PDA

View Full Version : Arizona Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Pages : [1] 2

Kevin
09-18-2022, 06:10 AM
Going to break tradition here. It’s too late and my thoughts are all pretty negative. This loss is on Entz and Roehl firmly. Undisciplined and head scratching calls (never should have punted at the end there). No meaningful half time adjustments. That’s entirely on the coaches.

There’s at least one more loss on the valley schedule but I hope we learn from this like we have losses in the past.

Safe travels bros.

Kevin
09-18-2022, 06:11 AM
Seriously you punt the ball back when all they need is one first down???

Kevin
09-18-2022, 06:11 AM
Is there a new #1 in the polls?

Kevin
09-18-2022, 06:12 AM
If you don’t trust cam Miller to throw downfield then why did you get rid of Quincy?

WeAreThePride
09-18-2022, 06:12 AM
Hunter Luepke hasn’t been stopped all night, and you take the ball out of his hands in the fourth quarter.

Matt Entz has some questions to answer.

Bison03
09-18-2022, 06:13 AM
We threw the ball 12 times. 12. I get we were running it good but definitely needed to throw it more. The 4th down play we had should have been a pass.

BiZon22
09-18-2022, 06:15 AM
We will not play at home in the playoffs

yopaulie
09-18-2022, 06:16 AM
For me, the turning point was the fumble when we had 2nd and goal on the 5. I have no doubt at that point that we can run it in within 3 plays. Instead we roll out Cam and he loses it from the blind side. We would have been up 11 I believe, and would not have been a tight back and forth the rest of the way.

scottietohottie

Lmfao. Lmfao. Lmfao.

Kingslayer
If you don’t trust cam Miller to throw downfield then why did you get rid of Quincy?

Best post I've read all night!! I dont get it

taper
09-18-2022, 06:17 AM
Not sure who. Nova and Mont St had worse FBS losses today. Mont and SDSU beat cupcakes. I wouldn't argue against Missouri St but don't see enough voters doing that.

steelbison
We threw the ball 12 times. 12. I get we were running it good but definitely needed to throw it more. The 4th down play we had should have been a pass.

Yes it should have been a boot leg with run pass option. Their d ends and LBs were crashing hard. Weird. I dont think we ran a boot leg once

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kevin
The odds of luepke getting 8 yards on 4th down were AT LEAST 3x the odds of Arizona going 3 and out.

Idiots.

HerdistheWord
09-18-2022, 06:18 AM
Man, I don’t get the negativity at all. We had some bad plays at inopportune times, but Arizona also just stepped up. Both teams played hard and fast for most of the night. I would’ve like more pressure on the QB and some better tackling at the end, but it was a late game and shit happens. I don’t think this means we are a bad team by any stretch.

Kevin
09-18-2022, 06:18 AM
And for the record I’m not mad we lost. I’m mad we lost to ourselves.

Alsen
09-18-2022, 06:19 AM
Tyler Roehl is just an incredibly bad OC. It's easy to masquerade as a good OC and play caller when we are running all over bad teams, but when faced with competition in real tense situations, his head freezes and he does exactly what the defense is set up to stop.

HerdistheWord
09-18-2022, 06:19 AM
For me, the turning point was the fumble when we had 2nd and goal on the 5. I have no doubt at that point that we can run it in within 3 plays. Instead we roll out Cam and he loses it from the blind side. We would have been up 11 I believe, and would not have been a tight back and forth the rest of the way.

I don’t disagree. That was a huge momentum swing.

56BISON73
09-18-2022, 06:20 AM
Man, I don’t get the negativity at all. We had some bad plays at inopportune times, but Arizona also just stepped up. Both teams played hard and fast for most of the night. I would’ve like more pressure on the QB and some better tackling at the end, but it was a late game and shit happens. I don’t think this means we are a bad team by any stretch.

Yep, AZ played hard and FAST all game long. In a game like this you cant do what we did and win. Its really that simple.

AKBison
09-18-2022, 06:21 AM

TR really shit the bed in the 4th quarter and I don't care what the percentages say, Entz should have never punted on that last possession. Lastly, I'm not sure what's up with Cam but he had no moxy. He absolutely cost us 7 points by sliding early on that first possession. The offense looked good and the o line played well. Defense was pure garbage.

steelbison
09-18-2022, 06:21 AM
Tyler Roehl is just an incredibly bad OC. It's easy to masquerade as a good OC and play caller when we are running all over bad teams, but when faced with competition in real tense situations, his head freezes and he does exactly what the defense is set up to stop.

Exactly. Those last four plays were just plain awful. They were sending the house and we ran right into it.

JohnnyExtacy
09-18-2022, 06:22 AM
You run at will, and not 1 play action pass the last 3 drives. Brutal lack of innovation. They set the run up brilliantly and didn't play off it once

Bison03
09-18-2022, 06:22 AM
Wow, this is a bad take. Sometimes teams just make plays. TR has had pretty good success here. I get your pissed we lost, I am too. But come on. They will still be #1 in the polls, which doesn’t really matter. Conference play starts next week. Let learn and move on.

Hammerhead
09-18-2022, 06:23 AM

We lost to a decent (maybe an above average?) FBS team in a close game and some people think we'll be lucky to make the playoffs? Sure there were lots of mistakes and some strange calls, but good teams tend to make those more obvious.

HerdBot
Our offense was awesome. We almost ran for 300 and 6.3 ypc. It came down to 1 turnover and maybe 4 bad play calls. Cam sliding too early was huge. I'm glad we didn't kick the field goal. Better chance to make 2 yards than kick a long field goal. Unfortunately our pass pro was Mediocre but when you can run the ball thats ok. Would like to have seen a few well-timed play action

The defense is what it is after 3 games. Mediocre run defense. Undersized d-line. No pressure without blitzing .

Linebackers played terrible and aren't great tacklers. We need Cole Wiesnewski. Secondary was great. The stupid penalty, especially the 15 yarder was a game killer

Secondary played great given no pressure

We are good enough to make a run at a conference title but not without shoring up out run defense. South Dakota State may not have to throw a pass if we don't improve

Arizona is a good offense. The heat and jet lag played a role

Kevin
Wow, this is a bad take. Sometimes teams just make plays. TR had had pretty good success here. I get your pissed we lost, I am too. But come on. They will still be #1 in the polls, which doesn’t really matter. Conference play starts next week. Let learn and move on.

Where’s the learning bro? It’s the same mistakes that have plagued us since klieman left.

JohnnyExtacy
09-18-2022, 06:25 AM
Our offense was awesome. We almost ran for 300 and 6.3 ypc. It came down to 1 turnover and maybe 4 bad play calls. Cam sliding too early was huge.I'm glad we didn't kick the field goal. Better chance to make 2 yards than kick a long field goal. Unfortunately our pass pro was Mediocre bit when you can run the ball

The defense is what it is after 3 games. Mediocre run defense. Undersized d-line. No pressure without blitzing .

Linebackers played terrible. We need Cole Wiesnewski. Secondary was great. The stupid penalty, especially the 15 yarder was a game killer

We are good enough to make a run at a conference title but not without shoring up out run defense

The fcs is garbage. With the exception of sdsu, we won't see another good close game all year.

scottietohottie
09-18-2022, 06:26 AM
Two words sleep on it bros.

HerdBot
09-18-2022, 06:36 AM
You run at will, and not 1 play action pass the last 3 drives. Brutal lack of innovation. They set the run up brilliantly and didn't play off it once

Yeah it's shocking we could run for 10 yards a clip on a drive but can't get 2. Im cool with Payton running there but we need to get him to the edge Playaction under center would have been effective. The wheel route worked because they were ignoring the pass

That last drive was surprising we couldn't run the ball. Their defense was gassed

17>1
09-18-2022, 06:38 AM
Disappointed. Bison did not deserve to win this game.

123Gobison
09-18-2022, 06:39 AM
Tyler Roehl shit the bed like Amber Herd.

HerdThat!
09-18-2022, 06:39 AM
On the road take the points with the FG.
TR not ready to take the reins his play calling was shit and it barely survived.
POUND THE FUCKING BALL!

123Gobison
09-18-2022, 06:42 AM
Disappointed. Bison did not deserve to win this game.

Bison Offense unable to gain 2 yards in 2nd half when the opponent is tired, that is unheard of.

Kevin
09-18-2022, 06:43 AM
Cam sliding short of the first down was gutless.

Think Brock Easton or trey do that?

ByeSonBusiness
09-18-2022, 06:43 AM
I dont like bringing in a backup QB on a crucial 4th down.

Not a super well coached team. They'll win off talent. Give Arizona some credit. Thought they had folded in the second half and pulled themselves together in some big spots.

Look like a fun game for those in attendance.

CalBison97
09-18-2022, 06:47 AM
On the road take the points with the FG.
TR not ready to take the reins his play calling was shit and it barely survived.
POUND THE FUCKING BALL!

He doesn’t make that fg. He is 0-fer from that distance and beyond this year. Run bootleg on 4th and 2 with pass option.

NDSUstudent
09-18-2022, 06:50 AM

Not a super well coached team. They'll win off talent. Give Arizona some credit. Thought they had folded in the second half and pulled themselves together in some big spots.

Agreed, unless you are going to throw the ball with Payton there which they never would have expected.

El_Chapo
09-18-2022, 06:50 AM
Hunter Luepke hasn’t been stopped all night, and you take the ball out of his hands in the fourth quarter.

Matt Entz has some questions to answer.

this. wtf bro...

yopaulie
09-18-2022, 06:53 AM
And for the record I’m not mad we lost. I’m mad we lost to ourselves.

Holy buckets....did you just borrow an excuse from the Arizona excuses thread??!!

El_Chapo
09-18-2022, 06:54 AM
bench cam. start cole.Cole.. f it. do it

NDSUBowler
09-18-2022, 06:55 AM
An absolutely embarrassing loss.

Also

Ndsu will not lose a game the rest of the season.

mtoutfitter
09-18-2022, 06:56 AM

Cam is far superior to your boys Q and Zeb.

HerdBot
09-18-2022, 06:57 AM

I think it's OK if he is under center. Then they have to defend the sneak or a bootleg. I like the read option as a change up but late in the game it was obvious where it was going

123Gobison
09-18-2022, 07:03 AM

We wont get back our glory unless we replace Tyler Roehl and Grant Olson. Both great players but not good coaches.

Bison Chief
09-18-2022, 07:03 AM
bench cam. start cole.Cole.. f it. do itMan, you're all over the road. Bench Cam, start Cole... but Cole didn't get his job done either.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220918/bd84f1c9bc2a226674a5d500b70ab7d4.jpg

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

HerdBot
09-18-2022, 07:08 AM
Man, you're all over the road. Bench Cam, start Cole... but Cole didn't get his job done either.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220918/bd84f1c9bc2a226674a5d500b70ab7d4.jpg

Jalen Bussey up the middle on 1st and 10 was probably the worst call of the game. He hadn't had a carry all game and wasn't warm and is an off tackle guy. Late in the game they were tired. Bring in a power back like TMac. They didn't want to tackle him

MyOhMy
09-18-2022, 07:09 AM
We left 17-21 points on the field and gave away 14 points on 2 3rd down penalties. For all that, giving up that ridiculous 3 points at the end of the half was the difference in the game.

Portlandbison
09-18-2022, 07:09 AM
De laura being able to run shouldnt have been a surprise. Maybe we lack a cox like spy to neutralize that from Arizona? The lack of faith in a 40 yard field goal up 4 says alot. Cant commit the miller fumble in the redzone. Add it all up and we didnt deserve to win vs an average at best Arizona team.

Bison Chief
09-18-2022, 07:11 AM
Jalen Bussey up the middle on 1st and 10 was probably the worst call of the game. He hadn't had a carry all game and wasn't warm and is an off tackle guy. Late in the game they were tired. Bring in a power back like TMacI'll give you that. Play calling could have been better but that isn't on Cam. I would've liked that middle pitch to luepke in this sequence.

ZHerd
09-18-2022, 07:12 AM
Annoying we lost this but AZ is good and has some really good players and they played clean…0 turnovers I believe so congrats to them. They will win more games this year. Bison need to figure out something middle of that defense and unfortunately I just don’t think we have as much talent front 7 as some of our previous teams

23Bison
09-18-2022, 07:24 AM
If we converted on the last position, we win. It was an entertaining game I think it was a great learning experience. Arizona will be mid/upper end of the PAC 12 when it’s all said and done. That being said,

I feel like we lost to South Dakota. We had no business losing that game. Left at minimum, 13 points on the field. Fuck penalties and the fumble on the fuckn 8 yd line.

NDSUKurt
09-18-2022, 07:36 AM
My takeaways (many already stated):

1. The rollout at the 5 was a bad call. We should have been running the ball there. That cost us 7, and maybe even 14 as Arizona scored off that fumble.

2. Kick the FG. For a chance to go up by a full 7, you take it. If not, at least spread them out more.

3. Going for it on 4th down in first quarter was not necessary. Stupid decision early in the game.

4. I am using a fan of play action rollouts, but they were not working the best tonight. How about a middle screen?

5. Punting at the end of the game was the wrong call, even with in being 4th and long.

Overall this was a coaching loss, not a players loss. Having said that, we are still a top 4 FCS team.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
09-18-2022, 07:40 AM
If we converted on the last position, we win. It was an entertaining game I think it was a great learning experience. Arizona will be mid/upper end of the PAC 12 when it’s all said and done. That being said,

I feel like we lost to South Dakota. We had no business losing that game. Left at minimum, 13 points on the field. Fuck penalties and the fumble on the fuckn 8 yd line.

Don't forget that utterly stupid face mask on a failed 3rd down, that was then turned into a TD. Number 91, ugh, ugh!!!!!

ndsubison1
09-18-2022, 07:44 AM
Too many penalties. Couple of pivotal plays on both sides of the ball, that if we capitalize we win. Not closing it out up 28-24. That 4th down play we didnt get was huge. Maybe throw it a few more times? Cam had to roll out in order to get time. Run game was very good. I thought the offense was awesome. Defense a lot of work to do up front. Didnt give up a ton of deep plays through the air. We need a competent FG kicker. We probably kick it on that 4th down if so. That game was ours. Adjust, move on and go win another title. Being at this game makes me want FBS badly.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
09-18-2022, 07:55 AM
That's a very good point. If we had last year's FG kicker, we win that game. I didn't think the Shanley guy was here long enough to have graduated.

reformedUNDfan
09-18-2022, 07:56 AM
Need to start recruiting full scholarship kickers again. Also we have two middle linebackers which means we don't have one.

Anyway despite everything NDSU had their boot on Arizona's throat late in the fourth, went for the killing blow and whiffed.

reformedUNDfan
09-18-2022, 08:09 AM
Also Williams needed more carries today.

EC8CH
09-18-2022, 08:46 AM
Best post I've read all night!! I dont get it

Felt like conservative Iowa type play calling. Almost worked again against a much inferior FBS team. Does seem though that even in crunch time they lack faith and avoid putting much of anything on cam shoulders in the passing game.

EC8CH
09-18-2022, 08:51 AM
https://twitter.com/ndgilby/status/1571382474839851009?t=6GHn1wy-25Z8rqTQQ_e9Ug&s=19

Anyone know why AZ HC was so pissed he directed an FU at our Sideline?

BisonEngrGirl
09-18-2022, 10:47 AM
The fcs is garbage. With the exception of sdsu, we won't see another good close game all year.

How much you want to bet the extremely objective playoff committee makes sure NDSU an Missouri State play in the same bracket and have zero chance of meeting in Frisco? If we do meet them in the playoffs, that game scares me.

gavin2126
09-18-2022, 10:48 AM
https://twitter.com/ndgilby/status/1571382474839851009?t=6GHn1wy-25Z8rqTQQ_e9Ug&s=19

I don't think it was directed at anyone in particular, like he had bottled up every slight over the week and let it out.

Big Bird
09-18-2022, 11:41 AM
The wide receivers got no separation all game and I'm worried that will be a season long trend. Mathis had 2 TDs against very bad competition but he and Sproles just aren't explosive athletes. Would love to see them get some of the youngsters in there, like Lance and Collins, and see if they can get open.

IMO, a super important play/mistake that is getting overlooked is Cam's slide on his scramble on the first drive. He had an easy first down had he not slid, but he did. That decision led to third and 1 1/2 (had he not slid, I think he gets the first by ~2-3 yards), which led to a false start, which led to a failed 4th down, which led to a short field for an Arizona TD. There was plenty of time and opportunity to recover from this mistake, but IMO, that turned out to be a potential 10 pt swing on one play.

DCinOK
09-18-2022, 12:31 PM
Sucks that the FBS streak has ended. The slide, the fumble, the facemask on a 3rd down stop, the 4th down-hike-the-ball-back-five-yards-so-Payton-who-only-ever-runs-can-try-to-run-for-two, the screen on 3rd and long to Henderson...
--Having said that, HUNTER LUEPKE had to have earned himself some NFL money last night as he was clearly the best player on the field and put on a flippin' SHOW.

wagsabison
09-18-2022, 12:39 PM
Lost the turnover battle… had too many penalties (some seemed questionable) and had some questionable play calls. Recipe for a loss. Made their Defense look like world beaters our last couple of possessions.

JMB
09-18-2022, 01:05 PM
Some thoughts...
1) "Momentum" is a crazy thing. I thought that Arizona Defense was done. We were gashing them like crazy. They pulled it together to stop us on 4th down that drive, and came out the next drive looking like world beaters.

2) The mistakes we saw tonight have been around for awhile, it just isn't as noticeable against most teams we play. Arizona had similar if not better talent than us, and we made mistakes and paid for it. NDSU has a reputation of playing error free football, but frankly tonight Arizona looked like the more disciplined team.

3) Hats off to Arizona. Their Oline dominated our defense. They created a big turnover in the red zone. They rallied on defense when I thought they were done. Plus the were very workman like out there. Few mistakes, not a lot of jawing. They played well.

BisonNeil
09-18-2022, 01:09 PM

There is no way in hell AZ is on the upper or middle end of the PAC 12. They’re shit!!

B.Schlossman Fan Club
09-18-2022, 01:11 PM

No we are still way better than any of the top 10 teams

B.Schlossman Fan Club
09-18-2022, 01:15 PM

Are you insane!?!?! Who the F in the FCS is going to beat us? SDSU has looked like sheet and maybe MO St, we could easily win the rest of our games too. We have a really good team and last night doesn’t change that

Grizzled
09-18-2022, 01:33 PM
Are you insane!?!?! Who the F in the FCS is going to beat us? SDSU has looked like sheet and maybe MO St, we could easily win the rest of our games too. We have a really good team and last night doesn’t change that

And a good draw for a conference schedule. Other than SDSU the rest of our schedule is pretty weak.

scottietohottie
09-18-2022, 01:35 PM
Oh the defense sucked ass don't get me wrong but I still think Roehl and Entz got to cute and smart in the 4th and actually put Busey in to try and milk the clock and it completely just blew up in their face they should have just let Luepke and Williams keep fucking pounding the rock eh.

Beautiful sunrise and day today here in ND eh.

No_Skill
09-18-2022, 01:54 PM
- I thought for sure Cole was going to pass it at some point in the 4th. We seemed to be setting them up for that
- Did a wide receiver have a catch?
- Their stadium made me very thankful for the Fargodome.
- All the other woulda coulda shouldas. Definitely felt like a game we should have won.

WestCoastBison
09-18-2022, 01:56 PM
Lost by 3. Still think we should have beat Arizona. The slide early made me want to puke. Not the Bison way.

scottietohottie
09-18-2022, 02:05 PM
Nobody ever did answer if the coaches did anything different for the late start. Has Tyler Roehl ever been up that late before?

Snowgoose
09-18-2022, 02:06 PM
Nobody ever did answer if the coaches did anything different for the late start. Has Tyler Roehl ever been up that late before?

Forget the late start stuff these are college kids not 40 plus year olds. They stay up this late all the time.

Snowgoose
09-18-2022, 02:10 PM
One reason I have told my son we are Bison fans and I have been one since the 80’s is that they always win the big games and then we cheer for the vikes on Sunday’s and they always lose the big games. This game the Bison felt like the vikes to me. Stupid penalties, dumb sliding too early, questionable coaching at times, thinking we are smarter than everybody else and flat out making small mistakes that lose a game we should have won.

scottietohottie
09-18-2022, 02:11 PM
Forget the late start stuff these are college kids not 40 plus year olds. They stay up this late all the time.

Tyler is not a college kid.

Um and one more thing I'll let the second half close game save your timeouts thing slide but any time a head coach heads to halftime with all 3 timeouts you just wasted 3 opportunities to get involved in the game and coach these kids up.

And the players have never played that late bro they've just made it rain on bitches and made tik tok videos at that time of day eh.

I wasn't going to rag on them though. Unless their a receiver who hasn't seemed to do shit this year and his thread is on like page 6 senior year. So cool. Trendy eh

scottietohottie
09-18-2022, 02:14 PM
He's on page 6 senior year. I just checked. So tempted to bump that thing. Wtf.

scottietohottie
09-18-2022, 02:17 PM
Entz and Roehl should have been playing chess at 11pm everyday for 2 weeks prior eh.

Bison Dan
09-18-2022, 02:17 PM
Need to play more discipline football - When you play a good team especially a FBS school you can't give them second chances.

Bisonator98
09-18-2022, 02:32 PM
Disappointing loss because we didn't play as well as we could have and should have won the game but gotta give credit to AZ they made the plays to win the game. Got a little too conservative after the fumble but we were running it down their throats until we decided to run Kobe and Bussey rather then the horses. Confident the guys will regroup and learn from it but I'm concerned with our Dline and LB play the most. Just not very good play from those to this point. Need some guys to step up in the front 7.

Hammerhead
09-18-2022, 02:38 PM

Not sure if it was on Hot Mic or one of The Forum articles, but they said the plane left later than normal on Friday and were letting the players sleep in later on Saturday. I'm assuming that means all of the pre-game routines were delayed as long as they could.

Bison4peat
09-18-2022, 02:38 PM

He's from Jersey.

Loud and Proud Bison fan
09-18-2022, 02:42 PM
I am going conspiracy theory. Matt Larsen told Entz to lose, so he will have an easier time scheduling FBS opponents in the future. /purple

Bison4peat
09-18-2022, 02:42 PM
Cam sliding short of the first down was gutless.

Think Brock Easton or trey do that?

Nope, at least FBS teams might schedule us again after this one.

EC8CH
09-18-2022, 02:44 PM
Disappointing loss because we didn't play as well as we could have and should have won the game but gotta give credit to AZ they made the plays to win the game. Got a little too conservative after the fumble but we were running it down their throats until we decided to run Kobe and Bussey rather then the horses. Confident the guys will regroup and learn from it but I'm concerned with our Dline and LB play the most. Just not very good play from those to this point. Need some guys to step up in the front 7.

This. All of it. Lost a winnable FBS game, have some things to work on for conference season.

Bisonator98
09-18-2022, 02:44 PM
I am going conspiracy theory. Matt Larsen told Entz to lose, so he will have an easier time scheduling FBS opponents in the future. /purple

Ha hadn't thought of that, maybe that MWC invite comes now lol

23Bison
09-18-2022, 02:45 PM
There is no way in hell AZ is on the upper or middle end of the PAC 12. They’re shit!!

PAC 12 isn’t that great this year. They should beat ASU, Cal, Colorado is a big time trash this season, Oragon St is a toss up, UCLA is a toss up, Stanford is probable loss. Can pencil in a loss against Oregon, Washington, Washington St, USC and Utah. Mid pac team

EC8CH
09-18-2022, 02:45 PM
Nope, at least FBS teams might schedule us again after this one.

Silver lining but kinda doubt this changes anything for the big 10 and 12.

Bison4peat
09-18-2022, 02:56 PM
Silver lining but kinda doubt this changes anything for the big 10 and 12.

Agreed, but I would take more games like this if we can get them. PAC 12 is in our wheelhouse.

sbark
09-18-2022, 03:38 PM
PAC 12 isn’t that great this year. They should beat ASU, Cal, Colorado is a big time trash this season, Oragon St is a toss up, UCLA is a toss up, Stanford is probable loss. Can pencil in a loss against Oregon, Washington, Washington St, USC and Utah. Mid pac team

All depends on their QB...had a career game last nite, week before was full of mistakes. If he can be consistent they will do fine .....good set of RB's, bunch of transfers helping, young...

Rebuilt quik after 1-11 last yr.

BiZon22
09-18-2022, 03:39 PM
Pretty nervous how this affects our recruiting tbh. We looked terrible against a bad FBS team… This is going to be a long year…

PickedBess
09-18-2022, 03:45 PM
Entz and Roehl should have been playing chess at 11pm everyday for 2 weeks prior eh.

Delazo and Adams

Kevin
09-18-2022, 03:46 PM
Slept on it. Still mad.

Big mad.

SomeBeach
09-18-2022, 03:46 PM

He was probably pissed that we ran two plays into the line, then a bad pass, then a punt on our last possession of the game.

Gully
09-18-2022, 03:49 PM
I don't think it was directed at anyone in particular, like he had bottled up every slight over the week and let it out.

He was looking directly across the field at the NDSU sideline. Not a good look for them. You would have thought they won their conference championship by their reactions.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
09-18-2022, 04:00 PM
Normally the Bison rock in the 4th Quarter, but last night it was AZ who were strong in the 4th. A possible reason I believe was the altitude finally got to the team. I remember back in 1966 the number 1 ranked Bison played the number 2 ranked San Diego Aztecs out there in the mountains (7000 ft) and got zonked. The players later said it felt like they were running in sand, or something like that. I remember Ron Earhardt was pissed and said if we ever play them again it's going to be here. At 4400 ft the Arizona stadium isn't at quite the altitude as San Diego was at that time, but it's still a much higher altitude than our 900 ft. Bison muscle seemed to be gone by the middle of the 4th Quarter.

BiZon22
09-18-2022, 04:01 PM
Normally the Bison rock in the 4th Quarter, but last night it was AZ who were strong in the 4th. A possible reason I believe was the altitude finally got to the team. I remember back in 1966 the number 1 ranked Bison played the number 2 ranked San Diego Aztecs out there in the mountains (7000 ft) and got zonked. The players later said it felt like they were running in sand, or something like that. I remember Ron Earhardt was pissed and said if we ever play them again it's going to be here. At 4400 ft the Arizona stadium isn't at quite the altitude as San Diego was at that time, but it's still a much higher altitude than our 900 ft. Bison muscle seemed to be gone by the middle of the 4th Quarter.

Or we’re just kind of bad this year lol

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
09-18-2022, 04:02 PM
That too! Worst D we've had in ages.

mtoutfitter
09-18-2022, 04:08 PM

Ft Collins was 5,000 feet. Almost looking like there should have been a "Bison excuses thread"

bisonduck
09-18-2022, 04:28 PM
NDSU looked pretty impressive to me. Arizona kind of backed their way into the win. Weird shit happens at night in the desert.

kab1one
09-18-2022, 04:29 PM
Tucson elevation 2389

BigHorns
09-18-2022, 04:34 PM
Ft Collins was 5,000 feet. Almost looking like there should have been a "Bison excuses thread"

This seems to be that thread. 1500 ft of elevation didn't decide the game.

BigHorns
09-18-2022, 04:41 PM
Tucson elevation 2389

This is right, field sits at 2430 ft https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arizona_Stadium

BiZon22
09-18-2022, 04:43 PM
NDSU looked pretty impressive to me. Arizona kind of backed their way into the win. Weird shit happens at night in the desert.

How do you watch that game and say we looked impressive. Sure we can run. Outside that… everything sucked including our kicker lol

BigHorns
09-18-2022, 04:46 PM
How do you watch that game and say we looked impressive. Sure we can run. Outside that… everything sucked including our kicker lol

Because he thinks Arizona is the next bama or usc. Sorry, they're not, and we should have won this game.

HerdBot
09-18-2022, 04:46 PM
This is right, field sits at 2430 ft https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arizona_Stadium

Being 2 hours jet lagged and a 2 am finish always plays a role in sports. You see it in all sports, but it's not significant enough excuse. We've gotten that benefit in the playoffs. It was poor execution at key moments

BiZon22
09-18-2022, 04:47 PM
Because he thinks Arizona is the next bama or usc. Sorry, they're not, and we should have won this game.

This. I am not very confident going forward

mtoutfitter
09-18-2022, 04:49 PM

I don't think you can say our passing game sucked when Miller was 10 for 12. You can however say that they could have passed a bit more.

HerdBot
09-18-2022, 04:49 PM

Not the next Bama or USC but I wouldn't be shocked if they finish in the top 25. That's a really good team on offense and they deserve credit. When their QB stops the Hero Ball he's a stud

DCinOK
09-18-2022, 04:52 PM

Why was there an "Arizona excuses" thread on this site prior to the game? Certainly is embarrassing and ridiculous. I'll get told that "nothing we post here is relevant to the outcome of a game, so shut up!" That doesn't change the fact that I felt a sinking feeling in my stomach as soon as I saw this thread prior to the game. "Stay humble, stay hungry" is the Bison way. To count pre-hatched chickens?! Not cool and not smart.

mtoutfitter
09-18-2022, 04:53 PM
Why was there an "Arizona excuses" thread on this site prior to the game? Certainly is embarrassing and ridiculous. I'll get told that "nothing we post here is relevant to the outcome of a game, so shut up!" That doesn't change the fact that I felt a sinking feeling in my stomach as soon as I saw this thread prior to the game. "Stay humble, stay hungry" is the Bison way. To count pre-hatched chickens?! Not cool and not smart.

Very well said. All the chest pounding prior to a game does not look good....IMO.

EC8CH
09-18-2022, 05:02 PM
Very well said. All the chest pounding prior to a game does not look good....IMO.

Couple of Francises that need to lighten up.

GreenfieldBison
09-18-2022, 05:02 PM

Agreed. Could very well have ended up on some bulletin board somewhere no?

At the same time those chicken little’s now proclaiming the sky is falling could stand to calm down a bit also.

Remains to be seen whether this version of the Bison is championship calibre but I for one am eager to see how they internalize this outcome and move forward. I see/hear all the right words coming out of those three players in the post game presser.

EC8CH
09-18-2022, 05:03 PM
Not the next Bama or USC but I wouldn't be shocked if they finish in the top 25. That's a really good team on offense and they deserve credit. When their QB stops the Hero Ball he's a stud

Doubt it......

EC8CH
09-18-2022, 05:05 PM
He was probably pissed that we ran two plays into the line, then a bad pass, then a punt on our last possession of the game.

I know I was. I feel his pain.

bisonduck
09-18-2022, 05:11 PM

USC…who is USC?

Arizona will give anyone outside the top 15 a run for their money.

thundarsdaddy
09-18-2022, 05:14 PM
I seriously doubt that Nebraska will be poaching any NDSU coachs for a while?

gavin2126
09-18-2022, 05:21 PM

I would be surprised if they finished in the top 25. I see 7-5, 6-6, or 5-7 for them this season.

BigHorns
09-18-2022, 05:24 PM
USC…who is USC?

Reality check: with the win yesterday Arizona moves up to Sagarin #63, USC is #7

Bison03
09-18-2022, 05:28 PM
Everyone step back for a second. We played a PAC 12 team, had the lead, and feel like we should have won the game. Think about that. We aren’t saying, wow, that is crazy we almost beat a P5 team! The expectation was winning that game like it was any other. We have things to work on, like any team does after any game. We still have a team that can make it to Frisco.

NDSU2006
09-18-2022, 05:30 PM
USC…who is USC?

Except for Mississippi State who rolled them in AZ last week. They aren't that good.

EC8CH
09-18-2022, 05:31 PM
Everyone step back for a second. We played a PAC 12 team, had the lead, and feel like we should have won the game. Think about that. We aren’t saying, wow, that is crazy we almost beat a P5 team! The expectation was winning that game like it was any other. We have things to work on, like any team does after any game. We still have a team that can make it to Frisco.

Basically. Sucks we lost a winnable P5 game. As far as it's impact on the season as a whole it's basically a wash. Showed there are areas to improve that were already known. If this team improves they can definitely make a run at Frisco.

mtoutfitter
09-18-2022, 05:41 PM
Couple of Francises that need to lighten up.

Guess being raised around folks who let actions speak for them and not being internet tough guys was my point. By the way being called Francis by you is funny!

GRAFTONBISON
09-18-2022, 05:48 PM
Very similar feeling to the game we lost to Wyoming years back in my opinion. Let one slip away

bisonduck
09-18-2022, 05:48 PM
Reality check: with the win yesterday Arizona moves up to Sagarin #63, USC is #7

None of it matters until game 6. Give it some time and relax. USC has some real issues.

Kevin
09-18-2022, 05:49 PM
Guess being raised around folks who let actions speak for them and not being internet tough guys was my point. By the way being called Francis by you is funny!

Bro you constantly threaten an autistic gentleman with physical violence on the internet’s.

No stones in glass houses.

Kevin
09-18-2022, 05:52 PM
We get that 4th and 8 and we win. Period.

So stupid. Entz should be drug tested.

EC8CH
09-18-2022, 05:56 PM

Yeah, lighten up. It's a sports forum on the internet.

EC8CH
09-18-2022, 05:57 PM
We played like SDSU. Good enough to win, but couldn't seal the deal.

bajadanny
09-18-2022, 05:57 PM
We get that 4th and 8 and we win. Period.

So stupid. Entz should be drug tested.
I totally agree way to many basic coaching errors, we were not playing NC A &T 12 passing attempts nothing down field to the wide outs, time to put the young guys in there. BYZUN lost a 4th quarter some questionable play calls
But can’t win em all

bisonduck
09-18-2022, 06:06 PM
I totally agree way to many basic coaching errors, we were not playing NC A &T 12 passing attempts nothing down field to the wide outs, time to put the young guys in there. BYZUN lost a 4th quarter some questionable play calls
But can’t win em all

The funny thing to me is they could’ve fed Leupke a little more and won the game. I don’t get sparing him against bad competition and then not feeding him against Zona.

scottietohottie
09-18-2022, 06:08 PM
Entz should be drug tested.

Well there goes another customer. We already lost your gf from Maddock with the racoon bro.

Kevin
09-18-2022, 06:09 PM
Well there goes another customer. We already lost your gf from Maddock with the racoon bro.

Free Ricky the Raccoon

ZHerd
09-18-2022, 06:10 PM
The funny thing to me is they could’ve fed Leupke a little more and won the game. I don’t get sparing him against bad competition and then not feeding him against Zona.

He should have had 25 carry. Still the biggest issue is our defense flat stank. Both defenses stank but ours made no big plays

56BISON73
09-18-2022, 06:18 PM

You getting a francis from the internet hall monitor girlie man is freaking hilarious. !!!!!!!!!

WhoRepsTheLurker
09-18-2022, 06:31 PM
Damn. Should’ve won this game. Oh well. With the possible exception of 2016, the Bison always get better as the season progresses. Rather lose now than in-conference or playoffs

Once it kicked off, I found it quite easy to stay up. Great game, great atmosphere, and the Bison looked like they belong on that stage. Very entertaining. Yotes will be desperate next week …

SiouxHockeyBisonFo
09-18-2022, 06:35 PM
Disappointing loss because we didn't play as well as we could have and should have won the game but gotta give credit to AZ they made the plays to win the game. Got a little too conservative after the fumble but we were running it down their throats until we decided to run Kobe and Bussey rather then the horses. Confident the guys will regroup and learn from it but I'm concerned with our Dline and LB play the most. Just not very good play from those to this point. Need some guys to step up in the front 7.Bussey had nothing to do with that and Kobe ran well all night. When a block like that is missed it doesn't matter who the ball is given to.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

B.Schlossman Fan Club
09-18-2022, 06:36 PM
Except for Mississippi State who rolled them in AZ last week. They aren't that good.

Well miss st should have beaten LSU but a muffed punt turned the tide.

scottietohottie
09-18-2022, 06:37 PM
Free Ricky the Raccoon

Word on the street is he was last seen with 8 game wardens and ain't nobody going to free him.

B.Schlossman Fan Club
09-18-2022, 06:41 PM
You getting a francis from the internet hall monitor girlie man is freaking hilarious. !!!!!!!!!

Getting called Francis by a Beta is pretty sad….

EC8CH
09-18-2022, 06:46 PM

You think the election was stolen Pat?

You boomers keep crying about a thread on a sports forum though. It's kinda cute you think it has an effect on anything.

B.Schlossman Fan Club
09-18-2022, 06:48 PM

You boomers keep crying about a thread on a sports forum though. It's kinda cute you think it has an effect on anything.

Yup still a Beta……

mtoutfitter
09-18-2022, 06:55 PM

Remind me again who was the only person that took a political shot in the game thread? You did just mention election.

scottietohottie
09-18-2022, 07:03 PM
Oh my fuck were still doing this? Try the ignore feature guys.

mtoutfitter
09-18-2022, 07:04 PM

You're right Scottie. I apolagize

SiouxHockeyBisonFo
09-18-2022, 07:21 PM
How do you watch that game and say we looked impressive. Sure we can run. Outside that… everything sucked including our kicker lolKicker? Did you even watch that game? The offense did more than enough to win and looked Impressive. 2 punts all game?
However, I would agree with regard to the defense. Not sure what the problem is, but that performance was embarrassing by bison standards.

EC8CH
09-18-2022, 07:22 PM
Remind me again who was the only person that took a political shot in the game thread? You did just mention election.

You are crying about the recount meme? Still a Francis.

56BISON73
09-18-2022, 07:42 PM

Now Now Scotty that goes both ways. The girlie men should follow that as well. But its a tough job to be the internet hall monitor when you have to use the ignore feature. eh?

td577
09-18-2022, 07:56 PM
My couple of thoughts. NDSU will never be as athletic as any p5 program. Arizona was more athletic. Plain and simple. That doesn't mean we can't outplay or outcoach p5 programs, which usually happens.

The Bison made too many mistakes to overcome. Penalties killed the team. The first 4th down should have been a punt even though I like the aggressive play calling for the most part.

Play action would have been effective in the fourth quarter. Arizona watched the nc game. They figured out early Peyton is running Patterson plays now and probably wouldn't pass so why not pass? I know we are all about execution and it doesn't matter if they know what we are running, but back to p5 schools are more athletic. It does matter if THEY know what we are running.

If we played them 10 times, we win 7. Most of the time, the defense was in the right spot but didn't tackle at first contact. The handful of times we weren't in the right spot, Arizona made the Bison pay dearly as p5 schools should.

Arizona is getting better and will win some conference games. NDSU is still the best team in fcs. Nothing changed that.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

mtoutfitter
09-18-2022, 08:07 PM
You are crying about the recount meme? Still a Francis.

Not crying, just stating a fact. Please check PMs.

Kevin
09-18-2022, 08:15 PM
Not crying, just stating a fact. Please check PMs.

Is the pm an offer to duel

EC8CH
09-18-2022, 08:20 PM
Is the pm an offer to duel

Actually it was

He actually said to name the time and the place.

Kevin
09-18-2022, 08:32 PM
Actually it was

Don’t be a ToUgH gUy oN tHe InTeRnEt bro

56BISON73
09-18-2022, 08:46 PM
Don’t be a ToUgH gUy oN tHe InTeRnEt bro

Either put up or shut up. Internet hall monitors just dont abide.

Kevin
09-18-2022, 08:47 PM
Either put up or shut up. Internet hall monitors just dont abide.

Put up what bro

56BISON73
09-18-2022, 08:52 PM
Put up what bro

If you have to ask-------

BiZon22
09-18-2022, 09:01 PM

Most likely they are a 4 win team and we look like clowns. I haven’t felt this embarrassed about a loss in years

BiZon22
09-18-2022, 09:03 PM
My couple of thoughts. NDSU will never be as athletic as any p5 program. Arizona was more athletic. Plain and simple. That doesn't mean we can't outplay or outcoach p5 programs, which usually happens.

The Bison made too many mistakes to overcome. Penalties killed the team. The first 4th down should have been a punt even though I like the aggressive play calling for the most part.

Play action would have been effective in the fourth quarter. Arizona watched the nc game. They figured out early Peyton is running Patterson plays now and probably wouldn't pass so why not pass? I know we are all about execution and it doesn't matter if they know what we are running, but back to p5 schools are more athletic. It does matter if THEY know what we are running.

If we played them 10 times, we win 7. Most of the time, the defense was in the right spot but didn't tackle at first contact. The handful of times we weren't in the right spot, Arizona made the Bison pay dearly as p5 schools should.

Arizona is getting better and will win some conference games. NDSU is still the best team in fcs. Nothing changed that.

You had me until you said we’re the best team in the FCS. That’s just no where near true.

Kevin
09-18-2022, 09:04 PM
You had me until you said we’re the best team in the FCS. That’s just no where near true.

Who is?

(ten)

Kevin
09-18-2022, 09:06 PM
If you have to ask-------

It you want to fight me pl u can come to my dojo and I will show you the art of the dim mak.

Cobra Kai never dies bro.

SiouxHockeyBisonFo
09-18-2022, 09:09 PM
Most likely they are a 4 win team and we look like clowns. I haven’t felt this embarrassed about a loss in yearsYes, nothing compared to the Indiana state and south Dakota losses. [emoji23] Both those teams won national championships.
Not to mention the Wyoming and Iowa state losses.
You are either fucken troll or delusional.

56BISON73
09-18-2022, 09:11 PM
It you want to fight me pl u can come to my dojo and I will show you the art of the dim mak.

Cobra Kai never dies bro.

Our conversation wasnt about you and I. But if you want it to be Ill be your huckleberry.

Kevin
09-18-2022, 09:13 PM
Our conversation wasnt about you and I. But if you want it to be Ill be your huckleberry.

It’s always so confusing the day after a loss.

Good thing it only happens once a year.

SiouxHockeyBisonFo
09-18-2022, 09:16 PM
Somebody that knows football better than me. Please tell me what is wrong with this defense. They havent looked right this year and AZ showed that last night, basically moving the ball at will.

reformedUNDfan
09-18-2022, 09:22 PM
Somebody that knows football better than me. Please tell me what is wrong with this defense. They havent looked right this year and AZ showed that last night, basically moving the ball at will.

It didn't seem to me that the defense was getting set quickly and multiple people seemed to be giving orders. Dont seem to have a QB for the defense.

BiZon22
09-18-2022, 09:23 PM
Yes, nothing compared to the Indiana state and south Dakota losses. [emoji23] Both those teams won national championships.
Not to mention the Wyoming and Iowa state losses.
You are either fucken troll or delusional.

Yeah this is the most embarrassed I’ve felt since those loses…

Which is why I said years…? Why is that hard for you to understand?

BiZon22
09-18-2022, 09:24 PM
Who is?

(ten)

SDSU or Montana for sure

bisonduck
09-18-2022, 09:29 PM
Most likely they are a 4 win team and we look like clowns. I haven’t felt this embarrassed about a loss in years

I bet they get their third on Saturday.

SiouxHockeyBisonFo
09-18-2022, 09:29 PM
SDSU or Montana for sureYes. SDSU looked dominant against Iowa in that punt fest. There offense was a gd dumpster fire, to put it nicely. IA did everything they could to give them that game and sdsu refused to take. If that was NDSU what would be happening on bisonville today?

Kevin
09-18-2022, 09:30 PM
SDSU or Montana for sure

Little brother and a big sky team. Got it.

reformedUNDfan
09-18-2022, 09:39 PM
Yes. SDSU looked dominant against Iowa in that punt fest. There offense was a gd dumpster fire, to put it nicely. IA did everything they could to give them that game and sdsu refused to take. If that was NDSU what would be happening on bisonville today?

Sp+ has Iowa as a top 5 defense, to go with a bottom 10 offense

SiouxHockeyBisonFo
09-18-2022, 09:48 PM
Sp+ has Iowa as a top 5 defense, to go with a bottom 10 offenseDoesn't matter. If NDSU played like that against anybody, including Alabama fans would be calling for everybody's head. SDSU was pathetic on that day and to try to say they are better than NDSU at this point a complete joke.

GFBison
09-18-2022, 10:14 PM

Not the class that everyone says he has. This was telling. Especially when asked about how well NDSU travels. https://www.azdesertswarm.com/football/2022/9/18/23358963/jedd-fisch-comments-postgame-north-dakota-state-arizona-wildcats-football

EC8CH
09-18-2022, 10:20 PM
Not the class that everyone says he has. This was telling. Especially when asked about how well NDSU travels. https://www.azdesertswarm.com/football/2022/9/18/23358963/jedd-fisch-comments-postgame-north-dakota-state-arizona-wildcats-football

Meh, he's trying to pump up his cellar pac 12 program. Their student attendance was impressive. No wonder he'd choose to focus on that compared to their very poor public attendance. Screaming f bombs at the opposing team after the game is just pathetic though.

EC8CH
09-18-2022, 10:22 PM
It’s always so confusing the day after a loss.

Good thing it only happens once a year.

Hey Kev. All this male bravado over compensation has me wanting to join in...

I want to teach you a manly lesson about saying mean things about me in your sig line on teh interwebz. Name the time and place blah blah blah...

Kevin
09-18-2022, 10:24 PM
Hey Kev. All this male bravado over compensation has me wanting to join in...

I want to teach you a manly lesson about saying mean things about me in your sig line on teh interwebz. Name the time and place blah blah blah...

Behind the meth barn as soon as we’re done with this batch.

I’ll send u to your highly disappointed ancestors.

EC8CH
09-18-2022, 10:29 PM
Behind the meth barn as soon as we’re done with this batch.

I’ll send u to your highly disappointed ancestors.

*Insert_tombstone_quote_tomakemelook_tough*

Are we doing this right?

ByeSonBusiness
09-18-2022, 10:30 PM

Ndsu lost by like 30 or something at SIU like 18 months ago.

GFBison
09-18-2022, 10:32 PM
Meh, he's trying to pump up his cellar pac 12 program. Their student attendance was impressive. No wonder he'd choose to focus on that compared to their very poor public attendance. Screaming f bombs at the opposing team after the game is just pathetic though.

The Cat walk prior to the game was fun to watch. Very festive.

SiouxHockeyBisonFo
09-18-2022, 10:34 PM
Great call!!!! Forgot about that one. Def the most embarrassing I can recall

EC8CH
09-18-2022, 10:34 PM

Impossible. Next you'll be telling us we had a guy named Zebediah playing QB.

KSBisonFan
09-18-2022, 10:36 PM

It didn't seem to me that the defense was getting set quickly and multiple people seemed to be giving orders. Dont seem to have a QB for the defense.

The great defenses of the past all seemed to have an alpha male in the LB and/or DL position. I don't think there's that guy yet who can take charge and make a big play to get us off the field on 3rd down.

During the broadcast, they mentioned our first tackle for loss and it came in the 3rd or 4th quarter. Not normal for a Bison defense, regardless of the level of opponent.

BiZon22
09-18-2022, 10:39 PM

True. That one was also very bad.

Kevin
09-18-2022, 11:02 PM
The great defenses of the past all seemed to have an alpha male in the LB and/or DL position. I don't think there's that guy yet who can take charge and make a big play to get us off the field on 3rd down.

During the broadcast, they mentioned our first tackle for loss and it came in the 3rd or 4th quarter. Not normal for a Bison defense, regardless of the level of opponent.

We seem to lack an identity on defense in general.

El_Chapo
09-18-2022, 11:03 PM

wanna buy my Frisco tickets bud7
?

Hammerhead
09-19-2022, 12:21 AM
What’s with the talk about dirty play. I don’t remember seeing anything after the whistle by either team.

td577
09-19-2022, 01:09 AM
You had me until you said we’re the best team in the FCS. That’s just no where near true.You are wrong.

SiouxHockeyBisonFo
09-19-2022, 01:44 AM
wanna buy my Frisco tickets bud7
?Nope. I'll get my own.
But i would put alot of money on that bet. If that team from last night shows up every week of the joke that is the fcs playoffs, they will roll through without a contest.

Grizzled
09-19-2022, 02:10 AM

Sounds like a guy trying to build a fan base. Also complimented our team many, many times. Not easy to build a football program in that town with the success of their basketball program.

El_Chapo
09-19-2022, 02:26 AM
Actually it was

yup. that was the last I heard too. they ignore feature has been wonderful

I'm still pisaed about this loss. the 6 game FBS streak hurts us more than you know nationallyn

23Bison
09-19-2022, 02:32 AM
What’s with the talk about dirty play. I don’t remember seeing anything after the whistle by either team.

Arizona fans don’t like it when NDSU players finish their blocks. I believe in their mind, if the guy is pushed out of the way far enough it’s all that’s needed. NDSU mindset is to make you eat dirt regardless of where you are on the field.

El_Chapo
09-19-2022, 02:34 AM
Arizona fans don’t like it when NDSU players block till the whistle. I believe in their mind, if the guy is pushed out of the way far enough it’s all that’s needed. NDSU mindset it to make you eat dirt regardless of where you are on the field.

this. I saw this sissy west coasters whining about that too. going to whistle isn't in their dna

ZHerd
09-19-2022, 02:43 AM
Their D will experience the Bison effect this week

bisonduck
09-19-2022, 03:02 AM
this. I saw this sissy west coasters whining about that too. going to whistle isn't in their dna

Lol. It’s not in Arizona’s DNA yet. That school’s OL play has been bad for awhile now.

bisonduck
09-19-2022, 03:03 AM

They play CAL and they’re allergic to offense.

ByeSonBusiness
09-19-2022, 03:13 AM
Sounds like a guy trying to build a fan base. Also complimented our team many, many times. Not easy to build a football program in that town with the success of their basketball program.

Yeah what's he really supposed to say?

SDbison
09-19-2022, 03:14 AM
Jalen Bussey up the middle on 1st and 10 was probably the worst call of the game. He hadn't had a carry all game and wasn't warm and is an off tackle guy. Late in the game they were tired. Bring in a power back like TMac. They didn't want to tackle him This! Roehl and Entz need to answer wtf they were thinking. A sportswriter needs to ask this question. And don't let them get by with "we thought it was right for the situation". Totally stupid play. Makes me wonder about their ability as coaches.

Kujava23
09-19-2022, 03:25 AM
Bison had plenty of opportunities to separate themselves in this game

Whatever happened to every drive ends in a kick?
4&4 41...really you go for it? Punt every time..its about field possession...the panicked coach goes for it

4th and 3 from 23 mid 4th...
So we recruited 4 kickers and none are worth the opportnity to try the kick...i dgaf if 0 fer 2 on year...kick the field goal or youre just saying our kickers i will never trust

4th n 3 23...call qb power but luepke on hole side so timing sucked n luepke never got there to block guy....who made mistake...luepke...payton...or roehl bad play call

My biggest disappointment was our DL got home ONCE all game...i mean not even pressures

Frustrating loss

Arizona played better than i thought they would lost me $$$$$

El_Chapo
09-19-2022, 04:47 AM
https://twitter.com/ArizonaFBall/status/1571721961176465409?s=20&t=IO-oHDaTs2znL8QfWkoevg

UA sure celebrating after their lucky win

ndsubison1
09-19-2022, 05:46 AM

Cal is a 6 point favorite.

bisonduck
09-19-2022, 07:14 AM
Cal is a 6 point favorite.

I saw 4.5 and Zona is a pretty good bet ATS.

Dstahn
09-19-2022, 09:00 AM
I get that our receivers were not getting separation but on one of the first downs why not have Mathis just sprint down the sidelines and tell Cam to overthrow it by 5 yards? Or throw it out of bounds where Mathis can make an attempt at the catch. Or just give the kid at 6'6 a chance at a jump ball. Another option would have been to let Gindorf run a seam and toss it up. But there was never an attempt at a deep throw to even keep the safeties honest. I mean by the end of the game the safeties were lining up with the linebackers.

Also, if you want to pass the ball at that last drive why not run the play-action roll-out pass to Gindorf? From what I remember that play worked well the couple of times we ran it and Gindorf made solid catches and runs with the 2 plays we gave him. The wide receiver screen just didn't look good.

scottietohottie
09-19-2022, 09:15 AM
I get that our receivers were not getting separation but on one of the first downs why not have Mathis just sprint down the sidelines and tell Cam to overthrow it by 5 yards? Or throw it out of bounds where Mathis can make an attempt at the catch. Or just give the kid at 6'6 a chance at a jump ball. Another option would have been to let Gindorf run a seam and toss it up. But there was never an attempt at a deep throw to even keep the safeties honest. I mean by the end of the game the safeties were lining up with the linebackers.

Also, if you want to pass the ball at that last drive why not run the play-action roll-out pass to Gindorf? From what I remember that play worked well the couple of times we ran it and Gindorf made solid catches and runs with the 2 plays we gave him. The wide receiver screen just didn't look good.

I'm actually thinking about the wide receivers myself. Do they suck in practice? Do the qbs really have no arms? Who has Matt Entz actually recruited himself? Apparently not a kicker, receiver, defensive tackle or linebacker eh.

WhoRepsTheLurker
09-19-2022, 12:49 PM
TR went in with a simple game plan and it almost worked. Take away the defensive penalties and the questionable 4th down call, and we likely win. I think Entz went for it because he knew the AZ offense was going to put up points. Those are talented players and they delivered a near perfect game. Young LBs/D-line made it a bad matchup for us. Came down to one play and the AZ D delivered. You could criticize TR for not dialing up something different there ... a little razzle dazzle anyone? ;) ... but he had no reason to think we wouldn’t execute

As for all the “chippy” talk, it was a big game for both teams. This is everywhere in high-level CFB now. If it were egregious, it would have gotten flagged. Funny how some people just want to paint the Bison in a bad light. I wonder why …

GreenfieldBison
09-19-2022, 01:01 PM
TR went in with a simple game plan and it almost worked. Take away the defensive penalties and the questionable 4th down call, and we likely win. I think Entz went for it because he knew the AZ offense was going to put up points. Those are talented players and they delivered a near perfect game. Young LBs/D-line made it a bad matchup for us. Came down to one play and the AZ D delivered. You could criticize TR for not dialing up something different there ... a little razzle dazzle anyone? ;) ... but he had no reason to think we wouldn’t execute

As for all the “chippy” talk, it was a big game for both teams. This is everywhere in high-level CFB now. If it were egregious, it would have gotten flagged. Funny how some people just want to paint the Bison in a bad light. I wonder why …

... and the strip sack of Cam deep in their red zone. It was early and it may not have seemed such a blow at the time but that ended up being likely a 14 point swing since they capitalized on the TO.

At the end of the day, the Bison need to play essentially error free ball when competing with a P5 and this time, they didn't.

WhoRepsTheLurker
09-19-2022, 01:07 PM
... and the strip sack of Cam deep in their red zone. It was early and it may not have seemed such a blow at the time but that ended up being likely a 14 point swing since they capitalized on the TO.

At the end of the day, the Bison need to play essentially error free ball when competing with a P5 and this time, they didn't.

Yes that was ugly. Have to go back and watch it again to see how he got in there so easy.

Bisman
09-19-2022, 01:48 PM

The fastest guy on the team is probably freshman wide receiver, Carson Hegerle. He ran a 10.61 100M in track last spring. I wouldn't be surprised if they use him to run a fly route, or two, in the future.

scottietohottie
09-19-2022, 01:56 PM
The fastest guy on the team is probably freshman wide receiver, Carson Hegerle. He ran a 10.61 100M in track last spring. I wouldn't be surprised if they used him to run a fly route, or two, in the future.

Do the qbs actually throw footballs? Thought they just did leg curls and pound the rock bro.

bisonduck
09-19-2022, 02:20 PM
The fastest guy on the team is probably freshman wide receiver, Carson Hegerle. He ran a 10.61 100M in track last spring. I wouldn't be surprised if they used him to run a fly route, or two, in the future.

Henderson had a good sweep. Everyone is focused on the WR but you don’t have to outthink yourself. Feed Leupke 3 more times.

scottietohottie
09-19-2022, 02:25 PM
Henderson had a good sweep. Everyone is focused on the WR but you don’t have to outthink yourself. Feed Leupke 3 more times.

I don't know bro. There was one first down in the third quarter where a well coached qb would have audibled to a play action pass but we just ran straight into 8 guys.

Honestly have the feeling the coaches don't trust the receivers this year and that's on the coaches eh.

scottietohottie
09-19-2022, 02:26 PM
There's no way in hell Carson wentz runs the play that was called.

But that's different coaches eh.

Coaches coaches coaches.

Thought these new recruits were supposed to be the biggest stars ever after all the success?

Coaches coaches coaches.

scottietohottie
09-19-2022, 02:28 PM
We know have qbs not allowed to throw a pass.

Seems like regression.

bisonduck
09-19-2022, 02:31 PM
I don't know bro. There was one first down in the third quarter where a well coached qb would have audibled to a play action pass but we just ran straight into 8 guys.

Honestly have the feeling the coaches don't trust the receivers this year and that's on the coaches eh.

Arizona looked gashed and like they couldn’t stop the run with 11 in the box at times. Then they did.

Welcome to being the hunted. NDSU was never the hunted against the FBS. Arizona is hungry and well coached.

scottietohottie
09-19-2022, 02:33 PM
Arizona looked gashed and like they couldn’t stop the run with 11 in the box at times. Then they did.

Welcome to being the hunted. NDSU was never the hunted against the FBS. Arizona is hungry and well coached.

I'm telling you that wasn't Bison football of old that we saw Saturday and some of us have seen this coming for a while eh.

Theses coaches don't even use timeouts. They out think themselves.

Hat off to the Arizona coach and the pac 12 eh.

GreenfieldBison
09-19-2022, 02:44 PM

Yeah, but. I would really like to see Leupke available and as near fully healthy as can be throughout the conference schedule and especially the playoffs. Was winning this game so vitally important that you would increase the odds of injuring your bell cow before you even enter conference play?

Frankly I don't know. Maybe a win in this game is worth more than another FCS trophy in the grand scheme as it relates to FBS aspirations. Maybe they don't need Hunter to win the MVFC. We have a lot of RB's. Perhaps another one of them could have been employed in this situation. T Williams is not a small body and had some success on Saturday night.

bisonduck
09-19-2022, 02:44 PM
I'm telling you that wasn't Bison football of old that we saw Saturday and some of us have seen this coming for a while eh.

I think the Bison run roughshod over the rest of their schedule. I am not worried about Bison football. That's the 3rd season Arizona's OL has played together. Their DL is bigger and more athletic than anyone on the schedule and the Bison still did what they want for most of the game.

The_Sicatoka
09-19-2022, 02:45 PM
Feed Leupke 3 more times.

Every commentary I've read wonders why they didn't stay with Leupke.

MankatoBison
09-19-2022, 02:47 PM

Said it earlier, but this loss hurts because we lost a game against someone in our own weightclass, not above and not below. Arizona was ready- we rag-dolled their defense the whole damn game, until we didnt. They made a stop and we didnt. They took us seriously and didnt make the big mistakes and got the W because of it.

It was clear in the post game press conference that our boys wanted to strap up and go another round with another fighter in their own weightclass. RIP to the featherweights on our schedule (literally everyone from here to the natty except SDSU). instead of getting their heads uppercutted into the catwalk in the 3rd quarter, it will now happen in the 2nd quarter, so I guess we have that to look forward to.

scottietohottie
09-19-2022, 02:48 PM
I think the Bison run roughshod over the rest of their schedule. I am not worried about Bison football. That's the 3rd season Arizona's OL has played together. Their DL is bigger and more athletic than anyone on the schedule and the Bison still did what they want for most of the game.

I agree but that's some of the problem. Don't need to work on passing or getting other parts of the team better when you can just pound the rock with Luepke against a bunch of puds. Shit you could probably win an fcs championship with meat head coaches and this team.

GreenfieldBison
09-19-2022, 02:49 PM

You know I'm retired but I hear that a lot of work is being done remotely these days and many fewer office dwellers are actually, you know, in the office. Given that I'm wondering if a) you've got any modern internet connectivity up there in the Turtles and if so then b) do you have any free cycles left between tractor and harvester sessions? Maybe you can work something out. Eh?

BISONBRI53
09-19-2022, 02:49 PM
Need to play more discipline football - When you play a good team especially a FBS school you can't give them second chances.

Our discipline has been shit since Entz took over. Too many STUPID penalties...

scottietohottie
09-19-2022, 02:51 PM
You know I'm retired but I hear that a lot of work is being done remotely these days and many fewer office dwellers are actually, you know, in the office. Given that I'm wondering if a) you've got any modern internet connectivity up there in the Turtles and if so then b) do you have any free cycles left between tractor and harvester sessions? Maybe you can work something out. Eh?

I would piss pump both Entz and roehl in madden bro.

GreenfieldBison
09-19-2022, 02:53 PM
I would piss pump both Entz and roehl in madden bro.

I did not use purple font.

MankatoBison
09-19-2022, 02:56 PM
Yeah, but. I would really like to see Leupke available and as near fully healthy as can be throughout the conference schedule and especially the playoffs. Was winning this game so vitally important that you would increase the odds of injuring your bell cow before you even enter conference play?

Frankly I don't know. Maybe a win in this game is worth more than another FCS trophy in the grand scheme as it relates to FBS aspirations. Maybe they don't need Hunter to win the MVFC. We have a lot of RB's. Perhaps another one of them could have been employed in this situation. T Williams is not a small body and had some success on Saturday night.

Little thought exercise... Do you think any players would traded a natty for the Iowa game? This game gets more talking heads talking about NDSU than a 10th natty. I heard this game talked about on all of the national CFB podcasts I listen too. all of them. Nearly zero of them even report the score of the Natty outside of Bruce Feldman. As in, it doesnt even exist to them. Its nothing, and does not move the needle to national CFB fans. They dont talk about D2 or D3 nattys either for the same reason.

Point is this, you may prefer a natty to an FBS win, but it is still an extremely important game, and running our starting RB 20x in ONE GAME is not going to compromise his health. If your RB is physically compromised if he runs 20x one single time a season, then he should not be a RB.

scottietohottie
09-19-2022, 02:56 PM
I did not use purple font.

Working on a podcast bro. Maybe they could listen to Kevin and I and get some pointers. Waiting to see if CAS is in or not.

GreenfieldBison
09-19-2022, 02:57 PM
Working on a podcast bro. Maybe they could listen to Kevin and I and get some pointers. Waiting to see if CAS is in or not.

Have not seen a post from him since very early in the game. Are we sure he's alright?

BISONBRI53
09-19-2022, 02:59 PM

I thought we looked great in the 4th quarter. Offense did at least. We were moving the ball no problem until that last drive.

Bison Dan
09-19-2022, 03:00 PM

This is 100% right. We should have won by 14 without some stupid mistakes.

RonMexico
09-19-2022, 03:03 PM
That 4th and 2 would have been the PERFECT time to run a little dump to one of the TEs releasing off the line. You've set it up for 2 games and 3 quarters that when Cole comes in he runs the ball. You could even run it out the the same formation. Cole gets the snap, takes one step to the line and then just dumps it over the line to a TE...probably would have been an easy TD. I mean if you aren't going to run that kind of play then after you've been setting it up for three games then when would you?

NodakGreg
09-19-2022, 03:26 PM

Totally unprofessional coach! If you watch his postgame press conference he only once ackknowledged that this was going to be a TOUGH GAME. No compliments to NDSU for who we are, in fact when asked by reporter about NDSU fans traveling so well, he said I like our fans, no comments on the fact we filled up 45% of their stadium Saturday night. AZ fans told us this was the most fans they have seen in years here. They loved that we helped make it seem like a BIG GAME. AZ fans were just fine, they new we had a great team and hoped it will be a close game, which it was from any college football fans stand point. A Boxing match.

But as Bison Fans we know the little mistakes or couple bad calls by coaches can hurt you in big games and it did.

But lets talk about the Unsportsman like Noise their sound man did on our 3rd Downs and 4th downs which produced sound on their stadium speakers and even their Band played loud as we were lining up to the the line and could barely do audibles, and had to hike the ball! That is totally illegal too or embarrassing that the AD allows that to happen!

Their coach is a DUCHE BAG! Great coaches acknowledge other teams,and watching him tell off NDSU because we were favored by 2 in their house was sooo unprofessional! Even when asked about his vocal outrage he said it was PERSONAL! He just showed how much of an idiot he is.

However in saying that, hes got fight and AZ needs that and I hope they go on to have a comeback year and win 5 or 6 games to show we lost to a good talented team and hope they don't lose a bunch. They have great fast skilled players, good size and fight, we let this one slip away but they were the best team we will play all year until the Border Battle or the Nickel game. But AZ is a good team, they would whip IOWA or IOWA State for sure, as the coach said, we aren't IOWA, or IA STATE WE are AZ 2022.

He had a lot built up with getting no respect from the press and all he heard was how good NDSU is and when Vegas gave us the odds in his house, that is what was under his skin....No Doubt.

But sooo many great comments from fans down at the game, coaches made some bad decisions, couple bad penalties hurt us at key times... but players and coaches will learn from this game, its NON COnference, we will be fine.

We need to learn to throw the damn ball down field to our WR #0 guy. 6'6" beyond 30 yards and near the damn endzone and let him go up and get it! Should of been done on the 2nd drive near the endzone at 5 yard line but we didn't instead Cam got raced down and fumbled on a tough tackle strip. These boys are fast, and you have to make quick plays on offense when playing higher level teams. Its not the MVFC.

Getting long here...but fun game day and fun to see the massive Bison Fan support in Tucson. What a great time.! The sky is not falling the boys and coaches will learn, a good loss we let slip away but thats football.

Go Bison!

GreenfieldBison
09-19-2022, 03:27 PM
That 4th and 2 would have been the PERFECT time to run a little dump to one of the TEs releasing off the line. You've set it up for 2 games and 3 quarters that when Cole comes in he runs the ball. You could even run it out the the same formation. Cole gets the snap, takes one step to the line and then just dumps it over the line to a TE...probably would have been an easy TD. I mean if you aren't going to run that kind of play then after you've been setting it up for three games then when would you?

Seems right. Assume Cole can throw.

GreenfieldBison
09-19-2022, 03:37 PM
Little thought exercise... Do you think any players would traded a natty for the Iowa game? This game gets more talking heads talking about NDSU than a 10th natty. I heard this game talked about on all of the national CFB podcasts I listen too. all of them. Nearly zero of them even report the score of the Natty outside of Bruce Feldman. As in, it doesnt even exist to them. Its nothing, and does not move the needle to national CFB fans. They dont talk about D2 or D3 nattys either for the same reason.

Point is this, you may prefer a natty to an FBS win, but it is still an extremely important game, and running our starting RB 20x in ONE GAME is not going to compromise his health. If your RB is physically compromised if he runs 20x one single time a season, then he should not be a RB.

I don't necessarily disagree with most of this except the highlighted assertion. That one is probabilistic and not deterministic so you cannot reasonably state what you did there unless you insert the term "probably" between "is" and "not". But then, you really already knew this.

Bottom line for me is that it does not matter what I think, or what you think, or maybe even what the vast array of assorted pundits think. What do the players think? They are the ones who put their blood, sweat and health on the line. Five, ten, thirty years from now is it going to be more meaningful to them to have a championship ring (assuming they collect one) or be able to squawk and strut about how they beat P5 Arizona on their home turf? I don't know. Every year we hang a new banner and it never says anything on it about P5 wins.

Former players, what say you?

EC8CH
09-19-2022, 03:42 PM
Tucson was great. Most all fans were really nice and offered thanks for coming and adding to atmosphere. Some of our fans were doucier than the worst of theirs.

Their coach is obviously in a tough spot with an underperforming P5 program with weak general public support. Everything except the big FU to our Sideline can be caulked up to him shifting focus away from their poor ticket sales to what is positive, their good student turnout. I think it's funny NDSU had him so worked up he's screaming fuck you at them after they squeak out the win. Exactly why, "you mad bro" exists as a saying. Funny how mad bro was. I'm an NDSU fan, so I think it's funny. If I was an ASU fan, I'd be embarrassed.

EC8CH
09-19-2022, 03:58 PM
Also if anyone thinks the fargodome's concourse is embarrassingly dated and cramped... Ho lee shit should you have gone to Tucson to see a point of comparison. Tight cramped cinder block funnels with narrow staircases drippinh with manmade humidity. Also pissers that are Metrodome style troughs and long walks to find one.

GreenfieldBison
09-19-2022, 04:02 PM
I get the sense that this was a pretty big deal for them. Look at all the photos...

Arizona Wildcats man up late to win 'mans game' against North Dakota State

https://tucson.com/sports/arizonawildcats/football/arizona-wildcats-man-up-late-to-win-man-s-game-against-north-dakota-state/article_0f21a6d2-36cc-11ed-a3a9-db57759c3e95.html

KSBisonFan
09-19-2022, 04:07 PM
I get the sense that this was a pretty big deal for them. Look at all the photos...

https://tucson.com/sports/arizonawildcats/football/arizona-wildcats-man-up-late-to-win-man-s-game-against-north-dakota-state/article_0f21a6d2-36cc-11ed-a3a9-db57759c3e95.html

Uugghh. Those pictures are a reminder of how many tackles we missed.

phxbison
09-19-2022, 04:33 PM
That was a dissapointing loss for sure. Just a few too many mistakes at key times. I only have two questions. Do the Bison ever throw any slant patterns over the middle ? Seem's to me that every pass is vertical and on the boundries. Where was Logan Kopp ? Was he injured ? Never saw him in for even one play and if he was and I missed it, he never showed up in the stat's for tackles. Seems strange since he led the team in tackles against North Carolina A & T.

abc123
09-19-2022, 04:38 PM
They took us seriously and didnt make the big mistakes and got the W because of it.

So what are you saying about the previous FBS games? They lost because they didn't take NDSU seriously?

mtoutfitter
09-19-2022, 04:46 PM
That was a dissapointing loss for sure. Just a few too many mistakes at key times. I only have two questions. Do the Bison ever throw any slant patterns over the middle ? Seem's to me that every pass is vertical and on the boundries. Where was Logan Kopp ? Was he injured ? Never saw him in for even one play and if he was and I missed it, he never showed up in the stat's for tackles. Seems strange since he led the team in tackles against North Carolina A & T.

Kopp is listed as having participated in the box score, but you're right, didn't notice him during the game.

B.Schlossman Fan Club
09-19-2022, 05:11 PM
So what are you saying about the previous FBS games? They lost because they didn't take NDSU seriously?

I do feel like they were more prepared to play The Bison that previous FBS matchups. Made for a really good game

BiZon22
09-19-2022, 05:13 PM
I do feel like they were more prepared to play The Bison that previous FBS matchups. Made for a really good game

Outside the spring season this is our worst team we’ve fielded in our championship run and it’s not even close

EC8CH
09-19-2022, 05:16 PM
Outside the spring season this is our worst team we’ve fielded in our championship run and it’s not even close

JFC man. We aren't even to conference play yet. Go on with your bad self and your sweeping assessments though. Dropping a 3 point loss to a P5 team really has you down. Or maybe we should have ran up the score higher on Butler?

EC8CH
09-19-2022, 05:18 PM

They lost because they made a couple key mistakes that NDSU typically avoided. ASU managed to flip that and play a near perfect game with no TOs and a single penalty. Took a near mistake free game for a P5 team to beat NDSU. No shame in that.

BiZon22
09-19-2022, 06:30 PM
JFC man. We aren't even to conference play yet. Go on with your bad self and your sweeping assessments though. Dropping a 3 point loss to a P5 team really has you down. Or maybe we should have ran up the score higher on Butler?

It has me down because we lost due to bad defense, being one dimensional, and penalties.

Things we don’t usually have issues with. Just feels like the end of the run is near. It doesn’t provide a lot of confidence going into conference play

mtoutfitter
09-19-2022, 06:34 PM
It has me down because we lost due to bad defense, being one dimensional, and penalties.

Things we don’t usually have issues with. Just feels like the end of the run is near. It doesn’t provide a lot of confidence going into conference play

I think once Wisniewski gets back the LB situation will be greatly improved. Also, once the young DTs get more game experience the defense will be much better. Do agree with you on Saturday, defense looked poor.

abc123
09-19-2022, 07:01 PM
They lost because they made a couple key mistakes that NDSU typically avoided. ASU managed to flip that and play a near perfect game with no TOs and a single penalty. Took a near mistake free game for a P5 team to beat NDSU. No shame in that.
I agree with most of this other than I would guess there were a handful of plays/decisions Arizona would have done differently given the chance (same for both teams). I was more referring to what seemed to be a slight at the previous NDSU teams that have knocked off FBS programs. That somehow they won because the other team wasn't prepared and this team only lost because they were.

scottietohottie
09-19-2022, 07:09 PM
and play a near perfect game with no TOs .

Entz did call one timeout in the second half eh

:nod:

MyOhMy
09-19-2022, 07:31 PM
IMO we lost to a poor football team that had a day where they did everything right and we did a lot wrong. Giving up that FG at the end of the half was inexcusable, the silly penalties, the turnover, not converting from 3rd and 2 at their 23 and then the terrible play calling on the final drive equally as bad. Clean up any single thing from those mistakes and we win that game. Some keys to the loss below IMO.

NDSU Arizona
4th down efficiency 0-2 1-2
Penalties 6-60 1-15
Turnovers 1 0

bisonduck
09-19-2022, 09:07 PM

It’s hard to blame the staff for not replacing Watson. Cal has a good defense. If AZ puts up 30+ on them, I think you have to tip your hat. de Laura and those receivers are a problem for any defense.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-19-2022, 10:02 PM
https://twitter.com/ArizonaFBall/status/1571721961176465409?s=20&t=IO-oHDaTs2znL8QfWkoevg

UA sure celebrating after their lucky win

It wasn't luck. They played discipled football on both sides of the ball and made the big plays when it really mattered, unlike us. Our D really hurt us this game, just like I was afraid they would. Our front 4 are slow and it showed on Sat. Very little pressure on their QB and when we got pressure, they couldn't contain him. Our D looked unorganized all night long. It seemed on most downs that our D wasn't on the same page and not set when the ball was snapped. Just a poor all around performance by our D on Sat. Our D has got to get better or we will lose more games this year. Considering our D is young and inexperienced, I am confident that they will get better as the season progresses.

In the end, they were more motivated to win this game than we were. They were sick of hearing about how good we are and how nearly everyone, fans and prognosticators alike, were not giving AZ much of a chance of winning this game and on the flip side I think we were a little too cocky going into the game. I think our players and coaches bought into the pregame hype going into the game and it showed.

SiouxHockeyBisonFo
09-19-2022, 10:07 PM
It wasn't luck. They played discipled football on both sides of the ball and made the big plays when it really mattered, unlike us. Our D really hurt us this game, just like I was afraid they would. Our front 4 are slow and it showed on Sat. Very little pressure on their QB and when we got pressure, they couldn't contain him. Our D looked unorganized all night long. It seemed on most downs that our D wasn't on the same page and not set when the ball was snapped. Just a poor all around performance by our D on Sat. Our D has got to get better or we will lose more games this year. Considering our D is young and inexperienced, I am confident that they will get better as the season progresses.

In the end, they were more motivated to win this game than we were. They were sick of hearing about how good we are and how nearly everyone, fans and prognosticators alike, were not giving AZ much of a chance of winning this game and on the flip side I think we were a little too cocky going into the game. I think our players and coaches bought into the pregame hype going into the game and it showed.

Young and inexperienced? Not even remotely the case. There is a ton of experience all over that defense. Not to mention two safeties that have been starting for 4-5 years that were not impressive.