PDA

View Full Version : Samford Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Kevin
12-10-2022, 01:47 AM
1) people wanted to seed this team over us? Why? Because they’re in the pac 10? Haters gonna hate but wow.
2) I hope Williams is ok but if he’s not it should be TK going forward. Looks much better than our other options.
3) roehl needs to stop calling the same plays one or two downs after it works. It’s so predictable that people that don’t know shit about football at our watch parties are predicting the play pre snap.
4) prayers up for raja. That looked bad bros.
5) tight end play was solid tonight.
6) I like Friday night games bro.
7) let’s go incarnate word! Whatever in the hell that is.

HerdThat!
12-10-2022, 01:59 AM
“I Wanna talk to Samford!”

scottietohottie
12-10-2022, 02:05 AM
There ain't enough ponys left in teh stable eh.

Bisonwinagn
12-10-2022, 02:09 AM
Hate Friday night games total Busch league. Absolutely nothing else on TV tomorrow!!!!

sage
12-10-2022, 02:13 AM
Not to take from all the effort these young showed but was somewhat disappointed on both sides of the ball. I did feel from what I watched of Samford on video this might not be as easy as some have predicted here.

I do know going forward more juice and better play will be needed to win a championship.

Good and congratulations on the WIN!

reformedUNDfan
12-10-2022, 02:17 AM
Hate Friday night games total Busch league. Absolutely nothing else on TV tomorrow!!!!

Sellout at Bozeman.

EC8CH
12-10-2022, 02:21 AM
Sellout at Bozeman.

Buuuuuull shit. I see empty seats.

Bisonator98
12-10-2022, 02:22 AM
This team seems to be running on fumes at this point. Reminds me of the 2016 team that ran out of gas against JMU. The injuries just keep piling up.

mtoutfitter
12-10-2022, 02:24 AM
This team seems to be running on fumes at this point. Reminds me of the 2016 team that ran out of gas against JMU. The injuries just keep piling up.

Agree....many similarities.

HerdThat!
12-10-2022, 02:25 AM
Buuuuuull shit. I see empty seats.

I think he was talkin bout the coach

The Rock
12-10-2022, 02:26 AM
Why don’t we play some of our talented freshman…they have had a season now to get ready and won’t lose their red shirt.

HerdBot
12-10-2022, 02:26 AM
D was great the entire game
Special teams were solid
1st half was Roehl at his worst on 1st and 2nd down. Called a good game later. Although terrible refs who dont realize we have replay were part of the problem
Refs may suffer from some sort of retardation
WTH did we have starters in with 4 minutes remaining
Samford played pretty well

BisManBison
12-10-2022, 02:27 AM
Why don’t we play some of our talented freshman…they have had a season now to get ready and won’t lose their red shirt.

Wondering the same thing.

reformedUNDfan
12-10-2022, 02:29 AM
Wondering the same thing.

don't want to get bad press for blowing the vegas line

Kevin
12-10-2022, 02:30 AM
Agree....many similarities.

Luckily there’s no jmu on our side of the bracket.

KSBisonFan
12-10-2022, 02:41 AM
We won't win next week if we only rush for 166 yards. Samford really got a lot of penetration.

mtoutfitter
12-10-2022, 02:45 AM

I don't think there are any RBs that are redshirting?

Kevin
12-10-2022, 02:51 AM
Montana state looks good. Probably gonna kill the bunnies.

HerdThat!
12-10-2022, 02:53 AM
Montana state looks good. Probably gonna kill the bunnies.

Outdoor football fans look like they enjoy it more than indoor football fans

Snowgoose
12-10-2022, 02:53 AM
Outdoor football fans look like they enjoy it more than indoor football fans

This was really true when we transitioned into the dome.

DCinOK
12-10-2022, 03:00 AM
Less than 12,000 at the game they said? Sad showing. I get inflation sucks for all of us, but why then don't they lower ticket prices significantly? Our supposed "brand" is having a packed, loud and crazy home stadium.

NDSU_grad
12-10-2022, 03:05 AM
Less than 12,000 at the game they said? Sad showing. I get inflation sucks for all of us, but why then don't they lower ticket prices significantly? Our supposed "brand" is having a packed, loud and crazy home stadium.
From a pure financial standpoint it doesn’t make sense to lower ticket prices, yet. We’re still close to sellouts for most games during the regular season, and per NCAA rules you can’t lower ticket prices just for playoffs.

ndsubison1
12-10-2022, 03:25 AM
We won't win next week if we only rush for 166 yards. Samford really got a lot of penetration.

We need a full game on both sides of the ball next week

HerdBot
12-10-2022, 03:26 AM

The ncaa requires you charge what you did in the regular season

TAILG8R
12-10-2022, 03:28 AM
Sellout at Bozeman.

They haven’t won 9 of 11 championships

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HerdThat!
12-10-2022, 03:36 AM
Personal opinion (and already prepared to be lambasted by the folks that hate anything that challenges the status quo) winning and blowing out opponents isn’t the issue.
The issue is the experience at the game does not match the play on the field.
We’ve geared the atmosphere to the old, outdated, audience far too long.
Took WAY too long to get beer approved.
The next wave of fans are second fiddle to the older demographic. And they don’t care to invest in the environment cuz the atmosphere isn’t geared to those who will be around and commit funds to the program.
We haven’t created an atmosphere of our own, too concerned with doing what everyone else is going like playing “which hat has the ball” on the video board.
Every time the cameras pan the crowd on tv, it’s the most lame, uninterested person they can find.
We are bound by the city own facility. The sponsorships are the same 4 pillars they’ve been for decades, so no new excitement by major sponsors to bring in something new,exciting, and engaging. Heck we won’t even update the NDSU neon to current brand logos - says a lot about being content.
The band?!? Cheer squad?!? Pitiful, get up to date and have some fuckin pride! It’s more laughable than it is engaging.
I love our home field advantage, but the Dome as a facility is nothing to get excited over. Concessions are crap, novelties are a pop up shop, etc. people like seeing something unique whether they’re there as a visiting fan or are a season ticket holder: what about the Dome is “cool” to see?
Can we update the team entrance beyond the blow up helmet?

Beating any team is not boring. Matching the Gameday experience to play on the field is where we need to improve.

BisonHorns
12-10-2022, 03:37 AM
Samford and Son sent packing.

BisonHorns
12-10-2022, 03:39 AM
Personal opinion (and already prepared to be lambasted by the folks that hate anything that challenges the status quo) winning and blowing out opponents isn’t the issue.
The next wave of fans are second fiddle to the older demographic. And they don’t care to invest in the environment cuz the atmosphere isn’t geared to those who will be around and commit funds to the program.
We haven’t created an atmosphere of our own, too concerned with doing what everyone else is going like playing “which hat has the ball” on the video board.
Every time the cameras pan the crowd on tv, it’s the most lame, uninterested person they can find.
We are bound by the city own facility. The sponsorships are the same 4 pillars they’ve been for decades, so no new excitement by major sponsors to bring in something new,exciting, and engaging. Heck we won’t even update the NDSU neon to current brand logos - says a lot about being content.
The band?!? Cheer squad?!? Pitiful, get up to date and have some fuckin pride! It’s more laughable than it is engaging.
I love our home field advantage, but the Dome as a facility is nothing to get excited over. Concessions are crap, novelties are a pop up shop, etc. people like seeing something unique whether they’re there as a visiting fan or are a season ticket holder: what about the Dome is “cool” to see?

Beating any team is not boring. Matching the Gameday experience to play on the field is where we need to improve.

I think you are correct in many ways.

SiouxHockeyBisonFo
12-10-2022, 03:40 AM
How in the actual fuck were there less fans in the dome tonight than in AZ in August? Jfc do alot of people need to stop putting their heads in the sand.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

fmfantasy
12-10-2022, 03:49 AM
they won pretty easily again in the end so nothing to complain about on the field. sure it could have been better but then we win like 52-7? we seem to face some really god awful QB.. or else our D is just that good.

these first and second round games have been blowouts for over a decade.. why spend money when there is no chance the Bison will lose.. they are glorified exhibition games on par with the Globtrotters...

This was my first time sitting down low on the 50 yd line and Wow is that crowd old... NO one stood once on third down or for big plays.. half the people must be in their 80s and need assistance getting to and from their seats..

B.Schlossman Fan Club
12-10-2022, 03:55 AM
They haven’t won 9 of 11 championships

And got blown out in the championship game last year…….at least their fanbase still has hope! Our fanbase only hopes for FBS, FCS doesn’t register anymore.

NDSUstudent
12-10-2022, 03:57 AM

The Dome is so antiquated and so are the gameday promotions people, things were easy and these people got fat and lazy.

CAS4127
12-10-2022, 04:03 AM

See post 54 in ESPN/Samford thread. I basically told ML this exact same thing IN PERSON/Directly to him.

Unless you are a diehard football fan, the experience is boring and way old.

Bison03
12-10-2022, 04:17 AM
The Word up 28-17 at the half! Lets go!!

JMB
12-10-2022, 04:22 AM
Fun game, glad I brought my two boys up to Fargo. OUR defense played really well tonight. I was really impressed by Samford's defense, especially their tackling. I didn't see us break many tables all game.

mtoutfitter
12-10-2022, 04:23 AM
Fun game, glad I brought my two boys up to Fargo. OUR defense played really well tonight. I was really impressed by Samford's defense, especially their tackling. I didn't see us break many tables all game.

Didn't break many chairs either....:D

EC8CH
12-10-2022, 04:24 AM

Bills mafia we are not

JMB
12-10-2022, 04:28 AM
Bills mafia we are not

Hey, I am old and tired and my fat fingers don't work so well on my little smart phone keyboard. :)

Hammerhead
12-10-2022, 04:32 AM
they won pretty easily again in the end so nothing to complain about on the field. sure it could have been better but then we win like 52-7? we seem to face some really god awful QB.. or else our D is just that good.

these first and second round games have been blowouts for over a decade.. why spend money when there is no chance the Bison will lose.. they are glorified exhibition games on par with the Globtrotters...

This was my first time sitting down low on the 50 yd line and Wow is that crowd old... NO one stood once on third down or for big plays.. half the people must be in their 80s and need assistance getting to and from their seats..

The people below us didn’t cheer once all game and some ladies behind us spent most of the game laughing even when Samford had some good runs in the first half.

Bison03
12-10-2022, 05:39 AM
Word still leading

Hammersmith
12-10-2022, 05:43 AM
Big Sac St onside kick to shift momentum. Currently 45-41 UIW; Sac St ball in redzone; 11:00 left.

MyOhMy
12-10-2022, 05:44 AM
Worst 2 defenses I've watched in the same game that I can remember.

Hammersmith
12-10-2022, 05:47 AM
Sac St takes the lead, but their QB took a hit. Moving gingerly on the sidelines.

48-45 Sac St, 10:12 left

Hammersmith
12-10-2022, 05:51 AM
Or, you know, UIW could just score another TD.

52-48 UIW; 9:23

fmfantasy
12-10-2022, 05:53 AM
really bad defenses.. looking good for bison either a home game or face sac state with a dinged up QB

Hammersmith
12-10-2022, 05:57 AM
UIW scoop and score.

59-48 UIW; 8:30

Hammersmith
12-10-2022, 06:07 AM
Hey look, another TD for Sac St plus a 2pt.

59-56 UIW, 4:57

JCEE1990
12-10-2022, 06:09 AM
Has the Bison mens BBall team scored this many yet? 😝

MyOhMy
12-10-2022, 06:11 AM
ANOTHER onside kick recovery for Sac State... :smh:

NDSUBowler
12-10-2022, 06:15 AM
This game is dumb. Both teams are dumb.

JCEE1990
12-10-2022, 06:16 AM
Stupid players getting in way of onside heading out of bounds!!

Hammersmith
12-10-2022, 06:20 AM
Blink and you miss another TD. Sac St regains the lead.

63-59 Sac St; 1:43

IndyBison
12-10-2022, 06:20 AM
I think IWU has only ran 2 or 3 pairs this entire quarter. Two offensive TDs on long runs and a scoop and score. With the scoop and score and 2 onside kicks their defense has had several back to back series.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

fmfantasy
12-10-2022, 06:21 AM
Incarnate might have the worst tackling team i have ever seen in FCS...

ndsubison1
12-10-2022, 06:27 AM
IWord scored too quickly lol

NDSUBowler
This game is fucking bonkers

MyOhMy
IWord scored too quickly lol

I just said that :nod:

Hammersmith
Looks like a UIW TD if it stands.

65-63 UIW pending review and XP attempt; 0:27

TD stands. 66-63

IndyBison
12-10-2022, 06:29 AM
Looks like a UIW TD if it stands.

65-63 UIW pending review and XP attempt; 0:27I'm thinking catch. We'll see. Some movement and he lands OOB after getting foot down. Being an official geek the SJ and BJ were both in perfect position and very calm and deliberate with their call.

MyOhMy
12-10-2022, 06:32 AM
Piss poor coaching from Sac St there, no TO is going to cost them the game.

MontBison
12-10-2022, 06:33 AM
All time clock management.

Hammersmith
Wow, that was a clock management f- up by Sac St.

BisonHorns
Is this football?

steelbison
12-10-2022, 06:35 AM
Wow, that was a clock management f- up by Sac St.

Unreal.

MyOhMy
12-10-2022, 06:36 AM
No catch, he stepped out. 1 sec should be left.

JCEE1990
12-10-2022, 06:38 AM
Holy poop Poop

MyOhMy
12-10-2022, 06:40 AM
Well... I guess we're hosting next week. :howdy:

IndyBison
12-10-2022, 06:42 AM
One more game in Fargo! IWU offense will be a challenge. Experience should be another big help for the Bison, especially on defense. Should be fun.

Bison03
12-10-2022, 06:45 AM
Home game baby! Lets go!

Strommer10
12-10-2022, 06:46 AM
That was one of the wildest games I've watched live. UIW may be the worst tackling team I've ever seen, but their offense is explosive. Semifinal in the Dome again next weekend!

jcdcubs
12-10-2022, 06:47 AM
ZERO defense!!! Bison will score a lot next week. Hopefully, the defense will keep their score down.

cbline
The over/under for the Sac St UIW game was 78. Just a bit off.

NDSUBowler
Why in the world did Sac St bag those timeouts

MyOhMy
12-10-2022, 06:48 AM
Why in the world did Sac St bag those timeouts

Matt Entz was advising them... :sigpalm:

ndsubison1
12-10-2022, 06:55 AM
My word...

EC8CH
12-10-2022, 07:06 AM
I fell asleep. Apparently double sixties happened.

bisonforever
12-10-2022, 07:19 AM
Why don’t we play some of our talented freshman…they have had a season now to get ready and won’t lose their red shirt. I am thinking that with a handful + of 6 year guys, freshman, no matter how good get suppressed a bit. Hopefully!

EC8CH
12-10-2022, 07:24 AM
https://media.tenor.com/US55Paq5RxgAAAAM/this-real.gif

Me waking up at 2am:

bruinbison
12-10-2022, 01:20 PM

Just checked the participation report for last nights game,
did not see any true freshman on it. There were 12 RFr on it,
basically the same players who have been used in some or all the previous games. I don’t know what the roster number is for playoff games - 63ish - so there are limits there. ESPN2 did show a big group of “Baby Bison” in the stands - that was a nice touch there. The players had their jersey numbers on their shirts.

IndyBison
12-10-2022, 01:31 PM
That was one of the wildest games I've watched live. UIW may be the worst tackling team I've ever seen, but their offense is explosive. Semifinal in the Dome again next weekend!They were dead tired in the 4th quarter. Thanks to a scoop and score and 2 onside kicks, UIW offense only ran 4 plays on 2 drives until their winning TD drive in the last 2 minutes. In that same time, Sac State ran 32 plays in 5 drives. And that was after 70+ plays in the first 3 quarters.

DM05
12-10-2022, 01:54 PM
Sac State had the ball for 38+ minutes, gained 700+ yards, and never punted. They lost because they had four turnovers.

Incarnate Word defense reminds me of Sam Houston State of a couple years ago when Bruce Anderson had 5 TD's pretty much untouched.....guys out of position and more willing to chase after a ball carrier than actually tackle him.

Long as we don't give the ball away, Johnson/Marshall/Miller/Payton should run for 400+. Our secondary is a strength and D line gotten a ton of pressure the last couple weeks, particularly the DT's. Gonna take a team that can match our physicality, control the clock, AND actually play defense to beat us.......both of those teams are in the other side of the bracket.

ZHerd
12-10-2022, 01:59 PM
People said we would put 400 yards 40 points up on Samford too and they made our offense look stupid bad for half the game. I don’t think we are going to walk all over these guys.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
12-10-2022, 02:25 PM

Its got nothing to do with the above. The problem is our fans. Our fans are pussy assed bandwagon fans that hate the cold. Going to a Bison game was the "cool" thing to do for a while and now the bandwagon fans are tired of it. The dome is a sterile, boring environment where it is too easy to get comfortable in your seat and nod off to sleep, however, given our fanbase, attendance would be a fraction of what it is if we had to play outside.

I'm all for going FBS, but going FBS isn't going to change our attendance or atmosphere problems, at least not long term. Our fans are just aren't diehard like fans of the helmet FBS programs.

mtoutfitter
12-10-2022, 02:33 PM
People said we would put 400 yards 40 points up on Samford too and they made our offense look stupid bad for half the game. I don’t think we are going to walk all over these guys.

Spot on Z. Always hear how "We're gonna run all over these guys" Sometimes happens but sometimes doesn't as well. I just find all the premature chest pounding to be dumb.

HerdBot
12-10-2022, 03:43 PM

Much of what you said I agree with but a big factor is competition and a repetitive story.

Rocky 1 through 4 were great. Then people got bored and quit watching. Same reason less people went to Rambo 9 than Rambo 1. Same reason Star Wars lost its luster. Except the Bison have been doing this for 12 years in a row. I think were 33-1 in the playoffs at home since 2010. Imagine if Rocky released a movie 12 years in a row

The playoffs no longer has Georgia Southern, Sam Houston, Jacksonville State or James Madison. Final 4 teams include Montana State (who weve beaten by 40, 5 games in a row), Incarnate Word (who is a great team, but completely unknown) and SDSU. UNI used to be exciting until we beat them 10x in a row.

People will show for the semi. A huge crowd went to Arizona

Montana State is drawing because it's new to them. SDSU fans still have 0 National Championships. They are drawing better.

People love dynasties but a national audience finds us more interesting than a regional audience

We need to take the game day experience to the next level to attract new fans and were not.

The intro used to be incredible. Half the crowd would download the mobile app with the strobe. Now a few hundred fans use their phone. Fans now don't even do the countdown. We had 1 game this year where they handed out the cool green glow sticks. Now its boring again. Whats really pathetic is there is mobile app technolgy that can synchronize lighting via mobile app. How about something big time, like a laser light show?

How about making standing room or nosebleed tickets $10?

How about getting with the times and using Tik Tok. The last posted Tik Tok video was in September. Newsflash, young people dont use Facebook. Old people do and judging from the crowd, our fans are old.

We need to get the ball rolling on the dome expansion. Club seating would be huge. Wider concourses and more restrooms will help. More space means more opportunity for vendors, a beer garden or interactive space for kids to have fun. Interactive games, a selfie wall, etc. How about a Hall of Fame wall? How about a Bison statue for selfies? How about a smart phone charging station? Wifi? How about the radio feed in the restrooms? Wouldnt it be cool to have a hotel attached to the dome? How about a designated Uber/Lyft pickup spot?

Charging for student tickets? Why so we can have 200 students, kill the atmosphere and give the NCAA $1000?

Jim Puetz
12-10-2022, 04:00 PM

You can see what you want to see. I see the next man coming up and making plays. This is a team of destiny that will get to Frisco, and when it gets there, it will meet and beat either MSU to continue its complete dominance over that school or SDSU to play a full four quarters and finish the game that they started in the regular season. We are going to Frisco, and we are winning another national championship.

Steeler and Bison Fan
12-10-2022, 04:15 PM
This is a great post!! Cheers to this perspective!!!

TAILG8R
12-10-2022, 04:18 PM
Rewatched most of the game. Anyone(including myself) that wants to complain about the offensive play calling should rewatch the second half now that your emotions have calmed. IMO it does not excuse the inability to adjust much earlier.

Also that was a complete defensive ASS KICKING! Until 12 minutes left in the game Samford had a big fat 0 on the board. They didn't score a TD until there were under 4 minutes left in the GAME. They took yet another team that had an inflated 40+ points per game and completely shut them down.

EDIT: Also the bush league decision making by their coach at the end of the game was just as embarrassing for them on TV as it was in person and the ref that put 2 seconds back on the clock and allowed that last timeout should be equally embarrassed.

semobison
12-10-2022, 04:33 PM
Rewatched most of the game. Anyone(including myself) that wants to complain about the offensive play calling should rewatch the second half now that your emotions have calmed. IMO it does not excuse the inability to adjust much earlier.

Also that was a complete defensive ASS KICKING! Until 12 minutes left in the game Samford had a big fat 0 on the board. They didn't score a TD until there were under 4 minutes left in the GAME. They took yet another team that had an inflated 40+ points per game and completely shut them down.

Yep, the defense may have had their best game this year. That is encouraging going into the semi’s!
Samford was committing 8-9 guys to stop our inside run game. Miller was 15-18 for 194. Should have thrown earlier and more often. Sometimes you need to take what the defense gives you. TR is slow and stubborn at making adjustments!

TAILG8R
12-10-2022, 04:42 PM

That Samford defense was fast. Way faster that I was expecting. Quite a few plays that we have seen go for TDs or long runs this year were snuffed out for short gains.

bajadanny
12-10-2022, 05:05 PM
All true except TikTok is evil

steelbison
12-10-2022, 05:17 PM
You can see what you want to see. I see the next man coming up and making plays. This is a team of destiny that will get to Frisco, and when it gets there, it will meet and beat either MSU to continue its complete dominance over that school or SDSU to play a full four quarters and finish the game that they started in the regular season. We are going to Frisco, and we are winning another national championship.

I’ll take that bet. Without Hunter or Williams I just don’t see it.

mtoutfitter
12-10-2022, 05:20 PM
I’ll take that bet. Without Hunter or Williams I just don’t see it.

Is Williams out for sure?

IndyBison
12-10-2022, 05:20 PM

EDIT: Also the bush league decision making by their coach at the end of the game was just as embarrassing for them on TV as it was in person and the ref that put 2 seconds back on the clock and allowed that last timeout should be equally embarrassed.So you are saying the officials should ignore requests for TO?

TAILG8R
12-10-2022, 05:25 PM
So you are saying the officials should ignore requests for TO?

When the score differential is three possessions and there is MAYBE 2 seconds left on the clock when the coach calls for TO, yeah use some discression and realize not one single thing will be changed by allowing a TO in that situation. How many times have we all seen that scenario and the refs just walk off the field.

EC8CH
12-10-2022, 05:26 PM
So you are saying the officials should ignore requests for TO?

No but they should roll their eyes and give the "really" face while announcing it in that situation.

IndyBison
12-10-2022, 05:40 PM
No but they should roll their eyes and give the "really" face while announcing it in that situation.They would definitely do that. But if they called the time out legitimately, and you saw they had 2 seconds left, you don't ignore it. Maybe in a 4th grade game on Saturday morning, but not in a varsity game and definitely not a college playoff game.

KSBisonFan
12-10-2022, 05:59 PM
Anyone notice how Cole was walking after the game? I thought I saw him on the sidelines in full pads on the broadcast after being ruled out.

TAILG8R
12-10-2022, 06:02 PM
Anyone notice how Cole was walking after the game? I thought I saw him on the sidelines in full pads on the broadcast after being ruled out.

He was in full pads but limping. My assumption was that if really really needed he could have gutted it out.

HerdBot
12-10-2022, 08:29 PM
Its got nothing to do with the above. The problem is our fans. Our fans are pussy assed bandwagon fans that hate the cold. Going to a Bison game was the "cool" thing to do for a while and now the bandwagon fans are tired of it. The dome is a sterile, boring environment where it is too easy to get comfortable in your seat and nod off to sleep, however, given our fanbase, attendance would be a fraction of what it is if we had to play outside.

I'm all for going FBS, but going FBS isn't going to change our attendance or atmosphere problems, at least not long term. Our fans are just aren't diehard like fans of the helmet FBS programs.

Disagree. Bandwagon fans only show up when the team wins. We are winning. We are the only team in history who wins too much for ovet a decade. Even Alabama doesnt win as much as we do. If that's not a sign to move up, I dont know what would be. How many fans traveled to Arizona?

They say success breeds success. Thats true and we've managed to take things to the next level, whether its FCOA, facility improvements or an IPF. That helps with recruiting. What really helps with recruiting is 2014 level excitement. Like every seat being sold out. Like a waiting list for season tickets. Like noise levels that rival any team. Its still impressive but it's not mind boggling crazy. The players feed off of the energy. When that's gone, we will see a decline

Since the football program has most of what it needs to be successful, we really need to focus on fans. Whether its making the dome bigger, making the experience funner for kids in the dome, improving the dome or building a fan athletics village http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?42425-Another-one-of-my-crazy-ideas&highlight=Crazy+ideas

Remember when the spring game drew 5k and fans tailgated? Remember when fan day had a mile long wait for autographs in the dome and they had games galore and fun stuff for kids? Now they let fans watch a walk through and hand out a few yard signs. Big fucking deal. Its a lazy apathetic athletic department who takes fans for granted

Although the population has grown by 40k since 2010, there is more competition for your entertainment dollar

ndsubison1
12-10-2022, 08:51 PM
He was in full pads but limping. My assumption was that if really really needed he could have gutted it out.

May also suggest why we didnt run Cam as much.

Defense was awesome. Theres just something about watching the Bison defense play lights out. Crittendon really struggled with our pressure.

Hammerhead
12-10-2022, 10:42 PM
Was there targeting in that cheap shot at the end of the half? https://twitter.com/scootsnladders/status/1601703742226989057?s=46&t=lGjsQmbB8SWUolD-IUZKeA

TAILG8R
12-10-2022, 11:15 PM
Was there targeting in that cheap shot at the end of the half? https://twitter.com/scootsnladders/status/1601703742226989057?s=46&t=lGjsQmbB8SWUolD-IUZKeA

Can’t be targeting because he hit a defenseless player in the head with his head and shoulder. /purple

They either need to fix the damn rule or remove it.

NDSU
12-10-2022, 11:48 PM

Definitely wasn’t going to play. Was by far the last one in and out of the locker room at halftime.

IndyBison
12-10-2022, 11:53 PM
Was there targeting in that cheap shot at the end of the half? https://twitter.com/scootsnladders/status/1601703742226989057?s=46&t=lGjsQmbB8SWUolD-IUZKeACould be if contact was to the head or neck area. This was chest/shoulder. Could be DPI instead but the penalty is the same.

89MTBISON
12-11-2022, 12:00 AM
Could be if contact was to the head or neck area. This was chest/shoulder. Could be DPI instead but the penalty is the same.

Wasn't it called hitting a defenseless player?

IndyBison
12-11-2022, 12:09 AM
Wasn't it called hitting a defenseless player?Yes. Personal foul. This was a cheap shot well before the ball got down there. DPI would have been valid as I belive the ball was in the air. Both are 15 yards and an automatic first down. If the ball has been snapped inside the 30, DPI would have been a bigger penalty since it's 15 yards rather than half the distance.

GreenfieldBison
12-11-2022, 12:36 AM

his left ankle was HEAVILY taped but he did not put any weight on it.

NDSU92
12-11-2022, 12:46 AM
Yes. Personal foul. This was a cheap shot well before the ball got down there. DPI would have been valid as I belive the ball was in the air. Both are 15 yards and an automatic first down. If the ball has been snapped inside the 30, DPI would have been a bigger penalty since it's 15 yards rather than half the distance.

Since it was an obvious cheap shot and a dangerous play as it injured our player, how close do you think a player could be to getting ejected for that? No targeting, just straight ejection

IndyBison
12-11-2022, 02:14 AM
Since it was an obvious cheap shot and a dangerous play as it injured our player, how close do you think a player could be to getting ejected for that? No targeting, just straight ejectionNot likely, but could be a consideration. You aren't going to factor in the actual injury because you will have made the call before you know the injury.

MyOhMy
12-11-2022, 04:37 AM
Not likely, but could be a consideration. You aren't going to factor in the actual injury because you will have made the call before you know the injury.

How bout the RB from Sac State who ran to the stands after scoring his TD, grabbed a beer from a fan and tried to chug it through his facemask? What penalty should be called on that one and why wasn't it last night?

EC8CH
12-11-2022, 04:43 AM
How bout the RB from Sac State who ran to the stands after scoring his TD, grabbed a beer from a fan and tried to chug it through his facemask? What penalty should be called on that one and why wasn't it last night?

I'm interested in this analysis.

IndyBison
12-11-2022, 01:05 PM
How bout the RB from Sac State who ran to the stands after scoring his TD, grabbed a beer from a fan and tried to chug it through his facemask? What penalty should be called on that one and why wasn't it last night?That should definitely be unsportsmanlike conduct. I saw players celebrating with fans in the IWU game at the end a well. Likely happened after the crew took their attention away from the players and moved on to the try. Will still be a downgrade.

EC8CH
12-11-2022, 01:08 PM
That should definitely be unsportsmanlike conduct. I saw players celebrating with fans in the IWU game at the end a well. Likely happened after the crew took their attention away from the players and moved on to the try. Will still be a downgrade.

They almost did it again later in the game too. Player attempted to grab another cup after a touchdown.

BisonHorns
12-12-2022, 01:56 AM
I was unable to attend this game. I also just finished watching it. Wow, that last quarter on television was hard to stomach. The announces knew it was over and just started talking randomly while Samford continues to make us all sit through their pretend comeback. Our defense was a thing of beauty! Time of possession was phenomenal. I am going to do whatever it takes to get to the game this Friday!

BISONBRI53
12-12-2022, 02:18 PM

1 billion % agree with you!!! Just happy with how its been and that is good... BUT WAIT!!!!! T-SHIRT CANNON!!!!!! AND AND AND Our band plays the latest hits from Green Day really well!!!

Hammerhead
12-12-2022, 03:39 PM
So the younger crowd will start attending games because we change the signs on the pillars? Better freebies might be nice, but how many college teams have some freebie for every game? If you want the band to improve, donate money for a scholarship fund to get more students in the band? I'll admit it's kind of lame to hear the same patriotic songs at halftime during every game year after year, but I have no idea if kids in the band have jobs that limit how much practice time they have.

I could care less what kind of fancy food is available because we'd still get the typical items like hot dogs, burgers, mini-donuts etc. My main focus is what's happening on the field and not being "wowed" by the facility.

As for the camera shots, they tend to focus on fans in the lowest rows which means they give more to Team Makers to get those seats so they tend to be older people who are bigwigs at a company that pays the dues or they spent a long time building up wealth to be a personal donor.