Oct 1 NICHOLLS at Fargodome
Oct 8 at Cal Poly
Oct 15 SDSU at Fargodome
Oct 22 UC DAVIS at Fargodome
Oct 29 at Southern Utah
Nov 5 UNC at Fargodome

bisonranch
09-30-2004, 04:22 AM
Great home schedule so far! No if only one of the Montana schools that doesn't end in 'Tech' would be on there...

kchats
09-30-2004, 04:34 AM
Mankato bellied up to the bar. Wow I thought NDSU was blacklisted by the NCC. I like the look of the division I-AA teams so far. I would love to get Rocky and his team to come to Fargo too. 8)

4mcruenomore
09-30-2004, 04:39 AM
NAIA???? *Bring on Carroll, atleast that would show Montana, yes I know U of M, MSU, but Carroll has some attitude...

Bisonguy
09-30-2004, 04:42 AM
NO NAIA ever again!

4mcruenomore
09-30-2004, 04:42 AM
And, if Mary can't win the NAIA championship, then we would kick the sh*t out of Carroll, and silence any DIII, NAIA whatever. Carroll has done well against DII lately, and is dominate, I doubt they would come to Fargo.

4mcruenomore
09-30-2004, 04:43 AM
BISONGUY, they are hardly NAIA, these guys are a division apart, they have back-to-back NAIA championships.......

Bisonguy
09-30-2004, 04:47 AM
Carroll barely made it past Central Washington, who was trounced by one of the better DII teams. Carroll barely beat Montana Tech last year.

No NAIA, maybe one DII, and that's it. DI all the way!

4mcruenomore
09-30-2004, 05:05 AM
It would be good to put them down, just like I would like to play UND and St. Cloud and beat them. I feel like we went DIAA, and were unable to beat these teams for one last time. Which, leads them to talk smack to us. Bring them on.

IowaBison
09-30-2004, 01:47 PM
We need a big time school to come to Fargo before Mankato shows up

ie Montana, Montana State,

jackrabbit1979
09-30-2004, 04:12 PM
Just in case you all are curious, SDSU Football 2005:

Sept 10th Valparaiso
Sept. 17th at Montana
Sept. 24th Cal-Poly
Oct. 1st at Texas State
Oct. 8th UC-Davis (Hobo Day)
Oct. 15th at NDSU
Oct. 22nd Missouri-Rolla
Oct. 29th Georgia Southern
Nov. 5th Southern Utah
Nov. 12th Open
Nov. 19th Northern Colorado

IowaBison
09-30-2004, 04:16 PM
is the NCAA going to let teams play 12 games next year? anybody heard any news?

IowaBison
09-30-2004, 04:17 PM
Just in case you all are curious, SDSU Football 2005:

how far south of fargo is brookings, you nearly used y'all ! :)

WYOBISONMAN
09-30-2004, 04:17 PM
I think we need to ditch that Mankato game too. Let's have an all D1 schedule!!

JBB
09-30-2004, 04:31 PM
there are still 4 games to schedule. *Mankato could still be dropped or 2 games could still be put in front of them. *In fact all the rest of the games will have to be before the Nicholls game on Oct. 1.

I like the SDSU schedule. Didnt PSU just beat Miss. Rolla by about 90 or so? *It looks like GSU is coming to Brookings?

jackrabbit1979
09-30-2004, 04:36 PM
You are correct JBB, Pitt State just hung 90 on Missouri Rolla last weekend, they would be considered filler even in our schedule. *I am a big fan of out 2005 schedule, we got rewarded for only four home games this year with seven next year. *Plus NDSU and Montana are both within driving distances of Brookings, Nobody should miss the trip to Fargo, and i can't imagine a better opportunity to go to Missoula and partake with the Griz nation. *That's nine contests that are doable next year!!!! *;D ;D ;D ;D Plus Georgia Southern at home, we may get beat, but having one of the best of 1AA in Brookings is great.

IowaBison
09-30-2004, 04:42 PM
i agree, let's dump the mavericks if at all possible

plus where's our payday game?

i want to go to the dome and see as many bison fans as gopher fans!

tony
09-30-2004, 05:08 PM
Coach Bohl and Coach Jamrog go way back, don't they? If they both want an NDSU-Mankato game, it'll happen (leastways, that's my guess).

BisonCountry
09-30-2004, 06:42 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought I heard D-IAA schools need to average 60 scholarships over a 3 year period before a D-IA team can play them.

Thus NDSU is going 57 1/2 this year and 63 the next 2 years so that we can schedule a D-IA team in 2007.

Does anyone know for sure if this is true?

tony
09-30-2004, 07:06 PM
NDSU won't count for a DI-A team's bowl eligibility until they average 60 schollies for three years. However, DI-A schools can count a win over a DI-AA team only once every four years. There are a lot of DI-A schools who have done that in the last four years (Minnesota might be one of them). NDSU's lack of scholarships wouldn't matter to those schools.

Anyway, even if it doesn't count towards their bowl eligibility, a DI-A school can still schedule NDSU.

BisonCountry
09-30-2004, 07:25 PM
Thank you for the clarification!

I'd like to see a game with the Gopher's but I'd also like to see it be competitive (ex. Illinois St. vs. Gopher's this year).

KTF
09-30-2004, 08:59 PM
Why does it seem like NDSU is having trouble scheduling teams for FB or Basketball for that matter and SDSU is almost already full and have some really good teams on it! I know that SDSU may appear weaker but come on... Did that win againist Montana really put that much fear in the hearts of everybody in D-IAA?

IowaBison
09-30-2004, 09:05 PM
went back to the trust old afca site and found that Northeastern has an open game on the 3rd of September, that would be a great game to start the season

that or we should try another early game to increase press aka the Valpo slaying

Shakermaker
09-30-2004, 09:44 PM
We need a big time school to come to Fargo before Mankato shows up

ie Montana, Montana State,

Montana State is NOT a big time school. They made the playoffs two years in a row (last year and the year before that). That's a school record for them. I hardly call that "Big Time." They are a quality program, but once again, NOT Big Time.

JBB
09-30-2004, 09:48 PM
NDSU is driving a harder bargin. *Our BB schedule is complete. *Either Montana school would be a good draw, better than Manakato. Its a matter of filling 11 dates with the best deals possible.

IowaBison
09-30-2004, 09:51 PM
Montana State is NOT a big time school. *They made the playoffs two years in a row (last year and the year before that). *That's a school record for them. *I hardly call that "Big Time." *They are a quality program, but once again, NOT Big Time.

Montana State would be a great draw for the NDSU

i might have missed spoke with my use of the term 'big time'

i think we'd have 16,000 at least for that game and that, my friend, is "big time" (at least in Fargo)

IowaBison
09-30-2004, 09:53 PM
i forgot that you were from Montana, Shakermaker

to you Montana State is "big time" when was the last time you beat the bobkitties? ;)

Shakermaker
09-30-2004, 10:04 PM
i forgot that you were from Montana, Shakermaker

to you Montana State is "big time" when was the last time you beat the bobkitties? ;)

16 of 18 isn't bad in the last 18 years I'd say. *Three years ago to answer your question, but if you want to go there... when was the last time you beat the Sioux? *At least we'll get the chance to rectify that problem this year. *And don't get me wrong. *I can't stand the Sioux. *I was pissed when you lost to them last year. *I have a friend at UND who equates a Griz loss to the Bison and a Bison loss to the Sioux= the Sioux being better than the Griz. *If only sports worked that way.

IowaBison
09-30-2004, 10:16 PM
i'll take being compared to the griz any day, save the dates we play, which hopefully will be sooner rather than later

i'd still love to see us play Montana State though

Tatanka
10-02-2004, 12:58 AM
Absolutely dump Mankato!

But that's better than MO-Rolla. Wow. They're perenially terrible, worse than Morningside, worse than Crookston, heck, even worse than MSU-Moorhead. Other than that, I've got Bunny schedule envy...

JBB
10-02-2004, 01:32 AM
I dont think Manakto is a big draw. I dont know how hard it is to schedule though. We might be lucky to have a game.

somebison
10-14-2004, 01:43 AM
afca open dates updated (http://www.afca.com/lev2.cfm/533)

W. Illinois is looking for games again

BisBison
10-14-2004, 02:26 AM
Let's go for a home and home with Northeastern. Bring Rocky to the FFD and you can bet it will be a sellout. ;D ;D ;D

trams86
10-14-2004, 02:41 AM
Rocky's team is looking for a home and home for 05&06 on 9/3 next year, Taylor should jump on that. Eastern Wash. looks good too.

trams86
10-14-2004, 02:50 AM
I dont think Manakto is a big draw. *I dont know how hard it is to schedule though. *We might be lucky to have a game. *
I agree why commit to this game so early when there are I-AA teams still trying to fill thier schedules for next year?

Dallas_Demon
10-24-2004, 04:40 PM
Isn't the return game to Northwestern St. next year?

tony
10-24-2004, 06:59 PM
I think the return game to Louisiana is in 2006.

BisonBizzo
11-16-2004, 12:37 AM
Someone might have already posted this, but Montana State is on the schedule for next year. *The game will be played in Bozeman. *WDAY news announced it this evening and confirmed home games so far against Mankato St, N Colorado, S Dak St, Cal Davis, Nicholls St. *and away games against Montana St, S Utah, and Cal Poly.

tony
11-16-2004, 12:58 AM
First I've heard of it. That's hreat news if the Bobcats come to Fargo in 2006. Two words: sell out.

BisonBizzo
11-16-2004, 01:04 AM
Steve Hallstrom did not mention any details on the contract with Montana St. I too, hope for a return game in 2006.

BisonBizzo
11-16-2004, 01:05 AM
Steve also said an agreement just occurred, so I imagine it happened today.

BisBison
11-16-2004, 01:11 AM
It's gotta be a home & home. Montana State has shown us great respect regarding our move. I'd be very surprised if it wasn't.

KTF
11-16-2004, 01:58 AM
Is the Montana State game a lead into the Big Sky conference? How we don't push hard to get Rocky back here?

WYOBISONMAN
11-16-2004, 02:05 AM
Home and home (I am sure that would be the deal with the support we have gotten from Dr. Gamble at Montana State) with the Bobcats is GREAT news!! *I hope this means, "WELCOME TO THE SKY!!" ;D

http://www.ndsuspectrum.com/images/1109/football.jpg

IowaBison
11-16-2004, 02:22 PM
Adding Montana State is great, but we need one or two good games for the first couple of weeks.

I'm not too excited about playing Mankato and then waiting until October 1st.

Somebody call up Rocky in Boston and tell him to come to Fargo in September.

IowaBison
11-16-2004, 02:40 PM
10-Sep * * *Mankato *(H) * * * * * * * *
17-Sep * * * * * * * * * * * *
24-Sep * * *Montana State * * * * * * * * *
1-Oct * * *Nicholls State *(H) * * * * * * * *
8-Oct * * *Cal Poly * * * * * * * * *
15-Oct * * *South Dakota State (H) * * * * * * * * *
22-Oct * * *UC-Davis (H)
29-Oct * * *Southern Utah * * * * * * * * *
5-Nov * * *Northern Colorado (H)* * * * * * * * *
Northwestern State * * * * * * * * *2005: 9/3, 917, * * *
McNeese State University * * * * * * * * *2005 : 9/17 * * *
Western Illinois University * * * * * * * * *2005: 9/3 * * *home and home!
Northeastern University * * * * * * * * *2005: 9/3 * * *home and home!
Eastern Washington University * * * * * * * * *2005: 9/3, *9/17 * * *
Furman * * * * * * * * *2005: 9/3 * * *

IowaBison
11-16-2004, 02:47 PM
also missed that Weber might be coming to the dome (see today's forum)

Bisonfan01234
11-16-2004, 04:33 PM
We should definately grab WIU on 9/17.

Herd_Mentality
11-16-2004, 05:23 PM
Can anybody substantiate the rumor that the Mankato game was scheduled because we wouldn't have to pay them a guarantee? *If this is the case, I support the Mankato game being on the schedule 100%. *The financial upside to that sort of scenario is huge.

A September trip to Montana State should be fun.

JBB
11-16-2004, 05:38 PM
If there is one thing NDSU fans have grown used to, it is the early season warm up against an often unknown and or overmatched DII opponent. *I guess, the more things change the more they stay the same. *Mankato is an old well known foe. *we cant play all of our games against the nations best. *I dont even think we want to.

Oh yea, year 2 and counting. As of next september Half the student body at NDSU will have never seen the NCC teams play. By the time we are playoff eligable there wont be any underclassmen familar at all with the NCC or DII.

"We saw their taillights fading
there aint a dry eye in the house
but we were laughing and singing as they left town"!

Bisonfan01234
11-16-2004, 06:09 PM
Judging from the poor student draws this season, half the student body hasn't seen NDSU play!

If this Mankato deal is a one time, whatever, then fine.

But starting in 2006 (when NDSU is in the Sky with 8 or 9 DI games guaranteed), NO DII's!

tony
11-16-2004, 06:12 PM
JBB, I think you've got UND and NDSU confused :) If anything, NDSU fans are used to seeing ranked team, often top 10, come to the FargoDome. TAMUK, Indiana PA, Valdosta State, West Georgia, Delta State, Pittsburg State, UC Davis, Grand Valley State, etc... they were the best available in DII. That's a Who's Who of DII ball right there.

I'm not saying NDSU should necessarily bring in top 20 DI-AA teams all the time, but I think that there are plenty of DI-AA teams out there so I'd say drop the DIIs as soon as we can.

WYOBISONMAN
11-16-2004, 06:49 PM
The more solid the competition, the higher we will go in the polls....

somebison
11-17-2004, 12:54 AM
Look forward to watching the Bison-Mont St game on WDAY next year *

BisBison
11-17-2004, 12:56 AM
Can anybody substantiate the rumor that the Mankato game was scheduled because we wouldn't have to pay them a guarantee?

I spoke with Gene Taylor when he was in Bismarck last week and asked him about the Mankato game. He said they owe us a home game. I guess he didn't say that meant no guarantee but it sure sounded like that to me.

bisonranch
11-17-2004, 01:18 AM
Montana ST. is a great addition. Montana or UNI would be great, or any of those high ranked eastern teams that don't have much respect for the Bison.

Tatanka
11-17-2004, 01:19 AM
JBB, I think you've got UND and NDSU confused :) If anything, NDSU fans are used to seeing ranked team, often top 10, come to the FargoDome. TAMUK, Indiana PA, Valdosta State, West Georgia, Delta State, Pittsburg State, UC Davis, Grand Valley State, etc... they were the best available in DII. That's a Who's Who of DII ball right there.

I'm not saying NDSU should necessarily bring in top 20 DI-AA teams all the time, but I think that there are plenty of DI-AA teams out there so I'd say drop the DIIs as soon as we can.
++

JBB
11-17-2004, 01:05 PM
Yea, I guess your right Tony, I should have said overmatched. *I dont know what our margin of victory in opening games would have risen too if we had scheduled a bunch of Newberrys or something?

I dont mind a warm up, it can be DII or DI-A or DI-AA, but overall I want to see a schedule that will give us a chance to be ranked. *This years schedule did that. *It also showed everyone how far the team has come in one short year. *the gap between a good DII and this years BISON was approaching fifty points.* *

wfduck
11-17-2004, 01:32 PM
++

Northern Michigan
Cal Poly
Delta State
Emporia

Bisonfan01234
11-17-2004, 02:19 PM
This year's schedule was not done with the purpose of getting us ranked. It was done out of panic trying to get us 11 teams to play.

What if didn't have the Great West and it's 5 games? Yikes, we might have had a couple more NAIA!

Bisonfan1
11-18-2004, 02:25 PM
I also think Northeastern and Rocky to the dome, I can smell a sellout for this game.

mikelsch
11-19-2004, 05:17 PM
According to AFCA open dates, here are some scheduling options. Probably more out there than what is listed. Personally, I would like to see all I-AA teams, then I-A, then anything else.

Sept 3: I-AA: Furman, Northwestern State, Western Illinois, Northeastern (Rocky Hager), Eastern Washington. II (Worst case scenario): Emporia State, UND. I-A (Yeah right): Pittsburgh (wouldn't be so bad, not as good as the Gophers).

Sept 10: Already (unfortunately) have Mankato scheduled. This happens to be the date the Gophers are trying to fill. Not looking good for Gopher game. They had to use their I-AA win this year to become bowl eligible. That's ok, we are not quite ready to play them yet.

Sept 17: I-AA: Northwestern State, McNeese State, Eastern Washington. II (again, worst case scenario): UND. I-A: Marshall, Washington State (both are similar cases as Pittsburgh).

November 11: I-A: Temple. Seriously, this is a game we could win, and should schedule.

November 19: Nothing listed.

November 26: I-A: Temple. Not a typical scheduling date for I-AA schools, but we can't make the playoffs, so who knows if the NCAA would let us.

WYOBISONMAN
11-19-2004, 05:25 PM
Eastern Washington would also be a good game to schedule. *Another solid Western DI-AA program....and a Big Sky member.

Bisonfan01234
11-19-2004, 05:52 PM
We'll be seeing plenty of East Wash. in the future when we're Big Sky Members.

Lets get some non GWest/non BSky teams on the schedule.

Scheduling Temple sounds like an awesome Idea. But I think all the big eastern IAs want to get them for an easy win.

IowaBison
11-24-2004, 10:17 PM
So far:

Sep 10 MANKATO at Fargodome
Oct 1 NICHOLLS at Fargodome
Oct 8 at Cal Poly
Oct 15 SDSU at Fargodome
Oct 22 UC DAVIS at Fargodome
Oct 29 at Southern Utah
Nov 5 UNC at Fargodome

I think the October 22nd Bison/Davis game should be the inaugural Spaghetti Bowl.

They bring the tomatoes, we bring the durum and beef. What do you guys think?

roadwarrior
11-24-2004, 10:35 PM
Shouldn't Davis bring the wine also ;D

BisBison
11-24-2004, 11:32 PM
Sept 17 @ Mont St signed today ;D ;D ;D Hopefully it's a home & home.

BisBison
11-25-2004, 03:19 AM
oops my mistake, the game is Sept 24, its on the Bobcats website today.

BisBison
11-25-2004, 03:22 AM
One more thing, they open their season @ Okla St. Visions of our future. :o

IowaBison
11-29-2004, 02:00 PM
One more thing, they open their season @ Okla St. Visions of our future. *:o

I'd rather play Nebraska than Okie State.

Bisonfan01234
11-29-2004, 02:28 PM
Yeah.

We might have a chance at beating Nebraska!

Tuk
11-30-2004, 06:13 AM
If Coach Bohl is still around when it happens, it would be sweet revenge on his part with a win against the big red machine.

very interesting...

JBB
12-03-2004, 03:07 AM
I would really like to see NDSU schedule some home/homes with smaller DI-As. Wyoming might be a possiblity. Try one of the Michigans like centeral eastern or western. Kent state, those would be great games.

BISON_PRIDE
12-03-2004, 05:52 AM
I think Minnesota, Iowa St., Kansas and Wyoming would be the first few IA's we would schedule. *Teams that we may give a run for their money and perhaps get a nice fat check from. * We don't want to embarress ourselves in the next 4 years by playing top Big Ten, or Big Twelve schools. *We don't need to, we are not in dire need of money that bad. *The problem with more obscure schools is this, possibly a loss, on the road, *and no fat check. * I've never heard of a IA school playing a IAA school on the road, but I may be wrong. Future looks like this - Big Sky conference schedule, one of the above schools, and a patsy school like UND schedules.

IowaBison
12-03-2004, 01:36 PM
watch it BisonPride, my Cyclones almost won the Big 12 North

actually, if you don't want to get blown out then, in all seriousness, I wouldn't schedule Iowa State

they are losing only a few seniors and were with a decent kicker away from beating Iowa, Colorado, and Missouri

that would have made them 9-2 and top 15.

Bisonfan01234
12-03-2004, 05:15 PM
watch it BisonPride, my Cyclones almost won the Big 12 North

actually, if you don't want to get blown out then, in all seriousness, I wouldn't schedule Iowa State

they are losing only a few seniors and were with a decent kicker away from beating Iowa, Colorado, and Missouri

that would have made them 9-2 and top 15.

Anyone who knows about college football knows how much of a joke this statement is.

The BigXII north wasn't even good enough to play IAA this year!!!!

And they STILL....**STILL** managed to not win the division by losing to Mizzou and CU!!!

Don't kid yourself.

IowaBison
12-03-2004, 05:40 PM
for once you have a semi decent reply

the problem with it is, just like most folks who don't actively follow a team is that you must look in the rear-view mirror

the entire season Iowa State heard, oh you beat us, we are having a down year,

but i digress, this isn't a cyclone board.

they would beat the Bison any of the next three years by 40.

BISON_PRIDE
12-03-2004, 08:51 PM
I didn't mean any disrespect to Iowa State of course, but their location in the upper midwest would be the key. *3 or 4 years may be the minimum for a game there anyway. I think Minnesota would be the first IA and I'd love to know how many tickets that would sell. *In the mean time there are plenty of talented IAA schools to contend with.

IowaBison
12-04-2004, 06:43 PM
i'm not overly upset

it's just that you referred to not wanting to play one of the "top" big 12 teams. i think that iowa state will definitely be one of the, if not 'the', top team in the big twelve north for the next three years.

that being said, i'd be very happy to drive down to ames for a game.

roadwarrior
12-05-2004, 07:57 AM
Montana State will appear at the Fargodome in either 2006 or 2007 as their end of a home and home agreement.

JBB
12-05-2004, 03:13 PM
Im not sure who has the option as to which year, but if its up to NDSU I would guess we will see them in 2006.