PDA

View Full Version : Coaching Carousel 2022

El_Chapo
12-07-2022, 04:43 AM
Weber State head coach Jay Hill is leaving to become the defensive coordinator at BYU. A deal has been finalized.

Stanford coach steps down

Sanders to CU

El_Chapo
12-07-2022, 01:28 PM
Kent State has a head coach opening

JMB
12-07-2022, 03:05 PM
Weber State head coach Jay Hill is leaving to become the defensive coordinator at BYU. A deal has been finalized.

Stanford coach steps down

Sanders to CU

Sanders will be interesting in Colorado, because frankly he is nuts... "You all better hit the portal."

Professor Chaos
12-07-2022, 03:19 PM
Sanders will be interesting in Colorado, because frankly he is nuts... "You all better hit the portal."
I kinda like it... it's not like there's much of a, if any, foundation to build on there. Get rid of the kids who have the "coach is mean and isn't gonna give me the spot I'm entitled to" mentality and keep the kids that have the "*bleep* you, I'm going to beat out your Jackson St transfers for playing time" mentality. Deion's recruiting draw is undeniable so give him a chance to go after a few of the hundreds of guys in the portal right now and I have little doubt he could instantly raise the talent level there considerably.

That said there's plenty of risk to team chemistry to try to throw together than many new guys together and the Pac-12 isn't the SWAC - he's not going to be able to puff up his team's W-L record with teams at the bottom of the subdivision like he did this year at JSU (and really has pretty much all 3 years he was at JSU given how awful the SWAC is).

NDSU92
12-07-2022, 03:26 PM
I kinda like it... it's not like there's much of a, if any, foundation to build on there. Get rid of the kids who have the "coach is mean and isn't gonna give me the spot I'm entitled to" mentality and keep the kids that have the "*bleep* you, I'm going to beat out your Jackson St transfers for playing time" mentality. Deion's recruiting draw is undeniable so give him a chance to go after a few of the hundreds of guys in the portal right now and I have little doubt he could instantly raise the talent level there considerably.

That said there's plenty of risk to team chemistry to try to throw together than many new guys together and the Pac-12 isn't the SWAC - he's not going to be able to puff up his team's W-L record with teams at the bottom of the subdivision like he did this year at JSU (and really has pretty much all 3 years he was at JSU given how awful the SWAC is).

I'm sure there's no way he could've achieved the same thing without being unprofessional, condescending and just a plain ass about it.

JMB
12-07-2022, 03:27 PM

The flipside is that many fans (not specifically you) lament the lack of loyalty "in today's kids" but are ok with stuff like this. Hell its pretty common to see coaches talking out of both sides of their mouth on these issues.

Professor Chaos
12-07-2022, 03:37 PM
The flipside is that many fans (not specifically you) lament the lack of loyalty "in today's kids" but are ok with stuff like this. Hell its pretty common to see coaches talking out of both sides of their mouth on these issues.
That's true especially when I saw comments to him addressing his current/former players at Jackson St telling them to not just jump into the portal. I think there are many coaches at new places who do this same thing but don't do it as publicly as Deion just did. As much as many of us fans don't like all the increased transfers these days in college football, transfers can still be addition by subtraction.

The_Sicatoka
12-07-2022, 03:45 PM
I'm sure there's no way he could've achieved the same thing without being unprofessional, condescending and just a plain ass about it.

Like his message, but it's a message better delivered behind closed doors (and not with cameras and Twitter).

NDSU92
12-07-2022, 03:51 PM
Like his message, but it's a message better delivered behind closed doors (and not with cameras and Twitter).

I liked his message in that he was indirectly honest about how much of a circus his time at Colorado is going to be.

You don't give that message to those kids with cameras on their faces. He was standing in front of them alternating between calling them b*tches and bragging about how great of a person he is. All while some dufus in an Amazon Prime sweatshirt tries to keep a mic boom in front of his face.

Punk. Move.

El_Chapo
12-07-2022, 03:52 PM
Purdue Coach Brohm back to Louisville??

IndyBison
12-07-2022, 06:47 PM
Like his message, but it's a message better delivered behind closed doors (and not with cameras and Twitter).Several years ago, Trent Miles took over at Indiana State. His first meeting with the team he told them his things were going to be done going forward. He told them the next meeting would be that afternoon, and they were all welcome to attend if they were good with the new rules. Several did not return. Similar to Deion, but let the players decide. That Spring he has 40 players practicing!

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

bruinbison
12-07-2022, 06:51 PM

Took a quick look at Colorado’s roster to see if there are any familiar names.
Here are two names that would be fun to see transfer to the MVFC.

https://cubuffs.com/sports/football/roster/austin-dahlke/15767

Austin Dahlke
Position Safety
Height 6-1
Weight 175
Class Freshman
Hometown Edgar, Wis.

Had several PWO offers from FBS schools, Illinois State among those that offered

https://cubuffs.com/sports/football/roster/noah-fenske/15773

Noah Fenske
Position Offensive Line
Height 6-5
Weight 305
Class Sophomore
Hometown New Hampton, Iowa
Highschool New Hampton/Iowa

Had a Jackrabbit offer in high school, also the school up north

El_Chapo
12-08-2022, 12:09 AM
Prime might have left some trouble at jackson state. whispers about fighting about money and millions between him and the admin.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

https://twitter.com/BrandoAKing/status/1600270447093768192?s=20

Deion locker broke into in october https://twitter.com/rdm_33/status/1600368239053135872?s=20

and this Drey
@DNjtrenton
·
20h
Jackson State’s football locker room that everybody is WOWED by was not built by Coach Prime. The $1 million facility is a repurposed section of our Walter Payton Center and it was constructed in 2019, a year before Coach Prime arrived.

TAILG8R
12-08-2022, 12:13 AM
Prime might have left some trouble at jackson state. whispers about fighting about money and millions between him and the admin.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

https://twitter.com/BrandoAKing/status/1600270447093768192?s=20

https://media.tenor.com/Exk8AotxcOwAAAAd/shock-shocked.gif

JDZ
12-08-2022, 04:23 PM
Rob Ambrose leaving Towson. I wonder if he is taking the earring with him...

ByeSonBusiness
12-08-2022, 08:03 PM
Sac State coach apparently a finalist for Stanford

El_Chapo
12-09-2022, 03:46 AM

that's interesting

KSBisonFan
12-09-2022, 10:04 AM

So UIW at Sac State features 2 head coaches who are/may be leaving their teams.

BigHorns
12-10-2022, 02:55 PM
So UIW at Sac State features 2 head coaches who are/may be leaving their teams.

Both of them better figure out what a Defense is, lol

El_Chapo
12-10-2022, 09:03 PM
Sac St coach to Stanford??? wow

El_Chapo
12-15-2022, 12:40 PM
Bobby Petrino Missouri State to UNLV OC!!

Kenni Burns to Kent St as Head coach

BigHorns
01-05-2023, 04:47 AM
Petrino moving on to Texas A&M
https://www.news-leader.com/story/sports/college/msu/2023/01/04/bobby-petrino-unlv-offensive-coordinator-texas-am-missouri-state-jimbo-fisher-ryan-beard/69778466007/

HerdBot
01-05-2023, 06:17 AM
Petrino moving on to Texas A&M
https://www.news-leader.com/story/sports/college/msu/2023/01/04/bobby-petrino-unlv-offensive-coordinator-texas-am-missouri-state-jimbo-fisher-ryan-beard/69778466007/

I would imagine they are paying him more than the entire UNLV staff combined