON?

yea I'll get him back here.
we are still on talons message board find him there
and yes GSU > uni all day long

Bison Loofa
12-23-2022, 01:24 PM
So, does becoming a Georgia Southern fan make me better or worse in terms of my presence on this site?

It wouldn't surprise me, Mr. Whoever You Are, that you would be better liked here because of the change.

Indeed, we at the new regime have found, as we have always suspected, that true Bison Fans actually love Manilow better than AC/DC.

The times are changing.

Bison Bridge Guy
12-23-2022, 01:30 PM
I never hated Georgia Southern, I respected them.

GreenfieldBison
12-23-2022, 01:53 PM
Wait, we're allowed to change our team affiliations now? Is this a part of that portal thingy? Is he getting remuneration for posting those photos?

mtoutfitter
12-23-2022, 02:02 PM
Wait, we're allowed to change our team affiliations now? Is this a part of that portal thingy? Is he getting remuneration for posting those photos?

Yes, his next step is demanding reparations for being a Panther fan.

TransAmBison
12-23-2022, 02:19 PM
Yes, his next step is demanding reparations for being a Panther fan.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

bri-dog
12-23-2022, 02:38 PM
It wouldn't surprise me, Mr. Whoever You Are, that you would be better liked here because of the change.

Indeed, we at the new regime have found, as we have always suspected, that true Bison Fans actually love Manilow better than AC/DC.

The times are changing.

Just a UNI/Iowa State fan who used to post here a lot. I met him in Ames a few years ago, he was a little "miffed" that ISU's admin let us take over the lot he used to tailgate in (the library parking lot, if I remember correctly). Very fun to engage in a little good-natured bantering with...

Bison Loofa
12-23-2022, 02:47 PM
Just a UNI/Iowa State fan who used to post here a lot. I met him in Ames a few years ago, he was a little "miffed" that ISU's admin let us take over the lot he used to tailgate in (the library parking lot, if I remember correctly). Very fun to engage in a little good-natured bantering with...

Him and my idiot predecessor seemed to have a decent, cordial relationship here on Bisonville back in the day, so that automatically tags him with suspect character and extremely low intellect in my eyes.

bri-dog
12-23-2022, 03:10 PM
Him and my idiot predecessor seemed to have a decent, cordial relationship here on Bisonville back in the day, so that automatically tags him with suspect character and extremely low intellect in my eyes.

LOL! I posted that just in case some new posters are wondering WTF is going on here... :)

CyPanth
12-23-2022, 06:21 PM

It was the Scheman Continuing Education building's courtyard and the C-2 parking lot. And I'm still miffed! [And jealous of all those sweet tailgate rigs!]

CyPanth
12-23-2022, 06:22 PM
so that automatically tags him with suspect character and extremely low intellect in my eyes.

In other words, I fit right in on BV!

CyPanth
12-23-2022, 06:23 PM
Yes, his next step is demanding reparations for being a Panther fan.

There is not enough money in the world to make sufficient reparations for being a UNI fan these days.

CyPanth
12-23-2022, 06:29 PM
My biggest claim to fame on this site is that I provided a ticket at face value to @roadwarrior for the UNI game during COVID when tickets were very hard to get. I have one degree of separation from BV royalty!

scottietohottie
12-23-2022, 07:43 PM
My biggest claim to fame on this site is that I provided a ticket at face value to @roadwarrior for the UNI game during COVID when tickets were very hard to get. I have one degree of separation from BV royalty!

Ticket for uni? Wouldn't you just need a universal garage door opener eh?

CyPanth
12-26-2022, 02:27 AM
Heading to Montgomery in a few hours. Hail Southern!

Gully
12-26-2022, 01:56 PM
I'm a fan of any thread that has the word venerable in the first post!! Well done. I can't speak of the old home Bison games from the 80s without referring to 'venerable Dacotah Field'.

CyPanth
12-27-2022, 02:29 AM
I'm in Montgomery. Georgia Southern is making its presence felt. Packed the Embassy Suites lobby for an event around their radio show. It was awesome.

I've seen one Buffalo group. Seems that their band, cheerleaders, and many fans are stuck in Buffalo as the airport is closed. Oops.

Betting hint: Pound the over! Not expecting much defense to be played.

El_Chapo
12-27-2022, 03:44 AM
Go Eagles°° will be watching

CyPanth
12-28-2022, 10:01 PM
Just got back home. Had a great time in Montgomery. GS did a radio show Monday afternoon from the lobby of the Embassy Suites (team hotel) and it just grew and grew. Packed with fans. They even ringed the atrium's second and third floors with the marching band. Very cool.

Montgomery did not take seriously the way that GS travels. Seemed like everything was very understaffed. Who owns these places? They are just letting tons of money walk away from their venues. The stadium also was very poorly managed. Took an hour or more for most people to get into the stadium even with tickets in hand. And the few concession lines were 45-60 minutes long. Again, they are just begging people not to spend their money. So dumb.

I liked the game plan. GS won the toss, took the ball (presumably to take control from the outset), but couldn't sustain the drive. Kyle led a great drive in the 2Q, including a wide open TD pass, but the receiver tripped on the 5 yard line after making the catch. They had to settle for a FG and the final score margin was 2 points. Kyle's first play in the 3Q was a moon ball that a receiver ran under for a TD. However, it was Kyle making a bad throw in the 4Q (right to a LB) that cost them the game. And toward the end of the 4Q, they gave up 3 on 3rd and 2. We were so hoping to get the ball in Kyle's hands one last time. Alas, it didn't happen. Still, he had a great career and we have had a lot of fun watching him.

And now, what do I have left? Brock Purdy for the 49ers. And you guys. Go Bison.

P.S. Not football related, but I did get to hang out again with Cole Swindell after the game. Great guy. And a huge GS fan.

BISONBRI53
12-29-2022, 01:14 PM
Just got back home. Had a great time in Montgomery. GS did a radio show Monday afternoon from the lobby of the Embassy Suites (team hotel) and it just grew and grew. Packed with fans. They even ringed the atrium's second and third floors with the marching band. Very cool.

Montgomery did not take seriously the way that GS travels. Seemed like everything was very understaffed. Who owns these places? They are just letting tons of money walk away from their venues. The stadium also was very poorly managed. Took an hour or more for most people to get into the stadium even with tickets in hand. And the few concession lines were 45-60 minutes long. Again, they are just begging people not to spend their money. So dumb.

I liked the game plan. GS won the toss, took the ball (presumably to take control from the outset), but couldn't sustain the drive. Kyle led a great drive in the 2Q, including a wide open TD pass, but the receiver tripped on the 5 yard line after making the catch. They had to settle for a FG and the final score margin was 2 points. Kyle's first play in the 3Q was a moon ball that a receiver ran under for a TD. However, it was Kyle making a bad throw in the 4Q (right to a LB) that cost them the game. And toward the end of the 4Q, they gave up 3 on 3rd and 2. We were so hoping to get the ball in Kyle's hands one last time. Alas, it didn't happen. Still, he had a great career and we have had a lot of fun watching him.

And now, what do I have left? Brock Purdy for the 49ers. And you guys. Go Bison.

P.S. Not football related, but I did get to hang out again with Cole Swindell after the game. Great guy. And a huge GS fan.

Sounds like NDSU and the Fargo Dome!!!

Hammerhead
12-29-2022, 02:26 PM
Sounds like NDSU and the Fargo Dome!!!

Sounds like almost every business in Fargo who can't hire enough employees.

CyPanth
01-06-2023, 09:28 PM
For the record, I'm giving away my tickets to the wrestling meet between #4 Iowa State and #3 Arizona State, the highest ranked competition at Hilton Coliseum since 2009 . . . because I want to stay home and watch your FCS championship on my 75 inch TV (not on my phone at the meet).

Go Bison!

El_Chapo
01-07-2023, 02:20 AM
For the record, I'm giving away my tickets to the wrestling meet between #4 Iowa State and #3 Arizona State, the highest ranked competition at Hilton Coliseum since 2009 . . . because I want to stay home and watch your FCS championship on my 75 inch TV (not on my phone at the meet).

Go Bison!

good boy!!

CyPanth
01-07-2023, 03:23 PM
good boy!!

If nothing else, I need to big screen to count the NOSIB's! :rofl:

CyPanth
01-08-2023, 01:07 PM
In the meantime, the big sports news in Cedar Falls is UNI MBB beating Southern Illinois. Yawn. :bleh: