PDA

View Full Version : Southern Illinois Game week

El_Chapo
11-07-2022, 02:29 PM
Last time we played at SIU was quite possibly 1 of the worst NDSU performances ever. I hope the coaches play that on loop all week!!
SIU beat Northwestern early, but don't have a good win since. they lost 36-37 to UNI 2 weeks ago, they are coming off a bye week and their coaches are hyping up this game and telling them if they win their last 2 they are 7-4 & in the playoffs.

NDSU needs to hit these guys hard and early then I think they will quit, don't give them any momentum or hope.

Let's go

OrygunBison
11-07-2022, 02:41 PM
Last time we played at SIU was quite possibly 1 of the worst NDSU performances ever. I hope the coaches play that on loop all week!!
SIU beat Northwestern early, but don't have a good win since. they lost 36-37 to UNI 2 weeks ago, they are coming off a bye week and their coaches are hyping up this game and telling them if they win their last 2 they are 7-4 & in the playoffs.

NDSU needs to hit these guys hard and early then I think they will quit, don't give them any momentum or hope.

Let's go

Glad to see you hyping up a conference game. It looks good on you.

Kevin
11-07-2022, 02:41 PM
Just going to say it: their coach has definitely had Entz's number and their QB has killed us in the past. Can't let them get going. Have to snuff out all hopes early on.

ndsubison1
11-07-2022, 02:43 PM
Last time we played them we dominated them in the playoffs Chapo.

tolnabison
11-07-2022, 02:46 PM
Just going to say it: their coach has definitely had Entz's number and their QB has killed us in the past. Can't let them get going. Have to snuff out all hopes early on.

One time. The spring season. How has he had NDSU's number? We rolled them when it mattered last season in the playoffs.

NDSUBowler
11-07-2022, 02:53 PM
Last time we played them we dominated them in the playoffs Chapo.

He said AT SIU..

Professor Chaos
11-07-2022, 02:53 PM
Alsen should get his wish this week with the Bison offensive game plan. SIU's defense is bipolar - they're very good against the run only allowing 100 rush yards per game (9th in the FCS) at 3.2 ypc (13th in the FCS) but not very good against the pass allowing 252 pass yards per game (96th in the FCS) with a defensive pass efficiency rating of 142.92 (80th in the FCS).

Offensively they're pretty one dimensional as well throwing for 270 yards per game (24th) and running for 128 (81st). RB Javon Williams Jr looks kind of like a shell of his former self with only 308 rush yards on the season at 3.5 ypc. This is a pretty good matchup given the strengths and weaknesses of the Bison defense but the corners are going to have to be up to the task against QB Nic Baker and the Cox bros D'Ante and Avante who each have over 500 yards receiving on the season (Avante has 7 TD catches as well).

southcliffbison
11-07-2022, 03:03 PM

This is something I've often pondered.........SIU coach having Entz 's number or Roehl's?? How much autonomy does Roehl have in formulating the offensive game plan? Of course, I realize that Entz carries the bigger whistle, but still.......Is it all Roehl's game plan? all Entz's game plan? Is it a 50/50 split putting a game plan together with each receiving credit (or blame)? I probably won't sleep tonight.......

tolnabison
11-07-2022, 03:03 PM
Alsen should get his wish this week with the Bison offensive game plan. SIU's defense is bipolar - they're very good against the run only allowing 100 rush yards per game (9th in the FCS) at 3.2 ypc (13th in the FCS) but not very good against the pass allowing 252 pass yards per game (96th in the FCS) with a defensive pass efficiency rating of 142.92 (80th in the FCS).

Offensively they're pretty one dimensional as well throwing for 270 yards per game (24th) and running for 128 (81st). RB Javon Williams Jr looks kind of like a shell of his former self with only 308 rush yards on the season at 3.5 ypc. This is a pretty good matchup given the strengths and weaknesses of the Bison defense but the corners are going to have to be up to the task against QB Nic Baker and the Cox bros D'Ante and Avante who each have over 500 yards receiving on the season (Avante has 7 TD catches as well).

I feel like their run defense is starting to have some issues. In their last two games, South Dakota had 200+ yards (two 100 rushers) against them. UNI ran for 164 yards (two 70 yard rushers).

Kevin
11-07-2022, 03:05 PM
One time. The spring season. How has he had NDSU's number? We rolled them when it mattered last season in the playoffs.

That one time was so traumatic it has become five times.

El_Chapo
11-07-2022, 03:14 PM
That one time was so traumatic it has become five times.

Salty about it , as we had party by Lake Minnetonka & had convinced some big shots to watch it.. so embarrassing.

like I said. Jump on them early.

FCSFan
11-07-2022, 05:30 PM
Salty about it , as we had party by Lake Minnetonka & had convinced some big shots to watch it.. so embarrassing.

like I said. Jump on them early.

Again, thank you for the invite that day. I think any further invites are unneeded as we will just stay with the activities on our boat and cabins, as your promises ended up being empty... It did not Rain One Single Bitch that whole day!! You should be embarrassed.

NDSU92
11-07-2022, 06:18 PM
Again, thank you for the invite that day. I think any further invites are unneeded as we will just stay with the activities on our boat and cabins, as your promises ended up being empty... It did not Rain One Single Bitch that whole day!! You should be embarrassed.

Heading to the game with my dad. Anyone else planning on being there? 40 degrees for the high, should be pretty chilly.

Should be a great game, Sagarin having NDSU as about a touchdown favorite.

SDbison
11-07-2022, 06:33 PM
This is something I've often pondered.........SIU coach having Entz 's number or Roehl's?? How much autonomy does Roehl have in formulating the offensive game plan? Of course, I realize that Entz carries the bigger whistle, but still.......Is it all Roehl's game plan? all Entz's game plan? Is it a 50/50 split putting a game plan together with each receiving credit (or blame)? I probably won't sleep tonight....... Both Entz and Roehl make bad decisions prior to and during a game. Both are stubborn as hell and I question if either know what they are doing!

Kevin
11-07-2022, 06:46 PM

Lakes is incapable of several emotions. That is one of them.

tony
11-07-2022, 06:57 PM
All four of NDSU's losses to SIU have been at their place, but NDSU has won 9 of the last 10 games.

El_Chapo
11-07-2022, 07:07 PM
All four of NDSU's losses to SIU have been at their place, but NDSU has won 9 of the last 10 games.

and they have a dam good QB

17>1
11-07-2022, 11:20 PM
Heading to the game with my dad. Anyone else planning on being there? 40 degrees for the high, should be pretty chilly.

Should be a great game, Sagarin having NDSU as about a touchdown favorite.

I’m in.
Heading to Lawrence Thursday for the basketball game, then I’m eastward bound on Friday. Last time I was in Carbondale was the Easton stick RFr. season when Wentz was out with the wrist injury. Bison won something like 35-30 IIRC. Headed to Soldier field the next day and watched the Vikings beat the Bears. It was a solid football weekend!

Curious to see how this weather plays out Thursday. Should be on the road early enough to beat the snow but coming home might be a different story. Fingers crossed!!

Bison03
11-08-2022, 02:18 AM
When we played them in the spring and they ended the streak, it was just weird, like that the rest of the spring. Bison basically had no seniors, and every team was focussed a lot on contact tracing and trying not to get covid, trying to extend the streak, it was what it was. As mentioned, last year when we played when it mattered; we destroyed them 38-7, ran for 389 yards, held them to 281 total yards, and led TOP by 15 minutes. Hoping for a similar result Saturday.

ndsubison1
11-08-2022, 02:44 PM
Bison only favored by 7 at 5Dimes.

THEsocalledfan
11-08-2022, 05:17 PM
Bison only favored by 7 at 5Dimes.

Sagarin has it -8-9. I think I'm all over this one if it holds....

El_Chapo
11-09-2022, 01:51 PM
I don't like the quiet news so far this week.
Hopefully this has the team focused!

NDSU92
11-09-2022, 02:30 PM

Why wait? lol do the same points feel any better later in the week? :)

CAS4127
11-09-2022, 10:58 PM
I don't like the quiet news so far this week.
Hopefully this has the team focused!

Thats because you pud all over social media and all the BS that goes with it.

CAS4127
11-09-2022, 10:59 PM

Strictly ESPN+, or Statewide TV?

El_Chapo
11-09-2022, 11:01 PM
Thats because you pud all over social media and all the BS that goes with it.

it's hard being an influencer.

it's on wday for you poorers

CAS4127
11-09-2022, 11:33 PM
it's hard being an influencer.

it's on wday for you poorers

You spelled loooser incorrectly in your first sentence.

I hear you on second sentence, as in putting money into NDSU athletics in an amount that’s difficult to justify; but, even dollar would be more than certain “influencers”.

Have you checked for thin ice about a hundred yards out yet by chance?

hockeyplayer
11-10-2022, 02:56 AM
The game at SIU in Carbondale will be played in 38 degree, 25-30 mph northwest winds. Salukis like to pass..... Their stout run defense may require the Bison to pass more often than normal..... the weather will make passing HARD for each team.

Interesting set up. I will be there.... part of a party of 6 from West Fargo, Fargo, Harvester, Mo and Herrin, IL.
Horns UP.... Egyptian Puppies DOWN.

El_Chapo
11-10-2022, 03:04 AM
The game at SIU in Carbondale will be played in 38 degree, 25-30 mph northwest winds. Salukis like to pass..... Their stout run defense may require the Bison to pass more often than normal..... the weather will make passing HARD for each team.

Interesting set up. I will be there.... part of a party of 6 from West Fargo, Fargo, Harvester, Mo and Herrin, IL.
Horns UP.... Egyptian Puppies DOWN.

Have fun! pick up CAS. he needs a weekend of partying to cheer up .

Bison03
11-10-2022, 06:22 PM
So another windy game. Guess we will just have to run for 400+ yards again.

DCinOK
11-10-2022, 10:03 PM

Interesting to look at the Marshall Thundering Herd helmet logo they're using this week.

Herd
11-11-2022, 09:06 AM
It’s Snorty on meth

scottietohottie
11-11-2022, 12:02 PM
It’s Snorty on meth

I'm here oh never mind eh.

El_Chapo
11-11-2022, 04:04 PM
this Northwest wind should help the PlaneFlight eh?

Win 2 in a row here, get that #2 or #3 seed, these coaches better be ALL OVER THESE BOYS !!

Kevin
11-11-2022, 05:36 PM

Interesting to look at the Marshall Thundering Herd helmet logo they're using this week.

CAS we can surely sue for this right bro?

El_Chapo
11-11-2022, 10:38 PM
hmmm #BulletinBoardMaterial

https://thesouthern.com/sports/siu-football-ndsu-not-invincible-but-still-tough/article_533f6c22-2eaa-5fda-ab6b-56f08e32d944.html

sage
11-12-2022, 02:38 AM
hmmm #BulletinBoardMaterial

https://thesouthern.com/sports/siu-football-ndsu-not-invincible-but-still-tough/article_533f6c22-2eaa-5fda-ab6b-56f08e32d944.html

A great tribute to a great team even with two loses. They are as good as they once were.