PDA

View Full Version : Can we get him back

23Bison
12-18-2022, 03:33 AM
If the stars aligned in the future, would Messingham come back as OC? I mean that offense was the real deal!!!

123Gobison
12-18-2022, 03:47 AM
If the stars aligned in the future, would Messingham come back as OC? I mean that offense was the real deal!!!

Mess as OC those were the glory days.

56BISON73
12-18-2022, 03:56 AM

Doubt he would leave the Big10.

23Bison
12-18-2022, 04:00 AM
Where is he at now? Never heard anything after he was relieved of his duties at KState.

NDSU92
12-18-2022, 05:11 AM
Where is he at now? Never heard anything after he was relieved of his duties at KState.

Good question, if only there was a search engine out there that could provide an answer…

56BISON73
12-18-2022, 05:27 AM

Illinois..........

ByeSonBusiness
12-18-2022, 06:14 AM

No thanks. At a school like NDSU, you want guys on the way up.

If you want fat kids at prom (happy to be there), there is a school an hour north for that

reformedUNDfan
12-18-2022, 07:05 AM
No thanks. At a school like NDSU, you want guys on the way up.

If you want fat kids at prom (happy to be there), there is a school an hour north for that

Fire Hedberg, got it.

SlickVic
12-18-2022, 07:54 AM
it seems to take t roehl a little bit to loosen a D up and/or figure it out but once he does its katy barr the door baby like a dog with a bone he is relenless in the punishment and i wouldnt trade that 4 any of our previous OCs who liked to play footsie and also it fits entz philosophy like a perfect 1-2 punch ... the only team that won a game this season after facing the RPO (run power often) is the jacks vs kliemans last season with a team for the ages the opponents were 6-4 the following week and not remembering perfectly but theres been some solid Ds that came thru the dome this season samford wasnt a joke ... also take into account the various injuries and ive learned to love kobe for the persistence and clutch factor hes becoming an all-timer in my book but i consider him a 3rd string tailback on this team rolls rode with him all year long and thats pay huge dividens right now the dude knows exactly what hes doing and its fun 2 watch the TOP (time of physicallity)

SlickVic
12-18-2022, 08:07 AM
that arizona game was prolly my all-time favorite FBS and i didnt even attend it t roehl absolutley embarrased that defense they had no answers part of the reason that coach had some sort of a kiniption at the end was because i think he was ready to throw in the towl talk about an ass whoopin sayyyyyyyy that arizona coach dont like that!

Wolfie
12-18-2022, 01:05 PM
Chris boy dropped Mess and his offense at K State averaged 60 yards more per game since the Mess and won the Big 12.

Even old school Chris was smart enough to let him go.

Snowgoose
12-18-2022, 01:34 PM
Roehl has the capability to be a good OC as he showed it during the first half of the SDSU game but what baffles we is why he goes into a hole at important parts of the game like the whole second half of that game and parts of the Arizona game. It’s weird cause he has designed nice pieces, but the second half of this year where he has relied heavily on the QB run is disappointing.

CalBison97
12-18-2022, 01:48 PM
A little creativity and ingenuity, like the 2-point play vs. IW, once in awhile would be a nice addition. Say what you want about “trick plays” but they have helped us win games in the distant-yet-not-so-distant past. We will not be running all over the bunnies. They are too athletic and will be selling out to stop the run (think flea flicker, qb throwback, double-pass with both qbs, etc). Watch some KC Chiefs film.

BisManBison
12-18-2022, 02:26 PM
Fire Hedberg, got it.

Beat me to it.

ByeSonBusiness
12-18-2022, 03:34 PM
Fire Hedberg, got it.

Hedberg is a unique situation. Local guy. Old.

Kevin
12-18-2022, 03:37 PM
How much of Messingham's success was Wentz/Stick being all time greats?

Not a dig, by the way. I'm genuinely curious. I think even our current playbook would be sufficient with Stick at the helm.

EC8CH
12-18-2022, 04:05 PM

Not a dig, by the way. I'm genuinely curious. I think even our current playbook would be sufficient with Stick at the helm.

Nah bro. That excuse only works for TP and TR, but never for CM. Never question why.

stevdock
12-18-2022, 05:53 PM
Roehl has the capability to be a good OC as he showed it during the first half of the SDSU game but what baffles we is why he goes into a hole at important parts of the game like the whole second half of that game and parts of the Arizona game. It’s weird cause he has designed nice pieces, but the second half of this year where he has relied heavily on the QB run is disappointing.

Roehl has depended on the QB run game the whole time he's been in charge. If Trey didn't run the ball we didn't move the ball the whole year. The next year no Trey and no QB that could run the ball and we struggled. The last two years Cam and Cole have been able to run the ball and they look better. Take the QB run game away and we don't move the ball consistently.

56BISON73
12-18-2022, 07:11 PM

How do you think they became great?

El_Chapo
12-18-2022, 07:30 PM
How do you think they became great?

hedberg mess roehl all overrated

Wentz Stick Lance talent far exceeded what those 3 have done for them

56BISON73
12-18-2022, 07:50 PM

https://i.imgur.com/skyxmBD.jpg

KSBisonFan
12-18-2022, 07:54 PM

Yeah, I'm sure Wentz, Stick and Trey would agree with this take:facepalm2::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::face palm2::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

OrygunBison
12-19-2022, 03:01 PM
A little creativity and ingenuity, like the 2-point play vs. IW, once in awhile would be a nice addition. Say what you want about “trick plays” but they have helped us win games in the distant-yet-not-so-distant past. We will not be running all over the bunnies. They are too athletic and will be selling out to stop the run (think flea flicker, qb throwback, double-pass with both qbs, etc). Watch some KC Chiefs film.

Nothing gets me more jazzed about Bison football than the times when I've seen the same hurry-up A-gap power play called 8 times in a row, each for about 8 or 9 yards. You all like that shit as well. It's foundational to the Bison identity. It only works with about 30 other A-gap power plays run before it, each for about 3 or 4 yards.

Let's not lose our identity just because some guys think it's boring. Hell, the national media thinks that's a big part of NDSU's story so they're always talking about it when we're on. The respect on FS1 for the NDSU power game was on full display during the Arizona game and it was awesome. Let's not lose that.

I know that we need to mix things in because SDSU has specifically recruited to beat NDSU and it's working for them lately. But I think we should be mixing other things in better, not abandoning a mostly working scheme.

CalBison97
12-19-2022, 04:15 PM
Nothing gets me more jazzed about Bison football than the times when I've seen the same hurry-up A-gap power play called 8 times in a row, each for about 8 or 9 yards. You all like that shit as well. It's foundational to the Bison identity. It only works with about 30 other A-gap power plays run before it, each for about 3 or 4 yards.

Let's not lose our identity just because some guys think it's boring. Hell, the national media thinks that's a big part of NDSU's story so they're always talking about it when we're on. The respect on FS1 for the NDSU power game was on full display during the Arizona game and it was awesome. Let's not lose that.

I know that we need to mix things in because SDSU has specifically recruited to beat NDSU and it's working for them lately. But I think we should be mixing other things in better, not abandoning a mostly working scheme.

I don't believe we can simply run A-gap mixed in with an occasional pass against the bunnies. They've beaten our power game 4 games in a row. And without Hunter, we are not going to pound it down their throat.

ZHerd
12-19-2022, 04:31 PM
I don't believe we can simply run A-gap mixed in with an occasional pass against the bunnies. They've beaten our power game 4 games in a row. And without Hunter, we are not going to pound it down their throat.

Ding ding. If our offense doesn’t have some balance we aren’t putting up points. Not going to beat them just running. I like their chances just running far more than ours.

Bisonator98
12-19-2022, 04:38 PM
Game plan has to involve 1st and 2nd down passing, that's how we got up on them in the first game. And don't let off the gas like we did second half!

Bison03
12-19-2022, 04:46 PM
Ughh. Are we still having this discussion. Tell me a another OC in the FCS that has led a team and coached them in 3 national championships games. I’ll..wait.

OrygunBison
12-19-2022, 07:58 PM
TR has as many Natty rings being OC as Mess has. TR is also being groomed as the next HC, which I think he'd be awesome for some day.

Jim Puetz
12-19-2022, 11:54 PM

I can't take this anymore