PDA

View Full Version : Ndsu samford 6pm espn 2 friday night lights

El_Chapo
12-04-2022, 03:34 AM
Not Happy! We got pushed off the Mothership ESPN 11AM? THANKS STONY BROOK

Samford gonna throw the ball 50 times on us, we need our CBs to jump a route & make some plays.

El_Chapo
12-04-2022, 03:43 AM
why would Matt do this?

Bison wrestling Friday,
11am Bison football sat then men’s basketball Saturday and Bison wrestling and men’s basketball Sunday and it’s all up in flames.

NDSUstudent
12-04-2022, 03:49 AM

Samford gonna throw the ball 50 times on us, we need our CBs to jump a route & make some plays.

11 AM games suck, loving this.

Going to be 4,000 people in Brookings on the mothership, that will be a bit sad.

Kevin
12-04-2022, 04:06 AM
why would Matt do this?

Bison wrestling Friday,
11am Bison football sat then men’s basketball Saturday and Bison wrestling and men’s basketball Sunday and it’s all up in flames.

I did it lakes. Fight me.

Professor Chaos
12-04-2022, 04:07 AM
11 AM games suck, loving this.

Going to be 4,000 people in Brookings on the mothership, that will be a bit sad.
Agreed! SDSU will get more eyeballs being on the mothership right after Gameday from Army/Navy but, as a fan, this is vastly preferable.

El_Chapo
12-04-2022, 04:31 AM
Agreed! SDSU will get more eyeballs being on the mothership right after Gameday from Army/Navy but, as a fan, this is vastly preferable.

we need more eyeballs for our FBS invite

HerdBot
12-04-2022, 04:31 AM
Fuck 11 am games. I hate them. Our program is at the point where we dont need to beg for exposure. Get to the Natty and we get a game on ABC. Besides prime time Espn2 is just better and if we win we get another game

56BISON73
12-04-2022, 04:34 AM
LOVE 6pm Friday games.

HerdBot
12-04-2022, 04:37 AM
LOVE 6pm Friday games.

7 or 8 pm on a Friday would be better but this should be fun

HerdBot
12-04-2022, 04:50 AM

Weve been on national TV like 40 times over the last decade. Having a few hundred thousand less viewers impacts us in no way. Except 7 am tailgating is like 18 degrees vs 30

NDSUBowler
12-04-2022, 05:39 AM
Oh no i have to leave work early. Whatever will i do?!

sage
12-04-2022, 01:27 PM
This should be a whole new thread, but does anyone know much about Samford? I see they pass a lot and that doesn't fir to well for the Bison.
How do we stack up against them? If someone wants to start a new thread on the subject, please do.

El_Chapo
12-04-2022, 02:04 PM
Yes Samford will throw the ball 50 times on us. I'm kinda worried

NDSU_grad
12-04-2022, 02:05 PM
Sucks for the wrestling team. Biggest home dual in a long time. Selfishly I love it since my kid has a wrestling tournament Saturday.

NDSU_grad
12-04-2022, 02:08 PM
LOL. Do you watch Bison football?

Loud and Proud Bison fan
12-04-2022, 02:48 PM
I am selfish too... I love me the Friday night shit show tail gates. Best ones we have all year!

Kevin
12-04-2022, 02:54 PM
I thought it was Sanford at first and got excited.

BigHorns
12-04-2022, 03:18 PM
This should be a whole new thread, but does anyone know much about Samford? I see they pass a lot and that doesn't fir to well for the Bison.
How do we stack up against them? If someone wants to start a new thread on the subject, please do.

They have a good record, but struggled to beat SELA in overtime. This will be a blowout.
And yes, they pass, but their QB is nothing special.

BigHorns
12-04-2022, 03:20 PM
Weve been on national TV like 40 times over the last decade. Having a few hundred thousand less viewers impacts us in no way. Except 7 am tailgating is like 18 degrees vs 30

Exactly. And they gave us the prime time spot, not the late night shift on Friday.

EC8CH
12-04-2022, 03:36 PM
https://samford.proboards.com/thread/1297/north-dakota-state-football

Post is filled with some unique digs about Fargo. Real creative stuff. Have to imagine with creativity like this, Samford is the height of Alabamian intellectualism.

Hammerhead
12-04-2022, 03:42 PM

Post is filled with some unique digs about Fargo. Real creative stuff. Have to imagine with creativity like this, Samford is the height of Alabamian intellectualism.

My favorite part was near the end. "We are playing a giant of the FCS, but they are FCS just like us. Every team we play is basically the same." Umm, no. Every team and every conference in the FCS is not the same.

GreenfieldBison
12-04-2022, 03:50 PM

He/she seems to think they are playing SDSU, in Fargo. How does that work?

NDSU1980
12-04-2022, 03:50 PM

We need balls for an FBS invite, not eyeballs. I only wish Matt Larsen had a pair.

EC8CH
12-04-2022, 04:06 PM
He/she seems to think they are playing SDSU, in Fargo. How does that work?

I can only assume that it's meant as an ironic dig confusing the Dakota state schools. The guy is obviously playing 4d chess

NDSU92
12-04-2022, 04:12 PM
My favorite part was near the end. "We are playing a giant of the FCS, but they are FCS just like us. Every team we play is basically the same." Umm, no. Every team and every conference in the FCS is not the same.

Every team in the Southern conference is essentially the same. Decent offenses and terrible defenses. I literally just spent 5 minutes looking at the Furman roster by accident. It’s okay there’s essentially no difference.

I would just like to personally thank the selection committee for putting UIW at 7 and Samford at 6. UIW is a lot better and much more dangerous than Samford.

That defense was gassed on a late Saturday night game. They gotta fly up Thursday so super short week. Sounds like they may have lost their southern conference player of the year quarterback too…

EC8CH
12-04-2022, 04:19 PM
Every team in the Southern conference is essentially the same. Decent offenses and terrible defenses. I literally just spent 5 minutes looking at the Furman roster by accident. It’s okay there’s essentially no difference.

I would just like to personally thank the selection committee for putting UIW at 7 and Samford at 6. UIW is a lot better and much more dangerous than Samford.

That defense was gassed on a late Saturday night game. They gotta fly up Thursday so super short week. Sounds like they may have lost their southern conference player of the year quarterback too…

Can they even fly here from there though. Might need to take a stretch on covered wagons. Half their roster might die of dysentery.

ndsubison1
12-04-2022, 04:39 PM
Southern speed. More athletic. They only lost to Georgia. Were not as good as them. Your women are ugly. Just guessing.

HerdBot
12-04-2022, 04:55 PM
Exactly. And they gave us the prime time spot, not the late night shift on Friday.

I look at Friday night as prime time. 11 am Saturday has ways been crap. Half the country is sleeping

Professor Chaos
12-04-2022, 05:00 PM
I look at Friday night as prime time. 11 am Saturday has ways been crap. Half the country is sleeping
That 11AM CT spot in the quarterfinals will significantly outdraw the Friday night games in terms of viewers mainly because it's on ESPN not the deuce and because it immediately follows College Gameday on a Saturday when there's next to no college football being played (Army/Navy is the only FBS game). Back when the title game was also on ESPN2 these quarterfinals games were the most watched games of the playoffs for NDSU.

But, like I said, as a fan I like Friday at 6PM better than Saturday at 11AM. Good for SDSU to get the ESPN game and good for their fans that they don't have to freeze their asses off after sundown with the 6PM kickoff on Friday that NDSU got.

I'd also think (hope???) that we're able to get more fans into the dome on Friday night vs Saturday morning. Seems like there's more events (youth sports, travel, etc) going on in people's lives on Saturday morning/early afternoon than on Friday. That quarterfinal last year vs ETSU didn't even draw 12k fans (NDSU's lowest attended playoff game since the Robert Moris game on Thanksgiving Saturday in 2010 I believe).

HerdBot
12-04-2022, 05:43 PM
That 11AM CT spot in the quarterfinals will significantly outdraw the Friday night games in terms of viewers mainly because it's on ESPN not the deuce and because it immediately follows College Gameday on a Saturday when there's next to no college football being played (Army/Navy is the only FBS game). Back when the title game was also on ESPN2 these quarterfinals games were the most watched games of the playoffs for NDSU.

But, like I said, as a fan I like Friday at 6PM better than Saturday at 11AM. Good for SDSU to get the ESPN game and good for their fans that they don't have to freeze their asses off after sundown with the 6PM kickoff on Friday that NDSU got.

I'd also think (hope???) that we're able to get more fans into the dome on Friday night vs Saturday morning. Seems like there's more events (youth sports, travel, etc) going on in people's lives on Saturday morning/early afternoon than on Friday. That quarterfinal last year vs ETSU didn't even draw 12k fans (NDSU's lowest attended playoff game since the Robert Moris game on Thanksgiving Saturday in 2010 I believe).

Historically that 11 am spot has been anywhere between 1.4 and 2.1 million. The high end was ndsu vs sdsu. Low end was Coastal Carolina.

This game will probably draw around a million but like you said the attendace will probably be better. Also for Lakes, more Mountain West time zones will see it

fmfantasy
12-04-2022, 07:16 PM

I would think the friday game will help attendance, plus it miight be the last game at home this year so people cant just skip if fro the semi final.. but likely will be another blowout.

EC8CH
12-04-2022, 08:23 PM
Just watched Samford SLU ending. They stormed the field. Big mistake... BIG, huge.

HerdThat!
12-04-2022, 09:12 PM
I thought it was Sanford at first and got excited.

Their staff would probably be more competitive

BisonHorns
12-04-2022, 09:47 PM

I like when teams throw and our defensive line is chasing their quarterback all day. Plus they are playing with their backup qb right now.

El_Chapo
12-04-2022, 11:44 PM
will it be loud enough to affect their OL?

El_Chapo
12-04-2022, 11:48 PM
I'm not even gonna go on thier sh.t proboard message board. that's how pud this college is.
I should be proud of their name. but hell I might not even show up to a 47-10 blowout

TAILG8R
12-05-2022, 12:03 AM
I'm not even gonna go on thier sh.t proboard message board. that's how pud this college is.
I should be proud of their name. but hell I might not even show up to a 47-10 blowout

T-minus 5 days until “I guess I’ll be going. First row for so cheap it was like stealing. “

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

El_Chapo
12-05-2022, 02:49 AM
T-minus 5 days until “I guess I’ll be going. First row for so cheap it was like stealing. “

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

section 12 is a blast ..you got the band right there and drunk co-eds sneaking over and sitting there. highly recommend it!

El_Chapo
12-05-2022, 07:56 PM
these clowns want Band Smack?? LOL its over.

kab1one
12-05-2022, 08:01 PM

Why do you go to the games? You just sit at post on bisonville during the game, I can't figure out what you are watching.

MyOhMy
12-05-2022, 09:12 PM

With their backup QB who's a walk-on redshirt freshman since their starter is injured and likely out.

El_Chapo
12-06-2022, 12:43 AM
With their backup QB who's a walk-on redshirt freshman since their starter is injured and likely out.

well, that wont stop them.

Wolfie
12-06-2022, 12:13 PM

They literally play absolute garbage teams with no defense.
I don't think they will have 4-5 seconds to throw the ball this time.
They went to double OT with Mercer...what more do you need to know?

Professor Chaos
12-06-2022, 12:34 PM
They literally play absolute garbage teams with no defense.
I don't think they will have 4-5 seconds to throw the ball this time.
They went to double OT with Mercer...what more do you need to know?
Well, apparently you don't know that Mercer was ranked in the top 25 the entire season and the top 15 for the majority of it. The SOCON had 3 other pretty good teams this year with Chattanooga and Furman included in it and Samford beat them all. This isn't a Pioneer or even an OVC type league that they ran the table on - it's only behind the MVFC, Big Sky, and CAA in terms of quality I'd say.

Now commence the "FCS is watered down" narrative.

Wolfie
12-06-2022, 12:37 PM
Well, apparently you don't know that Mercer was ranked in the top 25 the entire season and the top 15 for the majority of it. The SOCON had 3 other pretty good teams this year with Chattanooga and Furman included in it and Samford beat them all. This isn't a Pioneer or even an OVC type league that they ran the table on - it's only behind the MVFC, Big Sky, and CAA in terms of quality I'd say.

Now commence the "FCS is watered down" narrative.

I really don't care where they were ranked.

I think you know that being ranked after the top 5 or so teams doesn't mean a whole lot in FCS.
But, you can always pretend it does in case we lose.
Mercer was 7-4 so pimp them all you want I guess. They played 3 ranked teams and lost them all.

If Samford scares you, then sorry. Dunno what to say.

Professor Chaos
12-06-2022, 01:05 PM

I think you know that being ranked after the top 5 or so teams doesn't mean a whole lot in FCS.
Mercer was 7-4 so pimp them all you want I guess. They played 3 ranked teams and lost them all.

I never said Samford scared me. I disagree with your statement that they play absolute garbage teams - Mercer is not a garbage team and neither are Furman or Chattanooga. NDSU damn near lost to an actual absolute garbage team in Indiana St (who Massey ranks below every SOCON team except one) earlier this season. If NDSU plays reasonably well they should win easily as the 16.5 point betting line indicates but if they're flat or sloppy, like they were in Terre Haute, Samford is certainly capable of beating them.

El_Chapo
12-06-2022, 02:31 PM

this is correct this spread will be -20 by gametime and there will be 12,000 fans there again.

SDbison
12-06-2022, 03:18 PM
this is correct this spread will be -20 by gametime and there will be 12,000 fans there again.
I still don't understand why more fans don't take in these games where seats are available. Is it the $35 or $45 total cost for each? Are the so called fans in Fargo so spoiled that won't pay to go see a new team come play during the playoffs? The weather isn't an issue. The game time is ideal. Great Friday night activity for families, couples and single people! Locals should know the dynasty won't last forever so they need to catch a glimpse while they can. Question I have is since NDSU did not spend much on marketing NDSU footbal in the last 5 to 7 years, why don't they do some welll done big promotions on TV, radio and Internet to get more butts in the seats?

El_Chapo
12-06-2022, 03:21 PM
they are lazy & arrogant, its a bad combo.

and yes SD . NDSU fans have seen the FCS playoffs work every year now since 2012 10 years of Domination. It is what it is, I walked around the entire dome last week's game 3 times. NO ONE from 2012-2018 RUN are there anymore. Its depressing.

time for NDSU admin to wake up

EC8CH
12-06-2022, 03:23 PM
I still don't understand why more fans don't take in these games where seats are available. Is it the $35 or $45 total cost for each? Are the so called fans in Fargo so spoiled that won't pay to go see a new team come play during the playoffs? The weather isn't an issue. The game time is ideal. Great Friday night activity for families, couples and single people! Locals should know the dynasty won't last forever so they need to catch a glimpse while they can. Question I have is since NDSU did not spend much on marketing NDSU footbal in the last 5 to 7 years, why don't they do some welll done big promotions on TV, radio and Internet to get more butts in the seats?

These are good questions.

56BISON73
12-06-2022, 03:36 PM

SD
There is a huge percentage of the people in the Fargo metro plex that couldnt give 2 shits about NDSU and their athletic programs.. Just as there are students who dont care either.

NDSU92
12-06-2022, 03:40 PM

The casual fans don't care as much. We've lost the name recognition in the subdivision, people have watched us dominate football programs with half the budget as us for a decade now, it's not as fresh new and cool to go to the games, etc.

Pick your excuse. Increased marketing would certainly help a moderate amount. We've been getting by on product alone and it's time to make some splashy changes.

EC8CH
12-06-2022, 03:42 PM
The casual fans don't care as much. We've lost the name recognition in the subdivision, people have watched us dominate football programs with half the budget as us for a decade now, it's not as fresh new and cool to go to the games, etc.

Pick your excuse. Increased marketing would certainly help a moderate amount. We've been getting by on product alone and it's time to make some splashy changes.

Basically..... it's time.

CAS4127
12-06-2022, 05:34 PM

I told ML last March at TM golf outing in AZ that the gameday experience (including tailgate, entrance issues, non-football in-game entertainment, food, etc.) needed to start matching the product on the field. They took some steps this year, but more certainly needs to be done.

BigHorns
12-06-2022, 05:41 PM
I told ML last March at TM golf outing in AZ that the gameday experience (including tailgate, entrance issues, non-football in-game entertainment, food, etc.) needed to start matching the product on the field. They took some steps this year, but more certainly needs to be done.

Agree, at $45 per seat people expect a premium experience.

For a lot of us the game is enough, but not as much for the average family spending $200 that has other activities competing for their time and money. Have to also consider that some will just throw a giant watch party at their house with a lot more comfort and better food.

El_Chapo
12-06-2022, 05:43 PM
more interactions w the crowd.
NBA believe it or not is really good at this, especially in timeouts

Hammerhead
12-06-2022, 11:20 PM
The NCAA doesn’t have the best in-game stuff. I couldn’t get online through Verizon and missed having other scores on the ribbon boards next to the end zone where NDSU shows scores from other games.

CAS4127
12-06-2022, 11:29 PM
The NCAA doesn’t have the best in-game stuff. I couldn’t get online through Verizon and missed having other scores on the ribbon boards next to the end zone where NDSU shows scores from other games.

Is announcing scores during the boring media timeouts or way-to-long official review times prohibited.

And, BTW, I’m probably guilty of taking up your Verizon space, cuz I normally have zero problems getting Verizon access in Dome. You must be unlucky, in that you are attempting access exactly at the same time Loser Chapo is posting in every fucking thread constantly.

Time for me to block him. I just can’t anymore ….

Jim Puetz
12-06-2022, 11:47 PM
The Bison are going to pound Samford. Then, they are going to pound whoever wins between Sac State and IWU. Then they are going to go to Frisco and pound whomever shows up to play them. I just have this gut feeling that the Bison are ready to dominate here on out, notwithstanding the loss of key personnel. This is the year of next man up and let's coach 'em up. GO BISON!

GreenfieldBison
12-06-2022, 11:53 PM
Is announcing scores during the boring media timeouts or way-to-long official review times prohibited.

And, BTW, I’m probably guilty of taking up your Verizon space, cuz I normally have zero problems getting Verizon access in Dome. You must be unlucky, in that you are attempting access exactly at the same time Loser Chapo is posting in every fucking thread constantly.

Time for me to block him. I just can’t anymore ….

Deep breaths brother, deep breaths. Ya know, this retirement shit is hard. I’m gonna take a couple days off and go to this game. I hope to see you and all the rest of the Bisonville faithful there.

Hammerhead
12-07-2022, 12:31 AM
Getting wi-fi in the dome would be a big plus. During the Montana game I couldn't even get on the internet through Verizon to check the scores of other playoff games on my phone until people started leaving.

6:00 PM might also be a little early for many people if they want to grab dinner before the game. We might go to more regular season games if they weren't on TV and we've maybe missed one playoff game since moving back to Fargo in 2015 just because it's the playoffs and sometimes there are good opponents.

CAS4127
12-07-2022, 12:48 AM
Deep breaths brother, deep breaths. Ya know, this retirement shit is hard. I’m gonna take a couple days off and go to this game. I hope to see you and all the rest of the Bisonville faithful there.

You are welcome at TOHBTC site. Look forward to meeting you.

56BISON73
12-07-2022, 12:49 AM

I will be serving Shrimp and Crawfish Gumbo.

CAS4127
12-07-2022, 01:01 AM

As long as they aren’t “jumbo shrimp”—that confuses me?

Hammerhead
12-07-2022, 01:07 PM
The order confirmation page crashed like it did last week and at least I remembered to check my email to verify that I did get tickets. We managed to get tickets two rows lower than last week's game still in the same section near the 45 yard line.

El_Chapo
12-07-2022, 01:19 PM
my cousin got row front row. this seat map is so embarrassing ndsu has an issue

cbline
12-07-2022, 01:30 PM
my cousin got row front row. this seat map is so embarrassing ndsu has an issue

With all of your negativity, I certainly look forward to the day when you are either the new AD or have the title of "Special Advisor" to the AD.

GreenfieldBison
12-07-2022, 02:28 PM
Here is a little nugget on betting for this game that popped into my feed this morning. This guy recommends best bet is Samford against the spread at +16.5

https://www.fanduel.com/theduel/posts/samford-vs-north-dakota-state-prediction-odds-best-bet-fcs-quarterfinals-bulldogs-fall-seasoned-bison-01gkm9398wta

EC8CH
12-07-2022, 02:41 PM
With all of your negativity, I certainly look forward to the day when you are either the new AD or have the title of "Special Advisor" to the AD.

Mini AD.....

ndsubison1
12-07-2022, 04:18 PM
Here is a little nugget on betting for this game that popped into my feed this morning. This guy recommends best bet is Samford against the spread at +16.5

https://www.fanduel.com/theduel/posts/samford-vs-north-dakota-state-prediction-odds-best-bet-fcs-quarterfinals-bulldogs-fall-seasoned-bison-01gkm9398wta

Some places you can get Samford +17. Anything under 16 NDSU is a no brainer.

NDSUBowler
12-07-2022, 04:32 PM

Pretty hilarious that he issues a final score projection of 38-22 and then suggests Samford +16.5 is the best bet. That's a pretty thin margin there, bud!

GreenfieldBison
12-07-2022, 05:36 PM
Samford Chris Hatcher presser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08fI_MnhkfI

stevdock
12-07-2022, 06:12 PM

Hmmmm well maybe there are other things that we are a part of. I will be coaching a School basketball game at this time, which my daughter is a part of the team. My son will have basketball practice, probably until kickoff. So he will finish at 6, I will finish at 6:30. If we didn't have those, our girls basketball team is also playing that night. It is a road game, so no idea if we would be going.

I've been to close to a couple hundred home games now since I graduated college, so the want to be there is there. But people do have other priorities that are more important than Bison football. Especially when they changed the schedule this year. I was excited to be there on Saturday, as I had no commitments.

IndyBison
12-07-2022, 06:38 PM
Hmmmm well maybe there are other things that we are a part of. I will be coaching a School basketball game at this time, which my daughter is a part of the team. My son will have basketball practice, probably until kickoff. So he will finish at 6, I will finish at 6:30. If we didn't have those, our girls basketball team is also playing that night. It is a road game, so no idea if we would be going.

I've been to close to a couple hundred home games now since I graduated college, so the want to be there is there. But people do have other priorities that are more important than Bison football. Especially when they changed the schedule this year. I was excited to be there on Saturday, as I had no commitments.We've always had fans with other priorities so nothing changes there. It may be affecting you now and not previously, but in 2013-15 when we were seeking our quickly, the people who had other conflicts might not now. The only thing they'd changed is the fact we've done this many times now and it's not seen as a unique experience. The cost as well has probably gone up. Don't defend the time you are spending coaching your kids. That time will go fast.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

El_Chapo
12-07-2022, 07:05 PM

I'd totally crush at that job.

BigLakeBison
12-07-2022, 08:14 PM
We've always had fans with other priorities so nothing changes there. It may be affecting you now and not previously, but in 2013-15 when we were seeking our quickly, the people who had other conflicts might not now. The only thing they'd changed is the fact we've done this many times now and it's not seen as a unique experience. The cost as well has probably gone up. Don't defend the time you are spending coaching your kids. That time will go fast.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Spot on. Individual priorities are nothing new. The perceived value of attending a Bison football game at the Fargodome has declined. Saying that fans are spoiled (even if it may have some truth to it) will not do anything to improve attendance. The perceived value of attending a Bison football game needs to be increased.

56BISON73
12-07-2022, 08:19 PM
I'd totally crush at that job.

Only if you think people pulling donations is crushing. I guess that would crush the program.

El_Chapo
12-07-2022, 08:59 PM
Spot on. Individual priorities are nothing new. The perceived value of attending a Bison football game at the Fargodome has declined. Saying that fans are spoiled (even if it may have some truth to it) will not do anything to improve attendance. The perceived value of attending a Bison football game needs to be increased.

yea no shit we're spoiled. it's the fcs maybe 4-5 good PROGRAMS. maybe

JMB
12-07-2022, 09:26 PM

I am biting the bullet, pulling the kids outta school early and making the drive up I94 this weekend.

Hammerhead
12-07-2022, 09:29 PM
Don't forget to wear green for the code green game. I usually wear a yellow hoodie to keep warm on the walk from the car, but I guess my green pullover will be OK if it's in the 20s.

GreenfieldBison
12-07-2022, 10:44 PM
I am biting the bullet, pulling the kids outta school early and making the drive up I94 this weekend.

I just feel compelled to issue an official “atta boy!” here. Let’s pack this dome!

EC8CH
12-07-2022, 10:48 PM

Father of the year

tojo70
12-07-2022, 11:05 PM

Holy crap. Been craving that. Where are you tailgating at?

JMB
12-08-2022, 10:50 AM
Father of the year

They are missing Geometry, they have been learning about shapes since Kindergarten. If they don't have it figured out by now, they probably aren't going to get it.

NDSU92
12-08-2022, 01:38 PM

How does one drive "up" an east/west road?

:hide:

mtoutfitter
12-08-2022, 01:45 PM

Up does not refer to direction it refers to elevation. In other words North is not always up. Good example is the Red River which runs north but is dropping in elevation all the way to Lake Winnipeg. If one were to drive from Bismarck to Fargo you're actually going down.

El_Chapo
12-08-2022, 01:52 PM
seat map (like last week) hasn't moved much.
so NDSU admin can't lower prices cuz of NCAA for quick sale.

HOWEVER. COOK & ENTZ could buy all the student tickets and pack section 12 13 and 14 at least

I 94 definitely goes UP from MSP to Fargo...cmon ndsu92 you're my boy

gizmo
12-08-2022, 01:57 PM
The Bison are going to pound Samford. Then, they are going to pound whoever wins between Sac State and IWU. Then they are going to go to Frisco and pound whomever shows up to play them. I just have this gut feeling that the Bison are ready to dominate here on out, notwithstanding the loss of key personnel. This is the year of next man up and let's coach 'em up. GO BISON!

This is the post of the year!

EC8CH
12-08-2022, 02:01 PM

Minnesota, that's how.

http://webscripts.softpedia.com/screenshots/Matlab-Connect-Four-18314.png

tjamz
12-08-2022, 02:38 PM
Mini AD.....

Mini Stonybrook

semobison
12-08-2022, 02:44 PM
Up does not refer to direction it refers to elevation. In other words North is not always up. Good example is the Red River which runs north but is dropping in elevation all the way to Lake Winnipeg. If one were to drive from Bismarck to Fargo you're actually going down.

Huh, North is always up. Look at your map. You drive UP to Fargo from the cities. Traveling east from Bismarck you are going OVER to Fargo and on your return back OUT to Bismarck. Your reasoning only works in places like Colorado when you have significant elevation change.

NDSU92
12-08-2022, 02:54 PM
Huh, North is always up. Look at your map. You drive UP to Fargo from the cities. Traveling east from Bismarck you are going OVER to Fargo and on your return back OUT to Bismarck. Your reasoning only works in places like Colorado when you have significant elevation change.

Whew I thought I was going to have to get out my topo map next time I gave directions

JMB
12-08-2022, 02:59 PM
Whew I thought I was going to have to get out my topo map next time I gave directions

I guess theoretically I am losing around 40' of elevation between Mayer, MN and Fargo. So depending upon my seats in the dome it could be up or down.

MankatoBison
12-08-2022, 03:09 PM

Its okay, he's allowed to notice that there is very low demand for the game. He's not being negative, he is simply acknowledging basic reality. something we all can see with our very own eyeballs

GreenfieldBison
12-08-2022, 03:33 PM

Huh? What if I have my GPS set to "Track up?"

daddy daycare
12-08-2022, 03:48 PM

I've been to close to a couple hundred home games now since I graduated college, so the want to be there is there. But people do have other priorities that are more important than Bison football. Especially when they changed the schedule this year. I was excited to be there on Saturday, as I had no commitments.

Odd, there's other things to do in life. Crazy isn't it.

JMB
12-08-2022, 04:28 PM

It would be interesting to see the demographics of season ticket holders. Is that part of the decline that people are busier? I have a kid in high school football now, it makes for a busy weekend to do Friday Night Lights followed up by a trip to Fargo for a game. I am sure NDSU understands all of this however.

ndsubison1
12-08-2022, 04:38 PM
Id like to get Cujos definition of "Up" from that Samford Board.

mtoutfitter
12-08-2022, 04:41 PM

Bullshit. Up is not a direction. Only in places like Colorado? What about sw ND to ne ND? Three thousand foot change in elevation. Same as some states on east coast where they have sea level but also mountainious areas where they'll be 5 thousand ft elevation changes.

People who live in Billings Mt and are going to drive to Red Lodge Mt will say they're going "up to Red Lodge"....it's SW on a map and about 1400 ft of elevation change, but still UP. I spent 20 some yrs as a guide in Yellowstone area and if another guide told me he was going "up country"....I knew he was going up the drainage, up the mountain, up the creek, whatever the case may be but it sure as hell didn't mean he was neccessarily going north.

56BISON73
12-08-2022, 04:44 PM
Holy crap. Been craving that. Where are you tailgating at?

PM sent.......

NDSU92
12-08-2022, 04:46 PM

Yeah I keep forgetting that high school sports and personal conflicts were invented in the last two years and hence wouldn't have affected attendance when we were selling out 2011-2018.

El_Chapo
12-08-2022, 04:46 PM
It would be interesting to see the demographics of season ticket holders. Is that part of the decline that people are busier? I have a kid in high school football now, it makes for a busy weekend to do Friday Night Lights followed up by a trip to Fargo for a game. I am sure NDSU understands all of this however.

well yea. from 2009-2013 during the initial PARTY SCENE of the run, alot of tailgaters/fans were 25-40 range. now they are 35-50 with families and kids and jobs and stuff going on, it is what it is.

but then again Sports & Xmas Parties & Family Xmas parties were here in 2009-2013 too, hmmm what could of possibly changed.....

168 - 13 complete domination of a division that NDSU clearly doesn't belong in.. but i'll save that for the FBS better thread.

in 2013 I would walk around tailgate & dome and know 1000's of people, i did it last 2 games. poof none of those people are here and I know dam well they are huge NDSU fans but they know what's up

El_Chapo
12-08-2022, 04:55 PM
just checking ticket page. NOTHING has been sold since 8am wed when they opened up. I see 4-5 sections of 15-20 seats sold.
my gawd.

233,000 Fargo Population? and we are looking at under 10,000 1 week after 12,400 for Montana.

staying put is costing us $250k/game in potential revenue.

gumby013
12-08-2022, 05:51 PM
It's flight stalking time!

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/AAY4951

HerdThat!
12-08-2022, 05:54 PM

Ahhh, THATS what they meant by Southern Speed

stevdock
12-08-2022, 05:55 PM
just checking ticket page. NOTHING has been sold since 8am wed when they opened up. I see 4-5 sections of 15-20 seats sold.
my gawd.

233,000 Fargo Population? and we are looking at under 10,000 1 week after 12,400 for Montana.

staying put is costing us $250k/game in potential revenue.

Ok first of all and most importantly for this post, if we moved up we wouldn't have a game tomorrow. So staying put is actually making NDSU money this week. How much? I have no idea, but it is more than if we were FBS. Last week we probably would not have had a home game, so another money maker. Next week I think we have another great chance at a home game. FBS definitely not. So 3 strikes and you're out for this post.

I'm all for an FBS move, but playoff time and playoff attendance is not the reason to bring it up.

El_Chapo
12-08-2022, 05:56 PM

GUMBY!!! yes!!!

El_Chapo
12-08-2022, 05:57 PM
Ok first of all and most importantly for this post, if we moved up we wouldn't have a game tomorrow. So staying put is actually making NDSU money this week. How much? I have no idea, but it is more than if we were FBS. Last week we probably would not have had a home game, so another money maker. Next week I think we have another great chance at a home game. FBS definitely not. So 3 strikes and you're out for this post.

I'm all for an FBS move, but playoff time and playoff attendance is not the reason to bring it up.

well 70% goes to the NCAA so i guess we are both in the same boat StevDock. have a good day

thunderingherd
12-08-2022, 06:09 PM
Lower the ticket prices to meet the demand and it'll sell out. And also pay for the student tix, as they are a big part of NDSU's future ticket buying base. Even if you get a handful of them interested.

stevdock
12-08-2022, 06:12 PM
Yeah I keep forgetting that high school sports and personal conflicts were invented in the last two years and hence wouldn't have affected attendance when we were selling out 2011-2018.

I wonder how many work, sports schedules have been adjusted over the years due to potential Bison games (and yes there have been some because I've personally seen it). Hopefully everyone can see that this week's schedule is drastically different than every other year.

stevdock
12-08-2022, 06:18 PM
well 70% goes to the NCAA so i guess we are both in the same boat StevDock. have a good day

So wouldn't NDSU pocket the other 30% ?????? Sounds like they make money then????? ;)

Professor Chaos
12-08-2022, 06:25 PM
Ticket prices are higher and fan interest is lower because there's no novelty to it anymore - it's not surprising demand isn't what it used to be and these aren't new things as this quarterfinal game has been the lowest attended playoff game for years. Last year for ETSU it was 11,794 - we beat the 2021 attendance for the 2nd round game last week and we might beat it again this week so you can spin in if you want that playoff attendance is trending up if you really want to.

Not sure why so much energy is wasted on lamenting attendance especially in the playoffs - it's not something any of us control at the macro level. It is what it is - enjoy the game. None of us have much control over the outcome of that either but those of us who will be there will be doing our part to help out how we can so that's where my energy will go.

NDSU92
12-08-2022, 06:28 PM
Ticket prices are higher and fan interest is lower because there's no novelty to it anymore - it's not surprising demand isn't there and this aren't new things as this quarterfinal game has been the lowest attended playoff game for years. Last year for ETSU it was 11,794 - we beat the 2021 attendance for the 2nd round game last week and we might beat it again this week so you can spin in if you want that playoff attendance is trending up if you really want to.

Not sure why so much energy is wasted on lamenting attendance especially in the playoffs - it's not something any of us control at the macro level. It is what it is - enjoy the game. None of us have much control over the outcome of that either but those of us who will be there will be doing our part to help out how we can.

Attendance gets used as a stick to beat the FBS dead horse

El_Chapo
12-08-2022, 06:35 PM

oh they are FAST..

semobison
12-08-2022, 07:04 PM
Bullshit. Up is not a direction. Only in places like Colorado? What about sw ND to ne ND? Three thousand foot change in elevation. Same as some states on east coast where they have sea level but also mountainious areas where they'll be 5 thousand ft elevation changes.

People who live in Billings Mt and are going to drive to Red Lodge Mt will say they're going "up to Red Lodge"....it's SW on a map and about 1400 ft of elevation change, but still UP. I spent 20 some yrs as a guide in Yellowstone area and if another guide told me he was going "up country"....I knew he was going up the drainage, up the mountain, up the creek, whatever the case may be but it sure as hell didn't mean he was neccessarily going north.

Yes, like I said, where there is significant elevation change going up is to a higher elevation and usually a shorter distance.
I’ll trump your 20 years as a tour guide with my 35 years as a land surveyor. Going up North, going down South and going out West is all determined by location on a map! Mapping in the US started on the east coast so going east is usually back east or over to the east.
Ain’t all this education fun!

Mr Pep Band
12-08-2022, 07:41 PM
All this arguing about UP DOWN OVER OUT, North upwards maps vs. elevation is hilarious and pointless.

:rofl::rofl::facepalm::facepalm:

I believe it is all framed in our perspective and relative context.

El_Chapo
12-08-2022, 07:46 PM

They going WIDE EAST around Moorhead... smart move with Longhorn, Slick, Endzone and Savvy all in Moorhead being #SOFT

cbline
12-08-2022, 07:58 PM

So much for "Southern Speed." They landed 27 minutes late.

El_Chapo
12-08-2022, 08:01 PM
So much for "Southern Speed." They landed 27 minutes late.

It'll be their ONLY Touchdown in Fargo. 3 FGs tomorrow. 28-9 final score

Mr Pep Band
12-08-2022, 08:16 PM
It'll be their ONLY Touchdown in Fargo. 3 FGs tomorrow. 28-9 final score

Bold prediction Chapo. But certainly not out of the realm of reality. I predict they will have a couple FG's and a single TD on a busted coverage.

Hammerhead
12-08-2022, 08:27 PM
They going WIDE EAST around Moorhead... smart move with Longhorn, Slick, Endzone and Savvy all in Moorhead being #SOFT

It's pretty common when there is a south wind to have planes approach from the north and land on runway 18 instead of flying over my house and using runway 36.

IzzyFlexion
12-08-2022, 08:48 PM
It's pretty common when there is a south wind to have planes approach from the north and land on runway 18 instead of flying over my house and using runway 36.

Correct.
The regional (smaller) jets sometimes use runway 27 when the wind is directly out of the west.

mtoutfitter
12-08-2022, 09:00 PM
Yes, like I said, where there is significant elevation change going up is to a higher elevation and usually a shorter distance.
I’ll trump your 20 years as a tour guide with my 35 years as a land surveyor. Going up North, going down South and going out West is all determined by location on a map! Mapping in the US started on the east coast so going east is usually back east or over to the east.
Ain’t all this education fun!

Ok...one final question for you. Let's say you're on top of the Beartooth Pass and you wanted to go 60 miles north to Columbus Mt, losing around 7000 ft of elevation, would you say from here "I'm going up to Columbus"? Doesn't make sense to me just cause it's north.

By the way, I was never a tour guide. I was a back country Big Game hunting and fishing guide. Guess we can agree to disagree on the rest. Go Bison!

Son of a Bison
12-08-2022, 09:38 PM
Pretty sure we can all agree what “going down” means.

Izzy right or Izzy wrong?

scottietohottie
12-08-2022, 09:55 PM
Correct.
The regional (smaller) jets sometimes use runway 27 when the wind is directly out of the west.

No kidding eh. I was sending smoke signals this mornin eh and teh wind was switching and I sent messages all over eh.

southcliffbison
12-08-2022, 09:56 PM
Ok...one final question for you. Let's say you're on top of the Beartooth Pass and you wanted to go 60 miles north to Columbus Mt, losing around 7000 ft of elevation, would you say from here "I'm going up to Columbus"? Doesn't make sense to me just cause it's north.

By the way, I was never a tour guide. I was a back country Big Game hunting and fishing guide. Guess we can agree to disagree on the rest. Go Bison!

Been up and down the Beartooth Pass with the wife and kids; passed a tour bus on one of those switchbacks on the way up (not going to say north); well, to make a long story short, I finally had to
tell the wife to put a paper bag over her head and keep her mouth shut.

mtoutfitter
12-08-2022, 10:21 PM
Been up and down the Beartooth Pass with the wife and kids; passed a tour bus on one of those switchbacks on the way up (not going to say north); well, to make a long story short, I finally had to
tell the wife to put a paper bag over her head and keep her mouth shut.

Not saying north is good cause the road runs closer to east/west than north/south...:)

BisonHorns
12-08-2022, 10:59 PM
I have the real answer. You go "up" when ever you are going to a general location and "down" when it is to someone in particular. We are going up to Fargo for the weekend. We are going down to see John and his wife.
Over is used when talking about a mutual friend or relative. We are going over to see cousin Eddie for Christmas.

scottietohottie
12-08-2022, 11:00 PM
It was up teh mountain at Laramie eh and you headed west!!!!

scottietohottie
12-08-2022, 11:02 PM
But I've never been up to Belcourt either eh and now I feel bad that my beloved turtle mountains aren't really mountains after all. Belcourt is south west of me eh.

BisonHorns
12-08-2022, 11:03 PM
Sorry to bring up the Samfart fan board again but they are busting our balls over low attendance when they average 5,000 a game. Maybe their band sucks.

scottietohottie
12-08-2022, 11:04 PM
I high 5 and been to horsemens eh

scottietohottie
12-08-2022, 11:04 PM
It's on teh iPad eh

scottietohottie
12-08-2022, 11:07 PM
Their just hills eh. :smh:

scottietohottie
12-08-2022, 11:10 PM
I'm still listening to Alabama eh.

CAS4127
12-08-2022, 11:28 PM

“Over” to me, growing up in MN and on the Rez was east or west—didn’t and still doesn’t matter which direction. Up or down was (and still is) north or south, respectively. I guess growing up on the Rez means I am more of a globalist/longitude/latitude guy, not a flatearther/parochial kinda guy who focuses on where the next mountain or hill is, cuz, once over the pass, well … you know …

i enjoy a good debate/argument, but not on this topic.

CAS4127
12-08-2022, 11:34 PM
Sorry to bring up the Samfart fan board again but they are busting our balls over low attendance when they average 5,000 a game. Maybe their band sucks.

Tell them to bring a better product and we’d resultantly have more fan demand.

Hope I didn’t just jinx us by that advice.

Jim Puetz
12-09-2022, 12:11 AM
No jinx CAS. I already said on another thread that we are going to dominate the next three games, notwithstanding all of the injuries to All American players. I'm not afraid of any jinx because for the next three games we will be cheering, "We're the Mighty Bison, who the fuck are you!"

GreenfieldBison
12-09-2022, 12:25 AM
No jinx CAS. I already said on another thread that we are going to dominate the next three games, notwithstanding all of the injuries to All American players. I'm not afraid of any jinx because for the next three games we will be cheering, "We're the Mighty Bison, who the fuck are you!"

We should probably try to make that rhyme.

CAS4127
12-09-2022, 12:41 AM

2016: James Madison flew in on Wednesday, cocky and confident, with very little prep/practice, and beat us. I don’t like that history/memory.

Professor Chaos
12-09-2022, 01:09 AM
We should probably try to make that rhyme.
Just use the lost second verse of "Hail the Bison"

Bison once! Bison Twice! Holy jumping Jesus Christ
Co******er mo********er give the man a chew
We're the mighty Bison, who the fuck are you?!

GreenfieldBison
12-09-2022, 01:12 AM

Co******er mo*******er give the man a chew

I’m starting to get excited now

EC8CH
12-09-2022, 02:44 AM
2016: James Madison flew in on Wednesday, cocky and confident, with very little prep/practice, and beat us. I don’t like that history/memory.

JMU played defense though.

HerdThat!
12-09-2022, 02:56 AM
JMU played defense though.

If there was any silver lining in that result is that we stopped using that stupid Star Wars themed shit

Bison03
12-09-2022, 03:29 AM

Co******er mo********er give the man a chew
But do you know the third verse….

El_Chapo
12-09-2022, 03:39 AM
going UP and Down or over... has to do with the old timers LAYING A MAP DOWN ON THE TABLE.

you go up when you go north on the map

THE END.

now let's kick some Sam Ass.ASS.. every one would like to Kick Sam's ASS. tomorrow baby

scottietohottie
12-09-2022, 09:49 AM
going UP and Down or over... has to do with the old timers LAYING A MAP DOWN ON THE TABLE.

THE END.

now let's kick some Sam Ass.ASS.. every one would like to Kick Sam's ASS. tomorrow baby

North is up on teh navigation screen too eh.

Gully
12-09-2022, 12:28 PM
we do say you go "up North"

then again, I can see why someone living in mountain country would speak of going "up the mountain" or just "heading up"

cbline
12-09-2022, 12:42 PM
But do you know the third verse….

Does it start "Rat sh*t, bat sh*t . . . ?" Then yes, I know it

mtoutfitter
12-09-2022, 01:30 PM

THE END.

STFU Lakes! 2 people, who actually know what they're talking about, are having a discussion. You don't need to comment on EVERY thread.

GreenfieldBison
12-09-2022, 01:50 PM
North is up on teh navigation screen too eh.

Not on mine eh. Track Up baby!

El_Chapo
12-09-2022, 02:01 PM
well. time to start tailgating

looks like I have the entire sect 12 to myself for the 2nd straight game

scottietohottie
12-09-2022, 02:54 PM
STFU Lakes! 2 people, who actually know what they're talking about, are having a discussion. You don't need to comment on EVERY thread.

Everything is up to him eh. I'm still coming to terms with these mountains just being hills eh. Used to go up to Canada all the time eh. Now the world just stops 2.5 miles north of me eh. Can't go any farther eh.

DBRJake
12-09-2022, 05:37 PM

This is why I will never bring celebratory champagne and cigars to tailgating ever again.

Gully
12-09-2022, 06:20 PM
Does it start "Rat sh*t, bat sh*t . . . ?" Then yes, I know it

The funny thing is there are several versions. There are at least 3 that I know of.

DakotaOkie
12-09-2022, 06:25 PM
So THAT's why that section was empty!
well. time to start tailgating

looks like I have the entire sect 12 to myself for the 2nd straight game

El_Chapo
12-09-2022, 06:26 PM
any tickets sold 2day?

scbison91
12-09-2022, 06:37 PM
I think so. Section 34 is sold out

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

El_Chapo
12-09-2022, 06:55 PM
just open a corner door at start of game and let any students that show up without a ticket in there.

not 1 ticket sold in sections 12-7 since release wed 8am son of a bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

We warned you 2-3 years ago Stony Brook this was gonna happen. but you did nothing to move us up.