1) 13 page gdt. Fatigue.
2) first half bad bro.
3) second half better bro.
4) wake me when we’re fbs.

KSBisonFan
10-29-2022, 10:21 PM
4th quarter looked like Bison football.
Hope Pierce is OK.
Looked like a totally different defense out there today. Better tackling, forced a turnover, some 3 and outs. Dom Jones and Kopp looked good. We need Wisniewski on the field.
We held ISU to 76 yards rushing, 2.7 yds/carry.

Kevin
10-29-2022, 10:25 PM
What happened to Pierce? I must have missed that.

mtoutfitter
10-29-2022, 10:29 PM
What happened to Pierce? I must have missed that.

Of course you did Bro....you said you were gonna sleep til FBS time Bro.

Kevin
10-29-2022, 10:34 PM
UNI did us a solid and took down SIU.

Kevin
10-29-2022, 10:36 PM
UNI did us a solid and took down SIU.

Qb’s in that game combined for 800 is tds and 8 tds

SoCalBison
10-29-2022, 10:40 PM
Second half today finally felt like Bison football. About time.

semobison
10-29-2022, 10:50 PM
Best defense we have seen all year. More Wisniewski and Kopp at LB please.

Offense wasn’t great but had balance. Sometimes when they stack the box you need to pass to set up the run.

NDSUBowler
10-29-2022, 10:54 PM
Kopp was a stud today

BFKasper14
10-29-2022, 10:59 PM
Kopp was a stud today

Yep. I heard Dan Michaels say his name A LOT today! They all seemed faster in the second half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KSBisonFan
10-29-2022, 11:20 PM
Seemed to be less trash talking and celebrating today

Kevin
10-29-2022, 11:23 PM

Cam handed the ball to the ref like a proper gentleman.

mtoutfitter
10-29-2022, 11:28 PM

Agree Two Hundred Percent!

BigHorns
10-29-2022, 11:42 PM

As it should be, focus on the task and take care of business.

Bison03
10-29-2022, 11:56 PM
Nothing super great, nothing super bad. Just an all around, old fashioned, hard nosed, grind it out Valley win. I’ll take it.

Professor Chaos
10-30-2022, 12:11 AM
Best I've felt after a game this year. This was a pretty good team and decent offense that they shut down. Only allowing 78 yards rushing at 2.8 per carry with limited missed tackles was a breath of fresh air. On offense they had 31 passes and 37 rushes (and some of those rushes were Cam Miiler scrambles).... what???? Amazing how a diverse offense can still control the game just like a dominant running offense would.

This wasn't a dominant win but it was the best win they've had this season to date and their wins against YSU and NC A&T are starting to look better as well. 3 more wins and they're in line for a top 4 seed or higher I think which will have them home until the semis. Not bad for a down year if they can keep up the momentum they built today.

tony
10-30-2022, 12:14 AM
Best I've felt after a game this year. This was a pretty good team and decent offense that they shut down. Only allowing 78 yards rushing at 2.8 per carry with limited missed tackles was a breath of fresh air. On offense they had 31 passes and 37 rushes (and some of those rushes were Cam Miiler scrambles.... what???? Amazing how a diverse offense can still control the game like a dominant running would.

This wasn't a dominant win but it was the best win they've had this season to date and their wins against YSU and NC A&T are starting to look better as well. 3 more wins and they're in line for a top 4 seed or higher I think which will have them home until the semis. Not bad for a down year if they can keep up the momentum they built today.

Agree 100%. I like NDSU teams where the D is capitalized (and possibly in bold.) There were almost NO missed tackles.

bisoneer
10-30-2022, 12:19 AM
Great game! Huge win against a very tough Redbirds team! So much fun to see us back in the win column! Congrats to the players and coaches!

HerdistheWord
10-30-2022, 12:32 AM
Energy was lacking in the dome, but it was dang nice to see solid tackling and run defense. Our pass defense was good too. Best I’ve felt about defense all season. The pass rush was lacking at times, but being solid everywhere else made up for that.

56BISON73
10-30-2022, 12:34 AM

About time.

HerdBot
10-30-2022, 12:49 AM
Defense. Clearly we found something with Kopp ans Wiesnuski (sp). Really good effort

Offense was efficient. Cam was sharp. Did we run the i formation at all today? It looked diffferent but it eas clearly working

Kevin
10-30-2022, 03:05 AM
Defense. Clearly we found something with Kopp ans Wiesnuski (sp). Really good effort

Offense was efficient. Cam was sharp. Did we run the i formation at all today? It looked diffferent but it eas clearly working

*Whiznezchki

DePereBisonFan
10-30-2022, 03:13 AM
I probably need to cancel my ESPN+ subscription, because I'm just not prioritizing watching these games anymore. I think I watched maybe 3 plays.

HerdBot
10-30-2022, 03:15 AM
*Whiznezchki

WhizDeezNutski

cbline
10-30-2022, 12:40 PM
Did I miss something? Why only three rushes for Leupke???

THEsocalledfan
10-30-2022, 01:03 PM
First half defense, not good. Then it was like something clicked. Im very curious about next week as I think this bunch may have turned a corner. That was a good football team they beat handily.

sage
10-30-2022, 03:02 PM

Yep, what is up with this??? Anyone??

Jim Puetz
10-30-2022, 03:09 PM

"Cam was sharp"? What game were you watching? If what Cam did yesterday was "playing sharp" we need to redefine Bison QB play.

scottietohottie
10-30-2022, 03:23 PM
First half defense, not good. Then it was like something clicked. Im very curious about next week as I think this bunch may have turned a corner. That was a good football team they beat handily.

I get to go to New Salem Saturday and try and milk that cow eh. Should be an epic game eh. Westhope hung around until after halftime eh.

CAS4127
10-30-2022, 04:04 PM
"Cam was sharp"? What game were you watching? If what Cam did yesterday was "playing sharp" we need to redefine Bison QB play.

65% completion percentage and about 190 yards isn’t too bad. He did have 2-3 really bad throws, focused way too much on Luepke when other receivers were wide open elsewhere, and missed Mathis for easy TD when he (Cam) decided to tuck and run a bit too early (this was at north end just before FG IIRC).

NDSU92
10-30-2022, 04:45 PM

They were working on his foot/ankle after his TD. Didn’t watch much of the game but if I had to guess that might be it.

Absolutely 0 reason to play him next week if he’s starting to get banged up in my opinion

NDSUBowler
10-30-2022, 05:00 PM

Pretty sure they said on 1660 post game that Luepke has been playing with broken ribs last few weeks.

Its possible I was only passively listening and heard wrong name.

Kevin
10-30-2022, 05:05 PM
65% completion percentage and about 190 yards isn’t too bad. He did have 2-3 really bad throws, focused way too much on Luepke when other receivers were wide open elsewhere, and missed Mathis for easy TD when he (Cam) decided to tuck and run a bit too early (this was at north end just before FG IIRC).

He’s a one read guy bro

scottietohottie
10-30-2022, 05:06 PM
He’s a one read guy bro

Have they tried running Cole on third down eh?

Kujava23
10-30-2022, 06:35 PM

SETTLE DOWN----they were 5-2 but had 4 one possession WINS over Valpariaso, UNI, SD, & Indiana State-----avg 19 ppg and were a PASSING team----so of course they didn't attempt to RUN the ball a lot

I'm not getting FIRED UP---about how well the Bison played this game.

Yes we didn't turn the ball over----NICE----but a HOME win vs a team that won't be playing past Thanksgiving

Kujava23
10-30-2022, 06:38 PM
He’s a one read guy bro

EXACTLY---let's not get fired up about his 70% in last 4 games---COACHES have put him in low risk throws---single reads

I'm shocked didn't see his favorite pass play 3-4 times---play action boot with 3 level targets---and Cam---always throws to the shallow TE

This is the 2nd worst BISON team since 2010----SPRING team was the worst

tony
10-30-2022, 07:33 PM
Pretty sure they said on 1660 post game that Luepke has been playing with broken ribs last few weeks.

I heard the same thing on the post game (Luepke, broken ribs.) That's pretty incredible. And, yeah, a Redbird definitely got some torque on his ankle in the end zone so that was definitely hurting.

Kobe Johnson scares the hell out of me in pass protection, but he gets the job done - and he was incredibly sharp and decisive. The only thing that I saw to knock him on was that a defender got two hands on the ball to his one and was cranking on it. Somehow Kobe kept a hold on the ball - dude must have kung fu grip.

ndsubison1
10-30-2022, 09:01 PM
I wouldnt call it a great game, but certainly a step forward.

WhoRepsTheLurker
10-30-2022, 10:22 PM
Re: the status of The Majestic Beast

https://twitter.com/BisonReport/status/1586539607381970944?cxt=HHwWgMC4gb_XwoQsAAAA

Jim Puetz
10-30-2022, 11:21 PM

I"m referring more to the lack of improvement regarding holding the ball too long and not throwing it away and taking a stupid sack. Every time I see him hold on too long and get sacked I worry about a fumble that kills a drive and changes momentum.

CAS4127
10-31-2022, 12:30 AM
He’s a one read guy bro

Truth, plus he locks in completely on that one read. Needs work on that.

CAS4127
10-31-2022, 12:32 AM
I"m referring more to the lack of improvement regarding holding the ball too long and not throwing it away and taking a stupid sack. Every time I see him hold on too long and get sacked I worry about a fumble that kills a drive and changes momentum.

Don’t disagree. He holds on to ball far too long IMO. On out routes, he waits til wr is next to sideline before he throws. I second earlier, that pass/catch can be turned up field—nope.

El_Chapo
10-31-2022, 12:57 AM
Truth, plus he locks in completely on that one read. Needs work on that.

the 1 wheel route to Luepke in front of student section he literally just threw it to a spot. didn't even look at how or where luepke was running

sage
10-31-2022, 01:20 AM

Thanks. Sure, hope he can get back soon with no lingering issues.

SDbison
10-31-2022, 01:56 AM

Its possible I was only passively listening and heard wrong name. What you posted is close to correct. I was listening to radio post game and believe I heard the term cracked or fractured ribs. Surprised Luepke would even be playing with cracked ribs.

CAS4127
10-31-2022, 02:22 AM
the 1 wheel route to Luepke in front of student section he literally just threw it to a spot. didn't even look at how or where luepke was running

And missed the wide open drag route by 86(?) I think, at about 12-15 yard level. Didn’t even look off of Luepke, even tho ISU players were pointing at him at LOS.

NDSUBowler
10-31-2022, 06:50 AM
What you posted is close to correct. I was listening to radio post game and believe I heard the term cracked or fractured ribs. Surprised Luepke would even be playing with cracked ribs.

Thanks for the correction! Not as bad as broken but surely plenty painful.

Hope he can take the WIU game off and prep for the final 2 games.

MankatoBison
10-31-2022, 01:44 PM
This is the kind of 'clunker' I miss. Where we merely play 'good', and not 'actually bad' for large swaths of the game (USD, SDSU, Drake, ISUb etc.).

We dont have to be great every game to BE great. You just need to play 'good' at worst, to be GREAT overall. I was not dazzled by our performance, but it was our best defensive game this entire season, IMO

scottietohottie
10-31-2022, 02:23 PM
Sure be nice to have more then one rb/wr so we wouldn't have to beat the shit out of the one good back all the time eh. Seems like not the first time he's been injured eh.

Kevin
10-31-2022, 02:50 PM
We should rest Luepke and whoever else we need to next week. SIU is going to be a huge game and their coach seems to have our number.

WIU had like 57 players inactive last week. Has anyone heard why?

89MTBISON
10-31-2022, 04:35 PM
We win out from here, all the way to the championship. With the transfer portal (+injuries), our depth has been hurt, so the coaches are busy playing a game to keep everyone happy, so fewer leave. That's a tough game, you can please some of the people all the time, all the people some of the time, but you can't keep all the people happy all the time. I think we see more of the younger guys who've shown potential playing more in the closing games. Eli Green's catch on the sideline was spectacular, whatshisname would have dropped that one. We've got better athletes watching from the sidelines as the coaches try to keep the established guys happy. And yes, our meathead coaches over-analyze the game, that's what meatheads do to compensate for being meatheads.

Hammerhead
10-31-2022, 04:43 PM
I'm hoping the Bison finally found their Mojo and win out. It seems like NDSU has always been rotating players more than other teams during our title runs because our 2nd stringers have been up to the task of facing a more tired starter on the other side of the ball.

Other than Tamerik and Luke LaCiento, do we have any other portal transfers who are on the current roster?

We win out from here, all the way to the championship. With the transfer portal (+injuries), our depth has been hurt, so the coaches are busy playing a game to keep everyone happy, so fewer leave. That's a tough game, you can please some of the people all the time, all the people some of the time, but you can't keep all the people happy all the time. I think we see more of the younger guys who've shown potential playing more in the closing games. Eli Green's catch on the sideline was spectacular, whatshisname would have dropped that one. We've got better athletes watching from the sidelines as the coaches try to keep the established guys happy. And yes, our meathead coaches over-analyze the game, that's what meatheads do to compensate for being meatheads.

89MTBISON
10-31-2022, 05:05 PM
I'm hoping the Bison finally found their Mojo and win out. It seems like NDSU has always been rotating players more than other teams during our title runs because our 2nd stringers have been up to the task of facing a more tired starter on the other side of the ball.

Other than Tamerik and Luke LaCiento, do we have any other portal transfers who are on the current roster?

Luke Waters, Jacob Streit, Carson Williams show up on GoBison. Also, we are preferring an ogre package to using out TEs. Are we really going to throw to Grey Zabel? What's up with our TEs?

THEsocalledfan
10-31-2022, 05:10 PM
Luke Waters, Jacob Streit, Carson Williams show up on GoBison. Also, we are preferring an ogre package to using out TEs. Are we really going to throw to Grey Zabel? What's up with our TEs?

Dudes a phenomenal athlete. They could if they wanted to.

89MTBISON
10-31-2022, 05:17 PM
Dudes a phenomenal athlete. They could if they wanted to.

We should have three TEs who fit this description. Our recruiting sucks. FCS has become a dumpster fire.

Alsen
10-31-2022, 09:10 PM

He was, however, targeted a few times. I think they may have finally realized some of their strengths and weaknesses, instead of just doing the same old stuff.

This OL line is NOT big and strong like former lines going back beyond my memory. They are very talented and well coached, but this line can't open holes into stacked boxes or defenses focused on stopping the run.

The pass protection is quite good. I think they have realized that if they are going to win another championship, they might just have to do it with a legitimately balanced offensive attack.

BISONBRI53
10-31-2022, 09:20 PM
He was, however, targeted a few times. I think they may have finally realized some of their strengths and weaknesses, instead of just doing the same old stuff.

This OL line is NOT big and strong like former lines going back beyond my memory. They are very talented and well coached, but this line can't open holes into stacked boxes or defenses focused on stopping the run.

The pass protection is quite good. I think they have realized that if they are going to win another championship, they might just have to do it with a legitimately balanced offensive attack.

Now that's the mark of a good coaching staff! Only 4 seasons to figure that out!

reformedUNDfan
10-31-2022, 09:20 PM

you lost me here, completely

Professor Chaos
10-31-2022, 09:29 PM

Putting past championship teams on a pedestal is a pretty common thing on Bisonville but this is really getting out there - this o-line is as solid as it's ever been IMO. You don't average 5.7 yards per carry (9th best in the FCS) without a rushing threat at QB (Cole Payton doesn't count since he can't throw it - apparently) without having a dominant o-line.

Jim Puetz
11-01-2022, 12:22 AM
Sure be nice to have more then one rb/wr so we wouldn't have to beat the shit out of the one good back all the time eh. Seems like not the first time he's been injured eh.

Agree with the apparent overuse of Luepke. TMak is physical and has played well when given a chance. Give him more reps along with Kobe. I'm not sure what to think of Gonnella, when he's good, he's good, when he's bad, he's atrocious. Plus, both Brozio and Hofstedt have shown they are effective pass catchers out of the backfield or wing, give them a shot at the wheel route while Luepke rests a bit.

CAS4127
11-01-2022, 12:29 AM
Agree with the apparent overuse of Luepke. TMak is physical and has played well when given a chance. Give him more reps along with Kobe. I'm not sure what to think of Gonnella, when he's good, he's good, when he's bad, he's atrocious. Plus, both Brozio and Hofstedt have shown they are effective pass catchers out of the backfield or wing, give them a shot at the wheel route while Luepke rests a bit.

Agreed, and recruit more Dynamic RBs. Some will say: “But that’s not our offense”. Response: “Then why do we run plays as if the RBs are dynamic”?, as in zone blocking/find the hole/cut back lane.

…. Lakes and Tranny are now googling “what is zone blocking”. Maybe they’ll learn something, but retention of what you read is key.

El_Chapo
11-01-2022, 03:38 AM
We should have three TEs who fit this description. Our recruiting sucks. FCS has become a dumpster fire.

I've been warning & preaching for 3 years now

bruinbison
11-01-2022, 07:10 PM

A couple years ago Cody Mauch was that guy……an OL brought in for those packages

The biggest TE, 6’ 6” 260 Noah Gindorff is injured and out for the season.
The 6’ 232 Waters was brought in from a JC as depth at FB, may be a PWO.
Streit transferred from Northern State, is a PWO.
Carson Williams is a RFr transfer from Buffalo, is from Iowa and has a brother who is a FR DL for the Bison.

NDSU92
11-01-2022, 07:18 PM
Agreed, and recruit more Dynamic RBs. Some will say: “But that’s not our offense”. Response: “Then why do we run plays as if the RBs are dynamic”?, as in zone blocking/find the hole/cut back lane.

…. Lakes and Tranny are now googling “what is zone blocking”. Maybe they’ll learn something, but retention of what you read is key.

Don't we have a RB on the roster that was averaging like 50 ypc and like 0.75 TD per carry through his first two seasons?

bruinbison
11-01-2022, 07:20 PM

Joe Stoffel is one of the highest rated recruits ever at NDSU.
And again, Gindorff is hurt and out for the season. Had/has NFL hopes.
True Freshman Nate Forystek, Kelby Azure and Kaden Zenzen had nice recruiting ratings and this is way too early to know about them.
RFr Finn Diggins has played a little bit, still tbd on him and Williams.

You just guaranteed Bisonville 6 more weeks of Chapo
by posting this…… :facepalm2: :)

89MTBISON
11-02-2022, 03:56 AM
Joe Stoffel is one of the highest rated recruits ever at NDSU.
And again, Gindorff is hurt and out for the season. Had/has NFL hopes.
True Freshman Nate Forystek, Kelby Azure and Kaden Zenzen had nice recruiting ratings and this is way too early to know about them.
RFr Finn Diggins has played a little bit, still tbd on him and Williams.

You just guaranteed Bisonville 6 more weeks of Chapo
by posting this…… :facepalm2: :)

There are some pretty glaring shortcomings on this team, TE is just one. I thought it was next man up. Who should we blame(are we allowed to do that here)? Sat next to an up and coming Bison at the WVB match tonight. He's listed as 6'1", 218. I'm legit 6'0", 195. No way he outweighs me by 23lbs. Ratings are like that.

El_Chapo
11-02-2022, 12:59 PM
TE has been spoiled with Ellefson, Gindorff Babicz.... all 6 6 6 7 250 lbs....

DL , Safety, LB , WR all concerns right now

tony
11-02-2022, 01:19 PM
Don't we have a RB on the roster that was averaging like 50 ypc and like 0.75 TD per carry through his first two seasons?

Hahaha! Yeah, need more Jalen Bussey!

Snowgoose
11-02-2022, 03:07 PM

DL , Safety, LB , WR all concerns right now

You are always so comical. Ben is only 6'3".

Snowgoose
11-02-2022, 03:09 PM
Hahaha! Yeah, need more Jalen Bussey!

I have always been impressed with Bussey as he runs way harder than his size. I would have used him in a third down role but we could never figure that out. Maybe he doesn't catch the ball well in practice as I would think he would be a great returner as well so I guess that could be the issue.

El_Chapo
11-02-2022, 03:22 PM
You are always so comical. Ben is only 6'3".

true. I was thinking Noah Josh

SiouxHockeyBisonFo
11-02-2022, 03:31 PM

DL , Safety, LB , WR all concerns right nowSafety? They have two safeties that started for what 4 years in a row, plus Dom that is good enough to start so they are playing him all over the field. That doesn't include 3+ safeties that have been moved to lb to try to get them on the field.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

SiouxHockeyBisonFo
11-02-2022, 03:33 PM
I have always been impressed with Bussey as he runs way harder than his size. I would have used him in a third down role but we could never figure that out. Maybe he doesn't catch the ball well in practice as I would think he would be a great returner as well so I guess that could be the issue.This is one of the things that I just cannot wrap my mind around. How does he not get a handful of touches every game?

KSBisonFan
11-02-2022, 03:35 PM
This is one of the things that I just cannot wrap my mind around. How does he not get a handful of touches every game?

Who are you going to take touches away from?

Hammerhead
11-02-2022, 04:10 PM

Exactly. There were only 37 rushes in the game and one of those was a sack.

CAS4127
11-02-2022, 06:28 PM
This is one of the things that I just cannot wrap my mind around. How does he not get a handful of touches every game?

Used him on 3rd down against Zona near endzone and he got smoked, and hurt. May not be 100% even yet.

I’m taking about 5’10”-6’-1”, 180-210 guys, with speed, agility and blocking ability who can be every down back, but rotated like we currently do with lesser backs. They are out there every year to be recruited. We may need to expand our RB recruiting areas.

tony
11-02-2022, 06:29 PM

The perfect time to unchain the Bus is when the game has entered the Dagger Zone.

NDSU92
11-02-2022, 07:11 PM
The perfect time to unchain the Bus is when the game has entered the Dagger Zone.

Delta formation with Luepke and TaMerik and Bussey in da back

If I was OC I'd be salivating 24/7 with the talent we have on the roster. Have a little fun with the O.

Oh, and I'd run Veer with Payton, Bussey and Kobe.

NDSU92
11-02-2022, 07:14 PM

How many times has Bussey done exactly that over the course of his career? LBs start just run-fitting and get complacent just trying to stop the push.

Then bang, Bussey squirts out and houses it