PDA

View Full Version : NDSU/SDSU 2022 Rivalry Week!!

El_Chapo
10-10-2022, 01:53 PM
Its Monday, Its Rivalry Week, Lets get that Dakota Marker!!

We haven't played a complete game yet, that ends on saturday!!

#1 vs #2 and a pathway to the #1 FCS playoff seed.

MankatoBison
10-10-2022, 01:57 PM
From the looks of the ISUb game, Bison have been preparing for this game for 2 weeks lol. Sold out crowd better be electric atmosphere, for the first time in a long time.

Gotta say though, SDSU is good at the exact thing we suck at right now- running the ball. We will not win this game if we let Isaiah Davis do whatever he wants back there, and theyll have their 20-30 trick plays they'll inevitably use, too. If last week is any indication, SDSU wins by 7+. But I dont think last week is an indication, but its hard to ignore the mental errors of the last 5 weeks and poor run defense and tackling. Who knows.

EC8CH
10-10-2022, 02:00 PM
Yearly reminder that rabbits are disgusting creatures that eat their own poop.

KSBisonFan
10-10-2022, 02:04 PM
This is easy: We have to tackle better and win the turnover and penalty stats to have a chance. Somebody on defense actually catching an interception would help immensely. Although the Bunnies may not have to pass if our run defense doesn't improve.

If we play like we have all season, we lose.

Professor Chaos
10-10-2022, 02:06 PM
I'm oddly conflicted about how this game will go... my head is telling me the Bison defense will be completely outmatched by the combination of Isaiah Davis and Mark Gronowski running the ball. It's telling me there's very little chance the Bison win this game unless SDSU makes some mistakes.

My gut isn't so sure... the Bison are playing their biggest rival (I remember the plexiglass window of the SDSU coaches boxes getting punched out after they secured the win in the Fargodome during that yucky spring 2021 season) and all week there's going to be noise about SDSU bringing that marker up and taking it right back down with them because "the Bison just don't have it this year especially on defense". The cards being stacked like this against the home team in the Fargodome is something that hasn't happened in a decade plus probably (at least in a normal fall season). I could see that feeling being oddly satisfying for this Bison team liberating them to play loose and a little bit angry.

Right now my head says SDSU by 7-10 points (defense travels and SDSU might have the best defense in the FCS) but as the week goes on I suspect my gut will overrule my head.

Grizzled
10-10-2022, 02:14 PM
I don’t see the Bison losing at home. Too much talent and too much tradition. Gameday thread will look different this week.

Bison by 13 and it’s not really that close.

Hammerhead
10-10-2022, 02:14 PM
Mrs. Hammerhead and I will be making noise in the south end zone. I still can't believe we were able to get tickets in row C during the Team Makers presale for single-game tickets when every other year the best seats were in row AA or higher.

From the looks of the ISUb game, Bison have been preparing for this game for 2 weeks lol. Sold out crowd better be electric atmosphere, for the first time in a long time.

Gotta say though, SDSU is good at the exact thing we suck at right now- running the ball. We will not win this game if we let Isaiah Davis do whatever he wants back there, and theyll have their 20-30 trick plays they'll inevitably use, too. If last week is any indication, SDSU wins by 7+. But I dont think last week is an indication, but its hard to ignore the mental errors of the last 5 weeks and poor run defense and tackling. Who knows.

EC8CH
10-10-2022, 02:16 PM
This week is time to feature Luepke and Williams in the backfield with a handful of change of pace runs for Johnson or Marshall (whoever is healthier). Would have loved to see Payton given the chance to develop his role further at this point as we need a fully utilized dual threat QB to be available. Defense needs to play their best game of the year and rally to the ball. And for all that is good and holy, cut out the friggin' penalties and catch and interception when it hits you in both hands!

OrygunBison
10-10-2022, 02:20 PM
Cam will have a big game.

El_Chapo
10-10-2022, 02:24 PM
1 freakin screen pass to a RB would crush sdsus linebackers

Bison03
10-10-2022, 02:55 PM
Cole Peyton had not seen the field since his 5 carries in Arizona. You have to think he will be a big part of the gameplan this week, I mean, he has to be. Would love to see a fake run and drop back and pass. Need Cole in the mix.

tolnabison
10-10-2022, 02:56 PM
This week is time to feature Luepke and Williams in the backfield with a handful of change of pace runs for Johnson or Marshall (whoever is healthier). Would have loved to see Payton given the chance to develop his role further at this point as we need a fully utilized dual threat QB to be available. Defense needs to play their best game of the year and rally to the ball. And for all that is good and holy, cut out the friggin' penalties and catch and interception when it hits you in both hands!

Wouldn't be surpised if Payton has a big role this week. Part of the reason you didn't see him last week against ISU-B.

A big thing for me will be how well Gronowski plays for SDSU. I have watched every one of their games and the only game I came away impressed was Missouri St. I personally don't think he is the runner he was in the spring of 2020. Davis on the other hand is a load, we need to tackle.

scbison91
10-10-2022, 03:14 PM
Cole Peyton had not seen the field since his 5 carries in Arizona. You have to think he will be a big part of the gameplan this week, I mean, he has to be. Would love to see a fake run and drop back and pass. Need Cole in the mix.He had 7 rushes for 44 yards in YSU game.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Kujava23
10-10-2022, 03:21 PM
Bunnies have WON 4 of the last 6 Dakota Marker Games----and won last game at the FargoDome---which they all celebrated at midfield

ENTZ bring that up----FIRE UP THESE GUYS

DEMAND discipline and focus this week of practice---see if we can have better RUN FITS & not commit more penalties than our opponent

If our DEFENSE doesn't step up BIG TIME (STOP THE RUN) than that means our OFFENSE will have to make some PLAYS IN THE PASSING GAME!!!!

I don't remember that last time the BISON ran the middle screen to the RB----always worked---but don't recall this OC calling it

Should be a great atmosphere for the game but NEED BISON to put a complete game together to WIN this game!!

Professor Chaos
10-10-2022, 04:35 PM
Cam will have a big game.
He'll probably need it since this might be the best defense he's faced in his time at NDSU. The Jacks defense is only allowing 2.13 yards per carry and 57.5 rush yards per game on the season so the 80/20 run-pass split isn't going to work. He's going to need to move the ball through the air for them to sustain drives.

ndsubison1
10-10-2022, 04:36 PM
Bison on paper should lose this. But I can see an inspired Bison team pulling it out in a playoff type atmosphere. Davis will get his yards but Gronowski is not anything special.

Bison 27 SDSU 26. The marker comes back to Fargo and stays.

Kevin
10-10-2022, 04:41 PM
Bison on paper should lose this. But I can see an inspired Bison team pulling it out in a playoff type atmosphere. Davis will get his yards but Gronowski is not anything special.

Bison 27 SDSU 26. The marker comes back to Fargo and stays.

Didn't he smoke us last we played him? Or am I confusing him with another running QB?

I don't really care if we lose this game. It's little brother's super bowl and we all know they'll get smoked in the playoffs regardless.

scottietohottie
10-10-2022, 04:51 PM
Didn't he smoke us last we played him? Or am I confusing him with another running QB?

I don't really care if we lose this game. It's little brother's super bowl and we all know they'll get smoked in the playoffs regardless.

Lmfao. This loss will be just the wake up call this team needs eh.

Kevin
10-10-2022, 05:00 PM
Lmfao. This loss will be just the wake up call this team needs eh.

It's certainly been the case in years past.

In fact, SDSU throwing the kitchen sink with trick plays and 12 man formations probably helped us win at least 3 of our titles.

We should thank them bro.

TransAmBison
10-10-2022, 05:22 PM
Hate to say it, but this is the bunnies game to lose. Davis is going to give our defense fits and their TEs are going to get some big yards. We are going to struggle with a lot of 3rd and longs. I think the bunnies beat us by 10+ this time around. Hopefully it is the wake up call they need, because they do not appear to be playing inspired ball this year. I am hopeful we can beat SDSU by the time playoffs come around, but right now they are doing what they should, and we are finding a way...two completely different paths to victory.

El_Chapo
10-10-2022, 05:34 PM
what a bunch of sally's .

Leevon Perry is flying in to do the pregame locker room speech. its OVER>

Hammerhead
10-10-2022, 06:12 PM
I guess you could say SDSU "quality loss" at Iowa is better than our loss at Arizona since Arizona is still roughly even with NDSU and SDSU in the Sagarin ratings. Neither team has a quality win so far...

EC8CH
10-10-2022, 06:14 PM
I guess you could say SDSU "quality loss" at Iowa is better than our loss at Arizona since Arizona is still roughly even with NDSU and SDSU in the Sagarin ratings. Neither team has a quality win so far...

They've been taking care of business better in their other "non quality" wins though, whereas NDSU has been squeaking by. Silver lining is NDSU's problems have largely been self inflicted. Question is can they tighten it up by this weekend though. Haven't for a full game yet for sure.

Kevin
10-10-2022, 06:24 PM

I think we would have killed Iowa for what its worth.

SDSU loses to Arizona.

CFB math dictates we not only win but we cover the spread. Bet accordingly.

El_Chapo
10-10-2022, 06:32 PM
I think we would have killed Iowa for what its worth.

SDSU loses to Arizona.

CFB math dictates we not only win but we cover the spread. Bet accordingly.

Arizona was a BAD loss for NDSU, exposed our LB's/Secondary and OC play calling.

Iowa was a BAD loss for SDSU, showed that they just don't have that "IT" button.

NDSU wins this game 27-20 and rather comfortably

Kevin
10-10-2022, 07:01 PM
Arizona was a BAD loss for NDSU, exposed our LB's/Secondary and OC play calling.

Iowa was a BAD loss for SDSU, showed that they just don't have that "IT" button.

NDSU wins this game 27-20 and rather comfortably

Dude Iowa hasn't scored 20 points all year lol.

Arizona didn't beat us so much as de Laura beat us. He's been lighting up every other team he's played too. Great player.

ByeSonBusiness
10-10-2022, 07:22 PM
I'm leaning SDSU by 7-10 points.

KSBisonFan
10-10-2022, 07:41 PM
I think the loser of this game goes to #3 or #4 seed for the playoffs. SDSU's schedule is easy after us. Their toughest game is at UND the following Saturday. I think a Big Fluffy team is going to sneak into the #2 seed leaving Saturday's loser on the road for the semis.

If I trust my eyes and not my heart, I'd pick SDSU by 2 scores. Their defense > our defense and offenses might be a push. Penalties, turnovers and special teams will decide the game.

unbison
10-10-2022, 08:40 PM
Isn’t UND next weekend?

THEsocalledfan
10-10-2022, 09:01 PM
This game all depends on if the D-line can mature in a hurry. I just don't see it happening.

The good news, should be easy money to be made as I think NDSU will be about a 3 point favorite. Bet SDSU....

Rixen
10-10-2022, 09:03 PM
If I trust my eyes and not my heart, I'd pick SDSU by 2 scores. Their defense > our defense and offenses might be a push. Penalties, turnovers and special teams will decide the game.

I am exactly in line with this thinking. Similar offenses but they are getting their stud TE back this week I think and their defense is far better than us. Normally would say they are a 14 point favorite. Give our homefield advantage a -3 benefit and I still think we lose by double digits. Don't consider it a death blow for the season but we need to drastically improve to be title contenders. They don't.

A lot can change with a lot of season left.

EC8CH
10-10-2022, 09:08 PM
Isn’t UND next weekend?

You're thinking of the Red Birds, not the peace doves.

G_Funky
10-10-2022, 09:16 PM
Its funny that there's all this talk about moving to the FBS but then when a formidable FCS team comes up on the schedule a whole heap of folks predict a double digit loss.

mtoutfitter
10-10-2022, 09:20 PM
Its funny that there's all this talk about moving to the FBS but then when a formidable FCS team comes up on the schedule a whole heap of folks predict a double digit loss.

Find it somewhat ironic myself. By the way, I'm neither pro nor con on the whole FBS thing. I trust the folks in charge to make the right decision for the university.

steelbison
10-10-2022, 09:26 PM

The same team that gave up 3 points to a big ten school? Maybe you are a homer? But their defense is a lot better than ours. Offense is a push. My question is if we can’t stop average teams from running on us. How the hell are we going to stop SDSU? Also do you have confidence in our OC to come up with a game plan that doesn’t include 20 runs up the middle. Because last year when we played them we were running the ball down double digits and getting 2-4 yards a carry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G_Funky
10-10-2022, 09:32 PM
The same team that gave up 3 points to a big ten school? Maybe you are a homer? But their defense is a lot better than ours. Offense is a push. My question is if we can’t stop average teams from running on us. How the hell are we going to stop SDSU? Also do you have confidence in our OC to come up with a game plan that doesn’t include 20 runs up the middle. Because last year when we played them we were running the ball down double digits and getting 2-4 yards a carry.

Iowa's offense is a dumpster fire.

However, I'm not critiquing people for predicting a Bison loss. Any logical fan can conclude the Bison are in for a dogfight. My statement is more towards the crew that is constantly hollering about playing pud teams and that we need to move up, but then when a good team shows up they start predicting a big loss.

Kevin
10-10-2022, 10:03 PM

Well, in this case if we're moving up they would/should be as well. Little brother is really our only "peer" outside of Montana at this point now that JMU and Jacksonville State (FL) are gone.

JackJD
10-10-2022, 10:14 PM
Okay, Bisonville regulars: now you're just trying to screw around with the Jacks fans. Deep down, none of you think your team will lose. The give-away? I just read a post in which the word "formidable" was used in reference to the game. Now I know that less than one percent of the posters in this thread know what formidable means and fewer than that could have spelled it without using a dictionary. So, Nice try.

We know the Bison will be ready to play. So will the Jacks. This game has the potential to be a great football game. Both teams have their strengths along with a few week spots but overall, both teams know how to win and want to win. The '22 version of the Bison may not be the best Bison team but I don't doubt it is good enough to win at Frisco again. You've been keeping an eye on the Jacks and we'll come into the game as underdogs in many minds -- but our team, just like the Bison, will come in convinced they can win.

The Bison are going to run into a defense that at times is a machine. Our defense is smart, well-coached, experienced, deep, and makes few mistakes. I think your quarterback will be hurried-up and harassed a great deal of the time. Your offensive line has its work cut out -- I don't doubt your line can rise to the occasion but I think they're going to take a pounding all afternoon. Your O-line is going to find our four-man front is quicker than they look on video. We're very deep at linebacker and the leader of the linebacking group, Adam Bock -- in terms of effectiveness and generally raising hell with any Bison who dares to enter Bock territory-- will remind you of some of the best linebackers wearing Bison green and yellow I've watched over the years. And I think our defensive backfield may be the strongest and deepest we've had in the D-1 era.

Our offense has steadily improved each game. Isiah Davis it probably back to his pre-injury production and he's having fun. In Saturday's game against USD, Davis showed off his ability to shed tacklers and would-be tacklers. He flattens and drags people. The QB, Gronowski, is all healed up and playing with confidence. I've thought the coaches have had the reins a little tight on him (we haven't had to use all of the plays yet) but I expect the playbook will be fully open on Saturday, the reins tossed off, and Gronowski given the go-ahead to travel at will. I think the top-notch mechanical engineering student can have a career game in Fargo.

If rumors about the return of Tucker Kraft are true, it'll add a dimension to our offense they we haven't seen this year. Kraft was injured in the opening few minutes of the Iowa game. Pro scouts continually compare Kraft to Dallas Goedert.

The Jacks group needing to improve is special teams. We've been prone to make mistakes. But, we're seeing improvement. We know the Bison will give the Jacks their toughest fight on special teams this season.

I expect to see your offense to come out of the doldrums and shut up their detractors. The Jacks will be a hard defense to do that against but I think that may be the ballgame: Can the Jacks defense dominate the Bison offense? I'm predicting the game stats will show a close contest but the final score will be SDSU 28, NDSU 14.

I'll show myself out.

Kevin
10-10-2022, 10:19 PM
Okay, Bisonville regulars: now you're just trying to screw around with the Jacks fans. Deep down, none of you think your team will lose. The give-away? I just read a post in which the word "formidable" was used in reference to the game. Now I know that less than one percent of the posters in this thread know what formidable means and fewer than that could have spelled it without using a dictionary. So, Nice try.

We know the Bison will be ready to play. So will the Jacks. This game has the potential to be a great football game. Both teams have their strengths along with a few week spots but overall, both teams know how to win and want to win. The '22 version of the Bison may not be the best Bison team but I don't doubt it is good enough to win at Frisco again. You've been keeping an eye on the Jacks and we'll come into the game as underdogs in many minds -- but our team, just like the Bison, will come in convinced they can win.

The Bison are going to run into a defense that at times is a machine. Our defense is smart, well-coached, experienced, deep, and makes few mistakes. I think your quarterback will be hurried-up and harassed a great deal of the time. Your offensive line has its work cut out -- I don't doubt your line can rise to the occasion but I think they're going to take a pounding all afternoon. Your O-line is going to find our four-man front is quicker than they look on video. We're very deep at linebacker and the leader of the linebacking group, Adam Bock -- in terms of effectiveness and generally raising hell with any Bison who dares to enter Bock territory-- will remind you of some of the best linebackers wearing Bison green and yellow I've watched over the years. And I think our defensive backfield may be the strongest and deepest we've had in the D-1 era.

Our offense has steadily improved each game. Isiah Davis it probably back to his pre-injury production and he's having fun. In Saturday's game against USD, Davis showed off his ability to shed tacklers and would-be tacklers. He flattens and drags people. The QB, Gronowski, is all healed up and playing with confidence. I've thought the coaches have had the reins a little tight on him (we haven't had to use all of the plays yet) but I expect the playbook will be fully open on Saturday, the reins tossed off, and Gronowski given the go-ahead to travel at will. I think the top-notch mechanical engineering student can have a career game in Fargo.

If rumors about the return of Tucker Kraft are true, it'll add a dimension to our offense they we haven't seen this year. Kraft was injured in the opening few minutes of the Iowa game. Pro scouts continually compare Kraft to Dallas Goedert.

The Jacks group needing to improve is special teams. We've been prone to make mistakes. But, we're seeing improvement. We know the Bison will give the Jacks their toughest fight on special teams this season.

I expect to see your offense to come out of the doldrums and shut up their detractors. The Jacks will be a hard defense to do that against but I think that may be the ballgame: Can the Jacks defense dominate the Bison offense? I'm predicting the game stats will show a close contest but the final score will be SDSU 28, NDSU 14.

I'll show myself out.

no way i'm reading all that shit bro i'm gonna wait for scottie to summarize it into 140 or less.

56BISON73
10-10-2022, 10:23 PM

Winning has nothing to do with moving up. ex Kennisaw

Professor Chaos
10-10-2022, 10:25 PM

I agree that the SDSU's defense is quite a bit better than the NDSU defense but you're really giving their offense some leash saying the offenses are a push. NDSU averages 9 more points per game, 55 more total yards per game, 1.8 yards more yards per carry, and is 16 points better in team passing efficiency. SDSU has had a tougher schedule thus far but those are pretty big differences. I think NDSU is clearly the better offensive team.

The problem is when NDSU's offense is on the field their strength (running the ball) is also the strength of the SDSU defense. On the other side when SDSU's offense is on the field their strength (running the ball) is the weakness of the NDSU defense.

ndsubison1
10-10-2022, 11:16 PM
NDSU favored by 3.5 on 5Dimes

THEsocalledfan
10-10-2022, 11:48 PM
I agree that the SDSU's defense is quite a bit better than the NDSU defense but you're really giving their offense some leash saying the offenses are a push. NDSU averages 9 more points per game, 55 more total yards per game, 1.8 yards more yards per carry, and is 16 points better in team passing efficiency. SDSU has had a tougher schedule thus far but those are pretty big differences. I think NDSU is clearly the better offensive team.

The problem is when NDSU's offense is on the field their strength (running the ball) is also the strength of the SDSU defense. On the other side when SDSU's offense is on the field their strength (running the ball) is the weakness of the NDSU defense.

This is exactly why I was a little excited by the ending of Indiana St. NDSU showed legit ability to throw the ball. Tyler R. is going to have a tricky challenge of not being afraid to mix in first down throws, while not getting away from the NDSU bread and butter. Key will be throwing on first downs to loosen up the defense and then opening up all the options.

NDSUBowler
10-10-2022, 11:55 PM

I'll show myself out.
Gtfo only we can predict our team’s demise!!

Professor Chaos
10-11-2022, 12:16 AM
Gtfo only we can predict our team’s demise!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVgbFttx-6I

CAS4127
10-11-2022, 12:42 AM
Listened (or at least tried to) Entz’s presser. Once again, he and his group of coaches are over-coaching and over thinking. Just let your players make plays a bit, although I’m not sure we have the LBs to actually do that. Nonetheless, Entz and staff are back to their controlling/over-analyzing ways.

GreenfieldBison
10-11-2022, 01:22 AM
okay, bisonville regulars: Now you're just trying to screw around with the jacks fans. Deep down, none of you think your team will lose. The give-away? I just read a post in which the word "formidable" was used in reference to the game. Now i know that less than one percent of the posters in this thread know what formidable means and fewer than that could have spelled it without using a dictionary. So, nice try.

We know the bison will be ready to play. So will the jacks. This game has the potential to be a great football game. Both teams have their strengths along with a few week spots but overall, both teams know how to win and want to win. The '22 version of the bison may not be the best bison team but i don't doubt it is good enough to win at frisco again. You've been keeping an eye on the jacks and we'll come into the game as underdogs in many minds -- but our team, just like the bison, will come in convinced they can win.

The bison are going to run into a defense that at times is a machine. Our defense is smart, well-coached, experienced, deep, and makes few mistakes. I think your quarterback will be hurried-up and harassed a great deal of the time. Your offensive line has its work cut out -- i don't doubt your line can rise to the occasion but i think they're going to take a pounding all afternoon. Your o-line is going to find our four-man front is quicker than they look on video. We're very deep at linebacker and the leader of the linebacking group, adam bock -- in terms of effectiveness and generally raising hell with any bison who dares to enter bock territory-- will remind you of some of the best linebackers wearing bison green and yellow i've watched over the years. And i think our defensive backfield may be the strongest and deepest we've had in the d-1 era.

Our offense has steadily improved each game. Isiah davis it probably back to his pre-injury production and he's having fun. In saturday's game against usd, davis showed off his ability to shed tacklers and would-be tacklers. He flattens and drags people. The qb, gronowski, is all healed up and playing with confidence. I've thought the coaches have had the reins a little tight on him (we haven't had to use all of the plays yet) but i expect the playbook will be fully open on saturday, the reins tossed off, and gronowski given the go-ahead to travel at will. I think the top-notch mechanical engineering student can have a career game in fargo.

If rumors about the return of tucker kraft are true, it'll add a dimension to our offense they we haven't seen this year. Kraft was injured in the opening few minutes of the iowa game. Pro scouts continually compare kraft to dallas goedert.

The jacks group needing to improve is special teams. We've been prone to make mistakes. But, we're seeing improvement. We know the bison will give the jacks their toughest fight on special teams this season.

I expect to see your offense to come out of the doldrums and shut up their detractors. The jacks will be a hard defense to do that against but i think that may be the ballgame: Can the jacks defense dominate the bison offense? I'm predicting the game stats will show a close contest but the final score will be sdsu 28, ndsu 14.

I'll show myself out.

tldr - - -

(what that means is if you need that much verbiage to explain it then the jackoffs gonna lose. Bro.)

CAS4127
10-11-2022, 01:29 AM
tldr - - -

(what that means is if you need that much verbiage to explain it then the jackoffs gonna lose. Bro.)

It’s called social media, and anyone and everyone has a voice—including stupid people who shouldn’t have one.

Bison03
10-11-2022, 03:36 AM

I dont think either team’s schedule has been that tough. NDSU opponents are 10-23 and SDSU opponents are 10-22.

SDbison
10-11-2022, 03:57 AM
Its funny that there's all this talk about moving to the FBS but then when a formidable FCS team comes up on the schedule a whole heap of folks predict a double digit loss. Well, Entz and his coaching staff have not done much with recruiting and player development over the past few years! Sure lots of players went to NFL, but the well is drying up. And the offensive creativity is non existent. I think all the coaching changes are starting to have an effect and not sure if this team overall is talented enough, or has the drive of teams during the past 11 years.

El_Chapo
10-11-2022, 11:05 AM
of course tucker lane is playing. its their super bowl. the late night joosing' has already begun.

Entz recruiting has been dismal last 2-3 years, I've told you this and warned you.

name 1 Fr/So STAR we have right now. zero!

time to transfer portal next year or step it up

Professor Chaos
10-11-2022, 01:31 PM
I dont think either team’s schedule has been that tough. NDSU opponents are 10-23 and SDSU opponents are 10-22.
SOS is more than just W/L record especially this early in the season. USD and UC Davis are a combined 2-8 but have the #1 and #3 toughest schedules so far in the FCS. SDSU's tougher FCS non-con (UC Davis) was better than NDSU's tougher non-con (NC A&T) and SDSU's FBS game (Iowa) was tougher than NDSU's FBS game. You could also argue Missouri St was tougher than YSU but that's debatable. Massey (https://masseyratings.com/cf2022/fcs/ratings) has SDSU's SOS at #13 and NDSU's at #41 (which is probably higher than most would think).

mtoutfitter
10-11-2022, 01:43 PM
of course tucker lane is playing. its their super bowl. the late night joosing' has already begun.

Entz recruiting has been dismal last 2-3 years, I've told you this and warned you.

Recruiting is bad now? According to your vaunted "Recruiting Star System", the top 6 all time recuits have come in the last 3 yrs. One in 19, One in 20 and the other 4 in 22. Believe that would be in the last 3 yrs. So using those figures how is that "Dismal"?

Hammerhead
10-11-2022, 02:08 PM
SOS is more than just W/L record especially this early in the season. USD and UC Davis are a combined 2-8 but have the #1 and #3 toughest schedules so far in the FCS. SDSU's tougher FCS non-con (UC Davis) was better than NDSU's tougher non-con (NC A&T) and SDSU's FBS game (Iowa) was tougher than NDSU's FBS game. You could also argue Missouri St was tougher than YSU but that's debatable. Massey (https://masseyratings.com/cf2022/fcs/ratings) has SDSU's SOS at #13 and NDSU's at #41 (which is probably higher than most would think).

Sagarin has SDSU's schedule slightly tougher than NDSU's. Interestingly both teams have had the easiest schedule among MVFC teams so far according to Sagarin.
College Football 2022 through games of October 8 Saturday
RATING W L SCHEDL(RANK) VS top 10 | VS top 30 | PREDICTOR | GOLDEN_MEAN | RECENT
HOME ADVANTAGE=[ 2.10] [ 2.09] [ 2.12] [ 2.03]
77 North Dakota State AA = 67.75 5 1 49.26( 172) 0 0 | 0 0 | 67.10 81 | 69.67 68 | 66.08 81 MISSOURI VALLEY
85 South Dakota State AA = 67.01 5 1 50.39( 168) 0 0 | 0 0 | 66.04 87 | 67.69 82 | 66.08 82 MISSOURI VALLEY
112 Southern Illinois AA = 61.58 4 2 57.47( 139) 0 0 | 0 0 | 59.61 119 | 60.49 115 | 61.60 103 MISSOURI VALLEY
126 North Dakota AA = 57.37 4 2 56.98( 142) 0 0 | 0 0 | 53.71 144 | 55.95 133 | 58.01 123 MISSOURI VALLEY
137 Northern Iowa AA = 55.13 2 4 55.99( 147) 0 0 | 0 0 | 54.55 135 | 56.89 128 | 52.01 144 MISSOURI VALLEY
142 Illinois State AA = 54.33 3 2 52.46( 155) 0 0 | 0 1 | 52.66 151 | 54.12 141 | 52.83 138 MISSOURI VALLEY
143 Missouri State AA = 54.23 2 4 60.25( 124) 0 0 | 0 0 | 54.36 138 | 55.58 136 | 50.85 152 MISSOURI VALLEY
145 Youngstown State AA = 54.05 2 3 53.50( 151) 0 0 | 0 0 | 51.59 157 | 52.01 153 | 53.95 132 MISSOURI VALLEY
152 South Dakota AA = 53.24 1 4 67.47( 66) 0 0 | 0 1 | 52.70 150 | 54.27 139 | 50.29 153 MISSOURI VALLEY
178 Indiana State AA = 46.55 1 4 62.65( 109) 0 0 | 0 1 | 43.40 185 | 45.35 179 | 45.42 171 MISSOURI VALLEY
200 Western Illinois AA = 40.02 0 5 59.88( 126) 0 0 | 0 1 | 40.28 194 | 41.54 195 | 34.80 206 MISSOURI VALLEY

Professor Chaos
10-11-2022, 02:32 PM
Sagarin has SDSU's schedule slightly tougher than NDSU's. Interestingly both teams have had the easiest schedule among MVFC teams so far according to Sagarin.
College Football 2022 through games of October 8 Saturday
RATING W L SCHEDL(RANK) VS top 10 | VS top 30 | PREDICTOR | GOLDEN_MEAN | RECENT
HOME ADVANTAGE=[ 2.10] [ 2.09] [ 2.12] [ 2.03]
77 North Dakota State AA = 67.75 5 1 49.26( 172) 0 0 | 0 0 | 67.10 81 | 69.67 68 | 66.08 81 MISSOURI VALLEY
85 South Dakota State AA = 67.01 5 1 50.39( 168) 0 0 | 0 0 | 66.04 87 | 67.69 82 | 66.08 82 MISSOURI VALLEY
112 Southern Illinois AA = 61.58 4 2 57.47( 139) 0 0 | 0 0 | 59.61 119 | 60.49 115 | 61.60 103 MISSOURI VALLEY
126 North Dakota AA = 57.37 4 2 56.98( 142) 0 0 | 0 0 | 53.71 144 | 55.95 133 | 58.01 123 MISSOURI VALLEY
137 Northern Iowa AA = 55.13 2 4 55.99( 147) 0 0 | 0 0 | 54.55 135 | 56.89 128 | 52.01 144 MISSOURI VALLEY
142 Illinois State AA = 54.33 3 2 52.46( 155) 0 0 | 0 1 | 52.66 151 | 54.12 141 | 52.83 138 MISSOURI VALLEY
143 Missouri State AA = 54.23 2 4 60.25( 124) 0 0 | 0 0 | 54.36 138 | 55.58 136 | 50.85 152 MISSOURI VALLEY
145 Youngstown State AA = 54.05 2 3 53.50( 151) 0 0 | 0 0 | 51.59 157 | 52.01 153 | 53.95 132 MISSOURI VALLEY
152 South Dakota AA = 53.24 1 4 67.47( 66) 0 0 | 0 1 | 52.70 150 | 54.27 139 | 50.29 153 MISSOURI VALLEY
178 Indiana State AA = 46.55 1 4 62.65( 109) 0 0 | 0 1 | 43.40 185 | 45.35 179 | 45.42 171 MISSOURI VALLEY
200 Western Illinois AA = 40.02 0 5 59.88( 126) 0 0 | 0 1 | 40.28 194 | 41.54 195 | 34.80 206 MISSOURI VALLEY
Fair enough... pretty close then. I had forgot about WIU dragging down SDSU's SOS. In any case I think NDSU's offense has been clearly superior to SDSU's offense so far this year - we'll see if that keeps up on Saturday since NDSU's offense is facing a tougher defense than SDSU's offense will be.

THEsocalledfan
10-11-2022, 03:25 PM
Fair enough... pretty close then. I had forgot about WIU dragging down SDSU's SOS. In any case I think NDSU's offense has been clearly superior to SDSU's offense so far this year - we'll see if that keeps up on Saturday since NDSU's offense is facing a tougher defense than SDSU's offense will be.

I have a buddy who played for SDSU who is really dogging their offense. He thinks they will have trouble scoring. The problem, from my view, is what their offense is good at, power running and hitting passes over the middle, is what NDSU defense is terrible at....

southcliffbison
10-11-2022, 03:59 PM

Even if the Bison lose, one game on the schedule does not define a program. Jacks are maybe (and that's a BIG maybe) better this year........big frickin' deal !!!!! JMU, SHSU, et al all lost games the season before they moved up. Does a program have to go undefeated for 5 consecutive years before they move up?

Hammerhead
10-11-2022, 04:01 PM
Even if the Bison lose, one game on the schedule does not define a program. Jacks are maybe (and that's a BIG maybe) better this year........big frickin' deal !!!!! JMU, SHSU, et al all lost games the season before they moved up. Does a program have to go undefeated for 5 consecutive years before they move up?

It's not like SDSU hasn't won in the regular season before. It's more fun looking forward to a game wondering if your team will win compared to wondering how big the lead will be at halftime.

Rixen
10-11-2022, 04:04 PM
I have a buddy who played for SDSU who is really dogging their offense. He thinks they will have trouble scoring. The problem, from my view, is what their offense is good at, power running and hitting passes over the middle, is what NDSU defense is terrible at....

Others have said it as well, but 100% this.

I think the teams are pretty similarly talented (losing Gindorff and them getting Kraft back is a big hit though). I just think the strengths and weaknesses matchup is where the "pessimistic" NDSU fan predictions are coming in. I'd much rather face a pocket pass team. Davis is going to have a field day against us and if Tucker Kraft is healthy he might too against our LBs and DTs. Davis and Kraft are strong boys and our iffy tackling and weakness up the middle of the front 7 is a bad matchup.

It's pretty straight forward in my opinion:
Offenses are a push (I genuinely think the only offensive position advantage we have is perhaps OL. RB and QB is a push. They definitely have the TE and WR edge)
Defense goes to SDSU (Maybe our secondaries are a push but LB and DL almost certainly goes to them)

They limit our run game and don't have to worry about the pass. We'll struggle to limit their run game and they have better receiving threats for us to worry about. Am I just negative or why is this a controversial take?

steelbison
10-11-2022, 04:29 PM

No. But Entz and Roehl have t been that successful vs SDSU. They beat us Saturday and that’s a bad trend unfortunately

southcliffbison
10-11-2022, 04:47 PM
No. But Entz and Roehl have t been that successful vs SDSU. They beat us Saturday and that’s a bad trend unfortunately

I don't like that trend either. Nobody does.

ndsubison1
10-11-2022, 04:57 PM

I think the teams are pretty similarly talented (losing Gindorff and them getting Kraft back is a big hit though). I just think the strengths and weaknesses matchup is where the "pessimistic" NDSU fan predictions are coming in. I'd much rather face a pocket pass team. Davis is going to have a field day against us and if Tucker Kraft is healthy he might too against our LBs and DTs. Davis and Kraft are strong boys and our iffy tackling and weakness up the middle of the front 7 is a bad matchup.

Offenses are a push (I genuinely think the only offensive position advantage we have is perhaps OL. RB and QB is a push. They definitely have the TE and WR edge)
Defense goes to SDSU (Maybe our secondaries are a push but LB and DL almost certainly goes to them)

They limit our run game and don't have to worry about the pass. We'll struggle to limit their run game and they have better receiving threats for us to worry about. Am I just negative or why is this a controversial take?

SDSU is indeed the better team as of today. They are better at stopping the run, and their offense should have more success I would assume. Theyll have a trick play up their sleeve. I predicted us yesterday, but thinking SDSU now.

THEsocalledfan
10-11-2022, 05:56 PM

I bolded the opportunity. NDSU needs to throw to open up the run. They do that, they can hang in this game.

Rixen
10-11-2022, 06:19 PM
I bolded the opportunity. NDSU needs to throw to open up the run. They do that, they can hang in this game.

Agreed. That feels like the key to victory. Passing game needs to come alive and defense needs to tackle. I still don't think the middle of the D will be stout but let's at least tackle reliably.

Hammerhead
10-11-2022, 06:28 PM

That's why there is no game film of Cole Payton throwing the ball so they won't know how to defend him.

THEsocalledfan
10-11-2022, 07:36 PM
That's why there is no game film of Cole Payton throwing the ball so they won't know how to defend him.

I know that was in jest, but Cam can do it. I was very, very pleased with his second half last week and we are seeing the receivers start to get open. We all know they are going to be stacking the box....make them pay on first down! Then, run and second and third down.

I remember the 2015 game so well. SDSU was selling out run, and Carson literally carved them up like a steak knife.

Hammerhead
10-11-2022, 07:51 PM
I know that was in jest, but Cam can do it. I was very, very pleased with his second half last week and we are seeing the receivers start to get open. We all know they are going to be stacking the box....make them pay on first down! Then, run and second and third down.

I remember the 2015 game so well. SDSU was selling out run, and Carson literally carved them up like a steak knife.

As someone else noted, Cam's passing has improved to where he's more of a passing threat and above average running QB.

GreenfieldBison
10-11-2022, 08:28 PM

I was thinking at the start of last Saturday how disappointed I was in #0. I was thinking if only he had fifteen or twenty more lbs on his frame Cam could just throw 50-50 balls a couple feet over his head and let him go get em. And then...

Also yes, Cam was placing some pretty nice balls throughout the game. His receivers let him down in the first half with their stone hands but came through in the end.

17>1
10-11-2022, 08:57 PM
I never pick against the Bison and I’m not starting this week. Bison find a way to get a stop when we need it and pull out a close one.

Bison 24
Bunnies 23

Go Bison!

TAILG8R
10-11-2022, 10:13 PM
https://i.imgur.com/LwCVRnd.gif

El_Chapo
10-11-2022, 11:05 PM
ITS OFFICIAL NOW:

LEEVON PERRY

"Flight booked, hotel booked, catch me at the NDSU Vs SDSU game this weekend in Fargo ���� #CODEGREEN"

Pregame Lockerroom Speaker secured

Mortgage x 2 on NDSU -3

oldmantutters
10-11-2022, 11:32 PM
Bunnies 31
Bison 14

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

B.Schlossman Fan Club
10-12-2022, 02:04 AM
SDSU chokes in big games yet they still seem to find a way to win this rivalry game. The Bison are a much different team against Arizona and will get pumped up for this game. Bison will pull it off 35-24! Then we roll on to a number 1 seed!!!

B.Schlossman Fan Club
10-12-2022, 02:07 AM

Only thing we are getting out of the transfer portal are skill position players. We are not going to find a decent dline or linebacker in the portal. Maybe a good receiver….

And this should be our super bowl too! A sold out crowd expects is because this is the game they actually want to see! Can’t let them down!

SDbison
10-12-2022, 02:24 AM
ITS OFFICIAL NOW:

LEEVON PERRY

"Flight booked, hotel booked, catch me at the NDSU Vs SDSU game this weekend in Fargo ���� #CODEGREEN"

Mortgage x 2 on NDSU -3 Does Leevon have any eligibility left?

SDbison
10-12-2022, 02:29 AM
https://i.imgur.com/LwCVRnd.gif I forgot what it looks like to have a Bison D line player in the backfield making a tackle during a run!

blackdiamond2
10-12-2022, 02:58 AM
[QUOTE=B.Schlossman Fan Club;1588085]Only thing we are getting out of the transfer portal are skill position players. We are not going to find a decent dline or linebacker in the portal. Maybe a good receiver…./QUOTE]

This is not accurate ---We got two defensive line transfers from Mankato that contributed heavily Bradean Thomas and Buetow in 2020. We should be raiding the NSIC as their are players that can help us.

ByeSonBusiness
10-12-2022, 03:06 AM
ITS OFFICIAL NOW:

LEEVON PERRY

Mortgage x 2 on NDSU -3

Leevon Perry murdered their running back in....2011?

bisoneer
10-12-2022, 03:13 AM
Well its at the Fgo Dome so that should be worth 7. If Sproles and Weisnewski (can someone explain why they practice but dont play, if I had a roster spot I would play or go into the portal and move down to DII or something, if you think the draft is going to take you after playing 2 years ago think again) play 30 downs or so we should win. If it rains and cant be in the field I will be there, if its nice outside I will rake leaves or drive my mustang to a bar and watch the end on TV if we are ahead. We need the marker back really badly so our guys should AND BETTER BE DAMN WELL BE FIRED UP and play above their level so far this year OR I AM NOT RENEWING MY TICKETS NEXT YEAR AS ITS BEEN OVER 10 YEARS OF MEMBERSHIP AND I NEED MORE PAYBACK.

HerdBot
10-12-2022, 03:21 AM
I'm excited this one will be awesome

El_Chapo
10-12-2022, 04:02 AM
I know Bohl, Klieman and now Entz LOVE to defer and have our defense out there......and getting the crowd on their feet right from the start is important..

but i'm hoping sdsu wins the toss and defers and WE RAM THE THROAT RIGHT DOWN THERE ASSES

steelbison
10-12-2022, 04:26 AM

When has Roehl ever tried anything but running on 1st and 2nd down. I agree with the above. As Successful as we are at running the ball play action and the TE down the Middle should be open a lot. Problem is can’t remember the last time I have seen that.

ByeSonBusiness
10-12-2022, 06:04 AM
I know Bohl, Klieman and now Entz LOVE to defer and have our defense out there......and getting the crowd on their feet right from the start is important..

but i'm hoping sdsu wins the toss and defers and WE RAM THE THROAT RIGHT DOWN THERE ASSES

Basically every coach defers.

gavin2126
10-12-2022, 08:57 AM

Hmmmm....I've heard of ramming it down their throats and I've heard of shoving it up their asses, but I've never heard of ramming the throats down their asses. Sounds like some weird fetish the kids are into now days.

I'm gonna need you to specify whether you are talking about ramming our throats down their asses or ramming their own throats down their asses before I decide if I can behind this idea.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

bruinbison
10-12-2022, 11:11 AM

Tucker Lane is playing???
Cool breaking news story!!!

https://gobison.com/sports/football/roster/lane-tucker/17518

Recruiting is bad now? According to your vaunted "Recruiting Star System", the top 6 all time recruits have come in the last 3 yrs. One in 19, One in 20 and the other 4 in 22. Believe that would be in the last 3 yrs. So using those figures how is that "Dismal"?

El Chapo smoked……

:biggrin:

……again

https://247sports.com/college/north-dakota-state/Article/Bison-Football-staff-off-to-their-best-recruiting-startever-189265078/

BiZon22
10-12-2022, 03:26 PM
If we can’t beat Arizona we have absolutely no shot against sdsu. This isn’t going to be a pretty game I fear.

NDSUBowler
10-12-2022, 03:30 PM
Love everyone acting like Arizona was a bad loss. Yeah we should have beaten them and I am disappointed we didn't, but they are equal to NDSU in all the computer rankings and NDSU was on the road.

That does not mean SDSU is going to stomp NDSU here, but hey, I know Bisonville always thinks the sky is falling.

ndsubison1
10-12-2022, 03:37 PM
Jacks havent played in a loud Dome environment since December 2018. Bison Nation you know what to do.

Professor Chaos
10-12-2022, 03:39 PM
I'm not confident the Bison win but the predictions for a 14+ point loss are pretty out there. The last time NDSU lost a home game by 14 or more was against UNI in 2009. It's very unlikely this is a lopsided game in either direction.

Hammerhead
10-12-2022, 03:51 PM
It just seems like we should have kept going in the 4th quarter like the Kansas State game.

Love everyone acting like Arizona was a bad loss. Yeah we should have beaten them and I am disappointed we didn't, but they are equal to NDSU in all the computer rankings and NDSU was on the road.

That does not mean SDSU is going to stomp NDSU here, but hey, I know Bisonville always thinks the sky is falling.

El_Chapo
10-12-2022, 04:51 PM
Tucker Lane is playing???
Cool breaking news story!!!

https://gobison.com/sports/football/roster/lane-tucker/17518

El Chapo smoked……

:biggrin:

……again

https://247sports.com/college/north-dakota-state/Article/Bison-Football-staff-off-to-their-best-recruiting-startever-189265078/

when no one on your top 22 positions is a Soph or Fresh its a tad worrisome. or even in your top 2 positions on offense on depth chart.
oh and we just lost Larkin a 3 star. (he will enjoy Kansas State)

BACK to SDSU..

just win this freakin game handily & play 1 complete game NDSU thats all I ask

THEsocalledfan
10-12-2022, 05:45 PM
I'm not confident the Bison win but the predictions for a 14+ point loss are pretty out there. The last time NDSU lost a home game by 14 or more was against UNI in 2009. It's very unlikely this is a lopsided game in either direction.

I'm thinking 10 or so on the loss. Could go higher is NDSU keeps on coughing up the ball.

Professor Chaos
10-12-2022, 05:57 PM
I'm thinking 10 or so on the loss. Could go higher is NDSU keeps on coughing up the ball.
That's fair... even in that ugly spring 2021 season with the skeleton crew of a team the Bison had and 50% capacity in the dome it was a 10 point SDSU win (and was a 3 point game late).

Early in the week I was in the SDSU by 7-10 boat but, as I expected, as we get closer to game day I'm getting more and more convinced that the Bison are going to play well on Saturday and show us they're the team we thought they were going into the season. Should be a fun one to be in the stands for at least - should be a packed house with crowd participation at playoff levels.

El_Chapo
10-12-2022, 07:56 PM
just sold 4 tickets over $100 each & saw 4 get sold at $150 each. the game should be the best environment at the dome this season by a landslide, lets hope people stand up and scream .

Over/Under on trick plays by stiggy set at 3.5

TransAmBison
10-12-2022, 08:26 PM
just sold 4 tickets over $100 each & saw 4 get sold at $150 each. the game should be the best environment at the dome this season by a landslide, lets hope people stand up and scream .

Over/Under on trick plays by stiggy set at 3.5Under. My guess is one if any.

CoachFSCB
10-12-2022, 08:31 PM
If SDSU is trailing heading into the fourth quarter, what's the over/under on Bunny leg cramps to rest and/or stop the clock down the stretch?

NDSUBowler
10-12-2022, 08:59 PM
If SDSU is trailing heading into the fourth quarter, what's the over/under on Bunny leg cramps to rest and/or stop the clock down the stretch?

They'll be playing like its 95 and humid out there

bisonaudit
10-12-2022, 09:05 PM

off the board

gavin2126
10-12-2022, 09:14 PM

When teams fake cramps it's usually so they can get their defense set and/or bring in subs when they're otherwise unable to against a team running hurry up. Not sure that strategy would come into play this week.

HerdThat!
10-12-2022, 09:15 PM
Just wear the green helmets, problem solved

NDSUBowler
10-12-2022, 09:20 PM

Oh shit I forgot all about those...NDSU better be rocking yellow unis and harvest helmets this week.

semobison
10-12-2022, 09:36 PM

Agree with this, need to get their defense guessing…off balance….on their heels!

Our defense need to toughen up…play physical…fly around!

We lose this one at home…against these guys….again….I don’t care how many Natty’s we won…they own us!

El_Chapo
10-12-2022, 09:48 PM

23-0 in the harvest helmets?

CAS4127
10-12-2022, 10:31 PM

They do this as you mention, and also have a unique tendency to have “hurt” players whenever we have momentum on O or D. On the latter, they do it as an attempt to take the crowd/us fans out. It’s like clockwork for them and even other teams in big games. It’s also pathetic “sportsmanship” and I despise it. Heck, we don’t even call legit/allowed timeouts under similar scenarios—>maybe we should.

El_Chapo
10-13-2022, 03:21 AM
Kraft Mother Tucker is playing. shocker. #SDSUSUPERBOWL

Bisonator98
10-13-2022, 01:33 PM
Kraft Mother Tucker is playing. shocker. #SDSUSUPERBOWL

Good I don't want to hear any excuses when we squash them......oh wait they're the :bunnyb:

ndsubison1
10-13-2022, 02:55 PM
Spread moved to a pick em at 5Dimes.

G_Funky
10-13-2022, 03:42 PM
Agree with this, need to get their defense guessing…off balance….on their heels!

Our defense need to toughen up…play physical…fly around!

We lose this one at home…against these guys….again….I don’t care how many Natty’s we won…they own us!

Nah...we live rent free in their heads. They beat us in the regular season and feel like they're on top of the world only to lose 1-2 more valley games and get bounced in the quarters or semis. Meanwhile, NDSU moves on, proceeds to win out, and hoists the natty. SDSU will cling to their victory over the Bison while NDSU adds another to the trophy case.

And in recruiting what do you think goes further? A big fake rock or a bunch of rings with real rocks?

Hammerhead
10-13-2022, 04:28 PM
23-0 in the harvest helmets?

Aren't the yellow jerseys also undefeated? I'm not sure how many times they've been worn.

semobison
10-13-2022, 06:58 PM
Nah...we live rent free in their heads. They beat us in the regular season and feel like they're on top of the world only to lose 1-2 more valley games and get bounced in the quarters or semis. Meanwhile, NDSU moves on, proceeds to win out, and hoists the natty. SDSU will cling to their victory over the Bison while NDSU adds another to the trophy case.

And in recruiting what do you think goes further? A big fake rock or a bunch of rings with real rocks?

Living in the past! We have never won a Natty giving up 150 ypg on the ground. That’s our biggest issue. Our Championship teams averaged around 100ypg.

It’s been a while since I felt this weeks game is a must win. We lose this one it’s 3 straight against the Jacks and we will be looking down the barrel at a chance for a three loss season for the first time since 2010.

That said, a win this weekend could be the springboard this team badly needs but stopping the run is a must.

SDbison
10-13-2022, 07:29 PM
Living in the past! We have never won a Natty giving up 150 ypg on the ground. That’s our biggest issue. Our Championship teams averaged around 100ypg.

It’s been a while since I felt this weeks game is a must win. We lose this one it’s 3 straight against the Jacks and we will be looking down the barrel at a chance for a three loss season for the first time since 2010.

That said, a win this weekend could be the springboard this team badly needs but stopping the run is a must. I couldn't agree more!

Grizzled
10-13-2022, 08:30 PM

That said, a win this weekend could be the springboard this team badly needs but stopping the run is a must.

I don’t see 2 other teams that can beat us and I don’t see SDSU doing it twice……once maybe. Only question is will that be now or Frisco?

semobison
10-13-2022, 10:29 PM
I don’t see 2 other teams that can beat us and I don’t see SDSU doing it twice……once maybe. Only question is will that be now or Frisco?

If we play like we have been I can see a couple more losses this year. Defense against the run needs to improve…a lot if we are going to make a run at the Natty this year!

mtoutfitter
10-13-2022, 10:38 PM
The Benchwarmers with some pretty good Stig stories on today's episode.

dewey
10-13-2022, 10:41 PM
Does anyone have an extra ticket for the game? We have some friends coming and need 1 more.

Dewey

HerdThat!
10-13-2022, 11:41 PM
While we’ve played like shit too often this season, I think Entz is a very petty person and the antics of stepping on the logo shit has him scheming more than most games to do what we fucking do: pound that ball down their ass, sweep the fucking leg, and run that score up!

FUCK EM!!!!!!!!!

Alsen
10-14-2022, 12:08 AM
Well its at the Fgo Dome so that should be worth 7. If Sproles and Weisnewski (can someone explain why they practice but dont play, if I had a roster spot I would play or go into the portal and move down to DII or something, if you think the draft is going to take you after playing 2 years ago think again) play 30 downs or so we should win. If it rains and cant be in the field I will be there, if its nice outside I will rake leaves or drive my mustang to a bar and watch the end on TV if we are ahead. We need the marker back really badly so our guys should AND BETTER BE DAMN WELL BE FIRED UP and play above their level so far this year OR I AM NOT RENEWING MY TICKETS NEXT YEAR AS ITS BEEN OVER 10 YEARS OF MEMBERSHIP AND I NEED MORE PAYBACK.

Wait,what? Wisnewieski is practicing?

CAS4127
10-14-2022, 12:36 AM
If we play like we have been I can see a couple more losses this year. Defense against the run needs to improve…a lot if we are going to make a run at the Natty this year!

Meh … there aren’t that many FCS teams that have great/formidable run games that we can’t handle/win games against. Not saying we would shut run game down, but we can likely win the game(s).

Bison03
10-14-2022, 05:33 AM
The last time the Jacks were in the dome; when they broke the window and took horns down selfies with the rock postgame on the logo; was spring 2021. Limited capacity restrictions made it so only 8,762 were at the game. Almost all of their guys have not experienced a packed dome with a sold out crazy crowd. The crowd can be a factor Saturday.

Strommer10
10-14-2022, 01:25 PM
ESPN.com article about the NDSU/SDSU rivalry from Ryan McGee this morning:
https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/34791900/north-dakota-state-south-dakota-state-tale-dakota-marker

It looks like McGee did some backroads driving for his research on the Dakota Marker:
https://twitter.com/ESPNMcGee/status/1580890857619628032

Professor Chaos
10-14-2022, 01:59 PM
https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/34791900/north-dakota-state-south-dakota-state-tale-dakota-marker

It looks like McGee did some backroads driving for his research on the Dakota Marker:
Really good article! The bit about the only regular season losses in the last two seasons being to SDSU forgets about the SIU game in spring 2021 but I'm ok with forgetting about that one and the rest of the article more than makes up for it.

You can feel the intensity that Tyler Roehl has for this game (and all games probably) just reading this.

Kujava23
10-14-2022, 02:26 PM
I didn't think it was a good article----I don't know if the author conveyed the URGENCY of winning this game

What it means

the distaste of the other school

NDSUBowler
10-14-2022, 04:15 PM
I would have expected an announcement by now if NDSU was wearing their harvest helmets. Still holding out hope!

SUPERBUNNY
10-14-2022, 05:36 PM
Wear the harvest helmets and the yellow jerseys. Don't want any excuses when we give it to you for the third year in a row!

SUPERBUNNY

NDSUBowler
10-14-2022, 05:37 PM
Wear the harvest helmets and the yellow jerseys. Don't want any excuses when we give it to you for the third year in a row!

SUPERBUNNY
ok little brother

NDSUBowler
Game is officially a sellout including all SRO tickets released today.

Mr Meaty
Game is sold out!!! It should have been sold out a long before today. Lets Go Bison!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NDSUBowler
10-14-2022, 05:46 PM
Game is sold out!!! It should have been sold out a long before today. Lets Go Bison!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The game had been sold out long before today. But then there was the release of visitor tickets and SRO today.

gavin2126
10-14-2022, 05:54 PM

Hopefully this means there will be a story on College Gameday tomorrow.

HerdThat!
10-14-2022, 05:56 PM
Hopefully this means there will be a story on College Gameday tomorrow.

Won’t be better than when that shithole hosted GameDay and we peed all over it and left with the W

stevdock
10-14-2022, 06:10 PM
I know it's rivalry week so that takes on a level of importance all by itself, but I would say this TEAM needs THIS win much more than past years. I feel this team need home field throughout the playoffs much more than other teams we've had in the past. Look at some of our teams in the past and it didn't matter where they were going to play, they were going to win no matter. This team needs to answer questions that have been posed due to play the last three weeks. This team needs to see just what they can do when they put 4 complete quarters of football together.

1660 just went thru all the stats comparing NDSU to SDSU throughout this season and I agree that NDSU holds the lead in most of them and very decisively. But this comparison also has the feel of NDSU and UND stats back in the early 90's. NDSU dominated ever stat compared to UND and it always looked like an easy win. But stats hide things, including potential issues that good teams can take advantage of. UND almost always made those games look differently on the field compared to what the stats looked like. Here's hoping NDSU can keep those same stats against SDSU.

EC8CH
10-14-2022, 06:20 PM
Won’t be better than when that shithole hosted GameDay and we peed all over it and left with the W

When cofield only needed a single yard, but he took the whole damn thing

bruinbison
10-14-2022, 06:22 PM
The game had been sold out long before today. But then there was the release of visitor tickets and SRO today.

:bunnyb: Jackrabbit Fatigue must have set in for them to not buy their allotment :bunnyb:

NDSUBowler
10-14-2022, 06:25 PM
:bunnyb: Jackrabbit Fatigue must have set in for them to not buy their allotment :bunnyb:
I should clarify that it was 'returned tickets' so I guess it could have been family tickets as well?

But eh, I'd rather just assume it was SDSU tickets because their fans all stink!

cbline
10-14-2022, 06:49 PM

Ah, urine on the field at Brookings smells like victory.

Professor Chaos
10-14-2022, 07:51 PM
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/YLCDDYYSqto/maxresdefault.jpg

Professor Chaos
10-14-2022, 07:56 PM
I know it's rivalry week so that takes on a level of importance all by itself, but I would say this TEAM needs THIS win much more than past years. I feel this team need home field throughout the playoffs much more than other teams we've had in the past. Look at some of our teams in the past and it didn't matter where they were going to play, they were going to win no matter. This team needs to answer questions that have been posed due to play the last three weeks. This team needs to see just what they can do when they put 4 complete quarters of football together.

1660 just went thru all the stats comparing NDSU to SDSU throughout this season and I agree that NDSU holds the lead in most of them and very decisively. But this comparison also has the feel of NDSU and UND stats back in the early 90's. NDSU dominated ever stat compared to UND and it always looked like an easy win. But stats hide things, including potential issues that good teams can take advantage of. UND almost always made those games look differently on the field compared to what the stats looked like. Here's hoping NDSU can keep those same stats against SDSU.
This happens every year but it's really tough to compare a "finished product" with a "work in progress". Look at where this team was at this time last year (3 games into the conference season); 6 point win @UND that frustrated Bisonville, 14 point "meh" win over UNI at home that wasn't that exciting, lackluster 20-0 win at Illinois St (that was a 10 point game late into the 4th quarter) that really frustrated Bisonville.

They have plenty of time to get things figured out just like last year's team did but, as has been discussed ad nauseum, the weakness defending the run this year is a concern that I don't ever recall being as evident with past teams.

ndsubison1
10-14-2022, 08:07 PM

SUPERBUNNY

We will be juiced up (Not Stigs Juice) in front of the crowd tomorrow. The Bison are keeping the marker home.

El_Chapo
10-14-2022, 08:40 PM

we were selling tickets for $125/ticket tues/wed and now today everyone dumping $50 tickets. WTF!! this fanbase is weird lately

NDSUBowler
10-14-2022, 08:50 PM
we were selling tickets for $125/ticket tues/wed and now today everyone dumping $50 tickets. WTF!! this fanbase is weird lately

That's simple enough to explain. Tues/Wed sellers are more in tune with the market. Sellers today are more often those who realize last second they can't go and just want to recoup their costs.

Not everyone is an opportunist like you and I!

Professor Chaos
10-14-2022, 09:57 PM
I only sell tickets over cost to UND fans.

17>1
10-14-2022, 09:57 PM
We will be juiced up (Not Stigs Juice) in front of the crowd tomorrow. The Bison are keeping the marker home.

^ This
I’m jacked up for this game! #1 vs #2, FFD is gonna be rockin’! Code Green could use some help against these guys tomorrow….let’s do our part and get loud

Go Bison!

El_Chapo
10-14-2022, 10:36 PM
I only sell tickets over cost to UND fans.

why would you sell ANY to them. who are you. the ndsu ticket exchange on Facebook? she said she doesnt care if sdsu or und fans buy. bahaha. wow. the worst page on fbook?

HerdThat!
10-14-2022, 11:11 PM
why would you sell ANY to them. who are you. the ndsu ticket exchange on Facebook? she said she doesnt care if sdsu or und fans buy. bahaha. wow. the worst page on fbook?

Maybe she’s selling them the printed off copies after she gets in the Dome.
Silly rabbit, tix are for pricks

BigHorns
10-14-2022, 11:14 PM
Anyone fixing rabbit stew at their tailgate tomorrow?

NDSU92
10-14-2022, 11:20 PM
38-14 bison

Ain’t no guess

BigHorns
10-14-2022, 11:22 PM
NDSU favored by 3.5 on 5Dimes

Take the points, thats generous. Our guys will be ready for this one.

GreenfieldBison
10-15-2022, 12:28 AM
Anyone fixing rabbit stew at their tailgate tomorrow?

Should do this. Sub rabbit for the chicken.

https://youtu.be/qz8omzV1RUY

Professor Chaos
10-15-2022, 12:45 AM
Take the points, thats generous. Our guys will be ready for this one.
It's now a pick 'em.

https://madduxsports.com/college-football-lines.php

Money coming in on the wabbits apparently.

CAS4127
10-15-2022, 01:04 AM
People (Lakes) begged for competion and meaningful games. Well, here you go.

Bison03
10-15-2022, 01:56 AM
Hasn’t really felt like “home sweet dome” since before covid. The stakes are huge. Winner has the inside track to being the conference champion, auto bid, and #1 seed in the playoffs. The fans know this. Lets blow the fucking roof off the dome tomorrow!!

Alsen
10-15-2022, 02:00 AM
There is a lot of talk about a bunch of meaningless crap that doesn't really matter. What matters is that, first of all, Cole Wisniewski is 100% and playing nearly every defensive snap, and that Logan Kopp starts getting more and more playing time.

What's also important is that the coaches find someone, anyone... who can be an outstanding pass rusher. That is a huge void right now. We have good, not great pass rushers. Champion teams are not mediocre at rushing the passer.

We might just have a young TE who should be playing DE. I'm really disappointed with Tony Pierce. I thought he was ready to breakout into a dominant force this year. Reed Ryan is a huge disappointment along with Loshiaka Roques.

The defensive interior is weak. With all do reverence and respect; is Kramer getting soft in his old age?? Is Nick DeLuca the de facto S&C guy now??

For the first time in forever, our OL is significantly under-sized. What's up?

Our receiving corps isn't scaring anybody. The Bison have young talent, maybe they need to leave the comfort zone of the guys they are most familiar with and see if a couple of the younger guys might just breakout and excel. This Bison team has a disturbing dearth of All-American and All Conference talent.

Arizona already showed the world that this Bison team isn't the dominant force of year's past.

Coaches need to cowboy up and start drastically improving this team or, they should be preparing for extreme wrath.

Maybe a previous poster was right in saying that a loss at home of the Marker might just be a much needed wake up call to the team and fans alike. I really hope NOT! The AZ game was enough for me.

I get the feeling that our coaching staff is content to just prepare to win on a weekly basis; to do just enough to get by, instead of continually pushing the team and the whole staff towards being great. This is the NDSU Bison Football Tradition! An unparalleled juggernaut.

There is nothing remotely resembling, legendary, about this year's team.

It just feels like a dullness is creeping in. Like there is a slow leak somewhere and the pressure is diminishing. Somebody needs to stop the leak and amp up force.

I'm worried.....

CAS4127
10-15-2022, 02:25 AM
There is a lot of talk about a bunch of meaningless crap that doesn't really matter. What matters is that, first of all, Cole Wisniewski is 100% and playing nearly every defensive snap, and that Logan Kopp starts getting more and more playing time.

What's also important is that the coaches find someone, anyone... who can be an outstanding pass rusher. That is a huge void right now. We have good, not great pass rushers. Champion teams are not mediocre at rushing the passer.

We might just have a young TE who should be playing DE. I'm really disappointed with Tony Pierce. I thought he was ready to breakout into a dominant force this year. Reed Ryan is a huge disappointment along with Loshiaka Roques.

The defensive interior is weak. With all do reverence and respect; is Kramer getting soft in his old age?? Is Nick DeLuca the de facto S&C guy now??

Our receiving corps isn't scaring anybody. The Bison have young talent, maybe they need to leave the comfort zone of the guys they are most familiar with and see if a couple of the younger guys might just breakout and excel. This Bison team has a disturbing dearth of All-American and All Conference talent.

Arizona already showed the world that this Bison team isn't the dominant force of year's past.

Coaches need to cowboy up and start drastically improving this team or, they should be preparing for extreme wrath.

Maybe a previous poster was right in saying that a loss at home of the Marker might just be a much needed wake up call to the team and fans alike. I really hope NOT! The AZ game was enough for me.

I get the feeling that our coaching staff is content to just prepare to win on a weekly basis; to do just enough to get by, instead of continually pushing the team and the whole staff towards being great. This is the NDSU Bison Football Tradition! An unparalleled juggernaut.

It just feels like a dullness is creeping in. Like there is a slow leak somewhere and the pressure is diminishing. Somebody needs to stop the leak and amp up force.

I'm worried.....

I agree with some of what you say here. Mostly the references to not playing our best talent and coaches being soft on doing so just to make everyone feel good. It used to be about putting your best players on the field, and even switching people from O to D (flip that) if that meant getting your best players competing.

El_Chapo
10-15-2022, 03:31 AM
People (Lakes) begged for competion and meaningful games. Well, here you go.

yea? ill.be there and you owe me a beer

PlrbrBison
11-03-2023, 07:56 PM

I'm worried.....

I thought last year's SDSU thread would be a little longer and full of optimism. But its a lot like this year's.

El_Chapo
11-04-2023, 12:43 AM
I wanna see the 1st drive IS our players being TOUGH.

HIT A GUY A LITTLE HARDER, HAVE SOME ATTITUDE, SHOW THESE CLOWNS WE MEAN BUSINESS FROM THE 1ST WHISTLE!!

steelbison
11-04-2023, 05:01 PM
I wanna see the 1st drive IS our players being TOUGH.

HIT A GUY A LITTLE HARDER, HAVE SOME ATTITUDE, SHOW THESE CLOWNS WE MEAN BUSINESS FROM THE 1ST WHISTLE!!

Sorry we are soft on defense. Haven’t seen that type of play in a couple years.

El_Chapo
11-05-2023, 02:59 AM
Sorry we are soft on defense. Haven’t seen that type of play in a couple years.

so much softness. even when we wanted to fight towards the end. entz and Kramer were pulling our guys off

let them fight!!!

Kevin
11-05-2023, 03:03 AM
so much softness. even when we wanted to fight towards the end. entz and Kramer were pulling our guys off

let them fight!!!

delete some pm's lakes.

El_Chapo
11-05-2023, 03:05 AM
delete some pm's lakes.

fuck u im.popular