PDA

View Full Version : Frisco RIVALRY GAME Pregame Thread

Pages : [1] 2

El_Chapo
12-18-2022, 12:16 AM
Lets get it on!
Biggest rivalry game in ndsu history!
Ndsu better come out with hair on fire & punch them in the mouth!!

Fargo south is our town silly wabbits!

DRESS LUEPKE & LET HIM LEAD US ONTO THE FIELD...THE PLACE WILL GO CRAZY

PS I hope sdsu is favored -5 & WE ALL POUND THE +150 BISON MONEYLINE & BANKRUPT VEGAS

Hansel
12-18-2022, 12:23 AM
I enjoyed it when the announcer said today that the jacks were “juiced up”

EC8CH
12-18-2022, 12:26 AM
Is SD gonna even plow i29 north of Brookings?

DM05
12-18-2022, 12:30 AM
I enjoyed it when the announcer said today that the jacks were “juiced up”

Should be some excellent signs in the crowd, lots of different ways people can go....

Tax season is just around the corner.

DakotaOkie
12-18-2022, 12:32 AM
Probably just close the gates on every entrance ramp north of Brookings for about a week...

EC8CH
12-18-2022, 12:51 AM
https://twitter.com/argusmattz/status/1604269723616624640?t=agzE0G6DQAJDQb0rePTdqg&s=19

AKBison
12-18-2022, 01:21 AM
https://twitter.com/argusmattz/status/1604269723616624640?t=agzE0G6DQAJDQb0rePTdqg&s=19

All the pressure is on the Jacks for this game.

AKBison
12-18-2022, 01:21 AM

Double Post

El_Chapo
12-18-2022, 01:31 AM
Beating San Diego State with our 2nd team is gonna be oooohhhh delicious!!!

El_Chapo
12-18-2022, 02:30 AM
serious sdsu players? at the post game press conference??

https://www.facebook.com/100063607810942/posts/pfbid0zWhex56z2ZdyRETzv5QbM1WmwvF55Wwxm1HkFUbCyadS mv5NBBpBkYfZhKT4aUxl/?mibextid=Nif5oz

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
12-18-2022, 02:39 AM

quoted for truth

ByeSonBusiness
12-18-2022, 02:53 AM

Not really. Do you wanna be on the NDSU team who should (probably) lose to the Jackrabbit this year? I wouldn't.

Professor Chaos
12-18-2022, 02:56 AM
Just gonna leave this here.... :innocent:

https://gojacks.com/news/2022/12/17/football-fcs-ticket-information.aspx

Jackrabbit football season ticket holders can purchase tickets from SDSU's allotment starting at 8 p.m. Monday (Dec. 19) — details will be emailed;
• Any remaining tickets from SDSU's allotment will go on sale to the general public at 9 a.m. Wednesday (Dec. 21);

EC8CH
12-18-2022, 03:01 AM

They have to sell out. I'd be shocked if they didn't.

El_Chapo
12-18-2022, 03:10 AM

Tatanka & 3 others I know are still sdsu season ticket holders hmmmm

El_Chapo
12-18-2022, 03:11 AM
wait. sdsu copied our Gonna Play in Texas Frisco song after NDSU has used it to celebrate the last 11 years?? wtf.

there's literally 100s of Texas songs to choose.

https://twitter.com/SDSUHareRaisers/status/1604294014706089985?s=20&t=6SFkyz83CP-KbDrkzuh2XA

ndsubison1
12-18-2022, 04:13 AM
Someone put some Bison signs on the SD Border and exits throughout that shitty state please.

El_Chapo
12-18-2022, 04:49 AM
Someone put some Bison signs on the SD Border and exits throughout that shitty state please.

this !

I think this time off will help ndsu. injury wise 4 sure.
but ol stig & Lujan will spend 3 weeks trying to show how smart they are & will change up scripts/Perkins menus multiple times... and year end taxes

MyOhMy
12-18-2022, 06:38 AM

They have to get the one plow back from I90 out by Rapid first...

WhoRepsTheLurker
12-18-2022, 03:52 PM
With code green back at full health in Frisco, I expect a 4-quarter coin flip for this one. TR showed in the Marker Game that he is capable of aggressive/creative play calling (right?), the bunnies will get a critical personal foul at a key moment in the game, and I expect stig to make a joose-addled mistake at a critical moment as well

It always comes down to QB performance under pressure for the Bison in these games because everyone defends us the same way. OC can help him out but QB has to make plays. With three weeks they will get it figured out, and I like Cam as the underdog QB in Fargo South

El_Chapo
12-18-2022, 04:49 PM
With code green back at full health in Frisco, I expect a 4-quarter coin flip for this one. TR showed in the Marker Game that he is capable of aggressive/creative play calling (right?), the bunnies will get a critical personal foul at a key moment in the game, and I expect stig to make a joose-addled mistake at a critical moment as well

It always comes down to QB performance under pressure for the Bison in these games because everyone defends us the same way. OC can help him out but QB has to make plays. With three weeks they will get it figured out, and I like Cam as the underdog QB in Fargo South

I agree. I think NDSU defense is led by our best coach (Braun); with this 3 week layoff he will get some serious advice from past NDSU coaches/former players. Last year at Frisco Jerry Rosburg told us he talked to a coach.

I bet gus bradley could help as well.

if we could harness all of our former coaches former players to join together. NDSU would be unstoppable.

IndyBison
12-19-2022, 02:26 PM
SoCon crew assigned to championship game. MVFC crew may never get the championship game again until xDSU teams move to FBS.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

ndsubison1
12-19-2022, 02:35 PM

This. 3 weeks to prepare and get health, and our guys in the underdog role? Give me the Bison.

GreenfieldBison
12-19-2022, 03:02 PM
Got an email from NCAA with a "Buy Tickets" link so just for the hell of it I gave it a click. Whew! Some peeps really swingin for the fences there!

Bisonator98
12-19-2022, 03:38 PM
SoCon crew assigned to championship game. MVFC crew may never get the championship game again until xDSU teams move to FBS.

Why can't an MVFC crew do the game since both are MVFC teams? Seems like a no brainer to me since they would be familiar with the style of play.

CAS4127
12-19-2022, 03:51 PM
Why can't an MVFC crew do the game since both are MVFC teams? Seems like a no brainer to me since they would be familiar with the style of play.

Apparently because the rule doesn’t have an exception clause like “unless both participating teams are from the same conference”.

ndsubison1
12-19-2022, 04:04 PM
Massey Ratings have SDSU winning 26-24.

EC8CH
12-19-2022, 04:11 PM
Got an email from NCAA with a "Buy Tickets" link so just for the hell of it I gave it a click. Whew! Some peeps really swingin for the fences there!

Banking on the gullibility of rabbits.

mtoutfitter
12-19-2022, 04:30 PM
I'm curious to see what "Wabbit Twacker" app they come up with?

Kevin
12-19-2022, 04:55 PM
I think this game comes down to

1) can we stop them from gashing us up the middle. been soft there all year
2) can we gash them up the middle
3) can we complete a pass when we need to
4) is cole payton healthy enough to run qb 7 times
5) how many concussed sdsu players does stig sub into the game in the 4th quarter
6) there is no six.

Kevin
12-19-2022, 04:55 PM

it'll be like "sdsu fan leaves shack in brookings. goes to liquor store. goes to sisters shack. goes to liquor store. goes hunting. returns to own shack. drives south."

HerdThat!
12-19-2022, 04:59 PM

I can’t wait til they come out the tunnel to thunderstruck

MyOhMy
12-19-2022, 05:52 PM

I think if both teams are from the same conference then that conference's officials should have an even shot at refereeing it assuming they graded out high enough.

MyOhMy
12-19-2022, 05:54 PM
it'll be like "sdsu fan leaves shack in brookings. goes to liquor store. goes to sisters shack. goes to liquor store. goes hunting. returns to own shack. drives south."

Trust me, most of them probably can't even find Texas on a map.

IndyBison
12-19-2022, 05:55 PM
Apparently because the rule doesn’t have an exception clause like “unless both participating teams are from the same conference”.What the NCAA does with post-season assignments isn't always logical or consistent. Division III and FCS have said they will not allow the crews to be assigned from the conference of either team. Until this year, Division II required that if both teams are from the same conference, the crew was required to come from that conference. They changed that this year to align with the other levels. When the Bison played Illinois State in 2014, Patty lobbied hard for a MVFB crew to be assigned, but they refused.

The other thing each level has done is each conference submits 1 or 2 crews (usually mixed crews) to the supervisor for that level. The national supervisor (part-time role that exists primarily to do playoff assignments) assigns crews to the first 2 rounds. At the D2 and D3 level, those assignments are largely geographic to limit travel expenses. Texas only has 1 D3 conference, so a lucky northern crew gets flown down there for any assignments (Mary Harden Baylor has been a common location). FCS doesn't have any travel limitations. MVFC worked week 1 at SELA, and week 2 at Sacramento State.

The supervisor has observers watch each game in person or on video and grade the crews. The last 3 rounds are then worked by the top 6-7 crews based on those observations taking into account geography and teams participating. This year, D2 had the top 4 crews work the quarterfinals, and the championship crew was picked from that round.

FCS did some unexpected things this year. A MVFC crew worked the quarterfinal game at Montana State. It consisted of officials who worked week 1 and week 2 plus at least 2 officials who hadn't worked either. My assumption is that crew would have worked the championship game if neither NDSU nor SDSU had made it. I hoped they would get it if both made it, but that didn't happen. I heard the crew that worked the Bison game Friday night had not worked yet in the playoffs.

Playoff assignments are the ultimate currency for each official to do what they do. Downgrades during the season can remove that, especially at the D1 level (we aren't evaluated as closely in D3).

ndsubison1
12-19-2022, 06:47 PM
5Dimes opens SDSU -2.5. 47.5 Over/Under.

aces1180
12-19-2022, 07:58 PM
Just going to leave this here:

https://app.wyng.com/6399fd4806d975e558861014?fbclid=IwAR1QrfHRN6VohyVY JvF-yk0iiMPY77OS3Db-sPs0jNIC7c8rLtx168kRnTw (https://app.wyng.com/6399fd4806d975e558861014?fbclid=IwAR1QrfHRN6VohyVY JvF-yk0iiMPY77OS3Db-sPs0jNIC7c8rLtx168kRnTw)

bison22
12-19-2022, 08:31 PM

https://app.wyng.com/6399fd4806d975e558861014?fbclid=IwAR1QrfHRN6VohyVY JvF-yk0iiMPY77OS3Db-sPs0jNIC7c8rLtx168kRnTw (https://app.wyng.com/6399fd4806d975e558861014?fbclid=IwAR1QrfHRN6VohyVY JvF-yk0iiMPY77OS3Db-sPs0jNIC7c8rLtx168kRnTw)

Ha. I really hope someone from Bisonville wins this.

El_Chapo
12-19-2022, 09:33 PM

Thank you Aces! Lets fill it up with 701 & 218 area codes!!

https://www.facebook.com/BisoNation1

Kevin
12-19-2022, 10:11 PM
ima win that shit go to frisco and then i'm going to wake up in mexico with scottie and the corpse of ECE8HEH which we will weekend at bernies back to the border while trying to figure out what happened

it'll be a movie one day we'll call it

the hangover

totoinfl
12-20-2022, 12:24 AM
Thank you Aces! Lets fill it up with 701 & 218 area codes!!

https://www.facebook.com/BisoNation1

Sneaking in with my 386 area code…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HerdThat!
12-20-2022, 05:06 AM
So if the Jacks are considered the Home team, does that mean Jacks fans still key cars even though the game is not in SD?

Professor Chaos
12-20-2022, 01:15 PM
So if the Jacks are considered the Home team, does that mean Jacks fans still key cars even though the game is not in SD?
Hopefully them being in the east sideline also makes them think they need to tailgate on that side.

El_Chapo
12-20-2022, 01:35 PM
Hopefully them being in the east sideline also makes them think they need to tailgate on that side.

keep them over therr

Professor Chaos
12-20-2022, 03:03 PM
In my continued attempts of my heart trying to convince my head the Bison win this game I had another thought about the psychological edge the Bison may have in this game. I commented earlier in the year how I wonder if the wear of title expectations year after year is grinding on these guys making it more or a relief than an accomplishment when they do win it. For the first time in forever it seems (maybe the first time ever in Frisco) they're kind of playing with house money. If they lose it's something many of us expect - given how this year has gone just getting to Frisco was the hard part and now they can let it all hang out. I think that's the main thing I'm clinging to as to why I'm really liking the underdog role the Bison get to play in this one.

My head says "still not buying it" but I'll keep trying. :p

NDSU92
12-20-2022, 03:23 PM
In my continued attempts of my heart trying to convince my head the Bison win this game I had another thought about the psychological edge the Bison may have in this game. I commented earlier in the year how I wonder if the wear of title expectations year after year is grinding on these guys making it more or a relief than an accomplishment when they do win it. For the first time in forever it seems (maybe the first time ever in Frisco) they're kind of playing with house money. If they lose it's something many of us expect - given how this year has gone just getting to Frisco was the hard part and now they can let it all hang out. I think that's the main thing I'm clinging to as to why I'm really liking the underdog role the Bison get to play in this one.

It's easy chaos

-We're actual underdogs for first time in 6 years.
-SDSU modeled themselves after us and no one knows how to beat the Bison better than us.
-Montana State was severely overrated by almost everyone. I still don't know how people thought they had a chance against SDSU.
-We're getting some major contributors back on both offense and defense.
-SDSU has never winter camped before.

El_Chapo
12-20-2022, 03:31 PM
and when NDSU players are looking at 100+ former players and ex NFL and Natty title guys on saturday afternoon for the walk around, they will get amped and won't want to let them down.

sdsu will bring in weineke, zach zenner or nate freakin wolters LOL haha.. maybe their womens basketball team can show up.

ndsubison1
12-20-2022, 03:51 PM

3 weeks to prepare and get healthy. We made it to Frisco. Why pick against us now.

Professor Chaos
12-20-2022, 04:33 PM
3 weeks to prepare and get healthy. We made it to Frisco. Why pick against us now.
Oh, there's a myriad of reasons. This is the best team the Bison have played this year (better than the October SDSU version that was missing Tucker Kraft and had a hobbled Isaiah Davis). The Bison won't be getting back their most dynamic offensive player in Luepke. The offense has looked simplistic (as in not diverse) and easy to defend lately and the SDSU defense can absolutely shut down a one-dimensional offense no matter how good the o-line/run game is. To my amateur eye Brandon Westberg has struggled the last couple weeks a C and he'll be lined up across All-American (and future NFLer IMO) Caleb Sanders. I don't trust Cam Miller to start 12-12 again like he did in October against SDSU especially after his mega-struggles throwing the ball last week. Conversely Gronowski, Davis, Kraft, and company are looking better on offense than they have all year right now.

I'll stop there but that's some of the reasons why my head isn't willing to listen to my heart (yet...)

EDIT: I could really use a "who cares.... fuck 'em" from heffray right now. :D

EC8CH
12-20-2022, 04:42 PM
Oh, there's a myriad of reasons. This is the best team the Bison have played this year (better than the October SDSU version that was missing Tucker Kraft and had a hobbled Isaiah Davis). The Bison won't be getting back their most dynamic offensive player in Luepke. The offense has looked simplistic (as in not diverse) and easy to defend lately and the SDSU defense can absolutely shut down a one-dimensional offense no matter how good the o-line/run game is. To my amateur eye Brandon Westberg has struggled the last couple weeks a C and he'll be lined up across All-American (and future NFLer IMO) Caleb Sanders. I don't trust Cam Miller to start 12-12 again like he did in October against SDSU especially after his mega-struggles throwing the ball last week. Conversely Gronowski, Davis, Kraft, and company are looking better on offense than they have all year right now.

I'll stop there but that's some of the reasons why my head isn't willing to listen to my heart (yet...)

Blah blah blah...

NDSU was wearing green jerseys and yellow helmets last game.... they won't make that mistake again.

HerdThat!
12-20-2022, 05:07 PM
(Clears throat)

“FUCK EMMMMMMMMMM!”

(10 M’s)

Professor Chaos
12-20-2022, 05:08 PM
(Clears throat)

“FUCK EMMMMMMMMMM!”

(10 M’s)
Thanks! I feel better now. :cheers:

EC8CH
12-20-2022, 05:45 PM
https://friscohall.com/tour/
https://www.statealum.com/s/1108/21/interior.aspx?sid=1108&gid=1&pgid=6983&cid=10019&ecid=10019

Interesting location bunny's have picked for their pep rally. Only seats 560. Cute.

Bison03
12-20-2022, 06:22 PM
So a lot of things were different in May of 2021 when they were there. Still lockdowns or minimal capacity at places in Frisco/Plano, half attendance, little tailgating. The question is, how funny is it going to be when they get down there and all the restaurants/bars are decorated in green and yellow with Bison logos everywhere without a blue bunny in sight, and the tailgate lot is taken over by Bison nation! Lots of butthurt bunnies!

gavin2126
12-20-2022, 06:49 PM
https://www.statealum.com/s/1108/21/interior.aspx?sid=1108&gid=1&pgid=6983&cid=10019&ecid=10019

Interesting location bunny's have picked for their pep rally. Only seats 560. Cute.I wonder when they'll figure out who they're playing....

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

NDSU92
12-20-2022, 06:50 PM

Interesting location bunny's have picked for their pep rally. Only seats 560. Cute.

Bridesmaid U picked a wedding venue for a pep rally? lmao too funny

Hammerhead
12-20-2022, 08:28 PM

Meanwhile at the NDSU pep rally: the first 2,000 attendees will receive a FREE Gate City Bank stadium bag

ByeSonBusiness
12-21-2022, 01:16 AM
Apparently Tucker Kraft turned down Alabama this off-season. Notre Dame podcast im listening to says they offered ND's tight end 7 figures...and offered Kraft a very healthy sum of cash as well.

Snowgoose
12-21-2022, 02:20 AM
If that’s true about Kraft this whole thing is sad. No way should anybody be able to offer another player already on a team as that should be a serious violation with serious penalties.

HerdThat!
12-21-2022, 02:57 AM
If that’s true about Kraft this whole thing is sad. No way should anybody be able to offer another player already on a team as that should be a serious violation with serious penalties.

He was going to accept and leave, but Stig has some dirt on him and threatened to expose it he left.

EC8CH
12-21-2022, 03:09 AM
He was going to accept and leave, but Stig has some dirt on him and threatened to expose it he left.

Threatened his grandma is what I heard.

sbark
12-21-2022, 04:39 AM
Apparently Tucker Kraft turned down Alabama this off-season. Notre Dame podcast im listening to says they offered ND's tight end 7 figures...and offered Kraft a very healthy sum of cash as well.

Kraft going Pro
Shhhh

El_Chapo
12-21-2022, 05:21 AM

if true then Kraft is the dumbest MOFO at sdsu since Dallas Punch me in the face goedert

gavin2126
12-21-2022, 02:20 PM
I think this game comes down to

1) can we stop them from gashing us up the middle. been soft there all year
2) can we gash them up the middle
3) can we complete a pass when we need to
4) is cole payton healthy enough to run qb 7 times
5) how many concussed sdsu players does stig sub into the game in the 4th quarter
6) there is no six.

1) somewhat
2) not gonna happen
3) no idea
4) at least 7 times. In fact, with Cam being a dangerous running threat now Bison should run the 2 QB system like the Bobcats were doing.
5) I can't remember what 5 was
7) or what comes after 5

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

CyPanth
12-22-2022, 03:08 AM

Heeheehee. It's cute when you guys try to be reasonable and non-arrogant. :rofl:

CyPanth
12-22-2022, 03:10 AM
Thanks! I feel better now. :cheers:

That's more like it. Now, I know I'm back on the real Bison site. :nod:

BigHorns
12-22-2022, 03:20 AM

Standard practice in FBS, at least 60% of the P5 are doing it. They make offers via third parties (high school coaches, teammates, etc) so the school can't be held directly responsible. Technically tampering, but nobody cares anymore. The 'elite' FBS schools with $100M budgets buy the coaches and players they want.

steelbison
12-22-2022, 04:02 AM
Standard practice in FBS, at least 60% of the P5 are doing it. They make offers via third parties (high school coaches, teammates, etc) so the school can't be held directly responsible. Technically tampering, but nobody cares anymore. The 'elite' FBS schools with $100M budgets buy the coaches and players they want.

The Pitt head coach said the North Carolina QB was offered 5 million by two different SEC teams. Not sure how that can be legal when he isnt in the portal. The NCAA has basically created a free for all.

IndyBison
12-22-2022, 04:28 AM
The Pitt head coach said the North Carolina QB was offered 5 million by two different SEC teams. Not sure how that can be legal when he isnt in the portal. The NCAA has basically created a free for all.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThey were forced into a free for all. This is why they have tried tried prevent removing three 1 year ineligibilty for transfers and NIL money. The transfer portal itself is a good vehicle for those who want to transfer and those who want to find transfers. The other 2 things are why it's used so often.

BigHorns
12-22-2022, 10:34 PM

It's not "legal" per NCAA recruiting rules, but nobody cares. The barn door was opened with the Portal and NIL, and it's too late to close it. SEC and B1G schools will grab all the at large bids and win the CFP every single year.

Eventually they will punish a small school for this. Like the old Tarkanian quote "The NCAA was so mad at Kentucky they gave Cleveland State two more years of probation."

CAS4127
12-23-2022, 01:13 AM
It's not "legal" per NCAA recruiting rules, but nobody cares. The barn door was opened with the Portal and NIL, and it's too late to close it. SEC and B1G schools will grab all the at large bids and win the CFP every single year.

Eventually they will punish a small school for this. Like the old Tarkanian quote "The NCAA was so mad at Kentucky they gave Cleveland State two more years of probation."

95% of Posters/Bison fans here said the portal and NIL were great for college football and players, without ever considering what it would do to college football in general. And now most of those same people are bitches. Meanwhile, those of us who said those were bad ideas and would fuck everything up sit here and say “we told you so”.

The same shit is happening generally throughout the USA. I’ll be right here saying “we told you so”.

#conspiracy theorist. FU!

mtoutfitter
12-23-2022, 01:16 AM
95% of Posters/Bison fans here said the portal and NIL was great for college football and players, without ever considering what it would do to college football in general. And now most of those same people are bitches. Meanwhile, those of us who said those were bad ideas and would fuck everything up sit here and say “we told you so”.

The same shit is happening generally throughout the USA. I’ll be right here saying “we told you so”.

It's good for the "Collective" Comrad!

El_Chapo
12-23-2022, 01:47 AM
95% of Posters/Bison fans here said the portal and NIL were great for college football and players, without ever considering what it would do to college football in general. And now most of those same people are bitches. Meanwhile, those of us who said those were bad ideas and would fuck everything up sit here and say “we told you so”.

CAS I'll buy you and me 1 of these thru my buddy making them. I'll even buy 1 for your brokeback buddy MTBison. :) ;) see pic and send me a size.

mtoutfitter
12-23-2022, 02:03 AM
CAS I'll buy you and me 1 of these thru my buddy making them. I'll even buy 1 for your brokeback buddy MTBison. :) ;) see pic and send me a size.

I'll do what your folks should have done and put you in it, tie the bottom in a knot and throw you in the creek.

IndyBison
12-23-2022, 02:11 AM

#conspiracy theorist. FU!The main reason these two things have created this chaos is they removed the requirement to sit out for 1 season as a transfer. The portal itself is actually a good tool for those who choose to transfer. NIL has probably accelerated it even more than it would.

CAS4127
12-23-2022, 02:14 AM

Gabe/Menard size. Good effing god already.

when will people get real with reality and common sense?

El_Chapo
12-23-2022, 12:58 PM
I hear ya CAS!! Merry Christmas!

Back to the Game. the 2 sdsu fans I actually know really think they are gonna destroy NDSU

sage
12-23-2022, 01:13 PM
The hares have never won a national football championship, is this a fact?

scottietohottie
12-23-2022, 02:41 PM
Gabe/Menard size. Good effing god already.

when will people get real with reality and common sense?

My meth barn ranch stuff showed up too. You and Mt are going to be the best dressed in Frisco eh. The beanies are still on backorder eh. That's what I was going to send you eh. Pointless post eh.

ByeSonBusiness
12-23-2022, 04:20 PM
if true then Kraft is the dumbest MOFO at sdsu since Dallas Punch me in the face goedert

Why is that dumb? Would have thought you (of all people) would be happy that an elite FCS player rejected the blueblood money to stay.

CAS4127
12-23-2022, 04:33 PM
I’m interested in hearing about SDSU “healthy” scratch players in the days leading up to the game.

ByeSonBusiness
12-23-2022, 04:46 PM

I don't think its "standard practice." I think its certainly present though. Plenty of these schools are still abiding by the rules or making something resembling a good faith effort.

TAMU dropped (allegedly) over $30 million on their 2021 recruiting class and it blew up in their face. Tennessee had a locker room fight regarding the money the QB was making this year. USC got all of like 600 receiving yards from their multi-million dollar receiver transfer. Oregon apparently spent about $40 million on their current class.

Plenty of big schools with big money seem to be trying to get this done "right" without selling their souls. I have a feeling that the NCAA is hoping Congress steps in.

IndyBison
12-23-2022, 05:01 PM
I don't think its "standard practice." I think its certainly present though. Plenty of these schools are still abiding by the rules or making something resembling a good faith effort.

TAMU dropped (allegedly) over $30 million on their 2021 recruiting class and it blew up in their face. Tennessee had a locker room fight regarding the money the QB was making this year. USC got all of like 600 receiving yards from their multi-million dollar receiver transfer. Oregon apparently spent about $40 million on their current class.

Plenty of big schools with big money seem to be trying to get this done "right" without selling their souls. I have a feeling that the NCAA is hoping Congress steps in.I believe the NIL money is coming from outside the schools. Not sure how much the schools can be involved with diverting funds to different recruits, but the money isn't coming FROM the schools. I'm sure there is a close connection in some cases, and there could be conditions in the terms tied to specific schools. A booster of a specific school may be more likely to tie the NIL money to a specific school while national brands (i.e. shoes, retail) may be more general.

I knew NIL would be a more about recruiting than performance. I didn't expect the numbers to be this big, but that's where we are. This will continue to cause issues in the locker room.

El_Chapo
12-23-2022, 05:09 PM
I’m interested in hearing about SDSU “healthy” scratch players in the days leading up to the game.

how many trick plays does stiggy do

ndsubison1
12-23-2022, 05:56 PM
how many trick plays does stiggy do

They will have 1 or 2. I bet we use 1 as well.

BigHorns
12-23-2022, 07:38 PM
I believe the NIL money is coming from outside the schools. Not sure how much the schools can be involved with diverting funds to different recruits, but the money isn't coming FROM the schools. I'm sure there is a close connection in some cases, and there could be conditions in the terms tied to specific schools. A booster of a specific school may be more likely to tie the NIL money to a specific school while national brands (i.e. shoes, retail) may be more general.

I knew NIL would be a more about recruiting than performance. I didn't expect the numbers to be this big, but that's where we are. This will continue to cause issues in the locker room.

Yes, technically "outside" the school from boosters, but the NILs get their direction from the Coaches on who to go target. They contact them via 3rd parties to have some plausible deniability, but everyone knows its at the direction of the football programs.

It's clearly illegal by the rules, and yet a huge percentage of P5 schools are doing this. The G5 schools watch all their talent get sucked up like a vacuum cleaner. Even lower rung P5s are losing their talent.

"There's more tampering going on than you could ever imagine," Dickert told reporters earlier in the week. "We've had guys contact our players' parents. We had a coach from another school contact one of our players and offer him (an) NIL. A coach."

Some players have confirmed the tampering fears, too. Pitt linebacker SirVocea Dennis told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review before the season that two schools contacted him earlier in the year despite Dennis never entering his name into the NCAA Transfer Portal. Dennis claims he quickly declined the two offers and told the undisclosed suitors that their actions were in violation of NCAA rules.

“I respectfully told them that what they were trying to do is illegal and it could, actually, ruin my eligibility," Dennis told The Tribune-Review. "If they wanted to talk to me, I would have to have been in the portal already.”

https://247sports.com/Article/Washington-State-coach-Jake-Dickert-alleges-mass-tampering-in-college-football-with-NIL-incentives--200651323/

It's a broken system at this point, and not sure much can be done to fix it.

NDSU92
12-23-2022, 09:08 PM
Y'all need to discern between illegal as "against the law" vs illegal as "against NCAA rules".

One is definitely illegal and one might be illegal, if it is against the law...

KSBisonFan
12-23-2022, 10:50 PM
They will have 1 or 2. I bet we use 1 as well.

Hopefully we're ready when they motion the TE to take the snap on short yardage downs.

CAS4127
12-24-2022, 12:00 AM
Y'all need to discern between illegal as "against the law" vs illegal as "against NCAA rules".

One is definitely illegal and one might be illegal, if it is against the law...

Rule violation vs. Illegal.

To go a bit further: Rule violation < Malum prohibitum < Malum in se.

BigHorns
12-24-2022, 02:17 AM
Rule violation vs. Illegal.

To go a bit further: Rule violation < Malum prohibitum < Malum in se.

Illegal:
adjective
1) forbidden by law or statute.
2) contrary to or forbidden by official rules, regulations, etc.:
The referee ruled that it was an illegal forward pass

Tampering during recruiting is by definition illegal per NCAA rules.
Not all NCAA violations are criminal, however some may be.

CAS4127
12-24-2022, 03:07 AM
Illegal:
adjective
1) forbidden by law or statute.
2) contrary to or forbidden by official rules, regulations, etc.:
The referee ruled that it was an illegal forward
Tampering during recruiting is by definition illegal per NCAA rules.
Not all NCAA violations are criminal, however some may be.

violation of a rule, not = illegal. The violative action/conduct broke rule, not a law.

ByeSonBusiness
12-24-2022, 05:17 AM
If folks wanna get in the weeds, one must see how the NCAA is defining the terms!

BigHorns
12-24-2022, 02:49 PM
If folks wanna get in the weeds, one must see how the NCAA is defining the terms!

The english dictionary and mainstream press articles are enough for me.
I quoted a newspaper article, and folks want to debate how they are using the english language.

Illegal in a sports context is not always equivalent to criminal, but the two are being conflated.

EC8CH
12-25-2022, 12:40 AM
SDSU paying in Hawaii as I type.

NDSU92
12-25-2022, 04:37 AM

What’s the difference? They both have inferior research classifications

EC8CH
12-25-2022, 09:33 AM
What’s the difference? They both have inferior research classifications

One has cheerleaders who eat the turf.

Snowgoose
12-25-2022, 12:29 PM
They will never win this game as they couldn’t even beat us when they had Marshall Faulk.

El_Chapo
12-25-2022, 06:19 PM

they won't be as rested as ndsu

EC8CH
12-25-2022, 07:25 PM
they won't be as rested as ndsu

Lotta air miles back and forth. Franky surprises they agreed to play that game.

EC8CH
12-25-2022, 08:44 PM
L
F
Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Sun Bison
12-25-2022, 10:15 PM
With all due respect to SoDak St. Let's wreck the bunnies and take home the trophy!

El_Chapo
12-27-2022, 12:01 AM
I think NDSU will have to be more creative much like 1st half of marker game and Tyler will have to maintain it for 4 quarters. he can revert into 6-7 QB draws

bruinbison
12-27-2022, 12:05 AM
SDSU Profile Article by photographer who covers the team:

https://www.keloland.com/sports/castora-sdsu-football-what-ive-seen-after-14-games/

17>1
12-27-2022, 02:28 PM
We're out to Thursday 1/5 on the 10-day forecast for Frisco, looking like low 60's for now.....I'll take it!

El_Chapo
12-27-2022, 02:34 PM
We're out to Thursday 1/5 on the 10-day forecast for Frisco, looking like low 60's for now.....I'll take it!

ill believe it when i see it

ndsubison1
12-27-2022, 08:46 PM
Bison win. Im feeling it.

bajadanny
12-27-2022, 09:03 PM
Bison win. Im feeling it.

Me too NDSU doesn’t lose in Texas

El_Chapo
12-27-2022, 09:09 PM
Me too NDSU doesn’t lose in Texas

harvest helmet combo thats 23-0 and frisco 9-0 lets GOOOOOOOOO

Professor Chaos
12-29-2022, 03:03 AM
The officiating crew will be out of the SOCON: https://twitter.com/SamHerderFCS/status/1608239209394982914

Still wish they would/could assign an MVFC crew when two MVFC teams meet in the playoffs - makes me nervous that these SOCON refs won't be prepared for the physicality these teams play with and will needlessly implant themselves into the game.

IndyBison
12-29-2022, 03:06 AM
The officiating crew will be out of the SOCON: https://twitter.com/SamHerderFCS/status/1608239209394982914

Still wish they would/could assign an MVFC crew when two MVFC teams meet in the playoffs - makes me nervous that these SOCON refs won't be prepared for the physicality these teams play with and will needlessly implant themselves into the game.SoCon refs will be fine. They have a good official pipeline in that region. They've seen all varieties of play, so physicality won't be an issue. But I agree they should let a MVFC crew work the game. If not, they may never get the game until NDSU and SDSU move up.

El_Chapo
12-29-2022, 03:34 AM
maybe the socon refs will be excited to ref 2 big time opponents..

Indy. go do some film work, we gotta see thier tendencies.

GreenfieldBison
12-29-2022, 03:05 PM
Anonymous coaches opinions regarding natty winner.

Spoiler alert: predominantly SDSU

https://herosports.com/fcs-championship-anonymous-coaches-predict-ndsu-sdsu-winner-bzbz/

Mr Pep Band
12-29-2022, 03:06 PM

Still wish they would/could assign an MVFC crew when two MVFC teams meet in the playoffs - makes me nervous that these SOCON refs won't be prepared for the physicality these teams play with and will needlessly implant themselves into the game.

Good. SoCon seems to be one of the more physical conferences outside the valley, well at least they used to be with Georgia Southern and App State. Better then Southland or OVC at least.

ndsubison1
12-29-2022, 03:29 PM

https://herosports.com/fcs-championship-anonymous-coaches-predict-ndsu-sdsu-winner-bzbz/

Nice. Bison win. Good luck beating a Bison team twice in a season.

GreenfieldBison
12-29-2022, 03:50 PM
Nice. Bison win. Good luck beating a Bison team twice in a season.

As Sam mentions in the article, the last time the Bison were underdogs was in 2016 heading into Kinnick Stadium. It is an unfamiliar role for them. I am eager to see how it fuels.

ndsubison1
12-29-2022, 04:33 PM
As Sam mentions in the article, the last time the Bison were underdogs was in 2016 heading into Kinnick Stadium. It is an unfamiliar role for them. I am eager to see how it fuels.

I agree. SDSU is certainly capable of slowing us down and matches our physicality well. I am expecting a tight game and we get it done in the end. Force Gronowski to have to win it.

17>1
12-29-2022, 04:47 PM

This is shaping up to be one of the most anticipated championship games we've seen down there. 2011 might never be topped as that was the first D1 chipper. Both of the JMU games were pretty hype as well. But with us being dogs in a championship game against arguably our biggest rival....that should be enough to get even some of the Bison fatigue folks down there. I never pick against the Bison, ever. Not about to start now either.

Go Bison!

NDSU92
12-29-2022, 05:50 PM
Love me a Bison squad that has their backs against the wall and a chip on their shoulder.

Take out the horror movie of a first quarter against UIW and I think NDSU's playoff performances were better than SDSU's. I really think that first quarter is affecting a lot of peoples' opinions. I see the opposite, I see a team that took some huge hits and came back with a vengeance. On the flip side, people somehow forget that SDSU got dominated for 3 quarters by Holy Cross.

We're certainly the underdogs - especially with the injuries - but I don't think that matters much. I am curious if Stig plays it safe thinking he's got the better squad (similar to what we always seem to do...) or if he goes for broke knowing this is likely the most at-risk team NDSU has brought to Frisco.

ndsubison1
12-29-2022, 05:54 PM

Now that I think of it, I think we were underdogs to one of the JMU teams. Cant remember which year.

TransAmBison
12-29-2022, 05:55 PM
Love me a Bison squad that has their backs against the wall and a chip on their shoulder.

Take out the horror movie of a first quarter against UIW and I think NDSU's playoff performances were better than SDSU's. I really think that first quarter is affecting a lot of peoples' opinions. I see the opposite, I see a team that took some huge hits and came back with a vengeance. On the flip side, people somehow forget that SDSU got dominated for 3 quarters by Holy Cross.

We're certainly the underdogs - especially with the injuries - but I don't think that matters much. I am curious if Stig plays it safe thinking he's got the better squad (similar to what we always seem to do...) or if he goes for broke knowing this is likely the most at-risk team NDSU has brought to Frisco.SDSU dominated by Holy Cross? Guess I remember that game a bit differently. Holy Cross was more hanging on by a thread until it all unraveled.

TAILG8R
12-29-2022, 05:57 PM
The hares have never won a national football championship, is this a fact?

17>1 is going to have to change his moniker to 18>0

NDSU92
12-29-2022, 06:09 PM
SDSU dominated by Holy Cross? Guess I remember that game a bit differently. Holy Cross was more hanging on by a thread until it all unraveled.

If it wasn't for Holy Cross' terrible INT for a TD before half I honestly don't know if SDSU wins that game. Holy Cross nearly took a lead into the 4th quarter and they were cruising. SDSU gave up over 200 yards rushing to the HC quarterback.

Even at the end of the game, SDSU got outgained, HC had more first downs and HC had the upper hand in time of possession. I'd hardly say they were just holding on.

This is all against a team that would be a 2 TD underdog to UIW.

gavin2126
12-29-2022, 06:26 PM
If it wasn't for Holy Cross' terrible INT for a TD before half I honestly don't know if SDSU wins that game. Holy Cross nearly took a lead into the 4th quarter and they were cruising. SDSU gave up over 200 yards rushing to the HC quarterback.

Even at the end of the game, SDSU got outgained, HC had more first downs and HC had the upper hand in time of possession. I'd hardly say they were just holding on.

I don't think either SDSU or HC dominated each other, it was a pretty evenly played game that the Jacks won going away. Though I suspect the Jacks were probably overlooking them a little after seeing what Montana State did to William & Mary the night before.

HC was a lot better than I expected, they'd give UIW all they could handle.

ByeSonBusiness
12-29-2022, 06:27 PM

Not sure about a deep dive on a three touchdown SDSU win. Feels like a bit of a reach considering how the Incarnate Word game went.

mtoutfitter
12-29-2022, 06:30 PM

I see HC outgained the Jacks 413 to 393. QB ran for over 200 so I'm guessing the Bison will be heavy on QB run?

EC8CH
12-29-2022, 06:37 PM
I see HC outgained the Jacks 413 to 393. QB ran for over 200 so I'm guessing the Bison will be heavy on QB run?

https://y.yarn.co/dfcb6992-a2a9-4fd7-88b5-52ce69c06717_text.gif

Professor Chaos
12-29-2022, 06:55 PM
They actually were slight underdogs going into the 2019 natty (in January 2020) against JMU for some reason. A few buddies and I got in on the money line when the spread was NDSU +1.5 and doubled our money. I would say it's accurate that the last time they were more than the 4 point underdogs they currently are is 2016 against Iowa.

Hammerhead
12-29-2022, 07:48 PM
The ISUr game was highly anticipated by many people and should at least be closer than last year's championship.

This is shaping up to be one of the most anticipated championship games we've seen down there. 2011 might never be topped as that was the first D1 chipper. Both of the JMU games were pretty hype as well. But with us being dogs in a championship game against arguably our biggest rival....that should be enough to get even some of the Bison fatigue folks down there. I never pick against the Bison, ever. Not about to start now either.

Go Bison!

17>1
12-29-2022, 08:52 PM
The ISUr game was highly anticipated by many people and should at least be closer than last year's championship.

That's true! That was kind of the Missouri Valley deciding game IIRC as I think we shared the conference championship with them that year.

El_Chapo
12-29-2022, 09:04 PM

those are made up.. 0 chance all those coaches answered. don't be silly

NDSU92
12-29-2022, 09:47 PM
Not sure about a deep dive on a three touchdown SDSU win. Feels like a bit of a reach considering how the Incarnate Word game went.

For three quarters Holy Cross looked the better team. That is the point that I made. SDSU scored three touchdowns going away in the 4th Q and still came out with fewer yards, first downs and time of possession.

And then of course contrast that with our game against a much better UIW, where we had a shockingly bad quarter but dominated the rest of the game after that.

Both teams won and both teams showed a lot of vulnerability. UIW is considerably better than HC. So what I’m saying is why does NDSU get dinged for the UIW game but SDSU gets a pass for HC?

EC8CH
12-29-2022, 09:49 PM
For three quarters Holy Cross looked the better team. That is the point that I made. SDSU scored three touchdowns going away in the 4th Q and still came out with fewer yards, first downs and time of possession.

HC QB running gave them fits and he didn't appear to be the very athletic. Tough kid but not a burner or a bruiser.

gavin2126
12-29-2022, 10:59 PM
Both teams won and both teams showed a lot of vulnerability. UIW is considerably better than HC. So what I’m saying is why does NDSU get dinged for the UIW game but SDSU gets a pass for HC?

I would disagree that UIW is considerably better than HC. UIW is probably 4th best team in the country after accounting for playoff performance and HC is right behind them at 5 or 6.

Also I’m not sure NDSU is getting dinged for their performance against UIW, its more UIW getting a bump for their performance against NDSU. But to answer your question about why SDSU gets a pass and NDSU doesn’t is because SDSU rebounded with a dominating victory over the team many thought was going to win it all, while UIW remains the most recent game for the Bison.

Professor Chaos
12-30-2022, 12:10 AM
I would disagree that UIW is considerably better than HC. UIW is probably 4th best team in the country after accounting for playoff performance and HC is right behind them at 5 or 6.

Also I’m not sure NDSU is getting dinged for their performance against UIW, its more UIW getting a bump for their performance against NDSU. But to answer your question about why SDSU gets a pass and NDSU doesn’t is because SDSU rebounded with a dominating victory over the team many thought was going to win it all, while UIW remains the most recent game for the Bison.
I'd say UIW is #3 and Holy Cross is #4. Montana St falls below both (and Sac St for that matter) at the end of the season IMO.

NDSU92
12-30-2022, 01:11 AM

Vegas would open with HC as around an 11 point underdog to UIW if they played on a neutral field today.

CAS4127
12-30-2022, 01:23 AM

And then of course contrast that with our game against a much better UIW, where we had a shockingly bad quarter but dominated the rest of the game after that.

Could have just stopped “For three quarters”.

EC8CH
12-30-2022, 12:24 PM
T Swift has really let herself go:

http://youtu.be/XlSSwOspdbw

NDSU92
12-30-2022, 01:07 PM

SDSU fans are so cute. They just try sooo hard. So hard.

Of course he can't even get two sentences into his song without mentioning big brother

ndsubison1
12-30-2022, 01:22 PM
Started listening to the Splitting Hares Podcast by some SDSU Rubes. It's a good listen, but man they get salty towards us.

EC8CH
12-30-2022, 01:23 PM
SDSU fans are so cute. They just try sooo hard. So hard.

Of course he can't even get two sentences into his song without mentioning big brother

Didn't some one associated with NDSU made something like this with new lyrics 5 or 6 years ago? If I recall right they managed to write an entire song without needing to mention another team.

EC8CH
12-30-2022, 01:25 PM
Started listening to the Splitting Hares Podcast by some SDSU Rubes. It's a good listen, but man they get salty towards us.

https://i.imgflip.com/3e0oaw.jpg

EC8CH
12-30-2022, 01:35 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/75vhta.jpg

NDSU92
12-30-2022, 01:53 PM

Whelp, morning coffee just went up my nose lmfao

ByeSonBusiness
12-30-2022, 03:42 PM

NDSU didn't dominate 3 quarters against UIW though. NDSU outscored them by 2 whole points in the second half. NDSU had 200+ fewer yards. Half as many first downs. About the same TOP. I don't know if UIW is better than HC or not, I don't think it really matters. I don't think the two games are comparable.

I don't think either team gets "dinged", but if one was to get dinged, it would be the one who held on to win by 3, not the one who won going away.

El_Chapo
12-30-2022, 03:48 PM

CAS. is this a cousin from natawaywash?

you better go set his ass straight

17>1
12-30-2022, 04:18 PM
10-day forecast showing sunny and 61 on Sunday January 8th. I know a lot can change over the next 10 days but as of right now it's looking pretty great for a football game.

El_Chapo
12-30-2022, 08:42 PM
10-day forecast showing sunny and 61 on Sunday January 8th. I know a lot can change over the next 10 days but as of right now it's looking pretty great for a football game.

I'll take the UNDER on this

GreenfieldBison
01-02-2023, 01:49 PM
Sam Herder's score prediction, with reasoning.

SDSU 28-24

https://herosports.com/fcs-championship-ndsu-sdsu-prediction-bzbz/

CyPanth
01-02-2023, 10:17 PM

Ugh. That guy has the range and execution quality of the Jerkbunny offense!

CyPanth
01-02-2023, 10:29 PM
Has anyone seen a commercial on ESPN for the NDSU game? It baffles my mind that they do so little to promote their own product, especially when it has so many great storylines. :sigpalm:

EC8CH
01-02-2023, 10:38 PM
Has anyone seen a commercial on ESPN for the NDSU game? It baffles my mind that they do so little to promote their own product, especially when it has so many great storylines. :sigpalm:

Hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha

A decade of zero advertising, why start now?

southcliffbison
01-02-2023, 10:58 PM
I have seen one. One, mind you. It wasn't during a commercial break either; it appear on the monitor during a dead period between downs in a bowl game, almost as an afterthought.

ringthebells
01-03-2023, 12:17 AM
I saw one, it was on for a bit of time. They even knew it was South Dakota State and then blabbered on about the NDSU dominance in FCS. You guys have earned it. I cannot wait for Sunday.

GreenfieldBison
01-03-2023, 01:36 PM
Craig Haley piece regarding five key numbers..

https://theanalyst.com/na/2023/01/fcs-championship-game-five-key-numbers-to-know-with-north-dakota-state/

Edit: and a bonus - https://athlonsports.com/college-football/fcs-football-ranking-championship-games-frisco-texas-era

El_Chapo
01-03-2023, 02:04 PM
as much as we are focused on Roehls playcalling...play calling....

our DEFENSE is what will win this Natty. Aggressive Smashmouth blitzing is what NDSU DEFENSE needs to do

ndsubison1
01-03-2023, 02:12 PM
as much as we are focused on Roehls playcalling...play calling....

our DEFENSE is what will win this Natty. Aggressive Smashmouth blitzing is what NDSU DEFENSE needs to do

I agree. We need to stop the run first and foremost. But the SDSU Play by Play Guy on the Insiders said our blitzing the first game caught them off guard 1st half. We still need to do that and be aggressive. We need to pressure Gronowski and make him truly play well for 4 quarters to beat us. Hope we get both Mostaerts, Weerts, Roques, ready to go.

Professor Chaos
01-03-2023, 02:57 PM
To those of you planning to watch the Bison game this Sunday on TV.... I'm sorry.

https://twitter.com/SamHerderFCS/status/1610303448591007754

The ABC broadcast crew for the #FCSChampionship will be:
Roy Philpott (play-by-play)
Jay Walker (analyst)
Paul Carcaterra (sideline)

870XPRS
01-03-2023, 04:11 PM
The ABC broadcast crew for the #FCSChampionship will be:
Roy Philpott (play-by-play)
Jay Walker (analyst)
Paul Carcaterra (sideline)

change.org??

HerdBot
01-03-2023, 04:17 PM

Its kind of mindboggling. Especially since the game costs them basically nothing

NDSU92
01-03-2023, 04:20 PM
Its kind of mindboggling. Especially since the game costs them basically nothing

What is the actual delta that the game brings over what is normally on ABC during the sunday of the last week of NFL regular season? How much would that change if it was advertised?

NDSUBowler
01-03-2023, 04:25 PM
Neither Mostaert on the Frisco depth chart, nor is TWill and Raja.

I think NDSU truly needs one or both Mostaerts to be able to hang with SDSU.

scbison91
01-03-2023, 04:26 PM
change.org??Carcaterra good. I like him. See alot of him during lacrosse season.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

ndsubison1
01-03-2023, 04:58 PM

I wonder if theres any gamesmanship going on here, or if they were expected to play theyd be listed as "Or". Who knows, but we'll know Sunday. T Will would be a huge loss for our run game and offense. Kobe isnt designed to take 18+ carries in a game.

NDSUBowler
01-03-2023, 04:59 PM
I wonder if theres any gamesmanship going on here, or if they were expected to play theyd be listed as "Or". Who knows, but we'll know Sunday. T Will would be a huge loss for our run game and offense. Kobe isnt designed to take 20 carries in a game.

Agree with all.

Hoping it's some smoke and mirrors.

Professor Chaos
01-03-2023, 05:27 PM
I'd say it's Entz trying to be secretive about those guys (although not sure why he wouldn't do the same with Weerts and Roques then). He said this two weeks ago in terms of Tamerik Williams playing in Frisco: https://twitter.com/BisonReport/status/1605661487787151360

Is his presser today? IIRC usually he has a game week presser before the team leaves for Frisco.

ndsubison1
01-03-2023, 05:34 PM
I'd say it's Entz trying to be secretive about those guys (although not sure why he wouldn't do the same with Weerts and Roques then). He said this two weeks ago in terms of Tamerik Williams playing in Frisco: https://twitter.com/BisonReport/status/1605661487787151360

Is his presser today? IIRC usually he has a game week presser before the team leaves for Frisco.

Not to mention look who our opponent is. If there's a team we would do this against its definitely SDSU.

1998braves64
01-03-2023, 05:45 PM
Wasn't Wentz basically a game-time decision (at least to the public) as well? Why wouldn't they drag it out if it is "allowed"?

870XPRS
01-03-2023, 06:11 PM
Carcaterra good. I like him. See alot of him during lacrosse season.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Agreed...my ire is directly aimed at Jay Walker. The guy is the absolute worst to ever do it.

Kevin
01-03-2023, 06:11 PM
Anyone want to predict who the breakout player in this game is going to be? Obviously based off the last few days it's going to be won via the run game which leaves us (according to depth chart) Kobe, TK, Cam and Cole. Is it one of those four or does someone else come into the picture?

Professor Chaos
01-03-2023, 06:13 PM
Anyone want to predict who the breakout player in this game is going to be? Obviously based off the last few days it's going to be won via the run game which leaves us (according to depth chart) Kobe, TK, Cam and Cole. Is it one of those four or does someone else come into the picture?
Jayden Price - punt return TD and pick return TD.

bruinbison
01-03-2023, 06:20 PM

For those wondering about true freshman playing at Frisco……

If that listed depth chart holds true,
then true freshman Logan Larson would be the backup at DT.
The 6’ 3” 262 Larson was mentioned early in the season as someone who might play, especially with the 4 game rule.

El_Chapo
01-03-2023, 07:30 PM
all true freshman can play. all exempt due to NCAA exemption this bowl season

GreenfieldBison
01-03-2023, 08:14 PM
Agreed...my ire is directly aimed at Jay Walker. The guy is the absolute worst to ever do it.

Let's just hope he does us a solid and picks SDSU to win.

ndsubison1
01-03-2023, 09:09 PM

If we win its probably Cam.

GreenfieldBison
01-03-2023, 09:38 PM
If we win its probably Cam.

... and his tremendously talented, motivated and unsung teammates.

bruinbison
01-03-2023, 10:57 PM
For those wondering about true freshman playing at Frisco……

If that listed depth chart holds true,
then true freshman Logan Larson would be the backup at DT.
The 6’ 3” 262 Larson was mentioned early in the season as someone who might play, especially with the 4 game rule.

I’ll repeat this for Chapo’s sake, since he seems to have missed the point (imagine that :) )

A true freshman has made the two deep roster, indicating that Coach Entz & Co might utilize that player in the championship game. Very few true freshman have played this season for the Bison, so none of them were in danger of hitting that 5 game pulling redshirt mark, even before the rule waiver happened for Bowl season.

But you still need to make the Championship Game roster to play in the game, eh?

CAS4127
01-03-2023, 11:28 PM
Has SDSU published its depth chart yet? I’m interested in seeing how many failed the hemoROIDS NCAA testing. I’ve seen Roids, and many of them are on them IMO. That said, NCAA has never really enforced the positive tests completely, going WAY back.

El_Chapo
01-04-2023, 01:39 AM
I’ll repeat this for Chapo’s sake, since he seems to have missed the point (imagine that :) )

A true freshman has made the two deep roster, indicating that Coach Entz & Co might utilize that player in the championship game. Very few true freshman have played this season for the Bison, so none of them were in danger of hitting that 5 game pulling redshirt mark, even before the rule waiver happened for Bowl season.

But you still need to make the Championship Game roster to play in the game, eh?

oh wow 1 true freshman made it. should be 5-6
how about Sophmores?

bruinbison
01-04-2023, 02:15 AM
oh wow 1 true freshman made it. should be 5-6
how about Sophmores?

Yup……there it is, Chapo made another mistake - and tries to deflect
his way out of it……

So you ask about sophomores - there are 8 on this new two deep roster
Not counting specialists

Plus 6 RFr are on the two deep

Hammerhead
01-04-2023, 01:18 PM
Let's just hope he does us a solid and picks SDSU to win.

He does like southern speed so will probably pick the team from the "south" to win.

bstark28
01-04-2023, 01:43 PM
Has SDSU published its depth chart yet? I’m interested in seeing how many failed the hemoROIDS NCAA testing. I’ve seen Roids, and many of them are on them IMO. That said, NCAA has never really enforced the positive tests completely, going WAY back.

This bit us in the ass before the 2018/2019 National Championship game against EWU....one of our guys tested positive for a banned "stimulant" and was suspended. If I remember correctly, wasn't it rumored to be tied to the rah-rah guy they had surrounding the program, Ben Newman?

El_Chapo
01-04-2023, 01:46 PM
Yup……there it is, Chapo made another mistake - and tries to deflect
his way out of it……

a major football program should be good enough at recruiting with 10 national titles and 16 NFL players to ATTRACT Talent that can Play Day 1. NDSU hasn't in the last couple years. sorry.

Now back to the game... Our Defense needs to Blitz with reckless abandon... we need turnovers. jump routes, strip runners.

mtoutfitter
01-04-2023, 02:16 PM
He just keeps missing that "Developmental Program" tag doesn't he Bruin?

bison22
01-04-2023, 02:46 PM
Sdsu gameplanning this week took about an hour. Just gonna tell them to put all 11 in the box to stop a gap power and qb run. OC won't adjust anyways

Hammerhead
01-04-2023, 02:49 PM

Because everyone knew Cody Mauch was going to be an NFL prospect when he was a freshman. :rolleyes:

El_Chapo
01-04-2023, 02:50 PM
Bismarck Fanbase are goofy. what haters

https://www.facebook.com/112109359102/posts/pfbid02DcnTCAyhmodsy4AaUJcYHBPmFMDhrEa81h9v1mdEQQz 4E59TDwz3gkEy93KCNfaLl/?sfnsn=mo&mibextid=6aamW6

BiZon22
01-04-2023, 03:01 PM
Bismarck Fanbase are goofy. what haters

https://www.facebook.com/112109359102/posts/pfbid02DcnTCAyhmodsy4AaUJcYHBPmFMDhrEa81h9v1mdEQQz 4E59TDwz3gkEy93KCNfaLl/?sfnsn=mo&mibextid=6aamW6

There’s a lot of South Dakota transplants in Bismarck

GreenfieldBison
01-04-2023, 03:19 PM
Sam Herder - 5 keys for an NDSU victory:

https://herosports.com/fcs-championship-2022-keys-ndsu-victory-bzbz/

Edit: And from underdog dynasty, the FCS Championship record NDSU does not have and will not have after this appearance:

https://www.underdogdynasty.com/2023/1/3/23533236/north-dakota-state-bison-fcs-championship-georgia-southern-eagles-adrian-peterson-erk-russell

El_Chapo
01-04-2023, 04:19 PM
There’s a lot of South Dakota transplants in Bismarck

really? interesting ...

Jayden Price seldom fair catches..... for this game he never should.

Professor Chaos
01-04-2023, 04:25 PM
97.5 hours until kickoff!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxm736ibNMc

daddy daycare
01-04-2023, 05:18 PM
really? interesting ...

Jayden Price seldom fair catches..... for this game he never should.

No. Rarely see South Dakota anything. Those would be UND fans.

BiZon22
01-04-2023, 05:27 PM
No. Rarely see South Dakota anything. Those would be UND fans.

Nearly all the friends I met while living in Bismarck were originally from South Dakota. So yea you see a lot of South Dakota.

bruinbison
01-04-2023, 08:55 PM

Yep!
No matter how many times/years he gets schooled on this stuff,
he always reverts back to his same old same old agenda - wash, rinse and repeat

CAS4127
01-04-2023, 11:47 PM
Has SDSU released their depth chart yet?

HillsboroBison
01-05-2023, 12:01 AM
https://herosports.com/fcs-pre-championship-events-return-frisco-dsds/

Sam Herder says there will not be a BBQ bowl this year. But how will we know who the best bowler or fastest eater is?!

bruinbison
01-05-2023, 12:03 AM
a major football program should be good enough at recruiting with 10 national titles and 16 NFL players to ATTRACT Talent that can Play Day 1. NDSU hasn't in the last couple years. sorry.

And yet, despite Chapo’s comments, there the Bison are in the Championship Game with 8 Sophomores on this new two deep roster - Not counting specialists

Plus 6 Redshirt Freshmen are on the two deep roster.

bruinbison
01-05-2023, 12:10 AM
Has SDSU released their depth chart yet?

Here it is - page 16

https://gobison.com/documents/2023/1/4/SDSU_FB_Notes_20230103.pdf

And the Bobcat game depth chart, page 17

https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sites/sdstate.sidearmsports.com/documents/2022/12/14/FB_Final_Notes_-_Montana_State.pdf

CAS4127
01-05-2023, 12:18 AM
Here it is - page 16

https://gobison.com/documents/2023/1/4/SDSU_FB_Notes_20230103.pdf

And the Bobcat game depth chart, page 17

https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sites/sdstate.sidearmsports.com/documents/2022/12/14/FB_Final_Notes_-_Montana_State.pdf

Difficult to read/compare on IPhone. Anything notable?

CyPanth
01-05-2023, 02:02 AM
I have seen one. One, mind you. It wasn't during a commercial break either; it appear on the monitor during a dead period between downs in a bowl game, almost as an afterthought.

For the record, they put 4 photo boxes on the screen during a timeout of the Iowa State MBB game on ESPN tonight and talked about the upcoming football games, including the NDSU national championship game.

ndsubison1
01-05-2023, 02:40 AM
Difficult to read/compare on IPhone. Anything notable?

The depth chart tells me SDSU will be very good again next year.

CyPanth
01-05-2023, 02:43 AM
For the record, they put 4 photo boxes on the screen during a timeout of the Iowa State MBB game on ESPN tonight and talked about the upcoming football games, including the NDSU national championship game.

ESPN just did it again on during the Baylor/TCU MBB game. Even made reference to the FCS championship as a "border war." Glad to see some promotion. The FCS championship game makes for great TV. It is either a really good game or it plays into your championship tradition. Both are good TV, especially with your fan presence in Frisco.

ndsubison1
01-05-2023, 02:50 AM
ESPN just did it again on during the Baylor/TCU MBB game. Even made reference to the FCS championship as a "border war." Glad to see some promotion. The FCS championship game makes for great TV. It is either a really good game or it plays into your championship tradition. Both are good TV, especially with your fan presence in Frisco.

Last night Fran Fraschilla said SDSU is in Billings, SD lol

El_Chapo
01-05-2023, 03:08 AM
https://herosports.com/fcs-pre-championship-events-return-frisco-dsds/

Sam Herder says there will not be a BBQ bowl this year. But how will we know who the best bowler or fastest eater is?!

that's dumb.

Everyone to WIld Pitch!!! they just invited us all https://www.instagram.com/p/CnBKK1Eu0f6/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

1998braves64
01-05-2023, 11:38 AM
that's dumb.

Everyone to WIld Pitch!!! they just invited us all https://www.instagram.com/p/CnBKK1Eu0f6/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=They asked previous years finals participants to give input and the decision was made off that. Hmm wonder who would be on that list.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

sage
01-05-2023, 12:39 PM
Common on Bison!! I wish them the best with a game plan with no conservative ways and they go out and leave every play on the field. I hope the football Gods are with them for a perfect game and for a game that goes our way.

Go Bison Go!!!

Side Note: I got a new Bison T-shirt for Christmas, and I about got it wore out already, but I will be wearing Sunday. Lol

KSBisonFan
01-05-2023, 12:56 PM
Maybe I missed it, but has anyone seen anything about the team walk into the stadium? I don't think they did it last year but was hoping they'd bring it back.

DakotaOkie
01-05-2023, 01:16 PM
This listed on Hero Sports:

On gameday, each squad will have a “team walk” into Toyota Stadium Sunday morning upon its arrival. This resumption of a pre-pandemic tradition is sure to draw raucous fan support from jammed tailgate lots ahead of a rivalry-enhanced national championship.
All times central:
10:25-10:35 AM – North Dakota State team walk, Toyota Stadium Gold Lot
10:45-10:55 AM – South Dakota State team walk, Toyota Stadium Gold Lot

ndsubison1
01-05-2023, 04:08 PM
Predictions from College Football News

https://collegefootballnews.com/2023/01/college-football-expert-picks-predictions-georgia-vs-tcu-north-dakota-state-vs-south-dakota-state

HerdThat!
01-05-2023, 09:22 PM
Maybe I missed it, but has anyone seen anything about the team walk into the stadium? I don't think they did it last year but was hoping they'd bring it back.

10:45 sounds like

HillsboroBison
01-05-2023, 09:26 PM

https://twitter.com/ndsufootball/status/1611112930136711170?s=46&t=knsRl7xuRhX1aDmqUywncg

NDSU football just tweeted it has moved to 10:15 now

Professor Chaos
01-05-2023, 11:50 PM
The team traveled to Frisco today... I believe they were wheels down in Dallas about an hour and a half ago.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/GXA610/history/20230105/2100Z/KFAR/KDAL

#DontBanMeElon

Jackbacker
01-06-2023, 02:39 AM
At the risk of getting ran off of this board, I ask what are the best bars to go to in the Frisco area? Really looking forward to taking in the "Fargo South" experience and lively discussions with Bison fans. Best of luck, it should be a great weekend and game.

Bison03
01-06-2023, 02:53 AM
Ringo’s and Scruffy Duffies at the Shops at Legacy in Plano is always a great spot. Bison fans from wall to wall. And they are Teammakers.

Swaghook
01-06-2023, 02:53 AM
At the risk of getting ran off of this board, I ask what are the best bars to go to in the Frisco area? Really looking forward to taking in the "Fargo South" experience and lively discussions with Bison fans. Best of luck, it should be a great weekend and game.
Wild Pitch and Tight Ends if you want the lingerie clad waitresses. Ringo's and Scruffy Duffy's will be full of Bison fans as well. I'm sure there are many others as well.

Professor Chaos
01-06-2023, 11:44 AM
Looks like it'll be my favorite Bison jersey combo in Frisco: harvest helmets, white jerseys, green pants.

https://twitter.com/NDSUfootball/status/1611060090819297281

The cosmic aura of the harvest helmets undefeated record will be put to the test.

ndsubison1
01-06-2023, 01:34 PM
College Football News Preview:

https://collegefootballnews.com/2023/01/north-dakota-state-vs-south-dakota-state-fcs-national-championship-prediction-game-preview-odds-tv

BISONBRI53
01-06-2023, 01:36 PM
Anyone hear of a fight Wednesday night between Bison fans and Jack fans? I think Wild Pitch... Kicked the Jackass out and apparently only Bison fans allowed in during the weekend...

ndsubison1
01-06-2023, 01:47 PM
Guessing it was the Wahhhbits fault.

EC8CH
01-06-2023, 02:08 PM
Anyone hear of a fight Wednesday night between Bison fans and Jack fans? I think Wild Pitch... Kicked the Jackass out and apparently only Bison fans allowed in during the weekend...

Wahhhhhh? I shall need to investigate this.

BiZon22
01-06-2023, 02:15 PM

Honestly not surprised. This rivalry is real. I remember going to brookings in college and it wasn’t a friendly buy you a drink and talk some friendly trash rivalry, there is some legit hatred.

EC8CH
01-06-2023, 02:27 PM
Honestly not surprised. This rivalry is real. I remember going to brookings in college and it wasn’t a friendly buy you a drink and talk some friendly trash rivalry, there is some legit hatred.

Bunny fans don't know how to act.

Professor Chaos
01-06-2023, 02:28 PM
Wait until after the game on Sunday... if the Bison win you might want to hide your ND plates in the parking lot. If SDSU wins I pity the windows in the coaches boxes.

ndsubison1
01-06-2023, 02:28 PM
Espn Preview (Need Espn+ to view)

https://www.espn.com/college-football/insider/story/_/id/35386822/fcs-championship-previewing-south-dakota-state-north-dakota-state

dokhogg
01-06-2023, 02:34 PM
Been 10 years since The Pope made it to Frisco...what time do tailgating lots open up on Sunday? 10137

NDSU92
01-06-2023, 02:49 PM
Been 10 years since The Pope made it to Frisco...what time do tailgating lots open up on Sunday? 10137

Officially 8am

EC8CH
01-06-2023, 02:51 PM
Officially 8am

"Officially"......

TAILG8R
01-06-2023, 03:07 PM

What time do you want to wake up?

joshroller
01-06-2023, 05:44 PM
Been 10 years since The Pope made it to Frisco...what time do tailgating lots open up on Sunday? 10137When are you getting down here John?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

heffray
01-06-2023, 05:50 PM

Fuckem.

10char

heffray
01-06-2023, 05:54 PM
With all due respect to SoDak St. Let's wreck the bunnies and take home the trophy!

With all due respect to a fellow Bison fan, the Jacks and their fans are not due any respect. Fuckem.

EC8CH
01-06-2023, 06:06 PM
With all due respect to a fellow Bison fan, the Jacks and their fans are not due any respect. Fuckem.

LFG heffy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;!;;;!!!!!!!

BigHorns
01-06-2023, 06:10 PM
This listed on Hero Sports:

On gameday, each squad will have a “team walk” into Toyota Stadium Sunday morning upon its arrival. This resumption of a pre-pandemic tradition is sure to draw raucous fan support from jammed tailgate lots ahead of a rivalry-enhanced national championship.
All times central:
10:25-10:35 AM – North Dakota State team walk, Toyota Stadium Gold Lot
10:45-10:55 AM – South Dakota State team walk, Toyota Stadium Gold Lot

Nice! Like that we're up first.

heffray
01-06-2023, 06:13 PM
LFG heffy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;!;;;!!!!!!!

How is it at all possible that I would need to spread some reputation around before giving it to you again?!

WhoRepsTheLurker
01-06-2023, 06:51 PM
https://www.startribune.com/fcs-title-game-north-dakota-state-south-dakota-state-rivalry-minnesota-chip-scoggins/600241344/

all the pressure on the bunnies this weekend … tons of it
we already have 9 of these things after all

dokhogg
01-06-2023, 07:01 PM
When are you getting down here John?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I don't fly in until 5 on saturday.

Mr. Burgundy
01-06-2023, 07:38 PM
https://www.startribune.com/fcs-title-game-north-dakota-state-south-dakota-state-rivalry-minnesota-chip-scoggins/600241344/

all the pressure on the bunnies this weekend … tons of it
we already have 9 of these things after all

All I took out of that article is that Coach Stig takes his wife to Burger King.

TAILG8R
01-06-2023, 07:40 PM
All I took out of that article is that Coach Stig takes his wife to Burger King.

Taco Johns was closed.

HerdBot
01-06-2023, 07:55 PM

:rofl: That's life in Brookings. Burger King and Taco Johns is fine dining

""Case in point: I've got a guy at church telling me to watch the personal fouls," Stiegelmeier said. "I go to Burger King with my wife, I've got two other people telling us what to do. I get a text from a guy who explains how to win the game.""

cbline
01-06-2023, 08:03 PM
Kobe is a "go" after his hand injury versus UIW.

https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/bison-rb-johnson-good-to-go-for-fcs-championship-after-hand-injury-in-semifinals

Mr Meaty
01-06-2023, 08:12 PM

https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/bison-rb-johnson-good-to-go-for-fcs-championship-after-hand-injury-in-semifinals

Well that helps....

ndsubison1
01-06-2023, 08:51 PM

They once threw a coke at someone and this was at a bball game in 2010?

Rixen
01-06-2023, 09:35 PM
It's been said on this thread and over on AGS plenty but my main thoughts going into this game:

1. Really proud of this team for clawing their way to the championship in a "down year" and with so many critical injuries. But.....
2. I just don't see how we win this game without some really fortunate bounces of the ball. We'll need rare special teams TDs or defensive TDs caused by a substantial difference in the turnover margin (thinking +3 or better). Let's hope that Bison culture and championship pedigree can pull a lot of weight.

I hate the idea of SDSU winning a championship and even more so at our expense but their squad would be very deserving this year and I don't think I'll be as annoyed as previously expected. This is the "weakest" NDSU squad of the championship run but I've enjoyed watching them this year and am excited to cheer them on as certain underdogs. If we manage to win this game it would be, without question, my favorite of the 10. Go Bison!

CyPanth
01-06-2023, 09:46 PM

Bunny fan wanders into a Bison tramp bar . . . what could go wrong?

Professor Chaos
01-07-2023, 12:49 AM

Also from that article:

NDSU running back TaMerik Williams and wide receiver RaJa Nelson both missed the FCS semifinals after suffering lower-leg injuries in the quarterfinals against Samford. Johnson said he expects both Williams and Nelson to return for the national championship game.

“When we can get guys back, it’s always a great thing," Johnson said. "You can do a lot more offensively when you have more of your weapons back on the field. ... Having TaMerik back (will) add depth to the run game, getting RaJa back as well."

17>1
01-07-2023, 01:30 AM
Also from that article:

Interesting. Two names that were not listed on the 2 deep are playing? And this is Kobe talking about other offensive guys…could some Moestarts be available as well on the other side of the ball?

Jim Puetz
01-07-2023, 01:45 AM
Bison win by 10. Bison look loose and ready to go, Jacks look tight. Cam is due for a big game, and I think our FB's who aren't named Hunter Luepke do some special things. TK Marshall stakes his claim in Bison football history. But most importantly, the defense plays its best game of the year. I can't wait to celebrate our 10th Natty.

El_Chapo
01-07-2023, 02:12 AM
They once threw a coke at someone and this was at a bball game in 2010?

happened to Ming & Heckler on our party bus trip... let's just say that arena didn't know what hit it when us 20+ Bison fans waltzed in.

and yes to fight at wild pitch. f the bunnies fan. you don't disrespect the ladies wearing NDSU gear. nope. we will Dallas Goedert that ass!!

NDSU92
01-07-2023, 02:20 AM
It's been said on this thread and over on AGS plenty but my main thoughts going into this game:

1. Really proud of this team for clawing their way to the championship in a "down year" and with so many critical injuries. But.....
2. I just don't see how we win this game without some really fortunate bounces of the ball. We'll need rare special teams TDs or defensive TDs caused by a substantial difference in the turnover margin (thinking +3 or better). Let's hope that Bison culture and championship pedigree can pull a lot of weight.

I hate the idea of SDSU winning a championship and even more so at our expense but their squad would be very deserving this year and I don't think I'll be as annoyed as previously expected. This is the "weakest" NDSU squad of the championship run but I've enjoyed watching them this year and am excited to cheer them on as certain underdogs. If we manage to win this game it would be, without question, my favorite of the 10. Go Bison!

Lol we are no where near needing a 3+ TO margin to win this game. Funny how scared some folks are of SDSU. Yeesh.

Give your head a wobble and get behind the team. Backs against the wall!

NDSU92
01-07-2023, 02:21 AM
Anyone at Scruff’s, Ringo’s, Bottle Rockets? Worth it to head down there? What’s the atmosphere

NDSUBowler
01-07-2023, 02:22 AM
At Knock Out. Couple tables of Jacks fans that got lost and ended up here.