PDA

View Full Version : Montana 2nd Round Playoff Preview

Professor Chaos
11-27-2022, 04:20 PM
Well, this opponent should at least get the fans juiced up a little bit. Add that to the fact that it's the playoffs and I get the feeling there's going to be plenty of maroon and silver spread around the Fargodome should make it a fun one. Here's how they match up statistically:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52527278365_1892dff9da_z.jpg

I think the Bison match up fairly well with Montana on both sides. Montana's defense prior to that Montana St game had been stellar against the run but the Bobcats exposed them to tune of 439 rush yards at 6.8 yards per carry (and 39:39 of TOP for Montana St). Montana has a very aggressive defense so if the protection holds I think Cam can find some plays downfield as well. Offensively the Griz seem like more of a pass happy team - they went completely one-dimensional against SEMO last night but that probably had a lot to do with the lack of pass defense - which plays into the strength of the Bison defense.

The main concern I have is special teams... you can see from the numbers above that NDSU has not been good covering kickoffs this year and Malik Flowers is one of the best kick returners in the country. Hopefully Steindorf is able to boom a few (or all of them) into the endzone because I hate the little pop up kicks that give teams field position at the 35-40 yard line each time.

Kevin
11-27-2022, 07:17 PM
Prediction: Pain.

NDSU92
11-27-2022, 10:05 PM
I feel like we should run the ball

Hammerhead
11-28-2022, 12:22 AM
I don’t think SEMO ever changed the snap count and the Montana defense was getting a good jump every snap.

ndsubison1
11-28-2022, 01:07 AM
Hate to say it, but gonna take a lot more to get fans into it.

BisonHorns
11-28-2022, 03:23 AM
I don’t think SEMO ever changed the snap count and the Montana defense was getting a good jump every snap.

I definitely saw that.

NDSU92
11-28-2022, 05:11 AM

SEMO looked like it was their first game of the year

I guess in some ways it kinda was…

Professor Chaos
11-28-2022, 10:55 AM
Those of us who are there will be into it. That's the nice thing about the playoffs at least. A 12-14k playoff crowd has about the same impact as an 17-18k regular season crowd. Based on recent attendance trends I'd say they'd top out at about 13-14k tickets sold to Bison fans. We'll see how many of the Griz faithful make the trek since there will be plenty of tickets for them.

MankatoBison
11-28-2022, 01:33 PM
They could literally pull a fan from the stands and run HB dives to that fan for the entire game, and that fan may rack up 100yds. The fan would probably fumble alot and break bones, but wont get touched for 6 yds on every carry.

IDK what the score will be but if the bison dont get 300+ yds on the ground I will be astonished.

El_Chapo
11-28-2022, 01:51 PM

alot of NDSU fans have become way too educated on fcs football now. they know a dud when they see it.
Montana, then samford at the dome will produce 14,000 fans
however, the NDSU marketing team should be hitting bismarck/minot areas this week with the Montana Vibe (Hey you guys out west complain you can never get tickets during the season, well, here's your chance! expose more new people to NDSU , we need them.)

ndsubison1
11-28-2022, 02:09 PM
Bison open as 6.5 favorites with O/U of 50.5 on 5 Dimes.

https://madduxsports.com/college-football-lines.php

tony
11-28-2022, 02:12 PM
Those of us who are there will be into it. That's the nice thing about the playoffs at least. A 12-14k playoff crowd has about the same impact as an 17-18k regular season crowd. Based on recent attendance trends I'd say they'd top out at about 13-14k tickets sold to Bison fans. We'll see how many of the Griz faithful make the trek since there will be plenty of tickets for them.

Yeah, that's what I always thought. And it'd be a good time to get some first timers to go because playoff energy can be off the charts.

The folks who are in the "nothing attracts a crowd like a crowd" category are also first out the door during the game or during a bad season. They're like fondant on a cake or whip cream on a sundae (i.e. more isn't always more.)

Professor Chaos
11-28-2022, 02:25 PM
They could literally pull a fan from the stands and run HB dives to that fan for the entire game, and that fan may rack up 100yds. The fan would probably fumble alot and break bones, but wont get touched for 6 yds on every carry.

IDK what the score will be but if the bison dont get 300+ yds on the ground I will be astonished.
I think the Bison will be able to run on them but I'm not as confident as you in their ability to bulldoze the Griz D. Even after getting demolished by Montana St on the ground they're still only allowing 130 yards per game at 3.4 yards per carry on the season. They held both USD and Indiana St to fewer rush yards at a lower per carry average than the Bison defense did. I think the Bison will be able to run on the Griz D but I don't think they're going to be a swinging gate.

Snowgoose
11-28-2022, 02:38 PM
I think the Bison will be able to run on them but I'm not as confident as you in their ability to bulldoze the Griz D. Even after getting demolished by Montana St on the ground they're still only allowing 130 yards per game at 3.4 yards per carry on the season. They held both USD and Indiana St to fewer rush yards at a lower per carry average than the Bison defense did. I think the Bison will be able to run on the Griz D but I don't think they're going to be a swinging gate.

This Griz team is decent and we need to bring our A game. I am hoping to come this weekend so yes there will be some people at this game. 14K would be nice, but 16K would be better as it is Montana. Remember playoff ticket totals are always way different than regular season due to how the tickets are counted. Always fun to see and game and when you have a family sometimes making the trip from Bismarck is not always easy.

tony
11-28-2022, 02:43 PM

Montana plays fast and aggressively - "double twist blitzes" are their security blanket so I'm sure Roehl will have some stuff cooked up for that.

Their defense seems high-risk, high-reward so I'm not sure how many 14-play drives we'll be able to grind out.

On the whole, Montana reminds me of UND.

Professor Chaos
11-28-2022, 02:47 PM
This Griz team is decent and we need to bring our A game. I am hoping to come this weekend so yes there will be some people at this game. 14K would be nice, but 16K would be better as it is Montana. Remember playoff ticket totals are always way different than regular season due to how the tickets are counted. Always fun to see and game and when you have a family sometimes making the trip from Bismarck is not always easy.
Yeah, because of who they don't count (the band mainly I think) max reported attendance would be in the low 18k range. Attendance for this 2nd round playoff game over the years has been waning though:

2013 (Furman): 18,455
2014 (SDSU): 18,113
2015 (Montana): 18,232
2016 (San Diego): 18,305
2017 (San Diego): 18,067
2018 (Montana St): 17,007
2019 (Nicholls): 15,690
2021 (SIU): 12,557

cbline
11-28-2022, 02:47 PM
Montana plays fast and aggressively - "double twist blitzes" are their security blanket so I'm sure Roehl will have some stuff cooked up for that.

Their defense seems high-risk, high-reward so I'm not sure how many 14-play drives we'll be able to grind out.

On the whole, Montana reminds me of UND.

What reminds you? The smell?

NDSU92
11-28-2022, 03:12 PM
Yeah, because of who they don't count (the band mainly I think) max reported attendance would be in the low 18k range. Attendance for this 2nd round playoff game over the years has been waning though:

2013 (Furman): 18,455
2014 (SDSU): 18,113
2015 (Montana): 18,232
2016 (San Diego): 18,305
2017 (San Diego): 18,067
2018 (Montana St): 17,007
2019 (Nicholls): 15,690
2021 (SIU): 12,557

Man it would be great to get it back above 15k for this game. Sad to think about :(

As long as we keep winning, there'll be new teams coming to the dome so that should help stoke interest.

tony
11-28-2022, 03:49 PM
What reminds you? The smell?

Why would I insult Montana like that? :)

How many do you want? They had a 7-4 team record, have some good WRs, didn't beat anybody this year, run a 3-4, and they're the worst DI football team in their state.

The main difference is that Montana is a top ten all-time program in DI while UND peaked in a regionalized, post-scholarship-cut version of D2 (and they weren't even a top 10 program there.) No, scratch that, Montana's sole measure of success isn't beating the other DI program in their state.

TransAmBison
11-28-2022, 05:10 PM
On the whole, Montana reminds me of UND. Hopefully there is the proper Preparation for that.*

*So it feels good.

Schwarz04
11-28-2022, 06:05 PM
Any recent updates on Luepke’s status?

TAILG8R
11-28-2022, 06:10 PM

I hate the rumor mill but from what I understand he is done for the year. I will not say where I heard it from but it was told directly to me last week.

Kevin
11-28-2022, 06:18 PM
I hate the rumor mill but from what I understand he is done for the year. I will not say where I heard it from but they told me directly last week.

Did lakes tell you if he was planning on coming back next year?

TAILG8R
11-28-2022, 06:41 PM
Did lakes tell you if he was planning on coming back next year?

Unfortunately yes Lakes is planning on coming back next year.

;)

Professor Chaos
11-28-2022, 06:41 PM
Entz has his regular weekly presser at 2PM today so I'm sure he'll be asked. Guessing he won't say much but you never know. I'll be interested to hear about Eli Mostaert... I thought when he got hurt the recovery timeline was 10 weeks - this Saturday will be 12 weeks out from when he got injured.

Professor Chaos
11-28-2022, 07:52 PM
Didn't listen to the presser but the comments from @BisonReport's twitter feed (https://twitter.com/BisonReport) lead me to believe that Luepke, Mostaert, and Stoffel are all going to be out on Saturday.

“He’s been jogging around but it’s day to day right now” ME on Stoffel’s status for Saturday

“You’ll see a lot of different bodies there. You can see Logan Hofstedt, Hunter Brozio, Finn Diggins, Carson Williams.” ME on the crew that will help fill in at TE in Stoffel’s absence.

“Anticipate he won’t be available this weekend” ME on Luepke’s shoulder injury

“He’s running so that makes me happy” ME on Eli Mostaert. Also notes that he is not currently practicing, just running.

southcliffbison
11-28-2022, 09:42 PM
.......and this could all be coachspeak so that Hauck and Co. are persuaded that there's no need to prepare for Luepke's return. Classic deception. Have to love the word ME uses, "anticipate" .....that could mean many different things.

TAILG8R
11-28-2022, 10:14 PM
Montana's press conference
https://gogriz.com/watch/?Archive=4656&type=Archive

NDSU92
11-28-2022, 10:33 PM
Montana's press conference
https://gogriz.com/watch/?Archive=4656&type=Archive

Is he okay? That's some Cignetti/Farley level charisma he's giving off. He looks like someone just shot his dog. Is he always like that?

CAS4127
11-28-2022, 11:02 PM
.......and this could all be coachspeak so that Hauck and Co. are persuaded that there's no need to prepare for Luepke's return. Classic deception. Have to love the word ME uses, "anticipate" .....that could mean many different things.

He said Luepke is getting medical opinions/input from providers “outside our region”. My take is that Luepke is not effing around with his football/health future, and I don’t blame him for doing so.

I doubt ME is using “coach speak” relative to Luepke’s health and medical situation. He’d lose a significant amount of credibility if he is, both with press and fans. He’s not gonna do that.

bison22
11-28-2022, 11:32 PM
Is he okay? That's some Cignetti/Farley level charisma he's giving off. He looks like someone just shot his dog. Is he always like that?

Lol exactly. Should have kept Bob's Tits. This guy is a zombie

IndyBison
11-28-2022, 11:42 PM
He said Luepke is getting medical opinions/input from providers “outside our region”. My take is that Luepke is not effing around with his football/health future, and I don’t blame him for doing so.

I doubt ME is using “coach speak” relative to Luepke’s health and medical situation. He’d lose a significant amount of credibility if he is, both with press and fans. He’s not gonna do that.I'm thinking he has done enough to be considered for the draft even if he doesn't play in the senior bowls, etc. There is no reason to risk that any further if playing would be a risk. I'm sure he wants to play, but he needs to be smart and at least a little selfish. He's earned it.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

CAS4127
11-28-2022, 11:46 PM
I'm thinking he has done enough to be considered for the draft even if he doesn't play in the senior bowls, etc. There is no reason to risk that any further if playing would be a risk. I'm sure he wants to play, but he needs to be smart and at least a little selfish. He's earned it.

Agreed. And I don’t always with you! :)

He has to pass a physical after being drafted and or FA signed after all.

GreenfieldBison
11-29-2022, 12:11 AM
Agreed. And I don’t always with you! :)

He has to pass a physical after being drafted and or FA signed after all.

Yeah I think we have seen the last of Hunter in a Bison uniform. Lamentable for us fans and perhaps even for him but he needs to be mindful of his fiuture. Whatever that is I wish him the very best. I hope he can at least be as good a cheerleader as me during this playoff endeavor.

El_Chapo
11-29-2022, 12:23 AM
I hate the rumor mill but from what I understand he is done for the year. I will not say where I heard it from but it was told directly to me last week.

It'll be the same thing as Christian Watson last year,(But some of you whined about him doing that hmmmmm) won't play at all until we get to Frisco and even then could be a 50/50.

but HE COULD PLAY if he wanted at any point

CAS4127
11-29-2022, 12:28 AM
It'll be the same thing as Christian Watson last year,(But some of you whined about him doing that hmmmmm) won't play at all until we get to Frisco and even then could be a 50/50.

but HE COULD PLAY if he wanted at any point

Good God—>can you just STFU at any point in your life? Srsly!! It’s not all about you!!

Sun Bison
11-29-2022, 02:35 AM
I don't have a good feeling about this game. Feels like Montana is going to leave it all out on the field, not thinking about the next game. NDSU players should too, but when you have had as much success as NDSU has in the playoffs, it's hard not to think about "saving" some for the next week. Kind of a classic trap game scenario.

TAILG8R
11-29-2022, 02:39 AM
I don't have a good feeling about this game. Feels like Montana is going to leave it all out on the field, not thinking about the next game. NDSU players should too, but when you have had as much success as NDSU has in the playoffs, it's hard not to think about "saving" some for the next week. Kind of a classic trap game scenario.

Funny as of right now I think Bison win by 17+.

It’s playoff time in the dome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SDbison
11-29-2022, 03:31 AM
I don't have a good feeling about this game. Feels like Montana is going to leave it all out on the field, not thinking about the next game. NDSU players should too, but when you have had as much success as NDSU has in the playoffs, it's hard not to think about "saving" some for the next week. Kind of a classic trap game scenario. I agree this game could be trouble for this Bison team. Lots of struggles this past year compared to the past 10 years. Lots of injuries, lots of departures, lots of inconsistency. Montana is not going to lie down and quit. Bison need to play all 4 quarters to win this one.

tony
11-29-2022, 01:19 PM
I agree this game could be trouble for this Bison team. Lots of struggles this past year compared to the past 10 years. Lots of injuries, lots of departures, lots of inconsistency. Montana is not going to lie down and quit. Bison need to play all 4 quarters to win this one.

NDSU has taken a lot of hits this year, that's for sure. I'm not sure any other team in the FCS could weather losing any two players as good as Mason Miller, Hunter Luepke, Noah Gindorff, Eli Mostaert, Jalen Sundell, etc. Yet, somehow this team is playing some very good ball.

Montana never gives up so this is going to be a four quarter game that will really test NDSU's depth.

B.Schlossman Fan Club
11-29-2022, 05:02 PM
I agree this game could be trouble for this Bison team. Lots of struggles this past year compared to the past 10 years. Lots of injuries, lots of departures, lots of inconsistency. Montana is not going to lie down and quit. Bison need to play all 4 quarters to win this one.

We cant let their QB sit back there for long and let their pass plays develop downfield. If we can bring pressure and they cannot hurt us deep I think this will be a long day for the Griz! They suck running so they can only really hurt us in the passing game.

CAS4127
11-29-2022, 05:28 PM
We can let their QB sit back there for long and let their pass plays develop downfield. If we can bring pressure and they cannot hurt us deep I think this will be a long day for the Griz! They suck running so they can only really hurt us in the passing game.

If Hauck reads enough AZ pre-game info. and watches AZ game, he’s likely to tell QB Johnson to tuck and run more, something he appeared hesitant to do in SEMO game. If MT is gonna leave it all on the field for this game, that’s what I’d do if I was Hauck.

EC8CH
11-29-2022, 05:56 PM
If Hauck reads enough AZ pre-game info. and watches AZ game, he’s likely to tell QB Johnson to tuck and run more, something he appeared hesitant to do in SEMO game. If MT is gonna leave it all on the field for this game, that’s what I’d do if I was Hauck.

#31 is playing for NDSU now. I'd spy their QB with him.

Professor Chaos
11-29-2022, 05:57 PM
At least once I noticed Johnson look very gimpy after a scramble against SEMO. He was on the sideline in crutches less than 3 weeks ago at the end of their game on 11/12 with EWU. I don't think he's healthy by a long shot and tucking it a bunch of times against a playoff juiced Bison defense probably would mean he doesn't finish the game. Their new backup (#8 - Britt) has looked decent in limited action this year but I don't think they have much of a shot without Johnson. Earlier in the year when Johnson was injured he was replaced by Kris Brown who has now been demoted to 3rd string it appears.

NDSU92
11-29-2022, 10:27 PM
At least once I noticed Johnson look very gimpy after a scramble against SEMO. He was on the sideline in crutches less than 3 weeks ago at the end of their game on 11/12 with EWU. I don't think he's healthy by a long shot and tucking it a bunch of times against a playoff juiced Bison defense probably would mean he doesn't finish the game. Their new backup (#8 - Britt) has looked decent in limited action this year but I don't think they have much of a shot without Johnson. Earlier in the year when Johnson was injured he was replaced by Kris Brown who has now been demoted to 3rd string it appears.

Chaos does it again, my thoughts exactly. Montana kinda jekyl and Hyde team. And a lot of it revolves around whether the offense can cover for the defense. I think Montana runs out of gas because of lack of offense. Their defense can’t handle getting crushed in TOP.

tojo70
11-29-2022, 11:30 PM
I'll be there. Going to be looking for 1 ticket.

mtoutfitter
11-30-2022, 12:34 AM
I have a feeling their run defense will be improved, not saying the Bison can't run on them but the Bison run game is a different scheme than what the Cats used to shred them.

TAILG8R
11-30-2022, 02:03 AM
I have a feeling their run defense will be improved, not saying the Bison can't run on them but the Bison run game is a different scheme than what the Cats used to shred them.

Sounds like it’s a it high risk high reward with their d scheme. If they guess right or hit the right gap and get you behind schedule they are successful. If not watch out.

I predict some running into a brick wall with long break away TD runs sprinkled in.

Bison03
11-30-2022, 02:54 AM
Just look at the Montana St game. The Cats ran through them like a wet paper bag. I see them being very similar to und, and expect a similar result.

sage
11-30-2022, 03:04 AM
Just look at the Montana St game. The Cats ran through them like a wet paper bag. I see them being very similar to und, and expect a similar result.

I sure hope you are right!!! Go Bison

bstark28
11-30-2022, 02:27 PM
Just looked at GoBison.com....there has to be at least 8k-9k tickets still available for Saturday's game. So much for a "big name" FCS opponent coming in to draw the public interest and create the home-field advantage. Hopefully people start picking some up or we'll be looking a half-full Dome, compared to the 18k+ we had at home the last time Montana came to Fargo in the playoffs back in 2015.

El_Chapo
11-30-2022, 02:34 PM
it's so sad. thanks Matt Larson & NDSU admin! you missed the window.
every NDSU fan is educated on the pud of fcs now unfortunately

Mr Meaty
11-30-2022, 02:34 PM
Just looked at GoBison.com....there has to be at least 8k-9k tickets still available for Saturday's game. So much for a "big name" FCS opponent coming in to draw the public interest and create the home-field advantage. Hopefully people start picking some up or we'll be looking a half-full Dome, compared to the 18k+ we had at home the last time Montana came to Fargo in the playoffs back in 2015.

Unclaimed season tickets got made available today. But still that is a lot of seats for this game. ouch

NDSU92
11-30-2022, 02:42 PM
Yeah, I'd say give it some time. But woof, this should be a pretty exciting playoff draw. Likely only this game and Samford for home playoff games.

shorthairsrus
11-30-2022, 02:46 PM
it's so sad. thanks Matt Larson & NDSU admin! you missed the window.
every NDSU fan is educated on the pud of fcs now unfortunately

10.5 million shortfall news today --- Cook has to get his head out of the box. If its not fixed it will drag down the sports too. Its time to merge/close every ND school into one. One FBS team - i dont care what you want to name the university - as long as it stays with the name : da BISON!!!!!!

ByeSonBusiness
11-30-2022, 02:50 PM
10.5 million shortfall news today --- Cook has to get his head out of the box. If its not fixed it will drag down the sports too. Its time to merge/close every ND school into one. One FBS team - i dont care what you want to name the university - as long as it stays with the name : da BISON!!!!!!

I wish you luck in your crusade to amend the state constitution

Hammerhead
11-30-2022, 03:03 PM
The ticketing page crashed again at 8:00 AM and now I have two pairs of tickets since I didn't see the email confirming my first purchase at 8:02. :(

B.Schlossman Fan Club
11-30-2022, 03:51 PM

I don’t think their QB will hold up to the beating if he runs too much. Get to him early and fast! Their WRs can hurt us if we give them a chance.

El_Chapo
11-30-2022, 03:53 PM
The ticketing page crashed again at 8:00 AM and now I have two pairs of tickets since I didn't see the email confirming my first purchase at 8:02. :(

same happened to me! HA cluster F probably crashing for people trying to buy them for 1st time. bravo ndsu admin

Professor Chaos
11-30-2022, 03:57 PM

same happened to me! HA cluster F probably crashing for people trying to buy them for 1st time. bravo ndsu admin
I got right through at 8AM and got 4 extras. :innocent:

tony
11-30-2022, 04:28 PM
I don’t think their QB will hold up to the beating if he runs too much. Get to him early and fast! Their WRs can hurt us if we give them a chance.

I wonder if they'll run that option play they showed against SEMO.

That'd be a good way to get the Heagled.

Hammerhead
11-30-2022, 04:29 PM
I got right through at 8AM and got 4 extras. :innocent:

I entered the credit card info and then normally where you see a confirmation page there was some kind of error about the site refusing connections. I then used a different browser about an hour later with no issues and noticed that I did get an email confirmation at 8:02 and still can't get into the ticketing page using Chrome to see my tickets on my gobison.com account.

CAS4127
11-30-2022, 04:43 PM

Had some family members call me about tickets this morning. Said they went to Website to get tickets and it was saying none were available.

Y doesn’t NDSU put up for sale non-season holder tickets right away and also ensure it’s website is capable of handling a large, simultaneous influx of online purchasers when non-purchased season tickets are made available? I thinking many won’t be as persistent as I told my family members to be.

MankatoBison
11-30-2022, 04:43 PM

I defend you as much as anyone on this site but I draw the line at "there are probably TONS of first time tix being sold for this underwhelming matchup because NDSU tweeted that there are tickets available on social media"

No one. Show me the person who has never been to a Bison game, who could have gotten tickets to nearly any game over the past 3 seasons, at the ticket window 10 mins before the game, who is suddenly become excited by the thought of playing a Montana team who is 1-4 in their last 5 games.

Also, this is a great graphic for FCSForever rubes to try and defend the idea of how ExCiTiNg the FCS playoffs are. who would want to miSs oUt oN tHiS?!?!?!1! There are literally dozens of people trying to get tickets for this clash of FCS TITANS. in 2015 I paid 90$ a ticket for this matchup, and now I'm scoffing at $41 for endzone seats

semobison
11-30-2022, 04:44 PM

Got two tickets in Section 18 row W this morning. Prime Seats!

GreenfieldBison
11-30-2022, 05:26 PM
Had some family members call me about tickets this morning. Said they went to Website to get tickets and it was saying none were available.

Y doesn’t NDSU put up for sale non-season holder tickets right away and also ensure it’s website is capable of handling a large, simultaneous influx of online purchasers when non-purchased season tickets are made available? I thinking many won’t be as persistent as I told my family members to be.

Perhaps T. Swift and Ticketmaster could offer some assistance to NDSU in this matter.

EC8CH
11-30-2022, 05:54 PM
That's a lot of open seats. Would have thought Montana would draw more interest. Might as well be San Diego again.

semobison
11-30-2022, 06:34 PM
That's a lot of open seats. Would have thought Montana would draw more interest. Might as well be San Diego again.

If your smart and want good seats, you wait till today to purchase. Lots of season ticket holders not claiming their seats!

NDSUBowler
11-30-2022, 06:35 PM
I don't mind that the games don't sell out.

My season tickets are high and in corner, so this gives me the opportunity to not purchase them and instead get much better seats every week.

13k 15k 18k it's still loud in playoffs and a good time. People should stop worrying so much and enjoy it. If blue seats lessen your excitement for the game, then that's more on you.

bruinbison
11-30-2022, 06:50 PM

Good seats eh???
I’m a few rows lower,

P. S. Don’t tell Mankato they are only $46 each :nod:

Professor Chaos
11-30-2022, 07:17 PM
Sign of the times... there's multiple factors but there's no denying that the fan base is bored. They only had a reported attendance of 12,557 for the 2nd round game vs SIU last year. FWIW, they should improve on that this year but it'll probably never get back to the 18k it used to be for this first playoff game from 2012-2016 or so.

I quit caring all that much around the end of 2018 - it is what it is. Those of us who will be there will be ready to make an impact and I'll take a playoff crowd of 12k over a regular season crowd of 18k any day.

MankatoBison
11-30-2022, 07:30 PM
We've come full circle on the Bison fatigue issue

At First the FCS forever rubes said it wasnt happening at all- we were simply imagining it

Then it might have been happening a LITTLE, but thats just proof we should never consider FBS

And then it was happening, but akshully the only reason no one wants to see Roast Beef State in the playoffs was because of Covid and nothing else

Now they can finally admit its happening but its akshully GOOD because if you dont like seeing blue seats it means youre a bad fan, and we should be happy about blue seats because it allows us DEDICATED fans to sit closer to the field.

Its alright guys, you can just say it- Bison Fatigue is real. Its real in the sense that our fan base is, by and large, sick of piss pounding teams with 1/3 the talent, 1/5 the budget and 1/10 of the fan base. I wont hold it against you for changing your mind. Its never too late to embrace reality.

Hammerhead
11-30-2022, 07:30 PM

Both pairs of the tickets I got at 8:02 and 9:08 AM are also in section 18 row S. Probably the best seats I've ever had at a Bison game except for one time when a neighbor let me use two tickets from their season ticket allotment for a regular season game.

NDSU92
11-30-2022, 08:24 PM
Think it was a cat fan that mentioned it but man Robby Hauck (kid's son) jumps on piles super late and hits people already on the ground. I've seen 3 plays on one drive that were questionable late hits. Couple of them honestly could've been targeting. Puts his shoulder right into the helmet of the RB who's already down.

Defense is undisciplined. Lots of celebrating incomplete passes, aforementioned late hits/chippyness, jumping around all wild, etc.

Man I have to think there's the opportunity to bust some big plays on Saturday.

NDSUBowler
11-30-2022, 08:31 PM
We've come full circle on the Bison fatigue issue

At First the FCS forever rubes said it wasnt happening at all- we were simply imagining it

Then it might have been happening a LITTLE, but thats just proof we should never consider FBS

And then it was happening, but akshully the only reason no one wants to see Roast Beef State in the playoffs was because of Covid and nothing else

Now they can finally admit its happening but its akshully GOOD because if you dont like seeing blue seats it means youre a bad fan, and we should be happy about blue seats because it allows us DEDICATED fans to sit closer to the field.

Its alright guys, you can just say it- Bison Fatigue is real. Its real in the sense that our fan base is, by and large, sick of piss pounding teams with 1/3 the talent, 1/5 the budget and 1/10 of the fan base. I wont hold it against you for changing your mind. Its never too late to embrace reality.
See here you go with that straw man thing again...you have been so good at avoiding it lately!

Straw Man #1: I doubt there is anyone, both pro-fbs-now and pro-wait-and-see, that thinks there is no fan fatigue setting in. Folks are allowed to say that there are many reasons that have helped accelerate the fatigue without you latching on and forcing the notion that they are saying those are the ONLY reasons.

And since you are specifically calling my post out in bolded line, I feel I can adequately address this.
Straw Man #2: "If you don't like seeing blue seats you're a bad fan" what on earth is this weird jump in logic? Fandom was never called into question here so it's pretty telling that is your takeaway.
Straw Man #3: Nowhere did I say it's GOOD that games don't sell out. I long for the days where an NDSU ticket is a hot commodity. I said from a personal enjoyment standpoint...again, KEY WORD is personal...I love the opportunity to sit lower so if fans are apathetic, a silver lining is I am not stuck in the nosebleeds. If you think that is somehow me saying "I WANT EMPTY STADIUMS" you are weird.

So sorry I am not allowed to find even ONE benefit in less demand! I sure better not add the other benefits of "well if there are less people there at least the fkin cell service will work better!" and "maybe the lines will go quicker this time to get in". Am I allowed to be ok with consolation prizes?

You are a weird dude for creating this imaginary enemy in "fcs forever" and all the straw men that consist of the fcs forever army.

Hammerhead
11-30-2022, 09:22 PM
I noticed that too in the portions of the game I watched. It seemed like most of his hits were putting a shoulder into a player who was already down. The Bison have been celebrating big plays on both sides of the ball more than they used to. Maybe that's just how kids play now...

Think it was a cat fan that mentioned it but man Robby Hauck (kid's son) jumps on piles super late and hits people already on the ground. I've seen 3 plays on one drive that were questionable late hits. Couple of them honestly could've been targeting. Puts his shoulder right into the helmet of the RB who's already down.

Defense is undisciplined. Lots of celebrating incomplete passes, aforementioned late hits/chippyness, jumping around all wild, etc.

Man I have to think there's the opportunity to bust some big plays on Saturday.

cats2506
11-30-2022, 09:41 PM
I noticed that too in the portions of the game I watched. It seemed like most of his hits were putting a shoulder into a player who was already down. The Bison have been celebrating big plays on both sides of the ball more than they used to. Maybe that's just how kids play now...

Have no problem with celebrating a good play, Hauck is a punk, dirty player.

IndyBison
11-30-2022, 10:05 PM
I don't mind that the games don't sell out.

My season tickets are high and in corner, so this gives me the opportunity to not purchase them and instead get much better seats every week.

13k 15k 18k it's still loud in playoffs and a good time. People should stop worrying so much and enjoy it. If blue seats lessen your excitement for the game, then that's more on you.There are some people who base their personal self worth on bragging about how dominant their sports teams are and how they sell out every game immediately. When that was happening, they got to talk smack to anyone. Now that is not happening their friends are calling them on it and they can't stand it.

That's why I've enjoyed and appreciated what they've done. The athletic department should take note of the lower attendance and do what they can to maximize it, but there is only so much they can control. They have a good a chance a anyone to win the championship this year, but there is no guarantee they'll do it. I hope they do. But if they don't I'll still get up the next day and move on with my life. And be a proud NDSU alum.

NDSU92
11-30-2022, 10:05 PM

Celebrating a big play is one thing. Celebrating after every mundane play is something else.

I counted 6 defenders doing the "incomplete pass" celebration on a dropped swing pass on 2nd down. Against Southeast Missouri State. Down by 14 (soon to be 21). At home.

I love seeing other teams doing stuff like that though, not championship football

NDSU92
11-30-2022, 10:11 PM
There are some people who base their personal self worth on bragging about how dominant their sports teams are and how they sell out every game immediately. When that was happening, they got to talk smack to anyone. Now that is not happening their friends are calling them on it and they can't stand it.

That's why I've enjoyed and appreciated what they've done. The athletic department should take note of the lower attendance and do what they can to maximize it, but there is only so much they can control. They have a good a chance a anyone to win the championship this year, but there is no guarantee they'll do it. I hope they do. But if they don't I'll still get up the next day and move on with my life. And be a proud NDSU alum.

I don't think for most it's about being able to brag about how many people are in our stadium. I think it's people realizing that one of the best parts of NDSU is our fan base and our gameday experience. A lot of people are sad to see that leaving.

You may not have been aiming that barb at everyone that complains about attendance, but it came off as saying people who are frustrated about attendance have personal issues.

El_Chapo
11-30-2022, 11:47 PM
NDSU not doing $20 tickets for this game is complete arrogance.

Sect 12 Sect 24 Sect 7-10 up top ALL should be $20 and you market them for a quick sale to family of 4.

$100 = 4 tickets & $20 in food vouchers

so once again my marketing mind > stony brook staff

Hammerhead
12-01-2022, 12:49 AM
I don’t think the NCAA allows host schools to lower ticket prices for the playoffs.

IndyBison
12-01-2022, 01:04 AM
I don't think for most it's about being able to brag about how many people are in our stadium. I think it's people realizing that one of the best parts of NDSU is our fan base and our gameday experience. A lot of people are sad to see that leaving.

You may not have been aiming that barb at everyone that complains about attendance, but it came off as saying people who are frustrated about attendance have personal issues.Mostly targeted at one person. It's really sad how much that person seems to base their self-worth on the success of NDSU athletics. It's perfectly logical to want to see the Bison move to FBS. It would be nice to see the dome full on Saturday and the athletic department should be looking into things to make it more appealing. The AD should constantly be looking at the success abs direction of the basketball coach. But to lose your mind over those things if they don't go how you want them to go is not healthy.

Professor Chaos
12-01-2022, 01:21 AM
Celebrating a big play is one thing. Celebrating after every mundane play is something else.

I counted 6 defenders doing the "incomplete pass" celebration on a dropped swing pass on 2nd down. Against Southeast Missouri State. Down by 14 (soon to be 21). At home.

I love seeing other teams doing stuff like that though, not championship football
Kinda like a certain team's backup QB giving the horns down to the NDSU student section after scoring a TD when his team was still down 15 points?

...not to name names or anything...

Professor Chaos
12-01-2022, 01:27 AM
I don’t think the NCAA allows host schools to lower ticket prices for the playoffs.
https://i.imgur.com/rv3QOze.gif

bstark28
12-01-2022, 04:25 PM
Just out of pure curiosity, I pulled up the ticket site for the Jacks this morning. We think the lack of purchased tickets for our game is bad....it's worse in Brookings. #1 seed and you can still get first/second row tickets on the 50 for a whopping $25 - $30.

BigLakeBison
12-01-2022, 04:47 PM
Just out of pure curiosity, I pulled up the ticket site for the Jacks this morning. We think the lack of purchased tickets for our game is bad....it's worse in Brookings. #1 seed and you can still get first/second row tickets on the 50 for a whopping $25 - $30.

I'm not opposed to making fun of the Jacks but context is key. They are on an upward trend in ticket sales and attendance overall. They are ascending toward their peak and the trends seem to show that we are on the descent from ours. That's only a comment on attendance, ticket sales, etc. The product on the field is an entirely different animal that speaks for itself. Given context, I think SDSU should be very pleased with the upward trajectory of their attendance and investment in the program. I'm originally from the Watertown SD area and have lots of family who still live there. The amount of people who are getting involved with SDSU athletics is night and day different from 10 years ago. They are starting to build the fanbase infrastructure that NDSU has had for a while now.

southcliffbison
12-01-2022, 04:49 PM

This indicates that sdsu should fill rows 1 and 2 with fans........oh, wait, high temp for Saturday in Brookings is forecasted to be 30; make that the first 3 rows.

bstark28
12-01-2022, 05:21 PM
I'm not opposed to making fun of the Jacks but context is key. They are on an upward trend in ticket sales and attendance overall. They are ascending toward their peak and the trends seem to show that we are on the descent from ours. That's only a comment on attendance, ticket sales, etc. The product on the field is an entirely different animal that speaks for itself. Given context, I think SDSU should be very pleased with the upward trajectory of their attendance and investment in the program. I'm originally from the Watertown SD area and have lots of family who still live there. The amount of people who are getting involved with SDSU athletics is night and day different from 10 years ago. They are starting to build the fanbase infrastructure that NDSU has had for a while now.

That all very well may be true; however, I was speaking specifically about tickets purchased for this weekend's game, in comparison to the lack of ticket sales for our game. Regardless of whatever "upward trend" they may be seeing, that doesn't appear to be the case for ticket sales for their game Saturday against Delaware.

tony
12-01-2022, 05:38 PM
Hopefully we win so we get a Quarterfinal preview thread.

If that happens, I'm going to moderate the snot out of it.

Anyway, one thing I hope to see in this game is more pre-snap/offside penalties on Montana than on NDSU. NDSU absolutely cannot get off schedule on drives.

MankatoBison
12-01-2022, 05:43 PM
See here you go with that straw man thing again...you have been so good at avoiding it lately!

Straw Man #1: I doubt there is anyone, both pro-fbs-now and pro-wait-and-see, that thinks there is no fan fatigue setting in.
Straw Man #2: "If you don't like seeing blue seats you're a bad fan" what on earth is this weird jump in logic? Fandom was never called into question here so it's pretty telling that is your takeaway.
Straw Man #3: Nowhere did I say it's GOOD that games don't sell out. I long for the days where an NDSU ticket is a hot commodity. I said from a personal enjoyment standpoint...again, KEY WORD is personal...I love the opportunity to sit lower so if fans are apathetic, a silver lining is I am not stuck in the nosebleeds. If you think that is somehow me saying "I WANT EMPTY STADIUMS"

You are a weird dude for creating this imaginary enemy in "fcs forever" and all the straw men that consist of the fcs forever army.

"I don't mind that the games don't sell out.
13k 15k 18k it's still loud in playoffs and a good time. People should stop worrying so much and enjoy it. If blue seats lessen your excitement for the game, then that's more on you.

Strawman??? You literally said it lol! "nO oNe is sAyInG tHiS!.. well except me, of course..."

The Bison Fatigue thread is rife with Flat earther style Bison Fatigue deniers who suggest that level of competition has nearly nothing to do with empty seats, yourself among them. pretending The bison Fatigue thread is a circle jerk of us all agreeing about Fan apathy is revisionist history of the highest order.

But youre right we should just "stop worrying so much" about empty seats and "just enjoy" empty seats, because if youre "less excited" about empty seats, then that's a personal issue. Makes sense

NDSU92
12-01-2022, 05:56 PM

Strawman??? You literally said it lol! "nO oNe is sAyInG tHiS!.. well except me, of course..."

The Bison Fatigue thread is rife with Flat earther style Bison Fatigue deniers who suggest that level of competition has nearly nothing to do with empty seats, yourself among them. pretending The bison Fatigue thread is a circle jerk of us all agreeing about Fan apathy is revisionist history of the highest order.

But youre right we should just "stop worrying so much" about empty seats and "just enjoy" empty seats, because if youre "less excited" about empty seats, then that's a personal issue. Makes sense

dude are you going to be okay?

Minimum8Pete
12-01-2022, 06:07 PM
There are some people who base their personal self worth on bragging about how dominant their sports teams are and how they sell out every game immediately. When that was happening, they got to talk smack to anyone. Now that is not happening their friends are calling them on it and they can't stand it.

wait did you just suggest fans who dont like empty seats or are proud of their team have something wrong with them? cuz i dont know how else to read that ha. Kato bully you in elementary school or something? steal your girl? your dog like him more?

NDSUBowler
12-01-2022, 06:09 PM

Buddy, relax, it will all be ok.

I said I don't mind it from a personal standpoint because I get to be closer to the action. That is the consolation prize part I mentioned, which you conveniently cut out of my reply you quoted!

Let me try and simplify it for your burdened mind: NDSU selling out is good, fatigue is real but it at least allows me to sit closer to the action which is a nice consolation that I do not mind. I'm screaming the same whether there are 13k people or 19k people.

And YOU are the one that made the logical jump to imply when I said "then that's more on you" that I meant "you're a bad fan". It really just means its more a personal problem that it upsets people so much, not that any fan is bad because they are unhappy it isn't sold out.

Be Better, Bro.

NDSUBowler
12-01-2022, 06:13 PM
wait did you just suggest fans who dont like empty seats or are proud of their team have something wrong with them? cuz i dont know how else to read that ha. Kato bully you in elementary school or something? steal your girl? your dog like him more?

You and Mankato have some weird ways to think about things!

Pretty sure Indy was just saying some people, for whatever reason right or wrong, hitch their wagon to "NDSU is the best because we have the best fans who sell every game out" and now that it isn't true, its hard when others come to them and now say "soooooo you aren't the best anymore"?

I don't know how much I agree or disagree with that, but it certainly wasn't looking like Indy suggested fans have something WRONG with them. It's very weird both you and Mankato have now made that jump...are you two ok?

BigLakeBison
12-01-2022, 06:48 PM
That all very well may be true; however, I was speaking specifically about tickets purchased for this weekend's game, in comparison to the lack of ticket sales for our game. Regardless of whatever "upward trend" they may be seeing, that doesn't appear to be the case for ticket sales for their game Saturday against Delaware.

SDSU's last two home playoff games had the following attendance:

2019 vs. UNI (2nd Round): 4102
2021 vs. UC Davis (1st Round): 3681

From what I'm hearing from SDSU fans they are anticipating/hoping that their playoff game this weekend will have a similar attendance to the last home game against Ill St. which was 8160. That's a fairly significant increase from their past two home playoff games. Their highest attended home game in playoff history is 7500 against UNI back in 2017. So if they can hit 8000 fans this weekend that would be an improvement over previous. If they had numerous previous playoff games with 18K in attendance and now they were struggling to hit 8000 I agree that would and should be alarming for them. Given the fact that they have had very low playoff attendance previously, if they get 8K this weekend I'm sure they would be excited about the growth. NDSU is still ahead of SDSU in a number of football program related categories. However, they are closing the gap on the field and they have lots of possible growth before they hit their ceiling. NDSU on the other hand is trending down in some categories. Will that affect the on field performance? Yet to be determined. But if I'm in a leadership role at NDSU I would be very concerned about the potential that seems to be being tapped into in Brookings. If they can keep growing their fanbase and donor infrastructure they are definitely going to have some real advantages in terms of budgets and spending. Especially if NDSU continues to trend downward.

I would also add that this is the first year that SDSU beat NDSU and didn't shit the bed in another game to move them down the seed lines. They are the #1 and will get 3 home games if they keep winning. As our program has seen, having those extra home games can directly impact revenue for the program but it also has a huge indirect impact in the community. As that excitement builds it draws in more corporate sponsorship because they see the financial impact it has in the community. Winning begets winning and I don't think it would be wise to let SDSU get on any kind of roll here.

cbline
12-01-2022, 07:01 PM
SDSU's last two home playoff games had the following attendance:

2019 vs. UNI (2nd Round): 4102
2021 vs. UC Davis (1st Round): 3681

From what I'm hearing from SDSU fans they are anticipating/hoping that their playoff game this weekend will have a similar attendance to the last home game against Ill St. which was 8160. That's a fairly significant increase from their past two home playoff games. Their highest attended home game in playoff history is 7500 against UNI back in 2017. So if they can hit 8000 fans this weekend that would be an improvement over previous. If they had numerous previous playoff games with 18K in attendance and now they were struggling to hit 8000 I agree that would and should be alarming for them. Given the fact that they have had very low playoff attendance previously, if they get 8K this weekend I'm sure they would be excited about the growth. NDSU is still ahead of SDSU in a number of football program related categories. However, they are closing the gap on the field and they have lots of possible growth before they hit their ceiling. NDSU on the other hand is trending down in some categories. Will that affect the on field performance? Yet to be determined. But if I'm in a leadership role at NDSU I would be very concerned about the potential that seems to be being tapped into in Brookings. If they can keep growing their fanbase and donor infrastructure they are definitely going to have some real advantages in terms of budgets and spending. Especially if NDSU continues to trend downward.

Open the gates to the North Dakota Legacy Fund! Release the Kraken! :)

Hammerhead
12-01-2022, 07:08 PM
Our seats this week are on the 50 yard line in row S which is much better than sitting in the end zone above AA or down so low you can't tell what's happening more than 40 yards away.

I said I don't mind it from a personal standpoint because I get to be closer to the action. That is the consolation prize part I mentioned, which you conveniently cut out of my reply you quoted!

Let me try and simplify it for your burdened mind: NDSU selling out is good, fatigue is real but it at least allows me to sit closer to the action which is a nice consolation that I do not mind. I'm screaming the same whether there are 13k people or 19k people.

And YOU are the one that made the logical jump to imply when I said "then that's more on you" that I meant "you're a bad fan". It really just means its more a personal problem that it upsets people so much, not that any fan is bad because they are unhappy it isn't sold out.

Be Better, Bro.

WhoRepsTheLurker
12-01-2022, 08:47 PM
I wish you luck in your crusade to amend the state constitution

Wrong thread, I know, but since it came up, I believe that Hagerott himself recently said that the constitution only requires that the physical campuses persist in their current locations. It says nothing about who runs them or from where. In theory a single U could be created with the stroke of a pen, but we all know it won’t be that easy …

Shorthairs has the D1 athletics part right, though. That’s the buzz I’m hearing anyways …

But back to the game, really looking forward to it. Hard to focus TBH. This will be my first playoff run with seats in the dome

Go Bison!!!

El_Chapo
12-02-2022, 03:22 AM
well I'll be front row I guess. why not. f the griZ

El_Chapo
12-02-2022, 04:27 AM
Dr Cook and entz. thought you were splitting ndsu student tickets

REMINDER | All SDSU students will receive complimentary admittance into all home playoff

@GoJacksFB

games this season, courtesy of SDSU President Barry Dunn!

tony
12-02-2022, 01:24 PM
Have no problem with celebrating a good play, Hauck is a punk, dirty player.

It took only three plays to see Hauck launch himself at a player on the ground.

And I like how he doesn't ever give up on a play. Even if another player is in the end zone. And the whistle has blown.

El_Chapo
12-02-2022, 01:44 PM

And I like how he doesn't ever give up on a play. Even if another player is in the end zone. And the whistle has blown.

ooohhhh. tony throwing SHADE....

southcliffbison
12-02-2022, 02:48 PM

Thankfully, neither Big Sky nor MVFC officials will be working this game. Makes me curious what conference got assigned this game. For officials, there are pluses and minuses not knowing any of the teams or their players. However, during the pre-game conference crews have hours before the game, team tendencies, style of play and players who might cause issues are talked about. Perhaps Indybison could expand on this. For the Bison, no stupid personal foul unsportsmanlike conduct penalties , please.

Mr Pep Band
12-02-2022, 02:55 PM
Thankfully, neither Big Sky nor MVFC officials will be working this game. Makes me curious what conference got assigned this game. For officials, there are pluses and minuses not knowing any of the teams or their players. However, during the pre-game conference crews have hours before the game, team tendencies, style of play and players who might cause issues are talked about. Perhaps Indybison could expand on this. For the Bison, no stupid personal foul unsportsmanlike conduct penalties , please.

Agreed there. Need to play sound and solid football with no extra BS from anyone. Sounds like playoff football. Lets get down to business!

Minimum8Pete
12-02-2022, 02:59 PM

Be Better, Bro.

Nappa, the level of gaslighting... its... its over 9000! iykyk

NDGooch
12-02-2022, 04:18 PM
Does anyone know if they have the entrance on the North side of the dome open for Bison games? I have an event and I will be getting there close to kick off. Would like to go to the shortest line possible to get in.

EC8CH
12-02-2022, 04:25 PM
Does anyone know if they have the entrance on the North side of the dome open for Bison games? I have an event and I will be getting there close to kick off. Would like to go to the shortest line possible to get in.

yes. north entrance is open. use it all the time.

IndyBison
12-02-2022, 04:30 PM
Thankfully, neither Big Sky nor MVFC officials will be working this game. Makes me curious what conference got assigned this game. For officials, there are pluses and minuses not knowing any of the teams or their players. However, during the pre-game conference crews have hours before the game, team tendencies, style of play and players who might cause issues are talked about. Perhaps Indybison could expand on this. For the Bison, no stupid personal foul unsportsmanlike conduct penalties , please.The crews have been reviewing video all week and likely Bison videos last week. They were assigned the Sunday/Monday of last week. The MVFC had a crew at SE LA last week and Sac State this week.

Most of this pregame is to review tendencies. Blocking schemes (i.e. linemen pull a lot, option, sweep, RPO, cutting), types of routes (5 receiver spread and deep, bunch, motion), blitzing/twist defense, free kick/scrimmage kick gunners, range of kickers, numbering exceptions on scrimmage kicks, and many other things. The wings may try to see how physical the DBs are with receivers. The R week verify right/left passers and kickers because that could determine which side they need to be on.

You aren't looking for players that cause trouble or have a tendency to hold. You let those jump out at you during the game. When we report to coaches we are having issues with a player on the edge or getting mouthy, it's usually not a surprise to them. The MVFC crews would be more aware of players who may cause issues because they've likely had that team.

southcliffbison
12-02-2022, 05:32 PM
The crews have been reviewing video all week and likely Bison videos last week. They were assigned the Sunday/Monday of last week. The MVFC had a crew at SE LA last week and Sac State this week.

Most of this pregame is to review tendencies. Blocking schemes (i.e. linemen pull a lot, option, sweep, RPO, cutting), types of routes (5 receiver spread and deep, bunch, motion), blitzing/twist defense, free kick/scrimmage kick gunners, range of kickers, numbering exceptions on scrimmage kicks, and many other things. The wings may try to see how physical the DBs are with receivers. The R week verify right/left passers and kickers because that could determine which side they need to be on.

You aren't looking for players that cause trouble or have a tendency to hold. You let those jump out at you during the game. When we report to coaches we are having issues with a player on the edge or getting mouthy, it's usually not a surprise to them. The MVFC crews would be more aware of players who may cause issues because they've likely had that team.

Thanks for the information, Indy. You don't disappoint.........YOU DA MAN!!!!

GCWaters
12-02-2022, 05:49 PM
Agreed there. Need to play sound and solid football with no extra BS from anyone. Sounds like playoff football. Lets get down to business!

"To defeat the hun!". Sorry, anyone with kids a certain age is required to add that to your last statement....

Professor Chaos
12-02-2022, 05:56 PM
The crews have been reviewing video all week and likely Bison videos last week. They were assigned the Sunday/Monday of last week. The MVFC had a crew at SE LA last week and Sac State this week.

If you're the HL or the LJ do you invest in earplugs if/when you get assigned to a game that Bo or Carl Pelini is coaching on the sidelines for???

kab1one
12-02-2022, 06:01 PM
well I'll be front row I guess. why not. f the griZ

Rolling out the green wig for EPSN?

gumby013
12-02-2022, 08:02 PM
It's flight staking time!

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/AAY4951/history/20221202/2200Z/KMSO/KFAR

Professor Chaos
12-02-2022, 08:19 PM
It's flight staking time!

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/AAY4951/history/20221202/2200Z/KMSO/KFAR
So the NCAA has moved from Sun Country to Allegiant for their charters huh? Next step is to fly in a railcar carried by African swallows (not European swallows though!).

Professor Chaos
12-02-2022, 08:35 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g5IIH1ocDc

"Hang Ten"... get it??? :)

sage
12-02-2022, 09:17 PM

Love it! We need to play a great game in every phase of the game. One win at a time!!!

El_Chapo
12-02-2022, 09:33 PM
Rolling out the green wig for EPSN?

not for PUD Espn +

cbline
12-02-2022, 10:14 PM
So the NCAA has moved from Sun Country to Allegiant for their charters huh? Next step is to fly in a railcar carried by African swallows (not European swallows though!).

Extra credit for any Monty Python reference!

BisonHorns
12-02-2022, 11:46 PM

I didn't get it until the last second when he said it is time for the Bison to hang 10.

gumby013
12-03-2022, 12:10 AM
A head start on the playoff video for next year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xgx4k83zzc

sage
12-03-2022, 12:50 AM
Pretty quiet here for a big game tomorrow. I hope things get load and excitement increases tomorrow. Go Herd!!

runtheoption
12-03-2022, 01:08 AM
Pretty quiet here for a big game tomorrow. I hope things get load and excitement increases tomorrow. Go Herd!!

Excitement first, followed by the load.

CAS4127
12-03-2022, 01:45 AM

The pads cracking did more for me than anything in the “Hang 10” vid, but I got the not-so-subtle message right away.

God I love physical football!! Let’s go A-Gap power tomorrow with a silenced/hear a pin drop crowd, and just listen ….. nothing more satisfying for me right there.

Yeah—I’m a bit pumped for this game and playoff-football!!

sage
12-03-2022, 02:18 AM

Lol!! Loud!!

mtoutfitter
12-03-2022, 02:19 AM
The pads cracking did more for me than anything in the “Hang 10” vid, but I got the not-so-subtle message right away.

God I love physical football!! Let’s go A-Gap power tomorrow with a silenced/hear a pin drop crowd, and just listen ….. nothing more satisfying for me right there.

Yeah—I’m a bit pumped for this game and playoff-football!!

Me too CAS. Gruck the Fizz!!

IndyBison
12-03-2022, 03:58 AM
If you're the HL or the LJ do you invest in earplugs if/when you get assigned to a game that Bo or Carl Pelini is coaching on the sidelines for???I've never worked a game with them, but I would never get ear plugs. You would miss a lot of inserting things. I did get to work a Louisville scrimmage with Petrino and several practices/scrimmages at Notre Dame with Kelly. Let's just say one of them was very nice and professional, and the other is someone I would never let my kid play for.

HerdThat!
12-03-2022, 05:31 AM
Where’s the midnight GDT?!?

NDSU92
12-03-2022, 10:23 AM
Where’s the midnight GDT?!?

Holy shit holy shit holy shit

This is not good

Hope b15on is doing okay. He never misses one

1998braves64
12-03-2022, 10:42 AM
We're screwed! I had to go on vacation with the kids so I can't help with this bad juju!

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

BisonHorns
12-03-2022, 10:43 AM
No Game Day Thread! This is more proof we are just living in a simulation.

Did he enter the transfer portal?

Professor Chaos
12-03-2022, 11:33 AM
No Game Day Thread! This is more proof we are just living in a simulation.

Did he enter the transfer portal?
Oh my... this is some bad joo-joo. If someone else starts the GDT we might need to sacrifice some cigars and rum to Jobu at tailgating to offset it...

EC8CH
12-03-2022, 11:38 AM
No whammy no whammy no whammy

Gully
12-03-2022, 12:11 PM
Seriously though, I hope he is ok.

bruinbison
12-03-2022, 12:30 PM
Yes, I hope everything thing is alright.

We can start gathering the links to help out if the GDT gets put together.

https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/game-day-notebook-bison-receiver-green-scratching-the-surface-of-his-versatility

https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/mcfeely-five-things-to-watch-in-the-bison-montana-game

HerdThat!
12-03-2022, 12:31 PM
Yes, I hope everything thing is alright.

We can start gathering the links to help out if the GDT gets put together.

All is right in the world now! He’s back baby, LFG!!!!

TAILG8R
12-04-2022, 08:33 AM
Sounds like it’s a it high risk high reward with their d scheme. If they guess right or hit the right gap and get you behind schedule they are successful. If not watch out.

I predict some running into a brick wall with long break away TD runs sprinkled in.

Funny as of right now I think Bison win by 17+.

It’s playoff time in the dome!

Uh I’m just going to leave this here.

Snowgoose
12-04-2022, 12:07 PM

That is some fantastic predictions right there. Although I will say my mom who doesn’t know much about football predicted a score of 52-27 so I guess there’s that :)

EC8CH
12-04-2022, 12:32 PM

**"Bows down***

bruinbison
12-04-2022, 01:31 PM

Good insight!
It was interesting to read over on egriz last night a few people predicting the coming demise of the 3-3-5 by the coaches. They were saying Montana can’t stop running teams with it. Given what Montana State is now with Coach Vigen……

ndsubison1
12-04-2022, 01:40 PM
Wait til you see Samford's 3 down front.

MankatoBison
12-05-2022, 03:36 PM

Its hard being exactly right all the time, but someone has to do it :howdy:
barely purple

Professor Chaos
12-05-2022, 03:44 PM
Its hard being exactly right all the time, but someone has to do it :howdy:
barely purple
I should've known better than to give a Big Sky defense that much credit.

Someone posted an interesting stat on AGS after this game; Montana gave up more combined rushing yards in their last 3 games (vs Montana St, SEMO, and NDSU) than they gave up in their first 10 games combined.

NDSU92
12-05-2022, 03:57 PM
Wait til you see Samford's 3 down front.

At least they're some bigger boys, but they are just three space-eaters. Watching the end of the SELA game they were so gassed and just getting pushed around. "Hands on ya knees, hands on ya knees!" Lol

The worst part about their defense is their linebackers are terrible. I'll be shocked if one of them is able to tackle TaMerik by himself at any point in the game. Not fast, don't have good hands, give up leverage, lose discipline. Just woof.

NDSU92
12-05-2022, 03:57 PM
I should've known better than to give a Big Sky defense that much credit.

Someone posted an interesting stat on AGS after this game; Montana gave up more combined rushing yards in their last 3 games (vs Montana St, SEMO, and NDSU) than they gave up in their first 10 games combined.

Hey at least Hauck got some good cheap shots in?

Hammerhead
12-05-2022, 07:42 PM
At least they're some bigger boys, but they are just three space-eaters. Watching the end of the SELA game they were so gassed and just getting pushed around. "Hands on ya knees, hands on ya knees!" Lol

The worst part about their defense is their linebackers are terrible. I'll be shocked if one of them is able to tackle TaMerik by himself at any point in the game. Not fast, don't have good hands, give up leverage, lose discipline. Just woof.

Or Kobe, Cam, T.K., Cole, ...

Bisman
12-05-2022, 11:41 PM
TaMerik Williams Touchdown Run Photo

DakotaOkie
12-06-2022, 01:29 AM
Your mom is absolutely prescient!
That is some fantastic predictions right there. Although I will say my mom who doesn’t know much about football predicted a score of 52-27 so I guess there’s that :)

cbline
12-06-2022, 06:55 PM
TaMerik Williams Touchdown Run Photo

Nice photo! "Hey, where did he go?"